Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

I watched the episode again and Keyra does come off badly.... it seems like she definitely rolled her eyes at Gina. I’d love to know if it was truly her or what’s behind the eye roll. Keyra got what she deserved... definitely not an unfair cut. 

• Love 7

For shows, my daughter's former teachers would always recommend Bloch flesh colored jazz shoes over Capezio.  Having grown up myself dancing with Capezio shoes, I always wondered why.  The explanation was the Capezio shoes were an "off" color and the Bloch a better match to "light suntan" tights. This being said - do they give have a sponsorship with a certain company for tights? Half of them wear these too dark tights that totally spoil the lines of their dancing! Sorry nitpicking rant!

• Love 5

I also was struck by seeing all the vets crying and hugging Selina, who handled her cut with such grace and was shown smiling and hugging other audiontees who didn't make TC right after the announcement ended, versus the scene of Keyra just walking out and then her scene of "of course, I'd want an explanation." Of course, editing comes into play, and I'm sure she got some love from her former team mates, too, but based on her immediate post-announcement reactions, she did not define grace under pressure or in the face of adversity. She is such a great dancer and I pulled for her all last season, that it makes me sad that I no longer see her in the same light.

@chabelisaywow, apparently, Hooters is the recommended place to get dance tights that better match actual skin tones, although, tbh, I have no idea if they have a range of shades for women of color. I recall Nicole Bulcher talking about how she learned to get her tights there after getting teased for wearing way too dark tights at her rookie audition.

I really wish we could see more of dancing and deliberations at finals! Others of course may feel differently, but I wouldn't mind two episodes of finals (but then maybe squish prelims and semis into one episode). That way we could see more of rookies and vets prepping for finals--more Kitty with the rookies, seeing vets work on their solos with each other (or even former DCC like Ashton who'd done their choreography), getting beautified, etc., maybe ladies taking the written test, more of vets talking with Kelli and Judy in the office and their evals of the previous year, and/or interviews in the first episode/hour and then time for more solos, on the field performances, and deliberations in the second episode/hour. Then I'd feel like I had more of a sense of how strong vets were/weren't at auditions and know more about who's who and the skill/performance qualities of the rookie candidates.

Excited that we get to see some of the calendar trip in the next episode and I can't wait to see the rookies on their first night of training camp!

1 minute ago, Jennv said:

Goodness, Keyra posted and insta story with her cut scene, then another insta story ranting about how being late doesn't mean you are unprofessional. I think she should just stop talking, 

Just now, after this episode aired, you mean? SM rants about your former employer aren't exactly professional, either...

Edited by M1977G
Grammar
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I also was struck by seeing all the vets crying and hugging Selina, who handled her cut with such grace and was shown smiling and hugging other audiontees who didn't make TC right after the announcement ended, versus the scene of Keyra just walking out and then her scene of "of course, I'd want an explanation." Of course, editing comes into play, and I'm sure she got some love from her former team mates, too, but based on her immediate post-announcement reactions, she did not define grace under pressure or in the face of adversity. She is such a great dancer and I pulled for her all last season, that it makes me sad that I no longer see her in the same light.

@chabelisaywow, apparently, Hooters is the recommended place to get dance tights that better match actual skin tones, although, tbh, I have no idea if they have a range of shades for women of color. I recall Nicole Bulcher talking about how she learned to get her tights there after getting teased for wearing way too dark tights at her rookie audition.

I really wish we could see more of dancing and deliberations at finals! Others of course may feel differently, but I wouldn't mind two episodes of finals (but then maybe squish prelims and semis into one episode). That way we could see more of rookies and vets prepping for finals--more Kitty with the rookies, seeing vets work on their solos with each other (or even former DCC like Ashton who'd done their choreography), getting beautified, etc., maybe ladies taking the written test, more of vets talking with Kelli and Judy in the office and their evals of the previous year, and/or interviews in the first episode/hour and then time for more solos, on the field performances, and deliberations in the second episode/hour. Then I'd feel like I had more of a sense of how strong vets were/weren't at auditions and know more about who's who and the skill/performance qualities of the rookie candidates.

