Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Okay, the video of Amber kissing the mystery man at the zoo occurred on August 7th: http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/08/11/amber-portwood-kisses-mystery-man-matt-baier-responds/

Amber tweets she is dating on August 12th. I posted link in previous post, but here it is again:  http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/teen-mom-amber-portwood-new-boyfriend-matt-baier-139236/photos/amber-portwood-matt-baier12-252251

September 23rd Amber posted photos of her trip to Hawaii: https://www.inquisitr.com/4517039/teen-mom-og-star-amber-portwood-and-boyfriend-vacation-in-hawaii/

December 8th she announced she was having a boy. 

Generally, ultrasounds can confirm if one is having a boy or a girl when a female is 18-20 weeks pregnant. 

You know I love ya, but I can't ever erase that zoo video from my mind now. Thanks so much! (Kidding!!!)

I am owning it as being my own damn fault for watching...just like the train wreck show I can't quit.

I guess it's legit evidence that she got off of her couch that day. I suppose that means her annual quota for getting her arse off of the sofa was met. 

PS: I literally said "ewwwww" during the part where NewMatt is fondling her in the beginning. WHO does that in public?

• Love 6
Just now, Bridget said:

You know I love ya, but I can't ever erase that zoo video from my mind now. Thanks so much! (Kidding!!!)

I am owning it as being my own damn fault for watching...just like the train wreck show I can't quit.

I guess it's legit evidence that she got off of her couch that day. I suppose that means her annual quota for getting her arse off of the sofa was met. 

PS: I literally said "ewwwww" during the part where NewMatt is fondling her in the beginning. WHO does that in public?

To each one of your comments: Word...word...word....word! 

lol at the annual quota comment. HA!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Pisces power IS real! We do have intuition and "ESPN" as I jokingly call it. Maybe we are birthday twins? Yours isn't listed on your profile. I'm February 27.

I'm March 4th- close enough!

Keeping on TMOG topic - Catelynn is March 12th. 

• Love 2
Just now, druzy said:

I'm March 4th- close enough!

Keeping on TMOG topic - Catelynn is March 12th. 

Get out! March 4 is my mom's birthday! I'll never forget yours now.

Staying on topic, I had no idea Cate is a Pisces!

• Love 2

My oldest son is March 4th.  And his dearly departed Min Pin, Dixie Dog.  

Druzy, I like your timeline.  It's pretty close to what I came up with, too.  I just don't think we will ever know though.  Even if Amber tells the truth-I wouldn't believe her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Get out! March 4 is my mom's birthday! I'll never forget yours now.

Staying on topic, I had no idea Cate is a Pisces!

1 hour ago, MissMel said:

My oldest son is March 4th.  And his dearly departed Min Pin, Dixie Dog.  

Druzy, I like your timeline.  It's pretty close to what I came up with, too.  I just don't think we will ever know though.  Even if Amber tells the truth-I wouldn't believe her.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

March 3rd! Hello fellow fish!

I feel so connected! 

Like you said @ MissMel Even if Amber tells the truth-I wouldn't believe her. I love that Dixie was born on your son's birthday!

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, druzy said:

Amber is back. 

She found her way to this forum & decided Twitter was more tolerable. *Sending Love*

Cate's reply: awwww, thanks babe @amberLportwood, luv ya...has Maci asked about me? #mytrueidol

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think it's more likely Amber just got pregnant by Andrew because 1) she's stupid and Andrew wanted to hitch himself to her D-list fame wagon; 2) she wanted to have a spite baby after she broke up with Matt.  I'm probably giving her too much credit for thinking that maybe she was pregnant by her long-term loser ex-boyfriend and saw Andrew as an easy mark for a baby daddy upgrade. 

what if it's true that they get bonuses for having babies?  (which is insane, which strangely almost reminds me of some Handmaid's Tale shit...don't mind me...Mister's got me on a binge...)

• Love 8
18 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Also, if this is Matt's baby then perhaps Amber is slightly smarter than we've all thought.  Since we know Matt doesn't stick around once he's had a kid, she'd know she'd be left alone to raise the baby (with no Gary to dump the kid on). She'd also know there would be no way she'd ever be getting a dime of child support out of Matt.

