Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

On 1/16/2018 at 10:27 PM, GreatKazu said:

When Amber feels threatened, she loves to play around with words. And numbers. It's all a numbers and word salad game to her. It likely makes her feel as if she is in control when she really isn't. She does this very thing when she is arguing with someone in person. Basically, it’s a conversation from hell. She isn't actually saying anything at all. She is just talking at you or in this case, tweeting to the people on Twitter. Before one can even comprehend one outrageous statement, she is already on to the next, as we saw how she was going at it on Twitter since yesterday. 

I actually refer to this as bologna darts. Throwing bologna against the wall and see what sticks. Amber is throwing out whatever makes sense to her and hoping it will stick with the people who are reading her tweets.  

She’s so presidential! (Seriously, replace Amber with Trump in that whole thing and it fits.)

2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

"As a counselor that is definitely something I am excited to see." 

Is that you Kinko Kathleen? 

She means camp counselor, right?

As for Amber? IhateherIhateherIhateher

• Love 13

Dang it, just when we got her leg humpers against her in Twitter she redeemed herself with some YouTube channel that she won’t put any effort into aside from attaching her Z list name and social media.

If I’m going to watch someone advocate for the importance of not stigmatizing people for mental illness then I want someone that is taking advantage of all positive outlets to help control the illness, such as intense therapies while using tools learned.

Normally I’d include meds but I don’t know what is allowed while pregnant but she could definitely she a reputable therapist - she’s LYING on Twitter stating she’s getting therapy. Prove it Jan!!! We want to meet George Glass on the next episode!!!

When she’s got me thinking Jenelles babies are in better hands we have a problem. We know Jenelle is a horrible mother and has kids for social media but at least with Jenelle she FAKE PARENTS to keep up appearances of having a perfect life on The Land So the kids are at least getting their basic needs along with the best clothing for Instagram closeups!

Amber couldn’t even take toys and clothes out of Leah’s crib while complaining she didn’t have a place for Leah to sleep. Amber would rather check in to a nasty hotel with Leah than to clean her nasty apartment when she was screaming at Gary to do it after working his double shift. Fuck her!

In the “the best of the worst of Amber” clip my heart still breaks for that scene where Leah is happily singing in her cute baby voice and Amber turns around while driving to tell her to stop screaming and to shut up ☹️she wasn’t screaming she was playing while bored in her car seat BIG DIFFERENCE but if she were screaming as a baby that usually indicates a problem like a dirty diaper that Amber would ignore. I’m stopping now. I don’t like her. 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 12

Well she’ll get to decide what questions to answer. Imagine if it was going to be live?

I don’t get how people are chosen for such things. If I were looking to raise awareness on the topic, Amber would not be my spokesperson. Now the clips previously posted, they would serve as an example, for sure.

• Love 5

Amber picked the wrong year to try to use YouTube videos as a "venture".  They just announced [url=https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/16/16899068/youtube-new-monetization-rules-announced-4000-hours]changes to their monetization policies[/url].  She would need 4,000 hours of content AND 1,000 subscribers to start making ad revenue.  Subscribers shouldn't be an issue but I cannot imagine how she is going to create all that content.  Baby Huey is going to need another fist-sized rock of inspiration/meth to start churning out content.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I also don't understand how these people don't use condoms. Before I was married there wasn't a single time I had sex when I wasn't using 2 forms of birth control. I know I might be in the minority there (maybe? I was always paranoid), but they just casually use none?! And the guys they sleep with are like "ok cool you're on the pill?" Don't they know it can fail, and you can both get STDs even if the woman is on birth control?! And they're not getting tested before they start having regular sex with a new partner?!?!?!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND Y'ALL. 

You and me both @Lm2162! Guys won’t wear condoms? HOGWASH.....then I’d be a virgin. 

I absolutely 100% believe that Amber should’ve been childfree. Had she been a more intelligent or well educated woman she would have not had Leah or any children, but yes, why bring ANOTHER child into this mess. I’d bet dollars to donuts NuMatt’s family will end up raising this baby. 

