Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

Personally I think Amber's look is straight out of Sunset Boulevard, and it kills me because this is one of my favorite movies of all time...but anyone else see the similarities?

Norma Desmond in her jammies and head wrap.

Avoided the sun. Lived in a rundown house in a nice neighborhood 

House cluttered with useless old memorabilia.

Quick tempered, jealous and terrified a man would leave her.

Thought she was a big star (well at least Norma USED TO BE BIG

Joe stays with Norma only to hide out, use her money and gifts and hopes to help his writing career

Norma was delusional and bats shit crazy, and perked up with those cameras arrived

She had a pet monkey while Amber has a sloth and baby Hagrid 

"Madame is the greatest film star/ mother of them all!"  Constant need to remind 

Now with her new guy and his California connections she may be getting ready for her closeup.

Edited by Poohbear617
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I've noticed 2 new pair of glasses this season. I can't really hate on that in general. I'm dependent on mine and have several pairs to choose from. Ambers are ugly though. Not to mention the apparel of a Mrs. Roper.

I have never liked Amber's eyeglasses or her shades. They are either ugly, too big, or gaudy.

7 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Ambers new look is weird. Her glassses are weird. Her clothing is weird. Those stupid wraps on her head to hide her roots is annoying - looks good on others. She just looks a lot different lately and I can’t really explain it but it’s weird looking. Like, her new look is “old lady gangsta” - gosh, I can’t explain it. It’s gotta be her new glasses. Yeah, the cat eye glasses is what it is, I think.  ? 

amber shower.jpg

amber precious 3.jpg

amber precious.jpg

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, druzy said:

Amber's probably doing what Jenelle does when she gets into a new relationship, she's taking on Baby Huey's traits. Now Amber is going for the hippy look.

Fail!

• Love 11

Since when is the headwrap thing a fashion statement? I remember growing up back in the 60s when women used to wear headwraps to hide their curlers. This was before the age of blowdryers and curling irons, so you put styling lotion on your hair, then curlers, then the wrap and went about your day (or night). Once the hair was dry, voila, curls. When did it become a fashion accessory?

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I feel like Amber is "that person" for nuMatt far more than vice versa. NuMatt definitely seems fucked up, but he's had a somewhat functional adulthood with completing college, being employed (at least intermittently)

He's got douche brother Bubby's stamp of approval, that has to be considered a great accomplishment. It sounds like Boo Boo doesn't like to spend weekends as much...smart kid.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 10

Hmmmm....Worst closet choices..   Well first anything from Amber or Cate is OUT. You'd have to boil it first. I'll just burn the closets down. Farrahs? nooooo. That only leaves Maci and only because we wear the same brand jeans. I'll bring my own shits though. No tiny pockets for me and I own plenty of Tennessee tees.

• Love 5

The best I think Amber has ever looked is the brief interlude in 2015ish between her release from prison & before going all in on the relationship with Matt.  She looked like she was physically at her best (and at a healthy weight without the help of pillses) and I think she rocked the purple-ish hair and glasses look better than pink/blonde/high bun/other looks she's done.

amber.jpg

amber2.jpg

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

Personally I think Amber's look is straight out of Sunset Boulevard, and it kills me because this is one of my favorite movies of all time...but anyone else see the similarities?

Norma Desmond in her jammies and head wrap.

Avoided the sun. Lived in a rundown house in a nice neighborhood 

House cluttered with useless old memorabilia.

Quick tempered, jealous and terrified a man would leave her.

Thought she was a big star (well at least Norma USED TO BE BIG

Joe stays with Norma only to hide out, use her money and gifts and hopes to help his writing career

Norma was delusional and bats shit crazy, and perked up with those cameras arrived

She had a pet monkey while Amber has a sloth and baby Hagrid 

"Madame is the greatest film star/ mother of them all!"  Constant need to remind 

Now with her new guy and his California connections she may be getting ready for her closeup.

I’d like this post except for my love of Sunset Boulevard (the Andrew Lloyd Webber version). It’s my favorite Broadway show - second only to Jesus Christ Superstar with Little Shop of Horrors (I saw original cast Off-Broadway with Ellen Greene when I was about 10 - I’m getting old) running a close third.

Amber is no Norma Desmond, as NuMatt is no Wylie E. Coyote...

