Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

I know I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but I just don't know how women can trust a man that don't take care of their own children.  (Especially those that have children whose father's have done the same thing to them.  Obviously not the case with Amber and Gary, but we've all seen it happen.)  My only theory is that the women who choose these men are just as callous and cold as they are, and as long as their children are being taken care of, they don't care about their boyfriend/husband's kids.

I'm guessing it's not coldness, but rather extreme insecurity. A LOT of women are insanely jealous/bothered by their current SO's ties to exes that are necessitated by having kids with them. It's not right, but I do know women in my personal life that just wish kids from a previous relationship would disappear, not because they hate the kids, but because they just can't stand the ex being in the picture in any capacity.

• Love 7

I always wonder about a) the man who would leave his existing kids in one state to chase someone and be a "step" dad to THEIR kids in another state, and b) the WOMAN who would be okay with that shit! Who then go on to get pregnant by said man. (Yes, I'm looking at you creepy dude from Little Women LA who left his kids to be with one of the littles...after contacting several of them on social media ... hmm, sensing a theme here.)

* Unless your kids are in another state because your ex-wife/partner picked up and moved and you couldn't because your industry wasn't easily transferable (like, my husband works for NYC, and as much as I would love to be an L.A. transplant, his work isn't transferable on the same level) I'm going to wonder about you.

My friend kind of did this. She got pregnant and she placed the baby up for adoption. A couple years later, same thing happened and she placed the second baby with the couple who adopted her first baby. She just said she wasn't cut out to be a mom so her 2 sons were placed in the same family.

2 years later she meets a single dad with 2 young boys and ends up raising his boys.

Everybody is grown now and her biological sons are really resentful of the fact that she gave them up and then raised 2 other boys.

It's not the same as what you referred to but it popped into my head when I read your comment.

• Love 4

I'm guessing it's not coldness, but rather extreme insecurity. A LOT of women are insanely jealous/bothered by their current SO's ties to exes that are necessitated by having kids with them. It's not right, but I do know women in my personal life that just wish kids from a previous relationship would disappear, not because they hate the kids, but because they just can't stand the ex being in the picture in any capacity.

I think that's very accurate.  No one really likes talking about their partner's exes, and having children together can be seen as physical proof of their happy times with their ex.  I can understand how someone could be jealous of that.  But I just can't wrap my head around the concept of being attracted to a guy who doesn't take care of his own kids!

• Love 6

I can't wrap my head around the concept of being attracted to Matt...period.

Matt's not bad looking. He looks a sight better than he should given his age and past. He's 45? 46? I think he's cute enough if you didn't know anything about him. As for his character, this is Amber we're talking about. It's not like she's going to have good taste in men.

• Love 1

Matt isn't my type, but I don't think he's horrible looking. I can see how, with a different personality, he could be attractive to some. I'd take him over Gary, and that's not because of the weight. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2

I mean, I also think Amber is a reasonably attractive woman. I hate her, but I think she looks cute a lot. I can get Matt and Amber being physically attracted to each other. I can even get their mutual disfunction sort of fitting together. Doesn't mean I think they're decent people.

To me personally, purely based on looks, the least attractive of the TMOG guys is Tyler (of Cait and Tyler). He just doesn't even look like he's done with puberty yet and that's never been my type. Doesn't mean I actually find him to be the least appealing or attractive guy over all, just that his looks do less than zero for me.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 1
On a shallow note, Amber is really pretty. I like her hair and I think the glasses is actually a really good look for her.

If you told me when I saw all their original 16 and P's, that Amber would be the pretty one out of Maci, Farrah, and Cate, i would think you must be smoking something very special. However, Amber did grow up to be the prettiest one.

I do agree with everyone else here that her attitude makes her ugly.  The problem is Amber hates being a mother and little Leah deserves much better.  The truth of the matter is that she would probably happily relinquish full custody to Gary, but then she loses her Teen Mom paycheck.

I mean someone has to pay Matt's child support bills, because God knows he never will.

• Love 7

I know I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but I just don't know how women can trust a man that don't take care of their own children.  (Especially those that have children whose father's have done the same thing to them.