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Amber picked the wrong year to try to use YouTube videos as a "venture".  They just announced [url=https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/16/16899068/youtube-new-monetization-rules-announced-4000-hours]changes to their monetization policies[/url].  She would need 4,000 hours of content AND 1,000 subscribers to start making ad revenue.  Subscribers shouldn't be an issue but I cannot imagine how she is going to create all that content.  Baby Huey is going to need another fist-sized rock of inspiration/meth to start churning out content.

It’s not 4,000 hours of content, it’s 4,000 hours of watch time, so say 6 people watch a 10 minute video all the way through that would be 60 minutes or 1 hour of watch time... it’s still hard to do though because the average video is about 6-8 minutes and attention spans don’t allow for much more than that, especially when you aren’t doing something.

i still think it’s a horrible idea, I’m not going to get my mental health advice from someone who hasn’t been successfully treated themselves. She can’t have it both ways, she wants the sympathy of going through stuff, but also wants to say she’s over it and doing well so of course she can go off her meds to have a baby.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, leighroda said:

It’s not 4,000 hours of content, it’s 4,000 hours of watch time, so say 6 people watch a 10 minute video all the way through that would be 60 minutes or 1 hour of watch time... it’s still hard to do though because the average video is about 6-8 minutes and attention spans don’t allow for much more than that, especially when you aren’t doing something.

Thanks for explaining/clarifying. I wonder if she’ll be able to meet the goal. 

30 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Post-rant Amber doesn’t sound at all like Amber.  I wonder if NuMatt, being a Hollywood insider and all (heavy sarcasm), hooked her up with a PR person.  

I think he wrote it. He’s college-educated and has a working knowledge of the industry. 

I cant imagine Baby Huey likes living in Indiana. One, he can’t smoke weed. Two, he’s used to Malibu. Three, he’s trapped in a house with Amber and her dogs. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, druzy said:

I don't believe she is going to classes and therapy. I think she reads this thread. 

This hooker telling the first poster what she did is bullshit and going off your meds isnt going to make you a sun shiney person, she is acting the same when she was suppose to be on them and I just love how she can pick and choose to be happy and bullshit. 

And then the shit about what Cate put that she is going back? Yeah the first 2 times didnt work because she isn't staying long enough and isn't doing what the counselors are telling her when she gets out and what trauma is she fucking talking about? 

Seema funny these two have problems but lay around all fucking day and do whatever and have all the time in the world to think of new shit instead of keeping busy and doing something. And I am in no way saying that's what keeps the depression away, but these two lay around bitch and complain and are so depressed but can go on trips, boot camps,  and other shit all the time.

Ok Now I am off to Catelynn's thread.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I cant imagine Baby Huey likes living in Indiana. One, he can’t smoke weed. Two, he’s used to Malibu. Three, he’s trapped in a house with Amber and her dogs. 

Exactly, what else is he going to do between her naps lol. You just gotta know he's sitting all alone smelling dog poop and pee wondering wtffffahhh? 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Court said:

So in my state, if you're unmarried, the dad has to take the paternity test or he can't be on the birth certificate. Does anyone know how Indiana works?

I’m not sure either, but if I’m NuMatt’s family I’m not doing a damn thing for this baby until paternity is confirmed. My name will not be BooBoo the Fool with this girl who messed around with at least 2 men within a week of each other. No way. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Court said:

So in my state, if you're unmarried, the dad has to take the paternity test or he can't be on the birth certificate. Does anyone know how Indiana works?

Indiana Paternity

A man is presumed to be a child's legal father if;

He and his wife are married when the child is born, or

If the child is born no later than 300 days after the marriage ends

In all other cases, legal paternity must be established in one of two ways;

Paternity Affidavit, or

Court Order

A paternity affidavit is a legal document that permits a man and a woman to declare, under penalty of perjury, that the man is the biological father of a child.  A properly executed paternity affidavit establishes legal paternity (fatherhood) and parental rights and responsibilities, without the necessity of obtaining a court order.  A paternity affidavit may be completed at the hospital within 72 hours of the child's birth or at your local health department any time before the child is emancipated.  If paternity is established by paternity affidavit, the Department of Health will add the father's name to the child's birth certificate.

