Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Big Time Dance

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Why didn't they have Kitty at SG auditions? My guess is she would've ripped Victoria a new one- she doesn't hold back. And Kelli wasn't about to let that happen to the daughter of her bestest ever bestie of all the best friends. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week when Ms. Kitty comes to call at rehearsal. They probably won't show any Victoria footage at all.

Nah. During the solo prep during auditions Kitty did nothing but gush over VK. She is also blind to her. 

13 hours ago, Stee said:

She’s too busy focusing on how GREAT Viktoria is!  Maybe if she just danced her way into Gabbis area they’d see how good she is too.  

Nah. Then Gabbi would be getting in VK's way of course. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Yeah, I don't think Kelli, Charlotte, or especially Judy thought Cassie was undeserving of anything. Judy thought keeping her off Show Group her rookie year was proof of no favoritism but seriously. She could harmonize and she could tumble! All the board posts did was fuel Judy to say Cassie deserved everything and make Judy mad. 

Side note = Sunni made show group that year bc Sarah Gourley retired and they needed somebody to sing the anthem with Cassie and Brittany. Nothing against Sunni btw. 

Back to this season and Judy being so quiet. Y'all know I called it out two episodes ago, that Judy is keeping quiet bc she can't win on this one. Praise VK and she's showing favoritism. Tell the truth that she needs cut and she rocks the boat with Charlotte, Kelli and Tina. No matter what the dead horse that beats Cassie comes up again. So all Judy can really do is keep her mouth shut and try not to have a stroke.

Sarah Gourley did not retire until after Season 4. There have been girls who were not in Show Group who sang the anthem aka Jasmine and I think Jordan from Season 7.

11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone know if Victoria has any experience dancing as part of an ensemble? When she competed, did she ever do duets, trios, anything that required her to learn how to perform as part of a group? I really really think it would have been invaluable for her to be on a college pom squad for a season or two. Even just auditioning for a college squad where she has no connections would've been a beneficial exercise.

No idea on her ensemble experience, but I have been thinking this too. I did pom a million years ago, and while you do not want anyone to "blend" (I almost feel gross using that word LOL) you also cannot have showboats who are in their own world/style. If your primary experience is dance competition and solos, you may have proper technical skills for a team, but you also need a sense of space and what the others around you are doing to look like part of the group and not a soloist with a team around them.  Being a bit of a showboat and managing performance space for a solo is a strength in the competition world, but that does not convert exactly the same way to a group situation.

That could be  for sure be trained with some time with a college or smaller performance dance/drill team.

• Love 2

Someone mentioned that Dayton is humble. Thank you, I was trying to piece my thoughts together. 

Dayton is beautiful, she looks like a Native American princess, and seems like she has a kind and gentle personality. And while she's not my favorite dancer (she seems soft and stiff at times) and she's not top 36 IMO, she's miles above VK in my book because she knows she's flawed, she knows she has a lot to learn and that she's not a shoe-in for this team. The same can't be said of VK. She seems like a bubbly girl but there's no humility, professionalism, or willingness to learn. How the heck is VK ever going to progress as a dancer if she's already SG quality in her own mind? It's nonsensical, embarrassing, disrespectful to the the fans and the DCC legacy. 

It's almost embarrassing to compare her to Cassie. Cassie wasn't friendly, will never be one of my favorite personalities, has a long face, and probably felt entitled but she wasn't shoved down our throats as much as this VK chick has been over the course of 6 episodes. And at least Cassie could dance, tumble, and control her weight. We've got vets on this season who aren't even doing that. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Someone mentioned that Dayton is humble. Thank you, I was trying to piece my thoughts together. 

Dayton is beautiful, she looks like a Native American princess, and seems like she has a kind and gentle personality. And while she's not my favorite dancer (she seems soft and stiff at times) and she's not top 36 IMO, she's miles above VK in my book because she knows she's flawed, she knows she has a lot to learn and that she's not a shoe-in for this team. The same can't be said of VK. She seems like a bubbly girl but there's no humility, professionalism, or willingness to learn. How the heck is VK ever going to progress as a dancer if she's already SG quality in her own mind? It's nonsensical, embarrassing, disrespectful to the the fans and the DCC legacy. 

