Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Sam actually keeps her instagram private so I don't know. I assume she took dance classes as a kid, but even a basic google search came up with zero dance videos. Even Vicky has a few if you just google her name. I think it was bold of her to try out for her college team, but I have not seen a single indication that the DCC is in Sam's future. 

Here is a video of Sam.  Back row, left side, black shorts, white shoes.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Aggielife said:

I disagree. Sam quietly auditioned for the Texas A&M Pom squad this year (didn’t make it). I think if Dayton and Victoria don’t make DCC then she may lose interest though.

Sam a while ago on Instagram posted something peaking during her time as a junior dcc. Sorry if this is not allowed in this thread.  

6 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Here is a video of Sam.  Back row, left side, black shorts, white shoes.

Uhhhh...was she dancing to the same choreo or? Just from that clip she doesn't strike me as a natural dancer. I'm glad she's focusing on college. 

• Love 8
On 8/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Jessika, Jessika, Jessika...what was that? You were ON the squad with the Kaylssa drama...that was a loaded question and you took the bullet to the head.

I think Meredith is gorgeous and a great dancer, but her public speaking skills are bad. 

Wait can someone give me a tldr about kalyssa what happened with her??

This whole thing with some of the judges practically swooning over VK just seems so so so weird to me!  MAYBE I could understand Kelli crying over VK's solo because she's known and loved the girl her whole life.  If that's it, it makes sense.  I can't imagine a trained dancer who has been working with other trained dancers for the past 34 years would be moved to tears by VK's performance.  As my aunt would say, it wasn't all that and a bag of crackers. 

Brenda looked like she was heading into some kind of seizure after VK's solo.  All I can say about that is WTHeck???  VK had said the dance was something along the lines of the story of her wanting to become a DCC.  Did that imagery "make (her) heart grow three sizes that day"?  (thank you, Dr. Suess)  That was the weirdest thing I've seen on this show and there have been LOTS of weird things throughout the seasons.  Oh, and I love Marshall and his side eye.

I like that weatherman more and more.  During deliberations on Dayton, he said, "She could replace a veteran today."  But, of course, no one else had the nerve to praise "The Lesser Legacy".  Either that, or it just wasn't shown on the show.

Speaking of the weatherman, he also had the temerity to not go into paroxysms of praise over VK.  "She's just messy to me," he said. And something about being a "wild child". And I thought how it was really weird that Jay piped up with, "I liked that! Just let her out of the gate and she's gone!"  Yes, because the DCC is all about allowing a dancer to just do her own thing.

Has anyone ever noticed that certain DCCs have their own song that CMT inserts whenever the camera cuts to them dancing?  Like with Kalyssa, every time she was shown they played “Wild Ones”  (I guess to emphasize how “dirty….but in a good way” she was)?  And when they show Gina they play that Hailee Steinfeld song, “Love Myself”.  I guess to convey to the audience that they think she comes off as full of herself?  I wonder if the CMT people realize that that’s a song about masturbation?

8 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Oh, for sure. I'm just questioning WHY we are getting this insanely over the top "hero" edit for VK. It's been suggested that the producers and DCC leadership thought the audience would go nuts for this story arc of a legacy trying to follow her in mother's footsteps. Alternatively, you could argue they are pushing it so hard to overcompensate for VK's weaknesses as a candidate. I don't know. It just seems so glaring.

I believe Kelli is the Executive Producer of the show.  I don't know anything about the tv world, but maybe that gives her the authority to turn this season into "The Victoria Show" if she wants to?

4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Cersten was maybe the best overall dancer they had last year - yes, better than Erica, Jenna, etc. - but she is VERY self centered and lies about so much. She called herself a nurse, but never was one, called herself a doctor as soon as she got accepted in to med school, spun the story of her taking years off to be a DCC and then getting her first choice for med school. Truth is she had bad MCAT scores and had to take time to get them up and then got her first choice bc she only applied to a D.O. school in Mexico. She's been called out falsifying her job title, and she just gave the shrug emoji and still called herself a nurse. I would not trust her as far as I could throw her. 

If that D.O school in Mexico (can't remember the name) was her first choice, then it must've been the only place she applied.  It's like the University of Phoenix of med schools.

The comments I read about Kelli acting like a Mean Girl by calling KaShara's name made me think of the movie.  I've decided that, at least in my head, I will now be referring to VK as "Fetch".

