Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E02: Premiere Week: Part 2

• Start Topic

So why is Mackenzie Ziegler a junior star instead of a junior pro? After years of the ALMDC, that's BS! 

I liked today's episode including the opening number better than yesterday.  And very pleased to see the return of the 2nd/eviction episode, reduces the value of the popular vote. Bachelor Nation expectedly made their presence known.

• Love 9

So, I had no idea that only six would dance tonight, but I kind of like it that way. Of course, that means a lot more filler. Plus, everyone had to learn a second dance anyway.

Meh to the DWTS Juniors stuff. I'm not watching it because I don't really care to see kids dance. Sorry, DWTS. I don't have the time to watch, anyway.

Joe and Jenna are safe, of course they are. The Bachelor Nation are crazy when it comes to supporting their alumni. I'm honestly not even surprised, but I wish Joe/Jenna had to dance. If anything, he needs the practice! Not dancing ensures he continues to suck. Yeah, he had to learn a second dance regardless, but having to perform it on TV puts the pressure on him. It pisses me off that he's gonna be staying a LONG time because of the fans, not because he deserves to stay and his fans think he should get another chance, but more because he's a Bachelor guy. He better get better next week, though, or else I'm gonna resent him. 

I am surprised that Alexis is in danger, but I guess her fanbase isn't that big when it comes to this show. 

I chuckled at Len outing Milo's nerves by telling everyone that Milo just ran around during the video segments. 

I'm relieved that Evanna and Keo are safe. Evanna can dance another week! I cackled at Sasha pretend counting on his fingers on who was left to be in danger. Yes, Sasha, call out that fake tension! 

Wow, John and Emma got a surprise safety! I wonder why that happened, since everyone seemed completely shocked. Maybe they're pressed for time? Maybe they could have cut down on some of their filler segments, then. 

Len, Alexis is in danger because of the Bachelor fans, and she might be a casualty to them too. 

And Nikki/Gleb are gone. That's not a huge surprise. Unfortunately for her, she just wasn't good enough and had no weaker people in jeopardy with her to save her another week.

• Love 6

Hi All!  Definitely a better opener dance tonight.

The one thing I hate to see is someone feeling they did so bad and the judges were so insulting, that the star is completely defeated.  That's Joe.  He's not a dancer.  He tried really hard and this is difficult.  He didn't even seem happy to learn he was safe.  Jenna, step away from the camera and help him emotionally get through this.

So out of Nancy, Joe, Tinashe, and DeMarcus, only Nancy will dance tonight.

Out of Alexis, Nikki, John, Bobby, and Juan Pablo, only Alexis, Nikki, and John will dance.

A little surprising. Although I'm guessing they need a certain amount of dances to fill out the show.

Finally, out of Mary Lou, Milo, Danelle, and Evanna, only Danelle and Mary Lou will dance.

Argh! Danelle had me tearing up again!  I hope she's safe tonight!

Disappointed that TPTB's favorite is being featured with an encore...while the "in jeopardy" couples sweat it out. 

I'm a little undecided about this kids DWTS.  Hearing so many stories of the kids having melt-downs, tantrums, leaving rehearsals in tears, I'm a little uncomfortable "contributing" to this by watching. I realize it'll all be sanitized in the editing bay for viewer comfort, but still.  I don't know...  (Yes, I'm aware many of you have already had a lengthy discussion about this on the other thread, but since it was brought up on this show, that's why I'm putting my comment here.)

So now John is safe? They must have had a timing problem- we're already at 9pm.  Interesting they chose John instead of Alexis.  I wonder how Alexis and Alan are doing with votes.

So let's go with the competition dances:

Mary Lou/Sasha:  an awkward start, she's a powerhouse but not naturally graceful, she needs to get those hips moving.  Was that even a cha cha?

Danelle/Artem:  She does very well while in hold.  I think she's still a bit tentative out of hold. A little blip in her steps but her shoulders looked better and more relaxed.  Hmmm same score as last night.