It's almost embarrassing to compare her to Cassie. Cassie wasn't friendly, will never be one of my favorite personalities, has a long face, and probably felt entitled but she wasn't shoved down our throats as much as this VK chick has been over the course of 6 episodes. And at least Cassie could dance, tumble, and control her weight. We've got vets on this season who aren't even doing that. 

I don’t understand what CMT is doing using her in every segment for every episode. It’s not like she has a strong social media following that tunes in just for her. At this point, if she makes the team it’s not fair to all the girls who were better but got overlooked and cut because of her. If she gets cut then they just wasted an entire season on a girl nobody is really invested in. Even if Kelli and the others want to show nepotism, CMT could have cut back on all the talking head and special segments. If she doesn’t make the team CMT could have had a nice story about a legacy candidate who didn’t make it. Featuring her in this way makes the audience lose respect for the entire DCC organization. 

• Love 11

I always tell my trainees, if no one tells me what I need to improve on I'll never get better. I ask for and take feedback from leadership and trainees because why would I not want to improve? And no, I do not think I'm already perfect and need no improvement. 

• Love 1
On 9/14/2018 at 11:05 AM, bigskygirl said:

Sorry Melissa the Mentor you did not ask the one woman to come in and help the girls with learning exercises to prevent injuries. We do not need to learn the history of injuries because it has nothing to do with the girls making the team. I wish CMT would do some better scenes with her and better editing of her scenes. I have the feeling they are trying to prove to the fans and viewers that Melissa deserves to be the mentor. I guess the survey from two years ago where the fans and viewers were asking for less Melissa the Mentor scenes answered their questions.

Victoria not happy she did not make SG. Boohoo!!! I noticed the girls did not go up and hug when she came out. They were probably secretly wishing she was cut.

I applaud Hannah for saying she has depression and anxiety. It takes a lot to admit you have a mental illness because of the way the general public treats people who have a mental illness. Good for her.

?SHOOKETH-I did not notice the lack of hugs and I am totally rewatching this episode now. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Oh Travis...I thought I'd rid you from my life when I stopped watching SYTYCD to avoid you.  I'm so glad you could grace us with your endless writhing on the floor, clutching your stomach like you drank the water from a third world country on vacation and my favorite, grabbing your head and staring at the sky like you were seeing a house from Kansas about to drop on your fauxhawk head.  I'm glad you feel you can instantly cut 8 girls in a style you make fun of while you teach your advance classes in floor writhing.

We all know. Your form of dance is REAL. It's MEANINGFUL. It's WRITHE-y. I know you are still butt hurt over losing a popular contest to Benji a decade ago.  Because, you know, he doesn't WRITHE at all.

So please, go back to your dance world. Let Kelli and Judy do their thing. 

Disclaimer: I used to like lyrical and contemporary until Travis taught me they are all doing the same five moves.

Floor writhing is my least favorite part of contemporary dance- aside from that "beseeching the heavens" move they do.  I kept hearing Judy's voice from auditions a few seasons back ("...and they roll on the floor... And they roll on the floor... Oh, there goes another one...").

• Love 18

Can we talk about Judy's hair?  During rehearsals with the guest choreographer, her hair was wavy.  NOT good.  Sorry, but I think her long bleached blonde hair is played out.  Maybe an inch shorter with layers around her face would work??  I think it needs to stay blonde, which is helping to keep Judy youthful looking, because honestly she is not a pretty woman like Kelly whose face could carry off a darker shade. 

I don't know..... Judy's hair just seems so 70's/early 80's.   

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pasha Kitty said:

Can we talk about Judy's hair?  During rehearsals with the guest choreographer, her hair was wavy.  NOT good.  Sorry, but I think her long bleached blonde hair is played out.  Maybe an inch shorter with layers around her face would work??  I think it needs to stay blonde, which is helping to keep Judy youthful looking, because honestly she is not a pretty woman like Kelly whose face could carry off a darker shade. 