Enter Andrew. He has (well, had, when they met) a job.  He has a skill/work experience so he could get a job again making respectable money (or enough to pay child support anyway). He comes from an allegedly wealthy family who would probably pay his child support if he didn't do so just to keep him out of jail or for the well-being of his child.  His family probably has at least the means to care for the baby and probably someone in the family who might step up if they break up and both flake out on raising the child, whereas Amber has no one (maybe Bubby but I doubt it unless it was absolutely necessary as he has his own kids & responsibilities) & Matt definitely has no one who would take over the care/cost of a new baby.

Andrew might want to request a paternity test. Just saying. (I wouldn't do it while standing near the stairs, though, Andrew.....because Amber will not take that request well.)

I think it's more likely Amber just got pregnant by Andrew because 1) she's stupid and Andrew wanted to hitch himself to her D-list fame wagon; 2) she wanted to have a spite baby after she broke up with Matt.  I'm probably giving her too much credit for thinking that maybe she was pregnant by her long-term loser ex-boyfriend and saw Andrew as an easy mark for a baby daddy upgrade. 

Great points you bring up! But i truly agree with the latter....shes not that smart. Thats more kail's territory, she's got the little "hoe smarts" about her. She tried to pull that shit off with chris and the trap baby but it backfired completely on her dumbass. Amber doesnt even have the motivation to even be a smart hoe, almost like briana! 

• Love 7

YOU GUYS!!!! So I've always been into Teen Mom 2, I have watched that since seeing Chelsea's 16 and Pregnant (she reminds me a lot of my best friend, which is what got me into it)

I didn't get into Teen Mom OG until it had been on for a while. So I never saw the first few seasons, these Amber clips are killing me. Like I think Jenelle is TERRIBLE, but wow I may hate Amber more. How abusive she is towards Gary is just horrible, and I'm so glad that she lost custody of Leah, and I get all the worry for the new baby now!!! 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Amber's temper is frightening...I'm wondering if all that pent up anger would have turned towards Leah if she had retained custody?  I really am afraid for her unborn son.

In the video @druzy posted, you can clearly see she has no patience whatsoever for Leah. None at all. It all begins at the 6:20 mark. A little further into the video (6:55 mark) Amber yells at Gary about smacking Leah as a form of discipline.  Smacking a toddler. I hate this bitch.

Amber really seems to resent Leah. Leah is a child who needs attention and Amber, being mentally stunted, just cannot tolerate another child needing attention or receiving attention when it is Amber who desires and demands attention. She wants all the focus on herself and her needs. 

Yeah, Amber's newborn won't fare any better. Andrew will be the one to deal with the baby. Since I don't know his fat ass at all other than his DV and drug charges, I will assume he is not one to be handling a baby either. ) 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13
On 1/17/2018 at 0:05 PM, Lm2162 said:

Look, I've had major depression for years and been suicidal in the past, and I am totally against any kind of stigmatization of mental health issues. I don't think it affects my parenting at all except that I have always made sure I had childcare available because I know that I need to avoid sleep deprivation and exhaustion (not that others don't, but that's especially important if you have mental health issues) or my PTSD/depression/anxiety will kick in. I'm the last person on earth to further stigmatize people with those issues or judge them, or to not believe people who say they are struggling. I know many parents (in both support groups I've been in and ones I've led, and my career) who have mental health problems from mild to very serious and they are great parents. I think it's great when people are open about their struggles, from psychosis to depression to panic attacks to insomnia to suicidal ideation. Almost everything can be managed.