The second way paternity can be established is by an order from the court.  Either parent may file an action in an appropriate Indiana court seeking determination of paternity.  The county prosecutor's office may also file an action if the case is a Title IV-D support case.  After the action is filed, the court will set a hearing date and notice will be provided to both parties.  At the hearing, the parties may agree to paternity without the benefit of genetic testing, request genetic testing to determine paternity, or the court may hear evidence and make a decision about whether or not paternity should be established.  If genetic testing is ordered by the court, the parties will be tested and the court will hold off on deciding the issue of paternity until the genetic testing results are available to the court.  Either parent or the county prosecutor's Title IV-D child support office may request genetic testing, commonly know as DNA testing.

https://www.in.gov/dcs/2482.htm

Edited by druzy
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Rebecca said:

She’s so presidential! (Seriously, replace Amber with Trump in that whole thing and it fits.)

She means camp counselor, right?

As for Amber? IhateherIhateherIhateher

OMG yes! Just like Trump. 

Thanks @druzy. Baby Huey will just sign the affidavit. He wants that child support money!

• Love 4
On 1/17/2018 at 11:19 PM, Bridget said:

I want to like this a thousand times. You hit it on the head perfectly! She gives any type of mental health struggle a horrible reputation.

You also made me stop and think about why she has never seen a therapist regularly (if I am wrong, someone please correct me) or attended a support group for one of the 2728384 issues she has. I am shocked a judge has not yet made it mandatory for her to attend if she wants to see Leah.

Amber could give two shits about her HIPPA privacy, as demonstrated by  sharing her "multiple diagnosed illnesses" on television. That said, Amber ignores the other integral part to help manage mental illness: freakin therapy! It would not be crazy to think that the fame whore would talk about being in therapy (which I assume the doctor who prescribes her RXs has told her countless times to do) and have it filmed, especially because she thinks she received a presidential appointment to be the damn spokesperson for mental health in this country!

How can she call herself a "role model" or "advocate" for mental health awareness or for those who "suffer like she does" without avidly talking about the importance of therapy? THAT pisses me off. 

How many of her poor leg humpers out there have self-diagnosed themselves with "Amber's Guide to Clinical Depression/Self-Isolation/Disassociation/Insert Any Other Mental Illness" template and given up on showering and paying taxes because that's how Amber "manages her illnesses"? 

Is there some large compound in Indiana whose only inhabitants are a subset of people who sleep all day, don't know about waterproof mascara, wear turbans while tweeting word salad nonsense and have a thing for old chunky guys? 

Yeah, that's the thing. Anyone who's delivered or gone to therapy (or both) knows that a diagnosis in the mental health world isn't the same as it is for a physical problem. You might *have* to get a diagnosis on the first or second visit just to continue to get treated...which isn't necessarily the best, but that's how insurance unfortunately works here. 

Plus, mental health diagnoses aren't based (often) on lab tests or blood workups. They're based on self-reported issues, especially at first when the person doesn't know you, and the DSM changes all the time. Psychology is a still-contested and relatively new field with a great deal of fluidity. So Amber has plenty of room to manipulate and lie and it's not like they can do much about it.

So say Amber comes in and says "oh I just can't get out of bed, I will DIE without MATTTTT," any normal therapist is going to say "depression" and "possible suicidal ideation" and warn her about the necessity of managing her suicidal tendencies. Or she recounts her romantic history and says they all "abuse" and mistreat her, and someone says "oh, maybe BPD," because of the unstable relationships and abuse/trauma that often go along with that. Or she says "Sometimes I get so excited and happy [no she doesn't] [except maybe on Twitter with the haters] [or with a new boyfriend] and other times I am just soooo tired [high] and I just literally CAN'T take care of Leah" and they say "bipolar disorder." If she says she has anxiety, what therapist is going to say "no you don't?" That's against like every ethical standard. So then she technically does have diagnoses...which she can now run around with and pretend her diagnoses from 1-2 sessions with a therapist are exactly the same, and as intractable and For Sure, as if an MRI revealed a brain tumor.

There's a lot of room for error, and lies from Amber, there--especially if she never goes back to therapy and clarifies anything or allows any clinician worth their salt to see a pattern that she isn't manipulating or obscuring. 

