Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

No I got what Gary meant he never planned on not sharing Leah with Amber, the idea of her bailing on the kid was never in the plans! My husband did the samething and I love my kids but its hard work when you're on your own. You get resentful of the parent who drops the ball!

This. I have used the word "stuck" when frustrated. It didn't mean I couldn't stand my kids or my siblings kids. It was said after having a moment when my husband was at fault. LOL 

• Love 5

Amber drinks, but won't take the necessary bipolar meds. *blank stare*

I think this is probably why she doesn't do any of the "recovery" stuff people talk about, at least in part. They generally won't go along with her drinking in any of the recovery/support type groups. I suppose if she looked hard enough she might be able to find one that's in favor of drinking as long as you're not taking pills, but I imagine it wouldn't be easy to find.

I think this is probably why she doesn't do any of the "recovery" stuff people talk about, at least in part. They generally won't go along with her drinking in any of the recovery/support type groups. I suppose if she looked hard enough she might be able to find one that's in favor of drinking as long as you're not taking pills, but I imagine it wouldn't be easy to find.

Amber stated last season she doesn't want to do any recovery work because "no one else has changed their ways so why should I change?" I think she muttered that sentiment again recently. When Dr. Drew mentioned to her his concerns about her drinking and how that it will likely cause her to relapse not to mention when one drinks, they can't claim sobriety, this is what she said:

http://www.wetpaint.com/amber-portwood-drinks-because-late-father-1415647/

Amber isn't worried about alcohol triggering a drug relapse — and it's all thanks to her late father. “I haven't got triggered when I drink,” Amber explained. “The reason for that is because of my father ... My father just died from drinking. It's hard losing a parent, and it's even worse to lose him to alcohol complications The last time I saw my father he wasn't awake, he was in a coma.”

It reads that Amber is saying since she has not been triggered while drinking, it won't happen in the future. Then the explanation about her father? All I can say is, that don't make no sense. 

• Love 6

People are speculating that this blind item is about Matt.....

Not having to work and picking up a few bucks from the show and living off his Teen Mom. Showing you how much of an idiot he is though, he has been trying to hook up with the barely legal celebrity offspring of a former (multiple time) talk show host who never seems to get along with anyone. The Teen Mom dude uses a different screen name but has sent her his real photos. Back up plan?

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/01/blind-item-3-1115.html

Run, Amber. Do not continue to allow this man repeatedly make you look so desperate and stupid.

Speculation is the celeb offspring is Rosie O'Donnell's daughter.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3

On a shallow note, Amber is really pretty. I like her hair and I think the glasses is actually a really good look for her.

There's nothing pretty about Amber, in my opinion. I wanted to root for her but she has proven she just sucks ass. I feel so terribly for Leah.

How is Shawn, Amber's brother, so damn normal and sensible comparatively?

• Love 1

Creepy. How old is Rosie's daughter? I would have immediately thought one of the Jenner girls. Didn't Kris have a talk show for like five minutes? 

I can't believe I was curious enough to look this up, but her oldest daughter Chelsea was born in 1997 so she's 18 or 19 depending on when her birthday is.

• Love 2

Thanks! I felt like I read something recently about her and Rosie having a falling out. If Matt is trying to hit on her, it really seems like he likes to prey on the vulnerable. I'd love for his exes/baby mamas to speak out.

• Love 2

probably a very unpopular opinion, but on the Teen Mom Aftershow, Amber was really sweet & really funny (especially when she was making fun of Matt's age.  she kind of "went there" talking about how hot he was though...kind of just no.) She was the Teen Mom I'd most wanna hang out with, based on that.

• Love 2

probably a very unpopular opinion, but on the Teen Mom Aftershow, Amber was really sweet & really funny (especially when she was making fun of Matt's age.  she kind of "went there" talking about how hot he was though...kind of just no.) She was the Teen Mom I'd most wanna hang out with, based on that.

I might agree with your last sentence, but with the caveat that the bar is set very, very VERY low because...Farrah.

