Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Does that mean that Amber & NewMatt "started dating" on May 15? May 16? I know we've been dying to find out the real timeline of this train wreck and have to wait until the baby is born to have it authenticated. That said, thank God that Amber is dumb enough to let details like this slip so we can justifiably judge her!

Marriage Boot Camp didn't even start filming until somewhere around mid-June, and she supposedly barely knew Andrew during the filming (remember...Andrew TOTES related to her story y'all!!). According to that, the earliest they started dating would've been JULY, which in the world I live, was 6 MONTHS ago.  It's not even close to 9 months if you counted the first month as a month (which idiots like Amber & Jenelle love to do). 

• Love 8
Just now, CaliforniaLove said:

Marriage Boot Camp didn't even start filming until somewhere around mid-June, and she supposedly barely knew Andrew during the filming (remember...Andrew TOTES related to her story y'all!!). According to that, the earliest they started dating would've been JULY, which in the world I live, was 6 MONTHS ago.  It's not even close to 9 months if you counted the first month as a month (which idiots like Amber & Jenelle love to do). 

He related to her story because he freakin' stalked her during the filming of the show!! I nearly died laughing when Amber mentioned (on Monday's show) how they came to be together. I forgot the exact wording, but I believe it was something akin to "fate/destiny/happened out of the blue/was so random." 

She really needs a dictionary as well as someone who can teach her HOW to use it.

Maybe Leah can help her with her math so Amber can figure out how to count?

• Love 4
On 1/22/2018 at 2:52 PM, leighroda said:

If Amber is saving lives, I’m starting my career as a Victoria secret model next week. 

I feel bad being so cynical about it, if Amber is able to listen and really help, as much as I dislike her I guess that’s great. I think a lot of these people that reach out on social media just need someone to listen. I have a friend that has a pretty large following on YouTube (she’s in a band and they have almost 4 mil subscribers on YouTube)  their target audience is tween/teen girls, and they get literally hundreds maybe even thousands of messages every day from people threatening suicide or self harm if they don’t respond, or don’t feel like they have anyone else to talk to, she said it can be really overwhelming because on one hand you naturally want to help, but on the other they are young themselves (my friend is 27, but her youngest sister in the band is 17) and just aren’t equipped to handle it.  She has stories about times where she or one of her sisters have responded and tried to help, but they just can’t, like they respond to one thing and then that is resolved but then they have something else and it just gets to be too much, then when either they don’t see a message or aren’t available the people get mad, she said it’s one of the hardest parts of having a large following, they want to help but just can’t. That’s what worries me about Amber marketing herself as a mental health professional, especially when she herself is clearly struggling, I’m not sure she understands what a huge liability she is setting herself up for... it’s one thing to bring awareness but another to act like an expert.

THIS!!!! I agree with you 1000% about people and their ability to help those who truly are in need. It's great that your friend and her sister has been able to help people, but it's not fair to them if they are possibly feeling horrible about not checking their e-mail every three minutes. I bet that's not what they signed up for when they opted to pursue music.

It's one thing to share stories or tricks/tips for dealing w/ specific issues that two people might have in common in a mutually agreed upon manner/format. However, for those in need of real help, especially for younger people who are reaching out, they need to be communicating with adults who have to be properly trained in order to take on such a massive responsibility. Hell, there is a reason that more than one person works at call centers! Not every person who is depressed has the same symptoms; mental illness isn't a cookie cutter issue. Answer A doesn't always work for Problem A or Question A from those in need of help or a sounding board. There are too many variables involved when people reach out for help, like their emotional state of mind or whether or not they might be under the influence of something.

A crisis center team that is open 24/7/365 visits all of the English classes once a year at most every school in the county. Their sole purpose is to talk to the kids about depression/suicide/other traumas and present available options to let the students know about the center's services and privacy policies. In their presentation, the team answers questions, quiz the kids on basic mental health issues and hand out pens with the crisis line phone # inscribed on them. I did pull the crisis center team members aside to share with them about the kids "playing therapist" among each other. We had a chat and I asked that they reinforce the idea that friends/peers are great sounding boards, but when in doubt, it's best to leave it to the trained people who work at the center. 

Amber reminds me of the 10th graders (bless their hearts, not Amber's) who think they can "counsel" their friends and "fix them" by "acting as their counselor" when they have no idea what the hell they're talking about or going through, except the high schoolers actually do more and know more than Amber.  I've actually seen a young lady acting as a legit mediator (albeit a lousy one) during the passing periods with a couple that was having "jealousy issues." I understand (and really appreciate) that students want to help one another, but there will be so many times when they won't have the experience or the ability to handle the various traumas that their classmates share with them.

