Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Who the hell is Molly Jr's father to question or judge the "quality" of anyone?  He doesn't even have the most basic of table manners.  Sitting there smacking and talking with food in his mouth.  What a pig.  

Oh and newflash Daddy Hawg...if the milk & honey in the country aren't to your liking, feel free to happity ass back to SamWah.

I think what he is saying about milk and honey is that you still have to work, there’s no free lunch. 

I didn’t think that was an unreasonable statement. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lucy711 said:

Good point, but I somewhat get that as a kitschy Vegas thing.  It's like having seashells around if you have a shore house... I guess...

I live in Vegas and I don't have a slot machine in my kitchen or my dining area.  It's in the guest bathroom where it belongs.  Just kidding.  

i don't know anyone that has a slot machine in their house.  Especially an old, outdated one like Colt has.  He is just a big ole' weirdo.  And a creepy one at that.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, renatae said:
3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Eric should have gotten a couple paper plates and silverware so they could cut it up and each have their own slice of sandwich  on a plate instead of having to claw at it. He doesn't strike me as the thoughtful type, he will keep up an act for the family but once they are alone he will drop the pretenses.

If it's this bad when most people are trying to make a good impression, I shudder to think about what will follow

Hi All, I'm late to the party.  I can't BELIEVE I'm going to actually defend Eric but here goes.  If you are uncertain if people will like a specific food buying a small amount to taste first is a very sensible idea (also, they are in Reading Terminal Market - you could probably gain 50 pounds eating your way around the place.)  So it's possible they bought more food later but it wasn't shown. 

He did ask the person making the sandwich to cut it into 4 pieces so they weren't ripping it apart with their hands - they usually only cut it down the middle and I noticed the extra knife cuts - even if I couldn't swear they were on the bias.  And while I can indeed appreciate the plates, - I who - like Jesse actually eats pizza with a knife and fork - have never once used silverware on a cheesesteak.  Every person I've ever seen eat it, simply picks it up with their hands and eats it.

• Love 5

I like this Stephen kid, but like most 20 year olds about real life, he’s dumb as a post.  This is going to be a real rude awakening once he learns there’s a zero percent chance of him leaving Russia with his kid unless she’s in tow, and it looks like Olga’s family has some dinero to get pregnancy pics done so looks like sonny boy might have to set up shop in mother Russia.  Wonder how easy it is to get unemployment there.  If they come back together, her family will be marking days down on her calendar for the big day once Olga is able to sponsor them to come on over to the land of milk and honey.

kalanis dad, wow what a jerk. And she sets no boundaries with him, just letting him steamroll the Samoan deer in the headlights. And how unrealistic, this dude raised chickens and never lived in a house with walls and she expects him to know how to raise a child? I’d be surprised if he knew how to read coming from a background like that. Jesus, wasn’t there a Pauly shore movie like this? Clueless.  Her father, it’s tragic, the only one bringing a world of hurt to this situation is him.  This is the most effed up family as most of what’s going here is subtext.

looking forward to Eric and dolt providing the comic relief tonite.  Love to see a cat fight between norms mom and sugar mama.  As for a Eric, the control freak sister and her brutally direct, unemotional assessments of leida are priceless.  I’d love if they can separate the two and ask Leida what she thinks of her, I’d want to strangle her.  What a suffocating environment, no wonder she has no idea who she is or what she wants to do.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

Any sign of Sgt. Baker yet?  I hope he and his entire family weren't killed in a water heater explosion.

ICYMI, I happen to work at USAA.  Not in the marketing department, so it’s not my fault.  But can we say that Sgt. Baker has suffered enough?  There’s more than enough ridiculousness in the actual show.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, toodles said:

I live in Vegas and I don't have a slot machine in my kitchen or my dining area.  It's in the guest bathroom where it belongs.  Just kidding.  

i don't know anyone that has a slot machine in their house.  Especially an old, outdated one like Colt has.  He is just a big ole' weirdo.  And a creepy one at that.

The slot machine is a gift from his dead father to his mother.  Based on that, I understand why she keeps it.

57 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

"The milk is expensive and the honey don't taste so sweet."   He's a dick.

That confirms what I heard.  You have to work, because there is no free lunch.  Not exactly what is meant in the OT, but that's what I understood.

Re Kalani's lack of emotion - I think she is a very private person, and the cameras around probably stunt her emotions.  I think she is doing this show strictly for the cash.  She is not an attention whore, and I don't think she is looking for a reality tv career.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Was it the holiday season when this was filmed?  Otherwise having the snowmen out is really bizarre.