Excited that we get to see some of the calendar trip in the next episode and I can't wait to see the rookies on their first night of training camp!

Just now, after this episode aired, you mean? SM rants about your former employer aren't exactly professional, either...

Agree. Keyra stop. Be graceful.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Goodness, Keyra posted and insta story with her cut scene, then another insta story ranting about how being late doesn't mean you are unprofessional. I think she should just stop talking, 

I think she must've been getting a lot of flack on SM from people regarding the tardiness. She's right. Being late a few times doesn't mean your unprofessional. Stuff happens and no one is perfect. I'm a stickler for being punctual and am generally 15-30 minutes earlier than I need to be, but there have been times when I've been late due to things out of my control despite making sure I had a buffer. 

• Love 11

I just watched the news piece posted upthread that Brenda the judge did on auditions and training camp, and it was fascinating how much footage of Erica they used! She probably was the most heavily featured cheerleader in the game day footage. It's like, why? Surely Brenda knows the scoop and that the woman actively is suing the Cowboys.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BonnieBlue said:

I'd like to know what it was that caused Keyra to roll her eyes.  Although they made it look like she did it when Gina's name was called, that could have occurred at any time.

OK based on this years talent and unprofessional tardiness, Keyras cut was justified in my book.

HOWEVER, I don't know about the eye rolling. I personally think that was a bad edit. Eye rolling could have been as shown, or she could have just been 'thinking with her eyes' like I myself have been guilty of many times. Not being rude, more like subconsciously looking up when I'm trying to run something through my head like my own choregraphy or task list for the day. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

I've noticed on this thread that people are lumping Cersten into the same group of "annoying, self-centered people" as Erica, Jenna, Keyra.  I never got this impression from Cersten, at least not on the show.  Can someone explain why she falls into this category?

4 hours ago, VintageJ said:

With all of the transgressions from last year with Holly, Jenna and Erica, add in Alexandria, Kalyssa and Milan leaving, they probably felt they could not afford, at the time, to let Keyra go.  I think if there wasn’t so much upheaval last year, Keyra may have been cut, especially the second time.

Kelli said Keyra's first infraction was being late at the Star opening. Was that just after the team was announced? I guess I thought the Star was opened with just vets  or the current show-group performing. I remember how small the stage and the aisle was. Either way - I think it was early enough to cut her and re-group with a smaller number. Find a newly retired alternate to fill in if need be. Its cruel to string someone along just because you need a warm body in a formation. 

Other than Cersten and Keyra being BFF from LSU ( and I think earlier days) - I too am missing how Cersten got lumped into the self-centered group. Just because she said from day 1 she wanted to go to med school, doesn't mean she mistreated people along the way. Of course she had her eyes on a future goal - which is different that what all we are hearing now " its my dream to be a DCC"... well there is life after DCC, sad to say...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Cersten was maybe the best overall dancer they had last year - yes, better than Erica, Jenna, etc. - but she is VERY self centered and lies about so much. She called herself a nurse, but never was one, called herself a doctor as soon as she got accepted in to med school, spun the story of her taking years off to be a DCC and then getting her first choice for med school. Truth is she had bad MCAT scores and had to take time to get them up and then got her first choice bc she only applied to a D.O. school in Mexico. She's been called out falsifying her job title, and she just gave the shrug emoji and still called herself a nurse. I would not trust her as far as I could throw her. 

Keyra might be mouthy but she is never a liar. 

Cersten always gave me a vibe like described above - like someone who embellishes things to make themselves seem more accomplished and/or important - and I really wasn’t that impressed w/ her dancing from that one full solo I saw of hers - think it was last year’s auditions - just very trick and showmanship heavy, and not the best technique.   And forgive me if I’m out of line and talking out my butt, but isn’t it a lot easier for US college grads to get into non-US-based medical schools?  At least that’s what I’ve heard from some people...

Plus her hair always seemed like soccer mom hair.  Just not a DCC style.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

When does cmt put up the episode from last night? Just checked the site and it's not there. DH is on vacation  this week and hogging the only TV in the house.

Same. I went to rewatch because I missed the eye roll of the century & now I can’t get it to load ??

