Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

So based on the last episode (finale) am I understanding it correctly that Amber hasn't been paying child support this whole time?

That's what I got. And I'm thinking she should have been paying all this time since she got out of jail. Also acted as if it was some sacrifice she pay the main caretaker of her child some money. Perish the thought.

• Love 4

It was mentioned about two seasons ago that Amber had not been paying child support. Some of us had brought it up every now and then throughout the seasons. It is likely one of the reasons why Amber did not say much to Matt about his lack of paying for his kids'.

• Love 6

Now we see they attraction between Amber and Matt. They really connect on a bum bitch level. They both believe they aren't responsible for feeding the children they created and then patting themselves on the back for being evolved individuals.

Amber feels paying child support to Gary is paying to see her kid? No bitch, paying Gary is to insure your kid eats. I guess she feels Kristina is also responsible for feeding and clothing Leah? Amber is so deep in the bullshit Matt blows up her ass, she doesn't even realize the crap she's spewing.

• Love 12

Gary Shirley ‏@ItsGaryTime

Plz know anytime amber wants to come see Leah she can. I'm not the one who moved and hour away. She's doesn't come half time on her time.

Amber Portwood

Amber Portwood – Verified account ‏@AmberLPortwood

@ItsGaryTime don't be on here saying a bunch of lies because you make yourself look like an asshole..

12:40 AM - 23 Feb 2016

K to @ItsGaryTime

Replies

Amber Portwood

6h6 hours ago

Amber Portwood ‏@AmberLPortwood

@ItsGaryTime wtf? I come every single time and if there's something happening I always come next day..what an ignorant liar!

-----

Gary and Amber fighting on twitter last night! No mention of Matt other then they finish the house.

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 4

Why move an hour from your child? I could understand if it's for work -- but Amber's "career" is her sitting on her couch bitching that Gary won't let her see Leah. Her couch can be close to where her daughter resides.

I believe Gary when he says that Amber fails to use her visitation rights.

• Love 10

Gary Shirley ‏@ItsGaryTime

Plz know anytime amber wants to come see Leah she can. I'm not the one who moved and hour away. She's doesn't come half time on her time.

Amber Portwood

Amber Portwood – Verified account ‏@AmberLPortwood

@ItsGaryTime don't be on here saying a bunch of lies because you make yourself look like an asshole..

12:40 AM - 23 Feb 2016

K to @ItsGaryTime

Replies

Amber Portwood

6h6 hours ago

@ItsGaryTime wtf? I come every single time and if there's something happening I always come next day..what an ignorant liar!

-----

Gary and Amber fighting on twitter last night! No mention of Matt other then they finish the house.

Amber's reading comprehension, of her own words is severely lacking. The NEXT DAY is not on time. And, what could possibly be "happening" that she can't make it on her scheduled, already known to everyone, including Leah, day(s)? Idiot.

• Love 8

I try and steer clear of these girls on social media (Twitter, FB, Instagram) because their "fans" praising them makes my blood boil. All the love Amber is getting on Twitter is disgusting. Saying how she's changed, blah, blah, blah. I'd love to know in WHAT WAYS has she changed?? She sits around on her (getting bigger) ass all day, sleeps in until noon, doesn't have a real job, most likely doesn't go to AA or any therapy. She still gets mad at the drop of a hat!

• Love 7

I try and steer clear of these girls on social media (Twitter, FB, Instagram) because their "fans" praising them makes my blood boil. All the love Amber is getting on Twitter is disgusting. Saying how she's changed, blah, blah, blah. I'd love to know in WHAT WAYS has she changed?? She sits around on her (getting bigger) ass all day, sleeps in until noon, doesn't have a real job, most likely doesn't go to AA or any therapy. She still gets mad at the drop of a hat!

Hey! She's changed! She now wakes up buy 11:00am when she has Leah. Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

The fans scare me too!

A/A refuses to see things Amber's way, like their stance on not being sober, if your still drinking, or your not really sober if you won't take responsiblity for your past or present actions, that's just a couple of the 12 steps darn old A/A won't change to make her comfortable enough to go!

