Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

The thing is they always think they are advocates for the worst stuff ever!! Like what they are uniquely UNqualified to be advocates for. Hear me out:

-If Amber is actually mentally ill and not just making excuses (questionable), she's the poster child for how not to deal with it.

-Cate and Tyler are pretty much the worst people on earth to speak out about the benefits of adoption.

-Kail is the picture of no hustle, no heart. /I think her shtick is "educated" and "hard working," which a bachelor's degree you took like 83 years to finish and an occasional podcast do not indicate.

-Leah is the icon of how not to deal with your child's disability appropriately and healthily. Also I think she speaks about going after your dreams, which she does not do.

-Maci should never, ever be speaking about abstinence and birth control!!

This post is nothing but straight truth, @Lm2162 and I wish all of these people could realize they are the worst advocates for their "causes" ever! 

The only thing these people are ever advocating are continual bad choices that have kept their D-list reality "star" statuses going for a decade. 

• Love 2

Seriously, though, I don't get where they get off with all this "saving lives" stuff. Someone has given them such a huge head. I value my education and my work and I'm glad it helps people and is in line with my morals, but at the end of the day a job is a job and I do whatever job I do to make a living for myself and my family. I'd do whatever I had to do (legally) from stripping to waitressing at 3 different places or working behind the counter at Mickey D's if I needed to to feed & clothe myself & my family, it's not that serious, none of us are THAT important to be above a given job. There's honor in any honest work from food service to education to childcare to cosmetology to construction, medicine and the arts. I agree with whoever said that almost none of these folks have felt any pride in a day's work or a decent education. They think they're too good to work as a waiter or in a daycare (ok Amber and Jenelle probably can't with their criminal backgrounds) or even at a bar or strip joint. No wonder they're so bored and listless.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3

People fail to realize that my time is every Wednesday and every other weekend so I don't get to see Leah like I want. I'm also told by Gary and Kristina that I'm not aloud to take her on school nights etc. So unless you spend about 40-50k on a lawyer that's all I get...

You frequently spend that amount of money of vacations and cars for your men. So why not spend it for your child? That's right, because a good lawyer won't make a difference. Leah's schedule is a reasonable schedule and you can't even adhere to THAT. Why would any judge with half a brain give you more time????

13 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

How exactly has Amber saved more lives in the last 10 years than us “shit talkers? Was she a nurse,doctor,emt,fireman or a paramedic? I am confused. 

Amber and Jenelle have saved more lives than any first responder ever has! Don't you pay attention!!??

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

The Holiday Blowout Sale is still on at Forever High.  50% Off everything.  Merry Christmas everyone!

http://beforeverhaute.com

sale.png

Well they got the "ho ho" right!

my kid has a college fund

Her use of "my kid" gives me the same reaction as when Catelynn uses it to describe Carly...it's way too casual/familiar a phrase to use about a stranger you barely know you stupid twats. 

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Amber and Jenelle have saved more lives than any first responder ever has! Don't you pay attention!!??

Apparently not! Lol? She probably gives lessons on how to properly sit on a couch so as not to injure yourself. That most certainly can be a dangerous activity.

Edited by hoosiermom
  • Love 1

If Amber is saving lives, I’m starting my career as a Victoria secret model next week. 

I feel bad being so cynical about it, if Amber is able to listen and really help, as much as I dislike her I guess that’s great. I think a lot of these people that reach out on social media just need someone to listen. I have a friend that has a pretty large following on YouTube (she’s in a band and they have almost 4 mil subscribers on YouTube)  their target audience is tween/teen girls, and they get literally hundreds maybe even thousands of messages every day from people threatening suicide or self harm if they don’t respond, or don’t feel like they have anyone else to talk to, she said it can be really overwhelming because on one hand you naturally want to help, but on the other they are young themselves (my friend is 27, but her youngest sister in the band is 17) and just aren’t equipped to handle it.  She has stories about times where she or one of her sisters have responded and tried to help, but they just can’t, like they respond to one thing and then that is resolved but then they have something else and it just gets to be too much, then when either they don’t see a message or aren’t available the people get mad, she said it’s one of the hardest parts of having a large following, they want to help but just can’t. That’s what worries me about Amber marketing herself as a mental health professional, especially when she herself is clearly struggling, I’m not sure she understands what a huge liability she is setting herself up for... it’s one thing to bring awareness but another to act like an expert.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, leighroda said:

That’s what worries me about Amber marketing herself as a mental health professional, especially when she herself is clearly struggling, I’m not sure she understands what a huge liability she is setting herself up for... it’s one thing to bring awareness but another to act like an expert.

Yeah, that concerns me too, especially with some legit(ish?) organization endorsing Amber as some kind of mental health ambassador. Obviously, Amber has no education or any level of professionalism. Even if they trained her, I can't see her having appropriate discretion to determine when someone should be referred to professional help/how to engage with people dealing with certain kinds of mental illness/etc. If one of the people she's "counseling" said something that she even misinterpreted as mildly critical of her, she would totally fly off the handle insulting and demeaning them. She's probably high and/or in the midst of her own mental health crisis half the time (being generous).

