Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

Seriously! He must have mentioned it every time he was on air afterwards. Dude, you were within 6 inches of the dock and a shit ton of production staff the entire 10 seconds you were underwater and 1 minute you were in the water. CALM DOWN you did not almost drown.

Yeah.  The only person I can have a shred of respect for in this situation is Ximena, who talked to the production staff and was like "you want me to tell him to do what?  with a straight face?  ok, whatever, peoples, as long as your check clears" and then has a blast being fake-cutesy-evil.  No respect for the stupid show or Ricky (she says you never need to mention Melissa again and then you do it during the proposal?) or for ... um, me for watching.

Also as the resident person who isn't a fluent Spanish speaker but still can't deal with Ricky's sophomoric "just add an ending to the English word" - he simultaneously translates "lunch" to her as "lunche" after he said "lunch".  That ain't the word, and if it were, she would have understood you when you said lunch.  ¡Ay, Dios mío! 

Also: WHO BIKES WITH THEIR FEET PERPENDICULAR TO THE GROUND?  NO ONE.

Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 10.13.56 AM - Edited.png

Edited by sconstant
to pick on Ricky's terrible Spanish
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Did anyone think the stripper looks kinda big in the mid section for being a stripper? Strippers are usually quite skinny

I think krinny have the Miscarriage was sad but a blessing in disguise 

• Love 12

So Tricky owes 30k to his ex but he's sending his money to 2+ (who knows how many) random internet girls? Nice. He will continue to do so, at least sending money to Xena the warrior princess, unless he continues to keep more backup options in addition to her. 

First George Costanza had to remove his heightening boots, then the tourist fanny pack to get into the water!  He failed to secure any inflatable water wings or a floaty for his waist which I could totally see him rocking. Not sure if his attempt at "swimming" would have looked more or less pathetic if his arms were flapping around with the wings on. He is always ready to impress the women with his skills!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Undoubtedly, though, he will first whine to us about how hard it is for him to tell the truth about his marriage.

Am I getting this right?  Wife #1 gave Ricky $30,000 to fight Wife#2 for custody (which he won) but the divorce is not final?  Is it at least in the works?  Yeah, not the best move to get engaged when you are still married AND owe that much money to Wife #1 who you admit you are in debt to the rest of your life.  Not to mention that you were madly in love and planning to marry Melissa who obviously played you and you suddenly fell in love with Option #2.  I don't think his fiancé is the type to take these things lightly! 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

First George Costanza had to remove his heightening boots, then the tourist fanny pack to get into the water!

"IT'S A EUROPEAN CARRY-ALL!"

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Am I getting this right?  Wife #1 gave Ricky $30,000 to fight Wife#2 for custody (which he won) but the divorce is not final?  Is it at least in the works?  Yeah, not the best move to get engaged when you are still married AND owe that much money to Wife #1 who you admit you are in debt to the rest of your life.  Not to mention that you were madly in love and planning to marry Melissa who obviously played you and you suddenly fell in love with Option #2.  I don't think his fiancé is the type to take these things lightly

His 2nd wife let him borrow the money to fight the first wife for custody. But he didn’t say he still owed her the money I think he feels in dept to her because that was so important to him and he got custody of his daughter. So I think it’s more of he will never disrespect her or not have a good relationship with her because he feels she gave him one of the biggest gifts of his life, and I think he told Ximena about this so she could understand why he has such a good relationship with her. And that he doesn’t still want her he just truly will always cherish what she did for him. But I think they left out the part there still married... but either way I got the feeling he doesn’t still owe her the money he just owes her some type of loyalty 

• Love 7

Jon is scary. At least you can see right through all the others foolishness but this guy is trying so hard to hide who he really is. It must be killing him to keep his temper under control. I can't figure out what his angle is, though. He isn't going to be able to come to the US so why in such a rush to get married and dive in to a ready made family? It's not adding up. 

