Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

On 1/24/2018 at 3:44 PM, Bridget said:

Amber & Matt 1.0 broke up on May 14.

Amber tweeted on Jan 21 that she and NewMatt (Father Time was a freakin' hysterical moniker though! ) are about to celebrate being together for nine months. (I refuse to entertain the word "anniversary" unless it's used correctly...you know, as the Latin root word indicates how it's meant to be used.)

Does that mean that Amber & NewMatt "started dating" on May 15? May 16? I know we've been dying to find out the real timeline of this train wreck and have to wait until the baby is born to have it authenticated. That said, thank God that Amber is dumb enough to let details like this slip so we can justifiably judge her!

Our schools are not well. They don't teach us this special brand of TEENMOM MATH. GTFO my porch! 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, EmeraldGirl said:

It’s all puzzling. I personally think that Matt was fixed, so birth control-less Amber got pregnant right away. I just have no idea why this guy latched onto her. She doesn’t have THAT much money in the big picture. 2-3 hundred grand has got to be mediocre settling for this guy - despite his creepy past. She’s a mentally ill, repressed teenager living in Indiana. With a child to pay for and lots of tax leins. What am I missing?

I think he thinks he can make some connections in the industry via Amber's MTV connections.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Maybe mommy and daddy were kicking him out?

His dad died in 2006. 

Not sure how this guy has a career in Malibu if he dumped his fat ass in Indiana. 

6 minutes ago, druzy said:

Is New Matt drawing diamonds? Engagement? 

aw.png

You see diamonds. I see blood drops. 

• Love 17
On 1/24/2018 at 2:44 PM, Bridget said:

Amber & Matt 1.0 broke up on May 14.

Amber tweeted on Jan 21 that she and NewMatt (Father Time was a freakin' hysterical moniker though! ) are about to celebrate being together for nine months. (I refuse to entertain the word "anniversary" unless it's used correctly...you know, as the Latin root word indicates how it's meant to be used.)

Does that mean that Amber & NewMatt "started dating" on May 15? May 16? I know we've been dying to find out the real timeline of this train wreck and have to wait until the baby is born to have it authenticated. That said, thank God that Amber is dumb enough to let details like this slip so we can justifiably judge her!

I know a guy who uses similar math.  He and his wife got separated a little over 3 years ago and officially divorced a year after that.  He was already boning some other poor sucker 1 month after his wife walked out.  He spent the entire divorce period begging his wife to come back to him, even though he was sleeping with this other girl.  Then, after the divorce was final, he decided it was time to find a new wife so he starts dating and sleeping with just about every girl he dated (and claimed to not believe in premarital sex but excused it away by saying that he really thought he was going to marry the girl girl of the week) while still sleeping with the original girl.  Original girl, who clearly lacks self esteem hangs around begging him to commit while he says that he likes her well enough, but he doesn't see her as being the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with.  Two months ago, I called him out on how he was treating this girl and pointed out that if he ever knew of a guy treated one of his daughters that way, he'd kill them.  Now, all of the sudden, they are soulmates who have been committed to each other for 3 years.

Basically, I think that you start counting from the day you meet each other.  You ignore anyone you might have dated while knowing each other and say that you knew you were soulmates from the moment you met.  You also absolutely count the current month and the first month.  So,, for example, if I started dating someone today, January 27, in one week when it is February 3, I have actually been with Mr. Dreamboat for 2 months as well as 1 week.  It's truly amazing.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

It’s all puzzling. I personally think that Matt was fixed, so birth control-less Amber got pregnant right away. I just have no idea why this guy latched onto her. She doesn’t have THAT much money in the big picture. 2-3 hundred grand has got to be mediocre settling for this guy - despite his creepy past. She’s a mentally ill, repressed teenager living in Indiana. With a child to pay for and lots of tax leins. What am I missing?

That's what I can't figure out about NuMatt either. Obviously, he's no prize, but he was in a milieu where he was connected to people who are more monied, accomplished, interesting, and sane than Amber. She has the money to provide for a short-term comfortable life in IN, but that isn't really impressive to someone from even moderate means who has lived his whole life in Malibu/Hollywood/LA. If he's just a soulless user, there are lots and lots of women in LA/the entertainment industry who have much more money than Amber and are fucked up enough to be into an instaPrinceCharming who even has some half-assed credentials (and is verified on Twitter!).

