Type keyword(s) to search

Emily Simpson: I object to how many times she mentions she's an attorney

• Start Topic

Kickass lawyer by day, party planner by night?  Kickass attorneys have no time to be party planners, so I say she sucks at both.  I should know, having failed at about 32 different careers.

i sort of like her, though.  She won’t take much shit from Vicki.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Cranky One said:

What type of law does she specialize in anyway?

"Emily Simpson is an associate attorney in our Copyright Division. She is responsible for advocating for and protecting clients’ intellectual property rights in copyright matters and other legal proceedings.  Mrs. Simpson earned her Juris Doctor degree from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego. She is licensed to practice law in California and Utah. She obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Education and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio."

https://www.higbeeassociates.com/about/attorneys/emily-simpson

emily-simpson-profile.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

From her education and her law specialty and part time job:

If someone who speaks only Spanish is a victim of their neighbor stealing their party theme and unique, hand-crafted favors, Emily is their girl! 

I don’t have enough info to have a real opinion about her yet, so this is just in jest... 

Edited by Taralightner
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

It should be noted that her law school has been in legal trouble and was sued by a former student.  

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/02/law-school-on-probation-is-reportedly-struggling-financially-conducting-layoffs/

Thomas Jefferson was dead last in the State Bar pass rate for first-time test takers. in 2017.  Impressive.

Stanford: 96 percent

UC Berkeley: 89 percent

UCLA: 88 percent

USC: 88 percent

UC Irvine: 83 percent

UC Davis: 79 percent

Santa Clara: 79 percent

San Diego: 78 percent

Loyola (LA): 73 percent

Pepperdine: 65 percent

California Western: 65 percent

Chapman: 64 percent

McGeorge: 62 percent

UC Hastings: 61 percent

Southwestern: 57 percent

Western State: 56 percent

San Francisco: 54 percent

Golden Gate: 51 percent

La Verne: 41 percent

Whittier: 38 percent

Thomas Jefferson: 30 percent

https://abovethelaw.com/2017/12/a-breakdown-of-california-bar-exam-results-by-law-school-july-2017

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

"Emily Simpson is an associate attorney in our Copyright Division. She is responsible for advocating for and protecting clients’ intellectual property rights in copyright matters and other legal proceedings.  Mrs. Simpson earned her Juris Doctor degree from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego. She is licensed to practice law in California and Utah. She obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Education and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio."

https://www.higbeeassociates.com/about/attorneys/emily-simpson

emily-simpson-profile.jpg

I don't know if copyright falls under patent laws, but I once knew a pharmacist who was in law school.  Her goal was patent law, and she claimed it was one of the most difficult specialties.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't know if copyright falls under patent laws, but I once knew a pharmacist who was in law school.  Her goal was patent law, and she claimed it was one of the most difficult specialties.

and then imagine how difficult patent law is at a real law school.  Was Thomas Jefferson even an attorney?  I'm using my Hamilton knowledge and it seem to think its not mentioned at predominately as it is w/ Hamilton and Burr.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TV Diva Queen said:

and then imagine how difficult patent law is at a real law school.  Was Thomas Jefferson even an attorney?  I'm using my Hamilton knowledge and it seem to think its not mentioned at predominately as it is w/ Hamilton and Burr.  

Is that required when you use the name for a university?  Google tells me Jefferson graduated from William and Mary and briefly practiced law.   He drafted the law for religious freedom, served as Secretary of State, as well as other trivialities, such as serving as the primary author of The Declaration of Independence.  

I am a little surprised, as I thought he was primarily an architect before becoming a Founding Father.

• Love 2
On 8/1/2018 at 10:08 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Patent, trademark and copyright are referred to as intellectual property law, and is one of the more demanding legal fields.  Students aiming to practice patent law have to take two bar exams - the state exam, and the patent bar exam.  It's also common for an attorney practicing patent law to have an undergraduate degree in some type of engineering, or science such as chemistry or physics.

This Emily seems to me like a real dingbat, and doesn't impress me as someone who has all that going for her.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Love 5
On 8/1/2018 at 12:07 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

Seriously, The Thomas Jefferson School of Law, even the smartest person in the dumb row should be able to figure out that its kind of not a real school.  

