Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S13.E07: Big Time Dance

Recommended Posts

We get Kitty back next week, we need more Kitty. 

The cut tonight didn't bug me. Lindsey was a blender. After watching the extra clip on CMT, I understood Jasmine's cut; but Lindsey seemed like she'd be cut regardless. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Did VK not watch the episode where FIVE YEAR VETERAN Angela got reamed for being disappointed about not making SG / therefore not performing her best? Can’t believe any rookie candidate would admit that. Say you have a cold or something. Jesus 

 

Oh good and then we cut the super in shape humble blonde girl instead. Yes, how logical 

She was probably like 10 when that happened hahah!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I don't care for lyrical/contemporary at all. I really hate all the flexed heels. To me it's for people who aren't disciplined enough for classical ballet and all I see is Chris Lilley lampooning it as Ja'mie King.

You wouldn't see many flexed heels in lyrical. Give me lyrical over contemporary any day!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It almost seems like every choreographer they've had to date this season is required to notice Victoria and praise her for how amazing she is while completely ignoring that there are other dancers (including Dayton) in the room who are likely MILES ahead of Victoria in terms of technique and ability.  I can see REALLY wanting Show Group because of the additional opportunities it provides, but still . . .

Victoria is an okay dancer, but she should be better at her age for all the training she supposedly has.  Her skills are seriously lacking in certain areas and she needs to start fresh from the very beginning to build those up and overcoming years of average to poor training with a trip through mediocre and indifferent.  

I see not only immaturity, but a complete lack of discipline.  I don't see that Victoria ever learned discipline to any significant degree.  She seems to almost have been encouraged NOT to be disciplined, to be "wild and free", uninhibited in everything she does and says.  While that sort of thing may provide great inspiration and experiences for the emotional side of things, it doesn't do much else for the dancing.

Contemporary may be her "thing", but she often looks just as wild and out of control there as she does everywhere else.  She also needs to shed whatever weight she's gained plus some if she ever wants to be considered DCC slim.

I get that Victoria was disappointed when she didn't make Show Group, but every girl who wanted it and didn't get it was just as disappointed.  It was almost as if Victoria didn't try her hardest because she expected to make it just because of her connections and who she is.  That attitude won't get her far outside the realm of the DCC.

We've been saying that for weeks and nothing's really come of it.  Kelli and Judy have not only handed out weight warnings for girls who have gained, but they've cut many a girl because they've gone soft as well as not taken girls into Training Camp because they're soft.  Liz Reuter comes to mind.  Frankly, if Victoria had been anyone else, she would not have made Training Camp on body alone because she's too soft.  Throw in the butterface and dance issues (among other things) and she would not have even made Finals much less Training Camp but for her connections.

I have watched solos of both of them and no way is Dayton as good of dancer as Victoria.  Dayton isn’t a bad dancer, but Victoria’s extension, footwork and control are significantly better.

Also, I’m sure the vast majority these girls have A LOT of dance training - don’t be fooled by the hype that only VK and Dayton have it cause K&J keep brining it up.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I have watched solos of both of them and no way is Dayton as good of dancer as Victoria.  Dayton isn’t a bad dancer, but Victoria’s extension, footwork and control are significantly better.

Also, I’m sure the vast majority these girls have A LOT of dance training - don’t be fooled by the hype that only VK and Dayton have it cause K&J keep brining it up.

Can you please explain, as a dancer, why Victoria is so obviously dancing out of control and sloppily? Even the weatherman noticed it from day one. She was called into the office about it. I haven’t seen any change or improvement.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I have watched solos of both of them and no way is Dayton as good of dancer as Victoria.  Dayton isn’t a bad dancer, but Victoria’s extension, footwork and control are significantly better.

Also, I’m sure the vast majority these girls have A LOT of dance training - don’t be fooled by the hype that only VK and Dayton have it cause K&J keep brining it up.