I also assume if she ever does stick with a clinician for more than a single session, it's only the ones who give her softball questions or who let her go on rants and don't try to actually do much to push her to change or manage her symptoms. I would assume she sticks with the Kinko Kathleens of the world who are not that bright or who are just there to collect a check (and there are plenty of those), and anyone who ever tells her "hey perhaps you could change something that you do in order to improve your life?" gets summarily dismissed.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

OMG yes! Just like Trump. 

Thanks @druzy. Baby Huey will just sign the affidavit. He wants that child support money!

If this means Amber is in charge after the vote last night, that's it. I really am moving to Canada. (I am eligible for dual citizenship, and I started the paperwork last year.)

I promise to find a house with lots of guest rooms so everyone can visit!

PTV slumber party!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Court said:

I believe in IN, like my state of IL, if the father signs the acknowledgment of paternity that’s sufficient and he will be “Parent 2” on the birth certificate. No dna test required. The man can do it in the records office of the hospital or 30 days after birth without any fuss. 

• Love 2

I have borderline personality disorder and anxiety, and yea it sucks a lot. But my daughter always comes first, there are days where I don't want to get out of bed, where life just feels grey... but the truth is that my mother instinct will always override that. Even on my darkest days that little girl lights up my life, and I would move heaven and earth for her. ALSO DONT GET "ACCIDENTALLY" PREGNANT WHEN YOU ARE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT!

So watching Amber actually makes my blood boil, maybe thats why she is my least favorite, because I don't take her bs excuses about all of this. Honestly she reminds me of my own mother, which makes me so sad for Leah. I have spent my whole life trying to get my mom's approval, and it took 25 years for me to see what she was doing. People like her are masters at manipulating, especially those they hold some sort of power over. And sadly she dose hold power over Leah, because you can see that all Leah wants is for her mother to love her!! It just makes my blood boil.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, MrsSlinky said:

I have borderline personality disorder and anxiety, and yea it sucks a lot. But my daughter always comes first, there are days where I don't want to get out of bed, where life just feels grey... but the truth is that my mother instinct will always override that. Even on my darkest days that little girl lights up my life, and I would move heaven and earth for her. ALSO DONT GET "ACCIDENTALLY" PREGNANT WHEN YOU ARE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT!

So watching Amber actually makes my blood boil, maybe thats why she is my least favorite, because I don't take her bs excuses about all of this. Honestly she reminds me of my own mother, which makes me so sad for Leah. I have spent my whole life trying to get my mom's approval, and it took 25 years for me to see what she was doing. People like her are masters at manipulating, especially those they hold some sort of power over. And sadly she dose hold power over Leah, because you can see that all Leah wants is for her mother to love her!! It just makes my blood boil.

Exactly! Plus it further stigmatizes people who actually do struggle with these things...I truthfully don't know if she does or not, or if it's as bad as she says if she does (my strong opinion is no, and/or that she is still using), but it's almost immaterial, because even if she didn't have "mental health issues" she would still suck and be an awful mother. 

I truly think she gets these excuses from social media, maybe from people who actually do have severe issues, and then she just parrots back the excuses that have been handed to her on a silver platter. Jenelle does it, Cate does it, they all do it...not just with mental health stuff but with stuff against Brandon and Theresa, stuff against Barb, etc...

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Exactly! Plus it further stigmatizes people who actually do struggle with these things...I truthfully don't know if she does or not, or if it's as bad as she says if she does (my strong opinion is no, and/or that she is still using), but it's almost immaterial, because even if she didn't have "mental health issues" she would still suck and be an awful mother. 

I truly think she gets these excuses from social media, maybe from people who actually do have severe issues, and then she just parrots back the excuses that have been handed to her on a silver platter.

Honestly she does exactly what my mother does, if you praise her then it's all good and obviously she is doing a good job.

But if you criticize well "You don't understand what I've been through" "No one gets what it's like to be me" "You just want to tear me down."

One time, when I went back home to visit, my brother and I were joking around in the.. kitchen about who had done more for our mom growing up. Just sibling rivalry, and joking around. My mom flipped out and yelled "I GET IT I WAS A HORRIBLE MOTHER!!"... We weren't attacking her, we were just joking around. I honestly think it's some form of sociopath and narcissism that boggles my mind. It was the same thing when Gary brought up the Matt stuff to her, she flipped out and all he was doing was telling her the TRUTH. She then lied later about knowing Matt had 5 of the children he has, but in that clip she only knew about 2 of them.

