Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Morgan was late for her panel interview arrival time, and did not make it back to her second season.  Kellie makes it clear every year that punctuality is key, so it should not be a surprise.  DFW traffic sucks, so you just leave in plenty of time and take a book.  

I am in no way saying that DCC should not be held to rules. It is what it is. I'm just saying why make Keyra waste her time trying out again if you already knew she was not going to be invited back. As far as Morgan, that is not the reason TPTB gave for not inviting her back. Yes, she was late to panels but I think her solo did her in. It was embarrassing, 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I see your point, however they have enough All Stars to fill in when they have issues with the current DCC. So, I agree with Jess14, if it was a cardinal sin and enough to be fired over now, she should have been fired then.

Maybe they wanted to give her a second chance after the first time she was late or she was able to bull sh** Kelli and Judy to stay with the squad. They were dealing with problems right and left with at least four vets and two rookies. I do not think Kelli and Judy should take the heat over this. They may have wanted to cut her the second time she was late, but Charlotte may have stepped in and said no.

10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, not only that but several insiders have already verified KaShara was called second to last to teach her a lesson about the weight gain.  

I think some of the frustration regarding spoilers is that a lot of posters don't read the other threads, so they only know what they have seen on the episode threads.  Meanwhile, there are a lot of us who already know how the season will play out, why it will play out that way and other assorted bits of insider info.  Sometimes there is a comment made by a "non-spoiled" poster and the rest of us are biting our tongues.

with all due respect, many want to watch the show without being spoiled and should, in a spoiler-free forum, be able to do that, regardless of if that is 'frustrating' to those that chose to learn ahead of time what the score was. i choose to follow some of the vets on SM and so i am aware of which of those have made it back because some of them put stuff in insta stories that they can't/wouldn't post on their main page before the end of the show run, but in terms of the rookies, i want to watch it play out

• Love 5

VKs solo was mediocre at best, even on her insta she comes off as kind of...wobbly? Like a noodle but worse.

I’m also sick of seeing the same dang cookie cutter routines every year. It’s like everyone cuts and pastes turns and leaps/rolling on the floor/leg lifts into different combinations and call it a day. Yes Amy is boring doing the same tap routine every year (same as Jinelle who did some cha cha number a couple years in a row) but I’d rather see that then 30+ girls doing the 60 seconds of the same material in a row. 

• Love 7
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

VKs solo was mediocre at best, even on her insta she comes off as kind of...wobbly? Like a noodle but worse.

I’m also sick of seeing the same dang cookie cutter routines every year. It’s like everyone cuts and pastes turns and leaps/rolling on the floor/leg lifts into different combinations and call it a day. Yes Amy is boring doing the same tap routine every year (same as Jinelle who did some cha cha number a couple years in a row) but I’d rather see that then 30+ girls doing the 60 seconds of the same material in a row. 

I see your point. This made me literally LOL. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

with all due respect, many want to watch the show without being spoiled and should, in a spoiler-free forum, be able to do that, regardless of if that is 'frustrating' to those that chose to learn ahead of time what the score was. i choose to follow some of the vets on SM and so i am aware of which of those have made it back because some of them put stuff in insta stories that they can't/wouldn't post on their main page before the end of the show run, but in terms of the rookies, i want to watch it play out

Oh I'm sorry....it's not frustrating.  I say "biting our tongues" cause we are trying not to respond with a spoiler.  We respect your point of view, but sometimes we want to defend what we have said, and it's like, uhhhh never mind let it go, wait for that episode to air.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

from the way Brenda was going on about being 'so proud of her' I got the feeling maybe she knows Tina? because that seemed kinda personal to me but could be wrong

See I got a major kiss butt vibe from it. Like she knows how much Charlotte and Kelli are carrying on and so she jumped in. That’s how I felt about Katbto. Like one of them made a comment about her dress so she took it to the next level.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Keyra was late for two appearances, she rubbed a few of the other girls the wrong way along with rubbing Kelli the wrong way, and the company she was keeping did not help *cough Jenna, Cersten and Erica cough* And yes she did have a self centered look at me attitude going for her.

I think it's funny that 4 DCCs I tend to dislike and have always rubbed me the wrong way are all besties...

• Love 4
Just now, NMDD43 said:

I think it's funny that 4 DCCs I tend to dislike and have always rubbed me the wrong way are all besties...

birds of a feather...

