Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

I don't know why, but I'm really appealed and horrified by this whole situation. Maybe because she's close to my age, I don't know. It's like watching a movie and you're yelling at the main character to be careful, because the nemesis is closer than he/she thinks!

I think she was more hurt by the way Gary told her and not about the information. It was priceless when Matt didn't react at all in the car after they dropped off Leah. He was like - your first reaction was disbelief, so I think my job is done here, I don't have to come up with anything.

It was hilarious when he yelled afterwards about getting out of his house. Please, Matt, do feel at home. I just don't get how sometimes Amber can be, to some degree, mature about other situations (Farrah and other people's situations), but be in full denial about her own. I think she was on to something when they argued in the house and we only heard it. His mind game was on full display then and it seemed like she wasn't having it. I guess he succeeded in deceiving her. I'm saddened that to her it's more important that she's right and not put to shame in this situation rather than dumping him and admitting that she misjudged him. I really fear for her, not to mention Leah's sake. He was sketchy from the start and the new information just made me more disgusted.

I've been trying really, really hard to think of a situation that Amber has acted "mature" about and I can't come up with a damn thing. I've never seen her be mature about anything. Ever.

Welcome Jell Bird! I too love your name. Classy Court Heels is another great name, I laugh every time I see it.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 8

I am wondering if he has tried or is able to limit Amber's time with Leah even more due to the Matt situation.  Or if the courts don't care about that kind of thing?

Courts are not about monitoring a home or dictating what goes on in home, like Amber's, that is dysfunctional. There is no law against a family or parent being dysfunctional. It is not the court's job to advise an adult woman that the sleezeball she is in love with is a major asshole who should be working and paying his child support. The courts would be forever clogged if they had to deal with such matters. The courts can only intervene when someone such as a parent, a therapist, a doctor, a law enforcement official, a teacher, or some other person who is obligated to report any kind of physical or sexual abuse, comes forward to report such a matter. Even though I don't trust skeevy Matt around Leah, there is nothing - thus far - that proves he is harming Leah in any way. He may be playing mind games with her, but that is not sufficient cause to make any kind of report. Gary, as Leah's father, if he notices his child is being told harmful things by Matt and that he is mentally fucking with Leah and it becomes harmful, Gary can inform his attorney who in turn can ask for a court hearing where she can bring the matter in front of a judge who may send the parties to mediation to try and resolve the matter. Mediation is where both sides try to come to an agreement about what is in the best interest of Leah. Mediation will likely send both parties to parenting-classes and/or therapy.

• Love 2

Here's a clip of Matt "explaining". It's interesting he ONLY refers to his "older kids". : http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/9wdq76/teen-mom-exclusive-interview-matt-defends-himself-and-his-kids?utm=share_twitter

She is dumber than I thought. Truly. She did not know about all of these kids. It's obvious from her reaction. 

And I'm sure she'd be totally down with it if Gary was a deadbeat father because he was in a bad place in his life during Leah's childhood. Nevermind the cost to the kids when their dad wasn't around for oh....I don't know .... their whole lives!  He's a good guy now!!!!! @@@@  Those two deserve each other and she doesn't deserve Leah in her life 50/50 if those are the kinds of choices she's going to make.

• Love 4

It doesn't look like there is real estate in Amber or Matt's names. Is this house flipping faked for the show?

They must be holding the flipping property or properties in a business name.  Their realtor probably suggested it.  It's funny that they are (supposedly) buying and selling real estate, yet Amber still rents her primary residence.

• Love 2

Any ideas about the name of her business?

No idea.  Just a guess that they're using a business name since neither of their names is showing up on property tax records.  Another possibility is that those records aren't updated immediately.  A house I sold continued to list my name online for several months.

I'm confused, how are these past few posts related to Amber? Was she there with Cate and Tyler?

About the property sales I would agree it's probably a business name. I also remember hearing some ads from local flippers talking about how with their method you could buy then sell the house before you ever even had to put it in your name (yeah that doesn't sound scammy at all). I never looked into it but those ads made me think maybe that's what Amber and Matt have been doing.

• Love 2

I can't remember if Amber got her GED?

