Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

In Kelli's defense, she did tell Dayton that "No one deserves this more than you" at the beginning of her statement I believe. I'll be interested in hearing the full context of it. And Kelli did state during solos that VK would not be favored because of her relationship with her through VK's mother. Now she needs to let her actions back those words up. 

• Love 7

I felt bad for Selina but 14 lbs over last year’s audition weight and being outdanced by rookies will definitely get you shut out at auditions. Same thing happened to Alyssa Torres years ago but she also blew her interview. Selina was given several chances to lose weight last season so they knew it wasn’t going to change. 

Puzzled over how Laker Girl Sarah ended up not making it with all the “she’s an amazing dancer” comments but she looked a bit soft to me so maybe that was it.

So happy for Titans girl Briana making TC, she really improved her stamina.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, catmom720 said:

I think the DCC use a similar time schedule as the Air Force.  If you arrive somewhere 30 minutes early, you're early.  If you arrive 15 minutes early, you're on time.  If you're on time, you're late.  My husband, a veteran, had to explain that to me.  I'm sure Keyra was aware of this concept, or however the DCC standard works.  She honestly seemed baffled about being cut.  Maybe she should watch this episode!

Victoria, queen of the DCC...funniest thing I've read in a long time!

It reminds me of a saying (many would remember it from the movie "Fame" but it's also used at LACHSA - Los Angeles County High School for the Arts) - "If you're early, you're on time.  If you're on time, you're late.  If you're late, you're dead."  It always annoys me when girls are late or nearly so, especially the vets.  They know it could (and will likely) count against them.  As for Jessika's questions, her answers could have gone in different directions and the fact that she stumbled is a count against her.  Honestly, I often forget she's on the squad, she's so much a blender.  She's one that could, and probably should, have been cut at any time over the past few years for various reason: bad/indifferent solos, issues with body shape (possibly weight issues) and bad interviews to name a few.

26 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

She waited outside for results. 

Hmmm. . . . more Tina and more Victoria.  This is getting RIDICULOUS!  Tina and Victoria are getting MORE air time in three episodes then Cassie and Judy did in almost the entirety of season 3 and I hated how much they were actually focused on the Cassie/Judy storyline.  I was TRYING to be fair about Victoria and not let my bias get the best of me, but, so far, this season is just emphasizing the favoritism/nepotism that Victoria is getting while Dayton seems to be getting the short end of the stick.  Frankly, they should be MUCH harder on Victoria then they are, but they're actually EXCUSING Victoria's mistakes, weight issues, and dancing issues (among other things) that would get ANY other rookie candidate cut and has.  Just the fact that it LOOKS like Tina is the only one who got to greet Victoria inside when everyone else had to stay outside (including Shelly? I can't remember) is just another example of the favoritism/nepotism.  Victoria is the ONE candidate (besides Cassie) where Kelli should have recused herself, but it's looking more and more like she knew she couldn't recuse herself or there was no way Victoria would have made Training Camp, much less Finals (Charlotte MIGHT have been able to get her in, but it still would have been as obvious as a neon sign in the middle of a moonless night).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Do you think someone should use the NFL or DCC platform for their own agenda or goals?

I thought this was SUCH AN UNFAIR question!!!  No matter what that girl did she was stuck!  Creepy Daddy Jones is against the players protesting, so in Charlottes eyes the only acceptable answer was “no, it’s not an appropriate place.” Whether she felt that way or not ??‍♀️ They set her up ?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Just the fact that it LOOKS like Tina is the only one who got to greet Victoria inside when everyone else had to stay outside (including Shelly? I can't remember) is just another example of the favoritism/nepotism.  

Shelly was inside sitting at a table, it looked like the rows were filled up with employees. Her reaction was priceless! 

• Love 3

Why does Miss America girl Rachel remind me a lot of Megan B from a couple years ago...the way she looks and talks, especially when she told Kitty she wasn't the best or whatever. It reminded me of Megan B in the office being so weird in how she talked and so spacey. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Why does Miss America girl Rachel remind me a lot of Megan B from a couple years ago...the way she looks and talks, especially when she told Kitty she wasn't the best or whatever. It reminded me of Megan B in the office being so weird in how she talked and so spacey. 