Is self-centered just like the new buzzword for anyone who has broken some DCC rules? I see Keyra as being extra, sassy to cocky, somewhat obnoxious based off of the edit in this last episode, but self-centered? Not quite sure I see where she’s selfish or thinks that the world revolves her.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

It’s no longer a spoiler that Keyra was cut, so it can be posted here, but Keyra has a video up from a couple of weeks ago on ig celebrating the black girls on the team. In the comments, someone stated that they can’t wait for there to be eight to ten black girls on the team. Keyra responded, “we may be a waiting for a LONG time lol.” One, I love the shade, but two, I thought it was interesting in light of the discussions about the lack of diversity of the team on the forums. Clearly, it’s noticed among those on the team.

When Jenna/Jacie/Jasmine were rookies, I think 6 or 7 bg/biracial girls were on the team. That’s the most that I can remember. That rookie class was actually quite diverse.

Lol I don't think she was being shady, I think it was just her being honest because we can all agree that we would be waiting a long time to see that.

16 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

OK based on this years talent and unprofessional tardiness, Keyras cut was justified in my book.

HOWEVER, I don't know about the eye rolling. I personally think that was a bad edit. Eye rolling could have been as shown, or she could have just been 'thinking with her eyes' like I myself have been guilty of many times. Not being rude, more like subconsciously looking up when I'm trying to run something through my head like my own choregraphy or task list for the day. 

I agree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there will certainly be people who maintain on here that she, in fact, did.

• Love 3

Did Neal say anything during deliberations? His comments normally border on sexy-nasty. All I remember him asking if anyone had a criminal record/been to jail during the interview....when I hope to was his way of doing an ice breaker to ease the tension in the room..

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I watched the episode again and Keyra does come off badly.... it seems like she definitely rolled her eyes at Gina. I’d love to know if it was truly her or what’s behind the eye roll. Keyra got what she deserved... definitely not an unfair cut. 

I know they should all put on a nice face in public and never roll eyes at a teammate, but I myself was probably rolling my eyes when they called Gina here at home - she is a great dancer, but seems very fake sweet and full of herself to me.  She was very unlikeable last season with all the “people are jealous” of me stuff. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Aggielife said:

I disagree. Sam quietly auditioned for the Texas A&M Pom squad this year (didn’t make it). I think if Dayton and Victoria don’t make DCC then she may lose interest though.

That is interesting. 

2 hours ago, jlc said:

I rewatched last night's episode and you can tell that KaShsra was pissed too. I think she may retire after this season. She is a great DCC and she knows what was up with Kelli. I am also pissed that Kelli is playing so many games. She is either reading too much press about herself and believing it, or something else is going on in her life. Some of the girls selected are questionable, and I can not believe the whole Dayton/Victoria vibe going on. I will admit I read the spoilers because I was not sure if I wanted to finish watching this season. No comment!

I feel like Kash should have retired this past season when she was at the ultimate high---point girl and ProBowl. At this point, it's all down hill for her and nothing is going to match the high of that season. 

1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Yup. I liked her last year, even with the sassy mouth, I found it refreshing. But this is not how you handle a cut girl. The internet is forever and you're just reinforcing why they didn't take you back.

16 minutes ago, sATL said:

Did Neal say anything during deliberations? His comments normally border on sexy-nasty. All I remember him asking if anyone had a criminal record/been to jail during the interview....when I hope to was his way of doing an ice breaker to ease the tension in the room..

He was amazingly, and thankfully, quiet this year. 

6 hours ago, veronicamers said:

It would be weird to see her at point with that "punishment" they seemed to be doling out during selection of Training Camp Candidates.

But if not Kashara, who?

Lacey would be my first guess, followed by Maddie and then Gina. 

• Love 7

Marshall is one of the nicest things to happen to the show! Looking forward to the makeover episode.  

Ok listen up CMT.  Spin off show, "Men of DCC".  Marshall plays host in Tangerine salon.  Special guests like Phil from the stadium and Randy the nice Lucchese boots judge stop in to chat. And of course the truth telling weather guy, Scott Padgett.   Even Jay and Neal can make (brief) appearances.  

