Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/10/2018 at 8:05 AM, TexasGal said:
On 9/11/2018 at 4:31 PM, ivygirl said:

Watch out if someone named Sheree wants to go into business with you! LOL

I wish Reza had named his line something other than “Reza”. Other than Vanderpump Sangria (which I loooooove l) or Vanderpump Rose, I have no desire to purchase something just because it’s named after someone in reality TV. He should have gone the Skinnygirl route and just named it something cool and/or catchy. No one cares about his name when it comes to hair care; he’s not a hairdresser! Just be memorable. 

Vegan pea protein? Phew! I was worried that they were going to use grass-fed cow peas.

Do consumers even bother to look up what exactly the ingredients are? Or does Reza think his shit is going to sell because his name is on the label? And what qualifies a pea to be vegan? Was it never fed animal products while waiting to grow into a peapod? I just looked up vegan pea protein and I still don't get what it is other than a vitamin supplement. But why put it on your hair? People will pimp anything these days.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

I found that emerald to be an odd color -- I always thought they were a deeper green than that.  It almost looked like the color of green jade to me.  And really - what did he drop it on that would cause it to break?  

I thought the same thing.  If nothing else, why is there no camera or security system in place?  

There may have not been infrastructure in place for a security system.  I can't remember, but it seems like they stripped it down to the studs for the remodel.  Reza should have just had the movers put his crap in storage when they moved it out of the old house, but he probably used Mike's janky ass moving company.

LAPD told me that any kind of construction materials are like a sign saying "please rob me," and not to leave anything in the house while renovating if possible.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Reza is a tool, why on earth would you store ANYTHING in a house under construction that really isn't secure ? If you are so "wealthy" you should have rented a secure storage unit...  Morgan rubs me the wrong way, she comes across as this 25 year old know it all, and her forehead is the size of Kansas

Hahaahaha! I love that! 

34 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

, but he probably used Mike's janky ass moving company.

Mike OWNS that moving truck (company) that he crashed into a parked car?!?! He truly has nothing going on in his brain. If his penis was his brain, and his brain was his penis....he might be able to make a decent living for himself.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

@bichonblitz I don't know why Adam lets Reza denigrate and diminish his work and career choices. Adam works with a top tier writer/director/producer. Ryan Murphy reliably has at least one of his shows nominated for an Emmy every single year for the last 5 or 6 years. The reason Reza knows Ryan Murphy is through Adam. Kristen Chenoweth? Through Adam. Lea Michelle? Through Adam. Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Darren Criss, Brad Falchuk, Cheyenne Jackson? All through Adam. If Reza is still trying to sell real estate, he should probably not shit all over the career choices that his husband made to bring these movie stars and potential clients into his orbit. Most Bravolebrities are such starfuckers that they'd be fellating Adam if they knew he could reliably get them in touch with actual celebrities, but not Reza. Reza can keep his sketchy on the street shampoo deals.

Everything you said is so true. I had no idea of the accomplishments Adam has made in his career. Why is all of this never mentioned on the show? Fuck you Reza. You'll end up with what you deserve and it won't be Adam. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Hahaahaha! I love that! 

Mike OWNS that moving truck (company) that he crashed into a parked car?!?! He truly has nothing going on in his brain. If his penis was his brain, and his brain was his penis....he might be able to make a decent living for himself.

I don't know about real life, but him buying a moving company was a story line back when he was getting divorced.  Either they moved him or he helped someone else move, but it was shown and talked about.  I don't know for a fact that it is janky, that's just an assumption.  I also don't know if he owned that truck, but it would make sense that he did.  

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, chenoa333 said:

I'm lacking in knowledge of gemstones so please someone enlighten me......how does an emerald break so easily?

I am thinking that there might have been an inclusion in the stone (like a carbon splinter) and it just hit in the right spot?

• Love 2

My Persian ass loves the Nowruz episodes. My mom doesn't even bother with goldfish though anymore for the table setting - she has fake goldfish now! We can never keep them alive for even 2 weeks. One year when I was in college and came back to celebrate with my parents, I brought my cat home too and yeah... the goldfish didn't even make it to Nowruz! She's not even much of a jumper, but made it to the really high fireplace mantle where we put the fishies.