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 3

This is the program Amber participated in:  http://www.in.gov/idoc/2799.htm

CLIFF (Clean Lifestyle is Freedom Forever)
CLIFF is a modified Therapeutic Community designed specifically for those whose lives are impaired by methamphetamine. The program is a minimum of 8 months of intensive cognitive behavioral, evidenced based best practice counseling. Offenders are exposed to up to 12-15 hours each day of programming to specifically assist them to recover from the addiction, build social skills acceptable in society as well as job interviewing skills to help with their employment. Further, the offenders work on peer and personal relationship skills to better assist in their recovery when released to their respective communities. There are two male units that are 200 and 156 beds respectively, and one female 100 bed unit. The CLIFF Units have demonstrated a positive impact on both recidivism and conduct. Recidivism rates are nearly ½ that of the Departments overall recidivism for those offenders that successfully complete the program. Conduct rates on the CLIFF Unit are about 1/10 that of a general population housing unit. During 2009, 371 offenders successfully completed the CLIFF Programs.

So, is Amber a success statistic?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

Amber's reading comprehension, of her own words is severely lacking. The NEXT DAY is not on time. And, what could possibly be "happening" that she can't make it on her scheduled, already known to everyone, including Leah, day(s)? Idiot.

What does the "next day" even mean? Does she just randomly show up on days that aren't her days to visit Leah? Actually, she probably does, knowing Gary won't let her take Leah, just so she can say she tried without having any real intention of seeing Leah. Although it wouldn't surprise me if by next day she means her next scheduled visit- so what she's saying is, she never skips two visits consecutively. She is not the least bit interested in actually seeing Leah or providing her with any stability. The only good thing I can say about Amber is she is on the pill.

• Love 4

What does the "next day" even mean? Does she just randomly show up on days that aren't her days to visit Leah? Actually, she probably does, knowing Gary won't let her take Leah, just so she can say she tried without having any real intention of seeing Leah. Although it wouldn't surprise me if by next day she means her next scheduled visit- so what she's saying is, she never skips two visits consecutively. She is not the least bit interested in actually seeing Leah or providing her with any stability. The only good thing I can say about Amber is she is on the pill.

Are you kidding?  Certainly Matt has replace Amber's birth control pills with Pez by now.  I'm sure he thinks he'll knock her up, get custody and be the one to file for child support for once.

• Love 5

Amber Portwood

6h6 hours ago

e.

This reads soooo dirty. LOL
  • Love 8

Amber's got herself a real winner.  In just the past few days it has been revealed:

The mother of child number 8 (in Florida) is seeking child support from Matt for her eight year old daughter.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/teen-mom-amber-portwood-fiance-children-scandal-matt-baier-baby-mama-child-support-proof

Matt used to send mean-girl Tweets to Kailyn Lowery:  In 2014, he sent out a string of posts that included jabs like “The worst thing that ever happened to high definition is Kailyn’s face. #DAMN.” He even asked: “What was the topic of Kailyn’s book? How to bang ugly dudes, cheat in a shower and have my face always look like I’m allergic to shellfish?”

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teen-moms-kailyn-lowry-responds-to-matt-baiers-mean-tweets-w165117

Matt was facing eviction just days before moving to Indiana to be with Amber.  He hadn't paid his rent for two months.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/teen-mom-amber-portwood-fiance-scandal-matt-baier-evicted

• Love 7

Matt has a lot of nerve talking about Kail's face. Kail may not be the most gorgeous woman alive, but I think she can be quite cute when she smiles. Matt isn't a horrible troll, but he does have bad skin and Amber's face is fairly round itself. So what's his point???

• Love 8

Probably the next day after she's already been late to see Leah. She's pathetic. Gary is no saint but I believe him that she misses days. She didn't want to pay child support even though she is with Gary more than her and she can't understand that she's not "paying to see her kid."  I thought when Amber got out she might try to change but it is clear she doesn't and will keep whining until someone feels bad for her. 

• Love 6

does anyone else feel like Amber has a case of the same thing Vicki did last season on RHOC?  she doesn't *want* her guy to be a complete faker/loser/gold digger so he isn't.  and that's that.

I can't help it, I feel sorry for her (not for everything, most of her circumstances she's brought on herself.) I think I feel badly that her self-esteem is so low that she just wanted to be loved  (basing this on her comments that there are very few people in this world *that* she loves) and that this is where she ended up. 

• Love 2

My money is on Matt having made that account private. He controls Amber and this is likely just another way of keeping people from not only commenting to Amber that she should leave him, but keeps the haters from commenting negatively about him.

