Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Big Time Dance

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

This is an interesting stat that I noticed too!  It seemed very high to me.   I viewed it as a weaker dance pool from the veterans compared to other years and a strong rookie class.  But I am curious... how many rookies made it in previous seasons?  I remember one year Olivia P with red hair made it to SG rookie season and they made it a very big deal, like it was an exception to the rule.  After that it always seemed to me that a couple would make it.

I think someone posted her dad owns the business group that does the restaurants on Dallas Cowboys properties.  Can someone confirm or specify?  Something like that.

I think that ShellyB refuted this a while back on another board..  She mentioned that Dee Lincoln of Del Friscos is the driving force behind this, not Kalina.

Edited by Christineelgene
Update
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I think someone posted her dad owns the business group that does the restaurants on Dallas Cowboys properties.  Can someone confirm or specify?  Something like that.

He's just the General Manager of Del Frisco's.  According to what I saw on glassdoor.com, the salary range for that position looks like a decent first salary in a two salary household but doesn't seem like the salary of a  mover and shaker.

Why, oh why, am I such a nebby nose?  I guess you can take the girl out of journalism but not the journalism out of the girl.  Or something like that.

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Love 1

Rewatching the episode and here are a few off the beaten path thoughts as I do:

I had my back to the tv when Tess talked and she sounded so much like Paula from Colombia I whipped around.  I just watched that season not long ago. Maybe it’s the deeper tone.

Christinas hair is too corporate America and adds to the standoffish not approachable vibe she can give off.  She needs fluffy wavy approachable hair.

Taylor has a very intense stare as she’s talking about her relationship with contemporary.  I wonder if it’s always that intense.  It was freaking me out.

I love all of their genuine reactions while doing the injury prevention segment.

I think I can bring it from the back now thanks to Travis’ feedback.  I really found all his comments to the dancers useful and less vague than we usually here.

Whoa - Madeline almost kicks Tara in the face when the vets are doing the contemporary routine 

Malena can’t recover from mistakes and that’s just not going to work as a DCC.  Jalyn on the other hand had a great recovery.

theres something going on with DCC Kelli’s eyes that ages her a lot.

hey there’s Lily - now that I know what she looks like, way easier to spot her ;)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

He's just the General Manager of Del Frisco's.  According to what I saw on glassdoor.com, the salary range for that position looks like a decent first salary in a two salary household but doesn't seem like the salary of a  mover and shaker.

Ok, that kills that theory.  Then I don't know why Charlotte is crazy for VK.

Edited by Mardo2044
11 hours ago, DCCme said:

Rewatching the episode and here are a few off the beaten path thoughts as I do:

I had my back to the tv when Tess talked and she sounded so much like Paula from Colombia I whipped around.  I just watched that season not long ago. Maybe it’s the deeper tone.

Christinas hair is too corporate America and adds to the standoffish not approachable vibe she can give off.  She needs fluffy wavy approachable hair.

Taylor has a very intense stare as she’s talking about her relationship with contemporary.  I wonder if it’s always that intense.  It was freaking me out.

I love all of their genuine reactions while doing the injury prevention segment.

I think I can bring it from the back now thanks to Travis’ feedback.  I really found all his comments to the dancers useful and less vague than we usually here.

Whoa - Madeline almost kicks Tara in the face when the vets are doing the contemporary routine 

Malena can’t recover from mistakes and that’s just not going to work as a DCC.  Jalyn on the other hand had a great recovery.

theres something going on with DCC Kelli’s eyes that ages her a lot.

hey there’s Lily - now that I know what she looks like, way easier to spot her ;)

Kelli has some eye health issues after Season 5 or Season 6, and I think she was on a steroid type medication/treatment for her eyes.

19 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Given the considerable bias towards VK by Charlotte and Kelli, it's a bit much to say Hannah can't really be all that good if it took her four tries but VK only one.  There is no way of knowing if she made it because she deserved it or because of who her mother is and her relationship to Kelli

100% agree!

17 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

VK's been immersed in the DCC culture since birth, so it well may have been all she's dreamed of. In the last episode that showed Cassie as a DCC, she mentioned that she was 23 years old and had already accomplished everything she'd ever wanted.  Not that being a DCC isn't an incredible accomplishment, but I still thought that was sad.

Sad? How? Sounds good to me!

