Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh my god she’s kissing on the mouth and he just puked!

He’s 5’ 2”tall, max.

He brushed his teeth though. She appears to be the same height as him. His buddies had a good laugh over his height.

21 hours ago, kacesq said:

Jon is 34 and lives with his mum. God I love this show.. also I'm officially old because I cannot take these filtered selfies that so many of our contestants here take. 

Jon is 34, lives with his mum, has a criminal record, is clearly dumb as a box of rocks, and has a job sorting garbage.  You mean to tell me Rachel couldn't have found a prize like this here in the US?

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, Lynn said:

His buddies had a good laugh over his height.

We cannot do anything about our height.  But he could shave that awful thick beard.  Even if he brushed his teeth with a dry toothbrush (which I guess the camera crew supplied - surely he doesn't carry one about with him?) bits of barf could still be stuck in that beard. And they kissed and kissed.  Ugh!

I'm wondering why the trials & tribulations of Fannypack Ricky are being followed?  Production surely knows she's not real - they'd check things out wouldn't they?  She can't be real.  I don't want to know  spoilers, so I'm kinda curious how it's going to turn out.  Does Ricky finally slink back to the hotel?  Or does someone arrive to meet him?   

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Jon is 34, lives with his mum, has a criminal record, is clearly dumb as a box of rocks, and has a job sorting garbage.  You mean to tell me Rachel couldn't have found a prize like this here in the US?

Well, when you put it like that.... LOL

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Lynn said:

His buddies had a good laugh over his height.

They were also pretty glib about calling him a criminal, which makes me wonder what he did that his friends have no qualms about using that term.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

I hope this Ricky story is all fake because I can’t believe someone could actually be that stupid. Two hours late and you still think she’s showing up? Come on. 

Well, he's made friends with the bartender and is probably drinking shots of guaro, so he'll be fine.

• Love 1

I’m going to go for a shot in the dark here but I think the Tarik and Ricky catfish situations are the product of the TLC editing monkeys. I think there will be women arriving at some time. This reminds of last season how they kept us guessing with Courtney and the guy from Spain. 

• Love 12

4 HOURS AGO,  LOCALGOVT SAID: 

I thought we saw Rachel's older daughter in the first show..or am I confusing her with another child?

I rewatched the first episode of Season 2. Rachel’s older daughter, Ella, was definitely shown. She and Rachel were playing with a very large Barbie dollhouse. Perhaps we didn’t get a clear view of her face, but she was on camera nonetheless.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

No she was never shown. You may be thinking of Ricky’s eldest who’s 12. 

I remember as scene in ep. 1 where Rachel and her elder daughter we’re playing with a doll house together. They never showed the daughter’s face, but they did show the back of her head while they were playing.

They also showed Ricky’s eldest daughter. Both of the girls were shown on screen, but we never saw Angela’s daughter’s face.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

She looks like she's had illegal abortion(s).  Thinner, more sunken, less energy.

I thought she looked chunkier, but mostly just in her face.  Time is not going to be kind to this one.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, jrose16 said:

My favorite was Pole trying to explain what happened to his luggage to Karine. *Poof* - what a loser he is! I bet all the airport workers were having a good laugh at his expense. 

Teach him not stiff the baggage handler. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

He may not be the ultimate prize, but if she’s poor and lives in New Mexico then escaping the state is a prize. 

(IME, NM is a lovely place if you have lots of money and resources,  but if you don’t, it can be very challenging.)

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Exactly!  

I'm always amazed when these idiots spend a fortune on someone who lives in another country and they could've found that same person here in the states.  Then again, I think most of these idiots love the control factor that green card gets them.  Or that they think it gets them

• Love 3

I'll bet John didn't go to meet Rachel at the airport because he used the time to drink his courage.

Bridget, I took that to mean "We will never have a first kiss again, because we will never want to meet someone new."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LookABird said:

All the good items are in his fanny pack . . .

Maybe they thought he would leave when she didn't show up and they could jump him as he left the restaurant?  Everyone is still waiting....  LOL

7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I also love how people are able to determine so many personality traits (all of them positive by the way) from a picture and texts.  How do you know the person is kind?  You have never seen them interact with anyone.  Maybe they are rude to service people or kick puppies in their spare time.  And the people who think this stranger will be a terrific stepfather/mother are ALL kinds of delusional. 