• Love 4

That "tell all" wrap up show or whatever it was called was wretched -- one of the worst things I've ever watched on TV. Why can't TLC find hosts we can make these 90 Day live shows interesting? I seriously would rather see a fun, involved fan from our board run that and ask the questions we all want to know. I don't know who Michelle Collins is and don't care enough to google to find out, but I do know no good interviewer asks so many questions that can be answered with a YES or NO. You ask open ended questions that gets the subject thinking and talking -- and relaxed (so they let down their guard and spill some details). Her interviewing skills were horrible. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Mainer said:

His 2nd wife let him borrow the money to fight the first wife for custody. But he didn’t say he still owed her the money I think he feels in dept to her because that was so important to him and he got custody of his daughter. So I think it’s more of he will never disrespect her or not have a good relationship with her because he feels she gave him one of the biggest gifts of his life, and I think he told Ximena about this so she could understand why he has such a good relationship with her. And that he doesn’t still want her he just truly will always cherish what she did for him. But I think they left out the part there still married... but either way I got the feeling he doesn’t still owe her the money he just owes her some type of loyalty 

Thanks for the explanation!  I had Wife #1 and Wife #2 mixed up.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GoGamecox said:

I seriously would rather see a fun, involved fan from our board run that and ask the questions we all want to know. I don't know who Michelle Collins is and don't care enough to google to find out, but I do know no good interviewer asks so many questions that can be answered with a YES or NO. You ask open ended questions that gets the subject thinking and talking -- and relaxed (so they let down their guard and spill some details). 

I nominate @Drogo.  He makes wonderful, concise, pithy comments and then stands back and watches the rest of us come up with responses.  I'd love to see him look at someone like Ricky after yet another retelling of his "near drowning," raise an eyebrow and just say, "Really?"  Then Ricky would fill the following silence by expounding on his stupidity.

• Love 14

I watched the tell al before going to bed. The host was so hyper, an hour of her gave me problems falling asleep. After the first commercial break, she slowed down a bit for a minute or so. I think the director said something to her during the break, but it didn't stick. Anyway, she met her match with Friends Michael and their very different speech patterns. She had to listen to respond to what they were saying. 

That said, she did call out some people on inconsistencies, and Abby was tap dancing like crazy. Does anybody believe she didn't suggest those guys bring boxes of women's underwear for her business? 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, DNR said:

I just noticed how rough Jesse’s skin is in the Park scene .  Boy is full of himself - he’s a mess and a nasty d^ckhead. He LOVES mentally and emotionally torturing Darcy ( she’s a loon too but he’s a sociopath) 

I agree with you! Neither one of them are "ALL THERE" but he's manipulative and over dramatic.

• Love 3

Part of me feels for the extreme soul grinding poverty stricken life Hazel has but I just can't bring myself to like her. I wouldn't give a fuck about her and Tarik but I have doubts whether she can be a decent mother to his special needs daughter. Tarik in particular ain't shit for potentially exposing his daughter to a caretaker he barely knows himself. I can't stand Tarik for this reason alone.  For the life of me I can't see what Tarik sees in Hazel that makes him ready to risk it all.  Me thinks his future involves lots of begging for a minimal amount of affection.  

11 hours ago, JasonH said:

In the Live Show, Darcy’s sister talks about getting citated for the fight with her sister. She also says “ya know” a lot. I mean, a lot.

The whole time I wanted the host to say "No I don't know. That's why I am asking you." 

The Twinflames are indeed highly competitive. Can't be coincidence that Stacey is dating a European 20-something fitness model for three years and than Darcey goes out and dates a Euro fitness 20 something "model" a 1 1/2 years later?

10 hours ago, citychic said:

Does anyone know why they put a panel up before the Michael and Angela proposal that said "these scenes may contain sensitive material"? Did I miss something?

You know what could have really used a warning? Dean saying Tarik is into orgies. 

Why are we even bothering with the 3rd gen stripper descendant? She showed up during the 5th inning. I don't care. 

• Love 18
10 hours ago, citychic said:

Does anyone know why they put a panel up before the Michael and Angela proposal that said "these scenes may contain sensitive material"? Did I miss something?

I guess that was meant for the next scene with Paul and Karine at the hospital. They could have added that warning just after the scene with Michael and Angela instead.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lucy711 said:

The Paul and Karine scenes were heartbreaking and slightly confusing.  She was 4-5 weeks pregnant last week, and it felt like 2 days later she was 9 weeks.

I can't rag on either of them this time because it's so incredibly sad to lose a baby. The people at the clinic could have been a bit more empathetic, wow!   But, as others have pointed out, timelines are so odd on this show.   How long has Pole been in Brazil?

Then there's Jon's hair which must grow at an alarming rate judging by that car ride. Baby Lucy should be some indicator of time passing, but she always looks the same age.

