Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I like the both of them and they seem quite similiar in personality, so I'm not surprised they're close. I really like the both of them, really rooted for them their respective TCC years. I wouldn't be overly surprised if this was Lauren's last season, simply becausse I believe her family and fiancee still live in another state, don't they? I think MIchigan? and depending on how soon she's thinking of the wedding she might want to move home to be together (*cough alexandria cough*) but maybe David has moved?  sometimes it amazes me how quickly some people get engaged, like she and Kelsey were with their respective men just over a year and they're engaged, but I guess if you know, you know.

Kelsey looks amazing! I was really sorry that she didn't come out for another year, but I get it. She has been one of my favorites since the first year she tried out. You can see her in the chairs and during freestyle. I think her first year she actually made it to semis. Loved her, miss her, and I love her hair!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, sATL said:

for that song , they just played the instrumental intro.. but for the life of me the words are not coming to me enough to google. I got the rest of the ones I wanted - just missing that one.

No promises I'll fair any better, but I'll give it a try too!

The thing with Keyra is exactly why they have one year contracts and make them try out again every year. Being late can get you fired for cause, but with all the losses they had they needed her to finish the season, which was a reasonable business decision. They then reasonably chose not to offer her a new contract based on her poor track record.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

The thing with Keyra is exactly why they have one year contracts and make them try out again every year. Being late can get you fired for cause, but with all the losses they had they needed her to finish the season, which was a reasonable business decision. They then reasonably chose not to offer her a new contract based on her poor track record.

I agree. I just wonder if they sat with her when the season ended and said directly, we will not take you back even if you try out. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, sATL said:

trying to make a playlist for exercise purposes.. I really like most of the songs in this episode.. what is the name/artist of the song that playing when Malena  was dancing.. VT fell out of the turn ... ? They were on the field doing the choreography.. It was before "I love me"...

I THINK it's Summer by calvin Harris

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I THINK it's Summer by calvin Harris

YES !!!! thank you... thank you... back to creating and reading along !!!

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I agree. I just wonder if they sat with her when the season ended and said directly, we will not take you back even if you try out. 

They could have told her with your track record of being late twice, pissing us off and some of the girls do not care for your attitude, we may cut you if you decide to try out again. You need to step it up and prove to us you deserve a second year. It was nice they showed us the vets who were retiring and the last performance as a team, but I would have rather saw the scenes of the girls having a visit with Kelli and Judy before finals start like they did last year.

15 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

They should have had an end of football season talk to Keyra regarding tardies, attitude, comments, etc.  Because if you wait until the week of finals to talk to anybody, they already have a solo, a costume, etc.  Also, like @bigskygirl said, they can tell her at that time to step it up and prove herself.  She would have a few months to do so.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I've noticed on this thread that people are lumping Cersten into the same group of "annoying, self-centered people" as Erica, Jenna, Keyra.  I never got this impression from Cersten, at least not on the show.  Can someone explain why she falls into this category?

She was also outed as bully and mean girl on a Facebook post of DCC by many girls she went to school with and bullied. One girl moved schools to get away from her bullying. There were several accounts from different people. Hardly what you could call one of America’s sweethearts. Oh and let’s not forget the CMT crew employee she gave attitude to during the Belk fashion show that was mentioned on here her rookie year. She’s scum 

• Love 12

If I remember correctly, the girls told Kelli and Judy if they were going to try out again on February 16th. I wonder if Keyra was told to step it up when she told K and J she was trying out again in February. I think she got a little too sure of herself because she might have thought she was in the clear because they did not cut her the second time she was late, and her dancing was going to save her.

When and if Cersten graduates from Guadalajara, she will have to compete against the other foreign medical graduates for U.S. residency slots, because your citizenship doesn't qualify you for U.S. residency.     From what I've read (a friend's son wants to go to medical school, and is considering foreign study) you have to be among the very top even at UGA to get into one of the limited slots.   Being an American citizen does not make you a U.S. residency candidate.      What people also dislike about Cersten is that she was qualified in medical careers that she wasn't.  

I agree that the fact that Selina had a lot of DCC supporting her after her cut, and Keyra didn't have anyone told a lot of the story.      I can't believe that Keyra wasn't told bluntly about being late, and her attitude toward others.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I doubt they said that because I don't think it was necessarily the case. If the rookie class had turned out to be a hot mess during finals, they might have been less inclined to cut some of the lower-ranked vets. I think this was a strike against her, but not necessarily a deal breaker on its own.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Gigi88 said:

She was also outed as bully and mean girl on a Facebook post of DCC by many girls she went to school with and bullied. One girl moved schools to get away from her bullying. There were several accounts from different people. Hardly what you could call one of America’s sweethearts. Oh and let’s not forget the CMT crew employee she gave attitude to during the Belk fashion show that was mentioned on here her rookie year. She’s scum 

wow.. a dancing (the Tiger Girls primarily participate at all home games for the Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams, Baseball games and occasional gymnastics meets) pre-med college student had time to bully? goodness..

