Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

The tally is up to 9 alleged children. At what point in his life does he say to himself, "Gee, if I'm not going to use condoms, maybe I should just have a vasectomy?!"

I have empathy for Amber in this situation. Matt preyed on her, along with other reality tv dummies. She needs to tell him to get his bags of nothing and go back to Boston.

• Love 3

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/iyanla-why-men-have-children-with-different-women_n_5922686.htm

Found this interesting with the Amber and Matt conflict going on.

Wonder if Mtv will try to get a Catfish and TeenMom Og crossover show?

A crossover with Iyanla would probably be more beneficial to Amber's thick skulled ass. Her life needs fixing.

I think she's too far in to admit she was taken.  She can't let this fail.  She's gotten in too many faces and shouted too loudly about how good her man Matt is.  She can't let all the naysayers be right.  That's way too much egg for one face.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 7

What could she "reveal" about Gary?  Besides his obvious health issues, he seems like a simple guy without skeletons in his closet.

Especially since she signed over custody to him prior to going to prison. Any issues she might have about him or any skeletons she can pull out of his closet should have been considered back then, not now. She had no qualms about Gary caring for their daughter while she was in prison and I do remember her saying in at least two interviews (Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew) how Gary is a great guy, a great dad and how she respects him. What the fuck has changed suddenly? Oh, that's right. Matt entered the picture and is mentally fucking with her.

Forget for a moment about the 9 alleged children. Just imagine how many addicts Matt has hooked up with. Imagine how many non-addicts he hooked up with. Imagine all those females including the ones who didn't get knocked up. Now, my question is, has he or Amber ever been tested for any sexual diseases, HIV or AIDs? Rhetorical question.

• Love 4

Has Amber ever expressed if she was done having children?  She's only 23 and she has quite a few fertile years left.  Does she see MIA Matt as the kind of father she would want for her children?  Is he the type of man she wants to model a future son after?  Is he the type of man she would want Leah to date?  Perhaps she's one of these stupid women that think Oh, he left that woman, but he would never leave me and my kid.

I wonder if she considered any of that.

• Love 4

Especially since she signed over custody to him prior to going to prison. Any issues she might have about him or any skeletons she can pull out of his closet should have been considered back then, not now. She had no qualms about Gary caring for their daughter while she was in prison and I do remember her saying in at least two interviews (Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew) how Gary is a great guy, a great dad and how she respects him. What the fuck has changed suddenly? Oh, that's right. Matt entered the picture and is mentally fucking with her.

Forget for a moment about the 9 alleged children. Just imagine how many addicts Matt has hooked up with. Imagine how many non-addicts he hooked up with. Imagine all those females including the ones who didn't get knocked up. Now, my question is, has he or Amber ever been tested for any sexual diseases, HIV or AIDs? Rhetorical question.

The 2 women speaking out have stated they never knew or heard about him being an addict. Sounds like it was his way to get close to Amber, but who knows what the the truth is. And yes he must have had tons of partners. Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 5

The 2 women speaking out have stated they never knew or heard about him being an addict. Sounds like it was his way to get close to Amber, but who knows what the the truth is. And yes he must have had tons of partners.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not an addict and just made that up for Amber. There's always been something about him that doesn't really read druggie to me, at least not to a serious level. I'm sure he's done drugs before, but to a rehab point? Not so sure about that. You never know and it could have been a long time ago, but Matt has never read "addict" to me as much as "manipulative con man".

• Love 6

Has Amber ever expressed if she was done having children?  She's only 23 and she has quite a few fertile years left.  Does she see MIA Matt as the kind of father she would want for her children?  Is he the type of man she wants to model a future son after?  Is he the type of man she would want Leah to date?  Perhaps she's one of these stupid women that think Oh, he left that woman, but he would never leave me and my kid.

I wonder if she considered any of that.