On the surface it looks one way. These guys, like Matt, can tell some pretty tall tales or twist the truth. Matt has likely told Amber how he failed at being a father due to his addiction. He likely laid it on real thick. Thicker than Amber's mascara. He likely told her how he was so wrapped up in his addiction, and then said to her, "Like you were wrapped up in your addiction". Pure manipulation tactics in play here. He likely mentioned Amber's addiction and her bad choices in order to get her to agree with him as he then tells her how he too made bad choices. He probably told her he wasn't proud of what he did and probably threw a few ex girlfriends under the bus. He likely said to Amber how he wanted to have relationships with one or two of them, but they broke it off or cheated on him. He probably mentioned wanting to be a father, but the mothers kept him from seeing his kids. *insert violin music here* Matt had to make himself look like the victim at some point (like Amber does all the time) while emphasizing he was dealing with depression and he fell deeper into his addiction and couldn't be the father he wanted to be. *pulling at Amber's heart strings*

• Love 6

Judging on physical appearance alone, I don't think Matt is a bad looking guy. I'm an average looking 38 year old woman and if I were single and slightly buzzed and Matt approached me in a bar I would let him buy me a beer. He's not hot but he's better than Gary.

• Love 2

On the surface it looks one way. These guys, like Matt, can tell some pretty tall tales or twist the truth. Matt has likely told Amber how he failed at being a father due to his addiction. He likely laid it on real thick. Thicker than Amber's mascara. He likely told her how he was so wrapped up in his addiction, and then said to her, "Like you were wrapped up in your addiction". Pure manipulation tactics in play here. He likely mentioned Amber's addiction and her bad choices in order to get her to agree with him as he then tells her how he too made bad choices. He probably told her he wasn't proud of what he did and probably threw a few ex girlfriends under the bus. He likely said to Amber how he wanted to have relationships with one or two of them, but they broke it off or cheated on him. He probably mentioned wanting to be a father, but the mothers kept him from seeing his kids. *insert violin music here* Matt had to make himself look like the victim at some point (like Amber does all the time) while emphasizing he was dealing with depression and he fell deeper into his addiction and couldn't be the father he wanted to be. *pulling at Amber's heart strings*

Do you think Matt would even have to sell Amber a tall tale though? Would she care that he adandoned his kids, or doesn't see them, or is behind in child support, or whatever the deal is? This is Amber. She has barley ever spent 48 hours straight with her own kid. I can't imagine her being SHOCKED that someone was a lousy parent. It probably wouldn't even register with her.

• Love 4

Wow the world is filled with fucking morons. "Gary won't let Amber be happy! Why bring it up at all?" How is having SEVEN KIDS AND NOT PAYING CHILD SUPPORT FOR ANY OF THEM NOT A BIG DEAL?!?!?

(This is about fb not people on this site)

Edited by Elizabeth9
  • Love 6

Do you think Matt would even have to sell Amber a tall tale though? Would she care that he adandoned his kids, or doesn't see them, or is behind in child support, or whatever the deal is? This is Amber. She has barley ever spent 48 hours straight with her own kid. I can't imagine her being SHOCKED that someone was a lousy parent. It probably wouldn't even register with her.

I don't think he does, but simply going by the previews, which I admit can be just editing at play here, it appears Amber is a wee bit upset at the news she was told by Gary. I guess because I have seen these kind of things play out on other shows, and sadly in real life, where a girl is all butt-hurt over finding out some bad news about her man. She confronts him. He then does a number on the girl as he explains away. She forgives him for doubting him and then gets mad at others for trying to interfere in her life.

• Love 5

Wow, after reading Elizabeth9's comment, I went to the Facebook page for this show, I had to leave fast. It's sad that there is so much stupidity in the world. People talking about how hard Amber is working on her addiction and how horrible Theresa and Brandon are for butting in when they danced with Carly.

I had my fingers on the keyboard to respond but had to just leave instead. You can't reason with stupid.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

I think Amber always knew about Matt's kids and she is upset that Gary found out and told on camera before she could do damage control. She is so selfish that she doesn't get or care what a creep Matt is, as long as he is there kissing her butt!

• Love 3

I think you're right. Why would she care? For Amber it's merely good enough to talk about what a great parent you are and you don't actually have to do anything to prove it.

