Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Big Time Dance

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

NO SPOILERS! Discuss what happened during the episode ONLY. Be civil, there is no need to agree or reach consensus. Everyone is allowed their own opinion. Use the ignore feature if a poster is bothering you but isn't posting against the rules. Report, don't engage. NO SPOILERS!

4 minutes ago, PWBlackburn said:

I love love love Travis! I have yet to see him choreograph something that I don't adore. 

I thought that Gina and Kelli looked fantastic in his style. Pageant girl surprised me, she looked good doing that choreo.

I loved him right up until he named his favorite rookie and that’s the point he lost me!

• Love 20

Doesn’t surprise me at all that Travis liked Victoria after I watched that solo of hers from YouTube.   She has great extension and control (in the contemporary sense of control)’and that’s what Travis’ style is all about.  Her long legs probably help too.

That said her belly was really showing it softness in that segnment - at points it was hanging over her shorts - eesh.  Vet Madeline/Maddie had the same issue going on too, but not as bad.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Doesn’t surprise me at all that Travis liked Victoria after I watched that solo of hers from YouTube.   She has great extension and control (in the contemporary sense of control)’and that’s  what Travis’ style is all about.  Her long legs probably help too.

That said her belly was really showing it softness in that segnme t - at points it was hanging over her shorts - eesh. Get Madeline/Maddie had the same issue going on too, but not as bad.

I adore Maddie but I really did see the few extra pounds tonight.

• Love 9

I loved that the cameras didn’t move from the routine as much as they usually do. I liked seeing the routine like that and with the music, it was beautiful. They really are great pro dancers!

That injury prevention class looks painful yet fun. 

Aaaaaa show group auditions ??

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, DCCme said:

I loved him right up until he named his favorite rookie and that’s the point he lost me!

Keep in mind Victoria's background is contemporary. When you're in a room of power house dancers, standing out in your dance genre of choice, probably wasn't that hard. 

That said, Victoria is gaining weight like crazy. I didn't think she looked DCC ready at try-outs, she looked even worse now. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, patsinsyr said:

no Kitty for SG auditions?

and no recently retired SG vet for judge - either .. hmmm? Missed opportunity for the alumni parade

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, DCCme said:

I just wanted to go through my tv and give Hannah a big “you go girl” hug ? 

Her back story is a good one. Way to address an issue that plagues not only teens and pretty faces, mental illness takes down a lot of people. Good for her for addressing her struggle!

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Keep in mind Victoria's background is contemporary. When you're in a room of power house dancers, standing out in your dance genre of choice, probably wasn't that hard. 

That said, Victoria is gaining weight like crazy. I didn't think she looked DCC ready at try-outs, she looked even worse now. 

I bet more than 80% of them have contemporary dance as their background though.   Pretty much all dancers in training nowadays are strongly contemporary focused cause its what has been hot in dance for the past 10+ years and counting.  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
Just now, hereforthedrama said:

Did she resign after those showgroup auditions? If she didn't know the signature dance cleanly by SG auditions they should have cut here then and there.

She just seems like she is really in her head, and we know how that goes. I think she is a lovely dancer but yeah, if you can’t remember under pressure at THIS point, there’s no more pressure than at a first game, right? My heart goes out to her-must suck when you mess up and you’re like SOMEONE PLEASE MESS UP MORE THAN ME, ANYONE?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

Did she resign after those showgroup auditions? If she didn't know the signature dance cleanly by SG auditions they should have cut here then and there.

I'm not sure how it was edited, but I think it was before. 

Loved seeing Dayton look great at SG auditions. You go girl 

Just now noticing Bridget. She is pretty stellar

*edit forgot to mention how great rookie Madeline looked during Denise’s choreo. She has a jazz background so wasn’t surprised but very happy to see her shine

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

Yeah.. SG group auditions can hurt a person chances, just as well as helping them.. I guess it was mandatory for everyone to try out.  I was surprised to see her on the stage. I was thinking let's not bite off more than you can chew...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Yeah Victoria isn’t looking great (for dcc). I have to think they edited Travis saying she was his favorite (in the contemporary piece), because I thought she looked good in that style. Her body not so much. Far better than mine, but I’m old & not trying to wear that uniform. She bugs me less than others, but I don’t think she should be there. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Why is VK still there? Maturity alone should get her cut. 