Edited by Jennifersdc
Edited to add - I did push the “like” button on your post. She probably thinks she’s Norma Desmond.
  • Love 7

Oh I agree 100 percent. Amber is No norma, she just is crazy like her and you are right. She probably thinks she is.

BTW. Never got the chance to see the musical, always wanted too. Have listened to the Glenn close soundtrack though.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

I know right?????

When I see their photos “lucky baby” is the last thought to pop in my head. I just picture poor James crying in his overly expensive crib with half of his diaper sagging to the side of his leg with slushee diaper pee pouring out of the other side with shit riding up his back because his asshole parents are ignoring the expensive baby monitor pretending to be asleep hoping the other will get up to change him.

Then spending the rest of his day in the crib (praying that they atleast change out his sheets from the diaper explosion from earlier) because it’s easier on her depression and his creative mind to keep him in his room while daddy post infinite number of hippie bullshit on Instagram and she posts selfies from her bed.

The only time baby James is going to get some stimuli is when Leah forces her way over there for the weekend and has her mom, Kristina, pack her a diaper bag to tend to her baby brother that’s being neglected. Sooooooooo no! Lucky baby is NOT what comes to my mind when I see ducking baby Huey take yet another stupid selfie showcasing that stupid made in America baby stand that friggen bubby made his soon to be neglected nephew.

I fucking hate Amber!!!!!!!

Yep. "Lucky" baby. 

I used to hate Jenelle the most but, in comparison, I think Amber wins. (I'm grading on a curve.) I think Jenelle may actually try, but there's something broken inside of her that hasn't been fixed. I've seem moments of Jenelle where I've thought there was some hope. Amber just doesn't give a shit. 

• Love 13

I've been thinking way too much about people I don't know, specifically NuMatt. Not too long ago Indiana University, Bloomington combined it's Journalism & Telecommunications departments into one big Media School. Not long before that they started a Cinema School, even though Indiana is not at all friendly to filmmakers in a way that a state like Georgia is. Anyway, they are really trying to make the Cinema School a thing - they hired Robby Benson as their big draw - but it seems to me that if NuMatt had one iota of ambition he could get hired by a Midwestern university with dreams of a competitive film school, especially with his pre-existing media connections with MTV and Hollywood in general. It wouldn't be Teen Mom money but it would be a good, solid income in a state where the cost of living is low (though Bloomington itself is expensive and getting ever more so) . However, if NuMatt had one iota of ambition (beyond attaching himself like a Remora to Amber) he probably could have parlayed the connections he was born with in California into a real career there.

• Love 13

From Wikipedia:  The foreign exchange market is a zero sum game in which there are many experienced, well-capitalized professional traders (e.g. working for banks) who can devote their attention full-time to trading.  An inexperienced retail trader will have a significant information disadvantage compared to these traders.

Pick one.  Andrew Glennon is:

- An experienced well-capitalized professional trader working for a bank.

- A retail trader and arrogant rube who has zero education combined with minimal knowledge or experience, who thinks he can play with the big boys, and is desperate to impress his social media groupies.

• Love 12
22 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I've been thinking way too much about people I don't know, specifically NuMatt. Not too long ago Indiana University, Bloomington combined it's Journalism & Telecommunications departments into one big Media School. Not long before that they started a Cinema School, even though Indiana is not at all friendly to filmmakers in a way that a state like Georgia is. Anyway, they are really trying to make the Cinema School a thing - they hired Robby Benson as their big draw - but it seems to me that if NuMatt had one iota of ambition he could get hired by a Midwestern university with dreams of a competitive film school, especially with his pre-existing media connections with MTV and Hollywood in general. It wouldn't be Teen Mom money but it would be a good, solid income in a state where the cost of living is low (though Bloomington itself is expensive and getting ever more so) . However, if NuMatt had one iota of ambition (beyond attaching himself like a Remora to Amber) he probably could have parlayed the connections he was born with in California into a real career there.

He is also 90 minutes from Cincinnati and we now have a BOOMING film industry!  If he wanted to work, he’d be able to find employment. Dude just wants to sit around and mooch off Amber. 

• Love 16
On 4/26/2018 at 12:55 AM, Poohbear617 said:

Oh I agree 100 percent. Amber is No norma, she just is crazy like her and you are right. She probably thinks she is.

BTW. Never got the chance to see the musical, always wanted too. Have listened to the Glenn close soundtrack though.

