Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

Just now, parrotfeathers said:

Maybe it proves they do something in their free time other than stare at their phone screen and post selfies?

Study what all of the federal agency acronyms stand for in their free time? I think there are better uses of anyone’s time, and I say that as someone who like government and civics and works with several state and federal agencies as part of my job. I’m far more interested in someone knowing what the EPA does and it’s mission than knowing what the 3 letters stand for. That’s just me though. 

• Love 1

But it’s so basic a question that I think the intent is to see if the girls are more than makeup, hair and dance, like @parrotfeathers said. I think Reagan could have saved herself by saying she didn’t know exactly what the letters stand for, but she does know what the bureau does. Though to be honest, I think she doesn’t even know that.  

I think the girls don’t necessarily have to know the answers to all the questions, but they should show in their interview that they can carry on a conversation beyond dance. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, cgloss said:

But it’s so basic a question that I think the intent is to see if the girls are more than makeup, hair and dance, like @parrotfeathers said. I think Reagan could have saved herself by saying she didn’t know exactly what the letters stand for, but she does know what the bureau does. Though to be honest, I think she doesn’t even know that.  

I think the girls don’t necessarily have to know the answers to all the questions, but they should show in their interview that they can carry on a conversation beyond dance. 

Now, that I agree with. The girl seemed clueless and fit the stereotype of the dumb cheerleader (she may not actually be like that but that’s how she seemed). Had she said, I’m not sure what FBI stands for but its the national law enforcement agency that investigates crimes under federal jurisdiction, I would’ve been fine with that answer. My comment about memorizing acronyms was just really more of a general comment. Personally, I don’t care if someone can name a bunch of senators and agency heads if they have no clue how laws get passed or how the agency rule making process works, but again that’s just me. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Now, that I agree with. The girl seemed clueless and fit the stereotype of the dumb cheerleader (she may not actually be like that but that’s how she seemed). Had she said, I’m not sure what FBI stands for but its the national law enforcement agency that investigates crimes under federal jurisdiction, I would’ve been fine with that answer. My comment about memorizing acronyms was just really more of a general comment. Personally, I don’t care if someone can name a bunch of senators and agency heads if they have no clue how laws get passed or how the agency rule making process works, but again that’s just me. 

They probably consider a lot of this stuff just basic knowledge and when the girl doesn't know it, then they are thinking uh oh, if she doesn't know this what else doesn't she know.  And like you said, if they were able to cover and give a sold answer, the judges might be okay with it.  Like Hunter, who is a pet peeve of mine, saying uhhhhhh I can't name a book, I don't read.  There might have been a better way to answer that question.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They probably consider a lot of this stuff just basic knowledge and when the girl doesn't know it, then they are thinking uh oh, if she doesn't know this what else doesn't she know.  And like you said, if they were able to cover and give a sold answer, the judges might be okay with it.  Like Hunter, who is a pet peeve of mine, saying uhhhhhh I can't name a book, I don't read.  There might have been a better way to answer that question.

Right! She was another who portrayed herself as the dumb cheerleader. Like even if she doesn’t read novels, she could talk about reading articles in various mediums on topics that she’s interested in. Make up something. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Make up something. 

I think this may be what they are looking for--how well you can stumble your way through something you know little to nothing about but come off able to cover the issue in some fashion with poise.  But to me every adult should know what FBI stands for.  But I'm old enough to remember "The Untouchables" and Eliot Ness.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 9

Yeah I agree that Reagan would have done better if she showed she could talk sensibly about what the FBI does. I just thinking asking what the acronym stands for is a silly way of measuring knowledge. 

• Love 1
On 8/22/2018 at 5:31 PM, Stephieg84 said:

I loved her too! But her final season Kelli called her last into training camp. Apparently to punish her for her weight gain. I'd guess that helped her decide to retire.