Yes! I thought the same thing!

• Love 6

At first I thought Meredith might be the next Kelsey Lowrance but no no no.  Kelsey had a sparkly personality to go with her striking beauty and didn't sound like she was in a trance state.

Scott Padgett doubling down! #respect #accuweatherforecast

i guess I just don't get it with VK.  She just looks ungainly as she dances the hair the shape the facial expressions.  The sobbing reaction to her solo was confounding to me. 

OK so was there ANYTHING Keyra could do to redeem herself at auditions?  If not they should have just released her or told her not to bother.  

Almost Miss America (Rachel) has severe resting bitch face -but I appreciate her articulate speaking style, especially when compared to dunce interviewees like Jessika and CIA/FBI girl.  

• Love 24
45 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

THIS. I agree with everything you just said. 

Also, what I found really irritating about the whole thing was that Kelli & company all went “awwwww” after VK fell out of her turn. You never see fhem doing that for anyone else... rookie or veteran. If anything, falling out of a turn usually elicits a cringe or another not so pleasant reaction from the judges. Just another show of the favoritism VK is receiving!

Even Cassie didn’t receive the kind of favoritism VK is receiving. I remember when little Heather kicked the wrong way and then she was cut. That turn was glaringly bad?

• Love 23
46 minutes ago, Teresa said:

In Kelli's defense, she did tell Dayton that "No one deserves this more than you" at the beginning of her statement I believe. I'll be interested in hearing the full context of it. And Kelli did state during solos that VK would not be favored because of her relationship with her through VK's mother. Now she needs to let her actions back those words up. 

It was the tone of the voice that did it for me. She has always had the professional tone with the girls no matter and she talked to Dayton like she was pissed off at her.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

??

For the record, I’m not supporting it. I was angry when I heard.

I don’t either. I’m not a Kashara fan, she is too much for me to take but I hate mind games. Just tell her she needs to tone up don’t mess with her.

im also getting tired of Jenn K. We get it you’re being groomed for  something but the whole speech every year kind of makes her look like a DBag. 

I feel super negative today so I’ll say that I liked the longer solo section, I liked the way they showed the field auditions, I liked the deliberations and explaining why a girl got cut. I love Gabby and new Maddie. 

Also i wonder if CMT is rolling their eyes at Kelli this year and that’s why she is getting shown in such a bad light, like even they find it ridiculous

Edited by pizzaislife
I can’t sleep
  • Love 17
55 minutes ago, Teresa said:

My impression was Kelli was repeating back what Dayton said.

14 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I've been a football fan for decades, and I would struggle to give a legitimate answer to "Why is the NFL important?"

Because if there were no NFL, there would be no Dallas Cowboys football team.  If no team, no cheerleaders.  If no cheerleaders, no tv show.  If no show, what the heck are we doing here?????

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

im also getting tired of Jenn K. We get it you’re being groomed for something but the whole speech every year kind of makes her look like a DBag. 

I feel super negative today so I’ll say that I liked the longer solo section, I liked the way they showed the field auditions, I liked the deliberations and explaining why a girl got cut. I love Gabby and new Maddie. 

THANK YOU I thought I was the only one who felt like Jenn K bugs.   

How cute were Gabbys parents waiting to hug her?

Also, what the hell was Charlotte wearing at the end when they announced names? It reminded me of the brown buckskin outfit that Charles Manson was arrested in circa 1969.   

• Love 13

KEYRAAAAA ?

I honestly thought she looked great tonight, and Kelli should’ve discussed her tardiness with her before the auditions. Keyra was a great performer, her body looked great, and she is confident. I wish her the best!

Selina is just sweet.

Dayton > VK

AND that’s all folks ✌?

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I don’t either. I’m not a Kashara fan, she is too much for me to take but I hate mind games. Just tell her she needs to tone up don’t mess with her.

im also getting tired of Jenn K. We get it you’re being groomed for  something but the whole speech every year kind of makes her look like a DBag. 

Also i wonder if CMT is rolling their eyes at Kelli this year and that’s why she is getting shown in such a bad light, like even they find it ridiculous

I saw KaShara at Bar Method recently teaching and she looked good there! But I do agree that in her solo, she looked a lot heavier than usual. I am guessing, she got toned up or the outfit or TV just weren't doing her any favors. I mean the camera doesn't always flatter everyone. The former DCC's I have seen in person always look much smaller than on TV. 