I think 1 or 2 episodes ago when her trashy cousin was talking about being pregnant again Amber said she was on Depo, and didn't want to have any more kids for a few years. Depo is pretty hard to screw up as a birth control method (unless you're Leah from TM2) and it's supposed to delay fertility once you get off it so hopefully a Matt/Amber spawn will never come to be. But maybe I'm being optimistic, as I'm also banking on them not making it to the alter at all. 

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not an addict and just made that up for Amber. There's always been something about him that doesn't really read druggie to me, at least not to a serious level. I'm sure he's done drugs before, but to a rehab point? Not so sure about that. You never know and it could have been a long time ago, but Matt has never read "addict" to me as much as "manipulative con man".

I think you guys are on to something here, was it here that I read about the book Matt wrote about child abuse or molestation? His girlfriend at the time worked with abused or molested children or something and Matt claimed to have also gone through that in his childhood and wrote a book under a pseudonym about a child in a similar situation to work through his feelings. I can't seem to find this information again, not sure where I saw it now.

Does he find out his victim's sob stories and use them to make up stories about himself to start their "bond?" Ew, gross.

• Love 4

Dear Amber,

Many women - lots of whom are far more sophisticated, educated, and worldly than you - have been taken in by a conman because they were vulnerable and desperate for love. Heck, it sounds like even many women were taken in by Matt before you. Your father had just died and you were pretty fresh from prison when Matt latched on to you. You're not stupid for falling for it and for wanting love. It's happened to plenty of other women. However, you are acting stupid if you continue to let him leech off of you now that you know the truth.

• Love 9

The tally is up to 9 alleged children. At what point in his life does he say to himself, "Gee, if I'm not going to use

condoms, maybe I should just have a vasectomy?!"

Matt doesn't use condoms, obviously. There's a whole bunch of women out there who agreed to have unsafe sex with this serial impregnator. I hope Amber's birth control is up-to-date, cuz this guy clearly thinks his sperm is too special to waste. At this rate, they could all band together and do a class action suit.

If both of these two are recovering addicts, why no twelve-step meetings? Why no coffee dates with their sponsors? 

• Love 1

Wasn't he confronted about drinking at some point?  I realize that not all addicts are the same, but it would seem beneficial for a drug addict to avoid drinking, and vice versa.  I seem to recall Matt drinking on camera at some point, someone saying something to him, and him giving some BS response.  Did I dream that?

OH wow

The hits keep coming. Get your popcorn and have a seat.

http://starcasm.net/archives/341110

God this is just getting creepier and creepier. Amber is about to end up on that Investigation Discovery show "Who the bleep did I marry". From the sounds of it Matt is a master manipulator and Amber is both spineless and vulnerable so I'm sure he'll be able to explain all of this away. She won't wise up until it's too late. I like that the lady tweeted to Nev from Catfish about Matt's many identities. I'd love to see a crossover. 

• Love 5

Wow.... okay, Amber, you can't ignore all of this.  There is no way he can explain away court cases for several children, random nice and normal women coming forward to say he conned them, etc.  

I just don't get how he thought he could hide all of this while on national tv???

Edited by alexa
  • Love 6

Matt is approaching Bill Cosby territory with all of these revelations from women across the Country.  In the Starcasm comments, another woman said he told her that he was a professional poker player and MIT graduate.  Run Amber Run.  Your daughter shouldn't be exposed to this con man.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 2

At this point, Mattand Amber are providing a service to the community. They are the living example of why you don't get into relationships in early recovery...why you go to meetings and stop using all substances, even alcohol. Me, to future sponsee: "it might seem like a good idea to go on a blind date, but you might wind up like Matt and Amber!"

Edited by Elizabeth9
  • Love 5

Still delusional:

Amber Portwood ‏@AmberLPortwood 10 hours ago
After the truth comes out in the next couple weeks I want everyone who ever doubted Matt to apolgize..that's all I can say right now..love

Amber Portwood ‏@AmberLPortwood  10 hours ago
I love when I'm doubted..It's just more motivation to keep moving forward. After everything I've been through this is just another test.

https://twitter.com/AmberLPortwood

• Love 2
I wonder what his excuse to explain that situation will be?