• Love 2

Matt seems to be Amber's daddy who validates all her thoughts and actions. I'm sure she needed that, but he's so not the dude to marry. AND he doesn't even parent his own kids while he's busy parenting Amber and occasionally Leah.

Add in the fact that when they began Amber's dad was terminally ill, or maybe had just died. Not to mention, he was also an addict. So I think it's safe to say that Amber was looking for something in particular.

She's on the couch away from home too, lol . https://twitter.com/AmberLPortwood/status/689724962236686336

Haha I love this. I feel like if Amber tried to stand for more than 10 minutes, her legs would get all wobbly like a newborn baby horse.

Creepy. How old is Rosie's daughter? I would have immediately thought one of the Jenner girls. Didn't Kris have a talk show for like five minutes?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Kardashians and Jenners are actually out of Matt's realm of celebrity.

• Love 5

Amber isn't hideous, and she certainly looks better and healthier. But her piss poor attitude and permanent scowl ruin whatever looks she has. I'm someone who can't really separate personality from appearance (which causes me to be super frustrated with Ryyyyyn!) So my opinions about people's attractiveness are usually biased.

Matt, however, is not in her league physically. The personalities on both of them are the only thing that make me think they deserve each other. Ambie's right, they are very much alike in that they're both shitty parents that care only about themselves.

Also, just a personal note I'd like to add. Today I had off from school and work, and I'm home sick. So I've been in bed most of the day. I'm going crazy. I don't know how Amber does this on a regular basis.

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 3
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Kardashians and Jenners are actually out of Matt's realm of celebrity.

I'm sure you're right, but does HE know that? LOL

Also, just a personal note I'd like to add. Today I had off from school and work, and I'm home sick. So I've been in bed most of the day. I'm going crazy. I don't know how Amber does this on a regular basis.

That's what I'm saying! I'm a SAHM, but I also homeschool my kids and try to do some work from home - my days are super busy. I hate, hate, HATE when I get so sick that I literally cannot get off the couch. The couch is my reward at the end of a long day, not my permanent location. 

• Love 3

I am an occasional watcher of the TLC show 600 Pound Life. One infamous patient on that series was a woman named Penny. When I watched Amber in bed as her mouth salivated over the breakfast meal that was coming her way and as she took in chunks of food into her mouth, I swear it made me think of that woman Penny. Penny is notorious for not taking her weight seriously even after having had weight-loss surgery. She spends all her time in bed and conducts her entire life from her bed. She has made food from her bed. 

• Love 3

I apparently have too much time on my hands today (or let's be real, snarking is more fun than laundry) but I ran across this article. Check out this picture:

tumblr_o17gyhRF5H1u4tylso2_1280.jpg

Someone managed to catch the time on the clock while Matt and Leah were making Amber's "breakfast in bed."  I'm going to take a wild guess and say that's not 4:37am. I thought it was bad enough thinking of Leah getting up at say 7 or 8 and Amber sleeping until "10 <bleeping> 30," but this is practically dinner time!  Another pic in the article shows Leah eating Spaghetti-O's in bed with Amber while Amber eats breakfast, so I tend to believe the thought that it was much later in the day as opposed to the clock just being wrong,  Poor kid, no wonder she doesn't want to go over there.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 4

Someone managed to catch the time on the clock while Matt and Leah were making Amber's "breakfast in bed."  I'm going to take a wild guess and say that's not 4:37am. I thought it was bad enough thinking of Leah getting up at say 7 or 8 and Amber sleeping until "10 <bleeping> 30," but this is practically dinner time!  Another pic in the article shows Leah eating Spaghetti-O's in bed with Amber while Amber eats breakfast, so I tend to believe the thought that it was much later in the day as opposed to the clock just being wrong,  Poor kid, no wonder she doesn't want to go over there.