I love Jenn K, but yeah, I feel like she's allowing some of this to maybe go to her head with "I could put uniform on 10 of them...." business. Well YOU aren't putting a uniform on them yet girlie! She seems a little too in charge and talking down a bit for only being a very recent DCC herself. 

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I don't like the mind games either.  I mean, KaShara pulled your chewy bacon fat out of the fire last year.  She and the other gals that this has been done to deserve better.

I like Jenn K.  She's blunt and honest with the girls.  Except she needs to have a speech with the girls about how what you do this year will affect your chances next year - ie rules, appearances, tardiness, etc

And Kelli - I don't know what's going on, but if you're now going to play the villain to get ratings, it sucks

3 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I feel bad that the Cowboys organization obviously appointed Shelly to join this group and now she has to read about her daughter on here.  I know if one of my girls were auditioning and I had to read about how she had been treated cruelly and unfairly by the Director, even if the vast majority of posters agree that that was a classless move, it would still hurt to read about it.

I guess I'd just like to tell Shelly (and this is not something I am expecting or wanting her to answer), not because I'm trying to suck up or stand out but because I'm a mom and she's a mom, that from what I've seen Dayton is a lovely, talented and well-spoken young woman.  Those traits are far more important; more desirable than all the bluster, entitlement and over-the-top bravado in the world.  

Well said:)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Teresa said:

I just came here to ask if we were sure she wasn't cut?! That was terrible! Vets have been cut before for terrible interviews. Why not her? 

She got a pass last year too for that awful solo.   Maybe she has some dirt on Charlotte or something.  Her mouth was giving me a Cassie vibe as well in this episode - just not attractive.  She does have pretty hair and eyes though. 

• Love 5

I agree about Dayton. She IS very lovely, beautiful, poised, and well spoken. I just love her dancing that we've seen...it's beautiful! I love the way she also comes across overall. She really has been a favorite of mine since last year and not because Shelly is here, but I know she's the type I would love regardless. She's got a bright future no matter what she does!

2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She got a pass last year too for that awful solo.   Maybe she has some dirt on Charlotte or something.  Her mouth was giving me a Cassie vibe as well in this episode - just not attractive.  She does have pretty hair and eyes though. 

I can see that Cassie vibe. Though I do think she's still more attractive than Cassie could ever hope to be. I even watched an episode today from last season where the alumni gave critiques at the dance studio and Cassie was bragging about being the one who could lay down the law.....BARF!!! Ugh! She's not even likable! 

• Love 8

Oh, i did want to add that the weatherman was on fire again tonight. He obviously doesn’t know VK well unlike the rest of the panel. I’m not a VK hater at all. I do believe she could make the team, but she does need to tone up and work on her control (basically what weatherman said). She messed up a move, and she received “awes.” If anyone else had did that, it would’ve been a cut. This season is rubbing me the wrong way already. I understand that professionalism is huge part of the organization, but I also find it unprofessional to not talk with your employees about certain things (aka Keyra’s cut over being late). Or to so visibly show favoritism that CMT cannot even edit it out. I am aware that my opinion on keyra is unpopular. I just feel like her cut would’ve been more justified if we had seen or it was mentioned that she and Kelli had talked and things had not improved. Or she was a lackluster performer with low kicks. Jessika bombed her panel and got to stay another year. She wasn’t great last year with her solo either. Okay, okay. Let me go to bed now. I’m sorry for the rant, y’all.

• Love 20

Gawd! Is every ep gonna show VK every couple of seconds? And with each fawning comment over her and each belittling comment towards Dayton, I keep losing more respect for Kelli. A big shout-out to Scott for keeping it real, I was sorta shocked to see him again TBH?. Anyone else noticing Judy’s silence while all the accolades and tears r being thrown VKs way. She’s not saying much at all. Good for her. 

And Jessikas interview went horribly horrible, was willing her to say something, anything. She’s been around long enough to know how to do an interview. That’s a big part of what they do on the reg. 