1 minute ago, pizzaislife said:

See I got a major kiss butt vibe from it. Like she knows how much Charlotte and Kelli are carrying on and so she jumped in. That’s how I felt about Katbto. Like one of them made a comment about her dress so she took it to the next level.

sort of like 'I saw how K&C responded when someone dared to question their sweet baby child VK and so I shall too respond seriously OTT and gain kudos and still have a judging position next year unlike poor meteorologist dude who has now dared to question them on VK not once but twice' kind of thing?  man is my damn hero too.  don't drink the kool-aid, brave man, don't drink the kool-aid.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Maven said:

1.Laker Girl Sara didn't make it into training camp because she's fat. Thick in the middle and water weight in the legs. Good dance technique is not enough. I'm sorry, but if you don't have the right body type and you can't rock the DCC uniform, TPTB are not going to put a uniform on you. Nor should they.

2.Rachel Wyatt--holy RBF, Batman. But she is so pretty. She's like a 1970s head-turner, one of those rescue-me-from-the-bad-guys beauties from a bygone era. 

1. Oh I understand that-her body style is what I was alluding to in the rest of my post although I packaged my statement a little differently. I do want to be clear that in no way on Earth do I personally think Laker Girl Sara is fat. A little thicker than, say, Lacey? Sure. Definitely not the standard DCC body. But to each her own, as everyone has a different opinion for body styles-I personally think Lacey is waaaay too skinny. Also, DCC:MTT history has shown us that, at times, they’ve been more than willing to take a great dancer who needs a little “body restructuring” into TC. If the TCC cannot adapt or meet the standard, then (usually) she is cut. Grace Sells and Tampa Bay Meghan come to mind-although again, I do not in any way think those girls were fat/heavy. But more to my specific point, as @LaurenBrook mentioned in an earlier post, the judges usually don’t have any qualms discussing this in deliberations. They very well could have discussed Sara’s body type, but perhaps CMT chose to not air that part of the discussion. ??‍♀️ Just from what was aired, it sounded like they loved her. As others have mentioned, there has been a suspicious lack of Judy talking head segments this year so far. She usually gives her honest opinion about dance ability vs physical appearance as it pertains to the hopefuls. 

2. Totally agree on Rachel. Although maybe not on the RBF aspect as I think she’s been trained in keeping her composure. But she does look like an old time movie star, like Hedy Lamarr or Lana Turner. Definitely the kind of beauty we don’t see very often now. Would have loved to see some of her panel interview. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

When does cmt put up the episode from last night? Just checked the site and it's not there. DH is on vacation  this week and hogging the only TV in the house.

That's funny - it was on last night cause someone mentioned watching it

2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

psychopaths are NOT by definition violent. its simply defines a set of personality traits and cold-hearted behaviours, not violence. Most CEOs and surgeons will display psychopathic traits, they do not show violence.

I hope this isn’t stepping out of our bounds on this board and everyone is entitled to his own opinion  but I have to respond.   Kelli is NOT  a sociopath (and I have read and taught TSND).  She is a strong business woman with strong opinions.  There IS a difference. 

She is also human. I too bristled at what she said to Dayton, but it was just a preview.  A scene selected to encourage the viewer to turn in next week.  Mission accomplished!   Let’s see the context and what is / is not said to VK.  And what Kelli says ( eve how she says it) and does may be worlds apart.  She seemed hostile towards Kelsey two years ago in TC but when discussing her in the office, she was not looking to cut her.  There may be reasons that made her say it   Or there may be some other reason she is harder on Dayton  ...that we will never learn.   That doesn’t make Kelli evil or sociopathic It makes her flawed like most people  

We only see a fraction of a fraction of what is filmed and much less of what actually happens.  Editing is key.  I rewatched the Kelli Pickler visit from 2 years ago.  In the group, beloved Maddie made two ginormously huge errors in the group dance on the field. We heard nothing about it.  

Ok.  Sorry for the diatribe.  And for the record, I do not like how VK is coming off on screen, I did not see glaring errors for Dayton to earn that critique, I was ticked off at the awwws when VK fell out of her turn, I cannot believe Jessika made the squad, and I’m PISSED that Kashara got called almost last.  

I wish that we did not get an entire episode of prelims and that we got to see more of the deliberations and the field. 

Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

When does cmt put up the episode from last night? Just checked the site and it's not there. DH is on vacation  this week and hogging the only TV in the house.

That's funny - it was on last night cause someone mentioned watching it

I watched it last night around 11:30 CT. Took them alot longer to make it available for some reason.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Based on previous posts, I assume you’re a Lacey gal?