Matt will probably explain that all the women were hired by Gary, because everyone is jealous of their love.

What I hate about Amber, is that she never takes Leah's well being into account.  It does not occur to her that this is a dangerous man to bring around her daughter.  Not only that, it sees that when Leah is at her house, Matt is the primary care taker.  Mark my words, the man would take advantage of that situation in a heartbeat.

God Amber, you are a selfish stupid pig.  Is being right and showing up Gary/Christina really worth putting your daughter in jeopardy?

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6

I don't know why, but I'm really appealed and horrified by this whole situation. Maybe because she's close to my age, I don't know. It's like watching a movie and you're yelling at the main character to be careful, because the nemesis is closer than he/she thinks!

I think she was more hurt by the way Gary told her and not about the information. It was priceless when Matt didn't react at all in the car after they dropped off Leah. He was like - your first reaction was disbelief, so I think my job is done here, I don't have to come up with anything.

It was hilarious when he yelled afterwards about getting out of his house. Please, Matt, do feel at home. I just don't get how sometimes Amber can be, to some degree, mature about other situations (Farrah and other people's situations), but be in full denial about her own. I think she was on to something when they argued in the house and we only heard it. His mind game was on full display then and it seemed like she wasn't having it. I guess he succeeded in deceiving her. I'm saddened that to her it's more important that she's right and not put to shame in this situation rather than dumping him and admitting that she misjudged him. I really fear for her, not to mention Leah's sake. He was sketchy from the start and the new information just made me more disgusted.

• Love 7

Still delusional:

After the truth comes out in the next couple weeks I want everyone who ever doubted Matt to apolgize..that's all I can say right now..love

I love when I'm doubted..It's just more motivation to keep moving forward. After everything I've been through this is just another test.

Oh Amber. The only "test" your relationship is being put through is a paternity test.

I hope she doesn't marry this guy and have baby #10. They'll give it an "X" name.

• Love 4

Matt (Grey Baker) is interviewed about his book on Blog Talk Radio seven years ago.  It is an hour-long interview. 

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theoddmind/2008/05/12/author-grey-baker-will-discuss-his-new-book

"Guys Don't Rat on Guys is his new book. About to be in a store near you. Grey Baker was born and raised in Boston Massachusetts. He spent many years as a broadcaster, traveling all across the country as a popular morning radio personality. After retiring from radio he is now living his dream as an author. When he isn't writing he is spending time with his two kids, and is an advocate for abused and exploited children. If there is any time left in the day Grey likes working out at the gym."

• Love 2

For awhile I was referring to Matt as John Walton, then he upgraded to Johnny Gosselin 2, now I can only come up with The Old Man Who Lived in a Shoe.  

I hope Amber dumps him.  She'd be better off writing to guys in prison.  At least their living expenses are covered.

• Love 5

Oh Amber. The only "test" your relationship is being put through is a paternity test.

I hope she doesn't marry this guy and have baby #10. They'll give it an "X" name.

After all the bed mates each one of them has had it would be smart for them to have an AIDs test.

Did I hear Amber correctly when she was talking in the after-show about Matt only having one CD in his possession? How is it a DJ only has ONE cd? Such a metaphor there. Matt plays the same record over and over.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
What I hate about Amber, is that she never takes Leah's well being into account.  It does not occur to her that this is a dangerous man to bring around her daughter.  Not only that, it sees that when Leah is at her house, Matt is the primary care taker.  Mark my words, the man would take advantage of that situation in a heartbeat.

Agreed. The fact that he was trying to worm his way into the life of a woman who was a strong advocate for victims of sexual predators scares me. A lot. Why pick that particular woman??? Is this a cause he really cares about? Did he think she'd be most trusting and vulnerable? Did he perhaps want to get close to kids she was working with? I know that may seem like a big leap, but he's really really starting to squick me out. We know he intentionally sought out Teen Moms. He tried to "talk" to a few of the other girls too, right? Was it the fame? Or the fact that they have young kids? 