• Love 13

Some observations:

- The first performance was not a vet. Whoever it was (can’t remember) had the #11 pinned on her. Isn’t the tradition to open and close with a vet?

- There are so many commercials we are seeing less and less show. I remember in Season 2, they did the entire sky diving outing without a commercial (I think I am right about this but need to go back and look). My point is, we used to get more show. Now everything is rushed. Or maybe it is just bad editing. Even the Kitty portion was rushed. Not showing the routine, just straight to solos.

- I was never a Maddie fan and was knocked out how comfortable she was in her solo. I think it was the best I’ve ever seen her.

-  As for VK, I don’t get the love. I find her completely unappealing and unattractive. Too much teeth and mouth and make-up. Her personality reminds me of Odie, the dog from the Garfinkel comics.

- Judy is one smart lady to keep her mouth shut in regards to VK.

- Lastly, in regards to seeing what is come next week, Kelli’s comment to Dayton is ridiculous considering Dayton didn’t make the squad last year. REMEMBER, KELLI????? So why in the world would Dayton, who doesn’t strike me as entitled, be of the belief that it is a given she will make the team this year? But then I haven’t seen the actual conversation so I am speculating but no one had pointed that out yet (I think) so I just thought I would. :0]

• Love 18
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

It was just a fraction of a second and hard to catch that eye roll! I would have missed it if others hadn’t pointed it out.

i don’t think it matters what the eye roll is even about - to me, any kind of eye roll for any reason could be read as a DCC cardinal sin - showing attitude about anything at all is the antithesis of the “yes ma’am” that they demand.

Together with the other footage of her doing cocky stuff in the episode and I agree that the attitude was worth cutting alone for. 

The insta story she put up only digs that particular hole deeper lol

• Love 6
1 hour ago, chabelisaywow said:

For shows, my daughter's former teachers would always recommend Bloch flesh colored jazz shoes over Capezio.  Having grown up myself dancing with Capezio shoes, I always wondered why.  The explanation was the Capezio shoes were an "off" color and the Bloch a better match to "light suntan" tights. This being said - do they give have a sponsorship with a certain company for tights? Half of them wear these too dark tights that totally spoil the lines of their dancing! Sorry nitpicking rant!

I thought I was the only one that annoyed. your tights are meant to match your skintone, esp when your abs are going to be entirely on show and so a huge difference in tone between abs and thighs is super noticeble.  if you couldn't get them in your skintone, you perfected the way to dye them so they did, my instructors accepted no excuses. if they didn't match, you were called in front of the class and berated for drawing attention not with your dance but with the fact you couldn't apparently dress yourself.  the tights shouldn't, essentially, be noticeable and so if I'm noticing that you're clearly wearing tights, theyre not the right colour

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I could see where that stuff that was said on MTT about her cut could harm her in a professional career - like if she applies for jobs in whatever field she went to school for, and they recognize her from the show and hear how the DCC cut her for being late and being a bad role model, she might not get hired. 

I was never a Keyra fan at all, but if they set her up to re-tryout, giving her the impression that everything was totally fine, only to publically cut her like that for the show, that’s really nasty of them.

And being a few minutes late twice over the course of a 10-11 month period is not really a big deal for the overwhelming majority of jobs - stuff happens.  The DCC barely even pays them and expects long days and perfect fitness - they got to be all unforgiving like that?  I also find it hard to believe that not a single other DCC was late for anything during all that time.

Them doing this type of stuff to these girls on national TV probably has a lot to do w/ why their tryout numbers are dwindling.  So...you want me to do a job where there is absolutely zero tolerance for being absent or late for any appearance you decide to send me to at a moments notice, where I must work out constantly and maintain perfect fitness and beauty, and if I screw up in any way you will set me up for complete humiliation and trash my professional and personal reputation on national TV!  Oh - and for all this you won’t even pay me a living wage?  lol - yeah, no thanks.  Haha.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok, we need a current DCC thread - Lauren is engaged.

his little chalkboard proposal was very cute. they seem super sweet together. I rooted for Lauren through her rookie year, I think she's adorable. very happy for her

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I know they should all put on a nice face in public and never roll eyes at a teammate, but I myself was probably rolling my eyes when they called Gina here at home - she is a great dancer, but seems very fake sweet and full of herself to me.  She was very unlikeable last season with all the “people are jealous” of me stuff. 

