Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Forbidden Fruit

• Start Topic

Not thrilled Kathy Bates is a robot but she is good.

So everyone died and a few were brought back only a few minutes later yup its Coven time again.

I had no idea Andre was Adina Porters son. I never get that impression the other two episodes.

Another X-Men Evan Peters shout out.

The scene with Mallory and Michael was good.

Coco and Gallant have a weird funny friendship.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Another X-Men Evan Peters shout out.

It's especially funny since the trailer for Dark Phoenix drops tonight!

So Coco got resurrected over Emily? That means something else is up with the horny special DNAers. We got robots, witches, and demons so I'm leaning towards the alien theory.

If it truly is Halloween then the Coven witches may not be alive but their ghosts that are able to come back for the one night. Explains why they looked so damn amazing as they swanned in out of nowhere. Gives them a time limit on whatever they're trying to accomplish.

So what became of Nana's body? Venable couldn't fool them twice, eh?

So Adina's character and Michael have met and dealt before. Seems like she may have made a deal to forgo witch powers and bow out of whatever issue happened for fame and fortune as an actress. With Mallory seems like he feels he wiped out the witches and Mallory was an unexpected missed one. And she's powerful. She knocked for a loop twice - the second time with him somewhat prepared. Boy was shook and went crying to daddy.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Surprise bitch ....finally 

Exactly, let's get these crossovers going!  That red wig on Frances Conroy was awesome.  Was it bigger now?

I never like puking scenes, they are my tv/film kryptonite, but when Evan Peters spewed that giant one I had to laugh.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 5

okay, but...why have Timothy and Emily at all? Why have Andre?

They really did a piss poor job of explaining the connection between Dinah and Andre.

Great episode, but Emma Roberts ruins this whole season for me. Murphy will kick Cuba Gooding Jr to the curb for his obnoxious drunken behavior at Paleyfest, but not privileged white girl Emma Roberts who beat up and bit Evan Peter?

• Love 17
Just now, TobinAlbers said:

So Coco got resurrected over Emily? That means something else is up with the horny special DNAers. We got robots, witches, and demons so I'm leaning towards the alien theory.

She could still be brought back but I hope not lol. Her and Timothy are painfully boring.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Not thrilled Kathy Bates is a robot but she is good.

I actually felt a little sorry for Meade, because she seemed to have thought she was human until she got shot, with memories of a family and trick or treaters and stuff. And then she shot Venable without even knowing why. "I'm having a little trouble with this!" Poor cyborg. :-P

• Love 14

A lot of f-bombs were dropped this episode.  I think this is the first time I've heard "motherfucker" on FX. 

The opening scene with Michael and Mallory was scary, I wasn't expecting that reaction.  Venable's whole plan was stupid, since she has no idea where the sanctuary is.

After Coco was killed, they kind of dropped where the ex is and what his plan was.  I figured out that Adina's character was a witch during the interview, but I didn't realize Coco was a witch too.

Next week looks fun!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, peridot said:

After Coco was killed, they kind of dropped where the ex is and what his plan was.  I

I was expecting him to pop out and stab Venable or something I mean what is he just chilling around? lol stab ex in forehead and take a nap somewhere 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I was expecting him to pop out and stab Venable or something I mean what is he just chilling around? lol stab ex in forehead and take a nap somewhere 

Well...sure, why not? ? After 18 months of wandering the fetid post apocalyptic wasteland slowly dying of cancer and infections, fighting off cannibals, and eating heaven knows what he's now on a veritable paradise of clean clothes and linen, protection from the elements, and music. I'd totally go find a room, barricade the door and crash. With his luck he'll grab an apple to snack on before bed though.

• Love 12

The kids felt like a waste, all that build up just to kill them off, I'd have prefer they explained their dna first. Hopefully they go back to it. Coco was hilarius. Enjoying the season, but I hope they have witches die for good, one of my issues with coven till the end was the witches seemed to powerfull.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m confused as who Kathy Bates is suppose to be to Michael, aside from a robot. 