Do they purposely put that large interviewer lady in such a small chair for fun? They did the same thing last time.  I kept expecting it to break.  Not that she's fat or anything, but she's obviously very tall. 

• Love 17
12 hours ago, EllaDisco said:

Although I go to the gym and often see people chatting, looking at phones, not exercising.  It's annoying when it's busy and machines are full.

I worked in the childcare room at a gym.  When not busy, I had to clean machines. Lots of people just stared at their phones, did a few leg presses, a few bicep curls, walked on the treadmill, and then would leave.  And then those are the ones shocked that they aren't losing weight.  "I don't get it! I go to the gym 4, 5 times a week! I'm not seeing any progress!" 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Drogo said:

Well, that was fucking horrible. 

Thanks for nothing, TLC. 

Well said Drogo.  TLC and Sharp Entertainment will allow shooting of a person or an animal if it causes ratings to go up.   This series is a cash cow for them.   It's amazing that people still tune in to watch these people basically making a fool of themselves.   Men proposing within a week and waiting for sex like dog waiting for a treat.  The whole with the loss of the baby was handled very poorly.  Can you imagine having a camera in your face while a doctor tells you that your first child has no heartbeat?  Some of those scenes could have been edited for decorum and dignity's sake.   But, oh the contracts they signed.   None of the participants care for their families or their children.  Picture the bullying that Darcey's daughters are going through.

• Love 19

I fell asleep during the one on one interview with Darcy 2.0 and the giant host but I did hear that Darcy 2.0 is dating a much younger guy, I wonder if Original Darcy feels like she lost that round with her sister?  Her boy toy has dumped her but Darcy 2.0 is still going strong or so she says.  I wonder how much that guy is getting from Stacy to pretend there is a relationship.

We all learned that time flies faster in Brazil than the rest of the world, first Karine is 4-5 weeks pregnant then a couple of days later she is 9 weeks pregnant and Paul still has not done the math.

We all learned that like Mother like daughter, Big Ang likes her men younger and apperantly so does her daughter.  Am I imagining that I heard Ang say she does not have any more money to buy another guy when My-chool was begging to not break up?

My of my doesn't Jon have a short fuse!  Rachel was not please to know that an ex will be at their pre marital dinner...I get it.  Years ago my friend was marrying a divorced guy with a kid, the mother in law to be invited the ex daughter in law to the bridal shower.  It was not good.

We all learned that Abby is still a liar.  If her mouth is moving, she is lying. What's his name dodge a bullet.

• Love 11

For not being able to swim, Ricky sure planned a lot of things to happen on the water.

I'm not sure if this is the place to discuss the live show, but if so,

1. Dean, fuck you. Bisexuality doesn't mean you're "down for anything." I am 100% monogamous and have never done group sex, and have zero desire to (despite being approached by multiple couples, seriously people stop being predatory to your friends, it's creepy and disrespectful). Most bisexuals are like me, although I don't mean to imply disrespect to those people who are non-monogamous. If that's their thing, whatever. Straight people do it too. But bi and non-monogamous are not the same thing. Also, did Hazel come out to you? Or are you just playing the "they're not all over you so they must not be straight" card, which we've seen in this very forum?

2. This Abby person intrigues me. She had two creepy old dudes on the hook and the actually sat down together and she had to choose one? Which iteration of this show was this, because I feel like it should've been way more popular. And then she ends up with neither and starts dating a younger guy? Darcey needs to take lessons in self-esteem from this one.

That's all I got out of this show. Darcey's twin was boring and I went to bed halfway through.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

So the Angry Dutchman completed his mission.  Fly to NY, be a colossal asshole, and get another scene on tv.

Do the math for the production company.  They pay for Jesse's ticket and two nights at a hotel.  That's 2K.  They just need to sell one 30-second spot at that primetime hour to make 50 times that much.   Darcey is a mess and they know it but their misery, Karine's misery of losing a baby, and the verbal abuse that the participants put one another through.  That is what sells.  The only funny part to this is that Ricky and Tarik keep doing dumb things and the producers are loving it.   After a while, it's the same formula, the same food presented in a different plate.

Angela is the new Nicole.  Darcey also has a bit of Nicole and that other lady who married Muhammed.  Look at all these couples, NONE of them has a chance in hell of having a real relationship based on trust and openness.   By the way, I thought Darcey was middle class or upper middle class, but she's broke and only plays "acting rich" with expensive cars and expensive looking clothing.   If this woman is not "in" with all the BS and isn't following a script, she's going to have serious psych trauma, not only for what she's going through, but what she's putting her daughters trough. 