I don't know...I was molested as a girl and I do tend to be overly suspicious of men, in general, I can't help it. But this guy has my red flag waving HIGH. 

Did I hear Amber correctly when she was talking in the after-show about Matt only having one CD in his possession? How is it a DJ only has ONE cd? Such a metaphor there. Matt plays the same record over and over.

I had that EXACT SAME thought. Very suspect indeed. Didn't he initially hang a bunch of records on her walls? But here she is, talking like he's not a big music fan. What???

• Love 4

The fact that he was trying to worm his way into the life of a woman who was a strong advocate for victims of sexual predators scares me. A lot. Why pick that particular woman??? Is this a cause he really cares about? Did he think she'd be most trusting and vulnerable?

Don't forget, Matt tried, unsuccessfully, to latch onto the other Teen Moms such as Jenelle and Farrah. Amber was the only stupid one to not see him for what he is - a scumbag. When Jenelle doesn't respond to Matt, that says something. Matt was seeking to hook-up with any one of these girls.

I had that EXACT SAME thought. Very suspect indeed. Didn't he initially hang a bunch of records on her walls? But here she is, talking like he's not a big music fan. What???

LOL Glad to know I heard her say that. I thought I was hearing things. I wonder if he ever got that check in the mail he was waiting for? lol

• Love 5

The problem is, there are all these BIG ASS RED FLAGS she should be paying attention to, but instead she's brushing them off as "that was the person he used to be. I love who he is now. I made mistakes too, we're the same." Uh, no. You made a couple of mistakes as a teen and young kid. This man is has 30+ years of "bad decisions" on you. Those aren't mistakes anymore, sweetie, that's a fucking LIFESTYLE.

• Love 17

I'm not going to assume that Amber is all that appalled at Matt's secret past. I think she's embarrassed about how it was revealed, but I'd bet money she's way more upset about looking dumb than dating a bad person. Plus, I don't know how to say this gently so...AMBER'S NOT A GOOD PERSON EITHER! What's she gonna say, "At least I only abandoned one kid"? "When I threaten violence toward people that point out my flaws at least I follow through with a slap to the face"? "At least I already had a judge forcibly garnish my wages when I refused to support my kid"?

• Love 6

You know what? I've decided I'm not done bitching about Amber yet. When you go to AA or NA, one of the first things they tell you is that alcohol and/or drugs is "but a symptom of the problem." That means, quit- and then work on all your shit. Following the 12 steps takes care of things in an orderly way.

Amber thinks because she's not using pills that she's just done what she needs to, and nothing could be further from the truth. The truth is, she's either too lazy or too scared to do the real work. That's why she ended up in such an emotional place that a guy like Matt even had a chance.

It's too late now. She's completely hooked into this bullshit. And drinking. How do these two people even look in the mirror and believe, I can run a sober living facility! They're fucking delusional.

• Love 7

She should have ran a $25 internet background check on Matt right after he punched a hole in the Vegas hotel room wall.

Or the year she was chatting it up with him on social media before she actually, you know, met him in person. smdh

Amber thinks because she's not using pills that she's just done what she needs to, and nothing could be further from the truth.

Yes, exactly. I think she latched onto that novel excuse after she grew tired of the other excuse about how everyone around her hasn't changed their ways. Amber admitted she was a drug user since the age of 13 years old. She is still mentally that age. Word to your entire post, BTW.

I'm not going to assume that Amber is all that appalled at Matt's secret past. I think she's embarrassed about how it was revealed, but I'd bet money she's way more upset about looking dumb than dating a bad person. Plus, I don't know how to say this gently so...AMBER'S NOT A GOOD PERSON EITHER! What's she gonna say, "At least I only abandoned one kid"? "When I threaten violence toward people that point out my flaws at least I follow through with a slap to the face"? "At least I already had a judge forcibly garnish my wages when I refused to support my kid"?