This is my biggest problem with the people on this show. They project onto people they barely know, all the good traits they would like to have in a spouse based on not much more than a photo or two. Incredible.

I have to say my husband is the love of my life, truly, and we've always said that to each other. You are probably right, though, we don't go around saying that to others, lol.

• Love 4
On 8/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, Mothra said:

Is it the same quality that makes men rather than women the big customers at strip clubs?  Do they believe that the dancers truly find them so attractive that the dancers are driven into writhing orgies of desire, just for them?  Women laugh with each other when men strip for them; men become serious and withdrawn and don't look at the men sitting near them.  Are men this gullible, or stupid?  And why haven't women capitalized on this?

This show reveals profound truths, imo, and deserves the serious study we apply to it every week.  Don't be ashamed that you watch this show, my sisters:  we are Researchers doing the Goddess's work.

I think Bill Burr explained it best, about how women have no clue what it's like to be a man:

It starts at 8:19, I put the link with time already set there... but somehow it's not working, so you have to jump there manually

It's because every man's penis is a dreamer... it's like having a motivational speaker 24/7...

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Rachel's hair is looking a bit greasy, that and her sweatshirt is not the best look to meet a new man. But then again she is meeting Jon who is no prize himself. ERK, barfing????

Rachel's blue top had "Great Britain" written on it.  She is shown wearing the same top in some of the flashback scenes where she is FaceTiming with Jon.  My bet is that the top was a gift from Jon.  It may have even been his top to begin with, which would explain why it is oversized on her?  I can picture him giving it to her saying that she can wear it and think of him.  Thus, she chose to wear it to their first meeting.  Some dry shampoo could have helped her hair situation, but then again she is travelling with a small baby, and was likely just trying to survive the trip.  The sidewalk puking, I could have done without seeing, yuk.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, PupCal said:

So uh Tarik's pretty cute, why's his major malfunction that he has to be on this show?

He also gets points for calling himself a real-tor.  Not "real - a - tor".

• Love 14
9 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I dont see travelers cheques at all anymore. I usually have a few pounds but I mostly is my credit cards that dont have foreign transaction  fees

Around 7-8 years ago I got $1000 worth of AmExp traveler's checks (no-fee) for a trip I didn't end up taking. I filed the checks away safely and just never got around to using them. Well, I remembered them a few months ago and figured I might as well use them up locally since I rarely travel and so they wouldn't get lost. Couldn't find merchants that would take them. Supermarkets, big box stores, gas stations, NO ONE. I tried at least 10 places. A lot of staff didn't even know what they were. Fortunately I was allowed to deposit them at my bank. No one is using them anymore. It's all cards. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was being sarcastic. Fat shaming is pretty prevalent in shows of this type. 

Thank you. I've certainly noticed that. However, seeing today how many find those sad people on 600# Life to be a source of amusement has truly been a downer for me.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I have a feeling Angela may have a tough time getting a Visa for him to live in the USA, if it reaches that point.

Of course they do. If the stick turns pink , its a girl, if it turns blue , its a boy.

OMG, hilarious!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The Paddington Express is a 15-20 minute train ride from Heathrow. Not very taxing. Not like schlepping your bags on the bus that takes 2 hours to get anywhere in central London or hopping the Piccadilly line for an hour's tube ride and then hauling the bags.. Really easy to connect to most of London from Paddington. Maybe Jon doesn't have a vehicle and couldn't afford a return ticket. Cab fare to his home, sure.

Although I wouldn't want to stay with some dude I haven't met.

Few people look good after a long-haul overnight flight.

No one needed to see Jon vomit on the street - nerves, alcohol, who knows.

But jon could have taken the tube to Heathrow . It's only a couple of pounds. The Heathrow express is a total ripoff. If he met her he could have helped her navigate the tube. Even the Heathrow Connection is way cheaper than the express. I don't understand why he didn't meet her at the airport. He freaking fondled Lucy's umbilical cord regularly, get on the damn subway and go to the airport . 

Ricky is going to give Melissa only a set amount of time and that's it

Two hours later, just a little longer. This better be a catfish or I will feel cheated by TLC. 