So is this a pattern of Kelly's to call the vets into TC last as her mental punishment for weight gain ?  I agree with others.....the girls like Melissa and KaShara are curvy and absolutely beautiful.  There needs to be a diversity to body shapes as much as anything else making the DCC.  It's not like they came into TC shaped like Lacey or Jinelle. However, if Kelly and Judy are giving them a nudge and constructive criticism to lose a few lbs to stay within their contract weight, it's alot easier to take than being humiliated. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, KoKo said:

So is this a pattern of Kelly's to call the vets into TC last as her mental punishment for weight gain ?  I agree with others.....the girls like Melissa and KaShara are curvy and absolutely beautiful.  There needs to be a diversity to body shapes as much as anything else making the DCC.  It's not like they came into TC shaped like Lacey or Jinelle. However, if Kelly and Judy are giving them a nudge and constructive criticism to lose a few lbs to stay within their contract weight, it's alot easier to take than being humiliated

Do we know Judy and Kelli have not said anything to them about their weight before they decided to reaudition again? Do they not realize they need to tone up without someone telling them to do so? We need to stop putting the blame on Kelli and Judy for any of the girls who gain weight. They could bring them into the office, they could tell them when they let Kelli and Judy know they plan on trying out again, they need to tone up or risk being cut or being called out for it in front of the other girls and the fans and viewers. Remember in Season 7 at finals Charlotte ask Judy and Kelli what they were feeding the vets. I think it was Kelli or Judy who said they did not care to have constant discussions with certain girls about their weight, so obviously they have said something before auditions came around the corner. I do not agree at all with the weight requirement, but to say Judy, Kelli and Charlotte are humiliating the girls is a little far fetch because the girls know the score when it comes to the weight requirement and should not have to be reminded by Kelli and Judy to tone up.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 8/24/2018 at 1:36 PM, bigskygirl said:

Do we know Judy and Kelli have not said anything to them about their weight before they decided to reaudition again? Do they not realize they need to tone up without someone telling them to do so? We need to stop putting the blame on Kelli and Judy for any of the girls who gain weight. They could bring them into the office, they could tell them when they let Kelli and Judy know they plan on trying out again, they need to tone up or risk being cut or being called out for it in front of the other girls and the fans and viewers. Remember in Season 7 at finals Charlotte ask Judy and Kelli what they were feeding the vets. I think it was Kelli or Judy who said they did not care to have constant discussions with certain girls about their weight, so obviously they have said something before auditions came around the corner. I do not agree at all with the weight requirement, but to say Judy, Kelli and Charlotte are humiliating the girls is a little far fetch because the girls know the score when it comes to the weight requirement and should not have to be reminded by Kelli and Judy to tone up.

Agreed. Bring them into the office before auditions begin and tell them your thoughts and remind them that the swimsuit calendar shoot is right behind auditions. And that they are an important part of the organization and need to keep them front and center. So they best be front and center ready.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 3
On 8/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, tinabee1967 said:

And Sara is super gorgeous on top of it! Those judges must have been smorkin' crack. If her dancing did not translate as well on the field, surely that can be remedied during training camp. 

She looked great on the field!!! Way better than VK!!! I just don't get it.

• Love 4
On 8/24/2018 at 4:36 PM, bigskygirl said:

I'm sure they do. They shouldn't have to be, but alot of times a little bit of weight gain may go unnoticed, and some girls may think that because of their value to and tenure with the team that they don't have "anything to worry about."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I'm sure they do. They shouldn't have to be, but alot of times a little bit of weight gain may go unnoticed, and some girls may think that because of their value to and tenure with the team that they don't have "anything to worry about."

I still blame the weight gain for some girls on calendar shoot.  It used to be in April.  They've been drinking juices, lots of protein, no to low carbs and working out like crazy.  Then they come back, are getting ready for auditions and relax the strict diet.  Some may know how to put back on a little weight, and some may overdo.  And their bodies are happy to have solid foods and carbs.

