Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

In the past couple decades, it has become increasing popular for evangelical fundamentalists to go to places that are heavily Catholic rather than non-Christian areas in order to preach about their personal saviour.  Maybe it is because there are more white people in these locations or they're closer to the US or maybe they figure that people who are Catholic at least know something about Jesus so they can save some time.

I know people who have done 1-2-year-long missionary trips to England and Norway, and I am 100% sure it was an excuse to have people foot the bill for them living like tourists in a cushy situation. They were also incredibly haughty when they would start talking about "their work" and people who'd been in significantly more difficult situations dared to question them about the rigors of their work and did not appreciate people being amused by the fact they were missionaries to Europe. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, irisheyes said:

Yep, if I wanted to go be a missionary, I’d definitely want to go to a country like France where lots of people speak English, I can live in a house with modern comforts, and my wifi is high speed. Developing countries just don’t have those kinds of amenities. I mean, I’ll suffer for the Lord, but I’m not going to SUFFER. 😀

(Please note, the above was stated with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek and is not meant to disparage any country. We’re all God’s beloved. ❤️)

When I was in France, I was tempted to defect for the butter alone. LOLOL Sign me up to be a missionary in France, too. Oui, oui. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I could venture out to the local laundromats too. Now I just need some big pockets to fund me.

Yeah, someone other than Jill needs to convert laundromat patrons! But you'll likely never find a Lord Daniel. He was a unicorn. 😁

• LOL 11
On 3/16/2022 at 2:03 PM, 65mickey said:

That's what he said. It sounded like he said it's being shipped over from Poland. The video shows them driving along like it's any day in America not like a war zone. They claim to be in Ukraine. I can't imagine that they would lie about this.  I am still baffled how someone like Nathan is being asked to train emergency workers on as he put it "trauma." I guess I'll withhold judgement for now but I am still suspicious of MedicCorp and exactly what they can accomplish.

Does Nathan have any medical training at all?!

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, louannems said:

Ha, doubtful.  Maybe Basic Life Support and putting on a band-aid.  

What I got from those videos is that they were going to "help" at a church.  I'm sure they will be handing out blankets and annoying these people with their bible thumping.  

Would love to see the car they bought and where it is being shipped to.  

Love everyone's comments here.  Especially about the fancy jackets.  The only one I've seen is Nathan.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I remember Michael and Zach getting EMT training like 10 years ago. Not sure about Lawson or Nathan. I do recall Nathan being part of a "dental" team in the Philippines. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I read a story last night of an American being taken off a bus at a check point and now is nowhere to be found. This guy is a married father who has been living in Ukraine. And everyone knows about the female athlete who has been detained. They are coming for Americans.

Nathan and this pediatric nurse best hope they're not in Ukraine - they and their shiny red jackets could be next.

7 hours ago, louannems said:

the Mediccorps team did have a group training. It was a 1 day thing with a certified training person. But It was basic first aid not EMT. 

I mostly remember it because Lawson waved the certificate around like it was a degree from med school and kelly posted about how proud they were of him for earning it.🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

"On the ground" - WTF do they mean? Those they are "assisting" are where? In trees? In a Jetson type medical facility? Whoever has been 'dispatched' to write their posts needs to give up the 'professional rescue' talk, because it really sounds like a clubhouse of young boys playing rescue. 

Although the needs on the ground are huge, the passion, energy, and heart we’ve seen from the different medical staffs and communities we’ve been able to assist is greater.

• Love 5

Mabe it is my suspicious nature or it is just semantics but notice how not once have they  said WE are on the ground in Ukraine. It's always ON the ground. They show these generic pictures and one of a full arena of medical personnel appearing to be listening to the Medic corp group. Not one picture is of the "medical team" in action. I do not believe that this group is in Ukraine providing trauma training or medical service. If anything they are in Poland hanging around waiting for something to do. Why no pictures of them handing out the supplies that they keep mentioning or volunteering in a kitcken helping to feed people? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Mabe it is my suspicious nature or it is just semantics but notice how not once have they  said WE are on the ground in Ukraine. It's always ON the ground. They show these generic pictures and one of a full arena of medical personnel appearing to be listening to the Medic corp group. Not one picture is of the "medical team" in action. I do not believe that this group is in Ukraine providing trauma training or medical service. If anything they are in Poland hanging around waiting for something to do. Why no pictures of them handing out the supplies that they keep mentioning or volunteering in a kitcken helping to feed people? 