I'm really a Brennan gal, but even if she ends up making the squad, I assume she would not get point :)

Seriously yes, Lacey is my favorite.  I just find her much prettier than Kashara & a much better dancer.  Kelli should have consulted me about this last year, damn it!

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I hope this isn’t stepping out of our bounds on this board and everyone is entitled to his own opinion  but I have to respond.   Kelli is NOT  a sociopath (and I have read and taught TSND).  She is a strong business woman with strong opinions.  There IS a difference. 

She is also human. I too bristled at what she said to Dayton, but it was just a preview.  A scene selected to encourage the viewer to turn in next week.  Mission accomplished!   Let’s see the context and what is / is not said to VK.  And what Kelli says ( eve how she says it) and does may be worlds apart.  She seemed hostile towards Kelsey two years ago in TC but when discussing her in the office, she was not looking to cut her.  There may be reasons that made her say it   Or there may be some other reason she is harder on Dayton  ...that we will never learn.   That doesn’t make Kelli evil or sociopathic It makes her flawed like most people  

We only see a fraction of a fraction of what is filmed and much less of what actually happens.  Editing is key.  I rewatched the Kelli Pickler visit from 2 years ago.  In the group, beloved Maddie made two ginormously huge errors in the group dance on the field. We heard nothing about it.  

Ok.  Sorry for the diatribe.  And for the record, I do not like how VK is coming off on screen, I did not see glaring errors for Dayton to earn that critique, I was ticked off at the awwws when VK fell out of her turn, I cannot believe Jessika made the squad, and I’m PISSED that Kashara got called almost last.  

I wish that we did not get an entire episode of prelims and that we got to see more of the deliberations and the field. 

I'm not the person that said she was, but I agree witht his. she really isn't. she's a boss. literally. and I doubt a man would be called  sociopath for having the same bluntness in their approach to the maintenance of the 'brand' of DCC or any organisation.  She's not there to be a mother to these girls (which make her behaviour around VK so much more annoying to me as if she feels that strongly about the girl she should excuse herself though we all know Charlotte loves her) she's there to bring out what they need to give to become DCC and thats what she does. you can never believe a damn thing from previews of next episodes because rarely do the audio and video match up and context is key. its all about the ratings y'all

• Love 5

Guys, us locking the spoiler thread is not an excuse for you to post spoilers in the episode thread. You all know very well that spoilers are not allowed in episode threads, so do not post spoilers in here, and definitely do NOT discuss mod actions either. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe they wanted to give her a second chance after the first time she was late or she was able to bull sh** Kelli and Judy to stay with the squad. They were dealing with problems right and left with at least four vets and two rookies. I do not think Kelli and Judy should take the heat over this. They may have wanted to cut her the second time she was late, but Charlotte may have stepped in and said no.

What makes you think that Charlotte stepped in or that Judy wanted to cut her? Judy was shown in this episode speaking up for Keyra, and I don’t remember Charlotte saying anything? I guess I’m just not sure what the conjecture is based on.

To be clear, I have no issue with Keyra being cut if she was tardy. As long as there’s no discrimination going on, I think K&J, as coaches, maintain the right to cut someone for whatever reason they want. I was just commenting on why Keyra may have been surprised. Tardiness is certainly a fireable offense in the DCC world, but if her punishment for it wasn’t severe when it actually occurred, then I can see why she would be surprised that it’s cited as a reason for her cut months after the fact. 

• Love 4

Kelli is a business woman, and a dang good one. Not a sociopath.

These girls weren’t drafted or coerced into this JOB. They willingly audition. They can talk about a corporate culture of sisterhood and unicorns and sunshine and roses, but this is a business. I’ve said it dozens of times over the years, even Kitty is very mild compared to many dance industry pros. 

I do think Kelli had some negative attitude with Dayton, and not sure why. If they don’t want her to audition, I think it’s ok to cross that line and tell her what they’re looking for think if it’s a good match. I do wonder if Dayton auditioned bc that’s sort of been the unofficial next step in her life, but she’d really be happier doing something else, but didn’t want to disappoint anyone. I’m happy she’s continuing to dance, but on her own terms. 

VK is a hot mess and no where near polished enough for DCC. She either needs to tone down or refine almost everything about her AKA grow up a little. 

• Love 9
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

I do wonder if Dayton auditioned bc that’s sort of been the unofficial next step in her life, but she’d really be happier doing something else, but didn’t want to disappoint anyone. I’m happy she’s continuing to dance, but on her own terms. 

VK is a hot mess and no where near polished enough for DCC. She either needs to tone down or refine almost everything about her AKA grow up a little. 