I wouldn't doubt the time is correct. But, the clock might be wrong. I am not at all defending Amber. Not at all. Only because in a previous episode when Amber was cooking something, the stove clock was blinking 12:00. It might be that they never have the clock on the correct time. I am sounding like Leah Messer here with my explanation about what the time really was. LOL I don't mean to be giving any explanations that might clear Amber, just that Amber and Matt are so fucking lazy I can't imagine they would bother to fix the clock to reflect the proper time. That's just me. I could totally be wrong. 

I also noticed Amber was wearing earrings and a pink shirt (not a pajama shirt) and her hair was brushed when she was shown in bed. I wondered if that was a staged scene. It could have been morning time (10:30 a.m.) when Amber woke up, brushed her hair, put on regular clothes, and then hopped back into bed to be fed like she was an animal at the zoo. 

But Amber will always have a soft spot in my heart for bitching about how Gary's treating her and saying, "What was the point of going to prison?"

Amber is beyond stupid. Her little rant there reminds me of when she said there is no point in going to any sort of therapy or attending any post-rehab follow-up because everyone else is still the same. 

• Love 4

Yeah, the thought did cross my mind that maybe the clock wasn't right. In the picture of her actually eating breakfast the sun's at a fairly steep angle so that made me think it might be pretty late too - plus Leah's eating lunch/dinner food, instead of breakfast. Who knows.  I think the re-enactment scenario is more likely, but it's sad that I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that time was right.

• Love 2

Yeah, the thought did cross my mind that maybe the clock wasn't right. In the picture of her actually eating breakfast the sun's at a fairly steep angle so that made me think it might be pretty late too - plus Leah's eating lunch/dinner food, instead of breakfast. Who knows.  I think the re-enactment scenario is more likely, but it's sad that I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that time was right.

It was brunch time! I honestly wouldn't be shocked either if it was indeed 4 in the afternoon. Amber could have been napping, woke up, and was hungry for breakfast food. In the end, it really doesn't matter what time it is. That foul slob was having her child feed her in bed! How about Amber get off her lazy fat ass and tend to her daughter and show her how much she means to her? If I hadn't been in my child's life for two years, I'd be tending to my child hand and foot and remind them how important they are to me every single day. Everything is all about Amber's needs. 

• Love 2

It was brunch time! I honestly wouldn't be shocked either if it was indeed 4 in the afternoon. Amber could have been napping, woke up, and was hungry for breakfast food. In the end, it really doesn't matter what time it is. That foul slob was having her child feed her in bed! How about Amber get off her lazy fat ass and tend to her daughter and show her how much she means to her? If I hadn't been in my child's life for two years, I'd be tending to my child hand and foot and remind them how important they are to me every single day. Everything is all about Amber's needs. 

We used to call that "linner" or "dunch" (lunch/dinner equivalent of brunch).  I totally agree with you, I can't believe she's not spending every possible moment with her daughter.

ETA: when I was around Leah's age I loved doing stuff like that for my parents. I remember making them breakfast in bed or a fancy (by 6 year old standards) lunch, setting up a "spa" for my Mom, etc. but it was because I wanted to do it. I wasn't sitting around waiting for them to get out of bed, wishing they'd spend time with me, THEN doing those things. No wonder Leah prefers to be with Gary and Kristina.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 3

We used to call that "linner" or "dunch" (lunch/dinner equivalent of brunch).  I totally agree with you, I can't believe she's not spending every possible moment with her daughter.

ETA: when I was around Leah's age I loved doing stuff like that for my parents. I remember making them breakfast in bed or a fancy (by 6 year old standards) lunch, setting up a "spa" for my Mom, etc. but it was because I wanted to do it. I wasn't sitting around waiting for them to get out of bed, wishing they'd spend time with me, THEN doing those things. No wonder Leah prefers to be with Gary and Kristina.

Hey, we used to say "linner" too. How funny! Here I thought we were the only ones who said that. lol

I used to love to cook and make breakfast for my mom. I know my eggs weren't the best, but the look on her face has stayed with me all these years. I did it because back then I loved to do things like that. 

Amber should be in the kitchen with her daughter as they make food together, not Matt. 