The impression I got was Michael had programmed Kathy the Robot (I forget the character's name) with his grandmother Constance's personality.

• Love 8

This episode went by quickly! So Cindy Lou Who's older sister is a witch. Interesting! Hot antichrist was seriously shook!

Coco is such a bitch and I love it! I can't wait to see her interact with supreme bitch (but not the real Supreme), Madison Montgomery in the coming episodes. I cheered when the witches showed up. Coven will always be my favorite, so I am loving everything about this new season. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

But the robot's personality isn't anything like Constance's, IMHO.

The one thing I thought of was that

Constance killed her husband

in the first season. I only watched part of the episode tonight, but didn't a younger version of her kill a man?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peridot said:

Venable's whole plan was stupid, since she has no idea where the sanctuary is.

Except it was really Michael's plan, since he asks Meade after Venable died if she enjoyed acting out the plan as much as he enjoyed putting it together. He didn't want to get his hands dirty, which I thought was odd because SATAN, but Mallory was the real target, IMO, and the others were just expendable. He really didn't anticipate the reaction he got from her and I think he wanted her dead before she could do something to gum up the works for him.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Coco is so mean but she’s funny as hell. 

I’m confused as who Kathy Bates is suppose to be to Michael, aside from a robot. 

I don’t believe all the people who died are really dead

I don’t believe all the people who died are really dead. 

I don’t believe all the people who died are really dead. 

I’ve had enough of Coco ? I wonder which  witch she really is....she is funny but starting to grate on my nerves

Edited by GoneGirl
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, jmonique said:

The impression I got was Michael had programmed Kathy the Robot (I forget the character's name) with his grandmother Constance's personality.

Same

36 minutes ago, Anela said:

The one thing I thought of was that

Reveal hidden contents

Constance killed her husband

in the first season. I only watched part of the episode tonight, but didn't a younger version of her kill a man?

She shot her ex hubby

• Love 3

I guess that after all the time they have been there, eating all kinds of weird things, those boring Red Delicious apples probably looked as good as ice cream sundaes to them.  But I agree -- those are not the best apples.

As usual, this season is all over the place and certain things don't make sense, but I am just enjoying the fun, bizarre, confusing ride!  I am also getting a kick out of all of the sound clips from or references to old songs or TV shows (last week's Shaun Cassidy reference hit close to home, as I LOVED him so much in his teen idol/Hardy Boys days).

I think that Coco is hilarious.     I thought that Joan Collins was hilarious in her role, too, and was disappointed that her amusing character was killed off so early in the season.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, peridot said:

A lot of f-bombs were dropped this episode.  I think this is the first time I've heard "motherfucker" on FX.

"The People vs. OJ Simpson" ended an episode with Marcia Clark (Sarah Paulson) dryly saying it after finding out OJ hired Jonnie Cochran.

I hope they explain the witches, because two of them died for good at the end of Coven. I might have to rewatch it again in all its campy glory.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

As usual, this season is all over the place and certain things don't make sense, but I am just enjoying the fun, bizarre, confusing ride!  I am also getting a kick out of all of the sound clips from or references to old songs or TV shows (last week's Shaun Cassidy reference hit close to home, as I LOVED him so much in his teen idol/Hardy Boys days).

Me too, which is why I knew immediately that it wasn't Time in a Bottle they played during the HB episode where Cassidy's girlfriend died, it was Bread's "If." I went and looked up the episode on You Tube.  No coincidence, I'm sure, that both songs start with the word If. Minor flub.

This season is losing me. The big twist in episode 5 better be good, because as of right now, the current plot was predicted before the season even started and the cross over elements feel contrived. Plus I hated Coven, and it looks like we'll see much more of that season and one quick episode at Murder House.