100% agree.

• Love 3

I recently saw a post that said I wonder what Dayton did to Kelly I don’t believe this was Dayton’s fault . Dayton is a bright star she has a lot of potential she could do what anything she desires I’m telling you if Dayton wants anything she deserves it

5 hours ago, dbell1 said:

With last year's mess in TC and the way Kashara stepped up, it's surprising that they did something like this. Weight can come off easily. 

Tell that to Selina.

5 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Whether consciously or subconsciously, Kelli is probably resentful that Shelly’s daughter is naturally gorgeous, while her own daughter... well it doesn’t really need to be spelled out does it? 

That seems like a reach. Why would she single out Dayton over the other attractive candidates? Especially since Sam seems completely uninterested in ever being a DCC.

5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Kelli is excellent at marketing, building a team, spotting talent, promotion, etc, but she has some terrible managerial habits. You shouldn’t be embarrassing your employees as punishment for not being skinny. You shouldn’t be holding past discretion’s in your back pocket. 

Sometimes I think Kelli is completely over it. Of course she enjoys the power, prestige, salary, and opportunities the job affords her, but I think she's tired of dealing with so many women in this age group. Despite the careful selection process and all the lessons the drill into their heads, they can still be flighty, dramatic, entitled, self important, and immature. She's been doing this for almost 30 years and while she ages and matures, the girls stay the same. I think she likes the business side of things. Not so much the direct and daily involvement with the girls as individuals. 

• Love 11

I can't believe that Kashara was the last vet called either. I was sitting there thinking Why in the hell has Kash not been called. Then I thought maybe they wanted us to think she was called next to last (you know editing and all) but the insiders say she was. However, they kept Kash and cut Selina...for weight, even though one judge did point out that her solo was not the best, her weight did her in. To be honest I never cared for Selina as far as talent and I always knew they would cut her one day.  To me Selina and retired DCC Simone really cant dance. 

VK should not have made it to TC with that bad field performance. To me that is blatant favoritism. Oh well, the milk has been spilled and nothing we can do about it. I dont think we will ever understand the reasoning behind who they do/dont choose for TC and I think that is by design. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 4

Can someone tell me who Jessika ( the “k” is annoying enough ugh) has dirt on ? There is no other explanation why she is still here ? they should have taken Sarah and shown her the door . 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Maven said:

Speaking of, I am so tired of Jenn K. and her "I could put a uniform on 10 of them" ego crap. You're not going to put a uniform on anyone, chickipoo, because you're not Kelli or Judy or Charlotte. Just teach everyone the damn combination and get over yourself.

Yes! That really annoyed me when she said that 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Gigi88 said:

Can someone tell me who Jessika ( the “k” is annoying enough ugh) has dirt on ? There is no other explanation why she is still here ? they should have taken Sarah and shown her the door . 

I think she's one of Kelli's favorites. She said something about getting a letter from Kelli asking her to audition again. I think it was after she auditioned and didn't make it. She mentioned it on These boots are made for talking podcast.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Maven said:

Speaking of, I am so tired of Jenn K. and her "I could put a uniform on 10 of them" ego crap. You're not going to put a uniform on anyone, chickipoo, because you're not Kelli or Judy or Charlotte. Just teach everyone the damn combination and get over yourself.

I never cared for Jenn. I don't actively dislike her but she comes across to me as someone who sees herself as the mature adult in the room. Not *better than* others exactly, but more professional and together. Maybe she is, but I can't love her.

1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I am in no way saying that DCC should not be held to rules. It is what it is. I'm just saying why make Keyra waste her time trying out again if you already knew she was not going to be invited back. 

I think every year before auditions they look back on the year and decide which girls they really really want back, and which ones had a less than stellar season. They aren't going to tell people not to bother auditioning, but they will have an eye out for potential replacements for the girls on the bubble. In keyra's case, she was a little problematic which wasn't enough to cut her and disrupt the squad midseason, but put her on the radar in a bad way. Then some really talented AA dancers showed up to audition. K&J figured they'd have no problem replacing Keyra, so she got the axe.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, hypeman said:

So Keyra is the new Jenna. Where all kinds of unsubstantiated theories that paint her in the worst light are concocted hourly.

Jenna was the new Sydney and remember how everybody hated Megan C for a hot minute? She was the devil, no the FAT devil, then retired and now she's a fave. 

