Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

I don’t necessarily consider Reza the saint that people are portraying him as being. I think he gets in everyone’s business because he hates not having the camera on himself. And,  the only death in Reza’s life has been his 16 year old cat?  I find that a little difficult to believe.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I don’t necessarily consider Reza the saint that people are portraying him as being. I think he gets in everyone’s business because he hates not having the camera on himself. And,  the only death in Reza’s life has been his 16 year old cat?  I find that a little difficult to believe.

I haven't seen a single indication that anyone is portraying Reza as a saint.  Quite the contrary, at least on these forums.  However, I will give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his 16 year old cat.  He's shown the "receipts", and the loss of a close long term animal companion is as devastating as the loss of a distant relative; at least, in my experience.

• Love 11
On 10/19/2018 at 12:06 PM, TexasGal said:

It seemed like MJ was pretending through the whole pre-nup thing.  She looked like she was trying not to laugh when she and Tommy were talking about it at the park.  Or maybe I just projected that because I can’t believe she would be so ridiculous.

Agreed - this had to be for the show; beyond ridiculous!

• Love 1
On 10/19/2018 at 3:21 PM, OnceSane said:

MJ's dad died before the wedding, but no announcement was made until after the wedding.

Which is weird, no?  I remember thinking, well at least he was able to see her get married.  That's too bad he didn't get to see her get married, even if it was on facetime.  

MJ feels the pressure of finalizing her wedding, planning for a baby and managing her mother, Vida; Mike and Reza bond over Mike's investment; GG takes steps to filing divorce paperwork; Destiney gets help on her rocky road to finding her father.

Airs October 25, 2018.

I just realised we didn't see the Mike and Morgan breakup scene! Unless the previews at the end of the episode before this were 'the rest of the season' and not just 'next episode', we had Morgan and Mike sitting at a table outside a coffee shop or restaurant and Morgan kicking him to the kerb. It couldn't be inside, because Mikey would have weighed up where to have this meeting with as few witnesses as possible and people walking past are less likely to take an interest than those serving or eating inside. I NEED TO SEE THIS SCENE!!!

An engagement ring is a gift given in consideration of marriage. When the marriage actually occurs, it becomes the wife's property. There is quite a bit of case law on the issue. These dumb assholes, who are insisting that GG give Shalom the ring back, are dumb assholes. I think there's absolutely an argument to be made that giving him the ring might motivate Shalom to just settle the divorce proceedings. However, legally she doesn't need to give him the ring back.

• Love 5
On 10/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, HunterHunted said:

An engagement ring is a gift given in consideration of marriage. When the marriage actually occurs, it becomes the wife's property. There is quite a bit of case law on the issue. These dumb assholes, who are insisting that GG give Shalom the ring back, are dumb assholes. I think there's absolutely an argument to be made that giving him the ring might motivate Shalom to just settle the divorce proceedings. However, legally she doesn't need to give him the ring back.

I have a feeling its not his ring.  I think it was either borrowed or offered on a short time lease and now he has to either pay for it or return it and he can't do either and is panicking.  I hear them out there, they're panicking (I have no idea what that's from, but its from something)  LOL    She knows this and is all out of fucks to give.  Team GG on this one  

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, dosodog said:

What's vanilla?

The finest of the flavors!*

Personally I'm all about wild blackberry.

*Barenaked Ladies!

Vanilla is my favorite - but I really liked how Destiney talked about the saffron, etc. saying how delicious they are - enjoying Destiney a lot!

• Love 6

I just can’t stand Reza, he is a narcissist.  The number of Cartier Love Bracelets he has on at $6000 a pop, probably all purchased by himself.  The way he rubs it in Adam’s face that it’s his money and he is writing all the checks is so demeaning.

Of course, Asa’s graces us with her presence to promote her boutique.  

I like Nema, he’s adorable.  I love the way Shervin always looks out for GG.  Wonder if they ever slept together??

