Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Melissa looks like she is 15 years old tops...she even mentioned she had to do homework

Melissa and Darcey’s daughters all look the same age to me 

44 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The translator hopefully translated the documents accurately

The scene with the translator reminded me of the question segment of the Miss Universe Pageant when the contestant doesn’t speak English 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Real4real said:

And where is Mama Chantal when you need her?  Things just got a whole lot more stupider.

Tarik coined a new word tonight, too, when he said “It can’t get any realer than this.” 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Melissa and Darcey’s daughters all look the same age to me 

The scene with the translator reminded me of the question segment of the Miss Universe Pageant when the contestant doesn’t speak English 

If Pole didn't spend all that money on the stuffies, he could have arranged for a notarized written translation for Karine's parents.

Tarik, you speak too soon. Things can get a lot more realer.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

Is it me or is Jon scared to have sex so he said be right back to check on Lucy?

Maybe he’s not into her. I’m not trying to be superficial but she meets the love of her life for the first time with a crying baby and not a lick of makeup and messy hair. Maybe she should have left Lucy with grandpa and met him for one on one time. She’s pissing me off presenting the frumpy unkempt side. That’s the best she can do? 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Ricky looked a bit perturbed when Melissa called him a coward for being afraid to fly.  She is so not interested in him.  Ricky is a chumpity chump and I doubt he sees any action with her.  She seemed pretty vacant to me. 

And looks underage! I guess TLC checks this out? It’s gross how he thinks he’s in love with some stranger he’s only texted with. And actually sends her money. There really is one born every minute. 

• Love 4

I too really like Angela. She’s been my favorite from S1 Ep1 of this season.

Though it still makes me giggle every time Jesse talks about not being a “fodder” to Darcy’s kids, he reminds me more and more of Patrick Bateman in “American Psycho” with every cold-eyed look over Darcy’s shoulder when they embrace. Yikes.

Oh, Ricky. Bless his heart. And his Spanish is actually quite good. 

Karine doesn’t seem afraid to stand up to Pole. Hopefully that will save her.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

Maybe he’s not into her. I’m not trying to be superficial but she meets the love of her life for the first time with a crying baby and not a lick of makeup and messy hair. Maybe she should have left Lucy with grandpa and met him for one on one time. She’s pissing me off presenting the frumpy unkempt side. That’s the best she can do? 

That plain white T-shirt! Girl why? Angela had on a better nighty. 

• Love 19

Have they ever said how old Melissa is supposed to be? I’m beginning to think that’s the “catch” of this online relationship and that she’s underage. First showing up with braces on her teeth then saying she had “homework” makes me really suspicious 

• Love 5

I have the most overwhelming urge to grab some scissors and chop off the 4 inches of frayed, split ends on Angela's hair.

Tonight the stars of the show for me were Michael, Hazel, and Melissa's faces. They said it all, from complete lack of interest, to revulsion.

Editing to add, I wonder how Tariq felt watching this and seeing that Hazel only views him as a ticket out.

Edited by RedBagWithMakeup
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Have they ever said how old Melissa is supposed to be? I’m beginning to think that’s the “catch” of this online relationship and that she’s underage. First showing up with braces on her teeth then saying she had “homework” makes me really suspicious 

He said she a nurse, if I remember correctly. But she needed him to send her money every week.

• Love 1

I would think that on some level, all the Americans looking for spouses in poorer countries have some idea that part of the interest in them is a ticket out of whatever circumstance their so-called 'soulmate' find themselves in. The better life in the US - no matter what the package is like. Can't be much worse than what it is there. But, yes it can. The prospective mate may not be all what he or she seems to be and they find out once they get to the US. Being nice, bringing gifts is all good, but it is the ticket out that matters. Even if it comes at a price.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

He said she a nurse, if I remember correctly. But she needed him to send her money every week.

You're right, Ricky did say Melissa is a nurse. I was getting her mixed up with Hazel. Maybe she's a nursing student (just like Chantel!)

7 hours ago, Horrified said:

Darcy is the QUEEN of street vendor "designer" labels.  Every frickin' thing she wears or carries is a knock-off.  Number of people fooled?  Zero.

Yea that is what I thought but she did buy the Louboutins when she went to see jessi

Melissa showing up almost three hours late for a date she had a lot of notice about because she had plans... I imagine these "plans" involve a certain clientele.

It's one thing to be modest or conservative, but Hazel displays no chemistry at all toward Tarik.  If she needs Tarik to show her she can trust him, she needs to show Tarik that she's interested in more than just a meal ticket to America.

Poor Michael, he starting to realize the nightmare he is in.

I knew the pregnancy test was another TLC fake-out.  

Darcy calling her daughters Jesse's step kids while they took pictures was just cringe-worthy.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Personally, and maybe this is partly relative... but I find Angela to be rather likable.  Yes, she could use a make over and some practice modulating her volume.  But, compared to the vapid, vacuous, self-absorbed people that comprise almost everyone else on this show, I would choose to spend time with Angela, who seems genuine, authentic, and has at least some self-awareness, any day of the week. 

