Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh this has to be recorded. Mike's 'words of wisdom' to Golnesa about Shalom, who is stalking and harrassing her about the ring (valued at 165k in an earlier episode). Golnesa says she's had to block Shalom on social media because he's harrassing her. She describes this and 'back to back' texts. Rabbi Mike mansplains that he went through EXACTLY this with Jessica. He blocked Jessica on SM because she'd blocked him (because in Rabbi Mike's book, this is the mature thing to do). Golnesa then explains she had to block Shalom because of harrassment. Mike then continues to mansplain  to Gigi that what she is ACTUALLY FEELING, IS NOT WHAT SHE HAS JUST TOLD HIM SHE IS FEELING ie. that what she sees as 'harrassment' is  actually just his deep rooted LOVE for her and what she's doing WITH HIS ring. Gigi is just too dumb and female (my little sister crap) to understand. This. Guy. That ring was an engagement ring. If you give one, you don't expect it back. They got married as well, so even more so. Mike's description of it as 'his ring' illuminates just what this trogolodyte is: an unreconstructured misogynist and a massive hypocrite. 

And this little exchange was preceded by Mike ordering Mona to stop packing! Get a drink! Now! You're being timed! It really didn't come across as that light hearted. He's a really controlling creep. Mona looked like a scared rabbit. She stopped moving like you do when you're not sure if someone is joking or not, and 'not' is scary. 

Mike is out of control. He is also an easy read. The way he told Reza that he'd split up with Morgan by first making a comment about how many girls had 'hit him up' since getting to Vegas. Then he pulls back and says 'I ignored them all'. Then he creeps a little further toward the truth 'even though I'm single'. Still Reza isn't paying him attention. So Mike adds in Farsi that 'she got angry and left'. Finally Reza wakes up and says 'who?' and Mike, great souled human with only the comfort of others on his mind, responds 'Morgan, but I don't want them (his friends) to know right now). As usual, this is all bullshit. She may have 'got angry' and left, but only after Mike banned her from coming to Vegas. I just cannot with his bs selfsacrificing 'i'm only protecting my parents' schtick. Mike should be keeping the lessons of TRav and Michael Darby at the forefront of his lizard brain, because something like this is coming for Mike. He hates women. 

• Love 13

Let's turn it up! Let's get turnt! How old are these idiots? 

No, MJ, you don't talk about cheating on your about to be husband if he isn't doing you 6 times a day. Even if it was a joke, it wasn't funny. I see she's back to getting shitfaced again. She's almost 50. It's just not a good look and we have seen it all before with her. 

• Love 7

Holy smokes, Shervin in so hairy!  He could at least have the hair waxed off his back.  I think it’s sweet that he always looks out for GG and I use to think he was really handsome but this season not as much.  In my opinion both Mike and Shervin are way to stocky and would look much better lean.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

Holy smokes, Shervin in so hairy!  He could at least have the hair waxed off his back.  I think it’s sweet that he always looks out for GG and I use to think he was really handsome but this season not as much.  In my opinion both Mike and Shervin are way to stocky and would look much better lean.

Right?? I used to think Shervin was so handsome, now they both look so bloated and sweaty! 

13 hours ago, queenjen said:

Not introducing Morgan to his parents because 'she's not Jewish", is bullshit.

Here's a little tip for Mike: If not being Jewish is a deal breaker, then don't date women who aren't Jewish!! Does this moron look to sabotage himself or maybe deep down he doesn't really want to settle down with anybody so he intentionally looks for relationships he knows won't be mommy approved. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I see she's back to getting shitfaced again. She's almost 50. It's just not a good look and we have seen it all before with her. 

It was her bachelorette party, I see nothing wrong with getting fucked up.  And I was glad to see her leave instead of making a big scene about the single guys of the group spending their time hitting on chicks.