Did she have her MTV check garnished? Last I remember, Gary was spouting how Amber has missed several payments of child support.

Yeah, she is not a good person either, but at least Matt had Amber's scorecard when he began stalking her. He knew all about her and her mistakes. We all do. Matt wasn't upfront about his past.

This storyline is confusing because it came out during filming, is playing out in real life, but yet there isn't much happening with it right now.  Amber is obviously in denial, Matt is waiting for his court case, and in the meantime, isn't Gary a bit worried about Leah spending nights at Amber's house with a conman?  I am wondering if he has tried or is able to limit Amber's time with Leah even more due to the Matt situation.  Or if the courts don't care about that kind of thing?  

I just don't get how it just goes on like nothing happened when the reality is this is a big deal.  if it was just Amber it would be fine, but she has her daughter with someone she knows/knew little about.

• Love 2

Still delusional:

Amber Portwood ‏@AmberLPortwood  10 hours ago

LMAO.  Farrah levels of delusion.

• Love 4

I think she's too far in to admit she was taken.  She can't let this fail.  She's gotten in too many faces and shouted too loudly about how good her man Matt is.  She can't let all the naysayers be right.  That's way too much egg for one face.

Yep, sadly that's how she sees it.  But in all honesty, if she did break up with him, the whole freaking internet would be cheering for her and be telling her she's smart, strong, etc.  It would be the opposite of what she thinks.

• Love 4

I just don't get how sometimes Amber can be, to some degree, mature about other situations (Farrah and other people's situations), but be in full denial about her own.

So true!  Underneath all her anger and justifying and all her other faults, she really is a smart girl.  She could have a good head on her shoulders, she just gets in her own way.  I think her need to have a man, need to be loved, daddy issues, whatever - all of that clouds how she sees her own situations.  But she is very intuitive and astute when discussing others' situations.  She fascinates me on the after-show when she seems so "normal" - it's like a different girl than on the show.  

I hope her brother that she loves so much and looks up to can knock some sense into her about Matt.  I doubt she'll listen to her mother (and I don't blame her), but maybe her brother could get through to her.  

I wonder if Gary would have any legal standing to keep Leah away from Matt?  Or at least not have her be alone with Matt?  Probably not feasible (Amber/Matt would just lie and say Amber is always in the room with them), but if I was Gary I'd be freaking out after reading the latest story from Judy Cornett.  It's one thing to just have an "icky feeling" about him, but the story that he picked up his life and moved across the country to work with a random lady in her child sexual abuse organization is downright scary.  It's one thing to prey on reality stars to hope you'll get famous on tv, but his interest in a child sex abuse group is on another level.

• Love 6

Yep, sadly that's how she sees it. But in all honesty, if she did break up with him, the whole freaking internet would be cheering for her and be telling her she's smart, strong, etc. It would be the opposite of what she thinks.

Amber really believes he's changed, she thinks this is all in his past, and because she's not sober, only hangs with people from her past, & never went to a real treatment facility, & refuses to go to N/A or A/A, or any real therapy, or made any real changes in her behaviors, she is very easy for this man to manipulate. He's going to show up for his court cases and Amber is going to start paying off his fines, and she'll scream see he's changed, and Matt will be smirking and giggling that she is so dumb, while looking for his next victim, because he will get bored and want more, especially when the cameras go away.

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 2

Yep, sadly that's how she sees it.  But in all honesty, if she did break up with him, the whole freaking internet would be cheering for her and be telling her she's smart, strong, etc.  It would be the opposite of what she thinks.

But that's the thing, though - wouldn't she be brave and strong to do so, after all? She would show how it's not about being right, but more putting her daughter's and then her own security first. Thinking like a mother for a change. She would show that she isn't a hard-headed, prideful person that will go through the wall with her head at all costs.

