Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Not sure why Laker Girl Sara wasn't taken into TC, the judges comments seemed really positive.

Laker Girl Sara didn't make it into training camp because she's fat. Thick in the middle and water weight in the legs. Good dance technique is not enough. I'm sorry, but if you don't have the right body type and you can't rock the DCC uniform, TPTB are not going to put a uniform on you. Nor should they.

Speaking of, I am so tired of Jenn K. and her "I could put a uniform on 10 of them" ego crap. You're not going to put a uniform on anyone, chickipoo, because you're not Kelli or Judy or Charlotte. Just teach everyone the damn combination and get over yourself.

Malena and her sweet smile are just beautiful. I hope she excels this season.

Rachel Wyatt--holy RBF, Batman. But she is so pretty. She's like a 1970s head-turner, one of those rescue-me-from-the-bad-guys beauties from a bygone era. And she seems wholesome, all American, loves God, loves country. That's good for the DCC, especially right now.

Jessika does not impress me at all. There is a correct answer to the question, "Do you think someone should use the NFL or DCC platform for their own agenda or goals?" She missed the boat. Also, that question and the "Why is the NFL important?" question are directly related. The DCC are ambassadors as well as entertainers, and they need to be savvy in understanding what being a part of the organization means both on the micro and the macro levels.

Meredith "I Wanna Be Sedated" Madden is rectangular in shape, as a judge pointed out. And the squad already has a dark-haired, light-eyed beauty in Molly, and she's great. so I'm glad MM didn't make it into training camp. Moving on.

Maddie's solo was great, partly because of the song (which I know from IG was Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body"). Good for her for bringing what she has to Finals.

Brianna B. is gorgeous and she looks fantastic this year. Love her.

Victoria looks really good in blue. I liked her Finals outfit.

More. Kitty. Carter. Please. Seriously, she could have her own show and I'd watch every week.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

My husband was given two weeks to live a week before Thanksgiving in 2000 after he was diagnosed with Acute Renal Failure. He was given two options: go home and you will die within two weeks. or be admitted into the hospital, start treatment, get him started on dialysis and get on the transplant list as soon as possible. He was on dialysis for a little over three years and receive a new kidney on April 27, 2004 from an amazing young woman (Krista.) You may have noticed I have discussed it on here before, and I always try to educate people about kidney disease and organ donation. I never thought about dialysis and transplants until my husband was diagnosed. Breaks my heart to know someone will die today because they cannot get a much needed organ or other type of transplant.

I’m glad your husband was able to receive a transplant. I agree, so many don’t get the chance. My sister had 2 heart transplants. Unfortunately she passed away recently due to an infection, not related to the transplant (other than having no immune system to keep her body from rejecting the heart). She lived 21 years with her first donor heart. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

But Judy is a) her mother not simply women in her orbit and b) cried when she made TC, a decision she wasn't a part of (officially) not simply because of a dance routine, that what we saw of was no better or worse than anyone elses.  Half of the panel bursting into tears over the passion and how heartfelt it was was just ridiculous

Totally agree. The Mom (Shelly, Tina, Judy) has every right to cry. That’s expected. But Brenda and Co.? No, that was whack. Marshall’s look said it all, so glad that got included in the edit.??

• Love 12
1 hour ago, HateWatcher said:

Had to re-watch Marshall. LMAO!

I think Brenda has been a judge for most of the time the show has been on TV.  She was a local DFW TV personality but now is on KTBS in Shreveport.  Here is a link to a piece she did on the DCC.  All about the auditions.

https://www.ktbs.com/news/arklatex-indepth/the-road-to-become-a-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders--/article_3da622a2-9f37-11e8-8109-9f5dbe55fb99.html

• Love 2

I’ve never been a big JennK fan, but her speech to the vets didn’t bother me that much. Motivation is good. She had seen the rookies and was warning them that they were up against strong talent. However, she lost my support the second she said “I could put a uniform on 10 of them today.” No you can’t. You don’t have that power. Move on with your life!