Mike doesn't want to put in the effort of finding someone, so he hasn't.  If a Persian Jewish woman who doesn't care about being cheated on fell in his lap tomorrow, he'd be married by spring.  He just doesn't want to have to work for anything, especially a woman.  And he can't understand why his brothers have had better success despite Mike being "the hot one" (debatable).

• Love 10
Just now, bichonblitz said:

Here's a little tip for Mike: If not being Jewish is a deal breaker, then don't date women who aren't Jewish!! Does this moron look to sabotage himself or maybe deep down he doesn't really want to settle down with anybody so he intentionally looks for relationships he knows won't be mommy approved. 

Of course his mother can't watch the show and see that he's dating a non-Jewish woman.  I think this is all Mike's passive-aggressive way of getting back at his parents for somehow being responsible for his failures.  In Mike World everything's somebody else's fault.  His marriage didn't fail because he stuck his dick into everything that wasn't nailed down, it failed because Jessica didn't start out Jewish, so it was inevitable that the marriage couldn't last.  Jessica was a little nuts ("I'm a wife!  I'm a wife!"), but she did everything this loser asked of her, and she still wasn't good enough for the Golden Dool.  Which rhymes with Tool, and that about says it for Mike.

Just now, OnceSane said:

And he can't understand why his brothers have had better success despite Mike being "the hot one" (debatable).

Being the hot one in that crew is like being the tallest Munchkin in Oz.  The bar is set pretty low.

• Love 17

I don't think Mike really wants to get married.  But he's afraid of verbalizing that to his family because he know that is what's expected of him.  

13 hours ago, queenjen said:

He will end up angry and alone.

Basically everybody ends up alone, but you shouldn't be angry.  I agree with the poster who said Michael is like TRav in that he hates women.  

Jessica, at first, I think tried to keep Mike away from the others because she thought THEY were a bad influence on him.  Then she realized that Mike doesn't need anybody to be a bad influence, he can do that all by himself.

• Love 9

I can’t help it; I still find Nema really really cute. But he was losing me with the ONLY ONE GUY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE stuff. I mean, why bother getting married or having a serious relationship if you find monogamy that repulsive. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

It was her bachelorette party, I see nothing wrong with getting fucked up.  And I was glad to see her leave instead of making a big scene about the single guys of the group spending their time hitting on chicks.

Mike doesn't want to put in the effort of finding someone, so he hasn't.  If a Persian Jewish woman who doesn't care about being cheated on fell in his lap tomorrow, he'd be married by spring.  He just doesn't want to have to work for anything, especially a woman.  And he can't understand why his brothers have had better success despite Mike being "the hot one" (debatable).

I think Mike will get married at some point - to a woman mom has picked out. I think mom holds the purse strings and supplements Mike's lifestyle. He will marry someone Jewish and Persian and he will give mom the grand kids she wants and he will continually cheat on the wife.

I wonder if his deadline is "45"

I also think Mike picked a fight with Morgan because he didn't want her in Vegas. He knows that if she's thirsty enough to be on TV, she'll take him back when they are back in California.

MJ was pretty well behaved on her night at Tao's.

• Love 6

Mike's immaturity hit another low when he tried to slut-shame MJ by saying she'd slept with "Half the city" because he called him out on the truth -- that he cheated. MJ can have all the consensual sex in the world because none of that even remotely compares to ruining a relationship with infidelity. And the fact that he even admitted that he slut-shamed her because he was upset that he was called a cheater, which he is, is just so fucking childish. Good luck to any woman who decides to put up with him, even if I'm silently asking why.

I did like that MJ was like, Oh yeah? "I had the whole city." Watch me put on this [insert product placement of my own brand] while I own my sexuality, jackass. Still not a cheater, though! MJ gets to go home to someone who's completely nuts about her and Mike could have had the same thing, if only he kept his dick in his pants. And respected women. And weren't a manchild. But, I digress. 

• Love 15

It REALLY looked like Nema was talking to Stassi Schroeder in the club after MJ left. The cameras would get close, but then someone would block her face. Is Stassi with someone at the moment? Because Nema was asking her (Stassi, or lookalike) if the guy she was with at the moment was her 'soulmate'. 