I'm surprised at her not thinking like this - what does the women that don't even watch Teen Mom have out all of this? She should have been alarmed by now, at least with the last story. I think the problem is that she really believes his addict story and that's the core of the problem and the thing that covers everything up.

One last thing that I'm fighting but still can't stress enough - What does a grown man have to do with someone who can be his daughter? Even looking beyond his age, not having a job, stability and a perspective in life are some serious issues. I'm appalled by the fact that she thinks that his age is connected with maturity automatically. He shouldn't be considered for any type of contact, not to mention thinking that he's the marrying type!

Edited by EuropeanGirl
  • Love 2

Hi all! I'm a long time lurker and this is my first post. I just HAD to create an account to post what I read on another site I frequent. If I'm breaking any rules or if this should be posted in another thread, please let me know!

Background on Matt from https://www.reddit.com/r/teenmom/comments/446sxz/a_timeline_of_matt/
10/14/91 [ND] Matt (20 years old) is charged by the state with bouncing a check. Warrant issued.
10/28/91 [ND] Matt pleads guilty for hunting off-trail and is assessed a fine. If only this was his only record!
10/28/91 [ND] Matt gets charged for “non-sufficient funds without an account.” Not paying his fine?
11/15/91 [ND] S. files for child support against Matt, who demonstrates his skill at avoiding court summons for the first time. Most of the court record is trying to get him served with papers.
04/29/92 [ND] S. files for divorce.
10/23/92 [ND] Matt charged with driving under the influence.
10/27/92 [ND] Matt charged with driving without insurance.
02/02/93 [ND] First record of Matt owing First National Bank of North Dakota $2,114.
02/24/93 [ND] Matt still owes the $2,114.
02/27/93 [ND] Matt gets nabbed by collections, owes money to United Accounts Inc. Unpaid credit card, maybe?
08/22/94 [ND] Matt charged with “simple assault.” Misdemeanor.
03/15/95 [ND] Matt and C. in court: “Summons and Complaint in Forcible Detainer.” Plaintiff is Multiple Dwelling Management. Seems like another housing/eviction issue?
04/03/95 [ND] S. opens child support cast against Matt.
04/11/95 [ND] Judgment by the state against Matt for “non-sufficient funds.”
05/20/96 [MN] S. opens child support case against Matt, who has moved to MN.
11/21/96 [MN] Judgment against Matt for $2,114 owed to First National Bank of North Dakota, who still haven’t gotten their money more than three years later!
07/24/97 [MN] Judgment against Matt and M. for eviction.
06/04/98 [MN] J. petitions Matt for a dissolution of marriage without child.
09/14/98 [MN] Judgment against Matt and M. for what seems to be a separate eviction. Dates overlap with this J. case, so...who knows what was going on there.
10/09/98 [MN] Judgment against Matt for $364 owed to the Minnesota Parks and Recreation Board.
09/16/99 [MN] Conciliation between M. and Matt, now 28 years old, and a third party. Doesn’t seem to be related to either eviction? Could be some other conflict.
10/08/99 [ND] Dealings with court over child support for S.
01/27/05 [MT] Missoula’s newspaper runs a story about how Matt “The Big Mattress” Baier just up and disappeared from Montana! “Whether he was gracing or tainting Missoula’s airwaves, ‘Matt was a great entertainer,’ Richards says. He was also polarizing. ‘You either loved him or hated him,’ he says.”
http://missoulanews.bigskypress.com/missoula/mattress-tossed/Content?oid=1136215
05/13/08 Matt publishes his “child abuse fanfiction” Guys Don’t Rat on Guys.
05/20/08 Matt and Judy Cornett are photographed together at a rally.
08/14/09 [iN] Amber charged with domestic battery against Gary.
12/08/09 [MN] Conciliation between Matt and E. Matt is the plaintiff in this one!
12/06/11 [iN] Amber charged with drug possession.
03/23/12 [MN] Matt and E. have legal dealings again. E. owes Matt $2,580.
02/08/14 Matt is crazy-tweeting about how beautiful Jenelle is and how desperate for Twitter followers Farrah is.
04/24/14 Matt makes his racist tweets about how he hopes Jenelle has a black baby.
10/23/14 Matt and Amber get matching “true love” tattoos. This is eight months after he started hitting up all the Teen Moms on Twitter! Where does “we were friends for six months” fit in here? Did his racist tweets six months ago bring them together?
11/06/14 Amber tweets a picture of Matt’s giant tattoo of her name, which he “surprised” her with. (The article where I found this info has a comment from Judy from this week!)
03/02/15 Amber confirms that she is engaged to Matt.
04/17/15 Amber says that Matt cheated on her, although she’s deleted the original tweet.
04/27/15 The episode where Amber introduces Matt to the MTV crew airs.
10/02/15 [iN] C., K., S., S.M., and M. all open child support cases against Matt.