I'm not saying that Dayton is better in everything than Victoria, though I do think part of it is that Dayton isn't as "flashy" as Victoria in terms of personality.  We'll have to agree to disagree about extension, footwork, control, and other dance-related things.  I think, in terms of extension and footwork, Victoria is merely okay.  In terms of control, I think she is sorely lacking in that.  I see a lack of SOLID ballet training because she doesn't seem to have a sense of proper placement or where her extremities are.  Her movements don't seem to flow and I don't see any true stops.  In some of her solos, it seems she barely pauses when she's supposed to stop and it seems like she can't stop moving even when the stop/pause is meant to emphasize a point in the dance.  In other words, I see the same over-the-top personality in her dancing that I've seen on the show and that seems, in a way and at least to me, that she lacks discipline, awareness, and training.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Can you please explain, as a dancer, why Victoria is so obviously dancing out of control and sloppily? Even the weatherman noticed it from day one. She was called into the office about it. I haven’t seen any change or improvement.

That were very short snippets picked out to support what the weatherman said...as was the whole falling out of her turn thing.   It’s partially that she’s getting a bad edit, and it could be that the power pom style is newer to her (that style really isn’t taught w/ traditional dance training and she is only 18), but her dance technique is good...like when she dances you can tell she’s had training.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Can you please explain, as a dancer, why Victoria is so obviously dancing out of control and sloppily? Even the weatherman noticed it from day one. She was called into the office about it. I haven’t seen any change or improvement.

Maybe she is overdancing? Sometimes you, as a dancer, feel you have to get bigger and more extra with your moves to show off, earn attention/key spot on stage. If you get complimented on it all of your life and no one stops you, it’s tough to break. The clunkiness is just not keeping the feet and lines in mind. Every move should be finished, clean. I think she needs to have some technique training that isn’t in the network of her mama and everyone she has grown up around to get better. I like her power, she needs to clean it up, though for sure. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

That were very short snippets picked out to support what the weatherman said...as was the whole falling out of her turn thing.   It’s partially that she’s getting a bad edit, and it could be that the power pom style is newer to her (that style really isn’t taught w/ traditional dance training and she is only 18), but her dance technique is good...like when she dances you can tell she’s had training.

SHes been training her whole life because she wanted to be nothing but a dcc and she never trained power Pom??!!? I doubt it. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm not saying that Dayton is better in everything than Victoria, though I do think part of it is that Dayton isn't as "flashy" as Victoria in terms of personality.  We'll have to agree to disagree about extension, footwork, control, and other dance-related things.  I think, in terms of extension and footwork, Victoria is merely okay.  In terms of control, I think she is sorely lacking in that.  I see a lack of SOLID ballet training because she doesn't seem to have a sense of proper placement or where her extremities are.  Her movements don't seem to flow and I don't see any true stops.  In some of her solos, it seems she barely pauses when she's supposed to stop and it seems like she can't stop moving even when the stop/pause is meant to emphasize a point in the dance.  In other words, I see the same over-the-top personality in her dancing that I've seen on the show and that seems, in a way and at least to me, that she lacks discipline, awareness, and training.

Yeah, you can’t be loud an obnoxious in a ballet class. You’ll get checked. I think she needs training outside of where DCC touches or people who grew up with her for a real objective critique and cleaning of her technique. I agree-she needs to go back to ballet basics, clean it up. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

This is VK:

 

This is Dayton:

 

Extension, positioning, control and footwork - VK is better.  Not saying Dayton is bad, she’s pretty good too, but VK is better at basic dancing - her extension is exceptional and her feet are very good.

3 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

SHes been training her whole life because she wanted to be nothing but a dcc and she never trained power Pom??!!? I doubt it. 

There is really not such a thing as power pom classes in most studios/areas - around me they just don’t exist.  Hip hop is probably the closest you could get.  

There may be a lot more options local to Dallas, but if VK was in a strong competitive dance studio she probably didn’t have much extra time to go elsewhere. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

 

We've been saying that for weeks and nothing's really come of it.  Kelli and Judy have not only handed out weight warnings for girls who have gained, but they've cut many a girl because they've gone soft as well as not taken girls into Training Camp because they're soft.  Liz Reuter comes to mind.  Frankly, if Victoria had been anyone else, she would not have made Training Camp on body alone because she's too soft.  Throw in the butterface and dance issues (among other things) and she would not have even made Finals much less Training Camp but for her connections.