1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

When and if Cersten graduates from Guadalajara, she will have to compete against the other foreign medical graduates for U.S. residency slots, because your citizenship doesn't qualify you for U.S. residency.     From what I've read (a friend's son wants to go to medical school, and is considering foreign study) you have to be among the very top even at UGA to get into one of the limited slots.   Being an American citizen does not make you a U.S. residency candidate.      What people also dislike about Cersten is that she was qualified in medical careers that she wasn't.  

Right, and even if she gets a US residency spot, it's sure as hell not going to be in a competitive market like Dallas. Foreign medical grads typically fill the slots no one else wants.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I agree that the fact that Selina had a lot of DCC supporting her after her cut, and Keyra didn't have anyone told a lot of the story.      I can't believe that Keyra wasn't told bluntly about being late, and her attitude toward others.  

I don’t think this proves anything. It looked like she left quite quickly while Selina stayed behind. I remember Raylee leaving just as fast, but she managed to escape the cameras.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

So here is a list of people we've said goodbye to so far and the reasons. I'll add anyone I've left out and update as the season goes on.

Episode 1 early exits:

• Alexandria—dire straight
  • Kalyssa--Playmate
  • Milan—trying to graduate

Episode 2 cuts and retirements:

• Paris--didn’t integrate
  • Jinelle—needed to ruminate
  • Cersten--wants to medicate
  • Jenna—snitch teammate
  • Robin—fourth estate

Episode 3 cuts:

• Keyra—always late
  • Selina—overweight
  • Meredith—too sedate
  • Sarah—just not great

BRAVO

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

So here is a list of people we've said goodbye to so far and the reasons. I'll add anyone I've left out and update as the season goes on.

Episode 1 early exits:

• Alexandria—dire straight
  • Kalyssa--Playmate
  • Milan—trying to graduate

Episode 2 cuts and retirements:

• Paris--didn’t integrate
  • Jinelle—needed to ruminate
  • Cersten--wants to medicate
  • Jenna—snitch teammate
  • Robin—fourth estate

Episode 3 cuts:

• Keyra—always late
  • Selina—overweight
  • Meredith—too sedate
  • Sarah—just not great

add to episode 2      Madi went back to skate!

• Love 6

Hi I'm new here and so excited to get to talk to people that enjoy DCC MTT as much as me! I'm a dancer and have been most of my life. I love this show because it shows real dancing with teachers that know what they're doing. I have so many comments about the show I don't know where to begin!

• Love 3

Is anyone here on Twitter? I ask because I follow all of the dcc on there and Kelli, Judy, former dcc and cmt.  So today there has been lots of posts for game day and I'm so excited to see who made it! I know I can't post spoilers but I'm so happy for them! 

Last night was Meet the Team night! I loved watching the girls perform for the first time together.  They also showed their reaction to seeing the locker room for the first time. So excited for them. Can't wait to see the episode!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gigi88 said:

Wow!!! I can actually see that happening. Makes me sad to hear about girls being bullies. Shame on her and her parents.  I guess they just showed subtle notes of attitude during the show. Erica always struck me as one that would be full of herself as well. I guess they all can't be like Jinelle!!! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Right, and even if she gets a US residency spot, it's sure as hell not going to be in a competitive market like Dallas. Foreign medical grads typically fill the slots no one else wants.

Exactly.  And Cersten has said she wants to be a plastic surgeon.  Good luck getting into a decent surgery residency in the US after going to a notoriously shady medical school in Guadalajara.  It's not gong to be as easy as being a Tiger Girl or DCC schmoozing into being some guy's 'surgical technician' or 'pediatric medical assistant'. 

The weird thing is she only graduated from college in 2016 -so either she's too impatient or hopelessly unqualified to take time to try to get admitted into a US med school or she's totally arrogant or delusional about her future career.   I would be surprised if she lasts at her med school she seems rather quiet about it suddenly on social media.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Exactly.  And Cersten has said she wants to be a plastic surgeon.  Good luck getting into a decent surgery residency in the US after going to a notoriously shady medical school in Guadalajara.  It's not gong to be as easy as being a Tiger Girl or DCC schmoozing into being some guy's 'surgical technician' or 'pediatric medical assistant'. 