LOLed at Destiney's quip about Persians & Persian restaurants. There's 2 fully Persian restaurants in my city (although there's plenty of Mediterranean/Greek/Turkish restaurants with Persian owners) - one is a lot more Americanized and it's where we take friends who feel comfortable with the usual kebabs and whatnot (I try to get them to also at least order 'doogh' as well), and then there's the hole in the wall we go with other Persians where the owners are like family (my mom orders lots of lavash from them every couple weeks), and we don't even look at the menu - they just bring us off-menu dishes that are more like the Persian home-cookin' I'm used to. When you find a place that makes tart juicy dolmeh and fesenjoon with meatballs like your mom does, you stick with it!! And if you find a place that makes abgoosht the way you're used to - yay!! 

• Love 11
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:27 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Reza is a dick.

Reza and Adam are little bitches.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:45 AM, HunterHunted said:

I don't know why there's this weird narrative of Adam being this sad sack country bumpkin who is lucky that Reza decided to take pity on him when they married. Adam was a model. He went to college in southern California. He has a good job as part of the editing department on Ryan Murphy's productions.

Wow, I ever knew that before now! I figured Reza was lording over Adam that he was the one making money, now I wonder if we're really seeing Reza's resentment of Adam's success. One thing fer sure, Reza has no intention of having children and is doing everything he can to stall stall stall.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder if Rena Nd Adam really want to have children, or is this just their storyline for the year.

It could very well just be a storyline, but I get the feeling Adam would like children. Reza, not so much. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder if Rena Nd Adam really want to have children, or is this just their storyline for the year.

It was also the story last year. I do think Adam wants children, I actually think Reza wants children in theory he is just sabotaging it.

• Love 2

Hoping to get to the root of her issues with men, Destiney hires a private detective to find her father; Reza confronts his own daddy issues and realizes he may not be ready for children; Mike moves forward with his relationship with Morgan.

Airs September 20, 2018.

21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It was also the story last year. I do think Adam wants children, I actually think Reza wants children in theory he is just sabotaging it.

Reza's theoretical children make him happy, but his actual jewelry and gold make him happier.

• Love 7

No surprise there re Reza. At first I assumed he was just on the bandwagon Destiney had created with looking for her father, but after last week and his hiding huge expenditures (500k and 15 k respectively), I really felt he was showing his lack of interest in having children. They need to start though, it took Jeff and Gage 5 years from go to Monroe.

• Love 3

So, this is the first season that I’ve watched more than one episode of this show, so I’m not sure about the history, but from what I can see Reza is not at all ready for children so it’s a shame that his partner, who he doesn’t seem to have much regard for, is so enthusiastic about becoming a parent.  He (Reza) seems to wear the pants in that family so I guess it’s going to be a while.

• Love 2

Re: Destiny's family -- I can believe that the family is hiding the father for x reasons. Like, the elders of my family (not Persian, but Dominican) fully knows the identity of my mom's father, whom she has never met, but they won't say anything. I was supposed to meet my mother's full brother (who I've still yet to meet), but "no one knows" what happened to him when I finally had the chance to go to the DR. Thankfully, my mom managed to meet him later on and develop a relationship, but that didn't happen until she was in her 40s.

It's a very old school mentality of taking secrets to the grave because the elders believe they're keeping you safe, even if it hurts (you). 

• Love 6

Hmph.  Just me, or has this season been (relatively) (blissfully) drama-free*?  Excepting the bitchy back & forth w/GG and MJ (which appears to have been dropped), everyone is all...getting along & shit.

MJ hit all the right notes in this ep: wise & supportive to Destiney, wisely calling Mike on his usual shit.

I liked tonight, a lot a lot.

*and Asa-free.  Coincidence?  I think not.  

Spoiler

In the preview, it only took one line from her to make me roll my eyes & think: Please leave.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, voiceover said:

Hmph.  Just me, or has this season been (relatively) (blissfully) drama-free*?  Excepting the bitchy back & forth w/GG and MJ (which appears to have been dropped), everyone is all...getting along & shit

I'm not sure where I am on this, but others are saying that this season is boring and who'd a thunk it would take Asa leaving for this to happen. I think it's the calm before the storm, something will happen. Mike will be busted for being a dog again, that's guaranteed but it's not exactly new. I'm pretty much out on the Destiney seeks her father SL, though his multiple passports and polylingual abilities were intriguing, I immediately thought 'spy'. But I do take to making shit up in my own mind when things get slow.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm kinda going WTF over Reza and Destiny's moms being friends back in the day.  I mean small community and all, but why not then introduce Destiny via Reza instead of bringing her in as Sherv's (or was it Mike's?) party planner?  And also how has this never come up before?