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, nmr.9 said:

Wait can someone give me a tldr about kalyssa what happened with her??

tldr After football season, but before the season ended in May, she was released for missing too many appearance. We also heard it as she quit, but seemingly overnight, her instagram transformed to a thirsty semi-nude instagram model vibe. She never completed her contract so she never got her pinky ring. The end. 

• Love 3

I am rewatching this episode. A few observations:

I stopped and rewound a few times. Keyra was not the only vet who kicked outside the stadium. Someone next to her did it too. Can’t tell who it was. 

VK’s solo outfit did her no favors. Looked like lingerie meant to hide her mid section. 

For a minute I thought Nick would get up and dance with Maddie. 

JennK’s body language bothered me somewhat. She was talking to the vets with her arms crossed. Maybe that was because of the baby. At any rate, she should have said there are 10 candidates that Kelli could put in the uniform right now.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

tldr After football season, but before the season ended in May, she was released for missing too many appearance. We also heard it as she quit, but seemingly overnight, her instagram transformed to a thirsty semi-nude instagram model vibe. She never completed her contract so she never got her pinky ring. The end. 

yeah, around March-ish she started posting semi-nude 'modelling' shots and had some seriously unfortunate lip fillers that have completely changed her face but she is/was an ambassador for the company that did it for a while (maybe still is). i know it's ludicrous to say, but I liked her as a rookie and I'm actually kinda disappointed in her. she is/was a pretty girl, she had a lot of power on the field, and chosing to pose mostly nude (and a couple of fully nude but with angle trickery keeping things out of sight) online in a desperate attempt to get SI''s attention is kinda...idk, sad. again, ludicrous to say as I don't know her, and she's just liiving her life and I hope she's happy, but seeing how her insta changed pretty much overnight, I ended up unfollowing because she just didn't have the same vibe

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Has anyone ever noticed that certain DCCs have their own song that CMT inserts whenever the camera cuts to them dancing?  Like with Kalyssa, every time she was shown they played “Wild Ones”  (I guess to emphasize how “dirty….but in a good way” she was)?  And when they show Gina they play that Hailee Steinfeld song, “Love Myself”.  I guess to convey to the audience that they think she comes off as full of herself?  I wonder if the CMT people realize that that’s a song about masturbation?

I hadn't noticed this, but if they are doing this then they should totally play the imperial march whenever Charlotte is on screen 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

I am rewatching this episode. A few observations:

I stopped and rewound a few times. Keyra was not the only vet who kicked outside the stadium. Someone next to her did it too. Can’t tell who it was. 

VK’s solo outfit did her no favors. Looked like lingerie meant to hide her mid section. 

For a minute I thought Nick would get up and dance with Maddie. 

JennK’s body language bothered me somewhat. She was talking to the vets with her arms crossed. Maybe that was because of the baby. At any rate, she should have said there are 10 candidates that Kelli could put in the uniform right now.

Yeah I missed the kicks the first time around so when people were talking about it, I went back o rewatch and you see a foot to Keyra's left kick up but you can't ssee who it is, but with editing and angles, it ensures the narrative of 'cocky Keyra' (or Kocky Keyra if you fancy) can be sold as it being her winding up the rookie candidates.

I thought VK's outfit was not a great choice. i know it was lyrical and therefore wanted a floaty, soft feminine ensemble, but that free section over the midriff just made it look like shse was trying to keep it covered.

eh, i still don't judge Jenn for her wording - we have no idea if she's told to say that, and I guess I just don't interpret it like others do. I don't read it as being authoratative, that she believes she has the power to do it, simply that there are 10 girls that are chomping at the heels of the vets. judges have said much the same and at the end of the day, we all know it's K&C's call so none of them really have the power to do it, judge or no, and you know Jenn would be reporting back to K&C who looked good, who picked it up quickly, etc.

• Love 4

I think I would have less of an issue with Jenn’s speech if I were the type who found that sort of thing moving or inspiring, but I don’t. I find it annoying. I’ve always internally rolled my eyes at that sort of speech. It’s what, 2 days before tryouts? If the vets dont have their crap together by then, it’s probably not happening, Jenn speech or not. Likewise, the ones who have it together probably aren’t going to slack off anyway. They know full well that 2 to 3 vets get cut at finals each year. Everyone knows that.  However, I know that there are people who are helped by that sort of speech/pep talk, so whatever. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

The most concise, accurate description ever. This should be pinned somewhere,  and you should do ones for Alexandria and Milan too, lol.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Cersten was maybe the best overall dancer they had last year - yes, better than Erica, Jenna, etc. - but she is VERY self centered and lies about so much. She called herself a nurse, but never was one, called herself a doctor as soon as she got accepted in to med school, spun the story of her taking years off to be a DCC and then getting her first choice for med school. Truth is she had bad MCAT scores and had to take time to get them up and then got her first choice bc she only applied to a D.O. school in Mexico. She's been called out falsifying her job title, and she just gave the shrug emoji and still called herself a nurse. I would not trust her as far as I could throw her. 