Glenn Close was great! Patti LuPone is a better singer, but Close (and she sure can sing) really brought it with her acting skills (my You Tube favorites are generally show tunes, Public Enemy and Bobby Brown - judge away!). I saw it with Close on Broadway (yay me!) and a bunch more times on national tours and regional productions. I wanted The Perfect Year to be my wedding song but Mr. DC refused.

Sorry off-topic and likely boring to most...

Back on topic - Amber’s still a lazy, clueless person. Still time for the 75% sale on Forever High! Though everything I randomly clicked on is “out of stock”.

• Love 10

If/when nuMatt leaves Amber to create a good life for himself and his son, he'll have no reason to stay in IN. It will probably be better for his son to live as far away from Amber as possible so he doesn't have to endure getting attached to her during intermittent visits (like Leah) and suffering for her absence. If nuMatt is truly able to get himself together and become a functional person/parent, it would be much, much better for him and James for him to find his own Kristina to co-parent James in CA or wherever else far, far away from Amber. If James is far away, there's very little chance Amber will make any effort to visit or stay in contact with him, especially if he barely knows who she is and doesn't give her the validation she requires to be even remotely engaged with her own child.

• Love 10
On 4/26/2018 at 8:36 AM, mamadrama said:

Yep. "Lucky" baby. 

I used to hate Jenelle the most but, in comparison, I think Amber wins. (I'm grading on a curve.) I think Jenelle may actually try, but there's something broken inside of her that hasn't been fixed. I've seem moments of Jenelle where I've thought there was some hope. Amber just doesn't give a shit. 

I still hate Jenelle the most. I can’t get over that POS she married. Oh - and those ridiculous animal filters she uses on her social media I see posted here.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, monicageller said:

Man I love fake Barb!

Fake Barb is awesome. I try to remember to check in with her every couple of weeks. It’s hysterical. Especially the idiots who seem to think it’s actually Barb...

• Love 11
9 hours ago, CofCinci said:

He is also 90 minutes from Cincinnati and we now have a BOOMING film industry!  If he wanted to work, he’d be able to find employment. Dude just wants to sit around and mooch off Amber. 

I’d like this too, but my husband is originally from Cleveland...y’all apparently have issues. You should hear what he says about Pittsburgh though (it’s all bitter professional sports related).  

But he downs the Graeter’s (now available at our supermarket three blocks away) like there was no tomorrow...

Edited by Jennifersdc
Edited to add he’s still a skinny bastard. Graeter’s as delicious it is - is not helping my figure.
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’d like this too, but my husband is originally from Cleveland...y’all apparently have issues. You should hear what he says about Pittsburgh though (it’s all bitter professional sports related).  

But he downs the Graeter’s (now available at our supermarket three blocks away) like there was no tomorrow...

I ? Graeter’s more than I love this board.

Yup, I said it.

OK, it’s a tie. I love them both the same.

I eat it as often as I can when I’m visiting family in Dayton/Cincinnati. Even at the airport at 9am instead of breakfast. For real. 

I am officially NOW jealous of you...and not because you & Amber share a coat! ? 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I ? Graeter’s more than I love this board.

Yup, I said it.

OK, it’s a tie. I love them both the same.

I eat it as often as I can when I’m visiting family in Dayton/Cincinnati. Even at the airport at 9am instead of breakfast. For real. 

I am officially NOW jealous of you...and not because you & Amber share a coat! ? 

Finally something I’m proud of sharing! Of course it’s with fellow posters and not any of the cast.

It showed up here regionally about three years ago. We’d go all of 30 minutes to Virginia to get it at Fresh Market before.

I highly suggest fellow posters order some to understand. It’s (was) homemade ice cream with homemade chocolate chunks that can be 2 inches or more if you have the right batch. We call it “treasure hunting”.

Sorry off topic again - heading to freezer now...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

Finally something I’m proud of sharing! Of course it’s with fellow posters and not any of the cast.

It showed up here regionally about three years ago. We’d go all of 30 minutes to Virginia to get it at Fresh Market before.

I highly suggest fellow posters order some to understand. It’s (was) homemade ice cream with homemade chocolate chunks that can be 2 inches or more if you have the right batch. We call it “treasure hunting”.

Sorry off topic again - heading to freezer now...

I’ll join you in the freezer - and I’ll bring the spoons! Dibs on the salted caramel (created at The Ohio State U!)!! 