Even if his story of being magically, magnetically drawn to Amber is true, surely he started to see the light pretty soon after moving to Bumblefuck, IN to hang out with Amber watching TV and maybe going on Walmart runs with occasional excursions to HI or LA when Amber's up to it (which will be happening less as her pregnancy progresses). Someone with his background must see Amber and her friends/family as ignorant hicks, so what is he thinking being on this path to make her world his, and his son's, world? How horrified must his family be?

• Love 17

I just can't with Andrew. He is a man-child. My husband is shy and very private but he can still have a fucking conversation with someone. He doesn't giggle and turn red when people are talking about babies or grope my tits in public, especially when someone is videotaping. When he was talking to the producer, homeboy just kept giggling, looking at his feet, and mumbling. This is a man who has worked in reality tv. I realize that being in front of the camera is different but he should still be able to coherently answer a question. There is NOTHING about this "man" that screams "adult." He doesn't even have his own house. 

Maybe that's why he fell into Amber-he's too childish to have his own place and be independent so he latched upon another "mommy" figure. Although Amber is not a mother, she can take care of him in other ways-provide a house, money, and vehicles. 

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I just can't with Andrew. He is a man-child. My husband is shy and very private but he can still have a fucking conversation with someone. He doesn't giggle and turn red when people are talking about babies or grope my tits in public, especially when someone is videotaping. When he was talking to the producer, homeboy just kept giggling, looking at his feet, and mumbling. This is a man who has worked in reality tv. I realize that being in front of the camera is different but he should still be able to coherently answer a question. There is NOTHING about this "man" that screams "adult." He doesn't even have his own house. 

Maybe that's why he fell into Amber-he's too childish to have his own place and be independent so he latched upon another "mommy" figure. Although Amber is not a mother, she can take care of him in other ways-provide a house, money, and vehicles. 

I agree with your entire post!

He is a man-child! He is also a fraud. His parents owned a house in Malibu, he didn't. His father was successful, he isn't. He claims to be a cinematographer who left LA to visit Amber. He missed his flight back to LA so he moved in with and impregnated Amber. This guy is at best a grifter. 

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, druzy said:

He is a man-child! He is also a fraud. His parents owned a house in Malibu, he didn't. His father was successful, he isn't. He claims to be a cinematographer who left LA to visit Amber. He missed his flight back to LA so he moved in with and impregnated Amber. This guy is at best a grifter. 

Yep, totes! ;-)

How successful could he have been if he was able to settle into Indiana at will and stay for long periods of time?

• Love 13

Samantha @RockerSam91 21h

@AmberLPortwood you said you are off your bipolar meds. I am bipolar too but couldn’t imagine being off my meds. How do you handle maintaining your moods and being positive?

AmberPortwood@Amber Portwood Replying to @RockerSam91

It has been an emotional rollercoaster. I don't know what I would do without my family and Andrew. They have been great support and very understanding.

12:58 PM · Jan 28, 2018

• Love 8
16 hours ago, druzy said:

Very much so.

Just because someone comes from a family whose parent was successful in the Hollywood business or some other business, that doesn't make them successful and it surely doesn't mean they are not prone to not being a loser. There are plenty of examples of well-to-do people or famous people in Hollywood who have children who are major fuck-ups. Baby Huey could only dream he could be seen on the same level that his late father was once on when he was alive and working. His father wasn't on any "greatest" lists, but he seemed to have at least maintained a career in his field.   

Baby Huey is using his father's name and work to further his non-existent career and life in Indiana with Amber. He was likely "given" that career when he wouldn't bother doing anything else.

Most likely Baby Huey moved away from Hollywood because people there know if you are successful or not. He isn't able to pull any grifter moves in Malibu or Hollywood. He likely pushes the "I am the son of" card and is viewed as just a D-lister when it comes to his cinematography work. He isn't eating at Mr. Chow's or Spago's.  But he will tell Amber he has eaten there. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Very much so.