Nikki/Gleb:  too much of her standing straight upright while Gleb dances.  She's another one who needs to get her hips moving.  She's trying to do it all with her arms.  She did look more relaxed tonight.  I think she got a little slice of humble pie last night.  Bruno was correct so I don't get CAI & Len's sour faces.

Alexis/Alan:  some sync issues, her legs seemed to give out on her (or as she said, turned to jello) and I think she missed several steps.  I agree that I'm surprised she's in jeopardy.  I suspect she has an issue with votes.  Disagree with the scores - that was not an 8 performance.

Nancy/Val:  That was a difficult routine!  Much improved from last night, especially closing the gap between them.  But that outfit!  He could dress her better.

Wow! A whole 5 minutes for voting.  Aw Nikki, you tried.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, out of the people who were left, I'm not surprised Nikki went, but if I were choosing, I would've had Joe be the first one out this week. 

I think Joe would've also preferred that.

• Love 5

Joe is petulant.  He wanted the reality TV fame, and seems pissed he actually has to work instead of lying around on a beach.   I think the smile hides an entitled guy who has cruised on his looks for a long time.  Quit you whiner.  Take that odious Kendall with you. 

• Love 14

Joes fans are already missing that he’s got the personality of a rock so why wouldn’t they miss that he really wants to go?

i mentioned yesterday that my guess would be Nikki tonight but as soon as she joked about rough sex I knew she was going, lowest votes or not. Lol 

i have no kids and I’m not fond of them, so no matter how darn cute that little Artie kid and his dimples are, you couldn’t pay me to sit through little kids dancing. And I felt bad for the one singing because she was horrendous. 

Im glad Nancy stayed. 

• Love 13

I could not tell which blonde was dancing at the beginning of the opening with Gleb. Say what you will about Sharna's bright red hair, but at least you know who she is. I even confused Cheryl and Jenna at one point during that number.

What on earth is Val thinking with these costuming choices for Nancy? Both have been awful.

Gleb really overdances his partner.....it was glaring tonight. No surprise she went home. Can we please end the Gleb experiment now? He's not hot or sexy, he just skeeves me out., 

When they said someone would be called safe before the six dances, I thought for sure it would be Danelle, to spare her. But she did good. I hope she lasts a few more weeks. And if she makes it to MMY, I would love to see Artem work her guide dog into the routine.

I have absolutely zero interest in the kids version and frankly, I found most of them really annoying. Except Artie-On-Party-On. He was cool. I'm still not watching.

I wish we could have the results show back every week (without the second dance). I much prefer it to the rushed elimination with 30 seconds left in the show.

Thank you for the extended preview of A Million Little Things. I had planned on watching it, now I can't wait to see it.

Have I mentioned how much I cannot stand Jenna? Between the Bachelor fans and the Val fans who are now splitting votes because she's his woman, I have a feeling we're going to be stuck with him (and her) way longer than we should be. Can I also just say that with all the female dancers that have been on the show over the years, Val and Maks both really settled for the bottom of the barrel LOL.

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 3

I realized, when I watched the clips of last night that they ran in this episode, that I am like 90% behind Tinashe. She gets docked 10% for constantly eye-fucking the camera. Like, she was worse than Jenna and that's sayin' something. She's cute, I like her personality, she can dance... I just need her to stop staring into the camera like she can see into my soul. 

• Love 2

The right person went home this week.  Did Nikki even dance a second dance?  I noticed the choreography was very similar to last night.  It even seemed badly synced to tonight’s music.  Nikki also seemed to give up halfway through.  I’m a little disappointed because she always seemed to be up for the weird stuff on other improv shows.  I really thought her personality would shine through more.  Plus the rough sets/rough sex joke was so cringy.

Since Alexis is already breaking out the lack of self-confidence, I’m predicting her and Alan will be caught in a showmance by TMZ next week.  She is pushing her own narrative hard.

Danelle and Nancy seemed to be strengthened by the second dances.  I’ll be interested to see how much better they are then Evanna and John next week who didn’t get the dance experience tonight.

I’m still not sure about Mary Lou.  She’s grating me.  

• Love 3

Not really interested in the kids version, but did Artem get really get relegated to babysitter (no pun intended) pro there, too? Honey Boo Boo? Really?