The weird thing is she only graduated from college in 2016 -so either she's too impatient or hopelessly unqualified to take time to try to get admitted into a US med school or she's totally arrogant or delusional about her future career.   I would be surprised if she lasts at her med school she seems rather quiet about it suddenly on social media.  

Didn't she have pretty dire MSAT scores and so took time to try and get them up to get into med school?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Didn't she have pretty dire MSAT scores and so took time to try and get them up to get into med school?

Odds are she had a pretty low MCAT score if she chose to go to Mexico. Ultimately, no one chooses to go to a school outside of the US if they have a choice. That's not to say that you can't be successful in a US residency if you go to one. A friend of mine attended a school outside of the US (and she actually was very smart and capable, but I guess not competitive enough) and landed a pretty coveted residency. She might be an exception, but that just shows that it's possible. Plus Cersten does have connections having worked for a plastic surgeon so that will possibly help her. Sometimes it's who you know even in high-level professions.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Exactly. If Keyra was cut for the second time she was late to an appearance, a few people on here would have been crying racism. She supposedly is not told not to try out again, and she gets cut. Kelli and Judy are raked over coals for letting her try out again and letting the viewers and fans know Keyra was not professional and not being a good example for future rookies because she was late twice. Kelli and Judy may have said enough is enough with Keyra and wanted to cut their losses with her when she was late the second time, but Charlotte may have said no we need to keep her because of all the drama with Jenna, Holly, and Erica and Alexandria leaving the squad right away. Did Keyra not understand if she tries out the truth about her being late to two appearances would come out. She brought this on herself. Stop using Kelli and Judy as the scrape goat for your mistakes. Unless they went to her home and made her late twice, made her act a certain way which would pissed off Kelli and some of the other girls on the squad, and made her hang out with at least two girls who caused their own version of drama, then sorry she has no one else to blame but herself.

Hi, Please offer clarification: From your information, was Keyra actually told not to reapply or is it just that she supposedly was told or should have just somehow seen the handwriting on the wall? I’m not second guessing the decision to let her go for reasons I obviously don’t know exactly, but after many years in the working world, I do know how HR works, and there is such a thing as a paper trail wherein a person has written evaluations and in-person meetings to address fireable offenses vs. fixable issues. In the latter, the person is given specific behaviors to correct within a specific time-frame, where with fireable offenses, the person is just gone, period. In the office meetings that I’ve seen on this show, Kelli has always been direct, even blunt, when cutting even a training camp candidate. I just don’t see her pussyfooting around rather than straight out telling Keyra not to reapply.

I only know Keyra from what I’ve seen on the show, but I always really liked her. I loved her spark and her energy. Even from that last practice session with the vets, my eyes were drawn to her, and I thought she also stood out on the field and brought something special to the squad even though she wasn’t the typical DCC. Whatever else happened behind the scenes with regard to her personality, I don’t know. But I agree that she needs to back away from social media for now and just go forward graciously with the exposure DCC has given her on the public stage. She has so much going for her and I wish her well.

• Love 1

This episode had lots of memorable segments and gave everyone a lot to discuss. I loved it and loved reading the comments. 

But I want to talk about Cersten, Keyra, and race. 

I've never loved Cersten, she comes across as a little cold or formal, but not in the "I'm shy or just reserved" kind of way but more of the" I'm shady and the less you know about me the better" kind of way. I believe the earlier comments I read about Cersten lying about being a nurse and the reasons for delaying med school. It makes sense, and the fact that she's going to school in Mexico raised an eyebrow before I read the behind the scenes info on her. 

I'm a WOC (if that means anything as far as this discussion goes, it shouldn't but just putting it out there). IMO, Kelli isn't racist, I think she's always had her favorites: blonde, brunette, black, white, whatever. Kelli has always been extremely biased and unfair when someone is her favorite. i.e. the year Danielle got cut and Kelli kept her on the team. As far as black girls go, I think there is no doubt that Kellie loved Jackie Bob and Mia Greenhouse. As far as TCC, I think she even had a soft spot for Amy and some girl (who's name I can't remember) from 3 years ago who was kicked out due to kicks. Kelli and Judy actually cried over her. 