• Love 8

Have we ever seen Paul's father? I'll bet they could pass as brothers and Paul might even share clothes with Dad. Mom probably shops for their wardrobe. And don't ask me why, but I have a hunch that everything in their house reeks of mothballs. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yes, there is a huge amount of filler on all the 90 Days shows.   I guess they have trouble finding 80 minutes a week of halfway interesting original content.

I suspect whoever is scamming Ricky has a bigger, long con in mind.  Spending months luring a guy thousands of miles to steal his clothes and a few personal items from his hotel room doesn't seem like a great business model.  

The way that person practically dropped off the face of the earth once he said he was going there, I don't think he or she expected that to ever happen. Probably just hoping for a long distance con. But now that he showed up, well, a hotel robbery might be a little consolation for them.

• Love 2

Black Panther's friends were really funny... I love Nigerians they are really fun people, they reminded me of some of my classmates.   "She is just like your grandma!" , "You know how American women are, you know, stubborn, bossy.." , "white ladies tend to be bossy, so like I'm scared that she is going to impose herself on Mike" , "He's in love with a grandma". I know it was all staged, but funny nonetheless. Black Panther has no clue what he is getting himself into... 

Rachel, she seems like a nice person, but my guess is she is a total horn dog when it comes to guys of her type, hence the pregnancy with some dude who I'm sure had similar looks/physique to Jesse. I'm not saying she's overly promiscuous, but one of those women who move too fast into relationships, has sex on the first date regularly, and starts bringing her clothes and tampons into a guy's place the moment she gets any attention. I can't quite figure out Jesse, seems strange he would go for Rachel and her situation, maybe he likes being around Americans since he was a American football player. I had to chuckle at the sister's subtle dissappointing face at the strange situation he has put himself into... yeah, it's weird. 

Paul the Freak and Karine Gyllenhão (Gylleninho?) seem like it won't work out. She flips between being really thoughtful (like the hotel surprise) to being a bit indifferent to him like out in public. Texting other dudes while having a fiance? Yeah, she's playing the field. I know sometimes women play games to make the guy jealous to test if he is still interested, but I think she is just hedging her options. Maybe she realized through social media how low people think of Paul, and has gotten over the exotic Gringo looks of Paul...

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I believe they can find 80 minutes or more of original content; they are just being greedy.  Given the viewership for other TLC shows like "Counting On - The Duggars" and "Out Daughtered",  clearly, the revenue from this show is what's keeping TLC afloat.  They've struck gold. Hence, all the different variations.  However, 24 minutes of commercials per hour is a bit much.  They should probably take heed of "The Tale of the Golden Goose."

Not only that, the "More to Love" so called expanded shows that keep showing up on my DVR as "new" drive me nuts. Especially as I watched one once and didn't see anything new. Just keep bleeding that turnip, TLC. You're not making fans with this tactic.

• Love 7

Bullshit, Rachel had no money.  She used a credit card to buy her Heathrow Express ticket from the conductor (which is the most expensive way to buy, much cheaper to buy 90 days in advance, so thanks for bailing at the last minute, asshole, er, Jon). 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I can understand wanting someone special in your life, but these folks are taking all kinds of crazy risks.  In 1995, I met a man I'd corresponded with online for an entire year.  No big romance, and he wasn't the love of my life, but we had a pretty good time together, and I wish he were alive today.  But he didn't come at me like, "I'm going to marry this American girl and take her back to Australia."  He didn't come bearing an engagement ring.  We had never spoken on the phone, we had never seen each other, just emails back and forth, every day for a year. 

I agree with all you wrote but just wanted to say so sorry to read that he had passed.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, lizzie3 said:

Angela: I’ve put everything into this trip - money, time

also Angela: all I know about Africa is that it’s hot.

Oh my, the posters on this forum never fail to make me laugh.  I love you all!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

But jon could have taken the tube to Heathrow . It's only a couple of pounds. The Heathrow express is a total ripoff. If he met her he could have helped her navigate the tube. Even the Heathrow Connection is way cheaper than the express. I don't understand why he didn't meet her at the airport. He freaking fondled Lucy's umbilical cord regularly, get on the damn subway and go to the airport . 

Ricky is going to give Melissa only a set amount of time and that's it

Two hours later, just a little longer. This better be a catfish or I will feel cheated by TLC. 