I don't know. I'm a college-educated woman who is probably handier than most women and flipping a house would be way beyond my expertise - both managing other people doing the grunt work and me doing it. And I'm twice as old as Amber with that much life experience. I guess Matt is old enough but it sounds like he's been running from state to state trying to dodge the child support summons so I'm guessing he's never had much of a career and even then he claims it is as a DJ.

I think, as others have mentioned, they think sitting on their asses all day watching HGTV makes them Chip & Joanna.

• Love 1

Since Amber was sentenced to 5 years in 2012 and was released several years early, doesn't that mean she is still on active parole? Is she at least on probation?  I am just surprised she is allowed to have alcohol in the house and is not required to attend counseling and NA or AA meetings.

• Love 1

That's a good point. It just saddens me that Amber doesn't seem to WANT to actively attend meetings. I guess she is in therapy, right? And I suppose everyone's recovery is different; maybe NA doesn't work for everyone. But the thing is, I don't see much different about her life now as opposed to her pre-prison life. Meetings aside, she needs a good support group, to surround herself with people who are a positive influence. Who does she have? Matt and her mom are supposedly both ex addicts (although, I'm beginning to think Matt made that entire story up and the only thing he is addicted to is mooching off of people) and cousin Krystal only comes around for the cameras. She needs something that is going to keep her grounded, so she doesn't slip. She's still laying on the couch all day, and we've seen brief glimpses of her temper rearing its ugly head. So, I just really don't know all what has changed. 

• Love 1

Because I screwed up and posted a link in the wrong forum. But it appears the Moderators took care of my error! Thanks Mods.

Ohh ok thanks. I thought I was missing some connection there that would've been big news!

• Love 1

I used to work as a paralegal, primarily in contract disputes. Many years ago, I read a psychological explanation of why people fall for the catfishing cons, which take place in business all the time. The paragraph I'm quoting below explains it succinctly. The article link was originally posted here or in the Sister Wives' thread, where Meri was also catfished last year. I'm behind on my reading and just read it, and don't remember who linked it, or when, to give proper attrition. It's what we are seeing with Amber right now, and I still have some hope that she'll wise up before it gets worse for her: 

The confidence game starts with basic human psychology. From the artist’s perspective, it’s a question of identifying the victim (the put-up): who is he, what does he want, and how can I play on that desire to achieve what I want? It requires the creation of empathy and rapport (the play): an emotional foundation must be laid before any scheme is proposed, any game set in motion. Only then does it move to logic and persuasion (the rope): the scheme (the tale), the evidence and the way it will work to your benefit (the convincer), the show of actual profits. And like a fly caught in a spider’s web, the more we struggle, the less able to extricate ourselves we become (the breakdown). By the time things begin to look dicey, we tend to be so invested, emotionally and often physically, that we do most of the persuasion ourselves. We may even choose to up our involvement ourselves, even as things turn south (the send), so that by the time we’re completely fleeced (the touch), we don’t quite know what hit us. The con artist may not even need to convince us to stay quiet (the blow-off and fix); we are more likely than not to do so ourselves. We are, after all, the best deceivers of our own minds. At each step of the game, con artists draw from a seemingly endless toolbox of ways to manipulate our belief. And as we become more committed, with every step we give them more psychological material to work with.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/01/12/the-confidence-game-maria-konnikova/

• Love 4

Matt is a scam artist and will leave Amber broke and tearful but... I do believe there is one positive: he's helping Amber become more business-oriented. Without Matt, she would not have the flipping business. It's going to end in flames, but she'll learn from this and hopefully keep on going.

• Love 3

See I don't believe they actually have a house flipping business.  I think Matt suckered Amber into buying some dilapidated houses and he "hired" his "ex boss" who is probably a friend he enlisted to tell Amber he actually had a job when he didn't. Amber probably never leaves her house to go see the progress of the renovations so Matt just tells her he needs so much money, she writes a check and he does whatever he wants with the money. If TM comes to an end I GUARANTEE Matt will hit the  road. Wasn't it reported that he already cheated on her and that he was trying to catfish his next victim (another reality star or someone famous? He's probably saving the money he's stealing from Amber for when he dumps her.  Amber is not very bright. I would feel sorry for her but then I think of how she's treated Leah, how she beat on Gary and never took responsibility and how she didn't seek help once she got out of prison and think nah she deserves everything she gets. When she's broke and alone maybe she will revaluate her priorities in life and finally make Leah one.