• Love 5

Well that was a lot packed into that episode lol. And it killed my Theory that perfect DNA boy was somehow the real bad of the season lol..... So the witches in this reality are good? I'm still kinda lost on that I mean they murder and kill and dont really act like they are on the side of good... And every time the Antichrist talks about his father I'm like it was Tate that was your dad not the devil so unless the Devil was possessing the ghost of Tate when he impregnated his mother the devil aint his dad..Wouldnt the devil just wear the rubber suite himself to get the deed done why would he need a ghost of a teenage boy? But then again how the hell does a ghost get someone pregnant in the first place?(even in Rosemary's baby it was the devil using her husband to impregnate Rosemary by possessing him but the man was alive and not a ghost to possess) the rules of AHS make no sense lol. Is Mallory housing a spirit of one of the other witches? If you knew the Antichrist was going around hunting witches (i thought I killed them) what better way to avoid detection then "housing" the Spirit then in some unsuspecting body. My two guesses are that its Zoe or Misty Day that is "clawing" to get out or Mallory my bet is more on Zoe (hence the surprise bitch bet you thought you saw the last of me line makes more sense more then the throwaway line harking back to scream queens) or she is a supreme. Sarah Paulson did a interview with Fx that I cant find right now where she says she starts the season has the Supreme but hints she doesn't end it the same way and there are promo shots of her in a not so happy position with the Mutants outside. So are the 3 girls holding the spirits of three witches? or are they witches themselves? Id love it if Queenie was in Cocos body lol

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8

Well, nice to see the witches back into the mix. I've missed Cordelia and Madison and even Myrtle to a lesser extent but at least they're back. 

The episode signposted Mallory and Dinah quite obviously as witches, Coco less so but that's amusing though. 

It was interesting seeing everyone getting killed off but I'm assuming that Gallant, Timothy and Emily still factor into the show. Not sure I care to see more of Andre - he's such a drip, character wise.

Loved Michael's scenes with Venable and the gaps for Meade's backstory this episode. The torturer lady being a former nutritionist blogger made me laugh.

They'll have to take care of Brock at some point too, 7/10

• Love 2
10 hours ago, sashayshante said:

okay, but...why have Timothy and Emily at all? Why have Andre?

They really did a piss poor job of explaining the connection between Dinah and Andre.

Great episode, but Emma Roberts ruins this whole season for me. Murphy will kick Cuba Gooding Jr to the curb for his obnoxious drunken behavior at Paleyfest, but not privileged white girl Emma Roberts who beat up and bit Evan Peter?

Very true, it seems like all the black folks bite the dust in AHS, that's why I'm probably not going to watch anymore this season.  I wish Angela Bassett was in this series.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I am not willing to forgive use of the Shittiest Apple of Them All to tempt. Who the fuck likes red delicious apples? They're mealy, bland, and tough skinned - I honestly call them garbage apples. I'd be all, "yeah, I'm gonna wait for a Gala or Fuji, sorry, y'all, but you can have mine."

Completely agreed! They are most aesthetically pleasing though. Gimme a good macintosh any day.

2 hours ago, 1TrackMind said:

Anyone else think Fern could easily play the vampire Lestat? Just me? I'll go home.

Hah, my bff just said that yesterday. You are not alone!

I was not expecting that turn of events last night with everybody dying, witches showing up and reviving their 'sisters'. I'm enjoying this season so far but will enjoy a change of scenery. The underground lair is most oppressive.

Silly Venable, unless you created said robot you can never be too sure of where its loyalty through programming lies...lays? You know what I mean!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

But the robot's personality isn't anything like Constance's, IMHO.

The "Constance" personality was pushed down until Michael got there, is what I believe he was saying. Her "beautiful boy" comment upon blinking and looking at him seemed to indicate she was becoming aware.

And if I seem like I'm hedging, it's because I am. I was multitasking and I mainly watch the show because I think the visuals are amazing, while the writing is kind of insane. :)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 1TrackMind said:

Anyone else think Fern could easily play the vampire Lestat? Just me? I'll go home.