Edited by Trixi
Spelling
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

That HD is not very friendly. I'm surprised she said Gina was being outdanced because I didn't see it. Victoria's slip wasn't a huge deal, it happens and she kept going which is what they'd expect. Keyra looks great, Selina doesn't. Maddie's kicks were awful but I really loved her solo. 

Yeah - falling out of turns just happens sometimes - to even the best turners.  It’s not a big deal - her turn technique was good (good releve, placement) outside of the fall - I’d rather have someone that has good placement and falls out of a turn every once in awhile or can only do 1 or 2 turns in a row than a person who can turn forever w/ awful technique...eh-hem...Madeline (although I did like her solo - that’s her best style by far).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

If Kerya was cut for being late, why not tell her before trying out? Waste of time for all involved. 

Yeah - if they were holding a mortal sin grudge over her being late to those two things (it was two total appearances, right? - out of how many total?), they should have told her before tryouts that what she did was unforgivable and that she wouldn’t make it back no matter what and not waste her and their time.   Just petty IMO to have her come back thinking everything was fine only to humiliate her like that.

All that said, I never thought she as a good fit for the team cause of her squatty gymnast body type, and she was acting really obnoxious in the finals line and waiting area before solos - so I’m not upset she was cut.   She clearly thought she was a shoe-in and a lot better of a dancer than she is. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Felt bad for Selina.  She seems sweet unlike Keyra who seems like a snot.

Dayton is a snooze alarm and seems so blah.  Ugh. VictorIa is the exact opposite.  Spunky and smiley 

liked the laker girls

happy happy for Brianna, Brennan, Maddie and Erin

Miss America SC seems extremely annoying and stepford wifish 

I feel the same about these two.  I really enjoy VK’s over the top personality - she seems like a lot of fun to be around even though I can see where she’d rub some people the wrong way.   She’s slightly obnoxious, but still comes across as genuine and just eager to have fun w/ life.   I just like her and would probably be her friend IRL  if I was of similar age.

Dayton just comes across as disinterested and boring to me - it could be her edit though.  Shelly is a better person than me cause if where I worked treated my daughter like this - on TV to boot - I’d be looking for a new job (or quitting althougher if I didn’t need the money).  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, sATL said:

Seeing the veterans re-try out makes me wonder: If I had to re-apply for my current position today, would I get it... hmmmm..

This is why I wish they would have a heart-to-heart conversion with the re-applicants-vets before the 1st round - shortly before they teach the new routine.  14 lbs gained and being late at a Christmas performance, should have been dealt with sooner - in a different setting.

Unpopular opinion, again. See, I actually didn’t think Selina looked bad at all. Did she gain weight? Yeah, but I think she’s so much more relatable than a lot of the others, and even with an extra 14 pounds looked fine!!  Sorry about the repetition as I’ve said this before, some meat on the bones looks so much better to me sometimes than stick thin. Also, I would LOVE to know how many of these girls ( vets or rookies) work true 40 hour a week jobs and don’t get any family help. I’m betting it’s not too many. 

19 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - if they were holding a mortal sin grudge over her being late to those two things (it was two total appearances, right? - out of how many total?), they should have told her before tryouts that what she did was unforgivable and that she wouldn’t make it back no matter what and not waste her and their time.   Just petty IMO to have her come back thinking everything was fine only to humiliate her like that.

All that said, I never thought she as a good fit for the team cause of her squatty gymnast body type, and she was acting really obnoxious in the finals line and waiting area before solos - so I’m not upset she was cut.   She clearly thought she was a shoe-in and a lot better of a dancer than she is. 

Because the show. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, PWBlackburn said:

They asked her if she thought football players or cheerleaders should use their positions to promote their personal causes (i.e. the anthem kneeling) and she wasn't even coherent and didn't really answer the question

3 hours ago, M1977G said:

I can't watch the episode in real time (I hate having to wait until the next day, but c'est la vie), but wow, that's a timely and hard question to answer properly for candidates. This sounds like it's not entirely unlike Caila's question about the border wall, except that I haven't heard that Jessika was posting about the subject on social media like Caila apparently had. Still, it's surprising that she wasn't prepared to address such a current and hot-button issue. Can't wait to hear and see how it went down. And this CIA-FBI business, too. I mean, what? I bet Yuko knows what at least one of those acronyms stands for.