• Love 5

Ok, I may be the only one that feels like this. However, to me it seems like they were looking for a reason to cut Keyra! I can understand if she was late to every appearance but to me the punishment did not fit the crime. Didn't Kelli say she was late to one appearance and barely made it on time to another.  Jordan was late to a GAME and she still got to perform pre-game (because it would have messed up formations) but I believe her only punishment was to sit in the locker room the entire game. Also, didn't Jordan try out again the following year and made it back... There may be other reasons like attitude that only the insiders know about but an attitude to me is subjective. I can only go on the reason Kelli gave and that is that she was late or barely made it on time to some appearances. IMO if TPTB knew that she did not have a chance in hell of making it back (due to being tardy) no matter how good her interview/solo were they should have told her dont bother coming back. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, sugarplum said:

I’ve never been a big JennK fan, but her speech to the vets didn’t bother me that much. Motivation is good. She had seen the rookies and was warning them that they were up against strong talent. However, she lost my support the second she said “I could put a uniform on 10 of them today.” No you can’t. You don’t have that power. Move on with your life!

to be fair to her, we've no idea if she's literally told by K&J to say that to the girls, or CMT to provide drama for the show and fear in the vets

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Girl, no. 

This “CMT has pull over auditions” narrative could not be further from the truth. Truly. 

Shelly Bramhall made that very clear. 

Just now, ElenaFR said:

More Marshall and Kitty!!!!

Gosh yes!!!

• Love 2

Meredith is pretty and Kelli loved her until she spoke. She sounded stoned, not to mention the over the top vocal fry. It just goes to show that you can be as pretty as all get out, but you still need personality to back it up

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Ok, I may be the only one that feels like this. However, to me it seems like they were looking for a reason to cut Keyra! I can understand if she was late to every appearance but to me the punishment did not fit the crime. Didn't Kelli say she was late to one appearance and barely made it on time to another.  Jordan was late to a GAME and she still got to perform pre-game (because it would have messed up formations) but I believe her only punishment was to sit in the locker room the entire game. Also, didn't Jordan try out again the following year and made it back... There may be other reasons like attitude that only the insiders know about but an attitude to me is subjective. i can only go on the reason Kelli gave and that is that she was late or barely made it on time to some appearances. IMO if TPTB knew that she did not have a chance in hell of making it back (due to being tardy) no matter how good her interview/solo were they should have told her dont bother  coming back. 

its like when they cut Kat. her dress wasn't the best choice but when your work uniform is less than a yard of fabric and she wasn't showing clevage or ass but just her waist, them never shutting up about it read as very false to me. they wanted to cut her and that was their excuse

• Love 14
Just now, CaseyRe said:

to be fair to her, we've no idea if she's literally told by K&J to say that to the girls, or CMT to provide drama for the show and fear in the vets

This is true, but it easily could have been said as “there are 10 girls that can wear the uniform today”. It’s the “I can put them in it” that is so offputting. 

• Love 4

Ok if they don't open the spoiler thread back up soon....someone is going to eventually make the mistake of making spoiler comments in the non spoiler threads....and knowing MY luck, it will probably be me ....

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

This is true, but it easily could have been said as “there are 10 girls that can wear the uniform today”. It’s the “I can put them in it” that is so offputting. 

Sometimes I feel like they are grooming JenK to take either J or K's job one day. I have a feeling that she will be around for a long time in some capacity.

Just now, Kayce said:

Ok if they don't open the spoiler thread back up soon....someone is going to eventually make the mistake of making spoiler comments in the non spoiler threads....and knowing MY luck, it will probably be me ....

Agreed. I just did and had to remembered "wrong thread" right b4 I saved it. lol

• Love 3
Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

Sometimes I feel like they are grooming JenK to take either J or K's job one day. I have a feeling that she will be around for a long time in some capacity.

I do too...I could see her taking over for Judy when Judy finally has had her fill.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kayce said:

already been done for me. i now know one girl who doesn't make it which i could have guessed but didn't need or want to be told

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Shelly Bramhall made that very clear. 

Gosh yes!!!

I am talking about which order the girls are called. If they can have the scene where Kelli goes in front of the girls auditioning before Prelims are started film more than once because they want the girls to be more excited when they see Kelli, then they can have Kelli announced who makes it to TC in certain order. They even film more than once the girls' reactions to being called to TC because they want the girls to act more surprised and excited. Phil has been filmed more than once bringing out the board because CMT wants the girls to be more excited when they finally see Phil. It is called ratings and drama to keep the fans and viewers glued to their seats and watching the entire episode.