• Love 2

I don’t really find Nema (it autocorrected to anemia, hee) attractive. There was a closeup of him on his laptop and his skin looked bad. He has a nice smile, though.

Destiney is cute with her constant dancing.

I can’t see Reza, or MJ for that matter, having children. Giving up this lifestyle would not be easy. 

It is fun watching this group—they’re so demonstrative, and, all the food! *drool*

• Love 5

You guys have probably saved me from going back and looking again. I agree @biakbiak, Stassi is a all about the cameras, so that was the thing that made me wonder too. But I also found it interesting that the 3 or so times they panned from Mike and Shervin, then back over to Nema, we'd see blonde hair and part of her face and what he was saying, and then someone's body would block the rest of her face. I was wondering if she might be there on the DL. Unlikely. I know. I probably haven't watched enough of the Stassi years of VPR to get a true feel. Also, we didn't see what Golnesa was up to once MJ retired with her gayntourage, or whatever version of 'my gays' is being propagated on Bravo at this moment. blech. 

• Love 1

Well, Jax and GG have "known each other Biblically," so if the VPR gang had indeed met up with them, I wouldn't have been surprised... but I agree that that didn't really look like Stassi (and would have made it all about herself if it were).

• Love 3
On 9/28/2018 at 11:25 AM, Emmeline said:

Mike has always looked like King Koopa to me. I guess Shervin is the (larger) cartoon version versus Mike's video game one.

• Love 1

I've been binging this season over the past 48 hours. I have been in bed with the flu whilst the season plays over and over...

I want to say that my favourite moment of all 7 seasons was when MJ pulls out her lippy and lays down a deadpan, perfect product placement.

In fact, it played out in several fever dreams and every single time I was living for it.

Don't slutshame a woman when you've had a "bachelor pad" broseph. In fact, just STFU guy. Women aren't about what men think or expect and I find Mike repulsive. It is a wonder why nothing, and I do mean nothing at all, except for being on this show, seems to have worked out for him.

• Love 11

After a fun night of clubbing in Vegas, the group wakes up and makes a shocking discovery about Mike. When he is confronted, chaos ensues and tensions come to a head. Once back in LA, MJ's wedding preparations continue with her first dress fitting. GG takes her weed business to the next level with help from Nema.

Airs October 11, 2018.

“Here’s my story” *points at a projected PowerPoint with a 20-word bio*

This kind of SUPER awkward presentation has a simple remedy. Simple as in, it’s not like she has to get a doctorate. But she does actually have to put in work. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 10

These people are too old for the shit they do.  I don’t know how they can get up in the morning after all the drinking.  And then get on a plane.  Mike looks like a dodge ball.  His lifestyle is beginning to catch up with him.

• Love 10

Good grief,  could someone not have given Golnesa a "script" to go with for her pitch?

Something along the line of:

Hello everyone, thanks for coming today, my name is Golnesa and here is how I became interested in the canibus industry:

I was diagnosed with RA several years ago and underwent surgery on my hands for this and was not happy with traditional pain pills and their side affects. I then started researching the more natural healing affects of canibus and ways it can be used and here we are today!

• Love 23

Are these people the only ones in this world that love each other?  All I hear every damn minute is “I love you”.  The men love each other so much. But they are always fighting.  Same with the girls.  MJ gained about fifty pounds this season and wears such tight clothes it’s ridiculous.  Gigi was very pretty, but too much work on her face doesn’t look good, especially her lips.  Mike and Rena crying and hugging and professing their love for one another was just too much.  We all love our spouses, children, friends, but we don’t have to announce it every five minutes like this group.  Enough.  Vida is a horror to MJ.  I would never criticize my daughters about anything like Vida does.  I’ve never heard her tell MJ anything nice.  This group sure can drink.  Mike is a mommas boy and she has too much input in his life.  Jessica changed her religion for him and he goes and cheats on her.  Now,Morgan wasn’t allowed to go to Vegas until a few days after, so she split.  Good for her.  She never even met his Mother who probably would have disapproved anyhow.  What a bunch. Haha.  To old to get blitzed as they do.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Too old to party?  I didn’t know there was an age limit on partying.