Keyra might be mouthy but she is never a liar. 

Cersten's office visit with K and J-- I LOL'd when she announced her med school was in GUADALAJARA.   Sorry not sorry but I did!

If I was her I would take time off and take a run at that MCAT again. 

On her insta and in some  article by Kristi Scales she says she chose this particular medical school to become 'a more cultured physician'.   That's some determined spin!

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

100% and she still doesn't accept or say she understands why she was cut, so they could tell her GO HOME KEYRA and she still wouldn't get it 

Or she got reprimanded the two times she was late and never since, and she really didn’t have any clue at all why she was cut at the time of that footage.  I mean, Christmas was 8 months ago, and the Star opening even longer ago.   So she was supposed to have an 8 month old incident fresh in her mind and instantly get that it is why she was cut? 

I don’t get why so many on here are assuming she was told not the come back. I really doubt that. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

She could have just been in her own head and thinking, nervous, whatever emotions she was experiencing and not thinking about the cameras.

That's true. I know I've had a lot of people say I'm giving them "dirty looks" when I'm really not meaning to. Lol it usually happens when they start talking to me while I'm looking away, then I look in their direction. I know I can have RBF and I'm in my own mind a lot, so it's my thing. I'm not thinking bad things about them. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Or she got reprimanded the two times she was late and never since, and she really didn’t have any clue at all why she was cut at the time of that footage.  I mean, Christmas was 8 months ago, and the Star opening even longer ago.   So she was supposed to have an 8 month old incident fresh in her mind and instantly get that it is why she was cut? 

Yes. Being on time is a BIG DEAL job requirement for DCC. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

I think she must've been getting a lot of flack on SM from people regarding the tardiness. She's right. Being late a few times doesn't mean your unprofessional. Stuff happens and no one is perfect. I'm a stickler for being punctual and am generally 15-30 minutes earlier than I need to be, but there have been times when I've been late due to things out of my control despite making sure I had a buffer. 

From a person who spent their whole life on stage, a late performer is the worst. It totally screws up the warm ups, the practices, the getting ready time. She was late to an event not just practice and that is a no no for any type of performer. It affects everyone else in the show.

• Love 11

From a person who spent their whole life on stage, a late performer is the worst. It totally screws up the warm ups, the practices, the getting ready time. She was late to an event not just practice and that is a no no for any type of performer. It affects everyone else in the show.

I described myself as a low level dance mom because my daughter went to a comp school - but because of funds - did not always compete.  She did the musicals at school and the director told the cast on day one: "arriving early is on time, on time is late, and late is fired." That has always stuck with her.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

That's true. I know I've had a lot of people say I'm giving them "dirty looks" when I'm really not meaning to. Lol it usually happens when they start talking to me while I'm looking away, then I look in their direction. I know I can have RBF and I'm in my own mind a lot, so it's my thing. I'm not thinking bad things about them. 

Story of my life.  You're at work thinking about what just happened, what am I supposed to do next, did I do this, did I relay this info to an employee, just thinking a million things, and suddenly you're supposedly shooting dirty looks:/

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Someone get that girl a shovel...the grave she is digging is way further than the stand 6 feet. 

Couldn't agree more!  Never been a fan of her!

3 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

She really is obnoxious. That snarky little smile she gives at the end. You just want to smack her. Take your cut with grace and STFU. Her arrogant defensiveness is not a good look.

She then posted this as well.  Sorry Keyra, but being a DCC is all about conforming to their rules and acting the way they want you to act. So acting like you're above that is what got you cut.

Screenshot_20180817-201715.jpg

Agree! Agree! Agree!

• Love 4

Sorry I'm late to the party AGAIN, but had to comment on one thing.  Kelly should ABSOLUTELY have recused herself from having anything to do with Victoria during deliberations and judging, if only because she knew the girl for years.  She should also have done the same thing with Dayton.  I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason that Kelli DIDN'T recuse herself with Victoria was because she knew that, if she did, Victoria WOULDN'T have made Training Camp and probably wouldn't have made Finals, yet Dayton likely would. 