I tune in every season thinking that they will have at least one serious couple who's in it for love and not for the camera and spurious notoriety, but I'm always disappointed.

• Love 10

I agree, the cameras should not have been in the exam room. At most, they should have continued filming outside and then got status updates from the participants. That is what they did for that reality show about transgendered individuals when one of the women had a wife in the hospital for her pregnancy. This was crossing the line.

• Love 17
Just now, AmyBre said:

Do the math for the production company.  They pay for Jesse's ticket and two nights at a hotel.  That's 2K.  They just need to sell one 30-second spot at that primetime hour to make 50 times that much.   Darcey is a mess and they know it but their misery, Karine's misery of losing a baby, and the verbal abuse that the participants put one another through.  That is what sells.  The only funny part to this is that Ricky and Tarik keep doing dumb things and the producers are loving it.   After a while, it's the same formula, the same food presented in a different plate.

Angela is the new Nicole.  Darcey also has a bit of Nicole and that other lady who married Muhammed.  Look at all these couples, NONE of them has a chance in hell of having a real relationship based on trust and openness.   By the way, I thought Darcey was middle class or upper middle class, but she's broke and only plays "acting rich" with expensive cars and expensive looking clothing.   If this woman is not "in" with all the BS and isn't following a script, she's going to have serious psych trauma, not only for what she's going through, but what she's putting her daughters trough. 

I tune in every season thinking that they will have at least one serious couple who's in it for love and not for the camera and spurious notoriety, but I'm always disappointed.

You can tell that Darcey and Jesse sells because, in addition to being a rehash of the same stuff from last year and the obvious time manipulation to drag it out to this season, they're often the last couple featured and then prominent in the Next-Time-On-90DF segments.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Part of me feels for the extreme soul grinding poverty stricken life Hazel has but I just can't bring myself to like her. I wouldn't give a fuck about her and Tarik but I have doubts whether she can be a decent mother to his special needs daughter. Tarik in particular ain't shit for potentially exposing his daughter to a caretaker he barely knows himself. I can't stand Tarik for this reason alone.  For the life of me I can't see what Tarik sees in Hazel that makes him ready to risk it all.  Me thinks his future involves lots of begging for a minimal amount of affection.  

Maybe that's one reason Dean was so nasty to Hazel.  I'd be pissed off too if my brother was going to introduce a stranger to his special needs daughter.  

On the live thread, some people were saying that TLC should not have filmed Karine's ultrasound.  I was surprised the hospital let the camera crew in the room.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

2. This Abby person intrigues me. She had two creepy old dudes on the hook and the actually sat down together and she had to choose one? Which iteration of this show was this, because I feel like it should've been way more popular. And then she ends up with neither and starts dating a younger guy? Darcey needs to take lessons in self-esteem from this one.

That was a calculated move by Abby.  She's a pro.   Sean was the one with disposable money and crazy enough to actually marry her.   Sean is the one she can and WILL manipulate into getting her to the US.  Bringing the other guy creates the perfect anxiety that will make Sean "raise up".   Calculating people do this all the time, but a professional prostitutes who has seen this done and has probably done it at a lower scale, can do it in a way that raises little suspicion.  This isn't coincidental, quite the opposite and everything but.

I also believe that Abby has the ambition and the brains to go very far in life.

Darcey on the other hand has had many opportunities and choices in his life, but until she auditioned for the 90 Day team, was and still is a desperate housewife in search of who knows what.   Darcey doesn't want a father for her daughters, she sells all that shit to gain acceptance from their daughters, to see if they are OK with her choice.   But Jesse was just a pretty boy that Darcey wanted to screw.  A real woman with two daughters may have a discreet fling but is super careful who she lets inside her house.  Darcey is so caught up in herself and what she wants that she's forgotten all about common sense and who her primaries should be.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sconstant said:

Yeah.  The only person I can have a shred of respect for in this situation is Ximena, who talked to the production staff and was like "you want me to tell him to do what?  with a straight face?  ok, whatever, peoples, as long as your check clears" and then has a blast being fake-cutesy-evil.  No respect for the stupid show or Ricky (she says you never need to mention Melissa again and then you do it during the proposal?) or for ... um, me for watching.