I personally think Judy is quite a beautiful woman, just a different kind of beautiful to Kelli. Kelli has larger eyes and slightly  more classic features, and Judy can look 'mean' when her face is relaxed but that's just a nature of her face, the outer edges of her mouth are more downturned which if her face is relaxed means she doesn't look happy (I suffer the same problem and people always think I'm angry when I''m really wondering to myself if I rmembered to turn the crock pot on before I left int he morning) and she tends to frown and/or squint a lot which makes me wonder if she needs glasses she won't wear or the prescription needs to be changed. I find her hair a shade or two too light for my personal prefence, but it's not too bad, though I thinkt he more natural golden blonde of her own DCC days was far more flattering to her features and skintone.  What does, imo, age her somewhat and far more than the hair colour and style, is the very harsh kohl around the eyes.  eyeliner top and bottom and waterline will make eyes appear much smaller and Judy's eyes are smaller to start with and the harshness of the black is harder for her colouring to carry off than Kelli's who has a warmer skin tone and larger eyes and so for me it's quite aging and very dated as a look. it's a night time look worn all day and I find it OTT but then they live in an OTT world.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I personally think Judy is quite a beautiful woman, just a different kind of beautiful to Kelli. Kelli has larger eyes and slightly  more classic features, and Judy can look 'mean' when her face is relaxed but that's just a nature of her face, the outer edges of her mouth are more downturned which if her face is relaxed means she doesn't look happy (I suffer the same problem and people always think I'm angry when I''m really wondering to myself if I rmembered to turn the crock pot on before I left int he morning) 

RBF (Resting Bitch Face) and now we know where Cassie gets it:)  I have it as well, and yes, if I was wondering what I was supposed to do next, my fellow employees thought I was mad or upset.  Of course, when a man does it, he's in deep thought:/

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

RBF (Resting Bitch Face) and now we know where Cassie gets it:)  I have it as well, and yes, if I was wondering what I was supposed to do next, my fellow employees thought I was mad or upset.  Of course, when a man does it, he's in deep thought:/

I avoided using the term RBF as I really dislike it - its hugely overused and generally is just used to describe a woman who happens to not be smiling, suggesting a woman should always be smiling lest they be a 'bitch'. I've never heard of a man with similar features and similar expression referred to as a bitch or having RBF despite the qualities that make up RBF having no gender differences. so I was very careful not to use the term

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 7

my take:

VK is embarrassing herself. But I never had the guts at 18 to do anything near what these girls are doing and I sure didn't have the maturity. I could see myself acting kind of silly and cutesy like she does just because I would be so uncomfortable in front of a camera. I think that's just her natural, giddy self. She would probably be the kind of friend that would be really fun at the fair or when you need cheering up after a break up. I think Tina seems like a fun person too. 

VK's eyebrows- I have really funky eyebrows too so I had them micro bladed. SO much better now. She could really benefit from that. She has great makeup skills for her age.

Mama Kelli- I suspect this is really really sticky with Tina being one of her BFF's. How do you handle a situation where you really need to cut your BFF's daughter but anything you do is going to be shown to a national audience and you don't want to upset your BFF. After all, they've been buddies since DCC and has known and loved VK since birth. I dunno how that would be handled. It's too bad she's in that position at all. I was thinking they would bring Kitty in to "clean house" but someone mentioned Kitty loves VK too.

Lindsey- Her low hairline is just strange. I kept thinking if I had one I might have to wax it or something to make my forehead higher. I, too, immediately thought of Theresa whats-her-name from Housewives of Orange County or whatever that show is called.

Malena- at first I really liked her. But she's getting really sloppy now. She has a strange tic when people single her out. While they are talking she always looks like her neck is s****** the way she bobs it up and down. 

Tara falling-  I wonder if she fell because her center of gravity is off from the weight gain. Don't they show another incident of someone falling in the preview for next week? It looked like Tara again to me. BTW, I am NOT fat shaming. She is anything but fat. I'm just keeping Kelli's weight rules in mind in regards to the uniform being unforgiving. 

the lyrical dance- not a big fan. Are they even going to be performing this dance at the game? I wouldn't think so. So why are they bothering learning it? If somebody knows why, please tell me. It just seems like a waste of memory space your brain could use on another dance you really need to know for the games.