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 5

Vida is harsh with no filter, but some of the things she says are true.  I don’t like MJ’s wedding dress, it does flatten her chest and she can’t even walk in it because it is a mermaid style dress.  That is so impractical, you want to look great on your wedding day but be comfortable too.  Pre-nup 2 weeks before the wedding, flower shopping days before it?  Sorry, I don’t believe any of that.  Also MJ’s blue outfit, the one you can see her under boob sweat is disgusting.  Wear a bra, they sell absorbable pads you put under your boobs to catch any sweat so we don’t have to see it.  She is the queen of inappropriate clothing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

The number of Cartier Love Bracelets he has on at $6000 a pop, probably all purchased by himself.

Oh lord!! I noticed! I looked them up a few episodes ago when we were talking about them here and they've MULTIPLIED across the cast since he gifted one to MJ. He's of course flaunting one of the REALLY expensive ones. Adam had on the simple 'gold nail' that encircles the wrist (I'm going to get a real nail and do the same, I like the industrial feel, but not gold), Reza, on the other hand, has the one that goes around your wrist numerous times at an accordingly much higher price point. I didn't look too closely, but it could have been adorned with diamonds, all those options exist over at Cartier. I saw one I'm pretty sure, also on GG's wrist when she was in the car with Shervin and moving Shalom's rented engagement ring around. What's the vig on $165k? Shalom is probably going to end up dead in a ditch over this. 

Erk. MJ and her boob sweat. It looked like she was in polyester. Not pretty. 

I got my Morgan sighting! I still don't know what they did with the footage they were supposed to show last week where Mike and Morgan are sitting outside a cafe and Morgan kicks him to the kerb. I hope Morgan got paid. 

Nothing much else happening. MJ's wedding and the death of her father have pretty much made this one the season of MJ and much as I like her on this show, it's not enough. Destiney and her lost Dad story is about as interesting as Cary Deuber's current SL on Dallas about 'reconnecting with her Dad'. Nema and GG aren't really giving me couple tease at all, for all the talk of their chemistry. Mike is a nagging stain that won't go away, Morgan at least temporarily added some glitter to Mike. Reza and Adam are also ho hum with the lame baby SL.

Cos it was so boring, I thought this: What if Jeff Lewis and Reza wife swapped Gage and Adam. Would it work?! 

• Love 8

Nema just gets better with every episode.  He's the only Shah I've crushed on.  And that parent-choice story?  Gah, what a killer.   So much of what he's shown on the series thus far, clicked into place after that scene.

I think sweaty, dirty t-shirt-wearing Reza is the sexiest Reza of all.  What's wrong with me??

I agreed with Asa's advice to Adam -- that, wow, you think renovation is a strain, wait til a baby sets a bomb off in your marriage.  I just hate that they brought *her* back to say it.  Ugh, all that "my truth"/"his truth" garbage...Go. Away.  I haven't missed your caftan-wearing ass.

Mike with the roses and the kitty really got to me.  And I hate cats!  But I agree with Destiney: he's got his moments, and this was one of 'em. 

MJ, are you having pre-pregnancy brain?  Sister Sledge -- not the Pointer Sisters -- sang "We Are Family", you blaspheming bitch!  lol

Shervin has GG's number.  I gave him a standing ovation for what he said to her about her engagement ring.  Take it off, GG, and get on with your life.

Edited by voiceover
  • Love 10

Boring episode! I’m so sick of Destiney looking for her dad. Yawn, go away

Reza is revolting the way he flaunts his money to Adam. Asa, just no

Mikey joon, everyone so far has told you to dump that apartment building, at some point I hope he realizes what a giant noose this project would be around his neck and sells it 

i just finished watching this series from the beginning (thanks Hayu) so it’s all fresh in my mind, and I found this episode to be the most boring one of all of them. I’m looking forward to MJ’s wedding and then hopefully next year things will pick up.

Edited by cheewhiz
spelling counts
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, queenjen said:

What if Jeff Lewis and Reza wife swapped Gage and Adam. Would it work?! 

I don't like Gage and Adam, but the two who deserve each other are Jeff and Reza!  Two mean, petty sadists.