Also as the resident person who isn't a fluent Spanish speaker but still can't deal with Ricky's sophomoric "just add an ending to the English word" - he simultaneously translates "lunch" to her as "lunche" after he said "lunch".  That ain't the word, and if it were, she would have understood you when you said lunch.  ¡Ay, Dios mío! 

Also: WHO BIKES WITH THEIR FEET PERPENDICULAR TO THE GROUND?  NO ONE.

Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 10.13.56 AM - Edited.png

And a COAT!? IT's not even a sweat jacket/hoodie! WTF

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

On the live thread, some people were saying that TLC should not have filmed Karine's ultrasound.  I was surprised the hospital let the camera crew in the room.

The hospital privacy rules in other countries is much more relaxed than in the US.  Also, they are less litigious places, where lawsuits are rare, almost non-existent.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Tarik and Hazel continue to baffle me. I still have no idea if "marrying a Japanese man" was about a specific man, or just a general idea. And aside from Hazel's "he might be rich" comment, I have no idea what she actually thought of that option. Was it even real? Also, I've never dated a man with kids, but I would consider it a HUGE red flag if he wanted me to meet his child without the knowledge of the child's mother. That seems incredibly disrespectful to his co-parent, not to mention selfish and unfair to his daughter, who is now in the position of lying to her own mother. And if the reason for the subterfuge is because his ex is "crazy" or whatever he called her, I'd probably just nope out of there. I don't need that kind of drama in my life.

Not only do I doubt this whole Japanese man story is real, I question whether this sister she suddenly mentions is real.  I would have asked what her name is and do you have a picture of her, but Tardik is too dumb for that.  He's too busy composing his next craptacular rap song in his head to impress his dead-eyed girlfriend with.  Of all the sketchy relationships on this show, this one has the least semblance of anything even remotely resembling a relationship.  Not counting the stripper and Ali G, as they haven't even met yet.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Snewtsie said:

I am a woman who is not bisexual, but if the choice was sex with Tarik or sex with another gal, I would chose the gal every time. 

Hazel is probably thinking the same exact thought.

• Love 8
On 10/1/2018 at 12:39 AM, gavinmac said:

I don't have kids and have never been through a miscarriage and I'm sure it's horrific, but was Paul's immediate reaction normal? "What caused it, lack of food?"

It almost seemed like he was asking "Is this Karine's fault?"

There's no protocol or etiquette when it comes to miscarriages.  The Human and Decent thing for Paul to do should have been to care for the mother lying there in front of him and then conduct his investigation later.  It's not like the doctor is going to forget what happened.  I think his words were "Is the baby dead?".  That is so wrong, I almost turned off the TV right there, but something tells me that secretly, he was jumping with joy on the inside because he didn't want to be a father and really doesn't love Karine.   Karine breaks my heart because she doesn't love that manchild and is only with him to escape the crushing poverty in which she and her family live.

Edited by AmyBre
Grammar
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I was able to watch only bits and pieces of the show (but I recorded it and will watch it all later), but one thing that really chafed my butt was when the producer asked Hazel what would happen to her after Torgo left, and she said "I will be homeless."  What a true measure of the "love" Torgo has for her!  Did he bother to learn where she lives and what she does for a living when he's not there?  I'm assuming that if she does have a job, she didn't work while Torgo was with her--but wouldn't he be curious about her life when he's not on the scene?  He knows *absolutely nothing* important about her.  He thinks she looks like Angelina Jolie and he wants to fuck her.  Period.  Oh, yeah, and her religion confuses and embarrasses him.  And that's all he knows!  Does she read?  What kind of music does she like?  When is her fucking birthday even?

I've seen six year olds with deeper and more complex relationships than these two.  The joke is, I'm not exaggerating.  Watch two kindergartners interact on a playground and it's light years more complex and involved than these two together.

• Love 11
Just now, Drogo said:

Putting me in a room with Ricky, Pole, Herr Asshole and Tableak... Dante's rolling over in his grave that he didn't think of this 8th circle of hell. 

Trying to figure out how I got on @AZChristian's bad side.  I think maybe it was the 6 inch diamond cross I wear during our video chats.

Nothing but respect coming from my side, Drogo.  But I do love that cross!!!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

On her way to the park, Darcey had already worked herself into a self-sabotaging lather of viper venom while simultaneously hoping Jesse would come to rekindle the romance. She stood around the bench in stilettos of vertiginous height, enough luggage for a trip around the world, and dressed like a bride, if weddings were officiated in night clubs.