IMO Kelli just didn't like Keyra and she used Keyra's 1 and a half tardies as an excuse. Maybe there are other good reasons for Kelli's opinion of Keyra but I would have appreciated the episode more if they told the truth and just said, "Keyra doesn't take direction well, she's not a team player, and doesn't have the attitude we think would be a good example of a vet, our team is more than about being a good dancer, it's the total package." IMO these reasons would ring truer than, "She was 5 minutes early for 1 appearance and late to another in her 10 months as a DCC." Also being cut for tardiness is different from being cut for weight. We have over a decade of examples of vets being cut for weight, I've never seen a vet cut at auditions for being late 1 time. The girls who are tardy are usually punished on the spot or immediately cut. 

Here's the kicker. IMO the reason that Kelli didn't discuss tardiness as a deal breaker with Keyra is because it wasn't a dealbreaker. With Robin leaving, Keyra was one of the few, if not the only black girl left on the squad--I think Keyra checked that box for them looks wise--no different than having 2 or 3 redheads on the squad. However, once they got this giant new crop of black girls in TCC, IMO Kellie knew she could replace Keyra with girls she might like more or have less "problems" with. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 20

I was going along with some posters thinking she should have been told not to try out again. I have no idea if she was told not to try out for her second year. She might have been told to get her act together because she was late for two appearances or face being cut at finals. I have heard she had a diva type attitude and was hanging around with girls like Jenna, Erica and Cersten who have the diva, entitled self centered attitude going for them, plus she was doing things which did not please Kelli and some of the girls on the squad who did not care for her attitude which could have played a part in the reason why she was cut at finals.

My opinion is I do not think racism plays a part in why she was cut. Kelli and Judy may have wanted to cut their losses with her before auditions time came along, but Charlotte may have said no because they were had enough drama behind the scenes with Holly, Jenna and Erica along with Alexandria and Milan leaving and Kalyssa being cut for missing an appearance and her nudie pictures. What I do believe is Judy and Kelli should not be taking the heat for her being cut or for letting the viewers and fans know she late at appearances. I just find it funny how posters want to know she did miss appearances and had a snotty nose attitude, but they do not want Kelli and Judy announcing it to the world. We cannot have it both ways. Plus the fact Keyra would have known if she tried out again the truth about her being late, possibly being told to get her act together or get cut, and other things would lead her to be cut. She brought all on herself, and she has no one to blame but herself.

Edited by bigskygirl
9 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

This episode had lots of memorable segments and gave everyone a lot to discuss. I loved it and loved reading the comments. 

But I want to talk about Cersten, Keyra, and race. 

I've never loved Cersten, she comes across as a little cold or formal, but not in the "I'm shy or just reserved" kind of way but more of the" I'm shady and the less you know about me the better" kind of way. I believe the earlier comments I read about Cersten lying about being a nurse and the reasons for delaying med school. It makes sense, and the fact that she's going to school in Mexico raised an eyebrow before I read the behind the scenes info on her. 

I'm a WOC (if that means anything as far as this discussion goes, it shouldn't but just putting it out there). IMO, Kelli isn't racist, I think she's always had her favorites: blonde, brunette, black, white, whatever. Kelli has always been extremely biased and unfair when someone is her favorite. i.e. the year Danielle got cut and Kelli kept her on the team. As far as black girls go, I think there is no doubt that Kellie loved Jackie Bob and Mia Greenhouse. As far as TCC, I think she even had a soft spot for Amy and some girl (who's name I can't remember) from 3 years ago who was kicked out due to kicks. Kelli and Judy actually cried over her. 

IMO Kelli just didn't like Keyra and she used Keyra's 1 and a half tardies as an excuse. Maybe there are other good reasons for Kelli's opinion of Keyra but I would have appreciated the episode more if they told the truth and just said, "Keyra doesn't take direction well, she's not a team player, and doesn't have the attitude we think would be a good example of a vet, our team is more than about being a good dancer, it's the total package." IMO these reasons would ring truer than, "She was 5 minutes early for 1 appearance and late to another in her 10 months as a DCC." Also being cut for tardiness is different from being cut for weight. We have over a decade of examples of vets being cut for weight, I've never seen a vet cut at auditions for being late 1 time. The girls who are tardy are usually punished on the spot or immediately cut. 

Here's the kicker. IMO the reason that Kelli didn't discuss tardiness as a deal breaker with Keyra is because it wasn't a dealbreaker. With Robin leaving, Keyra was one of the few, if not the only black girl left on the squad--I think Keyra checked that box for them looks wise--no different than having 2 or 3 redheads on the squad. However, once they got this giant new crop of black girls in TCC, IMO Kellie knew she could replace Keyra with girls she might like more or have less "problems" with. 