I swear this show is the true definition of GUILTY pleasure, because I honestly have such a love hate relationship with this show. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, CofCinci said:

She’s the least maternal —- but she is the most lazy.  She became pregnant because she’s lazy. Too lazy to take a daily birth control pill. 

Was she not on it with Matt, though? I got the impression that she intentionally went off of it with NuMatt. But I could be wrong. 

15 hours ago, MrsSlinky said:

I honestly threw up in my mouth just now!!!

Right? Amber is channeling misconceptions? What misconceptions? If I had the "misconception" that mentally ill people are lazy and selfish and use their situation as an excuse for horrible behavior, WHAT would she be doing to dispel that?

• Love 4
20 hours ago, CofCinci said:

She’s the least maternal —- but she is the most lazy.  She became pregnant because she’s lazy. Too lazy to take a daily birth control pill. 

Does Amber even know how to hold a baby?

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, druzy said:

Does Amber even know how to hold a baby?

Hahahahahaha! Thank you for this much needed laugh.

I watched the first video of this wretched bitch and cannot bring myself to watch the others. She’s so vile. My favorite part though was when she was legit confused over her sample English test question which I could have answered correctly in the third grade.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Right? Amber is channeling misconceptions? What misconceptions? If I had the "misconception" that mentally ill people are lazy and selfish and use their situation as an excuse for horrible behavior, WHAT would she be doing to dispel that?

I don't know what kinds of drugs the leghumpers do but I'd really like to get some...they seem totally out of it.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Hahahahahaha! Thank you for this much needed laugh.

I watched the first video of this wretched bitch and cannot bring myself to watch the others. She’s so vile. My favorite part though was when she was legit confused over her sample English test question which I could have answered correctly in the third grade.

Lmao!!! By far the best!! Also the GED councelors face when shes crying and trying to tell this poor woman her disaster life story.

• Love 6

My feelings are that these Teen Mom cast members allowed MTV to come into their lives at a time when they were still figuring out what they wanted to do in life (life isn’t over because you have a child at 16) without a strong family support system to help guide them when the money and privacy invasion started coming in at full speed.

Just think about it, most of these moms (& dads) would have at least gotten a fast food job or what not to gain positive work ethic or to learn a valuable skill that can be discovered whilst hands on with a job (before I got my degree I learned from working in retail that I would be good in public relations when I saw how I responded to people and how they felt about me) but how were they going to go apply at Pizza Hut while having their lives taped and receiving 300k?

There was no reason to work these jobs and no other “dream job” or passion project would hire them without college or work skills. Chelsea finished a trade and had the family support to allow her to learn a way to find her footing in the real world just in case the TM checks ended. So the other teen moms feel a sense of worthlessness (even though being a wonderful parent would be extremely rewarding).

With the backlash these people get for not working they either A. Pop out more babies to have a strong reason for not working outside of the home or B. manifest a strong mental illness to explain why they don’t work instead of just being honest with us in that they feel too good to work regular jobs but are embarrassed for not having better jobs that would bring in the money they’re making from the show -  even though they know the show won’t last long - that’s when situational depression starts to occur, “I’m sad because I’m too lazy to go to school and sad that I someone won’t hand me over a reputable job making six figures without school!”

They’re trapped in their TM franchise bubble and are seriously BORED in which they turned to pillses or alcohol to fill the void of having ZERO going on and are too lazy to just focus on their kids.

I truly feel that most of them are using mental illness as a reason for not getting their shit together so they can just stay home and do nothing because doing nothing is a lot better than doing something at minimum wage.

I might be talking out of my butt, or make no sense but whatever. Cate needs therapy due to her childhood but the girl is exaggerating somethings. Amber is a lazy piece of shit that jumped on mental illness because it’s easier to say she suffers with that instead of acknowledging she’s a bad mom that is too lazy and thinks the world revolves around her and that we are all stupid! Heck she even said the people issuing the GED test were stupid because their “grammar” didn’t make any sense instead thinking “hmmm, I need to study more!”

Im jumping off the soapbox. Sorry.