Shoot, there have been times when I couldn't even think about what to say (when I'm asked) because I've had zero experience in whatever I'm being asked about. I'm honest though, and tell them I've never done XYZ, but I will always listen to them. You're spot on @leighroda; many people just need someone to listen to them without fear of being judged or having their parent/guardian find out.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, druzy said:

Someone please tell Andrew that the buttons go all the way up on a shirt for a reason.

1 hour ago, SuzWhat said:

I'm hoping Leah does not know what "pregnant" means?   When do you learn that?   I'm grasping at straws here, folks.   This bitch.  

My kids are 6, 7, and 9 and they not only know what pregnant means, they all know how you get pregnant. The questions start earlier than you think! 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Ruh - Roh.  Forever High's website is down.  Temporarily or permanently?  Does this mean their Christmas sale is finally over?

"The server either does not recognize the request method, or it lacks the ability to fulfill the request."

http://beforeverhaute.com

It's still registered but it is no longer anonymous (you pay a minimal fee for that) and it shows her address and phone number. She probably didn't pay her bill for the server that is hosting her website. New Matt is slacking.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 4

NewMatt makes me way more uneasy than OriginalMatt. Original was a scumbag manipulator no question but he was also not all that bright. He just happened to stumble onto the easiest mark of all time in Amber. I bet even he was blown away by just how easy it was to weasel his way into her life and her bank account and stay there. 

But NewMatt seems a bit more sophisticated and cunning. Original kept hitting up other Teen Moms before finally getting Amber to take his bait. NewMatt clearly targeted Amber specifically probably after watching how OriginalMatt played her. He preyed on her when she was on MBC and then used OriginalMatt's already guaranteed to work maneuever of showing up in Indiana for a visit and then missing his flight home. It would not surprise me to learn that he badgered her into going off her meds and having unprotected sex with lots of sweet nothings about how much happier she seems and how she should just try to go off her meds to see how she feels. In this week's episode she basically admitted to the producer that the pregnancy was not really a surprise which makes me think he was trying to knock her up.

I just can't figure out his motives yet but I am confident that they are not good and I think he is going to leave her in a much worse place than her breakup with OriginalMatt did. That poor innocent baby. Ugh. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Someone please tell Andrew that the buttons go all the way up on a shirt for a reason.

My kids are 6, 7, and 9 and they not only know what pregnant means, they all know how you get pregnant. The questions start earlier than you think! 

My 6 year old is starting to ask about babies and where they come from. We always get stuck on the "eggs" part, as she can't fathom how a woman's eggs and like, edible eggs, are different.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bridget said:

Amber & Matt 1.0 broke up on May 14.

Amber tweeted on Jan 21 that she and NewMatt (Father Time was a freakin' hysterical moniker though! ) are about to celebrate being together for nine months. (I refuse to entertain the word "anniversary" unless it's used correctly...you know, as the Latin root word indicates how it's meant to be used.)

Does that mean that Amber & NewMatt "started dating" on May 15? May 16? I know we've been dying to find out the real timeline of this train wreck and have to wait until the baby is born to have it authenticated. That said, thank God that Amber is dumb enough to let details like this slip so we can justifiably judge her!

She was back with Matt around July 4th Holiday. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bridget said:

Amber & Matt 1.0 broke up on May 14.

Amber tweeted on Jan 21 that she and NewMatt (Father Time was a freakin' hysterical moniker though! ) are about to celebrate being together for nine months. (I refuse to entertain the word "anniversary" unless it's used correctly...you know, as the Latin root word indicates how it's meant to be used.)

I can only assume that couch time is different than our normal time. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

My 6 -year-old has known forever. We have animals and have given birth to two litters of kittens and a litter of puppies. (They've since been fixed, thank God.) We've always been honest about where she and her brother came from and how they got here (through Mommy's tummy) even if she doesn't quite understand the mechanics. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I know!! That is what doesn't make sense. Then again, this is Amber we are talking about.  

Amber said Baby Huey reached out to her TWO WEEKS after filming MBC:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amber-portwood-is-so-happy-with-new-boyfriend-andrew-glennon-w499642/

During the weekend of August 20, 2017, she denied being with Matt and was claiming to be  SINGLEhttp://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/amber-portwood-matt-baier-breakup-134463/photos/amber-portwood-matt-baier12-252251

That is not true as the video of Baby Huey hugging her and grabbing her tits occurred in the first week of August. 