So after that disclaimer so it doesn't seem like I'm just being a dick, I'll say this. I don't believe Amber actually has those issues. I think she has *some* kind of problem, maybe, but it's not nearly as serious and intractable as she makes it out to be. I think she works herself up into some drama and hysterical fits and rage, and maybe does some drugs or gets drunk when she has a breakup, and calls it "being suicidal." I think she feels frustrated or emotional and doesn't want to get out of bed and calls it "severe depression." I think she's certainly codependent and all that and relies on men for her worth and their constant attention/being waited on, and values them above her daughter and herself, and calls it "BPD" or "bipolar disorder." I sincerely doubt she is actually a mental health advocate because I also sincerely doubt she has any of those real issues, and she's really stigmatizing those of us who are, um...not like her. She's heard some diagnoses from a therapist or two, or maybe even just looked some stuff up online, and they serve as convenient excuses anytime she acts like a deadbeat. Upset over your breakup with Matt? It was the suicidal ideation! Drinking again? It's the bipolar disorder! Don't feel like being a parent? It's her major depressive disorder! Psychology has become a religion in some aspects of our culture. It's the same way some "Christians" use Satan: "The devil did it." But most of all? I think she is lazy. Like deadly, deadly lazy. And selfish. And she's never been held accountable, and she always has some older boyfriend waiting on her, so she never has to develop a single coping skill for whatever depression or anxiety symptoms she DOES have...which again, I don't think are serious genetic problems or severe and debilitating like she pretends they are. I think they're debilitating because she can't deal with ANYTHING.

But sometimes people aren't mentally ill, or suicidal, or depressed. Sometimes they just suck.

Amber sucks.

@Lm2162 I have been in the same boat with you and I want to like this times infinity!!!!!

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

In the video @druzy posted, you can clearly see she has no patience whatsoever for Leah. None at all. It all begins at the 6:20 mark. A little further into the video (6:55 mark) Amber yells at Gary about smacking Leah as a form of discipline.  Smacking a toddler. I hate this bitch. 

Yeah, Amber's newborn won't fare any better. Andrew will be the one to deal with the baby. Since I don't know his fat ass at all other than his DV and drug charges, I will assume he is not one to be handling a baby either. ) 

Great catch, @GreatKazu.

Amber is a fucking monster. I hope Andrew takes that baby to the Malibu family home and keeps him far from Indiana. 

• Love 7

If she announced it was a boy end of Dec, she could be about 4-5 months along then. You typically get the gender u/s done somewhere around 20 weeks, maybe a bit sooner.

FYI-you can now take a blood test at 10 or 12 weeks and they can tell what you're having.  I was pregnant last year and it was done during the blood work for my genetic screen.  

Edited by ccphilly
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Amber really seems to resent Leah. Leah is a child who needs attention and Amber, being mentally stunted, just cannot tolerate another child needing attention or receiving attention when it is Amber who desires and demands attention. She wants all the focus on herself and her needs. 

I still remember when that bitch went to some oceanfront rehab center in Malibu, and she's talking to her counselor, and the counselor says that Amber's face just lights up when she talks about Leah, and the counselor can tell Amber is a super awesome mom who just loves her baby to death.  Of course Amber eats that right up with a big smug smile, but I don't ever remember Amber lighting up at Leah. Even when they were playing or Amber was laughing at something Leah was doing, it just seemed so forced and like she was just doing it for the cameras.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yes, I know all of that. I've had 3 kids. :-)

My wording may have been off and confusing but we both seem to agree that early-to mid-August is the possible conception date. 

Haha, I know you know what you're talking about, but this post just cracked me up, because it reminded me of when I was back on the Trying to Get Pregnant boards on the Bump, and some idiot would come on and say something that irked all the regs (this was kind of a hostile environment for newbies, and those Bump chicks were hella blunt and snarky), something like, my period is late but the pregnancy tests say negative- could 13 tests really be wrong? And the Bump chicks would tell her pretty curtly that she should do some reading on how her body works as there is no such thing as a "late" period, and the original poster would get all huffy and say, I know how it works, I have a kid already okay? As if having a kid is akin to having a PhD in biology or something.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, druzy said:

I don't believe she is going to classes and therapy. I think she reads this thread. 

Someone tweet at her and asks if she lugs the couch to her "classes".

She makes a fair point. Telling a clinically depressed person that they need to shake it off and cheer up is an ignorant and unhelpful thing to say. But I have seen no evidence that Amber has done anything productive to manage her depression other than using her Teen Mom money to attract fat greasy men who will validate all her poor choices.