Edited by jell bird
  • Love 13

I wonder if Gary would have any legal standing to keep Leah away from Matt?  Or at least not have her be alone with Matt?  

It's very VERY hard to try and get custody reduced or have a supervised situation due to this.

I have a friend who is married and they have primary custody of her husband's daughter.  The bio mom is a mess, goes from guy to guy, is currently married to a guy who has documented cases of domestic abuse on other women, his previous wife basically ran and hid from him but i think she's still not legally able to keep their son away from him.  Bio mom gets every other weekend visitation.  My friend and her husband have had an on-going case for probably the past year trying to make it so bio mom's husband can not be around their daughter, or maybe they're even trying to take the visitations away. 

Not entirely sure but I know it's very very hard for them to prove the case even with my friend being in contact with the guy's ex-wife.  I think in the end they will be successful but it has taken a lot of work to get to this point, I think they have their court case soon.

Unless we just didn't see it, and it wasn't mentioned that I know of, I have always thought Amber's first weeks of visits with Leah should have been supervised.

Now here's Matt, who imo, should always be supervised while Leah is in Amber's care. Not by Amber, because the view from her bed doesn't allow that.

I have to wonder what is going on with this mess in real time.

• Love 3

I am wondering if he has tried or is able to limit Amber's time with Leah even more due to the Matt situation.  Or if the courts don't care about that kind of thing?

Sadly the answer is NO. Basically unless Matt physically or sexually abuses Leah (I cringe as I type this) the court will do nothing. They don't care about his past, don't care that he's a creeper. I have relatives involved in an abuse and neglect case (his daughter his wife's stepdaughter) against the child's mother. Basically child's mom was dating a sex offender who was a teacher and kidnapped and raped one of his students (13 year old) and for whatever fucked up reason he was let out on bond (with a no contact order with any minors) . Daughter's nitwit mother didn't believe he was guilty of the crime (he was awaiting trial at the time and now is serving 30 years in prison) she let this guy move in with her and baby sit her 4 year old daughter while she was at work. LUCKILY he didn't abuse  her but he did get high and pass out and the little girl got out of the house and was found wandering around about a half hour away. She was immediately placed with her father and his wife and almost two years later the case is still not settled. But mommy dearest is dating ANOTHER sex offender!!! And the court STILL will not terminate her rights and she is allowed to see her daughter.  The judge in the case set a no contact order between her and the newest sex offender boyfriend, she was caught on tape grocery shopping with him, this was presented to the judge and the idiot judge gave her another chance because she "is trying" . um yeah.

So basically, no judge is going to tell Amber that she can't see Leah because she's dating a creepy guy who owes child support. But if I were gary I would be VERY concerned. 

How long was Amber in jail for? The scene where she and Krystal berate Leah for saying "my parents" in reference to Kristina and Gary made me stabby.  Amber honey, Kristina is more a of a mother to Leah that you EVER were and you sure aren't gaining any ground or making up for being MIA in Leah's life for 3 or 4 years (However long she was in jail) by sleeping in til noon the ONE day a week you see your daughter. If I were Leah I would call Kristina and Gary "my parents" too

• Love 5