• Love 3

How Jessika made it back without being able to answer one question in panels baffles me. Kelli is always going on about how vets should be able to talk about anything. 

Victoria falling out of her turns should have been a red flag. When little Heather kicked the wrong way during the kick line she got cut and I can’t remember if it was Hannah or  Veronica who fell out of her turns in camp, it was a huge deal. I did like Victoria’s Energie though.

dayton really seems to be held to a higher standard and I don’t get it. She obviously wants it, otherwise she wouldn’t have put herself out there again and she is a good dancer, maybe a little more of a soft dancer, but so are other girls. 

Rachel seemed weird, kind of really shy and she kind of reminded me of the girl who was almost cut and then withdrew for her anatomy class a few years ago.. Meghan or something? 

I didn’t care for Meredith, to me she came across as someone who wants the fame of being a DCC. She seemed to rely on her sexiness a lot. And if Lea Jo a few years ago was considered too sexy, what’s Meredith? 

I love them showing the names of the girls on the field, that’s a great addition!

i felt bad for Selina, not so much for Keyra, I’m sure she’s a sweet girl, I just wasn’t rooting for her.

• Love 7

Since we've only seen a snippet of a preview scene, is it possible that Kelli is speaking to BOTH VK and Dayton, but the camera is only showing Dayton?

I think we are putting the cart before the wagon here.  She might have called them both into the office to tell them that they can't depend on being a legacy to get them on the team.

Just a thought.

• Love 14

Ok finally watched the episode!

I will never understand Jessika being on the team. She’s a blender, they’ve butchered her hair color, she’s not exactly the best at interviews/appearances so...what is it exactly that she’s bringing on the team?

I love that they didn’t cut Keyra when she committed these sins, as it was during the season and they didn’t want to make new formatios etc. kalyssa made the same mistake during off season and she was cut. Cutting a girl a year after making a huge (by dcc standards) mistake is unfair and they clearly wanted the storyline. If Kelli was half a descent manager, she would have told her to retire.

Gina didn’t get a bad edit last year. She did say on her own accord that “girls are jealous of her” and that she was the best. She chose to say those things on camera. If at that age you need to be told that you have to be nice to people, then no you’re not genuinely nice. Aand I still can’t stand her rbf, which is a shame because at the end of the day she really is a strong dancer.

I’m excited for almost all new rookies. Except VK and her fan club. Some days I do feel bad for hating on an 18 y.o but Kelli’s behavior isn’t helping. Her treatment of Dayton in comparison is awful. She may not be the kind of girl Kelli adores (aka thinking that dcc is the best thing evah and her only goal in life like VK for example), but she’s mature and composed, 2 qualities that VK is lacking. Neither should have made TC imo.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:00 AM, DFWBelle said:

"You will not make this team just because you're someone's daughter" Kelli to Dayton

I sincerely hope Kelli had the same exact conversation with Victoria. 

That was bold considering that Cassie made the team for being Judy’s daughter. You can argue that she earned her spot as a vet, but she was terrible during auditions and her first TC. If they want us to forget this, then they should stop acting like Dayton is the most entitled legacy they’ve ever encountered.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:34 AM, JohnGalt said:

??

For the record, I’m not supporting it. I was angry when I heard.

Ok that sh*t right there is why they’re losing so many good vets and are stuck with the Jessikas out there. Kashara was just as “fat” for her whole dcc tenure and she managed to step up before she was ready for such a role. Like her or not, she’s definitely an entertaining performer who was forced into leadership and the spotlight but delivered. Last year was absolutely their fault. If they hadn’t done the same thing to Melissa, she wouldn’t have retired, she would have been made point and they would have avoided the whole Jenna/Holly scandal.

15 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Me three.  I think Maddie is a sweet girl, and she's a great dancer, but I've always found something about her...lacking. i think part of it is is what, to me, feels like forced sexiness because she looks aobut 16 to me, and so seeing her dancing in a 'sexy' manner, just looks weird (and sometimes even borderline uncomfortable) to me, and unlike some of the dancers that really can pull off any style, while they constantly seem to go to Maddie for hip hop, I just think she looks ridiculous, like she's trying too hard, like the effort is obvious. but thats just my opinion.  I think she''s a pretty girl, and a ggreat dancer, but for some reason I've never been on board the Maddie train

Thank god I’m not alone. I admire her for coming back and killing it, love the makeover and the fact that she went from scared timid girl to completely confident/obviously having fun. But she doesn’t look like a dcc and despite her energy, she doesn’t have solid technique. Quite frankly, while she would have made some of the previous teams too, there’s just no way she would ever be front and center or a leader or even SG at a time when squads were full of barbies with amazing skills.