I agree with everything you said. I'm also a black woman, so a lot of the time I feel like I need to have the black girls' backs because there are so few of them. Cersten is problematic. Beautiful and talented but problematic. I could see her being a mean girl and she does seem to be one of those people who knows that she's attractive. 

I don't think Kelli is racist. I do think race plays into her decisions regarding the composition of the team. Like it or not, it's always a factor. There's always a magic number for diversity. Despite the regional demographics of Dallas, the DCC are on the world stage and it would look terrible to have a team made up entirely of blonde barbies. For Keyra, I think they would have been willing to deal with her (after a stern lecture about punctuality) if there weren't other options for black girls, so they could spare themselves a headache. She's beautiful and talented. She might be a bit sassier than they would like (I have issues with even saying this because of the stereotypes of black women that exist) and she's definitely not the "yes ma'am no ma'am type ." I do feel bad for her and wish she didn't take things people say online so personally, but she's human. I can't say I would sit and be gracious for sure if it was me. No one has a right to an opinion about your life based on snippets on a tv show and in real life if you say snide remarks to someone they're bound to say something back. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Yep but some people repeat the test or try to improve their application over a longer time period and she didn't.  I've read that her med school (AUG) really doesn't care about what your MCAT score is as long as you pay them the tuition.  And accredited US residencies know that which is why it is hard to find a desirable residency later.   Maybe she can get a family practice residency in the middle of nowhere but it's not gonna be a glam Purty Certy sitch.   

Im sure DCC loves to trumpet that an alum is in med school but they'd be better off trumpeting someone like Lauren who is an a legit and accomplished RN vs shady Cersten.  IMO ?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, GirlInFlux said:

I agree with everything you said. I'm also a black woman, so a lot of the time I feel like I need to have the black girls' backs because there are so few of them. Cersten is problematic. Beautiful and talented but problematic. I could see her being a mean girl and she does seem to be one of those people who knows that she's attractive. 

I don't think Kelli is racist. I do think race plays into her decisions regarding the composition of the team. Like it or not, it's always a factor. There's always a magic number for diversity. Despite the regional demographics of Dallas, the DCC are on the world stage and it would look terrible to have a team made up entirely of blonde barbies. For Keyra, I think they would have been willing to deal with her (after a stern lecture about punctuality) if there weren't other options for black girls, so they could spare themselves a headache. She's beautiful and talented. She might be a bit sassier than they would like (I have issues with even saying this because of the stereotypes of black women that exist) and she's definitely not the "yes ma'am no ma'am type ." I do feel bad for her and wish she didn't take things people say online so personally, but she's human. I can't say I would sit and be gracious for sure if it was me. No one has a right to an opinion about your life based on snippets on a tv show and in real life if you say snide remarks to someone they're bound to say something back. 

My thoughts Exactly, EXACTLY. 

I've said before on this forum that after the cameras go away after the first game, we have no idea what is going on until they come back for auditions.  We may see stuff on social media or hear things within this forum, but for the most part we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.  Using Keyra as an example, we know that tardiness played a factor in her being cut.  As for any other reasons - attitude, demeanor, etc - that is really none of our business.  Now, if the show aired thru the football season and we were to see examples of this, then that's one thing.  But I for one don't need to hear Kelli give the full list to the judges as to why Keyra shouldn't come back.  Now the sad thing is that Keyra doesn't recognize this or appreciate it and stop with the social media posts.  

In my opinion, Keyra was going to be cut regardless of how many WOC made it to training camp.  That's too much extra stuff to deal with in picking a squad if you're thinking, ok add two WOC, take away one veteran WOC.  Ok, no WOC this year to camp, keep the troublemaking WOC.  

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Yep but some people repeat the test or try to improve their application over a longer time period and she didn't.  I've read that her med school (AUG) really doesn't care about what your MCAT score is as long as you pay them the tuition.  And accredited US residencies know that which is why it is hard to find a desirable residency later.   Maybe she can get a family practice residency in the middle of nowhere but it's not gonna be a glam Purty Certy sitch.   

Im sure DCC loves to trumpet that an alum is in med school but they'd be better off trumpeting someone like Lauren who is an a legit and accomplished RN vs shady Cersten.  IMO ?