I agree! She can go from NOT to HOT! Like honey boo boo’s mom

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

It was also a little worrisome how Jon kept talking about how much stress this was...and the baby crying was stressing him...and his mom had to make him tea to calm him down. I’m wondering if he has other issues going on which keeps him home with Mom. Like mental health issues? 

I was thinking the same thing... and I actually think she was too, she has a weird look on her face when he was doing that. I was actually worried for the baby when she let him deal with the crying... I was thinking what if he snaps?? That’s your baby I wouldn’t trust a stranger with my baby!! No way!

• Love 16

Rachel's big white tshirt with the frayed collar when she and Jon were settling in for their first night together ... smh. I thought it was a little wierd how they immediately acted like an "old married couple" right off the bat ... 

Ricky's Spanish skills are a little confusing. He seems somewhat able carry on a conversation, yet doesn't know a lot of simple words. 

Hazel .... I want to dislike her for being so opportunistic, (the only reason she was jealous if his ex from Bangkok was probably so she wouldnt take away HER meal ticket) but when she said she had to give up custody of her son, my heart broke a little for her. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I have two pet peeves regarding this storyline. The first is that TLC is irresponsible for repeatedly hinting that people are getting catfished by Spanish fashion models, breast implanted Columbian hotties or mysteriously evasive Filippinas, and yet the dreamboat love interests always show up. I don't think it's realistic. At this time there are probably tens of thousands of people being catfished, they watch this show and all those unexpected happy endings reinforce their delusions. The second pet peeve is suitors like Ricky who are literally being led by their dicks pretending that they are gentlemen and totally uninterested in sex - their intentions are pure. Nothing could be further from the truth. Besides being a filthy lie, this is the lowest effort courtship imaginable. They pursue women that are overtly sexual, for their own sexual gratification, then act all coy in their presence, like women that present themselves that way don't welcome that kind of attention to at least some degree. So instead of making an effort getting to know the woman as a person, exploring her desires, trying to be an attentive and creative lover, doing things together to create bonds, it's like they just give up and and try to sell themselves as a celibate, sexually undemanding partner.

I agree 100%, but if we're being honest here, you had me at Garbage Gnome.

1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I'm looking forward to next week's insane religious displays.

It's not complete without rattlesnakes.

• Love 8

I hate to say this but those poor girls better get the beer goggles out or throw on a set of captain contacts cause Tarik and Ricky are nothing to look at! There definitely gonna need some liquid encouragement!! 

On another note I thought it was pretty weird that Melissa wore the same shirt she sent all her selfies in... like is that your only shirt? Pick a different one... he already saw that one...

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, millennium said:

2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I have two pet peeves regarding this storyline. The first is that TLC is irresponsible for repeatedly hinting that people are getting catfished by Spanish fashion models, breast implanted Columbian hotties or mysteriously evasive Filippinas, and yet the dreamboat love interests always show up. I don't think it's realistic. At this time there are probably tens of thousands of people being catfished, they watch this show and all those unexpected happy endings reinforce their delusions. The second pet peeve is suitors like Ricky who are literally being led by their dicks pretending that they are gentlemen and totally uninterested in sex - their intentions are pure. Nothing could be further from the truth. Besides being a filthy lie, this is the lowest effort courtship imaginable. They pursue women that are overtly sexual, for their own sexual gratification, then act all coy in their presence, like women that present themselves that way don't welcome that kind of attention to at least some degree. So instead of making an effort getting to know the woman as a person, exploring her desires, trying to be an attentive and creative lover, doing things together to create bonds, it's like they just give up and and try to sell themselves as a celibate, sexually undemanding partner.

I agree! It’s pathetic, trying to make themselves look like gentlemen when they chose those girls strictly on appearance! They don’t even care who they are as a person they see an opportunity to take advantage of someone less fortunate... it’s sad it’s like there literally buying them because they know they can’t get a girl in that league so they search out a poverty stricken country to find someone down on themselves that will stay with them because they literally don’t have a way out of there awful situation... and it’s all sex driven and  disgusting .  Sad . There nothing but nasty pigs these men

and true the catfished people are finding hope in what TLC is portraying here

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 21

Angela was SO embarrassing grabbing at Michael like that. She has no basic manners at all and she's literally bowling him over. She is so outside his comfort zone with her behavior, add to that the age difference, and NOT being her selfies, and she has blown herself right out if the water. And she doesn't know what a hawker is? Girl, that is not unique to Nigeria!

Hazel is kind? When I first heard him say that last week I thought he was so naïve as he barely knows this girl. Now seeing her in person, kind is the last word I would use to describe her. Cold and calculating is more like it. She knows what she wants from him. No mention of what she is offering. Not sure what to make of her desire to not have sex until she marries him. Since her family is religious, that could be it, but she does have a child and I haven't heard it mentioned that she was married before.

