Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It sure does. Cash AND gift cards. Every time I think these people can't hit a new level of tacky, I'm surprised yet again.

The fiance looks like a total creeper, but hey, Tabitha's out of the Spinster Club, so it's all gravy. 

The Fundy barrel bottom scrapings available to long in the tooth Fundy spinsters like Tabitha at least mean being out from under living at home. I guess she has to quit since she can't focus on anything but wedding planning.

The gift cards may be gifts from the  Duggar family. Is her fiancé from a Fundy family, recent convert, or lapsed Fundy returning to the fold?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The gift cards may be gifts from the  Duggar family. Is her fiancé from a Fundy family, recent convert, or lapsed Fundy returning to the fold?

Based on my interpretation of his FB posts, he joined the Fundie Circus roughly ten years ago and didn't attend Clown College until 2014. He actually has a post telling people that if they use vulgar language, he'll unfriend them, so this sounds like a Derrick Dullard situation where he may have been raised in church but didn't go full potato until adulthood. He does own a home remodeling business, so at least he's employed, but yeah, very deep into the Kool Aid.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Based on my interpretation of his FB posts, he joined the Fundie Circus roughly ten years ago and didn't attend Clown College until 2014. He actually has a post telling people that if they use vulgar language, he'll unfriend them, so this sounds like a Derrick Dullard situation where he may have been raised in church but didn't go full potato until adulthood. He does own a home remodeling business, so at least he's employed, but yeah, very deep into the Kool Aid.

I guess that means her family approves. She'll have to go home to guard her purity and her SIL will pound on the piano for her wedding music...awkward first kiss in front of everyone and preggers within 3 months....wash..rinse...repeat...

Must have met him in Arkansas or tutoring was a respectable way to "move things along with Duggar chaperones.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, louannems said:

Popped the question . I know they don't do this on purpose but my mind is already in the gutter .

14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Yeah, he has a rant on FB hating on the NIV--the New International Version of the Bible.  It's evil, gotta stick with the King James.

But both are translations into English and English is not a biblical language .

• Love 3

Looks like Timmy has a "remoldeling" business of some kind, and also works security at Clown College. This is a very incestuous world, isn't it? 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tim-robertson-8a973164

eta: FB links are discoruaged here, but it looks like the wedding will be on 3/25. I wonder what the Duggars will do for a tutor, since Tabby is obviously going to blow to Eastern Tennessee. Looks like a Cherin setup. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, sheshark said:

The NYE party was definitely also an engagement party for the schoolmarm.  The 'popping' banner is on the left-side, back wall.  Very bored today.tabi.PNG

WTH is that partial face`between the two guys in the left foreground? Looks like a blown-up photo of  some male of probably the Duggar species, but hard to tell. It almost looks as though it's laminated to the side of the island, but also as though most of it is concealed. Were they giving someone a poster of themselves or what??

• Love 5

Don't forget to note the sheet draping the stairs. I've seen this in a few pics from this party but have forgotten to mention it. 

What's odd is that I see NO Duggars in these pictures, aside from Jessa. Is it possible that they pulled off a Joy engagement somewhere else on the same day? Maybe they're around somewhere, lord knows there were plenty of post-pubescent guys in the party pics, But Joy doesn't require all of those Howlers to be at HER engagement. There's also that suspicious pic of Joy and Jana in front of one of the Duggar Fleet of aircraft...

I smell a huge red herring here. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sheshark said:

The NYE party was definitely also an engagement party for the schoolmarm.  The 'popping' banner is on the left-side, back wall.  Very bored today.tabi.PNG

When I look at this photo, all I can think is that if I lived in this house, and there were that many people crammed into it, I'd socialize for awhile and then duck unnoticed underneath the sheet on the stairs and high-tail it to my bed with a book.  Their parties just look extremely noisy, messy, and chaotic to me.

Is that Jim Bob in the center there?  It looks like he and Michelle are doing karaoke.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I can't believe they live in that ugly monstrosity.

What, you don't have an anti-molestation catwalk in your house.

so so eons made that engagement banner? Talk about presuming too much to have it the day of.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Portia said:

What does that mean? Google isn't helping hme. 

Cherin = Chad and Erin (Bates) Paine who live in Tennessee.  They might easily know Tim and helped connect him with Chad's sister. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

When I look at this photo, all I can think is that if I lived in this house, and there were that many people crammed into it, I'd socialize for awhile and then duck unnoticed underneath the sheet on the stairs and high-tail it to my bed with a book.  Their parties just look extremely noisy, messy, and chaotic to me.

Is that Jim Bob in the center there?  It looks like he and Michelle are doing karaoke.

Karaoke? To popular music? They wouldn't do that. Old cheesy hymns, yes.

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Jim Bob must be in the center dragging his 1980's princess around by her mullet.

Jim Bob truly is a clown. 

• Love 1

I looked at the photo again, there has to be 25+ ceiling lights. From a family who can't manage laundry or educating their children, who changes the light bulbs? Maybe a job for Ben the Toilet Scrubber? Do they have one of those indoor lifts like Home Depot or Lowes has hidden in Grandma's room?

Or maybe once TLC leaves the Duggar house will go dark in more ways than one.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I looked at the photo again, there has to be 25+ ceiling lights. From a family who can't manage laundry or educating their children, who changes the light bulbs? Maybe a job for Ben the Toilet Scrubber? Do they have one of those indoor lifts like Home Depot of Lowes has hidden in Grandma's room?

You can buy a suction cup on a long pole at Home Depot. This is how I did it when I was single to change the bulbs in my track lights.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You can buy a suction cup on a long pole at Home Depot. This is how I did it when I was single to change the bulbs in my track lights.