I live in AZ - similar climate to LV - and I collect Jim Shore figurines.  One of the display units in our (very hot in summer) Arizona room is used exclusively for my Shore Santas, nativities, and Christmas Carol figurines.  And it's there all year long.  There's only one angel figurine in the living room, though.

9 hours ago, toodles said:

My sister was stationed in Fallon,  Nevada when she was in the service and sent me a miniature slot machine as a gift. It accepted money and paid out. About  15 inches high and nicely made.  I kept it in my office at work as a conversation piece. 

I wouldn’t want a full size one though!! But who knows the reason or sentimentality behind the gift. Her  dead hubby gave it to her, Larissa should respect that.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Russia Baby is coming! 

Everybody to get from street!

EE-MARE-GEN-CEE!

13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"E-MARE-GENCEE!" 

Oh, you beat me to it, lol. By about 12 hours. :) One of my all time favorite scenes!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, scatteroflight said:

I like this Stephen kid, but like most 20 year olds about real life, he’s dumb as a post.  This is going to be a real rude awakening once he learns there’s a zero percent chance of him leaving Russia with his kid unless she’s in tow, and it looks like Olga’s family has some dinero to get pregnancy pics done so looks like sonny boy might have to set up shop in mother Russia.  Wonder how easy it is to get unemployment there.  If they come back together, her family will be marking days down on her calendar for the big day once Olga is able to sponsor them to come on over to the land of milk and honey.

Why do you think Olga comes from money? She said last night that she's lived in orphanages. Her room in that shared apartment was a total hovel. She had no money for baby things. The photos may have been comped for free promotion on the show or something, but I don't think she comes from anything great.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, iwasish said:

Did Larissa just say Colt has a low sex drive?

if so, she just lost the one major advantage she had over his mom. 

I am shocked that Colt has any sex drive, since he appears to have been neutered somewhere along the line; but in all fairness, can you imagine having sex while THAT mother is in the next room, probably with a glass held to the wall so she can make sure Larissa doesn’t hurt him? That would be enough for any “man” to lose his desire.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, HeNeedsSomeMilk said:

It isn't like the coconut collecting business is all that lucrative these days.

Hmmm... I guess I'm altogether too rational but if I had a child on the way I would get a job or two to help pay the bills.

46 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Hmmm... I guess I'm altogether too rational but if I had a child on the way I would get a job or two to help pay the bills.

Maybe like Indonesia, men are not required to pay child support ?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Hi All, I'm late to the party.  I can't BELIEVE I'm going to actually defend Eric but here goes.  If you are uncertain if people will like a specific food buying a small amount to taste first is a very sensible idea (also, they are in Reading Terminal Market - you could probably gain 50 pounds eating your way around the place.)  So it's possible they bought more food later but it wasn't shown. 

He did ask the person making the sandwich to cut it into 4 pieces so they weren't ripping it apart with their hands - they usually only cut it down the middle and I noticed the extra knife cuts - even if I couldn't swear they were on the bias.  And while I can indeed appreciate the plates, - I who - like Jesse actually eats pizza with a knife and fork - have never once used silverware on a cheesesteak.  Every person I've ever seen eat it, simply picks it up with their hands and eats it.

That's not ediquite babe 

Work on that and get back to me

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

That's not ediquite babe 

It was more his presentation that came across as assholish. It would have been nicer if he took them on a tour of the most popular food court items that are uniquely “Philadelphian” and bought several of their choices to share. He basically unceremoniously dumped the sandwich in front of them. I doubt it cost more than 12 bucks. 

Personally, I would have been insulted. The money is the least of it. Had he provided plates, forks and some drinks (even just an empty cup and directions to a water fountain!!) it would have helped. Then he could have served them and shared the story about the legendary “feud” between Geno’s and Pat’s.  That’s how you make people feel welcome and impress them. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

That's not ediquite babe 

You never loved me!  You ruin everything!

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

It was more his presentation that came across as assholish. It would have been nicer if he took them on a tour of the most popular food court items that are uniquely “Philadelphian” and bought several of their choices to share. He basically unceremoniously dumped the sandwich in front of them. I doubt it cost more than 12 bucks

I get it, as I said, I appreciate plates.   But given that he's also a tourist he might not know what items are "Philadelphian" as the place is huge.  And, I could be misremembering but I think it is not laid out with all the prepared food vendors all together.  I'm VERY annoyed that I felt the need to defend him on any level (because on MANY other things he is really indefensible) but he is dealing with a woman who wanted chicken porridge? for breakfast.  Miss "Put it in Proper" could very well have been of no help in the food selection.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

You never loved me!  You ruin everything!