For sure, I think that's why they had the segment at all. That she was going off to med school and then she said where and I was like 'ooooh, they acting like it's John Hopkins and it's where now???'  and then you've got Lauren who seems to genuinely love her job and be good at it, and enjoy it.  It's hard work being a nurse, it's hard work being a specialist nurse and she seems to manage to maintain a full time, on your feet job, and her demands as a DCC with grace, unlike some that can apparently barely manage to be a DCC let alone anything else as well.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

For sure, I think that's why they had the segment at all. That she was going off to med school and then she said where and I was like 'ooooh, they acting like it's John Hopkins and it's where now???'  and then you've got Lauren who seems to genuinely love her job and be good at it, and enjoy it.  It's hard work being a nurse, it's hard work being a specialist nurse and she seems to manage to maintain a full time, on your feet job, and her demands as a DCC with grace, unlike some that can apparently barely manage to be a DCC let alone anything else as well.

Especially with her they wanted to make sure I was leaving for a great reason. Really... You are not all that special because you are heading off to medical school. Robin left because she got a great new job opportunity. I wish they would have shown her in the office instead of Cersten. I do not know why they have to make a big fuss over Cersten when there have been other girls who became doctors after leaving.

Wow... been following along reading... enlightening discussion....

I too know of kiddies who are now considering applying to medical school. As a parent, family friend or by-stander, I am so proud to hear the ambition of a college student wanting to keep going with their education and reach a dream - that yes, some have had for a long time. I feel the same way about law school, dental, MBA. Mstr of Ed, etc.  What happened to the DCC ( I think she was a veteran) who had a 4.0 last year?

According to wiki (leave it alone) " There are currently 141 accredited MD-granting institutions and 34 accredited DO-granting institutions" in the US ( link ) .Now did I expect Cersten to go to : Harvard-Stanford-Johns Hopkins-Univ of California-Univ of Pennsylvania-Columbia-Duke (top 6 according to a list)  - no sorry. I think if she had that kind of ambition she wouldn't have the time to be a DCC. Actually, I doubt if she had the time to be a LSU Tiger girl - JR/SR year. Dancing just seemed so important to her.

However - that does leave 169 schools  - I almost fainted when I heard - that she only applied to ONE SCHOOL.  WTH? Who does that ? Even a person who graduates from medical school #169 - is a bond a fide US trained Doctor. That means something - if the plan is to practice in this country. The two students I am following closely applied to 15 schools each. They took an expensive (and time consuming) MCAT prep course in addition to carrying a full JR-yr heavy science load. And summers were spent doing medical things - not learning 30 dances from 6p-7p to midnight.

yes, she can dance - but there come a time when as an adult you have to make a decision and focus. you can't do everything all of the time. If her MCAT was low - focus and take it again. She did make it sound she waited to take the thing 1.5 yrs into being a DCC.

I wish her the best with Mexico and hopes it works out for her. I don't share her story of how/why/ she made that choice. Sorry , boo-boo.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 9

Ok I just saw something very confusing on Twitter. I can't talk about it here though. It's a major spoiler!  Is there a spoiler thread on here? I need to talk to somebody about this because I'm so confused. The show said one thing then I just saw something that's quite the opposite!

Just now, Cali girl said:

Ok I just saw something very confusing on Twitter. I can't talk about it here though. It's a major spoiler!  Is there a spoiler thread on here? I need to talk to somebody about this because I'm so confused. The show said one thing then I just saw something that's quite the opposite!

You can send me a message if you want 

2 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

Odds are she had a pretty low MCAT score if she chose to go to Mexico. Ultimately, no one chooses to go to a school outside of the US if they have a choice. That's not to say that you can't be successful in a US residency if you go to one. A friend of mine attended a school outside of the US (and she actually was very smart and capable, but I guess not competitive enough) and landed a pretty coveted residency. She might be an exception, but that just shows that it's possible. Plus Cersten does have connections having worked for a plastic surgeon so that will possibly help her. Sometimes it's who you know even in high-level professions.

Was just going to say this.  My neighbor is a 4th year medical student.  We've watched her go through all the Step 1, 2 exams as well as the where do I want to do my residency at.  Her parents went to medical school in India, did their residencies in America and her father was the head of a large medical center's cardio center.   There are tons of foreign medical students here doing residencies.  Each hospital/university has areas that they are super hard to get and then have areas where they aren't so strong.  My neighbor is looking at a super prestigious place but they are lower ranked in the area she wants to do.  There are many foreign students who find those programs that aren't too picky.  That's still a very high standard, but she'll probably find a residency in the US some place.  That said, yes, she's going to medical school in Mexico because her MCATs were horrible.  No one willing goes that route unless they have no options.  I do have friends that graduated med school in the Caribbean and they are both fully employed doctors in the United States.  And they had many places that wanted to hire them.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Was just going to say this.  My neighbor is a 4th year medical student.  We've watched her go through all the Step 1, 2 exams as well as the where do I want to do my residency at.  Her parents went to medical school in India, did their residencies in America and her father was the head of a large medical center's cardio center.   There are tons of foreign medical students here doing residencies.  Each hospital/university has areas that they are super hard to get and then have areas where they aren't so strong.  My neighbor is looking at a super prestigious place but they are lower ranked in the area she wants to do.  There are many foreign students who find those programs that aren't too picky.  That's still a very high standard, but she'll probably find a residency in the US some place.  That said, yes, she's going to medical school in Mexico because her MCATs were horrible.  No one willing goes that route unless they have no options.  I do have friends that graduated med school in the Caribbean and they are both fully employed doctors in the United States.  And they had many places that wanted to hire them.