• Love 8

I like how Amber says "Oh Matt's a sweet guy and he stopped saying stuff about you (Jenelle) because I let him know how hurtful it can be to have people hating on you". (Paraphrasing) I just really want to know how you could find a man attractive when he's talking crap about reality stars on Twitter in the first place! I'm sorry, but the dude is 40-something. That's the kind of behavior I could maybe let slide from a younger guy like Tyler. But coming from Matt, downright pathetic. That right there would have turned me off of him for good. It's obvious he had some sort of Teen Mom fixation, and wasn't going to stop until he bagged one of them. Amber is truly delusional. 

• Love 8

Amber was the first guest on Farrah's new podcast.  You couldn't pay me to listen, but the folks at Starcasm did.  http://starcasm.net/archives/343354

AMBER: Actually, it is in the middle of winter here — snow on the ground and everything — and we’re still flipping houses. Well, just to start out, you know, the money that I get from Teen Mom, and money that I’ve gotten for other things also, I guess you need to find something to invest into. It’s a good way to build your money. You can kind of triple your money, honestly. But it’s hard, it’s not easy. I think some people watch these flipping shows and you think it’s the easiest thing, but it’s really not. It’s a huge risk because you’re putting your own money into it, you know? And either you can get profit out of it, or sometimes you beak even…You have to do a lot of research and make sure you have the right people on your team. I have a great realtor that I work with in Indianapolis who has a bunch of different types of properties that I can invest in. And we’re on our second house now. Our first one we sold in five days. So, yeah, we’re doing really good. In a week our second one will be done, and we should make a bigger profit off of this one.
AMBER: You know, with the first house we really had to kind of watch the contractors and the painters and kind of learn a little bit, you know? We really didn’t know exactly what we were doing. But this one, we could do easier things like painting, helping put the flooring down, and just trying to learn how to do different things. The hardest thing, though, is finding a good contractor that can keep with you and stay on every house. And we finally found somebody who is Matt’s, actually, his ex boss, so it’s kind of funny.

How much profit can she actually be making when they have Matt's ex-boss, a real estate agent, subcontractors and Matt to pay???  People earn on "flipping" by doing most of the work themselves and acting as their own real estate agents. 

• Love 10

I am sure Amber has no idea how much money she's "made" off these houses. Matt probably took the check and "reinvested" it.

ETA: when she says triple her money, I'm positive she means she sold it for three times what she paid for it. So, she bought for what, $20K and sold for $60K? What's the real estate fee, 6%? Then materials and labor, and also, capital gains taxes are a BITCH. Uncle Sam is going to want about 30%. Amber likely won't see a dime.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 9

Of course Matt's "ex-boss" is the contractor. Hello???? Red flag Amber! Open your fucking beady eyes!

How much you wanna bet the materials were bought with a credit card and the cash was pocketed?

Another part of costs is getting city permits and paying an inspector to inspect the house before and after the renovations.

I have a cold heart for certain people. I cannot wait for the day when reality hits Amber and she is left high and dry.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

I am sure Amber has no idea how much money she's "made" off these houses. Matt probably took the check and "reinvested" it.

ETA: when she says triple her money, I'm positive she means she sold it for three times what she paid for it. So, she bought for what, $20K and sold for $60K? What's the real estate fee, 6%? Then materials and labor, and also, capital gains taxes are a BITCH. Uncle Sam is going to want about 30%. Amber likely won't see a dime.

Amber is the only fool in this 'partnership' stuck paying the capital gains tax.  With houses this inexpensive and with so many people/professionals/grifters involved, she can only be making <$5,000 profit.  If she found a well-regarded investment professional, she could make far more.

Also, she shouldn't sell these houses.  She should keep them as rental properties.

• Love 7

Of course Matt's "ex-boss" is the contractor. Hello???? Red flag Amber! Open your fucking beady eyes!

How much you wanna bet the materials were bought with a credit card and the cash was pocketed?

Another part of costs is getting city permits and paying an inspector to inspect the house before and after the renovations.

I have a cold heart for certain people. I cannot wait for the day when reality hits Amber and she is left high and dry.

I know! I'm excited for it. Call me heartless but Amber deserves whatever comes to her.

Also love when Amber and Leah Messer try and sound smart and talk finances. The two of them know too little to know how little they know.

• Love 3

Count me in. I can't wait for Matt to take her for all she's worth. If the "ex boss" becoming involved didn't raise about a million red flags nothing will.