Yep to all this.  

Vic has some BALLZ I'll say that much!  She really wanted show group you guys! And to be group leader and point too.   And a pony Aunti Kelli you promised me a pony if I danced pretty!

Whats with Victoria dancing while wearing her big Apple Watch.   That looked strange.   

Lindsay looked PISSED off.   They could have cut a few other strugglers before her.   I wonder if she'll try out again.   I love the sinister sound effect they play for the "oh shit" moments-- "Lindsay doesn't change her expression" [insert harrowing sound effect here].  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

She was probably like 10 when that happened hahah!

So? Victoria is a girl who has been raised around the DCC to ultimately become a DCC in an environment that breeds an unhealthy obsession. She may have been 10 when it aired, but you can't tell me she hasn't seen every single episode of the show? I guarantee she has. 

The entire SG conversation is just another reminder that VK is way, way, way too comfortable with Kelli. She can't even be respectful/serious enough to say 'yes ma'am'. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

This is VK:

 

 

This is Dayton:

 

 

Extension, positioning, control and footwork - VK is better.  Not saying Dayton is bad, she’s pretty good too, but VK is better at basic dancing - her extension is exceptional and her feet are very good.

There is really not such a thing as power pom classes in most studios/areas - around me they just don’t exist.  Hip hop is probably the closest you could get.  

There may be a lot more options local to Dallas, but if VK was in a strong competitive dance studio she probably didn’t have much extra time to go elsewhere. 

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen instagrams of  girls taking and teaching power Pom. I think miss Kitty does as well or her studio does. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

So? Victoria is a girl who has been raised around the DCC to ultimately become a DCC in an environment that breeds an unhealthy obsession. She may have been 10 when it aired, but you can't tell me she hasn't seen every single episode of the show? I guarantee she has. 

The entire SG conversation is just another reminder that VK is way, way, way too comfortable with Kelli. She can't even be respectful/serious enough to say 'yes ma'am'. 

No way. Why would you watch the show when it’s happening “right there”? I mean, she doesn’t actually see what is going on, but she hears enough. No way id watch the show when my moms on the REAL inside. What’s the point!?  Plus, she was a child. I mean, I still think she’s BANANAS for saying that at all, and any other girl would have been cut right there, but I’m not going to blame her for not spending her time watching back episodes of a heavily edited show. 

 

Now anyone else, yeah, you better be watching this show and gleaning as much info as you possibly can!!!!!

Edited by Collette1104

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

This is VK:

 

This is Dayton:

 

Extension, positioning, control and footwork - VK is better.  Not saying Dayton is bad, she’s pretty good too, but VK is better at basic dancing - her extension is exceptional and her feet are very good.

There is really not such a thing as power pom classes in most studios/areas - around me they just don’t exist.  Hip hop is probably the closest you could get.  

There may be a lot more options local to Dallas, but if VK was in a strong competitive dance studio she probably didn’t have much extra time to go elsewhere. 

VK has been taking every prep class for the past 2 years on top of Junior DCC. She has definitely had experience with power pom before TC. 

That said, the VK in that solo is not that amazing. She's too fluid and never stops, her control and footwork is okay but not show stopping amazing. I'd say the same about Dayton.

Where Dayton shines, imo, is in control. Of what we've seen of VK, she has almost no control in TC, she comes across as heavy and clunky. Dayton doesn't.  

1 minute ago, Collette1104 said:

No way. Why would you watch the show when it’s happening “right there”? I mean, she doesn’t actually see what is going on, but she hears enough. No way id watch the show when my moms on the REAL inside. What’s the point!?  Plus, she was a child. I mean, I still think she’s BANANAS for saying that at all, and any other girl would have been cut right there, but I’m not going to blame her for not spending her time watching FB back episodes of a heavily edited show. 