I get it, as I said, I appreciate plates.   But given that he's also a tourist he might not know what items are "Philadelphian" as the place is huge.  And, I could be misremembering but I think it is not laid out with all the prepared food vendors all together.  I'm VERY annoyed that I felt the need to defend him on any level (because on MANY other things he is really indefensible) but he is dealing with a woman who wanted chicken porridge? for breakfast.  Miss "Put it in Proper" could very well have been of no help in the food selection.

If nothing else, follow the nose!!! Walk around , see what others are eating, ask for advice, tell people it’s Leida and Reina’s first time there and what should they try... the locals love to help, I bet even the vendors would give them small tastes to try, there might even have been Indonesian food!!

Leida might not be impressed but Reina might!!

if he rented a place they usually leave pamphlets etc for guests.

But Eric just can’t be bothered. Does he really think that selfish twit his dick craves  is going to sacrifice all she has or can get from another horny 40 plus guy, to live in the squalor that is Eric’s hovel?

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
On 11/4/2018 at 8:31 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I love Colt’s cats. 

Look at that furry fluffy baby girl Cookie Dough. I don’t let my cats in the bedroom though. 

“Don’t fat shame my cat!” Omg I’m dying. 

Yes she’s fat, but I still love her. 

I know cats jump on kitchen counters, but how did the cat get on the closet shelf? Can they jump that high?

I've got a co-worker w/cats. There's always cat hair all over her clothes. Yuck.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I know cats jump on kitchen counters, but how did the cat get on the closet shelf? Can they jump that high?

I've got a co-worker w/cats. There's always cat hair all over her clothes. Yuck.

Cats(especially young ones) can jump very high. Blake (whos now 13) used to climb on TOP of the kitchen cabinet in his younger years (almost to the ceiling). 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Cats(especially young ones) can jump very high. Blake (whos now 13) used to climb on TOP of the kitchen cabinet in his younger years (almost to the ceiling). 

OMGoodness!  Not for me! Plus, I've seen pics of people's cats on their keyboards or knocking things over on their computers. Nope. If the cat doesn't have a job to pay for broken stuff, the cat needs to go live elsewhere.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, aliya said:

OMGoodness!  Not for me! Plus, I've seen pics of people's cats on their keyboards or knocking things over on their computers. Nope. If the cat doesn't have a job to pay for broken stuff, the cat needs to go live elsewhere.

LOL that's how I feel about kids.

We have three (cats, not kids, thank god), and I'm very careful about making sure cat hair is not on my work clothes. Thankfully they're not interested in the closet, and we don't leave clothes lying around. I'm going to be even more paranoid when I start a new job that requires even fancier clothes soon.

• Love 6
On 11/4/2018 at 9:07 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Kalani says that because she wants her parents to forbid the match. She does not want to marry Asuelu. 

. She probably figures if they say no, she is off the hook. In her mind, she can't be blamed for not "trying" to involve the father and she doesn't have to go through with a marriage she doesn't want.

• Love 3
On 11/4/2018 at 10:46 PM, iwasish said:

Maybe he figured the doctor would support him and he could play stay at home daddy to Aless?

If that’s his expectation, he’s gonna be waiting a LONG time. I know she supposedly went to medical school, but it didn’t sound like she’s done residency, so that’s 3 years minimum right there. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RoadFullOfPromise said:

If that’s his expectation, he’s gonna be waiting a LONG time. I know she supposedly went to medical school, but it didn’t sound like she’s done residency, so that’s 3 years minimum right there. 

I think Canada supposedly is one of the countries where she can practice, so maybe they'll move there.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, monagatuna said:

We have three (cats, not kids, thank god), and I'm very careful about making sure cat hair is not on my work clothes. Thankfully they're not interested in the closet, and we don't leave clothes lying around. I'm going to be even more paranoid when I start a new job that requires even fancier clothes soon.

Ditto. I’m also childfree! Cats do have a job. Best natural pest control you’ll ever have (which is why they were domesticated in the first place). 

My bedroom/closet is a cat free zone, so I don’t have cat hair all over my clothes. I wouldn’t lounge around the house in work clothes anyway (I’m a lawyer). 