Menopause weight gain- it's no joke. I went into menopause early as a result of chemotherapy from breast cancer. It's the final insult. Not only do you get to gain weight because that's what breast cancer chemo does to you, but if you're over 40 you also get slammed into menopause in 2 weeks instead of the gentle, gradual move into that phase over a period of a year or more. I finally lost that pesky 30 pound weight gain this summer and I really think the only way to lose  after menopause is through low carb dieting. It really gets rid of abdominal obesity fast!!!  ☺️

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pasha Kitty said:

Judy is at least 10 years older than Kelli, if not 15 years. Judy is banging. Kelli, on the other hand, is not my definition of natural beauty. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

Tara falling-  I wonder if she fell because her center of gravity is off from the weight gain. Don't they show another incident of someone falling in the preview for next week? It looked like Tara again to me. BTW, I am NOT fat shaming. She is anything but fat. I'm just keeping Kelli's weight rules in mind in regards to the uniform being unforgiving. 

It's actually Kashara who falls next week. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

The girl who falls in next week’s episode is Kashara.

Some guest choreographers are brought in to teach game day choreography (Michelle Keys, Stephanie DiBiase). Others are brought in to help K&J assess the girls’ individual ability levels in styles that they don’t see them dance on a regular basis. Travis also supplied them with choreography for show group auditions, since show group is a more technical selection of dancers. Any competent dancer should be able to learn a routine like that fairly quickly without compromising choreography they’ve already learned, so it’s not really a question of wasting memory space. On top of all that, it makes for good tv and higher ratings.

Kelli is 53, Judy is 60.

Interesting, I thought Judy was older than she is. Regardless, I think Judy is banging! 

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, Tuxcat said:

I understand that Gina is a wonderful dancer however every time I watch her she seems ahead of others. Someone commented previously that it was because she puts extra pops and hair flips in. However in the contemporary routine for show group when she was "telling a story" she was so far ahead. Was that purposeful?

Non-dancer here, so I could be totally wrong.  I thought Gina looked slightly ahead of everyone in that dance because she seemed to be the only one who was secure with the choreography.  It looked like she had been dancing it for years, while the others were behind because they were looking for someone else's lead. (Which was Gina). I think Gina is an absolutely beautiful, expressive and controlled dancer.  I love watching her. 

• Love 8

For those who keep commenting that KaShara looks heavy, I can assure you I just saw her in person today as she was teaching a class at Bar Method and she looks amazing! All these girls look so much smaller off camera I personally think.  If she was heavier this past summer, she's certainly not now. Girl is fit and fierce! She kicked our butts in class today in the best way possible. BTW - she's super sweet and an amazing teacher!

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

my take:

VK is embarrassing herself. But I never had the guts at 18 to do anything near what these girls are doing and I sure didn't have the maturity. I could see myself acting kind of silly and cutesy like she does just because I would be so uncomfortable in front of a camera. I think that's just her natural, giddy self. She would probably be the kind of friend that would be really fun at the fair or when you need cheering up after a break up. I think Tina seems like a fun person too. 

VK's eyebrows- I have really funky eyebrows too so I had them micro bladed. SO much better now. She could really benefit from that. She has great makeup skills for her age.

Mama Kelli- I suspect this is really really sticky with Tina being one of her BFF's. How do you handle a situation where you really need to cut your BFF's daughter but anything you do is going to be shown to a national audience and you don't want to upset your BFF. After all, they've been buddies since DCC and has known and loved VK since birth. I dunno how that would be handled. It's too bad she's in that position at all. I was thinking they would bring Kitty in to "clean house" but someone mentioned Kitty loves VK too.

Lindsey- Her low hairline is just strange. I kept thinking if I had one I might have to wax it or something to make my forehead higher. I, too, immediately thought of Theresa whats-her-name from Housewives of Orange County or whatever that show is called.

Malena- at first I really liked her. But she's getting really sloppy now. She has a strange tic when people single her out. While they are talking she always looks like her neck is s****** the way she bobs it up and down. 

the lyrical dance- not a big fan. Are they even going to be performing this dance at the game? I wouldn't think so. So why are they bothering learning it? If somebody knows why, please tell me. It just seems like a waste of memory space your brain could use on another dance you really need to know for the games.

Menopause weight gain- it's no joke. I went into menopause early as a result of chemotherapy from breast cancer. It's the final insult. Not only do you get to gain weight because that's what breast cancer chemo does to you, but if you're over 40 you also get slammed into menopause in 2 weeks instead of the gentle, gradual move into that phase over a period of a year or more. I finally lost that pesky 30 pound weight gain this summer and I really think the only way to lose  after menopause is through low carb dieting. It really gets rid of abdominal obesity fast!!!  ☺️

So glad you are healthy and a survivor! 