TPTB must really hate him.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 9

So I missed last night's episode cause Monday Night Football (Yay Steelers! Congrats on having the same record as the Browns! O/T Sarcasm), so my observations are just based on tonight's show.

• Agree that everyone I saw seemed pretty good, except for that Grocery Store Joe. Who I hate on principal as I do anyone associated with any incarnation of The Bachelor, but who also can't dance.
  • Also, I thought DeMarcus and Lindsey were overscored based solely on tonight's dance.
  • I thought Tinashe was the best. Damn, she was fiery and confident! Liked her a lot!
  • Maybe it's because I watched the '84 Olympics live, but I would've been pissed if Ameriker had voted off Mary Lou Retton. C'mon people, she won us a gold medal vaulting on a broken foot! Throw her an unbroken bone!
  • I thought Nikki was better than she was scored and didn't deserve to go home but obviously she doesn't have the fanbase. I had a huge crush on John Schneider back in the day so he can stay.
  • Kudos to Artem (sigh...he's so dreamy) for taking on the challenge of teaching a blind woman to dance. And MEGA kudos to her for taking on the challenge of even doing this. Wow.
  • The rest I missed or were forgettable, so can't really comment too much else other than jeebus, what a frickin' pimp fest for DWTS Juniors that was. The whole concept of junior partner ballroom dancing skeeves me out a little. And wow, Honey Boo Boo! Didn't even recognize her. I don't know any of the kids other than her, so needless to say I'll be taking a pass on that whole endeavor.
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Sadly, it was still better than last night's dress.

I actually liked that dress in and of itself, though I agree that it didn't quite flatter Nancy well enough. But on somebody else, it could've worked. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

So who in wardrobe is pissed at Nancy?  Even Val seemed to hate his outfit.  She has great legs, why are they hiding them under the fringe?

So Joe wants to quit..ok, but I’m guessing contractually he can’t.  Run Kendall run!!

Oh she’s worse.  I loathe both of them, but she’s an entitled little self important twit.

im an evil person, but I laughed my ass off watching him dance like the tin man .  What a putz.  Now I see why he didn’t get the nod for the Bachelor.  Just a weird, bumbling doofus.  

Minor reality “stars” shouldn’t be Cast, IMO.  Not that I pay this show much attention.  I’m more famous than some of them, almost.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Kelloggirl said:

Maybe it's because I watched the '84 Olympics live, but I would've been pissed if Ameriker had voted off Mary Lou Retton. C'mon people, she won us a gold medal vaulting on a broken foot! Throw her an unbroken bone!

That was Kerri Strug who vaulted on a broken foot in 1996,  not Mary Lou. 

Edited by DietCokeJunkie
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Minor reality “stars” shouldn’t be Cast, IMO.  Not that I pay this show much attention.  I’m more famous than some of them, almost.

HA! Agree. At the rate they're going, I'll be getting the call soon. And I'd totally do it - I do need to lose some weight and get some more Instagram likes.

Just now, DietCokeJunkie said:

That was Kerri Strug who vaulted on a broken foot, not Mary Lou. 

OMG! You're right! Holy crap, I'm making an appointment to get checked for dementia. Tomorrow. If I remember.

• Love 15

Nikki was the right boot but she wanted to be there.  Grocery No wants out so I wish he would have been the first one out.  I really don’t think he will be around for long.  A girl can hope right?  Kendall...don’t even get me started.

Do we get to snark post about the juniors?  I mean they cast HBB and the Palin spawn so they are asking for commentary right?  I’ll wait right here next to this elephant in the room....

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Kelloggirl said:

HA! Agree. At the rate they're going, I'll be getting the call soon. And I'd totally do it - I do need to lose some weight and get some more Instagram likes.

OMG! You're right! Holy crap, I'm making an appointment to get checked for dementia. Tomorrow. If I remember.

Don’t sweat it, Kelloggirl. All those tiny gymnasts look the same, lol. 

• Love 3

Doesn’t Val pick and design his own costumes like they all do?  He just said “yeah take the fringed pant leg of that pant and make it her entire midsection.”  Layers don’t make anyone who is thick waisted look slimmer.  Black matte with tonal sparkle Val....