• Love 2

Hey, we used to say "linner" too. How funny! Here I thought we were the only ones who said that. lol

I used to love to cook and make breakfast for my mom. I know my eggs weren't the best, but the look on her face has stayed with me all these years. I did it because back then I loved to do things like that. 

Amber should be in the kitchen with her daughter as they make food together, not Matt. 

hehe.. reminds me of that commercial where the one woman says "awesome sauce" and the other one says "the only person I know who says that is...Julie?!?" and sisters are reunited.

Same here with my Mom, I'm sure the eggs were not that great but she was so happy for breakfast in bed even though it was rare. It somehow hurts me a lot to see Leah making Amber those special breakfasts, moments, etc. knowing that Amber really doesn't seem to appreciate them. Maybe they should make breakfast in bed together for Matt. (ha, yeah right, I know). She seems like a smart and sweet kid and I just have to think it is really confusing how different her life is at both houses.

The thing with Amber is that I don't think she cares much about Leah. I don't think she thinks about Leah when she's not there. I don't think she has hopes for Leah's future or fears about how things might affect her. I honesty don't think she loves Leah. Maybe she never really bonded with Leah since she didn't do much caregiving when Leah was a baby and then went to prison, but she looks about as connected to or concerned about Leah as you might about a neighbor's or aquantince's kid. She dislikes being perceived as a bad mother or a bad person, that's all. She wants to be thought of as a good mom, but she gives zero fucks about actually being one. I don't think this about many of the TM or TM2 girls, but I do about Amber. Like Leah (who is an equally crappy mom in practical terms) I believe loves her kids and wants to be a good mom for them and just can't actually do it. Amber just doesn't care. I really dislike her.

• Love 10

FozzyBear so true. In fact I'd argue I bet it's a pretty big inconvenience for her when Leah's there. I mean she has to <gasp> get out of bed at 10:30am, the horror!  And she apparently doesn't even do that if you listen to Leah complaining about her sleeping all day. I agree she wants to portray the "good Mom" image but having her daughter serve her breakfast in bed at nearly 5pm just isn't helping her case.

• Love 6

People are speculating that this blind item is about Matt.....

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/01/blind-item-3-1115.html

Run, Amber. Do not continue to allow this man repeatedly make you look so desperate and stupid.

Speculation is the celeb offspring is Rosie O'Donnell's daughter.

Not too long ago Chelsea was missing, I didn't follow the story too closely, but I think she ran away with someone she met off the internet, which I'm guessing if it was Matt, Rosie would have already raised all kinds of hell exposing him, not to say that she still could be/have been talking to him, but he wasn't the one she ran away with... I do find it odd that it happened relatively recently and then this story came out... But I just don't see how Matt could stay that far off the radar in this case.

• Love 3

The thing with Amber is that I don't think she cares much about Leah. I don't think she thinks about Leah when she's not there. I don't think she has hopes for Leah's future or fears about how things might affect her. I honesty don't think she loves Leah. Maybe she never really bonded with Leah since she didn't do much caregiving when Leah was a baby and then went to prison, but she looks about as connected to or concerned about Leah as you might about a neighbor's or aquantince's kid. She dislikes being perceived as a bad mother or a bad person, that's all. She wants to be thought of as a good mom, but she gives zero fucks about actually being one. I don't think this about many of the TM or TM2 girls, but I do about Amber. Like Leah (who is an equally crappy mom in practical terms) I believe loves her kids and wants to be a good mom for them and just can't actually do it. Amber just doesn't care. I really dislike her.

Bingo! Spot on. 

• Love 1

Not too long ago Chelsea was missing, I didn't follow the story too closely, but I think she ran away with someone she met off the internet, which I'm guessing if it was Matt, Rosie would have already raised all kinds of hell exposing him, not to say that she still could be/have been talking to him, but he wasn't the one she ran away with... I do find it odd that it happened relatively recently and then this story came out... But I just don't see how Matt could stay that far off the radar in this case.