It’s DEFINITELY not even close, but I’m pushing 40 and can’t lose the last twenty pounds I gained after baby 2. I’m finally at the point where I’ve accepted low carb dieting is the only way to go. It’s all in my abdominal area. I feel like I have to get it off now or I’m really screwed when menopause starts. I always think if of how skinny Kelli was and how she gradually put on weight!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I always think if of how skinny Kelli was and how she gradually put on weight!

Sorry, going off topic, I just want to add, I remember someone saying a while ago that Kelli was on steroids for some kind of eye issue.  Nothing packs on pounds like steroids.

• Love 5
On 14/09/2018 at 1:01 PM, RedDelicious said:

I don't care for lyrical/contemporary at all. I really hate all the flexed heels. To me it's for people who aren't disciplined enough for classical ballet and all I see is Chris Lilley lampooning it as Ja'mie King.

OMG VICTORIA KALINA = JA’MIE KING!!!!

Red you are amazing

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Judy is at least 10 years older than Kelli, if not 15 years. Judy is banging. Kelli, on the other hand, is not my definition of natural beauty. 

Kelli would look so much better if she wore clothes that were the correct size!

On 9/14/2018 at 8:57 PM, CaseyRe said:

Something about how she was like 'but I really wanted show group' just really irritated me. the way she said it, all kiddy cutsey and with her facial expression like she was half expecting Mama Kelli to be like 'oooh honey, we take it back, you're totally in show group' just....

this was their facial exp when she said she wanted show group and I don't know which expression I love more.  Denise is just flabbergastered, like oh dear, has nobody told her shes not even squad ready let alone show group?? Judy looks like she's trying so hard not to side eye her as hard as possibly and 85% failing and Kelli is regreting all life choices that led her to this moment where once more she must tap dance to find a way to make this anyone else's fault but VKs

vlcsnap-2018-09-15-01h52m29s675.png

it was in rewatching that segment that I finally zeroed in on what most gets me in Vks makeup

2018-09-15.thumb.png.b61c9391a3379f0947571c47717d0fb3.png

someone needs to teach her how to fill in her brows and how to stop overplucking them in a very awkward and unflattering shape.  your brows frame your face and how they're shaped and filled completely affects the rest of your look and it could so open up her eyes so much more as they're relatively hooded (bane of my own life) and so can appear smaller which in combo with clumpy mascara and/or too long lash extensions or false lashes you don't want when you're emoting to an audience.  i don't understand why the makeovers only ever seem to focus on hair. yes, hair totally has a huge impact on your look, but brows, their shape and colour, can have an equal impact.  her left brow makes me itch to get a hold of her and show her how to shape it. her right one looks quite nicely shaped, and while they're sisters not twins, you can still play with them until with a little gel/pomade/pencil/powder/whatever they're a little more even

is Denise looking at Kelli like WTF? I wonder if Denise will come back after Kelli turned her into the bad guy and totally dismissed her opinion s.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Wonder if Kitty will bring up all the fluffy issues in the next episode. 

No, I don't think she will. She has been very absent this season, and I think it is because she doesn't want to have to comment on Victoria's dancing or her figure.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I wouldn’t call them totally unqualified, but Jasmin and Malena are underwhelming candidates to say the least. I’m surprised they took either of them to camp because they are that bad. Alexandria, the special ed teacher from a few seasons back, was a terrible candidate as well.

I don’t think they are chosen strictly for diversity reasons, but it certainly helps their chances when this squad is so severely lacking in diversity. I think Kelli will actively try to give these ladies plenty of opportunities to prove themselves in an attempt to solve the diversity problem (which I see no problem with).  Alexandria was given way more time and chances before being cut than deserved, similar to this year’s Malena.  Let’s be honest - Malena should have been one of the first cuts, but she and her terrible memory are still there. Keyra should have never made the squad to begin with, and her cut this year was well-deserved.

Overall, you are correct that the vast majority of the AA ladies that have made the squad were/are beautiful and highly talented. And don’t forget Nicole Hamilton on your list! Arguably the best DCC they’ve ever had.