I do like the new “feel” of the format with the pros saying their own name....more recaps and information....it feels more casual.  Break up the same old same ol so that’s nice.

Mackenzie can’t sing.   She was a good tumbler though.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Kelloggirl said:

The rest I missed or were forgettable, so can't really comment too much else other than jeebus, what a frickin' pimp fest for DWTS Juniors that was. The whole concept of junior partner ballroom dancing skeeves me out a little.

The thing that takes me out of it a little is that at that age the girls are almost always taller than the boys.

3 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Do we get to snark post about the juniors?  I mean they cast HBB and the Palin spawn so they are asking for commentary right?  I’ll wait right here next to this elephant in the room....

I was going to listen to what my mom always told me and not say anything at all. Suffice to say I don't plan to watch.

• Love 1

So, Grocery Joe who if you were solely judging on the dancing and nothing else was legitimately in Master P territory....was no worse than 7th out 13? GTFO with that nonsense. I'm also terrified of Evanna's HP legion of fans now too. I barely remembered she was one of the "stars", she got stuck with Keo and got a 5 from Len and still finished most likely in the top half of the voting? Jeez.

As for the five who did dance tonight, it was pretty much pointless. Even with Alexis missing a few steps here in and there, she was still the "one of these is not like all the others". I thought Nancy was a mess and should've only matched her 18 from last night. She was shaky and unsteady throughout and they botched a transfer right of the bat where Val bopped her in the head. A tiny voice in my head wonders if the difference between giving her a second 18 and 21 might've have really mattered. My guess is not just purely based on Val's fan base (not hers) but it left me wondering a little bit. Was Mary Lou better? I don't really care cause I want her out as soon as possible. Danelle was even slower than last night, which I didn't think was possible. I'm sorry, it would've been sad to see her go out 1st...but honestly of the 5 that were actually in jeopardy, that would've been what I would've been most happy with. I'm sure she'll get a waltz next week (and maybe a paso after that), but everything they do is going to be painfully slow and painfully basic compared with every other dancer with the exception of Grocery Joe.

I still feel really bad for Nikki, I follow her on social media and she legitimately wanted to do well and stay in it for at least a few weeks. I think in another season (like the Diana Nyad season or the Lolo Jones season maybe she would've made it through at least one week). If nothing else maybe TPTB re-evaluates Gleb as a pro. If you throw out his season with Jana, his track record isn't much better than Keo's and he barely has more of a fan base.

I'll watch the premier of the Kids version, but whoo...some of those kids were pulling ridiculous faces. That will get super annoying and fast. More than anything it'll be nice to see the main pros in another role. Especially Hayley....who might finally be in line for a pro (not troupe) spot for the spring season...if we are getting one of those next year.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lambie said:

The "celebrity" famous for her IG bikini pics and selfies is crying because she always lacked self confidence? This is where the world is headed. 

Girl is so thirsty for fame and outside affirmation.  If those tears are real she can’t believe you can sculpt, tan and surgery all you want but feel completely empty and judged.  Hard lessons ahead.  Her mom would be proud of her no matter what she did....

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

If nothing else maybe TPTB re-evaluates Gleb as a pro. If you throw out his season with Jana, his track record isn't much better than Keo's and he barely has more of a fan base.

The male pro cast is so incredibly weak except for, dare I say it, Val. I like Artem but I'm still waiting to see him wow me one of these seasons.

How about we bring back Tony? I'd rather see him than either Gleb or Keo.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

So, Grocery Joe who if you were solely judging on the dancing and nothing else was legitimately in Master P territory....was no worse than 7th out 13? GTFO with that nonsense. I'm also terrified of Evanna's HP legion of fans now too. I barely remembered she was one of the "stars", she got stuck with Keo and got a 5 from Len and still finished most likely in the top half of the voting? Jeez.