I don't think she gives a shit what kind of person Matt actually is as long as he's there with her 24/7.

• Love 5
Wow the world is filled with fucking morons. "Gary won't let Amber be happy! Why bring it up at all?" How is having SEVEN KIDS AND NOT PAYING CHILD SUPPORT FOR ANY OF THEM NOT A BIG DEAL?!?!?

Knowing Gary, I'm sure he is utterly gleeful at being the one to present this information to Amber. I DON'T think he wants her to be happy. However, this is still pertinent information. Here is Matt, living with Amber and getting closer and closer to Leah. He has abandoned 7 of his biological kids (allegedly) in order to do so. So who's to say he won't at some point abandon Leah when he has sucked this teat dry and is ready to move on to the next one?

• Love 2

I think you're right. Why would she care? For Amber it's merely good enough to talk about what a great parent you are and you don't actually have to do anything to prove it.

I don't think she gives a shit what kind of person Matt actually is as long as he's there with her 24/7.

That's the kicker she doesn't get.  No "great mom" would be with a man who wasn't a great dad to his own kids.  That mom would feel some sort of compassion for the kids that man left behind.   A "great mom"  would certainly want a "great dad" by her side.

Matt?  He aint that.

• Love 6

I think this is the real estate agent named Charlene that Matt and Ambie were working with.  I wonder if they actually went through with the purchase of the house seen on the recent episode.  You'd think Amber would have Tweeted something about their progress with the Flip, since she Tweets about everything else in her life.  Maybe she just said, "Screw it, let's get a new Escalade and call it a day."

http://www.nolimitrealestate.com/home.asp

• Love 3

Knowing Gary, I'm sure he is utterly gleeful at being the one to present this information to Amber. I DON'T think he wants her to be happy. However, this is still pertinent information. Here is Matt, living with Amber and getting closer and closer to Leah. He has abandoned 7 of his biological kids (allegedly) in order to do so. So who's to say he won't at some point abandon Leah when he has sucked this teat dry and is ready to move on to the next one?

Have there been child support orders filed against him? If so, his TM paycheck will likely be garnished.

• Love 1

Plus, Amber is using her money to support him. That's money that could be going into a trust fund for Leah's future.

Amber already has a trust fund set up for Leah. She was court-ordered to do so back when she was in trouble and had CPS on her ass.

Have there been child support orders filed against him? If so, his TM paycheck will likely be garnished.

We don't have that information. Yet. Unless someone can do some research and see what comes up. If there are child support orders in place, surely there will be a garnishment. If his kids are receiving any sort of assistance from the state then surely there would be an order in place to try and get that money from him. All of this is assuming the mothers have filed papers. If they haven't, then they are shit out of luck until there is an order in place.

That's the kicker she doesn't get.  No "great mom" would be with a man who wasn't a great dad to his own kids.  That mom would feel some sort of compassion for the kids that man left behind.   A "great mom"  would certainly want a "great dad" by her side.

Matt?  He aint that.

Agree.

I think Amber will be hit with this news much like she was hit with the news that Matt had given up his apartment and was moving in with her. He didn't tell her about the apartment, why would he tell her about his children? I do think this news will be a shock to her and she will be upset that he didn't tell her before Gary did.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3

Plus, Amber is using her money to support him. That's money that could be going into a trust fund for Leah's future.

You're so right, but I just want to add, not just Leah's future, but Leah's present. Gary has custody of her. Does Ambie pay child support? I honestly doubt it, because if she was, she'd be bitching about how he's robbing her, and how men shouldn't ask women for money, etc etc entitled egg donor speech. It's been rumored that the dads don't make nearly as much on this show, and I don't think Gary works outside of his baking. (Wasn't that a thing? Gary sells homemade baked goods through the mail?) I think he should be working, though. Regardless, you're right, Amber needs to put her money towards her child, and save extra for her future.

If Matt marries her, isn't her income fair game for child support?

Amber Tweeted a photo of the brand new Cadillac Escalade she bought or leased December 15th. So she is definitely being much more responsible with her money these days.

https://twitter.com/AmberLPortwood/media

Well that's just fabulous.

Also, that's an enormous parking spot.