Just found out it can be shipped to almost every state. I don’t care how much it costs; it’s pure heaven. Anyone who even likes ice cream: you need to track down a vendor and/or order it online. 

On topic:@Kazuand my other Calif peeps, we shall meet up at a halfway point and drown our sorrows in Graeter’s ice cream IF Amber & Co. end up invading our fair state. Since everyone is “wishing her” on us, it’s the least we deserve! 

• Love 7

I wonder if Amber and Baby Huey have had an argument, yet. Not a little argument, I’m talking about a heated one person says something cruel and then the other goes right for the jugular to really insult the other. Since she’s pregnant I’m going to rule out any physical fights - hopefully there’s no physical fights.

Im trying to gauge how long before baby Huey runs off with James because you know Amber has a short fuse and Andrew is so friggin annoying to listen to even I WANT to smack him around and I hate violence lol. There’s just something about him that is childish that Amber would lose patience over. I don’t buy her “so happy to be together” bullshit. She’s putting up a front to get back at Matt and prove to the world that she didn’t foolishly get knocked up but that she’s in a happy and stable relationship.

I’ll start the betting. Winner gets bragging rights.

Hmm, postpartum will be awful for Amber so I foresee tons of fights during the early newborn stages but I see the final breakup being by the time James is 9 months old. Andrew will file for custody and child suppprt.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, druzy said:

Baby Huey stop spouting platitudes that you don't live by. You were very negative and judgmental towards Gary.

bhh.png

Oh, I know WHAT you are. Who you are is also quite clear.

11 hours ago, Bridget said:

I’ll join you in the freezer - and I’ll bring the spoons! Dibs on the salted caramel (created at The Ohio State U!)!! 

Just found out it can be shipped to almost every state. I don’t care how much it costs; it’s pure heaven. Anyone who even likes ice cream: you need to track down a vendor and/or order it online. 

On topic:@Kazuand my other Calif peeps, we shall meet up at a halfway point and drown our sorrows in Graeter’s ice cream IF Amber & Co. end up invading our fair state. Since everyone is “wishing her” on us, it’s the least we deserve! 

Yes!! I don't need Amber here! 

• Love 6

Time will tell, but Baby Huey doesn't seem like the type to raise his voice, to me. He seems like the kind who will just laugh at you and deliver what he thinks are quippy, little barbs. He'll drive her nuts, I have no doubt. Then she'll probably punch him. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Time will tell, but Baby Huey doesn't seem like the type to raise his voice, to me. He seems like the kind who will just laugh at you and deliver what he thinks are quippy, little barbs. He'll drive her nuts, I have no doubt. Then she'll probably punch him. 

I think you are right. Amber has no self-control. Anything can set her off. We watched how she got upset over the mere mention of paint colors. His response was so low-key and that only seemed to infuriate her more.

From what I observed of Amber "elsewhere" she takes issue with anyone leaving her even if it is just to take refuge in another room.  Her need to be the center of the universe means no one else can ever walk away from her. Her needs require that someone must always be at her beck-and-call. Even the needs of her newborn will cramp her style. Remember how upset she was when Leah was a newborn and Amber could not sleep? How dare a newborn's needs override her needs! Shit is going to get real when Malibu Matt is born.

• Love 20

Going off your meds is nothing to brag about. It can be downright deadly. 

Amber and Bubby used to choke each other at night to fall asleep while the parents fought. Get over yourself, Bubby. And don’t tell me who is and isn’t healthy. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I seriously don't think there is any possibility that Amber will be a functioning parent to this baby. She abused and neglected Leah when she was a baby because Amber literally couldn't function as the caretaker for an infant. There's no indication that she's better now; in fact, her pathologies are probably worse. NuMatt doesn't have experience caring for a baby and he probably doesn't have much of a support system in IN. It's very stressful for "normal" people who are used to handling adult responsibilities to take care of a baby, especially alone, as nuMatt will essentially be. NuMatt seems unusually irresponsible and immature, so it will be even harder for him. He's probably telling himself that once Amber has the baby she'll go back to being the Fun Amber he fell in love with in the week and a half he knew her before she got pregnant, but he's wrong. Amber will certainly claim to have PPD, whether that's technically accurate or not, and she will retire to her bed ignoring the baby (who will most likely be kept in another room) and demanding that nuMatt continue to wait on her like he did before the baby was born.