Rosie did out the guy she ran away with. I think he was a heroin dealer or user himself and maybe ended up in jail. It was NOT Matt. Rosie and her daughter are now estranged. Going after her would be super dumb for Matt to do....Since they're estranged, she doesn't have any access to Rosie's money or any kind of real fame on her own.....Amber at least has Teen Mom $ and reality TV "fame."

ETA:

They guy Chelsea ran away with is 25 year-old Stephen Sheerer http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/rosie-odonnells-prison-ordeal/

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic

Rosie did out the guy she ran away with. I think he was a heroin dealer or super himself and maybe ended up in jail. It was NOT Matt. Rosie and her daughter are now estranged. Going after her would be super dumb for Matt to do....Since they're estranged, she doesn't have any access to Rosie's money or any kind of real fame on her own.....Amber at least has Teen Mom $ and reality TV "fame."

They guy Chelsea ran away with is 25 year-old Stephen Sheerer http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/rosie-odonnells-prison-ordeal/

Ahh thanks! I remembered it happening and her being found but I didn't follow any of the aftermath, and had forgotten about it until I read that blind item and saw people were saying its Rosie's daughter. I agree it would be really dumb for Matt to go after Chelsea, especially while appearing on teen mom.

• Love 1

I completely understand that the producers have to walk a fine line with their "talent" & keep in their good graces, but I was so disgusted by Amber's producer's fake *** compliments on Matt & Amber's atrocious tattoos. Disgusting. There is NOTHING awesome about those misguided tattoos.

• Love 5

I mostly just find it sort of pathetic how easily Amber and the other girls fall for it. No matter what they say, he crew isn't on the side of the moms. They're on the side of the show and they will say and do what they have to to get their jobs done. The fact that Amber is 25 and still too stupid to get when someone is just blowing smoke up her ass is sad. And I'm not trying to make the crew out to be evil, I'm just saying this is their office (so to speak) and they're going to treat Amber like that difficult client that you have to kiss up to just to get through the project. It's doesn't mean they like her or agree with her, it just means that a big part of their job is making sure Amber does her job; talking about shit on camera. Maybe it's because I spent years working in electoral politics, but that's what you do when your job is to keep someone happy enough to get them in the room so they can do their thing. You tell them their tacky ass tattoo is cute. You do it all the fucking time. On the other hand, I've also seen educated, grown ass adults delude themselves into thinking the consultants they hired to help them run for office are just like family, so I guess I should cut Amber a little slack on this.

• Love 5

I don't for a second believe that Amber gets up at 10:30 AM "at the latest" when, just a few episodes prior, she and Gary had an argument about how he called her in the morning to ask her to pick up a sick Leah at school. Gary said he got the call from the school at 11:18 AM and both called and texted Amber but couldn't reach her. Someone on this forum posted a screencap of Amber's phone, which I'm sure had the exact time, but anyway the phone showed Amber had missed 7 calls and a "911" text from Gary. She claimed she'd been "taking a nap" and so missed Gary's call. Uh huh.

There's an interesting deleted scene on MTV's Youtube page. In it, Amber's cousin and her kids are over for lunch. It's interesting for two reasons. One is Matt's behavior - he's talking with Amber's cousin about Leah how much Leah likes chips, which is not weird in an of itself, but it's notable to see him around kids that aren't Leah and how he dismisses them while focusing only on Leah. So he's not just some dude who seems to like kids or gets along with them easily, which might excuse his over friendliness to Leah. At one point, Matt stands up to leave the couch and rudely grabs and shoves Leah's cousin's little boy out of the way (barking "EXCUSE ME" after shoving the kid). It's shockingly rude and Amber and her cousin just sit there and say nothing. 

The other interesting thing is when Leah is chatting to Amber and the cousin and starts telling them about "this haunted house that my parents took me to." Leah doesn't think a thing about it until Amber and the cousin interrupt her, asking, "Who? Who are your parents?" Leah replies, "Gary and my stepmom." Amber corrects her, "No, your dad and I are are your parents." I give Amber credit for not freaking out too badly about it, but I thought it was very telling that Leah automatically considers Gary and Kristina her parents, even when talking right to Amber. She said it without even thinking about it.