I’m not sure why everyone is making a big deal with Evanna receiving a 5 from Len.  John and Nikki also received 5’s from Len.  John also had the same 7/5 split to match Evanna’s scores.  Both Danelle and Nancy received 6/6/6.  It’s pretty common for Carrie Ann and Len to split the difference in the early weeks to keep the middle tier from getting straight 6’s.  I agree that Evanna did take the nastiest comments of the night from Len.

If you consider John was likely #8 since he didn’t have to dance, Evanna was probably just outside at #7.  Grocery Joe probably did have a vote surge that put him in the top 6 but that’ll drop off quickly.

I pegged Alexis as a bottom three last night based on the lack of personality alone.  I’m not sure Grocery Store Joe is hurting her as much as Alexis is hurting her.

• Love 1

See I don't see that at all. To say Alexis is a little reserved, okay fine. But to say she lacks a personality is just ridiculous. She seems incredibly up for the challenge, genuinely excited to be doing the show in honor of her mom and with Alan who she seems to be getting along with swimmingly. Not everyone has to be OTT top like Bobby or Disney-polished like Milo. Just like people lose their minds that WoC on this show unfairly get portrayed as cold, or aloof or cocky/arrogant.....I think just as easily some of the prettier (of course that's subjective) contestants who come from a modeling background such as a Alexis get too quickly labeled vapid or lacking in personality as if their physical beauty is the only thing they have going for them and therefore a lot of the voting population tunes them out before they really get a chance to invest in them. This goes as far back as Josie Maran in one of the first few seasons and isn't completely gender exclusive to female contestants either...

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

See I don't see that at all. To say Alexis is a little reserved, okay fine. But to say she lacks a personality is just ridiculous. She seems incredibly up for the challenge, genuinely excited to be doing the show in honor of her mom and with Alan who she seems to be getting along with swimmingly. Not everyone has to be OTT top like Bobby or Disney-polished like Milo. Just like people lose their minds that WoC on this show unfairly get portrayed as cold, or aloof or cocky/arrogant.....I think just as easily some of the prettier (of course that's subjective) contestants who come from a modeling background such as a Alexis get too quickly labeled vapid or lacking in personality as if their physical beauty is the only thing they have going for them and therefore a lot of the voting population tunes them out before they really get a chance to invest in them. This goes as far back as Josie Maran in one of the first few seasons and isn't completely gender exclusive to female contestants either...

I think her biggest problem is that most people don't see her as a celeb.

• Love 10

My first thought about Nancy and Val's costuming was that since we had dancing grapes, Val decided we needed dancing bananas! Boy were those costumes bright! Do the pros really choose the outfits? Tonight was better than last night but still.......

I have never(and will never)watch a Bachelor show but I guess all of you in the know were correct. For Joe to not even be in the lower tier of dancers tonight was disgusting. He was so like Master P, I could not believe he was safe...hope he fades next week!

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TiredMe said:

Joes fans are already missing that he’s got the personality of a rock so why wouldn’t they miss that he really wants to go?

i mentioned yesterday that my guess would be Nikki tonight but as soon as she joked about rough sex I knew she was going, lowest votes or not. Lol 

i have no kids and I’m not fond of them, so no matter how darn cute that little Artie kid and his dimples are, you couldn’t pay me to sit through little kids dancing. And I felt bad for the one singing because she was horrendous. 

Im glad Nancy stayed. 

I don't know why DWTS is going with a baby version of the show. SYTYCD tried a kiddie show and it tanked. Those dance pro kids were out of sync in the group dance.  I can't see how many of DWTS viewers are gonna be interested in seeing kids dance. Even adults in general. The kiddie show is not even live, it is taped. So there is no TV viewer participation. One of DWTS reasons it has been on for so long, is because viewers get to feel like being part of the show by voting. I will probably watch the first night, but I strongly suspect I won't be  a steady watcher.

• Love 3

Toonces464, ok but that hasn't stopped people from voting for dozens and dozens of non-celeb celebs on DWTS before her....I mean a disabled model no one knew made the finals, a regular guy who saved a terrorist attack made the finals, a little person from a reality show that most people (IMO) were not familiar with made 5th place, an indy racer guy who the vast majority of DWTS fans had never heard of pre-show became a fan favorite and finished runner-up, even a horrible housewives lady managed to last four weeks with Gleb in a competitive season.