 

Now anyone else, yeah, you better be watching this show and gleaning as much info as you possibly can!!!!!

Even so, I guarantee she's watched it. Maybe not in real time, but she probably binged it once she got old enough. Her entire life is DCC---the show is just more DCC. Victoria is literally nothing without the DCC at this point, kinda like Cassie, and it's sad. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rose711 said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen instagrams of  girls taking and teaching power Pom. I think miss Kitty does as well or her studio does. 

I’m not sure where any of these girls danced, but most of the better competitive studios around me have the older girls in there dancing and rehearsing many hours and nights a week - and on top of high school classes, etc. taking an extra class at another studio to work on a style your studio doesn’t even compete could be very difficult.   She may just not have had time until now.   I don’t know where she danced though and how the studio was...

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Extension, positioning, control and footwork - VK is better.  Not saying Dayton is bad, she’s pretty good too, but VK is better at basic dancing - her extension is exceptional and her feet are very good.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree.  I don't think VK is any better than Dayton in terms of extension or placement of feet, but I do think that Dayton is MUCH better at control and placement than Victoria.  Victoria seems to be over-the-top and out of control at times and doesn't even seem to stop during the points where it looks like she's supposed to whereas Dayton DOES.

Anyone here follow Shelby Williams a.k.a Biscuit Ballerina?  She's a dancer (obviously ballet), but pokes fun at the perfectionism with humor and grace.  She admits to struggling with it and having high anxiety when she wasn't perfect during her dancing.  Then she got comfortable with the imperfections and started laughing at herself when she got too wound up about them.  Now her Instagram is all about laughing at the mistakes when you're not perfect while STILL trying to attain the best.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I’m not sure where any of these girls danced, but most of the better competitive studios around me have the older girls in there dancing and rehearsing many hours and nights a week - and on top of high school classes, etc. taking an extra class at another studio to work on a style your studio doesn’t even compete could be very difficult.   She may just not have had time until now.   I don’t know where she danced though and how the studio was...

VK danced at Top Hat Dance Centre http://www.tophatdance.com/home.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DCCme said:

Seriously?  Denise doesn’t notice VK and that’s why they called her in? Seriously? What the actual...wait she wanted show group...I just can’t even...

I thought that whole scene was strange.  I don’t follow these girls outside of the show, but is it possible that Denise knows Victoria?  It felt like what was not being said was that Denise has seen her dance lots of times and knew that she was better than what she showed that night.  Otherwise, I can’t imagine why they would have Denise sit in on a conversation about a girl she didn’t know. I’m sure that there are several other girls there that Denise didn’t notice, either. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Omg Victoria, pick your damn HEAD off of Kelli's desk!

How does this girl not have a single ounce of professionalism in her? 

 

Kind of random how they showed in captions what Vet Maddie was saying to Lindsey as she was hugging her after her cut. It was like, "hug them and let's get out of here". Seems odd CMT decided to show that. Wonder if Maddie (among others) were annoyed (rightfully so) that VK made it through but Lindsey was cut. 

 

Erin and Hannah. Nice girls but I really do not find either attractive 

 

The former DCC in the "where are they now" segment.... such a random person to pick. ... until I realized it was a total plug for Yuko

2 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I loved that the cameras didn’t move from the routine as much as they usually do. I liked seeing the routine like that and with the music, it was beautiful. They really are great pro dancers!

Yes!! CMT did a great job tonight showing the girls dance. I actually had time to look at everyone instead if having to constantly hit rewind because they only show a few seconds 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Omg Victoria, pick your damn HEAD off of Kelli's desk!

How does this girl not have a single ounce of professionalism in her? 

 

Kind of random how they showed in captions what Vet Maddie was saying to Lindsey as she was hugging her after her cut. It was like, "hug them and let's get out of here". Seems odd CMT decided to show that. Wonder if Maddie (among others) were annoyed (rightfully so) that VK made it through but Lindsey was cut. 