I have an issue with controversial questions, where it seems like they expect you to take a stand, right there on the spot. It would have been better to ask - What an were some of the issues in recent NFL seasons where players (and I am not sure about the cheerleaders) have taken a stand, where it can be perceived as controversial.

The news anchor Brenda Teele needs to ease up some on her questions - is someone supposed to know all of the federal (or state) agency acronyms? There's just too many of them.  And I think now - mainly b/c of texting - people know the acronym more so that what the acronym stands for.

And the causes - I like the idea , but does the cause have to be a tear jerker? There are also plenty of causes that are for people who are not terminally/medically ill..

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pizzaislife said:

Agreed. It was so petty of them to purposely call her last

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Dayton just comes across as disinterested and boring to me - it could be her edit though.  Shelly is a better person than me cause if where I worked treated my daughter like this - on TV to boot - I’d be looking for a new job (or quitting althougher if I didn’t need the money).  

Dayton doesn't seem exactly disinterested to me, but she just seems very young.   And she looks very young and has a baby face.  I know VK is actually younger but she doesn't look as teen-like as Dayton IMO.  

The whole dynamic of Kelli and Charlotte et al judging the daughters of their close friends or colleagues just gives me nervous jitters and it doesn't even have anything to do with me.  It just seems like such an emotionally wrought scenario even if it wasn't also being shown on a TV show.   Yikes.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rubyslippahz said:

OK so was there ANYTHING Keyra could do to redeem herself at auditions?  If not they should have just released her or told her not to bother.  

It’s for the show. As much as I like watching the show, i HATE that they put some girls under totally unnecessary humilitation. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

They ask it because the Jones family has a very clear line here. The girls likely struggle with it because they at a bit more progressive.

True. To me it was timing in that the Jones (and other NFL teams) made their policy clearer after auditions - in late July 2018 ( link )

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

I've been a football fan for decades, and I would struggle to give a legitimate answer to "Why is the NFL important?"

Because, well... it isn't really. 

And that’s exactly what I would have said (and been cut) “but is it really? Is it important?”

okay so I wouldn’t get cut, I would’ve said it’s the value of kids seeing they can live out their dream, the value of people being able to enjoy an entertaining competition amidst everyday struggles, the value of the outreach the NFL has to make lives better for children. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, DFWBelle said:

"You will not make this team just because you're someone's daughter" Kelli to Dayton

I sincerely hope Kelli had the same exact conversation with Victoria. 

Just watched the ep on CMT.com. When did K say this to Dayton? I somehow  missed it

• Love 1

I saw a lot of cameos of Alexandra tonight - the dark-haired girl they featured a bit last season who was a teacher. I believe she was cut at finals last year. She definitely has the look and I remember enjoying her solo, but K&J were spot on when they said she lost power on the field and didn't project. They didn't put any emphasis on her presence at all this year, and with the amount of talent they had coming through I can see how she was lost in the shuffle. I feel for her; I think she came across as genuine and seemed to work very hard.

Edited by PollyHowell
Clarity
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, PollyHowell said:

I saw a lot of cameos of Alexandra tonight - the dark-haired girl they featured a bit last season who was a teacher. She definitely has the look and I remember enjoying her solo last year, but K&J were spot on when they said she lost power on the field and didn't project. They didn't put any emphasis on her presence at all this year, and with the amount of talent they had come through this year, I can see how she is lost in the shuffle. I feel for her; I think she came across as genuine and seemed to work very hard.

I noticed her too. And I agree. A lot of brunettes tried out this year and she seemed to blend.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

If Kerya was cut for being late, why not tell her before trying out? Waste of time for all involved. 

I wonder if Kelli suggested she not tryout again but Keyra's arrogance and ego couldn't take a hint

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

But....you noticed her ;) 

Because she looked familiar...and I don’t know who any of these girls are. If they’ve tried out before, I will usually recognize them. :0]

Edited by PBSLover
Just now, PBSLover said:

Because she looked familiar...and I don’t know who any of these girls are. If they’ve tried out before, I will usually recognize them. :0]

I was just teasing....that she was noticed even as a blender. 

• Love 2