28 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Hah, my bff just said that yesterday. You are not alone!

Same! Someone call Anne Rice and Hulu and get Cody Fern on the job. They are already working on The Vampire Chronicles TV show, starting with The Vampire Lestat book. ?

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, jmonique said:

The "Constance" personality was pushed down until Michael got there, is what I believe he was saying. Her "beautiful boy" comment upon blinking and looking at him seemed to indicate she was becoming aware.

And if I seem like I'm hedging, it's because I am. I was multitasking and I mainly watch the show because I think the visuals are amazing, while the writing is kind of insane. :)

I thought he was referring to a nanny that cared for him as a child. Constance never struck me as nurturing. Not that any of it matters because I think last week is the end of Outpost 3. I don't think they'll revive Gallant and let Peters come back as Tate. It's too confusing to have the actors all be playing different characters at the same time.

Also, Rubber Man? For why?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

So Adina's character and Michael have met and dealt before. Seems like she may have made a deal to forgo witch powers and bow out of whatever issue happened for fame and fortune as an actress. With Mallory seems like he feels he wiped out the witches and Mallory was an unexpected missed one. And she's powerful. She knocked for a loop twice - the second time with him somewhat prepared. Boy was shook and went crying to daddy.

So, I interpreted that as he caused the apocalypse to rid the world of witches, presumably because they are the only ones who can defeat him.  Did I miss something?  Because if that's what he was going for, joke's on him that there actually not one but THREE in this bunker. 

• Love 1

Myrtle! I hadn't hoped to ever see her again (frankly, I figured for this season the Angel of Death would be the most appropriate of Frances Conroy's characters to return—she's got to be clocking serious overtime).

So, Billy Eichner's character just happens to stumble across the horse-drawn carriage that's delivering produce to the secret bunker his girlfriend's been in since the apocalypse and decides to hitch a ride on it why, exactly?

• Love 5

I don't get a Constance vibe from Meade and I really hope I'm right, because Michael said Meade was a replica of the only person that loved him and I just don't think he'd have a great relationship with his grandmother. Once he was old enough to understand her, I suspect he would share his father's disdain for her. In fact I'm betting he killed her at a young age just like he did the babysitter.

If it's actually Halloween then that explains how two deceased witches are walking around, but I'm hoping that Venable was lying and Cordelia resurrected her people because I very much want another Halloween episode set at the murder house.

Still loving Cody Fern has Michael.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

I started watching this series with FREAK SHOW. Do I have to have seen the earlier seasons to understand APOCALYPSE? I ask because at the end of this episode I had no idea who those three witches even were. 

Season 3 might help, season one would give you how micheal came to be and rubberman.  But one nice part about this show is even the connected directly seasons are self contained.  

Has there been a direct link between seasons 2 , 4, , 6, and 7 and the others yet? I know they said it's all one universe, but I haven't noticed any connections.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

I started watching this series with FREAK SHOW. Do I have to have seen the earlier seasons to understand APOCALYPSE? I ask because at the end of this episode I had no idea who those three witches even were. 

Well, you could watch “Coven” to catch up on the witches. I thought it was pretty terrible at the time, but I feel more charitable toward it every year that passes and blesses us with a worse season. 

While I’m being needlessly cranky, if it weren’t for Adina Porter’s powerhouse portrayal of Tara’s mom in “True Blood”, or her angry rant at Angelina Jolie in “Gia”, I’d think she’s the worst actress of all time. I guess she’s going for understated, but it’s waaaaay too understated.

• Love 7

I haven’t watched a Ryan Murphy show since Nip/Tuck. Three episodes in to this season, should I be thinking that 75% of these characters have no point?

Does anyone think the entrance to the shelter looks like a fancy public toilet?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

The series before Freak Show was Coven where the witches come from.  Also of note that Michael (aka Satan) is a minor character on the first installment Murder House and so is the Rubber Suit character. So it might pay to watch Murder House and Coven.    