11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I still blame the weight gain for some girls on calendar shoot.  It used to be in April.  They've been drinking juices, lots of protein, no to low carbs and working out like crazy.  Then they come back, are getting ready for auditions and relax the strict diet.  Some may know how to put back on a little weight, and some may overdo.  And their bodies are happy to have solid foods and carbs.

What about the girls who struggle with their weight during the football season aka Selina, Hannah, and a few others. Why is everything else and everyone else being blamed for their weight gain. Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but I think the girls should be hold responsible for their weight. I certainly agree the weight requirements are bad with a capital B, but the responsibility for how to stay fit and trim are on the girls and no one else.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What about the girls who struggle with their weight during the football season aka Selina, Hannah, and a few others. Why is everything else and everyone else being blamed for their weight gain. Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but I think the girls should be hold responsible for their weight. I certainly agree the weight requirements are bad with a capital B, but the responsibility for how to stay fit and trim are on the girls and no one else.

For a lot of these girls, they get down to a weight that's unsustainable for them in order to make the team.  Then, they're REQUIRED to keep that weight for the rest of their careers as a DCC, which is unhealthy, both mentally and physically.   While I agree that the weight requirements are BS (mainly because Kelli, Judy and Charlotte are more interested in how the girls look instead of how healthy they are), the girls should maintain a fit and healthy body.  Granted, the uniforms show every wiggle and jiggle, but girls should be healthy, fit and a weight that is appropriate for THEIR body type, shape, and height. 

Kelli often comments on how she sees a variety of body types, styles, and shapes in uniform fittings, but then insists that all girls of a certain height weigh a certain amount no matter the other factors.  It's crazy.  She, as director, should be emphasizing nutrition and healthy eating habits instead of this one-size-fits-all (of a certain height) insistence on weight.

Besides, we also hear rumors that there's all SORTS of things going on in the locker rooms regarding diet pills, cleanses, detoxes, and other dangerous things the girls are doing to lose weight that, if true, I'm surprised we haven't heard of more girls either dying or in the hospital from these dangerous practices.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
On 8/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, bigskygirl said:

Perhaps I should've re-read and edited my post and not been in a rush to send out because my thought process wasn't all the same with what I wrote. Personally, I'm skeptical as to whether they saved  KaShara and/or Melissa until the end to send a message; with the first sentence I wrote in my original post was a question -IS it really something Kelli does?  Just wondering because this  having to do with K and M surprises me because they are both considered rockstars in Kelli's eyes and they've always been curvy in comparison to someone like Lacey and Jinelle from the beginning.  Obviously, with their natural build, a few lbs is going to show more-esp on tv and the unforgiving jumbotron, so I have absolutely no doubt that PTB would be bring it to their attention before audition if they, or anyone else, needed to tone up or lose weight.   KaShara and Melissa, or any of the young ladies cut for weight, I'm sure are aware that they need to tone up or drop the weight if needed......unfortunately, for some, the more they think about it and attempt the weight loss getting ready to reaudition- and the expectations that come with it- stress can be your worst enemy in such an event. IMO, not that it counts for much, but seeing the facial expressions on a few that were cut for weight, they seemed to have taken the cut with grace knowing it was probable.......they had a coveted spot on a team that they weren't quite ready to give up because they weren't in shape and at their personal best. It appears that they were taking that chance hoping to slide in and continue to work on it perhaps with help (?) I can't say I wouldn't do the same ~ they're in a very humbling position.  Speaking for myself, I think this is why Kelli, Judy and Charlotte give many chances before anything drastic is done.  With that being said, in my last statement saying something about whether Kelli and Judy constructively criticize them or give them a nudge instead of "humiliating" them, I sent my message out quickly, I'm glad you called me on it. Humiliating wasn't the word I was looking for, that is harsh-I suppose it was for lack of a better word........ Again, I was suspicious and thinking out loud as to whether this is really being done by using them as an example by choosing them last as a subliminal tactic. 

Sorry for such a long winded reply!

• Love 1