15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Because we should all have goals---short term and long term. If you've done everything you've ever imagined by 23, what's the purpose of living anymore? 

..but she reached her goals already? I think that's just fine and admirable. Maybe she didn't have super extravagant goals like some do. Some people just want to be married, have a home, be happy, have kids and that's it. Others want more. We don't really know what all her goals were, but shout out to her for reaching them. If she doesn't have anything else to cross off her list, then that's great.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LadyMsJay said:

..but she reached her goals already? I think that's just fine and admirable. Maybe she didn't have super extravagant goals like some do. Some people just want to be married, have a home, be happy, have kids and that's it. Others want more. We don't really know what all her goals were, but shout out to her for reaching them. If she doesn't have anything else to cross off her list, then that's great.

That is where I disagree. I think it's sad. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Or she could have said something about only being married a few months and could spend more time with hubby.  

And there would be people who would say that’s sad. You can’t win. People and their opinions. 

I do think it’s a little sad to have accomplished all your dreams and goals by age 23, but hey, Cassie seems happy and motherhood is her new dream and she seems good at it, so ?‍♀️

• Love 2
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

And there would be people who would say that’s sad. You can’t win. People and their opinions. 

I do think it’s a little sad to have accomplished all your dreams and goals by age 23, but hey, Cassie seems happy and motherhood is her new dream and she seems good at it, so ?‍♀️

I think that if she hadn't gotten pregnant she would have stayed involved with Camp DCC, and I wouldn't be surprised when the kids got older that she didn't work more with it.  And if she hadn't gotten pregnant, we never would have had her kids entertaining us:)

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

VK's been immersed in the DCC culture since birth, so it well may have been all she's dreamed of. In the last episode that showed Cassie as a DCC, she mentioned that she was 23 years old and had already accomplished everything she'd ever wanted.  Not that being a DCC isn't an incredible accomplishment, but I still thought that was sad.

That woman is a gorgeous freak of nature, I swear.

Since she didn't get the gorgeous hair and face genes, it's nice she at least got the skinny ones.

******************************************************************************************

Does anyone have any idea why Charlotte is so rah, rah, VK?  She's the only person in the DCC realm who doesn't have to kowtow to anyone so does she truly think she's all that and a bag of chips?

Judy's hair is it's own wonderful character on the show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Judy's hair is it's own wonderful character on the show.

52 minutes ago, Sister Tab said:

Maybe Judy's hair can have its own Twitter feed just like her office stool.  :)

40 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

ahhh if only that 'do could talk, the secrets it could reveal... ;)

“That’s why her hair is so big. It’s full of secrets.”

• Love 13

Do the girls all get a handout at the beginning that tell them no matter what Kelli and Judy say to them, they can only respond with "yes Ma'am"? I keep aching for one of them to say something equally as respectful such as " thank you, ma'am". But no one ever does. I know it's a southern polite thing to say but I don't really consider Dallas "the south" as much as I do Georgia or South Carolina. 

• Love 2
On 9/17/2018 at 3:05 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

That woman is a gorgeous freak of nature, I swear.

I'm confused as to why ya'all think Judy is SO pretty? Even in her DCC days I thought she seemed old-looking and rather plain (sorry!). Now with all of her plastic surgery/botox, I feel she's aged herself even more. Her hair is lovely, but honestly way too long and bleached to oblivion. 

Kelli (boss) now, Kelli is one pretty lady and I think always will be. She's probably had plastic surgery too, but it hasn't changed her face into a mask (yet). 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

Do the girls all get a handout at the beginning that tell them no matter what Kelli and Judy say to them, they can only respond with "yes Ma'am"? I keep aching for one of them to say something equally as respectful such as " thank you, ma'am". But no one ever does. I know it's a southern polite thing to say but I don't really consider Dallas "the south" as much as I do Georgia or South Carolina. 

I've heard the girls say thank you or that they appreciated the comment, or that it was sweet of them to say that.  But I think it shows respect to say yes or no ma'am.  Better than ok, uh huh, yeah.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

I'm confused as to why ya'all think Judy is SO pretty? Even in her DCC days I thought she seemed old-looking and rather plain (sorry!). Now with all of her plastic surgery/botox, I feel she's aged herself even more. Her hair is lovely, but honestly way too long and bleached to oblivion. 