Just because someone comes from a family whose parent was successful in the Hollywood business or some other business, that doesn't make them successful and it surely doesn't mean they are not prone to not being a loser. There are plenty of examples of well-to-do people or famous people in Hollywood who have children who are major fuck-ups. Baby Huey could only dream he could be seen on the same level that his late father was once on when he was alive and working. His father wasn't on any "greatest" lists, but he seemed to have at least maintained a career in his field.   

Baby Huey is using his father's name and work to further his non-existent career and life in Indiana with Amber. He was likely "given" that career when he wouldn't bother doing anything else.

Most likely Baby Huey moved away from Hollywood because people there know if you are successful or not. He isn't able to pull any grifter moves in Malibu or Hollywood. He likely pushes the "I am the son of" card and is viewed as just a D-lister when it comes to his cinematography work. He isn't eating at Mr. Chow's or Spago's.  But he will tell Amber he has eaten there. 

Many years ago my friend was dating a guy who was one of the cameramen on the Anna Nicole reality series. He was an out of work construction worker and his father's friend got him the job! He never called himself a cinematographer-lol.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

"Closing the business and getting rid of shit" sale

Is it wrong that I want to order something, just to see how crappy the merchandise is? You know those companies that advertise on FB? The ones that show a beautiful dress for $10 but when you get it it's 3 shades darker and has the texture of a garbage bag? That's what I am envisioning. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

Is it wrong that I want to order something, just to see how crappy the merchandise is? You know those companies that advertise on FB? The ones that show a beautiful dress for $10 but when you get it it's 3 shades darker and has the texture of a garbage bag? That's what I am envisioning. 

lol

Give it a BAD review. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

lol

Give it a BAD review. 

I found one that I like. It would be around $5. I may order it just to give you all some feedback...

9 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

when it comes to his cinematography work. 

This is still just cracking me up. Her whole "he's a talented cinematographer" comeback. 

Girl, he's a cameraman for a reality show about Zlisters. And not even one that breaks the 4th wall. Bitch, please. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 13
On 1/27/2018 at 7:48 AM, malaluna said:

Lol I think he just saw the scene where Matt drove away with a corvette. Baby Huey's big butt knew a corvette would be a tight squeeze so he settled for an RV.

Hahahahaha. Now I have to explain to a co-worker why I just burst out giggling for no reason. Picturing Andrew looking at the seat size, mentally calculating the width of his ass, and then saying fuck it, Amber, let's be whimsical and buy an RV!

• Love 10
On 1/27/2018 at 7:19 PM, TheRealT said:

That's what I can't figure out about NuMatt either. Obviously, he's no prize, but he was in a milieu where he was connected to people who are more monied, accomplished, interesting, and sane than Amber. She has the money to provide for a short-term comfortable life in IN, but that isn't really impressive to someone from even moderate means who has lived his whole life in Malibu/Hollywood/LA. If he's just a soulless user, there are lots and lots of women in LA/the entertainment industry who have much more money than Amber and are fucked up enough to be into an instaPrinceCharming who even has some half-assed credentials (and is verified on Twitter!).

Even if his story of being magically, magnetically drawn to Amber is true, surely he started to see the light pretty soon after moving to Bumblefuck, IN to hang out with Amber watching TV and maybe going on Walmart runs with occasional excursions to HI or LA when Amber's up to it (which will be happening less as her pregnancy progresses). Someone with his background must see Amber and her friends/family as ignorant hicks, so what is he thinking being on this path to make her world his, and his son's, world? How horrified must his family be?

I think he's there because he's 1) lazy; 2) a famewhore (and how else would he get on the other side of the camera?).

22 hours ago, druzy said:

Many years ago my friend was dating a guy who was one of the cameramen on the Anna Nicole reality series. He was an out of work construction worker and his father's friend got him the job! He never called himself a cinematographer-lol.

The Anna Nicole Show is one of my favorite, truly-cringe-worthy, train wreck shows. I have a soft spot for Anna Nicole.  It was such a good early reality show. I bet the construction worker cinematographer has a LOT of good stories to tell about that cast. 

I look at these chicks like Amber who idolize Marilyn and remember that Anna Nicole was the real reality-show Marilyn fan. She even lived in Marilyn's last home for a while. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think he's there because he's 1) lazy; 2) a famewhore (and how else would he get on the other side of the camera?).