Completely disagree with you regarding Gina.... I’ve met her several times and was blown away by her kindness to our entire family. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 13

Omg, ok I can't seem to get the quote post to work, but I almost spit wine on the screen at the comparison of VK and Odie the dog from Garfield. God her and the mother both! Lol

• Love 3

I have to say this was a great ep , one of the best final eps we’ve had in years.

Also they edited the dancing really well. 

Also the editors get extra points for changing to that song that 

“I love myself & I dont need anybody else “ right when Gina started dancing. I was rolling on the floor Laughing. 

• Love 5

In the videos and pictures I've seen from finals, and from the footage last night, Gina was the loudest and happiest cheerleader to every single soloist. I saw Gina as a girl who didn't want to get close to people when she didn't know if they'd be staying or not and that is why she gravitated towards the vets. It seemed as soon as she made it, she bonded with the girls around her. Her vocal fry will annoy me to the end of time, but I genuinely thought she just got a bad edit after the show was over. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

If Kerya was cut for being late, why not tell her before trying out? Waste of time for all involved. 

Same with girls who gain weight why don't tell not to re-audition.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

She really is obnoxious. That snarky little smile she gives at the end. You just want to smack her. Take your cut with grace and STFU. Her arrogant defensiveness is not a good look.

She then posted this as well.  Sorry Keyra, but being a DCC is all about conforming to their rules and acting the way they want you to act. So acting like you're above that is what got you cut.

Screenshot_20180817-201715.jpg

• Love 5
7 hours ago, erikaelvis said:

I dont know if any one has mentioned, but when they announced Gina, there was a major eyeroll form Keyra.  Gina has rubbed me wrong from day one!

I love that !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

She really is obnoxious. That snarky little smile she gives at the end. You just want to smack her. Take your cut with grace and STFU. Her arrogant defensiveness is not a good look.

She then posted this as well.  Sorry Keyra, but being a DCC is all about conforming to their rules and acting the way they want you to act. So acting like you're above that is what got you cut.

Screenshot_20180817-201715.jpg

Someone get that girl a shovel...the grave she is digging is way further than the stand 6 feet. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, hypeman said:

So Keyra is the new Jenna. Where all kinds of unsubstantiated theories that paint her in the worst light are concocted hourly.

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Jess14 said:

She caused her own demise unfortunately. A shame too....because she looked like a firecracker when the vets were practicing the dance. Interesting that she won Judy over as well in the dance department but screwed up in other aspects of her job. 

I'm going to file this away and think about it every time someone gets cut and everyone flips out about how it makes no sense and Kelli couldn't possibly have a legit reason for doing it because so-and-so is beautiful and thin and an amazing dancer. It's those "other aspects of her job" that can bite these girls in the butt, and none of us see or hear about it unless someone inside chooses to reveal it.

14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Kelli was fresh out of the gates as a cheerleader when she became assistant director back in the late 80s, so I can see them doing something similar with Jenn K.  It seems like a natural progression. 

6 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think JennK is the future Judy and Jinelle is the future Kelli, tbh. 

I don't think so. I think this is Megan Fox all over again. Remember her? This isn't the first time Kelli hired a group leader to be an assistant something or another. It's not even the second, third, or fourth time. They stay on for a year or two and then move on. Jenn is starting a family and Kelli is a long way away from retiring. When she got the job, the DCC wasn't the BIG business it is now. I don't think Charlotte would trust the director's seat to someone like Kelli...a couple years out of college with only a year or two of professional experience under her belt. When Kelli does retire, I expect she will pick someone who is still in the game at that point...someone fresh off the team who can be an assistant for several years, or someone who was on the team in the last 10 years who has gone on to direct another well-regarded dance team at the college or semipro level. If Jenn comes back and rejoins the staff after her baby, then maybe I'll believe it. But I think she'll have her kid. Then probably another one, and her life will go off in a different direction. Jinelle will also be long gone by then.