• Love 1

According to The Ashley, who found the court records, there are seven current child support orders against Matt by five different women (two of them ex-wives). The cases were in other states, but were moved to Indiana when Matt moved there to live with Amber. Several attempts at summons were made on Matt in Indiana which were unsuccessful. Five out of the seven kids are now adults, but the cases are still active as Matt owes back payment. 

Matt said on a Teen Mom reunion show that he has two kids, one a minor son and another adult daughter (who Amber follows on Twitter). He claimed he was a bad father to them due to his drug addiction. I'm sure then that's the story he told Amber. He does not acknowledge the other five kids, though they do carry his last name and, since there are child support orders, he would've taken paternity tests. 

Amber is supposed to be paying Gary child support, though Gary told the producers in one of the episodes in the first half of season 5 that Amber had been delinquent on payments for several months at that point. No idea if she caught up, as any Googling simply returns the stuff about Matt's delinquent support payments. 

• Love 7

OK....why do these nitwits think they can flip homes?  Seriously....what are their qualifications?  What has Matt done for a living? The arrogance that someone Amber's age with no discernible skills (design, construction, even any kind of *real* job) thinks she can do this just blows my mind.

And the money .... don't all of these twits have managers, etc. who probably take 10-25% of their earnings? I really don't think they come away with that much money. Their lifestyles are really pricey, too, with the luxury cars and travel. And if her booboo's pretend stepdad owes arrears for 10 kids?  Yeah....he won't ever work because Amber's income doesn't come into play, I believe. They're Matt's kids, not hers.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 3

Several attempts at summons were made on Matt in Indiana which were unsuccessful.

Thank you for finding the information. Matt is avoiding being served. That is why there are no garnishments.  He needs to be served so he can respond to the court about the pending court order for child support.  That may be one reason why he gave up his apartment. They had tracked him down there and it was becoming a nuisance and likely because he has no job to pay his rent.  However, he is on a national television show which would make it easier to track him down to have him served. I suppose when he sees a stranger coming to the house that he shares with Amber, they just keep their asses on the couch and never answer the door. I hope he gets served soon. If he thinks he can avoid paying, he has another thing coming. All of those arrears will keep adding up. In our state, if one is behind on child support, the DMV suspends their driver license. The DMV gives that person at least 150 days for the person to make payment arrangements on past due child support. If they fail to do so, they kiss their license good-bye.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3
Five out of the seven kids are now adults, but the cases are still active as Matt owes back payment.

This just shows that Matt's douchebaggery extends several decades. I have some sympathy for addicts, because I know addiction can really take hold of a person, change them, and make it really hard to get out of. But enough time has passed. What is he doing??? He does not work, and I now believe that's intentional. He is avoiding getting a job, so he cannot be garnished. Sorry you were a shitty dad when you were on drugs, what's your excuse now? Why did you leave the state(s) where your children are?? Okay, so several are "adults" - do they need help with college? Are you making ANY attempt to rectify the crap you put them through in their early life? NO, you're serving breakfast in bed to a woman who is slowly growing into her sectional. Man, this dude makes me sick. 

• Love 7

Lord, Matt might take the prize as the shittiest parent on the show (and on THIS show, that is an accomplishment). The man is an absolute loser in every sense of the word.

I hate the title, as I think of all of Matt's children starving for his attention, falling out of the closet as skeletons.

Someone also talked about Matt's stalking of Teen Moms.  It is obvious to me that Matt has a thing for very young women and girls.  I foresee a future where Amber will be passed out on the couch and Matt will try to take advantage of a post pubescent Leah.

God, help you Matt if you ever do anything to that poor girl...hell, I'll come up to Indiana and kick your ass.

• Love 1

I fear...nah, I know Amber is going to pay this man's child support arrears.  That's her man and she has a point to prove. Right now she is in way too deep with him and she knows the cacophony of I TOLD YOU SO'S will be deafening if she backs out of this relationship now.  She cant do it.  I don't know what her bottom will be with this Matt dude, but back child support ain't it.

She's going to pay what she can to show that she is all about loving her man and they are a team.  Out of all the girls I have my money on Amber being the one with absolutely nothing to show for her Teen Mom "career".  Then and only then will that barnacle Matt leave her life.