Why is Adam with Reza, let alone trying to force him to have a baby?  He's so rude and dismissive and the money isn't even that good, especially since he parts with it so begrudgingly.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I have a feeling its not his ring.  I think it was either borrowed or offered on a short time lease and now he has to either pay for it or return it and he can't do either and is panicking.  I hear them out there, they're panicking (I have no idea what that's from, but its from something)  LOL    She knows this and is all out of fucks to give.  Team GG on this one  

Yeah that dude does not have 100,000 to spend on a ring.  He probably doesn't have 100 to spend.  

• Love 1

I wish Adam would shave the neck portion of his beard. 

Wow...forget Reza’s jewelry. Asa wore some seriously big bucks on her wrists and hands.

I can’t believe that Asa said the cost of that housewarming blanket gift was $700. It didn’t look like it was worth that much to me and I could do without the sequins.

Reza’s kitten is adorable and Mike was sure to have it known that it was full blooded Persian. I hope he got it from a rescue and didn’t buy it. 

Seriously GG...pawn the ring or sell it for its money’s worth. Yet she keeps flashing the diamond on her engagement finger. Well that will keep eligible bachelors away. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ninjago said:

I don't like Gage and Adam, but the two who deserve each other are Jeff and Reza!  Two mean, petty sadists.

Why is Adam with Reza, let alone trying to force him to have a baby?  He's so rude and dismissive and the money isn't even that good, especially since he parts with it so begrudgingly.

Really - I don’t get why Adam would stay with Reza.

Nema is an idiot to give up a real person (seemingly) for a roll in the hay with GG, who’s about nobody but herself. This whole show seems to be about narcissists and the doormats (Adam, Tommy) who put up with them. I already feel bad for MJ’s baby.

• Love 2

Do other Persian American resent how this bunch of shallow narcissists represent them?  There isn’t a likable one in the bunch. And if you happen to be unlucky enough to choose one of them as a partner, they will be selfish, unpleasant and probably unfaithful.  

• Love 2

I think I found truth that this show is shot way out of order.  The party scene it was fairly hot.  MJ had boob sweat and coochie sweat.  I even think someone mentioned the beginning of summer.  Everyone was dressed summery and hanging out by the pool.  The scene at the flower market, Vida and MJ were both wearing winter coats in the rain.  I think they filmed this show and then edited out of order to make a story.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Do other Persian American resent how this bunch of shallow narcissists represent them?  

Yes. 

Also, Persian ice cream (and dessert in general) is one of my favorite foods ever. Saffron/rose water ice cream and also faloodeh, of course. 

• Love 4

MJ and Tommy struggle to convince Vida to give them her blessing before getting married; Reza launches his hair care business; Nema develops his Persian "street cred;" MJ takes an ill-advised detour on the way to the altar.

Airs November 1, 2018.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:40 PM, Juniebaby said:

Vida is harsh with no filter, but some of the things she says are true.  I don’t like MJ’s wedding dress, it does flatten her chest and she can’t even walk in it because it is a mermaid style dress.  That is so impractical, you want to look great on your wedding day but be comfortable too.  Pre-nup 2 weeks before the wedding, flower shopping days before it?  Sorry, I don’t believe any of that.  Also MJ’s blue outfit, the one you can see her under boob sweat is disgusting.  Wear a bra, they sell absorbable pads you put under your boobs to catch any sweat so we don’t have to see it.  She is the queen of inappropriate clothing.

Yep.  The wedding dress is not for her body, and to me, it’s guady.  I guess she doesn’t have a stylist.  Plus, all her clothes are too tight.  Vida is right.

Why in the world is Mike wearing that cap in the restaurant?  We know he wasn’t brought up in a barn.  I wouldn’t mind it in some chain restaurants but not in a French restaurant lunching with his mother.

I can’t figure out this scheme with the Reza Hair Products.  Who would buy that?

• Love 5

I sensed that the Vida scene was drawn out for drama (I know: No shit!), but I actually got a little emotional when she gave her daughter that blessing.  Because it sounded as spontaneous and heartfelt as anything we've ever heard her say on this series.
And it's about fucking time.

A sweet scene at the jewelry store with the boys.  I really like Nema; and drama-free Mike is FunMike.  And little doses of Shervin turn out to be the right amount.  Too bad he & GG are destined to be just friends.  Though on second thought: why would I wish that on Shervin.