14 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

But Judy is a) her mother not simply women in her orbit and b) cried when she made TC, a decision she wasn't a part of (officially) not simply because of a dance routine, that what we saw of was no better or worse than anyone elses.  Half of the panel bursting into tears over the passion and how heartfelt it was was just ridiculous

Plus, completely unprofessional. That doesn’t make the other girls who have to watch grown up women crying over a mediocre (at best) performance. They all knew they were up against blatant nepotism and that’s demoralizing.

9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok, we need a current DCC thread - Lauren is engaged.

I’m happy for her! But whenever a dcc gets engaged I worry that they will retire and we have quite a few engaged dccs this year...

• Love 4
On 8/16/2018 at 9:37 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Same as last year, I don’t understand questions that almost lead the girls into the fire. There’s no right way to answer that without ending up being hated by the opposing side. I wish they would cut this out. It has no relevance to their position. I highly doubt they’d be in an interview situation and be asked “what do you think about kneeling for the anthem” and it get by Kelly. 

Haven’t read through the thread yet...so it’s probably already answered but I’m pretty sure the right answer to this question is that personal agendas have no place when you’re in uniform and on the clock - and even if you’re not in uniform, depending on the contract language you may still be on the clock figuratively on your own time because you still represent the Cowboys, and so doing anything that could potentially hurt the organization would be a no no.  Pro athletes have it pretty rough in that regard.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Since we've only seen a snippet of a preview scene, is it possible that Kelli is speaking to BOTH VK and Dayton, but the camera is only showing Dayton?

I think we are putting the cart before the wagon here.  She might have called them both into the office to tell them that they can't depend on being a legacy to get them on the team.

Just a thought.

I was rewatching the scene and thinking hard about how Kelli could possibly say something so pointed and harsh to a girl she's known and loved her whole life - even if she didn't see Dayton as a DCC, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the way she was speaking to her.  It just seems out of character to me.

I think the interpretation of a group talk could be likely, but what I have settled on (and am hoping for), is that perhaps Dayton was having difficulty with her confidence, or second-guessing her own abilities, and Kelli pulled her in to talk to her, and we only got the first part of a sentence that began with "you won't make this team because of who your mother is," but ended with "you'll make this team because you earned it on your own."

That would make me feel much happier, and far less inclined to either sharpen my pitchfork or hop on a Segway and storm the offices of the Star.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Someone get that girl a shovel...the grave she is digging is way further than the stand 6 feet. 

That quote very likely has nothing to do with DCC.

7 hours ago, PBSLover said:

She could have just been in her own head and thinking, nervous, whatever emotions she was experiencing and not thinking about the cameras.

Exactly. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Jennv said:

Goodness, Keyra posted and insta story with her cut scene, then another insta story ranting about how being late doesn't mean you are unprofessional. I think she should just stop talking, 

I think she really needs to take a deep breath and calm down before she posts any more responses like that because a normal person/prospective employer might watch the episode and think, "Well, she was late twice over the course of several months so that's understandable," but watching her very heated IG story is what made her look worse than being late twice. Not only does she clearly have an attitude about it in that video, but she said that being late doesn't mean that you aren't punctual. Actually, that's EXACTLY it means.

9 hours ago, PBSLover said:

- There are so many commercials we are seeing less and less show. I remember in Season 2, they did the entire sky diving outing without a commercial (I think I am right about this but need to go back and look). My point is, we used to get more show. Now everything is rushed. Or maybe it is just bad editing. Even the Kitty portion was rushed. Not showing the routine, just straight to solos.

Most hourlong shows are around 42 minutes without commercials. I remember DCC: MTT being shorter than that in previous seasons (usually around 38-40 minutes although there are some that are even shorter than that). So far, this season's episodes (including this one) have been around 40 minutes long.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

I described myself as a low level dance mom because my daughter went to a comp school - but because of funds - did not always compete.  She did the musicals at school and the director told the cast on day one: "arriving early is on time, on time is late, and late is fired." That has always stuck with her.