The Flying Dutchman of Integrity arrived to meet with Darcey to propose, just as she expected... with the plot twist of proposing a permanent breakup. Is there a ring for that? Because a proposal at a beautiful quiet park bench is the stuff memories are made of! I'd sure want a ring.

Between Jesse weirdly inviting her to a hotel instead of crushing her right there on the park bench (if he intended to meet her at a hotel, it would have been more convenient to meet in the lobby, no?), .....

Darcey knew what was coming.  There was a moment when she looked at Jesse's face and she just knew that boy had no good news for her.   Darcey has been dumped many times in her life and knows the sound of the card being dealt from the bottom.

A crooked dealer will place an Ace or a Seven card at the bottom of the deck and save it for the person he is working with or for himself.  At the right time, and under the right distraction, the dealer will then use that card, but an experienced player will hear the sound the card makes as it comes out of his hand.  The sound is just different.

Darcey knew.  I actually liked that...that she spotted the deception in the quasi-nice tone of Jesse asking her to go elsewhere for the sacrifice of her left over dignity.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I've seen six year olds with deeper and more complex relationships than these two.  The joke is, I'm not exaggerating.  Watch two kindergartners interact on a playground and it's light years more complex and involved than these two together.

Yes!  And this can be said about almost all the participants on this show.  Hazel and Torgo are set apart, though, by the fact that he has not only a minor child, which would be bad enough, but a minor child with special needs who will be (one hopes, I guess) a large part of Hazel's life for the next 12 years or so, at least, and some part of her life for as long as either of them lives.  This is wrong on so many levels that I'm giving myself the vapors over it.  The situation isn't fair to anyone involved, although Tardis will at some point get to fuck Hazel.  So there's that.

• Love 7

Tarik is an idiot. Your child's co-parent has a right to know who and what you're bringing around your child. Nobody's saying you have to tell the person everything and all the intimate details. I'd want to know that my child would be safe and treated right. He knows nothing about Hazel. I just can't see her being maternal or even warm. She has the same deadpan expression for everything. 

Rachel's ex-husband wouldn't even consent to their daughter travelling to the UK for the wedding, so I wonder if he knows about Jon's history or if he is just against her being around someone her mother doesn't know that well. As evidenced last night, he has a short fuse at times. That would be a red flag to me. 

These people with children are idiots. Ricky left Columbus with the intent of proposing to the woman he told his daughter about. Now he's engaged to another and he's just going to casually mention that and tell her about Ximena. And he's 30k in debt because the second wife gave him the money to fight for custody. Ximena needs to run farrr away. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Almost every married couple I know dated for multiple years before their wedding.  I am amazed and horrified at how things speed up in 90 Day Fiance land.  Tarik knows she is the one after a few weeks, and Ricky proposes to Ximena days (hours?) after meeting her...

Because these proposals are encouraged by the production team and are non-binding.  They are fake and only done to attract drama/viewers.

In the US, Tarik and Ricky will run away from a girl remotely thinking about marriage or getting engaged.   In foreign territory, while having vacation sex (not Tarik), they forget themselves and fall for anything.  If you add up the real time they were actually together having meaningful conversations, Ricky's proposal was a couple of hours.   Even dumb Ricky knows that a ring "don't mean nothing" that it's all being done in the name of quick fame and getting your face on TV.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Does anyone know what Tarik’s actual job is?  He seems super low functioning and I don’t understand how he can hold a job to support himself and his daughter.  Seems like Tarik should be living at home and sponging off of mom like Paul does.

Tarik and Paul probably have clerical or retail jobs, definitely NOT professionals.  I bet neither of them makes more than 40K per year.  

For all the parents who do not allow your kids to grow and do not push them into being independent....remember Tarik and Paul.   Paul is obviously dependent on his mother for acceptance and for guidance of everything, even his intimate life.   At this age, that's just wrong.   They also both, lack manners and a minimum of common sense and human decency.  I think Tarik has a little bit of mental delays (cognitive and behavioral).

By the way, when I was growing up I had an aunt who would tell me and my cousin that we'd never amount to anything....into our teenage years.  Neither of us gave a rat's ass about her comments and we both turned out fine.  Cousin and I still laugh about it.  Life has a funny way of turning things around.

• Love 4