ETA: there is no way she reads this thread. If so, she would have jumped in posing as an unbiased poster to tell us how ignorant and jealous and horrible we were. I am guessing a few of the people who have tweeted at her have said similar things to what we've said here and that's what she is responding to with her classes and therapy comments.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 14
40 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I still remember when that bitch went to some oceanfront rehab center in Malibu, and she's talking to her counselor, and the counselor says that Amber's face just lights up when she talks about Leah, and the counselor can tell Amber is a super awesome mom who just loves her baby to death.  Of course Amber eats that right up with a big smug smile, but I don't ever remember Amber lighting up at Leah. Even when they were playing or Amber was laughing at something Leah was doing, it just seemed so forced and like she was just doing it for the cameras.

I read Amber's book a couple of years ago (hangs head in shame). I'm 99% sure I remember that Amber said in it that she was high even while at that MTV-funded coastal rehab center, which I think lines up with how out of it she continued to look during the scenes shot at that rehab shown on the original TM. 

Amber had some level of self-awareness when she was in and first released from prison. It's all gone now. She had some modicum of drive that she never had before or after her release, as she earned her GED in prison and participated in some kind of mentor program. I honestly think Amber is one of those people who need constant structure and will never be able to provide it for herself as adults have to do (especially if they don't have real jobs).  She flourished in prison. I think the best years of her life so far were probably spent there, which is sad. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Amber's subconscious plan for when the TMOG money train probably ends is just that she'll eventually end up back in prison due to drugs (or not paying the IRS and child support).   I almost wonder if on some level she'd rather go back to prison where everything is provided for and she has structure rather than get some kind of job/further education/save up for when TM ends. Plus, returning to prison would relieve her of parenting as well. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I read Amber's book a couple of years ago (hangs head in shame). I'm 99% sure I remember that Amber said in it that she was high even while at that MTV-funded coastal rehab center, which I think lines up with how out of it she continued to look during the scenes shot at that rehab shown on the original TM. 

Amber had some level of self-awareness when she was in and first released from prison. It's all gone now. She had some modicum of drive that she never had before or after her release, as she earned her GED in prison and participated in some kind of mentor program. I honestly think Amber is one of those people who need constant structure and will never be able to provide it for herself as adults have to do (especially if they don't have real jobs).  She flourished in prison. I think the best years of her life so far were probably spent there, which is sad. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Amber's subconscious plan for when the TMOG money train probably ends is just that she'll eventually end up back in prison due to drugs (or not paying the IRS and child support).   I almost wonder if on some level she'd rather go back to prison where everything is provided for and she has structure rather than get some kind of job/further education/save up for when TM ends. Plus, returning to prison would relieve her of parenting as well. 

Bolding: I almost posted yesterday that I was thinking Amber went back to prison to relieve herself of having to deal with owing the lease on her rental and child support. Sort of a "fuck this" attitude. 

Maci has babies to keep herself from having to "achieve her goals", Jenelle keeps having babies to avoid having to search for a job in the "medical field", Cate goes to rehab to get out of working, and Amber goes to prison to avoid dealing with paying what she owes and facing Leah. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Bolding: I almost posted yesterday that I was thinking Amber went back to prison to relieve herself of having to deal with owing the lease on her rental and child support. Sort of a "fuck this" attitude. 

Maci has babies to keep herself from having to "achieve her goals", Jenelle keeps having babies to avoid having to search for a job in the "medical field", Cate goes to rehab to get out of working, and Amber goes to prison to avoid dealing with paying what she owes and facing Leah. 

I never understand the "having babies to get out of _____" thing. Having babies pretty much makes your life more difficult in every possible way (financially, testing your relationship, mental and physical health, space, leisure time, career) and the only perk is that you now have a baby, which is awesome and lovely if you WANT a baby. If you don't, I'm not sure what it's supposed to help, but apparently they think so? It's like they think it's a doll.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Lm2162 said:

I never understand the "having babies to get out of _____" thing. Having babies pretty much makes your life more difficult in every possible way (financially, testing your relationship, mental and physical health, space, leisure time, career) and the only perk is that you now have a baby, which is awesome and lovely if you WANT a baby. If you don't, I'm not sure what it's supposed to help, but apparently they think so? It's like they think it's a doll.

Yes, dolls.