Amber introduced Leah to Baby Huey "a few days ago" when they had ice cream according to this article dated August 25, 2017https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amber-portwood-is-so-happy-with-new-boyfriend-andrew-glennon-w499642/

In early November she announced she was pregnant AND that it was a boy. His name will be James:

https://okmagazine.com/photos/amber-portwood-baby-daddy-andrew-glennon-moves-in/

Unless she had some early blood work done (I doubt it) to confirm she is having a boy, I am guessing she was at least 16 weeks pregnant and had a sonogram done. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

I know!! That is what doesn't make sense. Then again, this is Amber we are talking about.  

Amber said Baby Huey reached out to her TWO WEEKS after filming MBC:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amber-portwood-is-so-happy-with-new-boyfriend-andrew-glennon-w499642/

During the weekend of August 20, 2017, she denied being with Matt and was claiming to be  SINGLEhttp://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/amber-portwood-matt-baier-breakup-134463/photos/amber-portwood-matt-baier12-252251

That is not true as the video of Baby Huey hugging her and grabbing her tits occurred in the first week of August. 

Amber introduced Leah to Baby Huey "a few days ago" when they had ice cream according to this article dated August 25, 2017https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amber-portwood-is-so-happy-with-new-boyfriend-andrew-glennon-w499642/

In early November she announced she was pregnant AND that it was a boy. His name will be James:

https://okmagazine.com/photos/amber-portwood-baby-daddy-andrew-glennon-moves-in/

Unless she had some early blood work done (I doubt it) to confirm she is having a boy, I am guessing she was at least 16 weeks pregnant and had a sonogram done. 

Nobody can convince me otherwise that you are either in the CIA or a high-powered criminal defense attorney. If I ever need to lawyer-up I'm hiring you!

Amber's lies don't add up.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, druzy said:

Nobody can convince me otherwise that you are either in the CIA or a high-powered criminal defense attorney. If I ever need to lawyer-up I'm hiring you!

Amber's lies don't add up.

Honey, I learned from YOU, the fact-gathering queen! :-) 

Definitely, her lies do not add up. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My 6 -year-old has known forever. We have animals and have given birth to two litters of kittens and a litter of puppies. (They've since been fixed, thank God.) We've always been honest about where she and her brother came from and how they got here (through Mommy's tummy) even if she doesn't quite understand the mechanics. 

I showed my 3 year old son a picture of me, pregnant with him, and said, “guess what, you’re in this picture too- you’re in my belly!”  He looks horrified and says, “you ate me??”

Ok so if her website is down, that means she’s out of money right?  Didn’t they just get their paychecks?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I showed my 3 year old son a picture of me, pregnant with him, and said, “guess what, you’re in this picture too- you’re in my belly!”  He looks horrified and says, “you ate me??”

Ok so if her website is down, that means she’s out of money right?  Didn’t they just get their paychecks?

How cute and funny!!!

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

paragraph 1: that's fucking hilarious. hahahahahahahahahah

paragraph 2: clearly they're not as understanding about not being paid as Gary is.  #hatters

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

My 6 year old is starting to ask about babies and where they come from. We always get stuck on the "eggs" part, as she can't fathom how a woman's eggs and like, edible eggs, are different.

Major props to you (and to all of the other parents here) for using the anatomically correct terms and explaining the actual process.

I'd love for Gary to explain conception to Leah as: "Well, when a crazy lady (AKA the female who gave birth to you) stops taking her necessary medicine and puts out after only knowing some creepy guy for five minutes..."

Kidding! Only kind of. Too soon?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I'd love for Gary to explain conception to Leah as: "Well, when a crazy lady (AKA the female who gave birth to you) stops taking her necessary medicine and puts out after only knowing some creepy guy for five minutes..."

Kidding! Only kind of. Too soon?

lol 

Nothing is too soon for Amber. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

My daughter brags to my son that she was born "through Mommy's belly" (C-section) instead of "through Mommy's jina" like him. Oh, the conversations in our house...

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 9

Remember back when Amber used to blame all her problems on the fact that her younger sister died from SIDS? She hasn't mentioned it in years. It always bugged me when she'd talk about it in her usual Amber way. My son died from SIDS when he was 2 months old. 

• Love 8

@mamadrama sadly, I feel like Amber only used that trauma to garner sympathy for why she fucked up in life when it most likely had nothing to do with it.

Just like when she got her 9 years post pregnancy mommy makeover, she said she wanted to be reshaped to her old figure after what having Leah did to her Body. Does she think we forgot about the time she got SUPER skinny from pillses???? She gained all of that NEW WEIGHT from being fused to the couch and eating Ribeyes in her sleep.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

@mamadrama sadly, I feel like Amber only used that trauma to garner sympathy for why she fucked up in life when it most likely had nothing to do with it.