• Love 6

See I don't believe they actually have a house flipping business.  I think Matt suckered Amber into buying some dilapidated houses and he "hired" his "ex boss" who is probably a friend he enlisted to tell Amber he actually had a job when he didn't. Amber probably never leaves her house to go see the progress of the renovations so Matt just tells her he needs so much money, she writes a check and he does whatever he wants with the money. If TM comes to an end I GUARANTEE Matt will hit the  road. Wasn't it reported that he already cheated on her and that he was trying to catfish his next victim (another reality star or someone famous? He's probably saving the money he's stealing from Amber for when he dumps her.  Amber is not very bright. I would feel sorry for her but then I think of how she's treated Leah, how she beat on Gary and never took responsibility and how she didn't seek help once she got out of prison and think nah she deserves everything she gets. When she's broke and alone maybe she will revaluate her priorities in life and finally make Leah one.

No sympathy for her here. You get what you pay for. Amber wants someone who is going to enable every bad decision she makes and never call her out on anything. No one with integrity or a genuine interest in her well being is going to do that. Educated, well intentioned responsible people can still make errors in judgment and the people that are close to them point it out, not because they enjoy being critical but because they are worried about that person suffering bad consequences. Anybody that truly cared about Amber would be encouraging her to get counseling, get a job, get a money manager, maybe take a parenting class, etc. If Amber is going to dismiss those people as "haters" then she is doomed to be around people who only want something out of her and don't care about her as a person.

• Love 5

Matt is a scam artist and will leave Amber broke and tearful but... I do believe there is one positive: he's helping Amber become more business-oriented. Without Matt, she would not have the flipping business. It's going to end in flames, but she'll learn from this and hopefully keep on going.

I totally agree but at the same time it's hard watching someone's naivete get torn apart. It happens to all of us, but it's still sad to watch. If it motivates her to get off the couch and do something I think that's good though.

ETA: hadn't really thought about the fact that maybe she's just writing her checks from the couch and still not going anywhere.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 1

Amber is not going to learn a thing.  Matt will steal all her money and then leave.  He might even claim physical abuse, because of her history.  As a con man, Matt has about a million different ways to screw Amber.

She will cry "why me...why does everything bad happen to me' and then blame the circumstance for using again.  She will take no responsibility for any of her actions or decisions.

A giant WORD to this whole post.  This is exactly what is happening.

You might be asking what does Matt bring to the table for Amber to risk all this for him, besides his awesome "if Rick Moranis was homeless" good looks?"  He allows her to stay in bed all day, while he takes care of Leah and "supposedly does all the work". 

This is how he will gain access to her finances and control her life.  Soon, they probably will have a joint checking account in the name of the "business" and he won't even have to ask her for money.

• Love 11

Amber is not going to learn a thing. Matt will steal all her money and then leave. He might even claim physical abuse, because of her history. As a con man, Matt has about a million different ways to screw Amber.

She will cry "why me...why does everything bad happen to me' and then blame the circumstance for using again. She will take no responsibility for any of her actions or decisions.

A giant WORD to this whole post. This is exactly what is happening.

You might be asking what does Matt bring to the table for Amber to risk all this for him, besides his awesome "if Rick Moranis was homeless" good looks?" He allows her to stay in bed all day, while he takes care of Leah and "supposedly does all the work".

This is how he will gain access to her finances and control her life. Soon, they probably will have a joint checking account in the name of the "business" and he won't even have to ask her for money.

------

As lazy and bull headed as Amber is, I am pretty sure all of the above is already happening!

I firmly believe people can change, but Matt just keeps lying not changing.

• Love 5

Amber is not going to learn a thing.  Matt will steal all her money and then leave.  He might even claim physical abuse, because of her history.  As a con man, Matt has about a million different ways to screw Amber.

She will cry "why me...why does everything bad happen to me' and then blame the circumstance for using again.  She will take no responsibility for any of her actions or decisions.