That's just from S20 onward.

• Love 4

Too bad John S. was safe; I'd have liked to see him move around in that white suit - nice old Hollywood-style eye candy there.  Nancy's dress was appallingly ugly, and from Val's comment on the color of their outfits, I'm not sure it was his choice.  But otherwise, she looks lovely and has matured nicely.

Mary Lou's face has that rode hard and put away wet look.  Kinda scary.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Toonces464, ok but that hasn't stopped people from voting for dozens and dozens of non-celeb celebs on DWTS before her....I mean a disabled model no one knew made the finals, a regular guy saved a terrorist attack made the finals, a little person from a reality show that most people (IMO) were not familiar with made 5th place, an indy racer guy who the vast majority of DWTS fans had never heard of pre-show became a fan favorite and finished runner-up, even a horrible housewives lady managed to last four weeks with Gleb in a competitive season.

That's just from S20 onward.

I meant more along the lines of what I said yesterday about the show needing to rethink what constitutes a star.....IMO, it's not social media influencers or Bachelor contestants.

• Love 5

Oh results show, how I've missed thee! Two hours of watching the worst or least popular contestants dance again, while the more talented and crowd-pleasing ones just stand up in the balcony and watch. And the whole thing ends with announcing the loser of the bunch. Such a strange affair. Maybe if I had enjoyed the kid-dancing filler even a bit, I wouldn't have noticed.

• Love 5

I don't think Joe was any worse than Nicki or the "blind" girl...especially for non-dancers.

As for Nancy's wardrobe, they're probably dressing her that way in an attempt to hide her stomach. IOW, anything shorter would certainly accentuate her mid-section, so they went longer.

• Love 3

Just saw a bit of tonight and I guess I'll go back and catch up later - but Val looked about as excited to be there as someone at the dentist waiting for a root canal.

Does the one who went home, Nikki, always yell everything she says? She was so assertive and/or aggressive acting, it seemed weird to me.  Gleb looked like he already knew they were going home, standing there at the end. I've never seen a worse hangdog expression.

I liked the blind lady and attentive Artem. I needed to see that because I've never really liked him before. She was nice and "real". Compared to Nikki, what a relief.

The kids thing is going to be awful.  I hated the parts they did last night--can't watch a whole show.  And let's be frank, there are no stars for this age group.  Why would anyone want to watch a show that is represented as DWTS with a bunch of people you don't know--stars and "pros" included.  I really hope it does not do well and they will give up on these different formats.  

• Love 5

Wow the Joe hate is big here. He looked very uncomfortable with Jenna crawling all over him Luke some deranged fan girl. Is she capable of teaching him anything??

as for the junior dancers: really another Palin?!! They just put Bristol on Teen Mom. Will this family EVER go away??? Please go away!

• Love 11

I don’t know what Jenna is capable of as a teacher because we have little to go on. I don’t really count the four week season with Adam because he would have done well and won with anyone and it was four weeks where he barely had to learn ballroom.  I’m also not sure how much Jenna cares now that she knows Joe has unconditional fan support no matter how awful he dances. 

I get the concept of tonight and I know the more popular dancers didn’t dance again, but all it really served to do was give the 6 that danced more experience performing on the dance floor and gave the audience more time to connect to those people while the others were just there.  As long as you got through, I’m not sure it was really to the advantage of anyone not to dance. Plus the celebs put in all this learning and prepping a routine they never performed. Joe could have used all the practice he could get.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Nikki was the right boot but she wanted to be there.  Grocery No wants out so I wish he would have been the first one out.  I really don’t think he will be around for long.  A girl can hope right?  Kendall...don’t even get me started.

Oh honey.  Those Bachelor Nation nuts are voting for Joe Schmo up to 96 times.  He will hang around as long as the awful Tonya did. 

Youre doomed to seeing his blinding white rictus grin and his fake GF cheerleading on the sidelines hoping someone notices her for a minute now.

i have to say, that kid thing looks exploitative.  Honey boo boo is there, so I know it is.  That poor kid.

• Love 5