Apart from that, she's highly problematic as an example of someone successfully dealing with mental illness. She doesn't go to therapy (that we know of or that she talks about); she has no life goals; she constantly makes reckless/unwise decisions; she is not a functional adult. It's pretty irresponsible for any sort of mental health organization to enlist her as a spokesperson or whatever (If any organization has done that; I'm not really clear on what her "project" is or who else is involved.). It's also gross that Amber is trying to monetize her mental illness(es) and/or the mentally ill people who are sad/desperate enough to look to her for help.

• Love 2

Don't forget those 3 1/3 years she spent with Matt! 

Yeah, or the 17 years she is now claiming to have spent with Andrew. 

28 minutes ago, druzy said:

ama.png

Oh holy fuck. She has finally graduated to the Rascal. Show of hands of who is surprised by this? Anybody? Anybody? Yeah, didn't think so. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Yeah, that concerns me too, especially with some legit(ish?) organization endorsing Amber as some kind of mental health ambassador. Obviously, Amber has no education or any level of professionalism. Even if they trained her, I can't see her having appropriate discretion to determine when someone should be referred to professional help/how to engage with people dealing with certain kinds of mental illness/etc. If one of the people she's "counseling" said something that she even misinterpreted as mildly critical of her, she would totally fly off the handle insulting and demeaning them. She's probably high and/or in the midst of her own mental health crisis half the time (being generous).

Apart from that, she's highly problematic as an example of someone successfully dealing with mental illness. She doesn't go to therapy (that we know of or that she talks about); she has no life goals; she constantly makes reckless/unwise decisions; she is not a functional adult. It's pretty irresponsible for any sort of mental health organization to enlist her as a spokesperson or whatever (If any organization has done that; I'm not really clear on what her "project" is or who else is involved.). It's also gross that Amber is trying to monetize her mental illness(es) and/or the mentally ill people who are sad/desperate enough to look to her for help.

Exactly! I think she is just deciding to do this on her own, so I don’t think (or I hope) she has any official sponsorship, but I’m not 100% sure about that.

You bring up a good point I hadn’t thought about, she is quick to lash out when she feels threatened, even when asked a legit question she gets defensive... in mental health you have to have a thick skin. 

I am also concerned that she would always try to one up whoever she is dealing with, like “oh you did drugs once... well I went to gel”. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Exactly! I think she is just deciding to do this on her own, so I don’t think (or I hope) she has any official sponsorship, but I’m not 100% sure about that.

Is she doing this on her own? I can't imagine Amber figuring out how to set up a YouTube scam helpline for people in need, but maybe NuMatt is good at that kind of thing and bored hanging out with his pregnant couch potato in IN rather than his cool friends in LA/Malibu? Or maybe some scammer person whose life has been saved through SM contacted her asking her to participate?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mr. Minor said:

I guess these two shitbags think people want to see photos of them. She's rockin' that wheelchair...fucking dullard!

1) I love the word "dullard."

2) Does anyone have English-speaking friends in North Korea who can tell them what the equivalent of "dotard" for a young person is?

17 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I guess these two shitbags think people want to see photos of them. She's rockin' that wheelchair...fucking dullard!

Lazy ass hooker. 

Amber: "Babe, I can't walk. I am stressed from this pregnancy and I am so tired." 

Bitch is going to move on up to getting a handicap plaque, you watch. 

• Love 2

It would be hilarious if some mental health advocacy org signed some type of contract with Amber, then put out ads like, "Don't end up up like this [video of Amber being insane]. There is help and hope for people struggling with mental illness. Go to [contact info] for more information on how to get help. Before it's too late. [another clip of Amber acting insane]"

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Amber in Walmart? Isn't that "ghetto" for her taste? 

Seriously. What happened to being Uppah Class? She was pissed that Gary and Kristina got Leah Walmart clothes. 

Why is she on a scooter anyways?  Walk you lazy cow. Years ago when I was pregnant, I was still in the Navy and had to PT 3 times a week with my division.  Surely she can manage walking around a Walmart. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Seriously. What happened to being Uppah Class? She was pissed that Gary and Kristina got Leah Walmart clothes. 

Why is she on a scooter anyways?  Walk you lazy cow. Years ago when I was pregnant, I was still in the Navy and had to PT 3 times a week with my division.  Surely she can manage walking around a Walmart. 

I was in a wheelchair throughout the last 12 weeks of 2 of my pregnancies but I had serious problems with them. I refuse to give Ambuh a pass; girlfriend is just lazy. She's probably in the wheelchair because the couch doesn't have wheels. Yet. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I was in a wheelchair throughout the last 12 weeks of 2 of my pregnancies but I had serious problems with them. I refuse to give Ambuh a pass; girlfriend is just lazy. She's probably in the wheelchair because the couch doesn't have wheels. Yet. 