 

Erin and Hannah. Nice girls but I really do not find either attractive 

 

The former DCC in the "where are they now" segment.... such a random person to pick. ... until I realized it was a total plug for Yuko

Yeah - the Yuko plug really made me roll my eyes.   Not impressed w/ Yuko at all and never have been - she’s been shoved down our throats since day one and it’s still going on. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Dayton doesn't. 

Dayton is very stiff - if you watch her solo (to get to tc) she does a shimmy - and it is so stiff.

She also "preps" so much going into a turn - solid technique should make a simple turn effortless.

On the whole tonight - the dark tights EWWWWWW and WHY if these girls are so "world class," most cannot do a simple turning jete?!

VK is better trained - but she is noodly and that makes good dancers look bad

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Yellow Rose said:

Does Melissa Rycroft have any other position with the cheerleaders other than the appearances she makes on the show?

She’s been doing publicity for the show but that’s it

Share this post


Link to post

SG announcements - Kelli and Judy both look great!  Loved Kelli’s hair in her talking head pieces. Love Bridget’s enthusiasm. This is going to be a good show group.

SG Judges - I want Kitty.  I want Nick.  I want Scott.  Who is Stephen? I want one of those pink tumblers.

SG tryouts - good grief, why do so many look heavy tonight?  Damn Gina can dance. Oh Malena - it’s a no on that jump split alone.  So much falling.  Loving Jalyn...and her hair.  Jessica, sorry Jessika, is just a no for me.  Had no idea Hannah had auditioned so often. I want to unflatten the top of Cianna’s hair.  Kristen - wow I had no idea she could really dance.  Savvy - fairy princess masquerades as DCC. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

- Lindsey needs a a side a part. She doesn’t have a lot of forehead and the center part accentuates that. She sure is pretty though.

- I think Hannah is pretty but she needs darker lipstick. I think it would brighten up her entire face.

- Kelli should have been a part of show group. Was she chosen? Christ, she’s a great dancer.

- LOTS OF DANCE TONIGHT! FINALLY!

- I was very impressed with the choreographers. Kelli is so smart to bring them in.

- Yoshiko! How adorable is she? Always was. Always will be.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

- Lindsey needs a a side a part. She doesn’t have a lot of forehead and the center part accentuates that. She sure is pretty though.

- I think Hannah is pretty but she needs darker lipstick. I think it would brighten up her entire face.

- Kelli should have been a part of show group. Was she chosen? Christ, she’s a great dancer.

- LOTS OF DANCE TONIGHT! FINALLY!

- I was very impressed with the choreographers. Kelli is so smart to bring them in.

- Yoshiko! How adorable is she? Always was. Always will be.

Yes Kelli did make show group We don’t see every girl girl announced on the show 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

Can you please explain, as a dancer, why Victoria is so obviously dancing out of control and sloppily? Even the weatherman noticed it from day one. She was called into the office about it. I haven’t seen any change or improvement.

She can’t stay in her space. That’s what I notice most. I guess she’s tall with long legs so if you know you need more room, then go somewhere where you can spread out. I feel like she is always going in whoever is next to her’s space. I guess she always wants to be up front but there seems to be less room in front.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

@PBSLover Kelli has been on show group since her rookie year. They just don’t show everyone getting called for some stupid reason. Show group members this year are:

Lacey, Kashara, Amy, Heather, Khalyn, Tess, Kelli, Madeline (vet), Tasha, Lauren, Gina, Lexie, Hannah, Daphne, Jalyn, Amber, Bridget.

Thanks.

Even when the choreographer (Travis-?) called out a bunch of girls who he felt really got the dance, he didn’t call Kelli. I just think she gets overlooked and she’s really amazing. Like crazy amazing.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Victoria... what a little girl in a room full of women. If that weren't already obvious, this episode made it clearer than ever. I was shocked when she said she was hoping for show group straight to Kelli's face.

I'm so happy for Tess!

I thought Nick Flores was supposed to be in this episode? Did I hear something wrong? 

VK's weight was glaringly obvious tonight. So was Tara's. 