That seems too involved for Ben. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Tim is HOW old???   That is a pretty tiny diamond ring....  (I was engaged and married with a very tiny chip of a diamond - we were young and poor)

I call those Canardly Diamonds.  I can hardly see it. He could have done a bit better with the ring, but I'm sure for Tabitha, if it means a wedding sooner rather than later, she's ok with that. 

• Love 2

We were poor but old when married (29 & 36!).  I also just got three very, tiny diamond chips, but they were real.  Years later, even though the kids were grown and we had lots of money, I replaced it with a beaded, plain silver gold band.  I realized I didn't want a diamond.

I should add that my very first wedding band was a $22 ring that I purchased myself AFTER the wedding, since we were then Seventh Day Adventist, who don't do wedding rings. Jewelry is of the world, don't you know?

I think Tabitha has a nice enough ring, not flashy, gaudy, but stilll tells the world she is "taken".

• Love 7

Half a carat was my guess as well. My engagement was an heirloom from my husband's family. The middle stone might have been 1/3 carat, but it made up for it in platinum and yellow gold in high deco style. Over the years, it's been sized to the point it can't be sized any more, so I put it in our safe deposit box. It will go to my husband's niece, maybe as a college graduation present. As for me, I've upgraded to a 3 stone, princess cut. The middle stone is 2/3 carat and looks to be just a little bigger than Tabby's.  Hey, I like pretty sparklies! Not gaudy (I'm too small to do gaudy anyway), just sparkly. :D

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Maybe Tabby and fiancé are actually modest, and want a modest ring. 

That could be the case as well...spend it on the honeymoon or their home. Everyone makes their own decisions about what they want more.

• Love 2

My engagement ring is only about 1/3 of a carat, but as flawless of a stone as my husband could find. Perfectionist that he is, he went shopping for the very best stone, and as good a deal for it as he could find. I think my ring, and this was back in 1984, cost something like $1600, so definitely not "canardly".

Personally, I love my ring, and imagine that anything much bigger would just get in the way more than otherwise.

• Love 5
On 1/5/2017 at 1:02 AM, GeeGolly said:

I looked at the photo again, there has to be 25+ ceiling lights. From a family who can't manage laundry or educating their children, who changes the light bulbs? Maybe a job for Ben the Toilet Scrubber? Do they have one of those indoor lifts like Home Depot or Lowes has hidden in Grandma's room?

I'll bet the TLC crews change the bulbs. And I'm sure you're right about what will happen to them once TLC leaves. But then they can just use floor and table lamps. And have a vast sky of darkness above them in the living room. That sounds about right, moodwise, actually.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I call those Canardly Diamonds.  I can hardly see it. He could have done a bit better with the ring, but I'm sure for Tabitha, if it means a wedding sooner rather than later, she's ok with that. 

Yeah, and less money on a ring probably (one hopes) means more money for fixing up a decent house, having a car that doesn't conk out in the Tennessee hills. Etc. I'd take those things over a big diamond any day, too.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, and less money on a ring probably (one hopes) means more money for fixing up a decent house, having a car that doesn't conk out in the Tennessee hills. Etc. I'd take those things over a big diamond any day, too.

Me too. Which is why my engagement ring with my ex was a pearl. I still like that ring. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Me too! I have no engagement band or wedding set, hubs and I bought plain $20 silver bands from Walmart. I've got like 3 different sizes to accommodate shifting weight. Hasn't hurt us any...still devoted after all these years.

• Love 9

I didn't have an engagement ring and while I did get a new wedding ring, we used my husband's ring from his first marriage because he wasn't going to wear it anyway. When we met he was a farmer who did his own mechanical work & didn't want to take a chance the ring would catch on something and rip his finger off. Later, when he stopped farming and was doing other work, we had lost the wedding ring and neither of us thought it was important enough to replace.

• Love 1

My BFF since high school and I both enjoyed jewelry and owned and wore some very nice rings and bracelets, earrings and necklaces.  It has all been stolen from both of us.  I just replaced a topaz ring that I found in a pawn shop, but it isn't really a replacement, I'd love to buy my own stuff back  My friend feels the same about hers.  Fake diamonds would be my new gem of choice, they are not super cheap but look great.  I did not have my diamond tennis bracelet stolen so that's one for me.  Hey thieves, don't bother, leave me with something for god's sake.  I really would buy back my stolen stuff if I could find it, and I know a great deal of it did not end up with a Cash for Gold melting.  Cash for Gold may have bought it, but they would have resold it since the value was obvious.  But from now on, fake for me.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

My BFF since high school and I both enjoyed jewelry and owned and wore some very nice rings and bracelets, earrings and necklaces.  It has all been stolen from both of us.  I just replaced a topaz ring that I found in a pawn shop, but it isn't really a replacement, I'd love to buy my own stuff back  My friend feels the same about hers.  Fake diamonds would be my new gem of choice, they are not super cheap but look great.  I did not have my diamond tennis bracelet stolen so that's one for me.  Hey thieves, don't bother, leave me with something for god's sake.  I really would buy back my stolen stuff if I could find it, and I know a great deal of it did not end up with a Cash for Gold melting.  Cash for Gold may have bought it, but they would have resold it since the value was obvious.  But from now on, fake for me.

I totally get where you're coming from. Thieves and haters just can't stand to see someone else enjoying their shit. So, they either criticize you for having it so you won't wear it to work anymore, or you won't wear it when you go out to avoid being a target.  Same reason why my $20 Walmart wedding band works for me.

• Love 1