The couch doesn't have wheels. Yet. 

The title of Amber Portwood's unauthorized tell-all.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Is she doing this on her own? I can't imagine Amber figuring out how to set up a YouTube scam helpline for people in need, but maybe NuMatt is good at that kind of thing and bored hanging out with his pregnant couch potato in IN rather than his cool friends in LA/Malibu? Or maybe some scammer person whose life has been saved through SM contacted her asking her to participate?

I went back and looked at the tweets and lifestyle article, but I can’t really tell if she is working with a group or on her own, I think the picture with the statistic is from an organization, but she could have pulled that from google, it doesn’t mean she’s affiliated with the organization (it appears to be a church or a Christian group). I’m a little surprised the email address seems somewhat generic, like if she were doing this on her own I feel like she would have made it “teenmomambersaveslives@gmail.com” or something, think4change doesn’t really bring up anything related to mental health when I googled it, so I’m not sure either way.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I went back and looked at the tweets and lifestyle article, but I can’t really tell if she is working with a group or on her own, I think the picture with the statistic is from an organization, but she could have pulled that from google, it doesn’t mean she’s affiliated with the organization (it appears to be a church or a Christian group). I’m a little surprised the email address seems somewhat generic, like if she were doing this on her own I feel like she would have made it “teenmomambersaveslives@gmail.com” or something, think4change doesn’t really bring up anything related to mental health when I googled it, so I’m not sure either way.

Also if she was working with an organization the email address would be something like think4changeinfo@think4change.com 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 2
On 2018-01-22 at 9:17 AM, AirQuotes said:

Amber and her delusions of grandeur. . . she imagines herself to be some superhero who has to sleep all day because she was up all night "saving lives."

Is she a member of the PJ Masks?   (Anyone with kids watching Disney Jr. will get this reference!)

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mischievious said:

Random but what happened to Amber's house flipping company with OldMatt?

I think that was just a scam for OldMatt to steal her money. Even if it was semi-legit, obviously, Amber could never deal with the responsibilities of buying/renovating/managing/selling properties, so I would assume the business would fall apart pretty quickly.

• Love 3

Hoping NuMatt understands that he will be raising that child 100% of the time, period. I loved how Amber has visions of living in Malibu. Doesn't NuMatt call Malibu home because his parents live there? Is she planning on couch surfing at his parents house? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Hoping NuMatt understands that he will be raising that child 100% of the time, period. I loved how Amber has visions of living in Malibu. Doesn't NuMatt call Malibu home because his parents live there? Is she planning on couch surfing at his parents house? 

But Amber would never live in Malibu because she wouldn't be able to see Leah every Wednesday and every other weekend. She's a great mom, remember. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, druzy said:

It never existed. 

I always thought it might be a cover for some money laundering or something. They NEVER showed any work on those houses. You'd have thought that, with as much shit as we talk about Amber being lazy, she'd have had the crew over there at those houses filming her at least pretending to do shit. Nada. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, druzy said:

I wonder how Amber's nonprofit is doing.

JFC Amber. Teen Mother's? What is with the random apostrophe? Why is possessive vs. plural so hard to understand? This shit is taught in GRADE SCHOOL; this is not something one learns in post secondary.

What gets me isn't even the lack of proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling that radiate throughout these social media posts. It's that they just DON'T CARE. When I see a glaring error after I've posted something, I edit it. It takes two seconds. If whatever social media platform does not allow editing of posts, I delete the entire thing and start over.

Also, Amber, on another note, I think you should worry about your own unpaid bills first before attempting to set up a non profit. The admin fees alone would eliminate whatever "percentage" you set aside (give the lackluster sales and the low profit margin already, I'd imagine that percentage would amount to maybe 20 bucks anyways).

If you really want to help people in need, there are a number of efficient, well regarded organizations ALREADY FORMED that you could send money to, and that would be a far better use of funds.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Tatum said:

JFC Amber. Teen Mother's? What is with the random apostrophe? Why is possessive vs. plural so hard to understand? This shit is taught in GRADE SCHOOL; this is not something one learns in post secondary.

What gets me isn't even the lack of proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling that radiate throughout these social media posts. It's that they just DON'T CARE. When I see a glaring error after I've posted something, I edit it. It takes two seconds. If whatever social media platform does not allow editing of posts, I delete the entire thing and start over.

Also, Amber, on another note, I think you should worry about your own unpaid bills first before attempting to set up a non profit. The admin fees alone would eliminate whatever "percentage" you set aside (give the lackluster sales and the low profit margin already, I'd imagine that percentage would amount to maybe 20 bucks anyways).

If you really want to help people in need, there are a number of efficient, well regarded organizations ALREADY FORMED that you could send money to, and that would be a far better use of funds.

Agree. If it helps, that was more than a year ago. Now she's moved on to a new "passion project". You know, saving lives via You Tube. 

• Love 2