There is a difference, though, between foreign medical grads who are actual foreigners and went to school in their own country, and US citizens who go to medical school abroad because they can't get into a school here- and residency programs are certainly aware which category a candidate falls into.

Which isn't to say that Cersten wouldn't get a residency spot at all, but in a specialty as competitive as surgery? I'd be very surprised.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, ByTor said:

Sigh, Kalyssa.  Is she stupid or is she lying?  An entire season of football games is NOT the same thing as an entire season as a DCC, they have obligations after the football season is over.

Yeah, but the reality is, nobody outside of these boards and DCC circles cares about that distinction, and she knows that.

2 hours ago, kerrieway said:

IMO, Kelli isn't racist, I think she's always had her favorites: blonde, brunette, black, white, whatever. Kelli has always been extremely biased and unfair when someone is her favorite. i.e. the year Danielle got cut and Kelli kept her on the team. As far as black girls go, I think there is no doubt that Kellie loved Jackie Bob and Mia Greenhouse.

+Sasha Agent and Deryn Derbigny

2 hours ago, kerrieway said:

Maybe there are other good reasons for Kelli's opinion of Keyra but I would have appreciated the episode more if they told the truth and just said, "Keyra doesn't take direction well, she's not a team player, and doesn't have the attitude we think would be a good example of a vet, our team is more than about being a good dancer, it's the total package." IMO these reasons would ring truer than, "She was 5 minutes early for 1 appearance and late to another in her 10 months as a DCC."

What she said was: "She was late to our Christmas hospital visit appearance, and then she rushed in late to do our Star grand opening. So for me it's that am I sure she's going to be the veteran that I'm telling all these other girls to follow." Later, she said "Keyra didn't make it back because she was late to our hospital visit appearances, and punctuality and professionalism are more important for veteran consideration."

It wasn't like she was late to rehearsal a couple of times. Those were two (or more) big appearances. I think it's minimizing it a bit to call that "1 and a half tardies."  But the rest of what she said is pretty close to what you wish she'd said. Part of the total package/an exemplary vet is being on time and professional.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What I do believe is Judy and Kelli should not be taking the heat for her being cut or for letting the viewers and fans know she late at appearances. I just find it funny how posters want to know she did miss appearances and had a snotty nose attitude, but they do not want Kelli and Judy announcing it to the world. We cannot have it both ways. Plus the fact Keyra would have known if she tried out again the truth about her being late, possibly being told to get her act together or get cut, and other things would lead her to be cut.

Yep, yep, yep. I have no doubt that Kelli was VERY clear about how she felt about Keyra being late. Keyra clearly didn't get it back then, because she was late again. And she clearly doesn't get it now, because she STILL doesn't see that it was a problem.

2 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

I don't think Kelli is racist. I do think race plays into her decisions regarding the composition of the team. Like it or not, it's always a factor. There's always a magic number for diversity. Despite the regional demographics of Dallas, the DCC are on the world stage and it would look terrible to have a team made up entirely of blonde barbies.

I did some analysis on the 2005-2018 squads. The average number of women of color was 6.92, with the lowest at 5 in 2014 & 2015 and the highest last year, at 9*. It's clear to me that 5 is their minimum, and the mixture of races and ethnicities seems that they are looking at POC as a group, as opposed to having a minimum for each race/ethnicity by itself. But it is also clear that they will (and have) gone above 5 when the talent and other attributes are there. I don't know what number people would consider diverse enough, out of a team of 36, but I don't think there is a cap on the number of POC they will put on the team.

*I didn't post how I got to those numbers, for fear of boring the pants off everyone, but I'm happy to share them if anyone is interested.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

There is a difference, though, between foreign medical grads who are actual foreigners and went to school in their own country, and US citizens who go to medical school abroad because they can't get into a school here- and residency programs are certainly aware which category a candidate falls into.