• Love 13

The Cartier bracelets are nothing more than a status symbol to the people who wear them.  They are ridiculously overpriced because of the Cartier name.  The price on the newer one that looks like a gold nail bent into a circle is crazy.  Reza in particular should look up the phrase “wealth whispers”.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, queenjen said:

I'm not sure where I am on this, but others are saying that this season is boring and who'd a thunk it would take Asa leaving for this to happen.

I definitely think this season is WAY more interesting, likely because of Asa’s absence. I had tapped out of most of the last couple seasons because the fights and torturous storylines made me miserable and that’s not how I want to feel when watching a Bravo show :p This season feels like more of a return to S1 to me. There’s some drama but it hasn’t taken over each and every episode. I even kinda liked seeing GG at Nema’s studio.

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

The Cartier bracelets are nothing more than a status symbol to the people who wear them.  They are ridiculously overpriced because of the Cartier name.  The price on the newer one that looks like a gold nail bent into a circle is crazy.  Reza in particular should look up the phrase “wealth whispers”.

Yes, they are overpriced, but they are gold and gold is hanging around $1200-$1300 an ounce, and they're pretty solid.  Of course you're paying for the name, just like every other piece of designer fashion/jewelry/shoe.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I think that phrase "wealth whispers" is almost lost in today's celebrity, social media, wannabe society.

I always loved that Jane Birkin of the famous Hermes "Birkin" has only owned 4 of them (given to her by Hermes for use of her name and her design) and only one at a time. Plus she use to haul it around* stuffed like a steam trunk & plastered  with stickers, baubles and a visual history of use (scuffs and scratches). She didn't treat it as a revered object as most do. She owned the the bag, the bag's "status" didn't own her.

*The bag got too heavy and caused her tendonitis.

I'm most impressed when something is rich with the stink of history and hopefully a story. I'd be more impressed by a small piece of custom no name jewelry than an off the shelf Cartier anything.

Edited by Giselle
Double quote and clarity
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I think that phrase "wealth whispers" is almost lost in today's celebrity, social media, wannabe society.

I always loved that Jane Birkin of the famous Hermes "Birkin". Has only owned 4 of them (given to her by Hermes for use of her name and her design) and only one at a time. Plus she use to haul it around* stuffed like a steam trunk & plastered  with stickers, baubles and a visual history of use (scuffs and scratches). She didn't treat it as a revered object as most do. She owned the the bag the bag's "status" didn't own her.

*The bag got too heavy and caused her tendonitis.

I'm most impressed when something is rich with the stink of history and hopefully a story. I'd be more impressed by a small piece of custom no name jewelry than an off the shelf Cartier anything.

I’m not gonna lie, I’d give my left nut for a Birkin bag.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

I’m not gonna lie, I’d give my left nut for a Birkin bag.

Oh I understand. I'm mixed on those. Hermes is quality, they last. That's what impresses me. I'd want something similar but with an internal zipper. With the flap just tucked inside or left loose it offers no security, when secured it looks like a pain in the ass to open. 

I'm partial to the "Plume" and a few others.

I've known people who have had stuff swiped from handbags before while they were wearing them or beside them.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

I definitely think this season is WAY more interesting, likely because of Asa’s absence. I had tapped out of most of the last couple seasons because the fights and torturous storylines made me miserable and that’s not how I want to feel when watching a Bravo show :p This season feels like more of a return to S1 to me. There’s some drama but it hasn’t taken over each and every episode. I even kinda liked seeing GG at Nema’s studio.

Agree 100%!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, queenjen said:

I'm pretty much out on the Destiney seeks her father SL, though his multiple passports and polylingual abilities were intriguing, I immediately thought 'spy'. But I do take to making shit up in my own mind when things get slow.

I thought the same initially. It's such a weird situation though to basically know nothing about your father at age 37. I definitely would have been hounding my mom about things. I think I know more about my grandmother who died when my dad was a kid than Destiney knows about her father.  

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Geez, Mike is such a dick. The way he treats forehead Morgan is crap.  Reza is a selfish ho and for the life of me can't figure out what Adam sees in him.  