Yep.  I recall in past seasons Kelli defined "on time" as 1/2 hour early.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:
11 hours ago, Jennv said:

Goodness, Keyra posted and insta story with her cut scene, then another insta story ranting about how being late doesn't mean you are unprofessional. I think she should just stop talking, 

I think she must've been getting a lot of flack on SM from people regarding the tardiness. She's right. Being late a few times doesn't mean your unprofessional. Stuff happens and no one is perfect. I'm a stickler for being punctual and am generally 15-30 minutes earlier than I need to be, but there have been times when I've been late due to things out of my control despite making sure I had a buffer. 

See I think it’s this reaction that helped her off the team.  I think we all know that stuff happens, no one is perfect and that sometimes tardiness is unavoidable.  But I get the feeling that when she was talked to about being late, she probably had a very nonchalant attitude about it, or said something “smart” about it (whether she thought she was being “smart” or not).  It’s the constant back and forth.  And then she was late again (at least once more) and probably had the same attitude regarding it (or the traffic was BAD or I was only 2 minutes late).  But Kelli does not want to hear that, especially when 35 other girls get there on time all the time.   So she does not understand that punctionality is SUPER important to the DCC.

And yes Keyra, being late does mean you are not punctual, just so you know.  I used to be that one who was always late so I know all the excuses you use.  But now I cannot stand to be late and make sure that I do all in my power to be somewhere on time.

And I like Keyra but she is not doing herself any favors at the moment.  Not like it’s the end of the world but she is starting to sound bitter.  Just take it as a lesson and move on.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t get why so many on here are assuming she was told not the come back. I really doubt that. 

I have a really hard time assuming the worse about these ladies from just seeing a few snippets of them alone on a tv show/social media. The only DCC that gets a side-eye from me is Cersten because of her casual use of professional designations seemingly anytime she feels like it.

I don’t get this assumption that Keyra was so arrogant that she ignored K&J and tried out anyway. If the punctuality was truly the deal breaker they would not have let her try out. Period.

Shes sassy in her SM posts but I imagine it’s annoying rehashing getting cut. She probably was over it and then got a wave of comments and criticism from show watchers. That would stir up negative emotions from anyone and it probably sucks. And yeah, the solution to that is making her SM private and whatnot but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t have the right to react. 

• Love 11

Kerya just couldn't conform to the Yes ma'am girl the team management wants. 

And if being late is a fireable offense, then she should have been released when the second offense happened and not strung along. 

And I'm good with firing someone for being late, I'm prior AF so I get the military punctual time, but not cool to keep her if you had no intention of taking her back. 

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Aggielife said:

I disagree. Sam quietly auditioned for the Texas A&M Pom squad this year (didn’t make it). I think if Dayton and Victoria don’t make DCC then she may lose interest though.

That’s the team Breelan ended up dancing on after she was cut, right? I always liked her, and wish she had done college first then DCC. Talented and beautiful, just needed some seasoning! I think some of these gals try out right out of high school for the experience and then shock themselves by making it to camp. KD her first time for sure, but I imagine it happens almost every year. 

10 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

First solo not being a vet was just editing. Lacey actually kicked off solos and Kashara closed them.

I figured they would be first and last, tho Maddie always does an upbeat number. Lyrical is so lovely but can be snoozy or overly emotional (see VK.) Seems like all of the fun, power dancers are just missing ?‍♀️ And poor Kash. She’s had some solid abs and been very fit (two years ago calendar, maybe?) but I just don’t think that’s her normal. I feel like they stole her sparkle this episode. 

3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Keyra strikes me as the type of person who probably has a really difficult time admitting they’re at fault. Super defensive.

Exactly. If Keyra was cut for the second time she was late to an appearance, a few people on here would have been crying racism. She supposedly is not told not to try out again, and she gets cut. Kelli and Judy are raked over coals for letting her try out again and letting the viewers and fans know Keyra was not professional and not being a good example for future rookies because she was late twice. Kelli and Judy may have said enough is enough with Keyra and wanted to cut their losses with her when she was late the second time, but Charlotte may have said no we need to keep her because of all the drama with Jenna, Holly, and Erica and Alexandria leaving the squad right away. Did Keyra not understand if she tries out the truth about her being late to two appearances would come out. She brought this on herself. Stop using Kelli and Judy as the scrape goat for your mistakes. Unless they went to her home and made her late twice, made her act a certain way which would pissed off Kelli and some of the other girls on the squad, and made her hang out with at least two girls who caused their own version of drama, then sorry she has no one else to blame but herself.