Alexandria was kept longer in TC due to the fact Kelli liked her so much. Malena is still in TC because Kelli likes her. I think she wanted Alexandria to make the team, but Charlotte probably told her to cut her. And of course, since the show started, a lot of girls are kept longer in TC due to ratings, drama and money.

In the case of Keyra, you could tell Judy did not care for her at all last season, but she was overruled by Kelli and Charlotte. Yes, she may have been a decent dancer, but her attitude and missing at least two appearances did not please the judges along with hanging around certain toxic DCCs did not help her either. I think she made the team due to be friends with Cersten.

15 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

There wasn’t a lack of hugs. Several girls cheered when she came out and she was hugged by a couple on camera with more approaching as they cut the scene. Victoria might not have been the number one most popular girl in camp this summer, but she certainly made many friends along the way and was already friends with several of the girls going into it. She is not universally hated.

This isn’t aimed at you personally, just commenting on this line of discussion. Had to get it off my chest.

Cool-I preface this with I am a low key VK supporter and I hadn’t watched it the second time as mentioned.  HOWEVER I am always there for pettIness because I’m a horrible person. Not wishing it happened, just entertained by it. I know, sad life I have. I thought if it DID happen that’s messed up since I thought she basically grew up with 70% of the team in some way. ?

• Love 4

I've enjoyed having Travis to show how having a good professional dance teacher is like. He gave useful criticism and actually gave the girls tips on how fix them unlike just saying you are clunky or pastel. 

Also,I am glad Travis gave praise to Victoria as a dancer so this board stop saying that people who gave her praise are bias. I not like huge Victoria or anything but i think it's crazy how much hate she gets just bec her mom said a girl looked old once bec LETS BE REAL People on this board have said things a MILLION times worse about every girl that appeared on this show ever.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:44 AM, rose711 said:

Can you please explain, as a dancer, why Victoria is so obviously dancing out of control and sloppily? Even the weatherman noticed it from day one. She was called into the office about it. I haven’t seen any change or improvement.

She has a lot of technique and is fun to watch, even if she's messing up she's still more entertaining than have of the boring girls around. This year doesn't have a ton of powerful dancers (other than Gabbi i haven't seen any) so the fact that she's powerful make her stand out. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mmm said:

I've enjoyed having Travis to show how having a good professional dance teacher is like. He gave useful criticism and actually gave the girls tips on how fix them unlike just saying you are clunky or pastel. 

Also,I am glad Travis gave praise to Victoria as a dancer so this board stop saying that people who gave her praise are bias. I not like huge Victoria or anything but i think it's crazy how much hate she gets just bec her mom said a girl looked old once bec LETS BE REAL People on this board have said things a MILLION times worse about every girl that appeared on this show ever.

She has a lot of technique and is fun to watch, even if she's messing up she's still more entertaining than have of the boring girls around. This year doesn't have a ton of powerful dancers (other than Gabbi i haven't seen any) so the fact that she's powerful make her stand out. 

I think thats a massive simplification of why people don't like VK. I had no idea her mother had said that and I find VK obnoxious and immature, far too much so to make the team this year or even the next.  she has a lot of growing up to do. even for the oh so often touted 'but she's only 18' she's an immature 18. we've had plenty of TCC and DCC at that age that are far more polished in their behaviour. she has the potential to be a great dancer, but she needs more control and needs critique not constant praise. she's always so shocked when she hears negative feedback adn then does nothing with it. her behaviour in the office is miles apart from any other girl, its unprofessional and childish. can VK dance? without question. is she in dire need of real feedback and actually implementing it? even more so

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I think thats a massive simplification of why people don't like VK. I had no idea her mother had said that and I find VK obnoxious and immature, far too much so to make the team this year or even the next.  she has a lot of growing up to do. even for the oh so often touted 'but she's only 18' she's an immature 18. we've had plenty of TCC and DCC at that age that are far more polished in their behaviour. she has the potential to be a great dancer, but she needs more control and needs critique not constant praise. she's always so shocked when she hears negative feedback adn then does nothing with it. her behaviour in the office is miles apart from any other girl, its unprofessional and childish. can VK dance? without question. is she in dire need of real feedback and actually implementing it? even more so

Exactly.  I don't think anyone has mentioned what her mother said since the season began and we saw VK for ourselves.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Exactly.  I don't think anyone has mentioned what her mother said since the season began and we saw VK for ourselves.