They have the luxury and people who are willing to care for their children. Maci has had that luxury since Bentley was born. She also has the money to put her babies in daycare full-time. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I am still pretty shocked Amber wound up pregnant. She seems by far the least maternal of all the girls. Even Jenelle, who is a pretty shitty mom by all standards, I think mistakenly *thought* she would enjoy having a baby, like it would be better or different this time. I mean, she's not any more  cut out for motherhood than Amber, but for a few brief moments, I think she thought a baby was what she wanted. Amber on the other hand- I don't see a pregnancy ever being a good outcome in her mind. 

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I am still pretty shocked Amber wound up pregnant. She seems by far the least maternal of all the girls. Even Jenelle, who is a pretty shitty mom byball 

She’s the least maternal —- but she is the most lazy.  She became pregnant because she’s lazy. Too lazy to take a daily birth control pill. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

I am still pretty shocked Amber wound up pregnant. She seems by far the least maternal of all the girls. Even Jenelle, who is a pretty shitty mom by all standards, I think mistakenly *thought* she would enjoy having a baby, like it would be better or different this time. I mean, she's not any more  cut out for motherhood than Amber, but for a few brief moments, I think she thought a baby was what she wanted. Amber on the other hand- I don't see a pregnancy ever being a good outcome in her mind. 

Amber said on 16&P that she never wanted kids. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

This is why I'm so confused by her pregnancy. I'm pretty sure she said she was on shots/an implant in a previous season (while she was with Matt 1.0). It doesn't seem like she and NuMatt were together long enough (even by her/their insane "standards") to plan to have a baby. I wonder whether her shot ran out/it was time to get the implant removed and, because she had just broken up with Matt and wasn't having sex/was depressed/is irresponsible and careless, she didn't re-up on birth control. Then she hooked up with NuMatt (within weeks) and didn't give any thought to birth control (possibly at least in part because she was used to not thinking about it for months/years).

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Don't understand how Amber intends to get her hair & nails done, spend hours on her phone, go shopping, out to eat, drink, party, sleep the day away & care for a newborn baby.  Hire a nanny maybe?

Amber never leaves her house. Yes she does get her nails done, and she does go on vacation because she needs to relax. Amber does not party. She is too tired and depressed. She sleeps until 4 p.m. and then orders food to be delivered. Eating out requires her to move. She is too lazy.

Baby Huey will be in charge of that baby. I hope he runs off with his baby to Malibu and demands $5,000 a month in child support.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Amber said on 16&P that she never wanted kids. 

Isn't it sad that in 21st century America, a 17-year-old girl must have children, and has no other choice, such as abstinence, contraception, morning-after pill, or abortion? What a tragedy.

Oh wait. 

(Yes, yes, I know, there are exceptions, blah-di-blah. Amber had options and chose bad ones.)

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Baby Huey will be in charge of that baby. I hope he runs off with his baby to Malibu and demands $5,000 a month in child support.

I wonder whether it's beginning to dawn on NuMatt and/or his family that they need to prepare to care for this baby without Amber's positive involvement (besides maybe paying child support). Presumably, NuMatt will go back to CA when he and Amber break up, hopefully taking the baby with him. I can't see Amber making much effort to see a child living so far away (especially one who can't even talk or meet Amber's emotional needs). If he leaves the baby in IN with Amber, I imagine it wouldn't be long before Amber's family and/or CPS had to take custody of him. Maybe Amber would find a new boyfriend/caretaker who would take care of her and the baby. OldMatt might even come back if she asked him nicely.

• Love 6

She claims she was high the entire time TM was filming. I believe it. But she’s also NOT maternal in the least - and there’s actually nothing wrong with that. The problem is that her storyline is to be the forever grieving and longing mother. I’d have way more respect for her if she’d just admit that kids aren’t her thing. Maybe she can get sober and live a productive life, but maybe not. It’s OK. Let her be a junkie who says hi to Leah once a month or so. No new babies! I’m terrified for that child because even though it was neatly a decade ago, she had proven no growth since the days when poor baby Leah was clinging to her leg. She told her to go away like a dog  I hate that those films are out there for Leah to watch someday. It breaks my heart to see that tiny little angel face clinging to that zoned out bitch. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

This is why I'm so confused by her pregnancy. I'm pretty sure she said she was on shots/an implant in a previous season (while she was with Matt 1.0). It doesn't seem like she and NuMatt were together long enough (even by her/their insane "standards") to plan to have a baby. I wonder whether her shot ran out/it was time to get the implant removed and, because she had just broken up with Matt and wasn't having sex/was depressed/is irresponsible and careless, she didn't re-up on birth control. Then she hooked up with NuMatt (within weeks) and didn't give any thought to birth control (possibly at least in part because she was used to not thinking about it for months/years).