5 hours ago, Aggielife said:

I disagree. Sam quietly auditioned for the Texas A&M Pom squad this year (didn’t make it). I think if Dayton and Victoria don’t make DCC then she may lose interest though.

5 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Didn't make it. That says ALOT. OMG, if she goes for DCC we will need a separate board.

Going by her social media, Sam isn't a dancer. She just isn't. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but are there any pics or vids of her dancing on her instagram? Has she ever competed in dance or been on a dance team? Has she ever written anything about loving dance? Yeah, she did all star cheer, and that worked for Cassie, but it's not the same thing.

I know that absence of evidence isn't evidence in and of itself, so maybe she's setting the dance world on fire and I just haven't seen it, but it doesn't seem like it. The DCC isn't for women who are casual about dance. It's for women who have made dance a MAJOR part of their lives for decades and the bar is getting higher each year. 59 potential rookies were chosen for finals this year and of those, there were only five we couldn't find any trace of college dance team, other pro teams, or some kind of dance major/minor in college. I can't see Sam graduating from college and all of a sudden whipping her body into amazing shape and developing the ability to dance at a level equivalent to her peers who have been doing it since birth. And I think she knows this. She seems like a nice girl. Very level headed. And I would bet money she will never ever audition for DCC.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Going by her social media, Sam isn't a dancer. She just isn't. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but are there any pics or vids of her dancing on her instagram? Has she ever competed in dance or been on a dance team? Has she ever written anything about loving dance? Yeah, she did all star cheer, and that worked for Cassie, but it's not the same thing.

I know that absence of evidence isn't evidence in and of itself, so maybe she's setting the dance world on fire and I just haven't seen it, but it doesn't seem like it. The DCC isn't for women who are casual about dance. It's for women who have made dance a MAJOR part of their lives for decades and the bar is getting higher each year. 59 potential rookies were chosen for finals this year and of those, there were only five we couldn't find any trace of college dance team, other pro teams, or some kind of dance major/minor in college. I can't see Sam graduating from college and all of a sudden whipping her body into amazing shape and developing the ability to dance at a level equivalent to her peers who have been doing it since birth. And I think she knows this. She seems like a nice girl. Very level headed. And I would bet money she will never ever audition for DCC.

Sam actually keeps her instagram private so I don't know. I assume she took dance classes as a kid, but even a basic google search came up with zero dance videos. Even Vicky has a few if you just google her name. I think it was bold of her to try out for her college team, but I have not seen a single indication that the DCC is in Sam's future. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I could see where that stuff that was said on MTT about her cut could harm her in a professional career - like if she applies for jobs in whatever field she went to school for, and they recognize her from the show and hear how the DCC cut her for being late and being a bad role model, she might not get hired. 

I was never a Keyra fan at all, but if they set her up to re-tryout, giving her the impression that everything was totally fine, only to publically cut her like that for the show, that’s really nasty of them.

And being a few minutes late twice over the course of a 10-11 month period is not really a big deal for the overwhelming majority of jobs - stuff happens.  The DCC barely even pays them and expects long days and perfect fitness - they got to be all unforgiving like that?  I also find it hard to believe that not a single other DCC was late for anything during all that time.

Them doing this type of stuff to these girls on national TV probably has a lot to do w/ why their tryout numbers are dwindling.  So...you want me to do a job where there is absolutely zero tolerance for being absent or late for any appearance you decide to send me to at a moments notice, where I must work out constantly and maintain perfect fitness and beauty, and if I screw up in any way you will set me up for complete humiliation and trash my professional and personal reputation on national TV!  Oh - and for all this you won’t even pay me a living wage?  lol - yeah, no thanks.  Haha.

This one million times!

May I also add that the bitchy comments during practice by K and J are just icing on the cake.

• Love 5

My personal guess is that Kelli and Judy haven't been around the vets from whenever the last appearance is, and tryouts.      And I'm sure that Kelli raised cain about Keyra being late to two engagements, and decided to see if she would apologize, or have a legitimate excuse for being late.     And Selina reportedly had several weight warnings, and came back even heavier.      I bet that if the rookie class had been lackluster, and there weren't so many legitimate candidates to make the team, then Selina and Keyra might have been given more chances, and told what to do to make the team, but there were a lot of strong dancers this time, so they were history.  