8 hours ago, magemaud said:

He couldn’t even stop for Leida to get a free sample of Wisconsin cheddar. 

The Cheese Castle is the first place I stopped on a wild weekend road trip that started in Chicago.  Had my first fried cheese curds and Wisconsin Cheddar, I thought it is illegal NOT to eat cheese at the border, lol.

I am not sure how but Leida and Company have seen less of the US in a 15 hour drive then had she stayed in her country...way to go Eric.

I always enjoy watching BWI on TV, Ashley and Too Young Jay cruising thru the customs doors on the E Pier I was looking for people I used to work with, Ashley had a two hour drive home, how did they go the whole way without stopping to have sex on the side of the road? LOL.

Larissa the Real Doll should not unpack or pick out a sofa from Craigslist, she should go home and start over again...Vegas Baby has serial killer written all of him.  That calm, quiet controlling way about him is creepy.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I think Canada supposedly is one of the countries where she can practice, so maybe they'll move there.

Eric won’t move out if the country because he’s a PATRIOT!! USA!USA!USA! Ugh.

Plus, Leida strikes me as lazy.  I doubt she actually wants to ever have a job. She expects to be taken care of. Did she ever pick the wrong guy.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

If she’s a sample of Canadian doctors, I’ll do my best to avoid getting ill if I’m ever up there. Can you imagine her screaming at some poor nurse trying to set up an IV” Put it in Proper!!!”

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

Supposedly is right. Unless she's completed a residency here, how exactly does she have a license to practice medicine? And did she upgrade her degree here? As far as I know, unless medical schools have reciprocities people can't just come here and get a residency and even Canadian trained grads aren't guaranteed a residency. She really needs to explain her credentials, and until she does I'm calling BS on her claims. Personally, I'm thinking she named Canada as a place that she could practice because she knows most of TLCs viewing audience is American and would be less likely to question her.  

• Love 9
On 11/4/2018 at 9:30 PM, iwasish said:

Oh boy, Larissa might be able to make mommy cry and Colt will tolerate it, but making changes to his diet? Eating “ healthy”..... just no. She may be heading back to Brazil a lot sooner than 90 days. 

I’d take bacon over Larissa. Just saying.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The thing with hoagies is that they're generally "solitaire" items.  You get yours the way you want it, and you eat it yourself.  Many places (including Geno's) serve them wrapped.  That's it.  They'll cut it if you ask, but you get it wrapped.  At Geno's, like the Terminal Market, there are tables to sit at (but at Geno's and Pat's, they're outside - in winter Geno's puts heaters under the tables), but locals get it to go, generally, and eat at home.  If you eat there, you generally just unwrap the hoagie and eat it over the wrapper, then toss the wrapper when done.  Where I live, when you eat in a restaurant, they'll usually put it in a basket with a piece of paper in it, and you eat it that way.  STILL - if you're offering food for a bunch of people, they can't all eat over the wrapper unless they take turns, so I'm sure he could have gotten plates from someone, or just, you know, bought more than one hoagie.  Or even just a pile of napkins to lay out and eat over - I've done that too.  There's a hot dog place where my husband is from (about 1.5 hours north of Philly) that serves the food on waxed paper, and then placed on a tray.  It's the way they've been doing it since the early 1900's.  Some women came in when we were there once, referred there by their hotel.  When presented with the tray, they freaked out, screaming about how this wasn't a barn, and they didn't want slopped food in a trough, etc, and they stomped out, threatening to call the health department (ignoring the "A" grade on the door, apparently).  They had paid.  They didn't ask for their money back.  We ate their food, lol.

11 hours ago, aliya said:

Oh yes - even my chunky 16 pound female Ginger Tabby can jump high (she has massive strong legs) - especially if she has something between to stop on - even just a small ledge you wouldn't think would help.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, aliya said:

They find a way! I had to replace my bedroom door with a sliding door because my cat would jump up on top of the door and walk back and forth like a balance beam. 

10 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Same on the thoughts about kids. I have two cats. They saved me after my husband died and when I was diagnosed. They are such good girls. I never have cat hair on my clothes either. 

I just want to gently point out that a philly cheesesteak sandwich is not a hoagie in philly. I saw that on Parking Wars. A hoagie in Philly is a cold meat sandwich. I live in NY and never heard the word hoagie until I was an adult. Long sandwiches were always called heros here. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 3