ETA: Kailyn continued to go to school for an excuse not to work but now has more babies so she can stay home after graduating lol.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, druzy said:

0s.png

The schools are not well where that kid is taught.

This is EXACTLY why my some of my students are illiterate or still suffer from a huge gap of missing the basics. These not well teachers at the not well schools aren't re-teaching students when they make legitimate (and acceptable) errors. The students should understand this most basic element of a contraction by practicing until they have mastered it, along with using FULL and COMPLETE words, not "cause" for "because." 

And it's you're" !!!!!!!!!

I know, I know, I know. She's only a little girl, but this is the gateway to bad grammar! Trust me friends!

Shellswithcheese must not be that bright if she thinks THIS is bright.

Wow. I really need to get a hobby. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, ghoulina said:

Not at the reunions. Drew has come down hard on her several times for not being "fair" to Adumb, and even attempted to basically slut shame her at one point. 

He really does treat her terribly and she doesn't deserve it.  I mean, you have Chelsea and Adumb sitting next to each other on a couch and you're going to come at CHELSEA?  Come on, now.   He does the same thing with Corey and Leah, it's so eye-roll inducing.  All Corey has ever tried to do is provide for and protect his daughters and here comes Drew, knowing jack shit about jack shit, giving him shit.  And then Gary!  I remember Drew telling him "so are you going to let Amber see Leah?" and Gary is like "she can ANYTIME, she just DOESN'T."  I forget what Drew even said to that.  Probably just stared with those sad panda eyes.  

I really dislike Dr. Drew.  Goes to show you can never trust any doctor who goes by "Dr. Firstname." 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Bridget said:

This is EXACTLY why my some of my students are illiterate or still suffer from a huge gap of missing the basics. These not well teachers at the not well schools aren't re-teaching students when they make legitimate (and acceptable) errors. The students should understand this most basic element of a contraction by practicing until they have mastered it, along with using FULL and COMPLETE words, not "cause" for "because." 

I know, I know, I know. She's only a little girl, but this is the gateway to bad grammar! Trust me friends!

As a primary school teacher, all of this is perfectly normal and developmentally appropriate for someone Leah's age. Heck, many second graders are still reversing their b's and d's well into the school year. I like grammar as much as the next teacher, but let's not promise a future of gloom and doom because of a note we think Leah might've written one weekend to her absent mother's new baby daddy of a handful of months.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

As a primary school teacher, all of this is perfectly normal and developmentally appropriate for someone Leah's age. Heck, many second graders are still reversing their b's and d's well into the school year. I like grammar as much as the next teacher, but let's not promise a future of gloom and doom because of a note we think Leah might've written one weekend to her absent mother's new baby daddy of a handful of months.

I was only halfway kidding because I'm a teacher too, but I've taught grades 7-10, and have seen firsthand how so many of them still struggle with these primary school basics, hence the snark. I meant zero disrespect to the work that you and your colleagues do at the primary level.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I was only halfway kidding because I'm a teacher too, but I've taught grades 7-10, and have seen firsthand how so many of them still struggle with these primary school basics, hence the snark. I meant zero disrespect to the work that you and your colleagues do at the primary level.

No worries--I didn't take it as a slight or anything. It's just easy to forget what normal development looks like when it's an age you don't work with regularly. I haven't taught preschool in ages, so when I run across 3 year olds who are still not potty trained, I have to remind myself that is actually pretty normal. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

My feelings are that these Teen Mom cast members allowed MTV to come into their lives at a time when they were still figuring out what they wanted to do in life (life isn’t over because you have a child at 16) without a strong family support system to help guide them when the money and privacy invasion started coming in at full speed.

Just think about it, most of these moms (& dads) would have at least gotten a fast food job or what not to gain positive work ethic or to learn a valuable skill that can be discovered whilst hands on with a job (before I got my degree I learned from working in retail that I would be good in public relations when I saw how I responded to people and how they felt about me) but how were they going to go apply at Pizza Hut while having their lives taped and receiving 300k?

There was no reason to work these jobs and no other “dream job” or passion project would hire them without college or work skills. Chelsea finished a trade and had the family support to allow her to learn a way to find her footing in the real world just in case the TM checks ended. So the other teen moms feel a sense of worthlessness (even though being a wonderful parent would be extremely rewarding).