Kelli (boss) now, Kelli is one pretty lady and I think always will be. She's probably had plastic surgery too, but it hasn't changed her face into a mask 

This was before she started to cheer.  I still think she looks good, minus the dark eyeliner though

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

Kelli (boss) now, Kelli is one pretty lady and I think always will be. She's probably had plastic surgery too, but it hasn't changed her face into a mask (yet). 

I feel like Judy is always perfectly put together. I would love for her to let her hair go snow white. I think that would be stunning.

37 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

This was before she started to cheer.  I still think she looks good, minus the dark eyeliner though

Those Judy Trammell genes are STRONG y'all.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I feel like Judy is always perfectly put together. I would love for her to let her hair go snow white. I think that would be stunning.

This reminds me of what someone said about Kate Middleton several years ago - that she’s pretty but not a total knockout, but she is always perfectly groomed and impeccably dressed and that’s what makes her seem even more attractive than she really is. I’m not saying that Judy is unattractive, just that being well put together really helps!

• Love 5
On 9/14/2018 at 2:13 AM, PBSLover said:

- Lindsey needs a a side a part. She doesn’t have a lot of forehead and the center part accentuates that. She sure is pretty though.

- I think Hannah is pretty but she needs darker lipstick. I think it would brighten up her entire face.

- Kelli should have been a part of show group. Was she chosen? Christ, she’s a great dancer.

- LOTS OF DANCE TONIGHT! FINALLY!

- I was very impressed with the choreographers. Kelli is so smart to bring them in.

- Yoshiko! How adorable is she? Always was. Always will be.

Kelli has been on SG since her rookie season, just like Maddie.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This reminds me of what someone said about Kate Middleton several years ago - that she’s pretty but not a total knockout, but she is always perfectly groomed and impeccably dressed and that’s what makes her seem even more attractive than she really is. I’m not saying that Judy is unattractive, just that being well put together really helps!

its kind of like the phrase 'was their outfit really that good, or are they just thin?' because clothes always end up looking good if you're slim so the outfit can be a mess but still look good because of the figure its on, rather than the outfit itself.  I think Judy has a very secure sense of self and style, she's found what she likes, what work for her, what she looks and feels good in, and so she's less interested in trends or the latest look because she has a style instead. style is eternal, trends are nebulus.   Kelli can lean a little more towards trends and that's what I find a little more ageing for her, imo, than Judy. chasing trends, the older we get, can sometimes just age us more rather than finding out zone of 'this works on me and I like it and i feel good'.
I think Judy had the quintessential girl nesxt door look when she was a DCC, far more natural than any of the girls really look today. obviously in part that's because makeup trends change and at the moment the trend for DCC is so super full-coverage that the skin is but a distant memory and pounds of eyeliner and mascara which doesn't suit every girls face or eye shape and so thy end up looking a bit off.

whether there's been botox or procedures, I think Judy has amazing skin - yes there's foundation but you can see that the makeup is applied onto a fantastic base - and her makeup, while not necessarily always to my taste (such harsh eyeliner is aging and unecessary) it's always perfectly applied.  she's found what works for her and she's going to go with it

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

I honestly think most of the non texas girls do it because they see/hear everyone else do it.

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I've heard the girls say thank you or that they appreciated the comment, or that it was sweet of them to say that.  But I think it shows respect to say yes or no ma'am.  Better than ok, uh huh, yeah.

That's so me. Granted, I DO say "yes ma'am" daily, but that's usually in response to a question. If someone is just giving corrections or opinions, I'm more likely to just say "..okay." They'd hate me lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

its kind of like the phrase 'was their outfit really that good, or are they just thin?' because clothes always end up looking good if you're slim so the outfit can be a mess but still look good because of the figure its on, rather than the outfit itself.  I think Judy has a very secure sense of self and style, she's found what she likes, what work for her, what she looks and feels good in, and so she's less interested in trends or the latest look because she has a style instead. style is eternal, trends are nebulus.   Kelli can lean a little more towards trends and that's what I find a little more ageing for her, imo, than Judy. chasing trends, the older we get, can sometimes just age us more rather than finding out zone of 'this works on me and I like it and i feel good'.
I think Judy had the quintessential girl nesxt door look when she was a DCC, far more natural than any of the girls really look today. obviously in part that's because makeup trends change and at the moment the trend for DCC is so super full-coverage that the skin is but a distant memory and pounds of eyeliner and mascara which doesn't suit every girls face or eye shape and so thy end up looking a bit off.

whether there's been botox or procedures, I think Judy has amazing skin - yes there's foundation but you can see that the makeup is applied onto a fantastic base - and her makeup, while not necessarily always to my taste (such harsh eyeliner is aging and unecessary) it's always perfectly applied.  she's found what works for her and she's going to go with it

Yep. This post 100%. 