Edited by bigskygirl
12 hours ago, Jennv said:

I hadn't noticed this, but if they are doing this then they should totally play the imperial march whenever Charlotte is on screen 

I liked this, but I had to quote you too because that is the best thing ever!  We're baseball people in the Opine household, and we really get a kick out of the songs the organist picks to play when a player walks up.  It's so fun to try to get the connection!

• Love 3
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that a lot of people fell out of turns, but notice the most film time was on VK?    My bet is that the film crew, and editors are sick of VK, and showed every flaw.     A rule on reality TV is don't irritate the TV people, or you'll be sorry.   

Keyra's taunting of the rookies was just over the top, and mean.     

I just don't see the VK appeal. She is overly tan and wears too much makeup. Get's that from her mom. She is puffy in the face and definitely soft. I agree with a previous poster that her look is most definitely dated. 

23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Keyra's taunting of the rookies was just over the top, and mean.     

I have stated before that I am not a fan. She is a great dancer, but she has a very untouchable entitled attitude. Almost like she thinks she is better than everyone else. I don't see that with the other LSU girls. At least not at that level. Her exit interview proves this, where Selina's was gracious and made me respect her so much more. 

• Love 11

trying to make a playlist for exercise purposes.. I really like most of the songs in this episode.. what is the name/artist of the song that playing when Malena  was dancing.. VT fell out of the turn ... ? They were on the field doing the choreography.. It was before "I love me"...

Edited by sATL
11 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Awww shit, receipts!!!

I might be in the minority, but I don't see this as a girl that honestly thinks about trying out for the DCC, I see it as the super diplomatic 'my mom works for them' answer of 'its a great organisation, it'd be such an honor' blah blah but not actually meaning she'll ever try out. how else is she supposed to answer when its her mom's whole life? she's toeing the party line of how great it is to work in the orbit of the Cowboys

10 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Just a thought.

previews on any show, reality or not, are never ever what they appear. they're super edited and cut to suggest draama and half the time the audio and video that are matched up together in a preview aren't actually from the same scene at all, it'll be audio from one scene and video from another. it's all a con job to gain interest. and without context fro any of it, its always always unwise to believe anything shown in a preview

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, homelife said:

I wonder if this will be Lauren's last season?

Also didn't realize her and Kelsey were THAT close, that Lauren is her MOH..? We often don't see the whole picture via MTT or via social media but these girls toss around the word "best friend" each season like it's nothing.

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 12.08.54 PM.png

I like the both of them and they seem quite similiar in personality, so I'm not surprised they're close. I really like the both of them, really rooted for them their respective TCC years. I wouldn't be overly surprised if this was Lauren's last season, simply becausse I believe her family and fiancee still live in another state, don't they? I think MIchigan? and depending on how soon she's thinking of the wedding she might want to move home to be together (*cough alexandria cough*) but maybe David has moved?  sometimes it amazes me how quickly some people get engaged, like she and Kelsey were with their respective men just over a year and they're engaged, but I guess if you know, you know.

29 minutes ago, sATL said:

trying to make a playlist for exercise purposes.. I really like most of the songs in this episode.. what is the name/artist of the song that playing when Malena  was dancing.. VT fell out of the turn ... ? They were on the field doing the choreography.. It was before "I love me"...

you could try shazaming the songs or if they have lyrics, just grab the ones you can hear and google them. I have a dcc playlist I've had to build up that way whe I've not recognised the songs!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I like the both of them and they seem quite similiar in personality, so I'm not surprised they're close. I really like the both of them, really rooted for them their respective TCC years. I wouldn't be overly surprised if this was Lauren's last season, simply becausse I believe her family and fiancee still live in another state, don't they? I think MIchigan? and depending on how soon she's thinking of the wedding she might want to move home to be together (*cough alexandria cough*) but maybe David has moved?  sometimes it amazes me how quickly some people get engaged, like she and Kelsey were with their respective men just over a year and they're engaged, but I guess if you know, you know.

you could try shazaming the songs or if they have lyrics, just grab the ones you can hear and google them. I have a dcc playlist I've had to build up that way whe I've not recognised the songs!

for that song , they just played the instrumental intro.. but for the life of me the words are not coming to me enough to google. I got the rest of the ones I wanted - just missing that one.