The Anna Nicole Show is one of my favorite, truly-cringe-worthy, train wreck shows. I have a soft spot for Anna Nicole.  It was such a good early reality show. I bet the construction worker cinematographer has a LOT of good stories to tell about that cast. 

I look at these chicks like Amber who idolize Marilyn and remember that Anna Nicole was the real reality-show Marilyn fan. She even lived in Marilyn's last home for a while. 

Man, I loved me some Anna Nicole too! A college friend was from her hometown (she lived there in high school I think) of Mexia and I always tried to ask her about AN. She basically said people were ashamed she called Mexia home. Basically she had no good dirt and my story has no point. 

10 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I'm confused...is this art that he is making? That aztec calendar doesn't look like a painting. It looks 3 dimensional. 

I think the bought the Aztec art but made the horrible "painting."

• Love 12
3 hours ago, druzy said:

The man in this painting looks tortured. Look at New Matt's comment. 

aztec.png

2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I wonder what that means.

....that NewMatt is going to cut open Amber from stomach from throat, rip out her heart, push her down the stairs, & dismember her? (Though that sounds more like UBT's ideal "type of night," TBH....)

[Reference: http://anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13/2013/04/25/aztec-human-sacrifice/ ]

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12

I definitely think NuMatt is a grifter and grifters don't always seek the uber rich. It's more about finding someone weak and gullible enough to fall for your shit. I don't think he's looking to bilk her out of millions and run off. I think he's a halfass grifter who just wants someone to pay the bills while he lays around and draws his ugly ass "art". 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I remember he said it was a very chaotic environment. Anna Nicole was very nice and supposedly hit on him.

Amber probably never watched any of Marilyn Monroe’s movies. If someone asked why she idolizes her I wonder what Amber's answer would be.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, druzy said:

I remember he said it was a very chaotic environment. Anna Nicole was very nice and supposedly hit on him.

Amber probably never watched any of Marilyn Monroe’s movies. If someone asked why she idolizes her I wonder what Amber's answer would be.

"Because she was curvy and beautiful so it doesn't matter if I don't measure up to today's beauty standards. She was tragic and troubled and terrific, just like me."

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I definitely think NuMatt is a grifter and grifters don't always seek the uber rich. It's more about finding someone weak and gullible enough to fall for your shit. I don't think he's looking to bilk her out of millions and run off. I think he's a halfass grifter who just wants someone to pay the bills while he lays around and draws his ugly ass "art". 

Right! I mean, I'm sure he'd rather mooch off of someone like Reese Witherspoon than Amber, given the choice. But there has to be someone in the intersection of "women who have something to offer Andrew" and "women who are willing to date Andrew", and Reese Witherspoon sure as shit isn't in the universal set of that Venn Diagram. Amber is likely the best he can do, and the ironic thing is, he's going to have work far harder at being her houseboy than he would have to at a real job. For being moochers and grifters, these guys sure are working hard. Can you imagine being at Amber's beck and call 24/7? I just don't think the leased cars and the occasional Hawaii trip would be worth it, especially if you're stuck rubbing Amber's feet and changing her socks for her in the hotel room instead of being out sightseeing.

• Love 20
21 hours ago, druzy said:

This is on the replies 

Regarding Marilyn Monroe; recall CPS being involved and Amber getting a house ready and taking forever? The first item she was shown with in the house was a Monroe picture. From what could be seen there wasn’t anything else. Getting ready for CPS is very different in Amber land.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

This is on the replies 

Regarding Marilyn Monroe; recall CPS being involved and Amber getting a house ready and taking forever? The first item she was shown with in the house was a Monroe picture. From what could be seen there wasn’t anything else. Getting ready for CPS is very different in Amber land.

So this Ashley person must've wiped out all the merch. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

So this Ashley person must've wiped out all the merch. 

Crap! I hope she didn't buy up all my loot!

7 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Count me in as someone who had a soft spot for Anna Nicole. I have a soft spot for Marilyn, too, and it pisses me off that Amber, in her own demented way, has "laid claim" to her. 