4 minutes ago, Kayce said:

A spoiler is out which is a bummer for those that resisted all this time.  

Yes, open the Spoiler thread please!!!

• Love 5
Just now, CaseyRe said:

already been done for me. i now know one girl who doesn't make it which i could have guessed but didn't need or want to be told

I'm one of those "need to know" kind of people. But I don't want to mess anything up for anybody who doesn't want to know :) 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

eh that doesn't bother me much because it's probably how most people would word it the 'i can see 10 girls that could be put in the uniform today' feeling

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Maven said:

Laker Girl Sara didn't make it into training camp because she's fat. Thick in the middle and water weight in the legs. Good dance technique is not enough. I'm sorry, but if you don't have the right body type and you can't rock the DCC uniform, TPTB are not going to put a uniform on you. Nor should they.

Speaking of, I am so tired of Jenn K. and her "I could put a uniform on 10 of them" ego crap. You're not going to put a uniform on anyone, chickipoo, because you're not Kelli or Judy or Charlotte. Just teach everyone the damn combination and get over yourself.

Malena and her sweet smile are just beautiful. I hope she excels this season.

Rachel Wyatt--holy RBF, Batman. But she is so pretty. She's like a 1970s head-turner, one of those rescue-me-from-the-bad-guys beauties from a bygone era. And she seems wholesome, all American, loves God, loves country. That's good for the DCC, especially right now.

Jessika does not impress me at all. There is a correct answer to the question, "Do you think someone should use the NFL or DCC platform for their own agenda or goals?" She missed the boat. Also, that question and the "Why is the NFL important?" question are directly related. The DCC are ambassadors as well as entertainers, and they need to be savvy in understanding what being a part of the organization means both on the micro and the macro levels.

Meredith "I Wanna Be Sedated" Madden is rectangular in shape, as a judge pointed out. And the squad already has a dark-haired, light-eyed beauty in Molly, and she's great. so I'm glad MM didn't make it into training camp. Moving on.

Maddie's solo was great, partly because of the song (which I know from IG was Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body"). Good for her for bringing what she has to Finals.

Brianna B. is gorgeous and she looks fantastic this year. Love her.

Victoria looks really good in blue. I liked her Finals outfit.

More. Kitty. Carter. Please. Seriously, she could have her own show and I'd watch every week.

Yeah I wouldn’t call her fat, but she certainly isn’t in the best shape.  I wasn’t impressed w/ the looks of either or the two former Laker girls.   Sara was/is kind of cute and a good dancer, but I don’t think that one that made camp is attractive at all.  I thought the Laker girls had really high appearance standards?  Maybe not anymore?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

A spoiler is out which is a bummer for those that resisted all this time.  

Yes, open the Spoiler thread please!!!

exactly, and honestly Im not best pleased about it. the poster could at least delete it or even apologise for it but so far...

• Love 1

Ok, I never thought I would say this, but VK made me a believer last night. IMO I think she is a GR8 dancer in her own style and I was wishing they showed her entire solo. I kept rewinding it. She had several of those judges in tears and that is something. If it were just Kelli crying then I would prob think differently but it was the AA judge behind her (sorry cant remember her name). I honestly felt VK humility for the first time on screen. I think there is way more to VK than meets the eye, but like other TCC/DCC we only get to see what CMT wants us to see. I think she is just an 18 year old kid trying to figure it out. I'm just glad that someone is being honest about how she can overall improve and not just blowing sunshine up her hoohah! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Ok, I never thought I would say this, but VK made me a believer last night. IMO I think she is a GR8 dancer in her own style and I was wishing they showed her entire solo. I kept rewinding it. She had several of those judges in tears and that is something. If it were just Kelli crying then I would prob think differently but it was the AA judge behind her (sorry cant remember her name). I honestly felt VK humility for the first time on screen. I think there is way more to VK than meets the eye, but like other TCC/DCC we only get to see what CMT wants us to see. I think she is just an 18 year old kid trying to figure it out. I'm just glad that someone is being honest about how she can overall improve and not just blowing sunshine up her hoohah! 

from the way Brenda was going on about being 'so proud of her' I got the feeling maybe she knows Tina? because that seemed kinda personal to me but could be wrong

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

eh that doesn't bother me much because it's probably how most people would word it the 'i can see 10 girls that could be put in the uniform today' feeling