Yup. I have no idea what that person is referencing regarding the mother. All I know is I’m watching a show in which 75% of it is spent trying to convince me that a girl who can’t dance is the greatest dancer in the world. Maybe other candidates are worse and should be cut first, but o just know I want Victoria off my TV and out of my life. 

• Love 5

I was startled when Travis singled out one candidate and gushed at how beautiful she was. Weird and unprofessional; maybe his nerves got the better of him.

Loved seeing all of the dancing. That slow-mo shot of Hannah was stunning.

I wonder if Charlotte has pushed for VK's making the team. Could explain the odd vibes from Judy, Kelli and the others, and the terse (resentful?) comments after the first elimination. VK strikes me as assuming she will make it. She really wants to be a DCC - "I wanted show group" - but is leaning heavily on her "charm" and legacy to make it. Judy and Kelli are having to bite their tongues.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I was startled when Travis singled out one candidate and gushed at how beautiful she was. Weird and unprofessional; maybe his nerves got the better of him.

I wonder if Charlotte has pushed for VK's making the team. Could explain the odd vibes from Judy, Kelli and the others, and the terse (resentful?) comments after the first elimination. VK strikes me as assuming she will make it. She really wants to be a DCC - "I wanted show group" - but is leaning heavily on her "charm" and legacy to make it. Judy and Kelli are having to bite their tongues.

Personally only Judy is biting her tongue, Kelli is being biased and unprofessional as hell.  If she were biting her tongue she'd not be so overwhelming surprised when people critique VK, or pass the buck onto others that its their fault not to notice her, rather than that VK does little to be noticed for except not be in time and fall out of turns.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Why is it unprofessional to call a dancer beautiful? Guest judges do that all the time. Beauty is undoubtedly one of the factors that is taken into account when putting together the team. Kelli has even pointed out that they occasionally put girls with similar hair color in a group to see how they look in comparison to one another. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, jmarie said:

everyone keeps saying how they think vk should get cut and why hasn’t she been cut yet. there are many other tc candidates that need to go that are much worse than vk 

I can not name a single TC who is more immature, unprofessional and undisciplined as Victoria is right now. That is ignoring her weight problem and clunky and shaky dancing. Denise called it, this isn't her year and she should be cut. I also think Malena should have been cut before Lindsey or Jasmine. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mmm said:

You should keep your eye on Jayln if you want to see power. 

Victoria doesn't have power and her overall technique is weak. I don't think Travis is bias, but I think it's important to remember that Contemporary is Victoria's style and what Travis Wall lives for. It's why when Denise came in with a hard, powerful and sharp jazz number she got lost. SG may have been a great excuse, but no other guest choreographer has liked her and even the alumni said she wasn't top 36. Kelli's blinders are strong with her because in the overall DCC style she is weak and she uses overly big moves to try to cover it; but instead of covering, she's clunky and sloppy. 

As for Tina, it's no secret that I don't like her, and I didn't think I could like anyone less than her until I met her kid. Victoria is not DCC material at this point in her life. She needs to shape up, grow up and stop acting like she's God's gift to the DCC when she isn't. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Victoria doesn't have power and her overall technique is weak. I don't think Travis is bias, but I think it's important to remember that Contemporary is Victoria's style and what Travis Wall lives for. It's why when Denise came in with a hard, powerful and sharp jazz number she got lost. SG may have been a great excuse, but no other guest choreographer has liked her and even the alumni said she wasn't top 36. Kelli's blinders are strong with her because in the overall DCC style she is weak and she uses overly big moves to try to cover it; but instead of covering, she's clunky and sloppy. 

As for Tina, it's no secret that I don't like her, and I didn't think I could like anyone less than her until I met her kid. Victoria is not DCC material at this point in her life. She needs to shape up, grow up and stop acting like she's God's gift to the DCC when she isn't. 

How do you know Tina? All I’ve seen are the clips of her this season. She seems annoying but there isn’t much to go on. I’m sure you’re right, just wondering if she was on previous seasons and I forgot her. 

7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

How do you know Tina? All I’ve seen are the clips of her this season. She seems annoying but there isn’t much to go on. I’m sure you’re right, just wondering if she was on previous seasons and I forgot her. 