Tommy's observation about Persian women and their furry pillows was hilarious.  Readers of my newsletter (bwah) may recall that I'm a This is Us fan.  I think Tommy is who they wanted Toby to be.  If only.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Why in the world is Mike wearing that cap in the restaurant?  We know he wasn’t brought up in a barn.  I wouldn’t mind it in some chain restaurants but not in a French restaurant lunching with his mother.

I can’t figure out this scheme with the Reza Hair Products.  Who would buy that?

I am thinking the same thing.  Wool hats all year round, everywhere.  Maybe he thinks he looks cool.  Every season, one of them is selling another product.  Diamond water, moo moos, Gigi’s hair extensions, Mike’s baby shoes, Gigi’s pot .. Asas new store, etc etc.  Does anyone have a 9 to 5 job?

What’s with MJ’s boobs sticking out every outfit?  We could all do that, but don’t.

If I hear one more time how much they love each other,  I will scream.  We all love our families and friends, but we don’t have to advertize it every minute.  Mike and Reza especially.  Enough with all the love already.  We get it.

Asa came on a few minutes to showcase her new store.  What a surprise.

cant wait for the wedding.  

One more thing.  Gigi was a beautiful woman.  Why oh why did she have all that work done on her face, because she can?  Big mistake.  Oh, another thing.  I’ve never, never seen so much gold in my life.  Is it all necessary?  I doubt Adam will get that baby all too soon.  Reza does not look too interested.  That’s all.

• Love 3

Why is Jessica's aunt or older sister giving MJ a plasma facial? I'm stunned how much this woman from certain angles, looks exactly like Jessica. If these images occurred during an episode back when Mike and Jessica were together, you wouldn't look twice. I'm amazed. I'm also suspicious. Because this therapist also didn't appear to be Persian. MJ is messy AF. Cos all I'm thinking about is wedding/Jessica. 

Mike. I'm not even through this episode, but the restaurant was called 'Petite Berries' or something, which i interpreted as 'Little Balls' because Mike. Who slouches in out of his ridiculous lego mobile in a beanie, using that obnoxious condescending and somewhat threatening voice as he moves over the threshold 'I've heard GOOD THINGS about this place'. Oh wow, really? You did? What a tool. And then he orders a club sandwich with fries and the everpresent ceviche for Mom. In sea bass flavour. We don't have sea bass here, but it is the fish I hear the most about on Bravo. Is it what goes into nuggets? Because it's usually RHs ordering it, and they all have palates like Kendra Wilkinson Baskett. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Does anyone have a 9 to 5 job?

I don't think anybody on any reality show has a 9 to 5 job, and I wouldn't want them to.  If I wanted to watch people with 9 to 5 jobs, I wouldn't watch reality shows.  That's my reality now, and I don't need to see it on TV.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, queenjen said:

Mike. I'm not even through this episode, but the restaurant was called 'Petite Berries' or something, which i interpreted as 'Little Balls' because Mike. Who slouches in out of his ridiculous lego mobile in a beanie, using that obnoxious condescending and somewhat threatening voice as he moves over the threshold 'I've heard GOOD THINGS about this place'. Oh wow, really? You did? What a tool. And then he orders a club sandwich with fries and the everpresent ceviche for Mom. In sea bass flavour. We don't have sea bass here, but it is the fish I hear the most about on Bravo. Is it what goes into nuggets? Because it's usually RHs ordering it, and they all have palates like Kendra Wilkinson Baskett. 

I think it was called "Petit Paris." 

At the table, while eating the "everpresent ceviche," (hahahaha!!!)  he asked his mom if she's ever been to Paris.  Riveting conversation!!  

• Love 3

Yeah, Mike really knows how to dress for the occasion.

The sea bass made me laugh, because a few years ago I worked on a book about fish, and one factoid I learned was that what all the elegant ladies call Chilean sea bass was originally called Patagonian toothfish.  Nobody was buying it, so they changed the name and . . . voilà!  Instant upscale.

Mike's mom might be running out of believably supportive mom-isms to cheer on her son's endless new businesses that go on to fail.  Her face certainly wasn't in rah-rah mode at that lunch.  Must be exhausting to pretend to think the latest next one is going to be the charm.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I want to know more about why Tommy left his bio parents?