You might be asking what does Matt bring to the table for Amber to risk all this for him, besides his awesome "if Rick Moranis was homeless" good looks?"  He allows her to stay in bed all day, while he takes care of Leah and "supposedly does all the work". 

Yeah, Amber, Jenelle, and Farrah all have such limited options when it comes to romantic partners just by being who they are. Any guy that wants to date any winner in this trifecta gets a side eye from me. At absolute best, they can attract famewhores and mooches willing to sacrifice their dignity for a couple thousand bucks and Z list fame. I am just hoping for their kids' sakes that these are the worst people they attract. Amber and Jenelle would both be a child molester's wet dream. An oblivious, easily manipulated mother with young kids? Scary.

• Love 5

Snooki and her husband have a house flipping show on the FYI network called "Shore Flip" so maybe we'll get a Matt & Amber spinoff.

I saw a promo for this during the show where they were talking to the lady about flipping, figured Amber and Matt had heard about it it too, and decided they could also have a house flipping show..but with the sober living twist!

Any ideas about the name of her business?

Dumb and Dumber.

You might be asking what does Matt bring to the table for Amber to risk all this for him,

He brings his dick to her bed. Amber is clearly in need of dick much like Leah Messer. Amber has had guys in and out of her life over the seasons. She introduced them to her child the first time they visited her. Amber has a void in her life and that is likely a father figure. We know she had a dad who was an alcoholic. Her upbringing is a breeding ground for this kind of behavior where a young girl turns to the first guy who gives her attention. Amber was deeply hurt at Gary having dumped her. She thought they were getting back together. Another loss for her from a male figure. She can't be alone because to her that is a lonely existence. it is extremely sad because she has Leah in her life. As long as Leah is alive, Amber won't be alone except she is doing to Leah what her own parents did to her. The cycle continues. At least Gary and Kristina are there for Leah.

• Love 3

Every time I see Leah it saddens me.  That awesome kid does not deserve such crappy parents.

Her Father is eating his way to an early death.

Her mother is Amber...nothing more needs to be said.

Worst...her stepfather is probably going to be Matt.

• Love 6

I'm not going to assume that Amber is all that appalled at Matt's secret past. I think she's embarrassed about how it was revealed, but I'd bet money she's way more upset about looking dumb than dating a bad person. Plus, I don't know how to say this gently so...AMBER'S NOT A GOOD PERSON EITHER! What's she gonna say, "At least I only abandoned one kid"?

Matt makes Amber look good, and when she's done with him, she will get sympathy and support. Without Matt, her fans might see her flaws.

• Love 2

Matt makes Amber look good, and when she's done with him, she will get sympathy and support. Without Matt, her fans might see her flaws.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Amber falls into a life long pattern of dating horrible people so she can feel better about herself. I always got the feeling she felt like she was out of Gary's league and he should be grateful just to be with her and now Matt who has no job, no money of his own, and is a deadbeat dad. I have my suspicions that she sort of likes feeling the victim of her latest boyfriend.

• Love 5

Amber just likes playing victim, period.  It absolves her of taking any responsibility for her actions.  Life happens to her (in between sleeping in her bed and laying on the couch) and she has no control.

Sadly, the true victim here is Leah.

• Love 3

It's official:Another mother comes forward, bringing Matt's deadbeat dad score up to 8 Neglected Children.

Ugh. But as long as he waits till they're 18 to admit they're his kids they don't count right? Or did I misunderstand his little video where he only claimed the older ones? So sad. Those poor kids, I hope they have had decent moms.

• Love 2

It's official:Another mother comes forward, bringing Matt's deadbeat dad score up to 8 Neglected Children.

It used to be that I checked the Kim Richards' thread in the RHoBH forum to see what shit has gone down with her, either personal or legal. I'd then check the Leah Messer thread for the same reasons. I'd be expecting to read a one of them, or both, have overdosed or died somehow. Now, I come to the Amber thread wondering if a new female has come forward with claims of a baby Matt had fathered. I thought we were up to nine children by now? After seven I guess it doesn't matter. Having one child that is not receiving support is bad enough. Really, are we surprised? Just wait until the next one comes forward.