I don't think any age is too old to party, but ANY age is not appropriate to get drunk AF and act like a total fool.

But then again who would we be able to point fingers and laugh at their drunkenness (as long as it is not at danger level).

• Love 7

I feel like the best part of this episode happened in next week's preview, where this episode was summed up with no irony whatsoever by Golnesa: 'I wasn't prepared for this'. I really feel for her sister now. Gigi has never had any intention of working and it must have been a hell that continues to this day, dealing with her as a sister and doing ALL THE WORK on that ridic hair line they were Gigi's sister was actually running with money from their parents. Some daughter's would be extremely conscious of failing and tipping the family money down the drain. Gigi's worse than Porscha with her sister. And the literal underground railway. She's worse than Teresa Giudice sitting on a yoga mat going 'Ommm' with her index and thumb together. It's stunning. It's wilful ignorance. 

What I am LIVING for is Mike getting kicked to the kerb by his 20 whatever year old human can of hairspray and fleekly eyebrowed Morgan. I loved Morgan's commitment to creating a Jewish High Holiday meal from nothing but what was in Mike's cupboards and access to her cell phone. I think Morgan will go places. Fortunately, not with Mike. 

I hope MJ is happy on her wedding day but Vida called that dress correctly. Cheesey. It seems to have a lot of fashion baubles slapped onto it from skin coloured mesh or invisiflesh or whatever it's actual name is, to that strange lattice feature at the front and the mermaidy train. She'd look so fckn elegant in a simple ivory or off white, with maybe a hint of gold to personalise it. I do love Tommy and MJ together, they seem to have a great rapport and trust. 

This episode tempted us to feel sympathy for 2 characters and I see you, production. But Mike is still an unreconstructed woman hating narcissist and Golnesa is an entitled ignorant princess. She gets points for trying and for undiagnosed hearing issues that have perhaps contributed to her acting like Helen Keller before Annie Sullivan turned up. And Reza loses points for gratuitous and awkward use of 'turnt', 'turnt up' and 'hunty'. Although he did deploy 'hunty' when he was trying to make MJ feel beautiful after her mother went for the dress. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Had a phone call and had to mute Mike’s meltdown - what was he crying about?!

Oh, please can i take this? So, would you guess that Mike was letting us in on the fact that he has been in SO MUCH PAIN since his divorce and he is JUST NOT READY for a relationship and all this pressure from all the people he has let down like his family and Jessica and Jessica's family and the tiny bit of Mike that died inside of him while he was screwing club hos while he was married to a woman who converted to Judaism for him. That was about it and it basically gives Mike a pass to do nothing but club and party with bronzered blondes until he is 65. If any of the group says anything, he'll reference this moment with Reza where Reza said he'd support Mike's decision. Why is there a dirty taste in my eyeballs? It was heinous. 

• Love 13

I guess with the relatively low-drama climate of this season, they had to nudge Shervin into blabbing what Reza said.  So: a little Persian "kaboom!"

Mike's self-pitying wail-a-thon sounded like so much addict behavior.  Maybe it's time for him to take a page from GG's book, and dry the fuck out.

I agree with Vida about mermaid dresses; sadly, her timing was pathetic.  But MJ seemed to be letting it roll right off, and I'm very proud of her for that.  It's hard to not let a Persian parent push those buttons.  Compare her reax during the dress fitting, to just a few years ago!  That's growth.  And I think we can thank Tommy for some of that.  He seems to love MJ without reservation, and this has boosted her self-confidence, and thus her ability to go selectively deaf to the worst of Vida's rants.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Had a phone call and had to mute Mike’s meltdown - what was he crying about?!