I know a lot of people think the show gets worse each year but I think it gets better.   Ironically Freak Show was the worse season for me.  I loved Hotel,  Asylum,  Roanoke and Cult.  Also ironically I found Murder House and Coven only ok but still worth watching.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Now that the Coven has arrived, we can really get this party started! After all this build up, I need that crossover we were all promised. Excited to see Cordelia and Myrtle, and even Madison, I guess. And now we have more witches! I think that they might either resurrect more of the survivors (or else, why bother with them?) or they will come back as ghosts. Maybe this has been built on Murder House? Or because its Halloween, they can still hang around? 

Glad I wasn't the only one going "wait, what?" about Andre being Adina Porters son. When was that ever established? I never saw any real interaction between them, let alone being mother and son. That was weird. 

Billy Eichner lives, and is having some kind of Mad Max style adventure! And was pretty pissed about Coco ditching him. And has seen better days. 

Coco can be funny, but I feel like she is kind of a retread of Madison Montgomery, and now that we have her around again, why bother with a second spoiled bitchy girl? That hair is so freaking much, even by this shows standards. But Ryan Murphy loves his snarky assholes, so I guess we get two for the price of one now. 

Poor robot Kathy Bates, she seemed so conflicted! Especially having had memories of a whole human life. I am going to guess she was based on Constance, and Michael programmed her to be his agent so he could eventually pull off his plan here. 

The Mallory and Michael showdown was really cool. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

Coco can be funny, but I feel like she is kind of a retread of Madison Montgomery, and now that we have her around again, why bother with a second spoiled bitchy girl? That hair is so freaking much, even by this shows standards. But Ryan Murphy loves his snarky assholes, so I guess we get two for the price of one now. 

It’s basically Mary Cherry and every Emma Roberts character on this franchise.

I could have done without Emma/Madison and just replaced her with Taissa and Lily.

But, this season is definitely getting back to the early AHS feels...the tension, slow burn/buildup, loving it.

Cody. Needs to stop being so darn sexy and charismatic. I’m not suppose to be so darn attracted to the antichrist haha.

• Love 3

OMG - is Ryan Murphy telling us that Madison and Chanel are one and the same? And that Mallory and Chanel #3 are one and the same? Or is it just a shout-out to Scream Queens? Because I swear when Madison got in Mallory's face and said "Didn't expect to see me again bitch" it seemed way more like the Scream Queen characters. What a cross-over that would be. I'd actually love it. (Billie Lourd wasn't in Coven so I don't know  how Madison would even know her unless Mallory is supposed to be possessed by some other Coven character.)

I don't know - this season seems to be getting mixed reviews but for some odd reason I'm finding it much more intriguing than I have in years, possibly since Asylum. 

This is the second show I watched this week where someone got stabbed in the skull. And The Walking Dead isn't even back on yet. Go figure.

I hope they explain the witches, because two of them died for good at the end of Coven. I might have to rewatch it again in all its campy glory.

The Supreme has the power to resurrect the dead. 

I too thought it was weird they would make such a big deal out of Timothy and Emily just to kill them off so quickly but I'm guessing there's going to be some sort of time re-set since the witches are involved - I think ultimately they want to un-do the apocalypse. Either that or Cordelia will resurrect them as well. They have to mean something. Don't they?

• Love 5

What's truly frustrating is how the actors and others involved give interviews and are like, ''You won't believe this huge twist!!! You'll never see it coming!" and then the 'twist" is something everybody saw coming. Before the season began people suspected the witches would battle it out with Michael and try to turn back time Or that it was a dream of some kind.

Ugh, and the whole "surprise bitch" scene? Christ, I don't know who - out of all of Murphy's muses - is more one note: Paulson, Lea Michele, Billie Lourd or Emma Roberts.

• Love 11