For Jon to get to Heathrow, yes, it is definitely cheaper to just take the tube.  It takes a lot longer though - about an hour compared to about 15 minutes on Heathrow Express.  https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/underground  For Rachel to get to downtown London, I think Heathrow Express was probably the only viable option for someone on her first trip to the UK and having to navigate with both a suitcase and a stroller.  Both Heathrow and Paddington have nice, flat common areas with modern lifts.  I hate to think how she would have navigated some of the Underground stations, not all of which have lifts.  I always spring for the Express train myself.  I also think she would have done well to get a hotel at Heathrow for the first day, to get over jet lag and start acclimating to a foreign country.  There is one that connects to the airport, and a "hotel row" you can get to with a free bus.

I can't decide whether Rachel is plain or cute.  It's like the Seinfeld episode where his date looked either hot or homely depending on which side of her face he was looking at. 

Edited by QueBueno
clarification
  • Love 4

No cable here so I get 90 day through amazon prime video season pass. It costs 24.99 for the season but there's no filler. No commercials, no promos. The 2 hour show is 1 hour and 25 minutes of content. It's definitely worth 25 bucks to not have to watch ads for dr pimple popper and Duggar spawn. 

• Love 8

I'm late to the snark party, primarily because I was overcome by how incredibly STUPID these people are. But, stupid to the point that I feel sorry for them.

I thought Angela would be the new Danielle, thus fun to snark on, but it's sad that she is so clueless, or desperate. She got points for being good with her grandkids and caring for her mom, so I'm being more merciful, haha. If a stranger PM's you on facebook, you should at least give a side eye. If that stranger is from Nigeria, delete, delete, delete! 

Ricky...Oh mylanta, what an epic dumbass!

I'm not sure yet about Rachel and Pukebeard, but at least they have developed a relationship.

The ongoing saga of Pole and his journey into the Amazon is always fun, but I agree with everyone one, during four months of being back home he couldn't bother to learn more than a few phrases of Portuguese? I suppose he was too preoccupied with stalking Karine on facebook.

Edited by RedBagWithMakeup
  • Love 6

Before reading the comments, I have to say that I feel like I just wasted two hours of my life watching nothing but people packing suitcases, talking about going wherever they are going, the obligatory and scripted "meeting with friends," passport/visa drama, waiting and searching at the airport for baggage, waiting in a London train station and it goes on and on.

Seriously, NOTHING happened other than Darcey and Jesse fighting but that's nothing too because they are acting and in it for publicity. The guy with "Hazel" bored me so much I forwarded past his segments and at the end of the two hours he was just getting ready to leave for his trip! The catfish guy in the restaurant? That went on for way too long. His segments on the show were sitting in a car and waiting for this phantom date.  Georgia Grandma's segments were a whole lotta nothing too. I find both Paul and Karine are skeevy and itch when they come on my TV.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

My cousin talks about going to another country to find a woman because American women are too bossy. He also still lives at home with his parents and no women around here want him. Sound familiar?

I expect to see him on an upcoming season. You might want to give him a link to the application!

• Love 6

I didn't comment on Darcey and Jesse because A) I can't stand them,  2.) They are only on the show for publicity, and C), they have no relationship, unless you consider endless fighting and sniping a relationship.

I hope Darcey doesn't have to go through any turnstiles in NYC, because if her extensions get caught, she might need a scalp transplant.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I didn't comment on Darcey and Jesse because A) I can't stand them,  2.) They are only on the show for publicity, and C), they have no relationship, unless you consider endless fighting and sniping a relationship.

I didn't comment on Darcy and Jesse because anything I could possibly say would simply wither in the brilliance of toasterstrudel's "Commandant Jesse."

• Love 5

“Pounders” is a nickname for the group of people who post during the live broadcast of “My 600 Pound Life.” There appears to be a large contingent who also watch the 90 Days shows. People are suggesting nicknames for the 90 Days watchers. 

BTW, I’m also a proud Pounder. Good evening everyone, how’s your eating habit? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Someone please tell me what a pounder is?

It’s a group of people from this forum who comment live on “My 600 Pound Life”...very fun to follow - I don’t even watch the show sometimes, I just read the thread.

• Love 3