I watched it and I still don't know.  Another excuse to tramp around?  If you are an addict Mike then get help.  I you are simply into whoring around then just admit it and be upfront with the girls you date.

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

These people are too old for the shit they do.

Best quote ever.  Failure to launch comes to mind.

• Love 5
On 9/29/2018 at 12:48 AM, ivygirl said:

Well, Jax and GG have "known each other Biblically," so if the VPR gang had indeed met up with them, I wouldn't have been surprised... but I agree that that didn't really look like Stassi (and would have made it all about herself if it were).

GET OUT!!  Before they were Bravolebrities?  

• Love 2

M.J’s wedding was a dress fro about ten different dresses.  The top from one, the bodice from another, the mermaid from another and so on.  I wanted to study it for more than the minute they gave us.  If it makes her happy, so be it.  It’s her day.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Good grief,  could someone not have given Golnesa a "script" to go with for her pitch?

Something along the line of:

Hello everyone, thanks for coming today, my name is Golnesa and here is how I became interested in the canibus industry:

I was diagnosed with RA several years ago and underwent surgery on my hands for this and was not happy with traditional pain pills and their side affects. I then started researching the more natural healing affects of canibus and ways it can be used and here we are today!

I didn't realize that Nema and Shervin were going to GG's the day of the presentation, to help clean up her presentation.  REALLY?!  They were both (rightly) worried about her pulling this off but they waited until a couple hours beforehand to show up.  And then didn't even have her walk through what she was going to say.   I know, it's show shenanigans, but that was blatantly weird.

And what was the point of her meeting with her new COO and talking about her presenting, if GG was just going to do it anyway?

I'm glad Shervin cut his hair.

• Love 4

Sorry, still stuck on the presentation. I realize that being on reality TV =/= making business pitches or public speaking, but you’d think that after six seasons (plus this one) of being on TV, GG would be at least minimally aware that the people watching you will make judgments about you, and that mayyyyybe she should try to put her best foot forward. She’s all about never working a day in her life and now being THE BOSS, but not ACTUALLY putting any work in that real successful bosses do. 

Nema seems actually vaguely together and I think GG is gonna grow tiresome for him pretty soon.

• Love 4

It's hard for me to say who is worse, Mike or GG.  

I guess I'll have to choose GG, because she was mean to her cat.

But Mikey is always heinous, so maybe it's a tie?

Then there's Vida, so I guess it's really a trifecta of horror.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

OH MY GOD!  She is dead to me.

Trifecta of horror indeed.

I almost forgot to mention Mikey's poor doggies, locked out on the hot concrete patio.

Until Vida abuses her grandchild (and she surely will, at least verbally & emotionally), she gets third place - but just barely.  I haven't seen her kick MJ's doggie - YET.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Too old to party?  I didn’t know there was an age limit on partying.

Oh, yeah. I'm finding that there are all sorts of rules for older folks. As always, I am ignoring them. Our hair should not be too long, it should not be too dark, we shouldn't party, we shouldn't wear shorts, we shouldn't wear shorter dresses, we shouldn't wear bright make up, and we shouldn't take up space or make noise or have strong opinions or speak too loudly--but those rules go for women from the time of birth, actually.

Eff that nonsense.

12 hours ago, queenjen said:

Oh, please can i take this? So, would you guess that Mike was letting us in on the fact that he has been in SO MUCH PAIN since his divorce and he is JUST NOT READY for a relationship and all this pressure from all the people he has let down like his family and Jessica and Jessica's family and the tiny bit of Mike that died inside of him while he was screwing club hos while he was married to a woman who converted to Judaism for him. That was about it and it basically gives Mike a pass to do nothing but club and party with bronzered blondes until he is 65. If any of the group says anything, he'll reference this moment with Reza where Reza said he'd support Mike's decision. Why is there a dirty taste in my eyeballs? It was heinous. 

Perfection. You are the queen!

• Love 13