I almost feel sorry for nuMatt because he doesn't seem to have an inkling of what's barreling down the pike at him, but I feel much sorrier for the poor baby being dragged into all this. I think Bubby lives in another state and it doesn't seem like Amber's mom is very involved day-to-day, so nuMatt will be more or less the baby's entire support system. The child is going to be surrounded by screaming, dog shit, his own shit, and general chaos from the moment he gets home from the hospital. His best/only chance at any kind of decent life is that nuMatt will turn his life around and figure out how to be a father. NuMatt, who fell in love with Amber watching her behave like a pyscho, knocked her up within days of meeting her, and dropped his whole life to move to IN and be on a reality show. NuMatt, who posts stupid shit on Instagram every day when he should be forming a plan to protect his son from his (increasingly obviously) insane mom. NuMatt, whose "career" is some stupid YouTube video or something with some teenagers. I weep for that poor child.

Thanks @TheRealT. Somehow you unscrambled my brain and put into words what I was thinking but couldn't articulate. If anyone needs a rundown or reminder of who NuMatt is here is a bullet point summary taken from @TheRealT's post:    

• NuMatt fell in love with Amber watching her behave like a psycho, knocked her up within days of meeting her, and dropped his whole life to move to IN and be on a reality show.
  • NuMatt, posts stupid shit on Instagram every day when he should be forming a plan to protect his son from his (increasingly obviously) insane mom.
  • NuMatt, whose "career" is some stupid YouTube video or something with some teenagers. 
  • Love 17

Baby Huey reminds me of those females who think their partner will be different with them as a partner and that somehow their love for them will change them into a better person. He is beyond stupid, has shit for brains and deserves everything he has coming to him for hooking up with Amber after watching her in action on MBC.

Another thought is that Baby Huey is some devious, cunning asshole who is going to pull a fast one on Amber.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Kazu said:

Baby Huey reminds me of those females who think their partner will be different with them as a partner and that somehow their love for them will change them into a better person. He is beyond stupid, has shit for brains and deserves everything he has coming to him for hooking up with Amber after watching her in action on MBC.

Another thought is that Baby Huey is some devious, cunning asshole who is going to pull a fast one on Amber.

@Kazu your post says it all!  Baby Huey is stupid. He thought Amber was a step up in his career. Little did he know that he would be exposing himself for the idiot he is. 

• Love 10

Andrew has absolutely no idea what Amber was like when Leah was a baby. Like Dr. Drew, I doubt he watched the show.  He thinks she is in bed because of pregnancy-related issues and probably imagines that she’ll be an active mother. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Kazu said:

Fucking do it, Andrew. I have no problem seeing Amber get what's due to her.  It's time for some of that 'what goes around comes around' for that piece of shit Amber.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

Fucking do it, Andrew. I have no problem seeing Amber get what's due to her.  It's time for some of that 'what goes around comes around' for that piece of shit Amber.

In all fairness, oldMatt did rip Amber off and he was emotionally and physically abusive to her. With that being said, I'd be happy for the baby's sake if nuMatt were clever enough and thinking ahead enough to have some scheme to fleece Amber, then take off with the kid.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

No shit. Amber should have never had another baby. I always applauded her for that ONE thing - knowing she wasn't fit for motherhood and not perpetuating the cycle. Now she's done lost it entirely. 

I have inflammatory arthritis and have monthly infusions of some really jacked up drugs.  Before they would even start me on the medication, they had to know that I was on a stable, long-term birth control (IUD).  Why, if you are bipolar with borderline personality disorder, would your doctors not require you to be on some long-term birth control?  Why, if you were the patient, (Amber) would you not insist that you were on long-term birth control knowing that you'd have to go off your meds and potentially risk a major relapse if you were to accidentally get pregnant?

I know why.  Little to no education, poor life choices and absolutely no common sense.  And yet MTV pays these people too much to continue those poor life choices. Realistically, I cannot complain since I am complicit by watching.

Ugh.

P.S. The other answer is that Amber is really neither bi-polar nor does she have borderline personality disorder.  She DOES have anger issues, but I think she's holding on to those bogus diagnoses to explain away her bad behavior. 

• Love 13
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, druzy said:

Baby Huey stop spouting platitudes that you don't live by. You were very negative and judgmental towards Gary.

bhh.png

I Know You Are But What Am I? ~ PeeWee Herman.

• Love 14