That's what I figured too. Once she'd used that storyline up, she tossed it. 

• Love 4

@druzy all jokes aside, I’ve never really thought about the effects of being physically, Verbally and emotionally abused by Amber that Gary must have dealt with. We hear about it all the time how women that were abused by their husbands or boyfriends go through terrible depression or more mental breakdowns due to the abuse. I guess with gary being a male I never thought about the damage that the relationship may caused him. Sadly.

Screw you Amber! How about Gary’s depression for being in an abusive relationship with YOU!! He should be the one needing therapy and sympathy for what he endured!!!!!!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Did we know Amber made suicide attemptS ?

Is this an example of how she intends to help people on her new site?  "I'm sorry you are depressed/suicidal/bipolar/incarcerated, I was/am too.  But you know, if I send you light and love and my magical baby daddy, you'll be cured."

• Love 6
20 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

My bff's family started a special charity because there wasn't one already set up to do what they wanted to do.  It is incredibly involved, and they are educated and diligent people.  It took many friends and family volunteering to get it going and to work the fundraisers.  I just can't see Amber doing it.

(My BFF's 17 year old son died in a car accident so their charity is a memorial scholarship in his name for the special needs school he attended.  When he was 12, he was at his dad's house riding a Can-Am 4 wheeler without a helmet and he hit a tree.  He was in a coma for weeks and it was months of rehab.  There is a special needs private school in our area that he attended after the accident.  The brain injury caused him to have seizures, but the seizures were controlled.  He was able to get his driver license, and about 1 month later he had a seizure while driving which caused him to wreck.   It has been incredibly difficult for his family, but the memorial scholarship is a good deed they do to honor him.  Everyone who knew him and loves him pitches in to help.)

So sorry for your friend and her family.  That is a lot for one family to go through.  Hearing stories like this is what makes my blood boil when I hear Amber and some of the others on these shows constantly complaining about how rough things are.  What would they do if real tragedy ever struck?

And as far as the complaints about being so stressed (Tyler), and tired (Amber), I'll echo what another poster mentioned above ... those of us who were pregnant, working a full time job while caring for other small children, know what it's like to be tired, but Amber can't even go shopping without a wheelchair!  Imagine how many vacations these nitwits would need if they actually lived in the real world. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DaisyMae2011 said:

So sorry for your friend and her family.  That is a lot for one family to go through.  Hearing stories like this is what makes my blood boil when I hear Amber and some of the others on these shows constantly complaining about how rough things are.  What would they do if real tragedy ever struck?

And as far as the complaints about being so stressed (Tyler), and tired (Amber), I'll echo what another poster mentioned above ... those of us who were pregnant, working a full time job while caring for other small children, know what it's like to be tired, but Amber can't even go shopping without a wheelchair!  Imagine how many vacations these nitwits would need if they actually lived in the real world. 

I can't even imagine how y'all do it. An 18-month-old, horses, cows, a husband who works full time and being a department head for the City leaves me exhausted. Adding another baby would make me go off the deep end. See there, Amber? I know I can't handle another kiddo so I'm not having one. Crazy, right?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Birdee said:

I can't even imagine how y'all do it. An 18-month-old, horses, cows, a husband who works full time and being a department head for the City leaves me exhausted. Adding another baby would make me go off the deep end. See there, Amber? I know I can't handle another kiddo so I'm not having one. Crazy, right?

You are a responsible adult...that is the difference!   Amber can't figure out the responsible part.  Lol

She is showing young people...hey go screw dudes you just met with no protection! Makes me angry. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Birdee said:

I mean, okay, if you don't *want* any extra social media attention or the "right" to constantly complain about how tired you are...

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

How about Gary’s depression for being in an abusive relationship with YOU!!

He's still in the abusive relationship with Amber. I hope she moves to Malibu with this new moron, she'll still probably see Leah as much as she does now.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Did we know Amber made suicide attemptS ?

I remember one incident. Gary called 911 when she threatened to kill herself. Most likely it was a threat for attention, not that she was actually going to harm herself. 

ETA: Found an article: http://news.lalate.com/2011/06/14/amber-portwood-suicide-attempt-tried-to-hang-herself-report/

36 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

He's still in the abusive relationship with Amber. I hope she moves to Malibu with this new moron, she'll still probably see Leah as much as she does now.

Nooooooo. I don't need her that close to me. 

Edited by GreatKazu
added link to confirm what I remembered
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Tatum said:

I just tell them it's like how certain animals lay eggs, except a woman's develop inside the body, while a bird's or frog's develop outside and still in the egg. 

The way Amber sits around, you'd think SHE'S hatching a damn egg. 