It’s also why all the women in my area eat lettuce. 99% of them are super thin and wear exquisite clothes. Then you have me who is still 20 pounds overweight from the last baby, and I live in Athleta. I’m definitely not perfectly put together. ?

33 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yep. This post 100%. 

It’s also why all the women in my area eat lettuce. 99% of them are super thin and wear exquisite clothes. Then you have me who is still 20 pounds overweight from the last baby, and I live in Athleta. I’m definitely not perfectly put together. ?

Im on a diet (spinal damage plus huge uantities of opiods plus not being able to work out the same way wreaks havoc on ones waistline) but Im the sort of person that even when (god willing IF) I get to my goal weight, I'm still going to exude a sort of scruffiness.  I never look put togther.  because Im tall (nearly 6 foot) people always seem to think that means I'll alway carry clothes well, and I'm like 'ummm do your see the Thor-ian thighs going on here? the hips? the ridiculous shoulders?'  yes I have a model's height but the rest of the figure is definitely not runway ready! even when I drop the weight i want to, I will still never look put together.  it's just the way I am.  damn it. I'm aways envious of women who can throw on jeans and a basic tee and look ready to go to fashion week, whereas i can spend four hours with a professional stylist team and just come out the other side mildly less scruffy.  c'est la vie

• Love 1
On 9/14/2018 at 7:58 PM, Christineelgene said:

The clip on the CMT app shows Denise with K & J before they meet with VK.  Check it out if you can, it is interesting on so many levels,

Thank you for recommending! I usually watch all the CMT extras but somehow I missed this one. Definitely a must watch. You are right, how very interesting. I think Kelli's justification to Denise is a bit off.. Victoria has not been "dynamite all of training camp." She was one choreographers favorite outside of the DCC style, and multiple veterans plus now Denise didn't have her top 36. 

At first when this season started I found myself so ticked off about the favoritism, but now I've almost shifted to just feeling bad for Kelli? I always joke that my mom genuinely believes my sister and I are the 2 most beautiful and talented individuals on the planet lol. If some one told her otherwise she'd have a reallllll hard time hearing it. That's what this reminds me of. Misguided albeit sweet well intentioned mother bear.

• Love 5
On 9/14/2018 at 10:43 PM, MamaV said:

Victoria reminds me a little of Taylor from season 7. She was also unfiltered, uncontrolled, immature and not the strongest dancer in the room. Kelli didn’t find it cute or acceptable and cut her for it. 

Mind Blown. You are so right

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

At first when this season started I found myself so ticked off about the favoritism, but now I've almost shifted to just feeling bad for Kelli? I always joke that my mom genuinely believes my sister and I are the 2 most beautiful and talented individuals on the planet lol. If some one told her otherwise she'd have a reallllll hard time hearing it. That's what this reminds me of. Misguided albeit sweet well intentioned mother bear.

I think this is where I'm at now. But I don't think she'll ever see it. I'm really not even looking forward to Kitty's class this week, because it will be more of the same. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

I think this is where I'm at now. But I don't think she'll ever see it. I'm really not even looking forward to Kitty's class this week, because it will be more of the same. 

Neutered Kitty, something I thought I'd never see. she should have been th eone person we could rely on to get VK to listen to critique and to improve but its gonna be more smoke being blown up her backside instead, which actually makes me feel bad for VK because how on earth is she meant to get DCC ready, to really improve and progress as a team dancer not a solo one, if everyone around her is telling her she's awesome or denigrating the opinions of those that haven't drunk the kool-aid? its actually not fair to VK to not get her to hear the negatives and the feedback and let the girl improve herself

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Neutered Kitty, something I thought I'd never see. she should have been th eone person we could rely on to get VK to listen to critique and to improve but its gonna be more smoke being blown up her backside instead, which actually makes me feel bad for VK because how on earth is she meant to get DCC ready, to really improve and progress as a team dancer not a solo one, if everyone around her is telling her she's awesome or denigrating the opinions of those that haven't drunk the kool-aid? its actually not fair to VK to not get her to hear the negatives and the feedback and let the girl improve herself