I agree with everything you said. I think right now they are saying this is their 'action'. "Training local doctors to care for the many complex war injuries."

image.png.2f9fd99b828dae38fbeaf2344668c983.png

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

9 pictures:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbOv497MPpw/

And of course they’re posting on YouTube also.

Ah, THERE'S the selfies and the concerned faces I knew were coming.

Also, you dipsh!ts, it's #Ukraine, not #Ukriane.  FFS.

And stellar job blurring out the faces of the children you took pictures of. 

Colossal jerks.  Go home.  Seriously, get of of there.  Idiots.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In their post from yesterday:

”Our team has been in Ukraine for over a week now responding to the humanitarian crisis, and so much has been accomplished already.”

Like what? What have you actually done there? I am deeply skeptical that they are doing anything meaningful there.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

And that photo of the baby in the blue snowsuit is a stock photo.  I saw it in my Microsoft newsfeed.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I am extremely skeptical they are in Ukraine, let alone Kyiv. 

And if they are somewhere in Ukraine and get detained how much is it going to cost the US to free them? They're such irresponsible assholes.

They could have had just as much glory if they had partnered with one of the legitimate organizations in the United States and posted selfies of them gathering their supplies and promoting the effort.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

I'm sorry but why is this in JD and Abbie's thread? Is JD there? Has he posted about going there? Is there any evidence that he even suggested he was going to be there? Or is this all based on the fact that he's done previous MC things?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I'm sorry but why is this in JD and Abbie's thread? Is JD there? Has he posted about going there? Is there any evidence that he even suggested he was going to be there? Or is this all based on the fact that he's done previous MC things?

This discussion may have started here as we didn't know who was supposedly in Eastern Europe.  After we learned of Nathan Bates involvement the discussion moved to the Bates, Rodrigui topic.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

This discussion may have started here as we didn't know who was supposedly in Eastern Europe.  After we learned of Nathan Bates involvement the discussion moved to the Bates, Rodrigui topic.

That's how I recall it. JD is the CEO, and someone was talking about going to help Ukraine. We didn't know who was there until Nathan posted pics of first the RN guy then himself. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Tasya said:

I'm pretty sure I'm the one who initially posted it here. It was because the charity is in his name, and they'd announced they were going. Discussion included whether or not he would be going, but in my opinion, it seemed entirely reasonable to mention it in JD's topic when we had no other information since he's the dumbass who started the "charity" and listed it in his name. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if JD is helping with cleanup after the tornado in Springdale this morning.

I think the clubhouse rules/procedures are first discussing dispatch/deployment. Rule #2 is having troops on the ground. Rule #3 is taking pictures. They're still coming up with further rules.

(all kidding aside, tornado clean-up is actual real help they can do)

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if JD is helping with cleanup after the tornado in Springdale this morning.

I hadn’t heard about that tornado, but that same storm system is headed my way, and I’m scared. 🫣

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the clubhouse rules/procedures are first discussing dispatch/deployment. Rule #2 is having troops on the ground. Rule #3 is taking pictures. They're still coming up with further rules.

(all kidding aside, tornado clean-up is actual real help they can do)

As long as they don’t bring their fake badges and real guns. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I hadn’t heard about that tornado, but that same storm system is headed my way, and I’m scared. 🫣

The storm just passed through my area. I’m at my sister’s house after that tree almost took out my bedroom last year. I have 100 fr. oaks in my backyard so I don’t play around. The wind gusts were horrible so hopefully my house is intact.

Hopefully you fare well. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Are the medic guys there helping?  There are things there that they could actually do that make a difference.

Absolutely. And it happened in the town where JD lives. They could only send a small crew to Ukraine. Why can't the rest of the team help locally?

• Love 7

Snark: why is the "i" not capitalized in the word "MEDiC?"  It makes it look like either a preschooler typed it out, or it's an acronym for something.  Also, their captions that read like an all-points bulletin, accompanied by pictures of their latest "troops on the ground" location, just smacks of exploitation of the people whose lives have been affected, especially because I question what MEDiCCCorps is even doing there besides photo ops and getting in the way.

Not snark: I sincerely hope they're actually helping, and Lawson isn't standing in front of someone's shattered living room window fixing his hair before taking a selfie in his MeDiC uniform.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

so a Duggar drove around and got some video. Hopefully JD, Jason, James, Austin, Elisha etc will get the Duggar owned Skid-steer, excavator, chainsaws, etc "deployed" soon to help where needed.

Jackson Bates is possibly still with duggars , if so he can help too.

• Love 5