With the backlash these people get for not working they either A. Pop out more babies to have a strong reason for not working outside of the home or B. manifest a strong mental illness to explain why they don’t work instead of just being honest with us in that they feel too good to work regular jobs but are embarrassed for not having better jobs that would bring in the money they’re making from the show -  even though they know the show won’t last long - that’s when situational depression starts to occur, “I’m sad because I’m too lazy to go to school and sad that I someone won’t hand me over a reputable job making six figures without school!”

They’re trapped in their TM franchise bubble and are seriously BORED in which they turned to pillses or alcohol to fill the void of having ZERO going on and are too lazy to just focus on their kids.

I truly feel that most of them are using mental illness as a reason for not getting their shit together so they can just stay home and do nothing because doing nothing is a lot better than doing something at minimum wage.

I might be talking out of my butt, or make no sense but whatever. Cate needs therapy due to her childhood but the girl is exaggerating somethings. Amber is a lazy piece of shit that jumped on mental illness because it’s easier to say she suffers with that instead of acknowledging she’s a bad mom that is too lazy and thinks the world revolves around her and that we are all stupid! Heck she even said the people issuing the GED test were stupid because their “grammar” didn’t make any sense instead thinking “hmmm, I need to study more!”

ETA: Kailyn continued to go to school for an excuse not to work but now has more babies so she can stay home after graduating lol.

I wish I could like this 800 times. You're not "wanting more kids," you're bored as shit because you have no career, no education, no intellectual curiosity, no wanderlust, nothing that keeps you alive and fascinated. You're not mentally ill, you're BORED and tired from staring at screens and being hung over, and upset that you've had such a useless life so far. Then you filled the emptiness with drugs/food/men that sucked and then you were upset about the fallout. You're not "passionate about clothing," you think it could be something that makes easy money without you having to demean yourself (in your eyes) or work up a sweat by working at Target, doing manual labor, or getting degrees. Their "passion projects" are just things they see other people in the same boat doing (people who didn't grow up with privileges, but lucked into some through TV or the like) and consider 1) doable and 2) socially acceptable. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Calm81 said:

No, you are not talking out of your butt. It is what many of us feel is the case with these people. They are using mental illness or having children as excuses to cover up for the fact they won't face reality. I think of it as the person who claims they are in chronic pain as an excuse to not go back to work. As long as their needs are being supported, why should they get back to work? It also reminds me of the people who remain on welfare for years. Why bother seeking a better life where you can be self-sufficient when the system is there to give you money? These girls are wasting time through aimless wandering or indecision because there is no motivation or desire especially when those six figure checks keep rolling in.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Bridget said:

Thank you! What kind of teacher wouldn't correct that? SMH.

13 hours ago, druzy said:

0s.png

I don’t think Leah did this. I think Andrew is being sarcastic about the future generation. It’s some random letter from a child he probably doesn’t know and posted it. Lol. Damn you Andrew for having me defend you. 

6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Thank you! What kind of teacher wouldn't correct that? SMH.

How do we know Leah did this? 

How do we know she did this at school, if she in fact created it?

Assuming Leah did write this, teachers don't normally correct art or art-type work. 

I don’t think Leah did this. I think Andrew is being sarcastic about the future generation. It’s some random letter from a child he probably doesn’t know and posted it. Lol. Damn you Andrew for having me defend you. 

Baby Huey has a thing about posting child-like stuff on his Instagram. This just might be it. 

• Love 1

This is just a meme. That's mostly what he posts on social media. (I think anyway? I guess it could be Leah.)

I didn't take it as sarcastic. His own fiance doesn't know how to use "your" correctly, so I don't think he'd expect it of a child. I think he's saying that the message of the letter is a positive one...anti-competition, pro-cooperation. (Go for your friend, not for the winning, because you're always a winner.)

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 1

I noticed he had posted a photo of Highway 101 where the Montecito mudslides occurred after those fires we had in the hills. Seeing that he posted a comment to our county, gives me the shivers. It has nothing to do with his empathy. It is just a reminder of how this fool is too close to me in my area at times. 

• Love 1