Jon's mom infantalizes him. She acts as though he's 16 and too young to even consider parenting. Not a very nice person. Jon himself seems a bit better this week. I thought it was sweet when he went to comfort Lucy. Just hope he can keep a handle on that stress and learn to live with the changes.

Melissa seemed sweet, but she's ghosting him again. I don't think she ever planned for this to be a real relationship and he's backed her into a corner.

Surprised Karine's father was accepting. I think she brought the pregnancy test thing on herself by flirting with other guys, but it was still extreme. At least it appears Paul only got the restraining order for texting. Sure would like to know why he set that fire and to what.

Jesse was somewhat more bearable this episode. It is unrealistic for her to expect him to feel comfortable in the father role. They are both idiots to expect this to work.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, renatae said:

Hazel is kind? When I first heard him say that last week I thought he was so naïve as he barely knows this girl. Now seeing her in person, kind is the last word I would use to describe her. Cold and calculating is more like it. She knows what she wants from him. No mention of what she is offering.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t feel an ounce of sympathy for this girl. All my sympathy goes to Ari. She’s the only one with no choice in this ridiculousness.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Melissa.  The gif that keeps on giving.   I agree something about her seems curious.   Is she bi-racial?  Colombian and Asian?  Has she had too much plastic surgery?  And braces?  Homework?  I would get back on the plane and be content with never finding out.  Ricky's spidey sense is probably tingling but he doesn't notice because of that other tingling.

“The gif that keeps on giving” - slow clap for the best one liner.  Though I bet she also keeps on taking.  

I will note that all y’all owe me money because I had my chips on “she exists, she shows, she is from the photos.”

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Melissa looks like she is 15 years old tops...she even mentioned she had to do homework.

Agreed!  Ricky better take his Keenan Thompson looking ass back to Ohio before he finds himself talking to Chris Hansen in a "To Catch a Predator" episode.

8 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Is it me or is Jon scared to have sex so he said be right back to check on Lucy?

He stepped out to have a good puke.   No way in hell I would let that fledgling serial killer be alone with my child.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Personally, and maybe this is partly relative... but I find Angela to be rather likable.  Yes, she could use a make over and some practice modulating her volume.  But, compared to the vapid, vacuous, self-absorbed people that comprise almost everyone else on this show, I would choose to spend time with Angela, who seems genuine, authentic, and has at least some self-awareness, any day of the week. 

8 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I too really like Angela. She’s been my favorite from S1 Ep1 of this season.

Though it still makes me giggle every time Jesse talks about not being a “fodder” to Darcy’s kids, he reminds me more and more of Patrick Bateman in “American Psycho” with every cold-eyed look over Darcy’s shoulder when they embrace. Yikes.

Oh, Ricky. Bless his heart. And his Spanish is actually quite good. 

Karine doesn’t seem afraid to stand up to Pole. Hopefully that will save her.

2 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I found Angela constantly grabbing for Michael's private parts nauseating. How he made it through that night, I'll never know.  She doesn't belong there; doesn't belong in this situation. She needs to find a nice 50-something year old man in Georgia, to go out to eat and to tractor pulls with.

So far, I do like Angela and Rachel. Don’t get me wrong I think they are making questionable choices, BUT I think they are probably genuinely kind people who do want an emotionally intimate relationship. 

As far as Angela, I understand as women get older the men start dying off and there may not be that many available men her age in her home town, but she could get on online and find a guy in the closest metro area who would be into her.

Rachel has a divorce and two kinds under her belt but she is young and lovely. Again, a single dad looking for a companion isn’t far fetched. Or a slightly older man who’s kids are grown and out of the house might be a good fit for her. 

I was going to wait and see about Tariq and Ricky but Tariq crossed some boundaries. Just because you’ve been talking to a woman online doesn’t mean she owes you anything a few hours after you’ve met! Yes, Hazel is very pretty, but one “you’re gorgeous” is enough- if you keep saying that she knows that’s all you’re concerned about.  

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Tarik, Hazel doesn't seem very 'in' to you.

Well, there's a no shit statement if I ever heard one.  Chunky?  yeah, but she's not exactly a prize either.  Sure, she's not ugly by any stretch, but not pretty enough to make me fly from Virginia to the Philippines by way of Bangkok and who knows where else either.  She needs to get over herself, even though she's only using Chunky to get a green card.  

• Love 18
9 hours ago, PityFree said:

Interesting! I remember reading a very long time ago that if you wore a shirt that was close to your eyecolor, it made you seem more trustworthy and truthful.  I wonder if Paul is trying such a strategy.

I can only imagine Paul thinking "Blue is for boys. I must wear blue."  He seems that immature.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I thought she had a "rode hard and put away wet" look myself.

I unfortunately work with an "Angela stereotype" and my ex husband's current wife is one if you replace the hair with short brunette and add several tattoos.