13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Many years my boys saw a picture of me pregnant with my 2nd son (I was biggest with him, looked like a damn watermelon) and said, "She must have had DAD in her belly then!"

3 hours ago, Birdee said:

It's about knowing yourself, and knowing your limits. I always wanted at least 4 kids. When we had our daughter, I realized I was done. She was high maintenance from the get go. Not just fussy, but I'm talking cried constantly, hated so many different sounds, would only eat certain things, couldn't wear certain things. We've never had her formally diagnosed, the behavioral specialist we saw said it wasn't necessary, but I believe she has high functioning autism. Anyhow, rambling aside, I knew from the early months that she would need much more attention and help than my other kids and that there was no way we could have more babies. I felt a bit sad about it, but I made my peace with it. And our family is just how it was meant to be!

I always applauded Amber for not having more. I figured she knew it was not for her, and that getting pregnant as a teen was a big mistake, even though she ostensibly loves Leah. All that fell apart when she got pregnant again. Actually, let me rephrase that - all that fell apart when she intentionally went off her fucking meds, thought a dick could sort out the chemical imbalances in her brain, and let a dude she barely knows impregnate her. She is insane. She doesn't need a Youtube channel, she needs a padded cell. 

• Love 20
20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I always applauded Amber for not having more. I figured she knew it was not for her, and that getting pregnant as a teen was a big mistake, even though she ostensibly loves Leah. All that fell apart when she got pregnant again. Actually, let me rephrase that - all that fell apart when she intentionally went off her fucking meds, thought a dick could sort out the chemical imbalances in her brain, and let a dude she barely knows impregnate her. She is insane. She doesn't need a Youtube channel, she needs a padded cell.

THIS!! 100%

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

I’m rewatching old episodes and holy shit Amber was verbally abusive. That hasn’t changed, either. Good luck Same-Great -Taste-Less-Filling Matt! 

Where are you watching the old eps?  I have tried to watch them on the MTV app, but I cannot pull them up.  I figured Hulu would have them, but no.  

• Love 1

Deciding to discontinue meds because she wanted to see if New Matt would basically be a cure is what pissed me off. 

She has nothing to offer anyone, IMO , regarding real assistance with anything, never mind a real mental health issue. 

Her you tube crap better come with some large print disclaimers. She should also put them on all of her social media accounts.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Deciding to discontinue meds because she wanted to see if New Matt would basically be a cure is what pissed me off. 

She has nothing to offer anyone, IMO , regarding real assistance with anything, never mind a real mental health issue. 

Her you tube crap better come with some large print disclaimers. She should also put them on all of her social media accounts.

Her online store is still offline. I doubt she will follow through with this Youtube channel. Kind of like when Catelyn was going to borrow a ship (her words not mine) to bring supplies to Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.

• Love 14
On 1/25/2018 at 11:50 AM, ghoulina said:

The way Amber sits around, you'd think SHE'S hatching a damn egg. 

SHE IS TOTALLY THE MOTHER in "Horton Hatches an Egg!"

2 hours ago, leighroda said:

I was diagnosed when I randomly took an online quiz, and it was the result... now before everyone starts saying an online quiz can’t diagnose that, I know... I didn’t take the quiz’s response seriously, but I did start researching it and saw myself in a lot of the characteristics of bpd. I had recently started seeing a psychiatrist before the quiz, so I asked her and she agreed that she had noticed signs in me. 

First of all, big hugs. And kudos to you in seeking help.

I quoted you because your story of how you started to realize you potentially had a diagnosis was so similar to mine. I've fought anxiety and depression my entire adult life. College was especially rough. I was with my now husband and I had a co-worker who was open about his ADD so I started googling to see if he fit any standard criteria. And it was all me.  All.  Me. So much. The co-morbidities...anxiety, depression. Feeling like you're not as successful as your peers. Impulse control issues. 

I went to the doctor (after I reconciled myself to it) and the diagnosis came back "moderate ADD (non-hyperactive)." And since I started taking meds, so much better. Literally life changing. 

Right now I'm anxious about traveling for work, but it's nothing like it was in the past. 

• Love 9

It looks as if Andrew?(I forgot his name) is pretty naive. Like laughably so..he has no idea what he's in for with miss piggy. Wait until he pisses her off and she goes Donkey Kong ... I just hope they get it on tape. 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, malaluna said:

It looks as if Andrew?(I forgot his name) is pretty naive. Like laughably so..he has no idea what he's in for with miss piggy. Wait until he pisses her off and she goes Donkey Kong ... I just hope they get it on tape. 

Did Andrew not YouTube the “best/worst of Amber Portwood”?

• Love 13