I agree with this, if you're only getting positive feedback how are you supposed to improve? Like with any job, if your boss is telling you that you do a good job and when you ask if there's any way you can make it better and they say no...then you're stagnant.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I have 3 neutered kitties at home and they are excited to see one on TV this week.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Good point there. I was honestly curious because I just didn't see what everyone else is gushing about with Judy's looks, but she is definitely well-put-together and confident. She did have a very girl-next-door vibe in her younger days, and I would love it if she was a little more natural now and without all the facelifts/botox/whatever else is going on. Personal opinion, though, and she should do whatever makes her feel confident. 

On the plastic surgery note, however, what on EARTH is going on with Melissa Rycroft's face??? She was so beautiful in her Dancing with the Stars/DCC days, and now her face looks so different! All stretched and odd-looking with puffy lips. Melissa, leave your face alone, you were already gorgeous!!

**Edit: Even last year, her face looked normal, so I think this must be a new thing. 

Edited by Acromantula
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

Good point there. I was honestly curious because I just didn't see what everyone else is gushing about with Judy's looks, but she is definitely well-put-together and confident. She did have a very girl-next-door vibe in her younger days, and I would love it if she was a little more natural now and without all the facelifts/botox/whatever else is going on. Personal opinion, though, and she should do whatever makes her feel confident. 

On the plastic surgery note, however, what on EARTH is going on with Melissa Rycroft's face??? She was so beautiful in her Dancing with the Stars/DCC days, and now her face looks so different! All stretched and odd-looking with puffy lips. Melissa, leave your face alone, you were already gorgeous!!

**Edit: Even last year, her face looked normal, so I think this must be a new thing. 

absolutely minimum, some botox. her forehead never moves at all regardless of what facial expression she's trying to pull.  I think maybe some botox in the nasolabial area or fillers in smile lines because that area also moves in a strange way when she smiles or talks, like the whole area is trying to move as one piece rather than malleable flesh.  it doesn't look good, imo, but that's me.  I recently saw some pictures of her from the bachelor and she barely looks the same. Now admittedly, some of that is that she's lost some weight, she's also nearly a decade older and had several childrne all of which will change a woman's face shape and look, but she looks sooo different I can't help but think there's been some sort of nip/tuck going on, at very least of the chemical kind if not necessarily the scalpel kind

why is she Melissa Rycroft this year? they always made such a point of her being Rycroft-Strickland but now she's Rycroft again?

• Love 1
On 9/18/2018 at 9:43 PM, Acromantula said:

I don't really know; there's just something really appealing looking about Judy and I can't put my finger on it.  Maybe it's because sometimes when she's watching the cheerleaders perform she has this dour look on her face and then when she smiles it totally transforms her and I think it lights up her face and makes her look really pretty.  And I love the hair; doesn't seem overbleached to me at all.  As for Kelli, I agree that she is one pretty lady.  She is so much prettier now than when she was a DCC or when she was early in her tenure as Director.  I think a bit of extra weight has softened her features and she's just stunning.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:26 AM, PrincessLeia said:

Yep. This post 100%. 

Wherever it is that you live; I wouldn't even want to pass the exit for it on the interstate! Yikes!

• Love 2
On 9/18/2018 at 7:23 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

“That’s why her hair is so big. It’s full of secrets.”

Brilliant!  If anyone on this board hasn't seen Mean Girls, you need to or you're going to miss out on glorious little zingers like this one!

• Love 4
On 9/19/2018 at 6:42 AM, CaseyRe said:

its kind of like the phrase 'was their outfit really that good, or are they just thin?' because clothes always end up looking good if you're slim so the outfit can be a mess but still look good because of the figure its on, rather than the outfit itself. 

I noticed that it's a trend among pretty, young women to wear hideous outfits.  My older daughter was visiting last weekend and she showed up wearing big, thick black plastic glasses (think Elvis Costello) and her hair piled on top of her head. What looked like a mens Hanes v neck t shirt and baggy, faded, ripped jeans.  The weird part is that she looked great.  If I wore something like that (even when I was 22), I would have looked like something the cat dragged in.  I always figured they do that as a way of saying, "I'm so pretty that I can wear crappy outfits and still look better than you"?  And it would make me sad so I'd open a bag of Cheetos and go to town.

• Love 3