I believe his birth father abandoned them when he was a little kid and his mother died when he was a teen. I think he might have emancipated himself to not get stuck in the foster system because his father wasn't in the picture and he had very close family friends who supported him.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, AntAnn said:

I really do have empathy for Destiny, but I’m tired of seeing her cry throughout every episode. Enough already.

Agreed - yet, I’m interested in finding out what happens with this storyline, and also appreciated Reza’s explanation regarding multiple families for Persian men. But I still want to know if this is because there’s a shortage of men, or just because they can - or what?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think anybody on any reality show has a 9 to 5 job, and I wouldn't want them to.  If I wanted to watch people with 9 to 5 jobs, I wouldn't watch reality shows.  That's my reality now, and I don't need to see it on TV.

9 to 5 jobs meaning someone who goes to work for 8 or more hours.  For instance, Vikie works in real estate, Davis Beador works construction, Eddie works the gym,Bethennys Jason works Wall Street .. hours where you work for about 8 hours or more.  9 to 5 is just an expression.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Does anyone have a 9 to 5 job?

Both Reza and MJ had 9 to 5's the first season of the show. They both were real estate agents and fairly successful at it. We even had the pleasure of seeing them in the office occasionally. I remember when Reza agreed help broke ass Mike and took him on as a partner, then they had a big blow out I hate you I'll never speak to you again fight because Reza said Mike was lazy and Mike said Reza would never take the time to mentor him. Anyway, Reza may still dabble in Real Estate but I don't think MJ does anything any longer other than and whine about wanting a baby. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Both Reza and MJ had 9 to 5's the first season of the show. They both were real estate agents and fairly successful at it. We even had the pleasure of seeing them in the office occasionally. I remember when Reza agreed help broke ass Mike and took him on as a partner, then they had a big blow out I hate you I'll never speak to you again fight because Reza said Mike was lazy and Mike said Reza would never take the time to mentor him. Anyway, Reza may still dabble in Real Estate but I don't think MJ does anything any longer other than and whine about wanting a baby. 

Yes .. I remember both Reza and MJ with the Real Estate job, but nothing the last few years.  I guess the show pays well?  Nobody seems to be hurting for money unless they had plenty stashed away.  Looks like they all want to be their own boss and dabble in different ideas they come up with.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thinks that couple who Reza paid 1/2 a million dollars to for a shampoo company may be very clever scam artists? In what planet do we need a new  hair care product, even if Reza has his name on the bottle. I don’t see how he’ll make any money off this.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Am I the only one who thinks that couple who Reza paid 1/2 a million dollars to for a shampoo company may be very clever scam artists? In what planet do we need a new  hair care product, even if Reza has his name on the bottle. I don’t see how he’ll make any money off this.

Reza is so superficial and dumb, like a big house, fancy cars, and gold and diamonds are a sign of legitimate success. According to Reza's dumb rationale Bernie Madoff was very successful and someone to emulate. Apparently Reza's never met anyone who overspent on material stuff, while having very little in savings or income. How many athletes/celebrities have gone bankrupt? 

Also I find it kind of ironic that Shervin was the other person at the jewelry place because he wears the least amount of gold out of all of them. Usually a watch. Occasionally a necklace, but he's never drowning in it like the rest of them.

• Love 3

Trust MJ to take an hour literally listing everyone at the party.  I had to FF until Tommy stopped her.  And boy was it awkward and stilted when MJ asked Vida for her blessing.  I'm guessing Vida already gave it off-camera, but this is the Vida Redemption Tour season, so…

I think everyone makes decent to good money in appearance fees (nominal impact on time for major bucks), so no need (now) for their former jobs.  Shahs per episode salary + 15-20 appearance (minimum) fees= very livable wage & then some.  Any extra they earn through vanity projects is just gravy.

• Love 2

MJ's wedding unfolds in typical MJ fashion, sprinkled with chaos and complications; as the bride attempts to make it down the aisle in one piece, the Shahs are forced to confront their feelings about marriage while contemplating their futures.

Airs November 8, 2018.