But that’s better than what she said! If she had phrased it like you, I would t have batted an eye. Haha. Unless I misheard (which is possible - I had a sleepless toddler I was rocking while trying to watch), she said “there are 10 girls I can put in the uniform right now”. It’s the “I can do it” that rubbed me the wrong way. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it definitely didn’t make me think very highly of her when I heard it. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Ok, I may be the only one that feels like this. However, to me it seems like they were looking for a reason to cut Keyra! I can understand if she was late to every appearance but to me the punishment did not fit the crime. Didn't Kelli say she was late to one appearance and barely made it on time to another.  Jordan was late to a GAME and she still got to perform pre-game (because it would have messed up formations) but I believe her only punishment was to sit in the locker room the entire game. Also, didn't Jordan try out again the following year and made it back... There may be other reasons like attitude that only the insiders know about but an attitude to me is subjective. i can only go on the reason Kelli gave and that is that she was late or barely made it on time to some appearances. IMO if TPTB knew that she did not have a chance in hell of making it back (due to being tardy) no matter how good her interview/solo were they should have told her dont bother  coming back. 

I agree. Keyra had too much flavor and was not an ethnic Barbie. Kelli and company don't want to get sued #cheerleadingwhileblack

Edited by HateWatcher
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

But that’s better than what she said! If she had phrased it like you, I would t have batted an eye. Haha. Unless I misheard (which is possible - I had a sleepless toddler I was rocking while trying to watch), she said “there are 10 girls I can put in the uniform right now”. It’s the “I can do it” that rubbed me the wrong way. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it definitely didn’t make me think very highly of her when I heard it. 

everyone interprets differently. i just saw it as 'i could put 10 of those girls in dcc uniform and send them out and people wouldn't be able to tell they're not dcc' rather than 'i have the absolute power to actually make those girls dcc

• Love 13
1 minute ago, HateWatcher said:

I agree. Keyra had too much flavor and was not a ethnic Barbie. Kelli and company don't want to get sued #cheerleadingwhileblack

If Kelli and Charlotte are so racist, why do they take Keyra instead of Taryn and Brennan who are white on last year's squad.

34 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

first, thanks for spoiling that for me and second, she's 18, she's not a child.

Even if she deletes the original spoiler post, your post quotes it so it would still be there for others to be spoiled. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I have been on the fence about VK, but I thought her solo was beautiful.  She clearly has the lyrical down.  I think she has control issues with Pom, which can be fixed in TC.  As far as her attitude, she is an excited 18 year old who is living her dream.  I am sure I was a PITA when I was 18, and thought I knew it all, so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and will see how TC plays out.  Her mother, on the other hand . . .

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Christineelgene said:

I have been on the fence about VK, but I thought her solo was beautiful.  She clearly has the lyrical down.  I think she has control issues with Pom, which can be fixed in TC.  As far as her attitude, she is an excited 18 year old who is living her dream.  I am sure I was a PITA when I was 18, and thought I knew it all, so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and will see how TC plays out.  Her mother, on the other hand . . .

Agreed. Her mother on the other hand needs to tone it down several notches. I understand that she is excited for VK but she does not have to be embarrassing. It's not the Tina show!!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Even if she deletes the original spoiler post, your post quotes it so it would still be there for others to be spoiled. 

no it isn't. it looks like they're both gone.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If Kelli and Charlotte are so racist, why do they take Keyra instead of Taryn and Brennan who are white on last year's squad.

Firecracker, amazingly talented dancer, big personality, hate to say this ... quota. Don't want to spoil, but she was replaced by a few ethnic Barbies this year.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Agreed. Her mother on the other hand needs to tone it down several notches. I understand that she is excited for VK but she does not have to be embarrassing. It's not the Tina show!!

In the first episode, when they are in the car, Tina is screaming and VK has her face buried in her hands.  That spoke volumes to me.  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Girl, no. 

This “CMT has pull over auditions” narrative could not be further from the truth. Truly. 

Well, not only that but several insiders have already verified KaShara was called second to last to teach her a lesson about the weight gain.  