• Love 4

Amber shouldn't have said anything. What a bitch.

Yeah, I can understand maybe it stings a little for Amber to hear that, but that's not Leah's problem... It's not like by saying parents meaning Gary and Christina takes her title as mother a away, but it's not realistic to expect a 7 year old who is just trying to tell her damn story to say "my dad and step mom". I feel Gary probably does feed Leah a lot of bs... But I don't think this is one of those cases. I highly doubt Gary said "Me and Kristina are your parents now"... She probably just used the reasoning that Kristina is her step parent, thus counts as a "parent". Honestly the fact that Amber got so butt hurt over that shows more insecurity on her part than anything else... She could roll out of bed at some point in the day and actually pay attention to Leah.

Normally as far as reality shows go I cut some slack because of editing, when it seems like somone is "always" doing anything, I recognize we are only seeing a small portion of their life, even when it's aired positively... But Amber has to know by now that the general consensus is that couch is attached to her ass, and so the fact that she still does nothing to even seem like she is making an effort to be more active... Even just for the few hours they are filming, says a lot to me. I know if I were on a show where people performed me as lazy you would never even see me sit down during the duration of the filming.

• Love 5

The two most disturbing things about that scene:

1. Someone felt it appropriate to take Leah to a haunted house where a guy was threatening to cut her throat. Sounds more like an adult type of place. Notice Amber didn't bat an eye about that, but Leah calling the woman who took care of her while Amber was locked up in prison a "parent" is the problem???

2. "I and your daddy are your parents". Just going to leave that right there. 

• Love 6

FozzyBear so true. In fact I'd argue I bet it's a pretty big inconvenience for her when Leah's there. I mean she has to <gasp> get out of bed at 10:30am, the horror! And she apparently doesn't even do that if you listen to Leah complaining about her sleeping all day. I agree she wants to portray the "good Mom" image but having her daughter serve her breakfast in bed at nearly 5pm just isn't helping her case.

I have my suspicions that a large part of the reason that Gary won't really discuss joint custody is he doubts Amber will actually follow through. She might do it for a month or so just to show Gary she "won", but she'll get bored with the hassle of getting a kid through a normal busy school week and start to give up. Then Leah will start being late to school, then Gary will get a phone call asking him to pick Leah up and take her to school, then Amber will need to travel or go to a clinic or see her lawyer during her time, then she'll just stop picking Leah up at all and Leah will be heart broken. I think Gary's plan is to sort of let Amber spin her wheels going to endless meetings with endless lawyers about custody until she gets bored with it and gives up. Like with her GED. Given my experience dealing with the Amber's of the world, it's not a bad plan. You don't have to fight them so much as stand back and let them wear themselves out.

• Love 6

I think that Matt is horrible for a lot of reasons, and it pains me to say this but ... you can see he's playing with the nephew when he does that. The kid giggles and it's pretty clear that Matt is just doing that "rahwr, monster!" kind of thing that kids like and guys/dads do, shoving him out of the way with an exaggerated gesture. I keep seeing more posts about it, and each telling gets more amped up so I had to say something. Maybe a rewatch while forgetting he's a lecherous loser?

BTW that scene (and the parents one) wasn't deleted, they both showed on the original show.

• Love 6

I think that Matt is horrible for a lot of reasons, and it pains me to say this but ... you can see he's playing with the nephew when he does that. The kid giggles and it's pretty clear that Matt is just doing that "rahwr, monster!" kind of thing that kids like and guys/dads do, shoving him out of the way with an exaggerated gesture. I keep seeing more posts about it, and each telling gets more amped up so I had to say something. Maybe a rewatch while forgetting he's a lecherous loser?

BTW that scene (and the parents one) wasn't deleted, they both showed on the original show.