• Love 3

Some folks pointed out how stone-faced Brennan was watching Christina's solo. In rewatching, I noticed that she's pretty stone-faced throughout most of the solos and was in sharp contrast to Gina just a few seats over. For me, this adds to her "weird facials" issue from years past. She also made a weird face when she was talking about her grandmother and I just thought she kind of looked like a bird. I guess I don't love her face or her facials, although I think she is reasonably pretty with a relaxed smile (don't see those often from her) and I do think she's a very talented dancer. I wouldn't harp on her looks, except it's an expectation of becoming a DCC. It will be interesting to see what kinds of feedback she gets during training camp and I hope to get some real glimpses of her performance quality during camp as well.

I wanted to see more of vet Rachel at finals. I think she's a great dancer and has an appealing natural girl-next-door quality. She seemed to have been one of the last vets called as well, and I would imagine that was because they're always on her about weight (though she I thought she looked great at the calendar shoot right after auditions). When she auditioned last year, Charlotte said she already looked like a vet, so I'm curious about why they left her hanging with Kash near the end. Rachel was captain of a nationally ranked dance team in college, and I hope she stays on the team long enough to take on a leadership role. 

I believe that @ShellyB responded to a question on the forum last year or the year before about whether or not vets are told they should retire. It's this vague memory I have, so someone with a sharper recall please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she said they do not, as a rule, tell cheerleaders that they should retire. They do get constant evaluations, though, so either way, they really should know where they stand at the end of the season looking towards auditions. This is not to say that there are not sometimes shocking vet cuts, of course.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Some folks pointed out how stone-faced Brennan was watching Christina's solo. In rewatching, I noticed that she's pretty stone-faced throughout most of the solos and was in sharp contrast to Gina just a few seats over. For me, this adds to her "weird facials" issue from years past. She also made a weird face when she was talking about her grandmother and I just thought she kind of looked like a bird. I guess I don't love her face or her facials, although I think she is reasonably pretty with a relaxed smile (don't see those often from her) and I do think she's a very talented dancer. I wouldn't harp on her looks, except it's an expectation of becoming a DCC. It will be interesting to see what kinds of feedback she gets during training camp and I hope to get some real glimpses of her performance quality during camp as well.

I wanted to see more of vet Rachel at finals. I think she's a great dancer and has an appealing natural girl-next-door quality. She seemed to have been one of the last vets called as well, and I would imagine that was because they're always on her about weight (though she I thought she looked great at the calendar shoot right after auditions). When she auditioned last year, Charlotte said she already looked like a vet, so I'm curious about why they left her hanging with Kash near the end. Rachel was captain of a nationally ranked dance team in college, and I hope she stays on the team long enough to take on a leadership role. 

I believe that @ShellyB responded to a question on the forum last year or the year before about whether or not vets are told they should retire. It's this vague memory I have, so someone with a sharper recall please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she said they do not, as a rule, tell cheerleaders that they should retire. They do get constant evaluations, though, so either way, they really should know where they stand at the end of the season looking towards auditions. This is not to say that there are not sometimes shocking vet cuts, of course.

Yeah I noticed Brennan had a straight face pretty much the whole time, in all the pics and video clips. 

• Love 2
Just now, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah I noticed Brennan had a straight face pretty much the whole time, in all the pics and video clips.

She could have just been in her own head and thinking, nervous, whatever emotions she was experiencing and not thinking about the cameras.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, mmm said:

Same with girls who gain weight why don't tell not to re-audition.

She may have been giving strong hints not to try out again, but she did not listen or think she was above it all because her dancing skills would keep her on the squad. No one is forcing the girls who have weight gain or other issues to try out. It is on the girl herself and no one else.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She may have been giving strong hints not to try out again, but she did not listen or think she was above it all because her dancing skills would keep her on the squad. No one is forcing the girls who have weight gain or other issues to try out. It is on the girl herself and no one else.

100% and she still doesn't accept or say she understands why she was cut, so they could tell her GO HOME KEYRA and she still wouldn't get it 

• Love 6