I too thought it was weird that vet Maddie seemed to be rushing Lindsay out after her cut. Any thoughts on why? 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Yay for getting so much dancing in one episode! I always love show group auditions for that reason alone.

I like when they bring in outside choreographers because we finally get to see some routines that aren't all booty pops and hair flinging. I also love that it means we get to hear some outside perspectives on the TCCs from people who usually know nothing about the girls.

5 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Hannah looks like she could be a bad ass mean girl. But her personality seems really sweet and nice. Ha weird. I like her.

I think that at certain angles, her features can appear a little sharp which can give her that mean girl look. But she is just a great dancer and performer so I am rooting for her to make the team.

5 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Did VK not watch the episode where FIVE YEAR VETERAN Angela got reamed for being disappointed about not making SG / therefore not performing her best? Can’t believe any rookie candidate would admit that. Say you have a cold or something. Jesus

 

I KNOW. When she said that, I was like OH NO YOU DIDN'T! Giiiiiiiiiiirl, hush. That was just not a very smart thing to say out loud in front of your potential boss (and on camera0. It was also obnoxious because it means she clearly thinks that she's one of the 17 best dancers in training camp. It's fine to be confident, but you also need to be humble.

5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

II get that Victoria was disappointed when she didn't make Show Group, but every girl who wanted it and didn't get it was just as disappointed.  It was almost as if Victoria didn't try her hardest because she expected to make it just because of her connections and who she is.  That attitude won't get her far outside the realm of the DCC.

I think that really showed her lack of maturity and professionalism. When your job is performing, you have to be able to leave all your personal shit at the door because no one in the audience cares if you had a bad day or you're in a grumpy mood or whatever. They want to be entertained. The very definition of being a professional performer means that when you step on the stage (or the field), no one would ever guess that you are thinking about anything but performing your best. It's okay to be disappointed, but you can't let that affect your performance. There are 44 people left in training camp. Only 17 people made show group. That means there were 26 other people who were disappointed but they managed to keep it together during rehearsal and not let it affect them when they performed Denise's dance.

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

She can’t stay in her space. That’s what I notice most. I guess she’s tall with long legs so if you know you need more room, then go somewhere where you can spread out. I feel like she is always going in whoever is next to her’s space. I guess she always wants to be up front but there seems to be less room in front.

This is a HUGE problem when you're in any kind of dance group, but especially for a group like the DCC where you have to hit the lines on the field. You need to have good spatial awareness and stay the correct distance from the other people around you (even when you aren't in a set formation or you're just practicing in the studio). As Johnny Castle said, "This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours. You don't go into mine." You have to imagine that you're inside a bubble and that you can't get close enough to the person next to you for your bubbles to touch aka invade someone's dance space and potentially cause a collision or an injury. When you don't stay in your own space, it's rude, selfish, and inconsiderate. For non-dancers, imagine you're in a zumba class and the person next to you keeps taking super wide steps during grapevines and crossing in front of you. RUDE.

1 hour ago, FutureDCC said:

I thought Nick Flores was supposed to be in this episode? Did I hear something wrong? 

He's going to be the guest choreographer next week.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, doglover0814 said:

Victoria is looking quite overweight for DCC standards

I like Victoria and how she dances. She looked good at auditions.  WTH was she eating?! All that dancing and heat, I would think all the girls would lose weight.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t think it was possible for me to hate VK more, but here we are. She’s been allowed to act however she pleases in all aspects of her life, and it shows. No discipline. No respect. No professionalism. NONE. Hell, even K&J are scared to say anything to her and had to bring Denise in to be the bad guy. I was literally cringing during that whole office visit.

The minute VK makes this team is the minute I’m done with DCC forever. I can’t handle her.

Oh, and I HATED that contemporary choreo. Just no.