I agree, I thought he definitely was joking too. I didn't catch a giggle from the kid (though I'm sure he did, I just didn't catch it and I only watched it once. Like you said, kids usually love that kind of stuff) so I kind of snorted when Ambie raved about "how good he was with them".

• Love 1

I thought it was playful as well. Matt, actually seems to be pretty good, and patient, with the kids. But....umm.....why isn't he with HIS then? I just can't get past that. God Forbid, if my husband and I ever split up, I can say 100% that he would never leave the state to be with some other woman. His kids are his life. When I see parents doing that, I just don't get it. 

• Love 6

I always wonder about a) the man who would leave his existing kids in one state to chase someone and be a "step" dad to THEIR kids in another state, and b) the WOMAN who would be okay with that shit! Who then go on to get pregnant by said man. (Yes, I'm looking at you creepy dude from Little Women LA who left his kids to be with one of the littles...after contacting several of them on social media ... hmm, sensing a theme here.)

* Unless your kids are in another state because your ex-wife/partner picked up and moved and you couldn't because your industry wasn't easily transferable (like, my husband works for NYC, and as much as I would love to be an L.A. transplant, his work isn't transferable on the same level) I'm going to wonder about you.

• Love 5

I always wonder about a) the man who would leave his existing kids in one state to chase someone and be a "step" dad to THEIR kids in another state, and b) the WOMAN who would be okay with that shit! Who then go on to get pregnant by said man. (Yes, I'm looking at you creepy dude from Little Women LA who left his kids to be with one of the littles...after contacting several of them on social media ... hmm, sensing a theme here.)

* Unless your kids are in another state because your ex-wife/partner picked up and moved and you couldn't because your industry wasn't easily transferable (like, my husband works for NYC, and as much as I would love to be an L.A. transplant, his work isn't transferable on the same level) I'm going to wonder about you.

My cousin's husband is this man... he had three kids with 2 different women, my cousin purposely got pregnant to "keep him around" and then had another one with him. Four years later, they finally got married.. Two years into the marriage, she finds out he's cheating on her (with multiple women) and leaves her for one of the other women, who is currently pregnant with his child. she doesn't understand how he can do this...  yet, he's done it before, with 2 previous women and 3 children. Some women think they can "change" a man.

Edited by Pdxblonde
  • Love 6

I always wonder about a) the man who would leave his existing kids in one state to chase someone and be a "step" dad to THEIR kids in another state, and b) the WOMAN who would be okay with that shit!

This was an ex boyfriend's father. He took off, leaving his wife and four kids and never paid one dime of child support. He moved to a different state and trying to have wages garnished was a logistical nightmare for his ex. In the meantime, he marries another woman, and works overtime to put HER kids through COLLEGE. He can't even spare a few bucks for grocery money for his bio kids, but he can pay for higher education for his stepkids? Unbelievable. I don't know how much his second wife knew about his first family but I guess she figured her kids were benefiting from it so why rock the boat.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3

I always wonder about a) the man who would leave his existing kids in one state to chase someone and be a "step" dad to THEIR kids in another state, and b) the WOMAN who would be okay with that shit! Who then go on to get pregnant by said man.

Joining the crapbag father story party...

My uncle had a one night stand, and got the woman pregnant.  Went on to vehemently deny the child was his, until they got around to a paternity test.  I met my cousin like twice (and I have one of those families where if they don't see you once a week, they just show up at your house without warning).  In his defense, he paid child support, health insurance, and whatever else his son needed, but rarely ever spent time with him and never sought any kind of custody of formal visitation.  Then he met his wife, who had two kids, and went on to be super dad to them.  

I know I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but I just don't know how women can trust a man that don't take care of their own children.  (Especially those that have children whose father's have done the same thing to them.  Obviously not the case with Amber and Gary, but we've all seen it happen.)  My only theory is that the women who choose these men are just as callous and cold as they are, and as long as their children are being taken care of, they don't care about their boyfriend/husband's kids.

• Love 4