• Love 10

I've noticed on this thread that people are lumping Cersten into the same group of "annoying, self-centered people" as Erica, Jenna, Keyra.  I never got this impression from Cersten, at least not on the show.  Can someone explain why she falls into this category?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

I don't understand why, with someone like Keyra, they wouldn't invite her back but tell her she's on probation and that any further "unfprofessional" behavior would lead to her termination.  

She was warned more than once about weight and being late. They were so wrapped up in the Jenna, Holly, Erica, drama plus the other two leaving and having Cersten to reign in Keyra's sass, that she was not priority to deal with. IDK Keyra is just way too old and danced on this level too long to not know a sass mouth and not showing up to do your job will get you fired, especially when you are out danced and look too thick.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Keyra was late for two appearances, she rubbed a few of the other girls the wrong way along with rubbing Kelli the wrong way, and the company she was keeping did not help *cough Jenna, Cersten and Erica cough* And yes she did have a self centered look at me attitude going for her.

In other words, there were other factors taken into consideration beyond what we saw on TV.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Someone who was late to two appearances, had a snotty attitude leading to Kelli and other girls not caring for her, running around with other self centered and entitled girls aka Jenna, Erica and Cersten. Kalyssa was cut for missing one appearance, so I can see why Kelli, Judy and Charlotte wanted to cut their losses with Keyra especially with all the drama from last season.

I thought it spoke volumes that the vets were crying around Selina, but Keyra was a bit MIA. 

2 hours ago, VintageJ said:

With all of the transgressions from last year with Holly, Jenna and Erica, add in Alexandria, Kalyssa and Milan leaving, they probably felt they could not afford, at the time, to let Keyra go.  I think if there wasn’t so much upheaval last year, Keyra may have been cut, especially the second time.

Agreed. Any other year and she probably would have been released early. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Their storyline is Honey Boo Boo meets DCC.

You owe me a new keyboard! 

2 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I see your point, however they have enough All Stars to fill in when they have issues with the current DCC. So, I agree with Jess14, if it was a cardinal sin and enough to be fired over now, she should have been fired then.

True, but people would have noticed and they didn't need the added attention. Last season didn't highlight the DCC as the world class organization they claimed to be and then 2 more dropped (1 vet, 1 not) before football season was over and releasing anyone else is iffy. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

I don't understand why, with someone like Keyra, they wouldn't invite her back but tell her she's on probation and that any further "unfprofessional" behavior would lead to her termination.  

Who knows.....maybe Kelli had her on the TC list when numbers were announced and changed her mind when she saw Keyra throw all. That. Shade. "It's just my conspiracy theory, allegedly." (Rich Lux)

• Love 2

Keyra came across very badly in last nights episode. All that taunting of the rookies and then getting cut is hilarious though. I'm sure it was edited that way deliberately. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Keyra came across very badly in last nights episode. All that taunting of the rookies and then getting cut is hilarious though. I'm sure it was edited that way deliberately. 

This is why we need the spoilers board back. What's real and what's contrived. My theory is that Kelli sat down with CMT and told them in advance who she's planning to cut and voila!

Edited by HateWatcher
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

That seems like a reach. Why would she single out Dayton over the other attractive candidates? Especially since Sam seems completely uninterested in ever being a DCC.

I disagree. Sam quietly auditioned for the Texas A&M Pom squad this year (didn’t make it). I think if Dayton and Victoria don’t make DCC then she may lose interest though.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I rewatched last night's episode and you can tell that KaShsra was pissed too. I think she may retire after this season. She is a great DCC and she knows what was up with Kelli. I am also pissed that Kelli is playing so many games. She is either reading too much press about herself and believing it, or something else is going on in her life. Some of the girls selected are questionable, and I can not believe the whole Dayton/Victoria vibe going on. I will admit I read the spoilers because I was not sure if I wanted to finish watching this season. No comment!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

I disagree. Sam quietly auditioned for the Texas A&M Pom squad this year (didn’t make it). I think if Dayton and Victoria don’t make DCC then she may lose interest though.

Didn't make it. That says ALOT. OMG, if she goes for DCC we will need a separate board.

Edited by HateWatcher
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, jlc said:

I rewatched last night's episode and you can tell that KaShsra was pissed too. I think she may retire after this season. She is a great DCC and she knows what was up with Kelli. I am also pissed that Kelli is playing so many games. She is either reading too much press about herself and believing it, or something else is going on in her life. Some of the girls selected are questionable, and I can not believe the whole Dayton/Victoria vibe going on. I will admit I read the spoilers because I was not sure if I wanted to finish watching this season. No comment!

She already said she was retiring after this year 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Oh, sorry, I didn't know that. 

3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Sorry didn't know that.