He sees green with Reza $$$. Why else would he have put up with so much diva behavior for so long? I really think that Reza has made promises to him (inc a baby) but then just turns around and does whatever he chooses to without consulting with Adam. I like Reza but I would respect him if he treated Adam better. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I forgot about this: I LOVED the nail bracelet. I looked up the Nail Bracelet and they start at close to 10k Australian and rapidly jump to basically as much as you want to pay. Mr Queenjen offered to bend a nail around my wrist, which would  work, but I think if I feel I still like the style THAT much in a month or so, I'd get someone to copy it. In silver. Or just metal. 

They are indeed a status symbol

• Love 4
On 9/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm kinda going WTF over Reza and Destiny's moms being friends back in the day.  I mean small community and all, but why not then introduce Destiny via Reza instead of bringing her in as Sherv's (or was it Mike's?) party planner?  And also how has this never come up before?

I'm trying to remember if Destiney being friends with Reza ever came up on The People's Couch. 

I don't understand people like Destiney. She acts like finding her father is the most important thing in the world ever and she can't move on in life until she finds him. So, she waits until she's on camera on a TV show to even start to try to find him. 

I fast forward all of her scenes. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, queenjen said:

I forgot about this: I LOVED the nail bracelet. I looked up the Nail Bracelet and they start at close to 10k Australian and rapidly jump to basically as much as you want to pay. Mr Queenjen offered to bend a nail around my wrist, which would  work, but I think if I feel I still like the style THAT much in a month or so, I'd get someone to copy it. In silver. Or just metal. 

They are indeed a status symbol

When I was younger I always wanted a horseshoe nail ring. The farrier would take a nail, specifically made for shoeing horses, and bend it around his anvil and tada there was ring. If Mr Queenjen made it for you it might cost you all of 50 cents and you might even start a new trend in your area. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I'm trying to remember if Destiney being friends with Reza ever came up on The People's Couch. 

I don't understand people like Destiney. She acts like finding her father is the most important thing in the world ever and she can't move on in life until she finds him. So, she waits until she's on camera on a TV show to even start to try to find him. 

I fast forward all of her scenes. 

I agree. I have a love, hate, who cares opinion towards her.  The search for her father seems like storyline brainstorming happened. The diva with a fan talking head just rang false with me. But I love other aspects of her on the show. She's a big breath of fresh air compared to Asa.

• Love 8

Mike's mother is worse than Mike. Is she actually blaming Jessica for the demise of the marriage? After the girl converted to Judaism for him and eagerly learned to cook all the favorite Iranian dishes for him, which by the way his mother taught her?  Not good enough for your precious son? What an effed up dynamic between mother and son. 

Oh, and, I don't want to see Destiny crying every episode. That needs to stop. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Mike's mother is worse than Mike. Is she actually blaming Jessica for the demise of the marriage? After the girl converted to Judaism for him and eagerly learned to cook all the favorite Iranian dishes for him, which by the way his mother taught her?  Not good enough for your precious son? What an effed up dynamic between mother and son. 

Oh, and, I don't want to see Destiny crying every episode. That needs to stop. 

My eyes nearly rolled out the door when his Mom was talkin that mess.

Jessica bent over backwards to please Mike and he shat all over her in return .

That's why I cackled when Nema's sister let him know how she rolls.

Giving zero fucks about his bruised ego, it was GLORIOUS.

Ole entitled HEAD ASS! 

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 10
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Carolina Girl said:

I found that emerald to be an odd color -- I always thought they were a deeper green than that.  It almost looked like the color of green jade to me.  And really - what did he drop it on that would cause it to break?  

I thought the same thing.  If nothing else, why is there no camera or security system in place?  

Emeralds are my favorite stone. I almost fainted when I saw the size of that one. They can vary in color & they are very delicate. I have 2 smallish rings & then at the Tucson gem show one year, I got a 2.67 carat stone :)  I had it set into a pendant rather than ring bc of the softness (& my tendency to smack my hands & jewelry into things).

The Shahs take Las Vegas by storm for MJ's last trip as a single woman; GG's progress with Shalom regresses; Mike's relationship with Morgan takes a hit, sending him into a spiral that tests more than one of his relationships within the crew.

Airs September 27, 2018.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, AntAnn said:

It could very well just be a storyline, but I get the feeling Adam would like children. Reza, not so much. 

I suspect having children would interfere with his lifestyle. He still fools around with other guys, right?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I suspect having children would interfere with his lifestyle. He still fools around with other guys, right?

I definitely get the sense that Reza is allowed to fuck around as long as he keeps it discrete and not embarrass Adam.

• Love 2