Which isn't to say that Cersten wouldn't get a residency spot at all, but in a specialty as competitive as surgery? I'd be very surprised.

Totally agree

On her Insta about all she's said since she got there was one wearing a white doctors coat how she talked about how her new apartment had lacked electricity hot water and Internet. 

Cersten always rubbed me the wrong way with her kinda fraudulent past bragging about her part time health care jobs, I just found her delusional and arrogant.   And that's why I drag her on this Guadalajara thing ? 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Totally agree

On her Insta about all she's said since she got there was one wearing a white doctors coat how she talked about how her new apartment had lacked electricity hot water and Internet. 

Cersten always rubbed me the wrong way with her kinda fraudulent past bragging about her part time health care jobs, I just found her delusional and arrogant.   And that's why I drag her on this Guadalajara thing ? 

I totally get it. Once you find out that someone has exaggerated or straight up lied about something (like being a nurse vs working at a place that has patients), it's hard to believe stuff they say after that.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I totally get it. Once you find out that someone has exaggerated or straight up lied about something (like being a nurse vs working at a place that has patients), it's hard to believe stuff they say after that.

Especially when they are going into a profession where being unethical and incompetent can do a LOT of harm.  

Was Keyra a LSU tiger girl as well? I know she was good friends with Cersten but not sure if they were friends before DCC?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Especially when they are going into a profession where being unethical and incompetent can do a LOT of harm.  

Was Keyra a LSU tiger girl as well? I know she was good friends with Cersten but not sure if they were friends before DCC?

5b78b466edb2a_KeyraCersten.thumb.JPG.cbfcff67fd98b017da5f6a58acdd54f3.JPG

• Love 1

episode 3.

Keira and her high kick in the parking lot.  If she really didn'tknow why she was cut then maybe the episode airing on Thursday was how she found out leading to her impulsive response on SM.  -just a thought.  I am not excusing being late or trying to convince the world that it isnt a big deal just hate to see someone try to do damage control themselves and see it make them look worse. ⌚

I cant give an opinion on Victoria's solo because I would have to see it from start to finish and real time not pause and slow motion. I dont follow any of these girls so I am not familiar with her dance style.  I always love good lyrical solos though.  

Happy for Tess to get a little sass finally! 

I have to fast forward through the interview segment when I rewatch ?

I too appreciate the names underneath the girls when doing routine on the field but I do not appreciate the replacement music in the Amazon version. Terrible ?

Rachel is stunning and talented but I would like to see some of that pageant get stripped away and see what's underneath. 

I am not a fan of sex on a stick rectangle Meredith -their words, not mine.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

What she said was: "She was late to our Christmas hospital visit appearance, and then she rushed in late to do our Star grand opening. So for me it's that am I sure she's going to be the veteran that I'm telling all these other girls to follow." Later, she said "Keyra didn't make it back because she was late to our hospital visit appearances, and punctuality and professionalism are more important for veteran consideration.

I rewatched and you're right, that was Kelli's exact wording. I'm always willing to listen to the voice of reason so I looked up the Star grand opening at it appears it was March 29 - April 1. That's only about a month before tryouts and IMO would have still been fresh in Kelli's mind, especially with the Joneses there. I'm good with the tardiness explanation for these two big events under these circumstances. Do I think Keyra would have been cut for tardiness if they weren't a new group of black TCC who could replace her? Now I'd have to say yes. Because of your post I went to the DCC Squad photos and have to concede that there are 1 or 2 years from 2010 - present that there were only 2 or 3 black girls on the team. This leads me to believe that Kelli would've recommended Keyra be cut regardless. Thank you for your post.

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

episode 3.

Keira and her high kick in the parking lot.  If she really didn'tknow why she was cut then maybe the episode airing on Thursday was how she found out leading to her impulsive response on SM.  -just a thought.  I am not excusing being late or trying to convince the world that it isnt a big deal just hate to see someone try to do damage control themselves and see it make them look worse. ⌚

I cant give an opinion on Victoria's solo because I would have to see it from start to finish and real time not pause and slow motion. I dont follow any of these girls so I am not familiar with her dance style.  I always love good lyrical solos though.  

Happy for Tess to get a little sass finally! 

I have to fast forward through the interview segment when I rewatch ?

I too appreciate the names underneath the girls when doing routine on the field but I do not appreciate the replacement music in the Amazon version. Terrible ?

Rachel is stunning and talented but I would like to see some of that pageant get stripped away and see what's underneath. 

I am not a fan of sex on a stick rectangle Meredith -their words, not mine.

Keyra wasn't alone in doing kicks in the parking lot

• Love 7