I think some of the frustration regarding spoilers is that a lot of posters don't read the other threads, so they only know what they have seen on the episode threads.  Meanwhile, there are a lot of us who already know how the season will play out, why it will play out that way and other assorted bits of insider info.  Sometimes there is a comment made by a "non-spoiled" poster and the rest of us are biting our tongues.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Christineelgene said:

In the first episode, when they are in the car, Tina is screaming and VK has her face buried in her hands.  That spoke volumes to me.  

Their storyline is Honey Boo Boo meets DCC.

• Love 18
Just now, HateWatcher said:

Firecracker, amazingly talented dancer, big personality, hate to say this ... quota. Don't want to spoil, but she was replaced by a few ethnic Barbies this year.

Someone who was late to two appearances, had a snotty attitude leading to Kelli and other girls not caring for her, running around with other self centered and entitled girls aka Jenna, Erica and Cersten. Kalyssa was cut for missing one appearance, so I can see why Kelli, Judy and Charlotte wanted to cut their losses with Keyra especially with all the drama from last season.

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

If Kelli (with probable prodding from Charlotte) will purposely embarrass her former favorite, Kashara, in a passive aggressive way for being heavy (DCC Cardinal sin #1), do people really doubt that she may not have made it clear to Keyra that her tardiness (DCC Cardinal sin #2) would get her cut? 

Kelli is excellent at marketing, building a team, spotting talent, promotion, etc, but she has some terrible managerial habits. You shouldn’t be embarrassing your employees as punishment for not being skinny. You shouldn’t be holding past discretion’s in your back pocket. If it’s a fireable offense now, then it should’ve been when it first happened. You shouldn’t be fawning all over your best friend’s daughter to the point where it’s embarrassing... This is basic stuff.

With all of the transgressions from last year with Holly, Jenna and Erica, add in Alexandria, Kalyssa and Milan leaving, they probably felt they could not afford, at the time, to let Keyra go.  I think if there wasn’t so much upheaval last year, Keyra may have been cut, especially the second time.

• Love 15

With respect to everyone's opinion. I feel like I must say this again, an attitude problem is subjective and because I have never met Keyra or any of the DCC I can only speak on the ONLY reason Kelli gave for cutting Keyra and it was not her attitude problem. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Keyra-------that's the same attitude that did not come across well last season

Yep! Last year many of us picked up on her bad attitude from the show alone. Glad to see we know what we're talking about!

4 hours ago, dbell1 said:

With last year's mess in TC and the way Kashara stepped up, it's surprising that they did something like this. Weight can come off easily. You can't replace a leader like her. Not saying she shouldn't be held to the same standards as everyone else, but knowing it happened makes me sad for her. 

These little games they play with the girls are so unprofessional and completely contradict the "world class, we are sisters" persona they try to put out. The fact that the three of them sat in the locker room and purposely put KaShara's card at the bottom of the stack is just gross. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Someone who was late to two appearances, had a snotty attitude leading to Kelli and other girls not caring for her, running around with other self centered and entitled girls aka Jenna, Erica and Cersten. Kalyssa was cut for missing one appearance, so I can see why Kelli, Judy and Charlotte wanted to cut their losses with Keyra especially with all the drama from last season.

Morgan was late for her panel interview arrival time, and did not make it back to her second season.  Kellie makes it clear every year that punctuality is key, so it should not be a surprise.  DFW traffic sucks, so you just leave in plenty of time and take a book.  

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

With all of the transgressions from last year with Holly, Jenna and Erica, add in Alexandria, Kalyssa and Milan leaving, they probably felt they could not afford, at the time, to let Keyra go.  I think if there wasn’t so much upheaval last year, Keyra may have been cut, especially the second time.

I see your point, however they have enough All Stars to fill in when they have issues with the current DCC. So, I agree with Jess14, if it was a cardinal sin and enough to be fired over now, she should have been fired then.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

All the reason why I think Kelli should have recused herself. Let VK succeed or fail on her own, without the benefit of her "second mom" making excuses for her. Which is exactly what we are seeing play out.

yes. I think it is time that DCC and perhaps the organization draft a legacy/nepotism policy. Before they find themselves in hot water.

Kelli & Judy cheered for what - 6 yrs...and then worked for the Cowboys for 25+. That is alot of offspring who they are close too - been to their christenings, dance recitals, family gatherings, graduation, heard accolades, etc.

Do any of the current legacy candidates have dancing siblings? 

• Love 1