I also don't understand how these people don't use condoms. Before I was married there wasn't a single time I had sex when I wasn't using 2 forms of birth control. I know I might be in the minority there (maybe? I was always paranoid), but they just casually use none?! And the guys they sleep with are like "ok cool you're on the pill?" Don't they know it can fail, and you can both get STDs even if the woman is on birth control?! And they're not getting tested before they start having regular sex with a new partner?!?!?!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND Y'ALL. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I also don't understand how these people don't use condoms. Before I was married there wasn't a single time I had sex when I wasn't using 2 forms of birth control. I know I might be in the minority there (maybe? I was always paranoid), but they just casually use none?! And the guys they sleep with are like "ok cool you're on the pill?" Don't they know it can fail, and you can both get STDs even if the woman is on birth control?! And they're not getting tested before they start having regular sex with a new partner?!?!?!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND Y'ALL. 

Amber went from Matt to Baby Huey within days, it seems like. We know Matt cheated on Amber. Do we honestly think there was a condom used? I doubt it. Amber then bangs Baby Huey. Who knows how many females Baby Huey has banged. Here he comes along knowing Amber had just been with a guy who had impregnated at least 9 other women, and also had intercourse with god knows how many females who he didn't impregnate before he hooked up with Amber, and here is Baby Huey having unsafe sex with her. It just fucking skeeves me out. Baby Huey has to be just as demented as Amber, and that's some scary shit right there. 

• Love 8
She thinks this will give her a pass for missing visitation with Leah and not paying child support. She's just allowing her name to be used just like clickbait. 
Edited by druzy
  • Love 11

Why do these people think that they're destined to be public advocates for some cause, any cause? Amber is an example of UNTREATED mental illness in like 43 different ways. Whom does she think she can help through her example (mere days after going on a crazy Twitter rant, while pregnant by a guy she knew for approximately a week and a half before she got knocked up, while neglecting her daughter, after going off her meds without any consultation with a doctor, etc., etc.)? Using mental illness (for which you refuse to seek treatment and which causes you to act, well, crazy all the time) as an excuse when you're called out on your shit is hardly aspirational.

And, the thing is, there's a stigma toward mental illness in no small part because of people like Amber. People who are assholes underneath the illness and who choose not to get treatment and/or to ignore professional advice on how to manage their illness. What is Amber encouraging and "inspiring" people dealing with mental illness to do? Use their illness to shame "hatters" on SM? As an excuse to abuse and neglect their kids and others in their lives? As an excuse to avoid ever growing up or taking adult responsibility for anything?

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Why do these people think that they're destined to be public advocates for some cause, any cause? Amber is an example of UNTREATED mental illness in like 43 different ways. Whom does she think she can help through her example (mere days after going on a crazy Twitter rant, while pregnant by a guy she knew for approximately a week and a half before she got knocked up, while neglecting her daughter, after going off her meds without any consultation with a doctor, etc., etc.)? Using mental illness (for which you refuse to seek treatment and which causes you to act, well, crazy all the time) as an excuse when you're called out on your shit is hardly aspirational.

And, the thing is, there's a stigma toward mental illness in no small part because of people like Amber. People who are assholes underneath the illness and who choose not to get treatment and/or to ignore professional advice on how to manage their illness. What is Amber encouraging and "inspiring" people dealing with mental illness to do? Use their illness to shame "hatters" on SM? As an excuse to abuse and neglect their kids and others in their lives? As an excuse to avoid ever growing up or taking adult responsibility for anything?

Thank you for expressing exactly how I feel! 

Her followers scare me. They think this is her idea and she is spearheading this campaign. 

0idiots.png

Edited by druzy
  • Love 5