Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Just now, Eldemarge said:

What is the purpose of a "wedding website?"  Can someone explain this?   Is it like a FB post where people can comment?   

To provide information to your guests. Links to your registry, accommodation information etc. quite handy because there have been a few weddings where I didn’t put the invite in my purse and had to find the address on the website to get to the reception. They also have pictures, “how we met”, engagement story etc. 

• Love 2

I wish I could read the mind of the bridal shop saleswoman as Kalani and Co. left. I was half expecting to hear the voiceover guy from SYTTD, “Emotions run high as Kalani  and her entourage leave the salon empty-handed...” 

and did Kolini refer to herself as “Auntie B?” Three guesses what the B stands for! 

Wonder why Mama is on crutches. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

I seriously just realized that I live in the same state as Steven.....I have an overwhelming urge to go find him and show him how much we appreciate him....I have never had such a violent reaction to a person on this show before

• Love 11

She never dated a black guy before? Wasn't one of her previous fiance's a person of color?

What is this wedding web page? I have seen registry pages that list things the couple wants but I have never in my life seen a "wedding web site" that contained a comment thread.

• Love 2

In the previous season I wondered on this board if somebody in Production wouldn't feel compelled to talk confidentially to the naive foreign person who was obviously in a very bad situation (as Lesia just said, above) - and someone who had read or knew about reality show production pointed out that the worse it gets, the happier they are 'cause it's "good tv".   This is really sickening, though.  Even if that is true, is there no human person on the production team ??    It doesn't seem as if this is producer-generated behavior, but Steven is the creep he seems.  Help, somebody ??!!    

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

What is this the 1950's? I live in a conservative religious community and nobody would blink if you are in an interracial couple. How is she getting all those racist comments? Disgusting.

Doesn’t surprise me, look at the leadership in the USA Today.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

What is the purpose of a "wedding website?"  Can someone explain this?   Is it like a FB post where people can comment?   

We used one for RSVPs and to give guests info on where to stay or what to see,  you can use them for your registry, etc. but it was only open to our guests.

• Love 3
Just now, magemaud said:

I wish I could read the mind of the bridal shop saleswoman as Kalani and Co. left. I was half expecting to hear the voiceover guy from SYTTD, “Emotions run high as Kalani  and her entourage leave the salon empty-handed...” 

and did Koloni refer to herself as “Auntie B?” Three guesses what the B stands for! 

She hurt it when her Neanderthal husband tried to mate with her.

• Love 1

Why is it that Ashley and Jay are getting so much blowback for being an interracial couple, when Melanie and Devar didn't?  Is this real or is it for storyline?  I can't but believe TLC is behind this. 

• Love 7
Just now, Major Bigtime said:

There have been interracial couples on this show before. Never been so much drama. 

Something tells me Ashley has cooked something up online for the show.

Maybe.  You are right that we haven't seen that before.  Did their wedding website get accidentally posted to some Neo-Nazi group?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

To provide information to your guests. Links to your registry, accommodation information etc. quite handy because there have been a few weddings where I didn’t put the invite in my purse and had to find the address on the website to get to the reception. They also have pictures, “how we met”, engagement story etc. 

I totally get that and have seen tons of those. I have never seen one with a comment area. If there is a comment area, Ashley should have first gone to the site, logged in and disabled the ability to leave comments.

• Love 2

Wow. Are these “friends” or relatives of Ashley that are this disgustingly racist, or do crazy racists just go trolling through wedding sites looking for interracial couples?! That’s scary!

• Love 1

I agree. He’s not only a creep, he’s damn scary.

I agree. He’s also scary because he can be very nice and normal and turn on a dime. Even under the BEST possible interperation of his actions I don’t like the way he is treating Olga after she had major surgery and is caring for an infant, much less HIS infant. 

• Love 9

Did I just see a mylar balloon shaped like an egagement ring floating in the back of Ashely's car?  Is she throwing her own bridal shower?

Ashley and Jay putting themselves out there on social media and tv..expect comments.  If Ashley did not want to hear others to weigh in then she should not have put it out there.  

Leida, go home.  I don't want to hear that Eric does not have enough money for you repeatedly and that you are pissed about the court ordered child support, I bet you would be okay with it if it was for your kid.  The flower budget is going to be doubled for a 25 person wedding is stupid, put the money toward a non inflateable couch.

Run Olga, run.

• Love 9

I happily snark on Jay and Ashley for their poor decisions but no one deserves those disgusting comments. No snark today,  that is horrifying. Horrible thing to say but wonder if Ashley's EX bff had anything to do with his.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Can we set up a gofundme to pay someone to punch Steven in his fucking mouth? 

Heh. I'll cheerfully punch him for free. 

3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

and did Koloni refer to herself as “Auntie B?” Three guesses what the B stands for! 

She injured herself kicking herself in the ass for producing such a repellent brood of offspring. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

I totally get that and have seen tons of those. I have never seen one with a comment area. If there is a comment area, Ashley should have first gone to the site, logged in and disabled the ability to leave comments.

I agree. No reason why there needs to be a comment section. She likely turned it on to drum up publicity for the show?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Where is Ashley reading?

Why is she reading that shit to Jay?

Why do I wonder if she wants to call the wedding off and is using this as an excuse?

Is Jay the first black guy she’s dated? 

• Love 2

There have been interracial couples on this show before. Never been so much drama. 

This is reserved for the bottom of the barrel couples when they don't have any storyline.  Subjecting him to those comments is really cruel. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Im thinking a lot of people here really dont know what it can be like for Black people in America.... even in liberal  diverse places

I don't want to turn this into a debate but it is sad and I know as a white person I don't know the realities of what a person of color goes through.

On a lighter note I have been fat shamed. :P

• Love 4

At the beginning of this season, I really liked Stephen.  I thought it was sweet how he wanted to be involved in his son’s life, and when Olga met him at the train, the two of them were so adorable the melted my heart.

Now, I want to slap the smirk right off that little shit.  What a creepy, abusive, jackass he is!!

• Love 17

I can't watch Olga & Steven. It's too real. He's so abusive to her. She's doing her best to be a good mother and he's jealous. I'll just ff through them. It's so sad.

Run Olga Run!!

Edited by Quilty
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

I was in Mechanicsburg twice over the last few days.   It's a nice place.  If she is getting A LOT of ignorant comments I would think they are coming from around the country.

I don't know why she would assume those comments are from Mechanicsburg.  If it's on the Internet, they could be coming from anywhere in the USA, or heck, outside the USA, too.  I've come across plenty of racism in other countries too.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Seriously, I would not normally think this is the best but Steven needs to go home and  get out of that baby’s life forever. That baby’s life would be better and safer without Steven in it. I picture Steven getting physically abusive.

I think he thinks he’s going to leave Russia with “HIS SON” leaving Olga there. His ego is that big. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Living where she does, it's not surprising.  The cloak of anonymity the internet gives can be used for fun, like we do, or it can hide the really evil side of humanity.  If you're a person of color, it comes with the territory.  I've caught many so called friends talking shit about people of my ilk when they thought i wouldn't find out.

Edited by tincansailor981
Spelling
  • Love 5