It is pretty pathetic to read the article about Ms. Nunn and how she describes how she and Matt decided to have a baby. Matt insisted she have his baby within weeks of dating, and she says, "Ok."?  For fucks sake!

You see, these young girls on TM are no different than a lot of the adult females out there - they have shit for brains when it comes to having babies with losers.

Matt is a scam artist and will leave Amber broke and tearful but... I do believe there is one positive: he's helping Amber become more business-oriented.

The blind leading the blind is more like it. Matt has no business sense himself. The loser has no job. He is a scammer. There is nothing he can teach Amber except a damn lesson when he leaves her high and dry. Also, one has to get up off the couch in order to run a business.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

Yeah, I firmly believe that Matt and his "x boss" have a plan to get as much as they can from Amber.

It makes no sense that this guy would up and move to bum fuck Indiana just to go into business with these two. They are planning something, I'd bet money.

I agree with the poster who said that Amber probably thinks she'll get a house flipping show.

• Love 2

Huh.  amber-portwood-fiance-teen-mom-og-splits-from-matthew-baier-2016-breakup-video.htm

Not as juicy as the title, but interesting tidbits nonetheless.

With receipts

Minding these girls' business has been a great procrastination to actually doing my own work. But alas, it's time, as there are no MTeeVee checks for me. :/

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 6

Even if it comes out that HALF of the kids don't belong to Matt,  I need for Amber to tell me why at 20something she feels to be attached to somebody with that many damn kids. WHY?  I don't know why these chicks define their worth by having a man.

What's that song?  10% of something beats 100% of nothing at all.

• Love 1

I really REALLY hope she is done with him. Maybe I'm totally naive, but I hope this can be the step towards some growth and maturity for her. If she doesn't have anyone to rely on, maybe she will finally gain some confidence in herself and start acting more responsible. 

• Love 3

Huh.  amber-portwood-fiance-teen-mom-og-splits-from-matthew-baier-2016-breakup-video.htm

Not as juicy as the title, but interesting tidbits nonetheless.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this. I am, too, curious about why does she insist being with him despite all those kids? How come she didn't convince him to work on better relationships with them? Yeah, it's his past, but he's isn't a better version than the one in the past.It's like - they are all pretty grown up, what are you gonna do. I know it all sounds ridiculous, because she wasn't around Leah, so she doesn't get it and think it's fine.

As for her being smart (I mentioned in some other topic), the way she talked about Farrah's porn, like how she can't throw stones because of her addiction, to me, that was a smart and fair answer. She sounded mature then, but obviously when it comes to her own well being, she's clueless.

Also, Matt saying that he has a great relationship with Leah - GO AND HAVE THAT WITH YOUR KIDS, YOU DOUCHE!! Not to mention having the nerve to call Gary a bad person for revealing it. His way wasn't cool, I admit, but at least he didn't abandon his kids, no matter how bad he can be.

• Love 4

As soon as I saw the episode about Matt's kids and saw Amber upset, the first thought was, this is not going to end well, and she is going to go back to using because of it.

Again...why they tell you to avoid relationships in early recovery.

I honestly hope she proves me wrong.

• Love 5

Maybe it's not an official break up...yet. This is her pattern though, so I think maybe if they are still/back together it's a crack that indicates there will be an end. As much as I love snarking, if Amber will just end things with Matt I pledge to forgo any snark related to it, no "I told you so" or "how could she not do it sooner"... She just needs to cut ties... I know she really doesn't care how I feel, but I will be a variable love fest if she will break up with him.

• Love 3

Maybe it's not an official break up...yet. This is her pattern though, so I think maybe if they are still/back together it's a crack that indicates there will be an end. As much as I love snarking, if Amber will just end things with Matt I pledge to forgo any snark related to it, no "I told you so" or "how could she not do it sooner"... She just needs to cut ties... I know she really doesn't care how I feel, but I will be a variable love fest if she will break up with him.

I agree with you, especially with the last part. Everybody makes mistakes, one kind or the other. The most important thing right now is that she cuts all connections to him. I don't care if she figured it out later or not, as long as she does it before the wedding. I wonder how I'll feel on Monday watching the finale since I find him more disturbing than ever and feel very creeped out by him when he's on the screen.

• Love 2