VK’s body alone should get her cut. We have the same body and I’m not trying to shake my shit on a jumbro-tron the size of Wyoming. 

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Seriously?  Denise doesn’t notice VK and that’s why they called her in? Seriously? What the actual...wait she wanted show group...I just can’t even...

my gosh VK i can't.

Also is CMT Throwback Thursday always a thing? this is the first time in eons I'm watching it live and it's looking like season 6 is starting?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, patsinsyr said:

my gosh VK i can't.

Also is CMT Throwback Thursday always a thing? this is the first time in eons I'm watching it live and it's looking like season 6 is starting?

I think this is new but they refuse to give us the premier first ever 2-hour special. ARGH

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, patsinsyr said:

my gosh VK i can't.

CMT had all freaking day to show re-runs... airing 2011 season, right after the latest episode - until 3 am ? Let me flip channels and check on the hurricane Florence coverage...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Seriously?  Denise doesn’t notice VK and that’s why they called her in? Seriously? What the actual...wait she wanted show group...I just can’t even...

It almost seems like every choreographer they've had to date this season is required to notice Victoria and praise her for how amazing she is while completely ignoring that there are other dancers (including Dayton) in the room who are likely MILES ahead of Victoria in terms of technique and ability.  I can see REALLY wanting Show Group because of the additional opportunities it provides, but still . . .

6 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Oh Victoria. Show Group???? *winces because she’s gonna get dragged on here* I like her as a dancer but we gotta stop act so cutesy but she IS a fresh outta high school girl. I get it but she needs to be more aware of how she comes across. 

Victoria is an okay dancer, but she should be better at her age for all the training she supposedly has.  Her skills are seriously lacking in certain areas and she needs to start fresh from the very beginning to build those up and overcoming years of average to poor training with a trip through mediocre and indifferent.  

4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Why is VK still there? Maturity alone should get her cut. 

I see not only immaturity, but a complete lack of discipline.  I don't see that Victoria ever learned discipline to any significant degree.  She seems to almost have been encouraged NOT to be disciplined, to be "wild and free", uninhibited in everything she does and says.  While that sort of thing may provide great inspiration and experiences for the emotional side of things, it doesn't do much else for the dancing.

3 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Yeah Victoria isn’t looking great (for dcc). I have to think they edited Travis saying she was his favorite (in the contemporary piece), because I thought she looked good in that style. Her body not so much. Far better than mine, but I’m old & not trying to wear that uniform. She bugs me less than others, but I don’t think she should be there. 

Contemporary may be her "thing", but she often looks just as wild and out of control there as she does everywhere else.  She also needs to shed whatever weight she's gained plus some if she ever wants to be considered DCC slim.

2 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Did VK not watch the episode where FIVE YEAR VETERAN Angela got reamed for being disappointed about not making SG / therefore not performing her best? Can’t believe any rookie candidate would admit that. Say you have a cold or something. Jesus 

I get that Victoria was disappointed when she didn't make Show Group, but every girl who wanted it and didn't get it was just as disappointed.  It was almost as if Victoria didn't try her hardest because she expected to make it just because of her connections and who she is.  That attitude won't get her far outside the realm of the DCC.

1 minute ago, Lunacat said:

VK’s body alone should get her cut. We have the same body and I’m not trying to shake my shit on a jumbro-tron the size of Wyoming. 

We've been saying that for weeks and nothing's really come of it.  Kelli and Judy have not only handed out weight warnings for girls who have gained, but they've cut many a girl because they've gone soft as well as not taken girls into Training Camp because they're soft.  Liz Reuter comes to mind.  Frankly, if Victoria had been anyone else, she would not have made Training Camp on body alone because she's too soft.  Throw in the butterface and dance issues (among other things) and she would not have even made Finals much less Training Camp but for her connections.

• Love 16