She's an idiot and I feel ZERO sympathy for her.

I just have a suspicion that Matt and the "ex boss" had a plan for this all along. Once Amber started responding to Matt on Twitter they probably tried to figure out the best way to get her money.

I seriously doubt that Amber came up with house flipping on her own. She can barely manage to flip her couch cushion when she spills food on it.

• Love 8

So based on the last episode (finale) am I understanding it correctly that Amber hasn't been paying child support this whole time?

That's what I got. And I'm thinking she should have been paying all this time since she got out of jail. Also acted as if it was some sacrifice she pay the main caretaker of her child some money. Perish the thought.

I don't know why I just assumed Amber had been paying Gary child support - maybe because he doesn't seem to have any income?   Does Christina support them?  Who's paying the bills for Gary?   Please don't tell me it's the state of Indiana? 

And that's exactly why Amber didn't want to "go to court" over the custody agreement and instead came to some sort of agreement.  I'm not a lawyer or a judge but I suspect Amber could have been made to pay back child support had Gary actually insisted on going to court. 

Matt was facing eviction just days before moving to Indiana to be with Amber.  He hadn't paid his rent for two months.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/teen-mom-amber-portwood-fiance-scandal-matt-baier-evicted

I KNEW IT!  When he first showed up last year with all his stuff I said it was pretty clear he was being evicted.   If I remember correctly, it was a surprise to Amber that he had 'given up' his apartment because really, who gives up their apartment before even meeting their online target girlfriend for the first time?  And yet, she didn't really even seem bothered by it at all. Oh Amby. 

I can't help it, I feel sorry for her (not for everything, most of her circumstances she's brought on herself.) I think I feel badly that her self-esteem is so low that she just wanted to be loved  (basing this on her comments that there are very few people in this world *that* she loves) and that this is where she ended up. 

I want to root for Amber but she makes it really hard to do so.  I had more sympathy for her when she was strung out all the time and sitting on the sofa.  Now, she just sits on the sofa and not only doesn't even get up to answer the door but doesn't get up to meet a guy.  She met him online and let him move in, right next to her on the sofa.   

I don't understand why she lives an hour away from Leah?  Can't she move her big beige sofa closer?     Now I understand why she only has her for a few hours during the week. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Count me in. I can't wait for Matt to take her for all she's worth. If the "ex boss" becoming involved didn't raise about a million red flags nothing will.

She's an idiot and I feel ZERO sympathy for her.

I just have a suspicion that Matt and the "ex boss" had a plan for this all along. Once Amber started responding to Matt on Twitter they probably tried to figure out the best way to get her money.

I seriously doubt that Amber came up with house flipping on her own. She can barely manage to flip her couch cushion when she spills food on it.

Yeah...Matt is from Boston, right? Kind of odd that his ex his happens to be in Anderson, IN

Yeah...Matt is from Boston, right? Kind of odd that his ex his happens to be in Anderson, IN

And just like Matt, this guy just dropped his life to join them in Indiana.

Is Amber really that dense that she can't see how strange all of this is? From him tweeting other Teen Moms to the ex boss, everything about this guy stinks like an old, smelly rat. How can she not see that?!

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6

Cosmocrush - not only that, but the courts attach interest to past due child support.

I do not believe Gary is receiving state aid because the state would go after Amber before they dole out any monies or food stamps. Gary also receives a check from MTV.

Good point. Strange they could not find ONE decent and honest contractor in their area. Isn't the guy supposed to have a license from the state of Indiana? If not, how can they flip houses legally or even get permits to do renovations?
  • Love 3

Does anyone else find it odd that MTV didn't film ANY of the house flipping stuff? I mean, it's not like Amber has this riveting storyline to begin with. Each conversation she has with Matt or anyone else production brings into the house (or restaurant) is just a rehash of every other conversation that's already been had. You'd think they'd be jumping at the idea of having something new to film yet we saw NOTHING of the process. I realize MTV wasn't there that long in the scheme of things but the whole thing just feels off to me. 

• Love 8

The house flipping is quite odd.  Matt doesn't own a hammer, he puts up Christmas lights with tape, yet he and his ex-boss are whipping run down houses into shape and making a tidy profit?  Also, it wasn't that long ago that MTV had to write a check to Amber's landlord to prevent her from being evicted, and now she's bankrolling a house flipping business?  There's something fishy about the whole storyline.

• Love 7