She better lay off Priscilla Presley, that's all I'm saying. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

Right! I mean, I'm sure he'd rather mooch off of someone like Reese Witherspoon than Amber, given the choice. But there has to be someone in the intersection of "women who have something to offer Andrew" and "women who are willing to date Andrew", and Reese Witherspoon sure as shit isn't in the universal set of that Venn Diagram. Amber is likely the best he can do, and the ironic thing is, he's going to have work far harder at being her houseboy than he would have to at a real job. For being moochers and grifters, these guys sure are working hard. Can you imagine being at Amber's beck and call 24/7? I just don't think the leased cars and the occasional Hawaii trip would be worth it, especially if you're stuck rubbing Amber's feet and changing her socks for her in the hotel room instead of being out sightseeing.

There are plenty of people hired on as caretakers for employment. No perks but no sex involved.

There are spouses that take on a role of caretaker on the show “my 600lb life” no perks aside from disability checks and the freedom to leave the house to do god knows what without being caught, so no sex (obvious reasons) but some perks, so you’d be surprised at what people would do for a stable lifestyle provided with comfort and “fans,” while knocking up a decent looking woman. Perks and sex.

There are many women that have stayed in unhappy marriages out of fear of not being able to support themselves, catering to the mans every whim and abuse, they didn’t get trips to Hawaii and fancy cars. Taken on the role of Ambers hired sex buddy and helper isn’t too bad of an offer. Knocking her up garners the dude with child support, some would say Andrew made a good investment. LOL.

• Love 5
On 1/26/2018 at 4:18 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

SHE IS TOTALLY THE MOTHER in "Horton Hatches an Egg!"

First of all, big hugs. And kudos to you in seeking help.

I quoted you because your story of how you started to realize you potentially had a diagnosis was so similar to mine. I've fought anxiety and depression my entire adult life. College was especially rough. I was with my now husband and I had a co-worker who was open about his ADD so I started googling to see if he fit any standard criteria. And it was all me.  All.  Me. So much. The co-morbidities...anxiety, depression. Feeling like you're not as successful as your peers. Impulse control issues. 

I went to the doctor (after I reconciled myself to it) and the diagnosis came back "moderate ADD (non-hyperactive)." And since I started taking meds, so much better. Literally life changing. 

Right now I'm anxious about traveling for work, but it's nothing like it was in the past. 

Including @leighroda on this one as someone else who gave me courage to share the following personal information.

I took a Glamour magazine quiz to figure out that I have ADHD (during my post grad work). A psychiatrist officially diagnosed me after I made an appointment, but I have one specific genetic predisposition (my twin brother has ADD.) Also had several other things that made me think "this stuff (insert project, test, any other pathways to academic success) shouldn't be this hard."  I read an article in Glamour about more young adult women being diagnosed with ADHD, took the quiz in the back, scored off the charts and got myself to a doc ASAP.

No shame in knowing ourselves well enough to use another medium to confirm our suspicions and then handle it with professionals. I'm just mad I didn't know about it years earlier because the meds have changed my life, which is why I'm such an advocate for not saying "no meds for me or my kid" because I'm living proof they work miracles. I almost didn't pass my stupid George W. Bush administration based CSET exams to earn my teaching credential because of untreated symptoms. 

• Love 12

Hey Amber, you're an asshole. Intentionally getting pregnant right now is the biological equivalent to borrowing a huge sum of money from a family member or friend (who cannot afford to be out that money and only loaned it to you because you were desperate), then telling him or her that you are too broke to even make small payments back to them, and then buying yourself something fancy and expensive and unnecessary.  Gary might consider professional counseling for Leah so she's able to navigate her hurt and anger and can learn to separate her mother's selfishness from Leah's own sense of self worth.

• Love 22

To be fair, Leah already knew. Gary mentioned that Amber had previously called to tell him and Leah. So this big announcement was only for Mom and Kristal. 

That being said, Leah appears completely uninterested in talking about it. 

• Love 19

Did Amber not receive a screener this week? Gary was basically saying she was such a crap mom to Leah, he just hopes this baby is taken care of. That doesn't set her off, but talking about how little time she has seen Leah over the summer makes her lose her shit on Twitter?

• Love 21