Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Thought it had been said in an article that Pole was working at a k9 kennel and assumed maybe that's what the vest was for.  

Not getting how Jesse went from needing Security to be around her to they'd be fine after working out a few things. Idiots.  

How do Marta and Algeria skype or talk on the phone if neither speaks the other's language? 

Angela is a vile mess.  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Thought it had been said in an article that Pole was working at a k9 kennel and assumed maybe that's what the vest was for.  

Not getting how Jesse went from needing Security to be around her to they'd be fine after working out a few things. Idiots.  

How do Marta and Algeria skype or talk on the phone if neither speaks the other's language? 

Angela is a vile mess.  

I think they use a translating app,like Paul and Karine.

If Paul and Karine were married over there, she never comes to the US (let’s say they divorce over there too), and she has a child .... would it be an American citizen? I would think not. If Paul returns to the US, how would child support be decided and by which country? How would an order be enforced? Anyone have experience with  this situation?

3 hours ago, iwasish said:

If Paul and Karine were married over there, she never comes to the US (let’s say they divorce over there too), and she has a child .... would it be an American citizen? I would think not. If Paul returns to the US, how would child support be decided and by which country? How would an order be enforced? Anyone have experience with  this situation?

If Paul is the child’s legal father the child would be a USC (born abroad- via having a USC Parent); but a USC all the same. 

Edited by Scarlett45
AZchristian corrected me.
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, renatae said:

This woman is nuts. How on earth can a person who is Catholic and claims it is important to her think

things that people who are very serious about their Christian faith should not do:  1.  Have not 1 but 2 children out of wedlock.  2.  Be a stripper.  3.  Go to fortune tellers (I know that was her mom, but mom is Catholic too).

8 hours ago, Saje81 said:

Good lord. Watching Pole lumber around in his bulletproof vest, whining into his phone app makes me want to puke. I stacked 2.5 cord of firewood today. Pole is younger than me and can’t walk up slight grades on the street without straining. What a sorry excuse for a man. 

This is the one thing I give him a pass for because, for all we know, we has a terrible back problem.  It would explain a lot in regards to his posture and old-man gait.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Wtf is wrong with him? He's got a problem sharing food with new family? I mean, it'd one thing if they were constantly eating you out of house and home but geez.

He's doing all the cooking, cleaning, and shopping, and ponying up all the money, while the overgrown toddler HE CHOSE to marry and join in utter poverty lazes about and tells him to **** himself, although she seems to be able to rouse herself to hang out with the brothers or cry to Mom. He comes home hungry and all their food is gone, with no notice or apology.  I kind of get it.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

If Paul is the child’s legal father the child would be a USC (born abroad); but a USC all the same. Just couldn’t run for president. . 

Ummmm . . . John McCain was born in Panama.

Also (last post I'll make in this thread, but this is appropriate here):  I'm in AZ, so I don't get to watch the show while the Live Thread is hopping.  But I read along anyway, so that if something "good" is about to come up, I can tap Mr. AZC (who is usually sleeping on the couch next to me) and say, "Wake up . . . this is gonna be good!"

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Ummmm . . . John McCain was born in Panama.

Also (last post I'll make in this thread, but this is appropriate here):  I'm in AZ, so I don't get to watch the show while the Live Thread is hopping.  But I read along anyway, so that if something "good" is about to come up, I can tap Mr. AZC (who is usually sleeping on the couch next to me) and say, "Wake up . . . this is gonna be good!"

Yes yes you’re right. A naturalized citizen cannot run for president, but a USC due to a USC Parent (even if born abroad) can. I will amend thank you!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tuneful said:

He's doing all the cooking, cleaning, and shopping, and ponying up all the money, while the overgrown toddler HE CHOSE to marry and join in utter poverty lazes about and tells him to **** himself, although she seems to be able to rouse herself to hang out with the brothers or cry to Mom. He comes home hungry and all their food is gone, with no notice or apology.  I kind of get it.  

Now that they are married his money is hers.  She even said that to him. I can see why Paul upset, but he should be upset at Karine, not her brother.  She should know Paul’s funds are limited and that the food was to last several days. I think that in her passive aggressive way she allowed the brother and his friends to eat it all. It was a fuck you to Paul.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

Wasnt he born on a US military base though... I think that is the one exception to the rule

If my child is born abroad, is my child a U.S. citizen?

Your child may be a U.S. citizen if you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act to transmit citizenship. 

What are the requirements to transmit citizenship?

If one parent is not a U.S. citizen, the U.S. citizen parent must have lived in the United States for a specific period of time before the child was born to transmit citizenship. For children born on or after November 14, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have lived in the United States or an outlying possession for five years, of which two years had to be after the age of 14, prior to the birth of the child. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I’m cracking up at the “aggressive” girl with no money nor transportation who forced her lips on Michael’s penis. 

Yeah I bet men just hate it when lips accidentally end up on their penis. And Ang, get age appropriate attire. Even your daughter wouldn't look good in the tiny tops you wear. 

Edited by JunkFoodTV
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I can't take another week of Darcey and Jesse. 

Jesse:  I'M DONE. I'M OUT OF HERE.

Darcey:  I just want love.

Jesse:  I CAN'T BE IN A RELATIONSHIP LIKE THIS. I'M DONE.

Narrator:  *He was in fact, not done.*

Is it bad that I heard the Narrator's voice as Ron Howard from "Arrested Development?"

• Love 6
On 9/17/2018 at 12:55 AM, Real Eyes said:

I am ethnically Ukrainian.

Vitayemo, fellow Uke!   I can attest to the overdoing of food, by both my grandmothers.  From what was served, to what was given to take home, it was copious amounts of food.  That has to be something Pole never experienced.  Gee, funny how that works, that you don't really know the person YOU MARRIED!!  how's that translator app working now, big guy??

• Love 2

Checking in with my lady love and three bottles of wine. Drinking game time and shot glasses from around the world.

I really hope Rachel doesn't spend the next two hours talking about how unfair it is that the universe is conspiring to block their love.

• Love 2