Overall, a pretty basic and boring episode. Nothing wowed me.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Just my opinion, but watching the Victoria and Dayton's solos there was no comparison. Dayton exuded musicality and showmanship. Her routine was varied and difficult and well executed. Victoria's routine was boring and repetitive, which could very well be the choreographer's fault, but the worst part was that there was no connection with the music at all. You could change the song and it would make no difference. It was just step, step, step, extension, repeat. The very end was terrific, however. I wish the whole thing had been that interesting.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Just a few notes I made from watching tonight's episode. I enjoyed the SG auditions, in particular those shown in slow motion.  Hannah was amazing and having suffered from generalized anxiety, I appreciate  what it takes to put yourself out there for criticism.  Definite weight gain on VK and Tara.  An overall great group of dancers in TC this year.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

How is Hannah just now getting to TC? I guess she's another Kelli. 

IMO her face somehow reads severe at times, but great dancer definitely a favorite.  I suspect she has gotten better at her makeup.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

No discipline. No respect. No professionalism. NONE. Hell, even K&J are scared to say anything to her and had to bring Denise in to be the bad guy. I was literally cringing during that whole office visit

If someone else was acting all goofy like that and expecting to make showgroup as a rookie Kelli would be ripping them a new one.  Wasn't there a cheerleader where Kelli was annoyed because they talked like "when I make the team" instead of "should I be able to attend the next practice"??  II hope she got actual edits from Denise that they did not show... because otherwise I don't think she has any awareness of where she is not making the grade.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

I too thought it was weird that vet Maddie seemed to be rushing Lindsay out after her cut. Any thoughts on why? 

I think she was being protective... like we will have a group hug and then go downstairs so you can ugly cry and we can have our moment off camera.  That is my guess.... but they have never shown us that before.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Did VK not watch the episode where FIVE YEAR VETERAN Angela got reamed for being disappointed about not making SG / therefore not performing her best? 

Your example is better than mine.  Yes, they were mad at Angela for not smiling and being outstanding at that practice because she was disappointed.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, rose711 said:

I’m excited to see Nick. I think he’s a great addition.

I guess the show description, like Christina’s kick technique, was wrong.

Whoever writes the show description, you’re just going to have to take your learning capability up a notch. When we call out mistakes, fix them. When we have to repeat ourselves, we go backwards and we don’t have time for that.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, DCCme said:

Seriously?  Denise doesn’t notice VK and that’s why they called her in? Seriously? What the actual...wait she wanted show group...I just can’t even...

Do you think that was a toned down version of her criticism for show purposes and not upsetting Victoria’s purposes? Not an actual reflection of her critique?

2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

If someone else was acting all goofy like that and expecting to make showgroup as a rookie Kelli would be ripping them a new one.  Wasn't there a cheerleader where Kelli was annoyed because they talked like "when I make the team" instead of "should I be able to attend the next practice"??  II hope she got actual edits from Denise that they did not show... because otherwise I don't think she has any awareness of where she is not making the grade.

I think you mean the girl from Kansas City who was dancing with stiff shoulders the entire TC. She was a former pro bowl cheerleader for the Chiefs. She said something like “we have a few more days.” Kelli said “ you’re being presumptuous if you think you have a few more days.” Then gave her a look. 

In fairness, that girl had the same critique every day during training camp and didn’t improve. She also waddled down the field in a very odd manner during the entrance.

Edited by rose711
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Whats with Victoria dancing while wearing her big Apple Watch.   That looked strange.   

Christina wears one too. I think they're so unattractive.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Whats with Victoria dancing while wearing her big Apple Watch.   That looked strange.   

I first noticed it a few weeks ago and I thought it was odd that the girls were allowed to wear something so big and bulky during rehearsal (especially since they're so strict about the girls' appearance at rehearsal) but I thought they probably let them use it for the heart rate monitor so that Kelli/Judy/the DCC organization can claim they're encouraging the girls to monitor their cardio fitness.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Lots of dancing, finally!!!

I have tried to ignore VK but this episode she physically is not up to DCC standards. Smaller girls in past seasons have been cut for "appearance." 

Dayton had some Moxy in the SG try out. She looked happy. 

I like Denise. She seems like a great teacher. 

This rookie class has some great dancers. I think Daphne is my fav so far.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×