She was brought in one season to observe the dancing.  There was a TC named Chandler, who had quite the gummy smile.  Tina said she looked like a grandma which did not endear her to a lot of posters.  She also appeared last season with a group of alumni, but I just remember her being honest, which is what they are brought in for.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She was brought in one season to observe the dancing.  There was a TC named Chandler, who had quite the gummy smile.  Tina said she looked like a grandma which did not endear her to a lot of posters.  She also appeared last season with a group of alumni, but I just remember her being honest, which is what they are brought in for.

Yeah, don’t remember that. I doubt that would bother me as much. There were several seasons where Judy and Kelli said way worse stuff behind girls backs, making fun of them and insulting them. I think they only toned it down because they received so much backlash. Reminds me that as much as I like this show and respect the hard work these girls put in, in a lot of ways DCC is just clique-ish mean girls looking down on others (and I say that about the adults running things). I think they like girls who are intimidated by them and submissive, who don’t question orders or decisions. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Tina Kalina has been featured on and off DCC: MTT for a few seasons now. 

27 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

This is part of why I dislike her. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

They’ve had how many guest choreographers?  3 if you count Michelle Keyes?   So 1 thought she was the best rookie, and 2 thought she should be cut.   Honestly that just happens sometimes with dance - some judges have certain things they like to see and they will lIke/dislike certain types dancers more than others.   Dance is an art form, not a science, and people’s preferences matter.  You see it in competitions too where a dancer will go to one comp and win the whole thing, and then go to another and place below the same exact dancers they were against in the comp they won.

I like Victoria’s dancing, and I’m not her mom or a friend of her mom, she’s just the type of dancer I like.   Long legs, good arms, extension, etc.  I thought Breanna from NJ was a great dancer, as well as Ika.   I liked Erica and Emma a lot too.  Not impressed w/ Maddie (no extension, no turnout, sickled feet), Cersten (her dance in that gold outfit was just very immature technique IMO - all tricks), and even Melissa didn’t do much for me when I saw her whole solo in that red and black outfit - but lots of DCC people, including Kelli, think they are great.  Peoples opinions just vary sometimes and it doesn’t mean they are wrong.

I’m not reading any arrogance from VK at all - immaturity and over-familiarity w/ a lot of the DCC leaders that she’s not acting professional, yes, but she doesn’t seem entitled to me at all. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I thought Breanna from NJ was a great dancer, as well as Ika.   I liked Erica and Emma a lot too.  Not impressed w/ Maddie (no extension, no turnout, sickled feet), Cersten (her dance in that gold outfit was just very immature technique IMO - all tricks), and even Melissa didn’t do much for me when I saw her whole solo in that red and black outfit - but lots of DCC people, including Kelli, think they are great.

I feel like you have read my mind, especially with Maddie, Cersten and Melissa.

While I do like Melissa’s academic and work accomplishments, I feel like those three’s solos were ? tricks, and I cannot wrap my mind around how un-DCC Maddie is with her look, weight, and terrible technique. Every time I post something about Cersten lying, I it gets deleted, so I’ll just agree with you on tons of tricks.

Erica became lather, rinse, repeat with her solos, but she did connect her moves well and is very fluid, same goes for Lacey. 

But yes - some of those who are very “impressive” here are just meh to me. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I feel like you have read my mind, especially with Maddie, Cersten and Melissa.

While I do like Melissa’s academic and work accomplishments, I feel like those three’s solos were ? tricks, and I cannot wrap my mind around how un-DCC Maddie is with her look, weight, and terrible technique. Every time I post something about Cersten lying, I it gets deleted, so I’ll just agree with you on tons of tricks.

Erica became lather, rinse, repeat with her solos, but she did connect her moves well and is very fluid, same goes for Lacey. 

But yes - some of those who are very “impressive” here are just meh to me. 

I've never liked Maddie. I think part of it is I find it uncomfortable watching her doing overtly sexual dances when to me she looks about 14. There's just something...try hard in her dancing that I don't like but I can't explain. some dancers the dance seems effortless, its something that's an extension of them, that's entirely nnatural, and Maddie comes across like she's having to constantly prove something and I just don't find her technique that great. in terms of watchability, she's not who I would opt to watch

• Love 6