• Love 2

I've read that Amber and Matt met on Twitter and had an online relationship for about a year. Then, at some point, Matt showed up at Amber's house with all his stuff and announced he had given up his apartment in

Boston. Apparently Amber was not expecting that but allowed him to move in anyway.

Is that accurate? Had they even met in person before that?

I've read that Amber and Matt met on Twitter and had an online relationship for about a year. Then, at some point, Matt showed up at Amber's house with all his stuff and announced he had given up his apartment in

Boston. Apparently Amber was not expecting that but allowed him to move in anyway.

This is when you call the police.  I bet you the apartment he lived in was a type of flophouse and he was probably in the process of being evicted. 

• Love 4

I think that's more or less true. Two quibbles - I think they probably had an online relationship, or talking on the phone, or whatever, for less than a year. Also, I don't think he just randomly showed up. I think she was expecting him to come for a visit, but during talks with production he let it slip that he had given up his apartment back east. Amber did look a bit taken aback, but then I think she settled on it being a "romantic gesture". 

• Love 6

I got the impression (and may be miss-remembering) that they had met before and spent some time together in person, although not that much. She went to visit him for a week or weekend, then he came to visit her and whoopsie now he lives there. I don't know if it's so much her allowing him to move in as much as he just didn't pack his bags and leave when he was supposed to.

The length of their relationship seems to change every episode, so who knows, but I do believe they've at least been 'talking'/Twittering/whatever for a year.

I wonder if she can even afford all his back child support PLUS their house flipping ventures.

qtype perhaps he was living somewhere that he wanted to turn into his own sober living facility with a fully stocked bar?  I can see that getting him kicked out.

I never thought I'd feel sorry for Amber but when I reply to all of these posts and post all of these thoughts at once, I kinda do. I feel even sorrier for Leah.

(edited for typo fix)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 2

On the MTV front, I would bet that Matt only signed a waiver to allow to be filmed, and that MTV just upped Amber's pay. That way they aren't paying him, like if he and Amber broke up midseason, and nothing is garnished. Plus then Matt can pressure Amber about her "owing" him a house.

If I remember correctly, when he showed up at Amber's house (with no place to go home to) he brought his collection of record albums, hung them all over her walls, and claimed he had been a DJ.

I hope Amber gets her shit together and gets away from this guy before they get married (or she gets pregnant).

• Love 1

OMG if there is a God Matt will get served on camera.

Ps I'm watching right now, I'm not sure which episode it was but they were driving and talking to a producer and Amber was saying how she used to have Leah every weekend and how good of a mom she is... And all I could think of was when they took Leah to that sketchfest hotel.

OMG if there is a God Matt will get served on camera.

Ps I'm watching right now, I'm not sure which episode it was but they were driving and talking to a producer and Amber was saying how she used to have Leah every weekend and how good of a mom she is... And all I could think of was when they took Leah to that sketchfest hotel.

• Love 4

According to The Ashley, who found the court records, there are seven current child support orders against Matt by five different women (two of them ex-wives). The cases were in other states, but were moved to Indiana when Matt moved there to live with Amber. Several attempts at summons were made on Matt in Indiana which were unsuccessful. Five out of the seven kids are now adults, but the cases are still active as Matt owes back payment. 

Wow...just Wow.  The Ashley article is a Must Read!  Matt is (technically) a grandfather, and he owes a whole lot of money.  And Amber says she will stand by her man no matter what.

• Love 1

Amber is attacking Kristina's parenting right now on twitter! Wow she hasn't changed at all, not a bit!

My goodness twitter is scary, so many of her fans are backing her story and telling her she's doing the right thing by attacking the Shirleys and she should be proud of her sobriety!

Wow the koolaid is strong on twitter!

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 2

http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/02/01/exclusive-interview-matt-baiers-baby-mama-reveals-all-why-she-fears-for-teen-mom-amber-portwood-what-mtv-is-planning-to-do/

The Ashley has news about another child(8th) and her mother is speaking out in hopes that Amber gets rid of Matt the con artist!

Un-Frickin-Believable.  Nine kids and counting.  He's a Serial Hit-and-Run, and vulnerable women continue to fall for his lies.  The dude should be behind bars.  Positively Pathological.

double post.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 3