Thomas Jefferson School of Law on Probation

February 26, 2018

Law School On Probation Is Reportedly Struggling Financially, Conducting Layoffs

Do you know what's going on behind closed doors at Thomas Jefferson School of Law?

By STACI ZARETSKY

When we last checked in with the Thomas Jefferson School of Law late last year, the American Bar Association had just put the school on probation for being out of compliance with numerous standards required to maintain accreditation. Specifically, the ABA found the school’s anticipated financial resources, admissions practices, academic program, and bar passage outcomes lacking. In its public memorandum to the school, the ABA noted that “only immediate and substantial action” could put Thomas Jefferson back on track.

As a condition of its probation, Thomas Jefferson was ordered to send all applicants a letter or email detailing the school’s subpar first-time bar examination passage rates in comparison with California’s first-time bar examination passage rates for the past four administrations of the exam. Though we initially expressed incredulity that this would deter applicants, it’s apparently working. Sources at the school claim that class sizes are quickly shrinking, and we’ve been told that more students are transferring out of the school than are being admitted. An insider reports that only 15 students began their studies at the school this spring, a number much smaller than usual.

To that end, insiders at Thomas Jefferson say that the school is experiencing financial troubles thanks to its decreased enrollment numbers. One source says that the school can no longer afford to make payments on its campus building, and that the administration is looking at a new location to move to after the spring semester is over. “One place is all the way in Rancho Bernardo,” says another source. “The lease is up at the place in downtown San Diego and the owners will not re-sign the school due to TJSL not keeping up with the payments.”

Back in November, after Thomas Jefferson was first put on probation, the administration claimed in a public FAQ document that it was “meeting its financial obligations and will continue prudent financial management.” These days, it seems that layoffs are part of the law school’s “prudent financial management” plan. Here’s what we’ve heard from tipsters who once worked at Thomas Jefferson School of Law:

• TJSL can no longer operate with the current probation status. They did another round of layoffs including staff and faculty.

• TJSL is going to close. They laid off six people by walking us out, one-by-one. Two other senior staff members quit suddenly after this. They cannot afford their expensive “campus” building past May/June of THIS YEAR (was confirmed in a staff meeting by the Dean and General Counsel). They are looking for a new building but no one will rent to them, so they are trying get the empty offices rented out to third parties. It’s a mess. The school is in financial trouble.

We’ve reached out to the school for comment earlier today, but have yet to hear back from anyone. If and when we do, we will update this post as soon as we can.

Thomas Jefferson School of Law is like a gift that keeps on giving

• Love 3

Shane to Kelly during their fight: "You shouldn’ta came to my table where him and I were eating…"

And this guy made it through law school? I'm used to this kind of stuff with the housewives in general, but an attorney??? SMH

On the other hand, I did feel sorry for him when Kelly was berating him and calling him a dork and a loser. He looked like he had time-traveled back to high school, where he probably got picked on a lot. It was hard to watch. And of all people to go after him, Kelly. Ugh. She can be so raw and vicious.

Edited by Teri313
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Shane to Kelly during their fight: "You shouldn’ta came to my table where him and I were eating…"

And this guy made it through law school? I'm used to this kind of stuff with the housewives in general, but an attorney??? SMH

On the other hand, I did feel sorry for him when Kelly was berating him and calling him a dork and a loser. He looked like he had time-traveled back to high school, where he probably got picked on a lot. It was hard to watch. And of all people to go after him, Kelly. Ugh. She can be so raw and vicious.

I got an email from a headhunter today that said "I will defiantly keep your resume on file...".  Good to know I've got a fighter on my side.   

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
On 8/5/2018 at 5:19 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Patent, trademark and copyright are referred to as intellectual property law, and is one of the more demanding legal fields.  Students aiming to practice patent law have to take two bar exams - the state exam, and the patent bar exam.  It's also common for an attorney practicing patent law to have an undergraduate degree in some type of engineering, or science such as chemistry or physics.

This Emily seems to me like a real dingbat, and doesn't impress me as someone who has all that going for her.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Agree with what you’ve said above on patent law.  It is far more difficult than trademark and copyright law.  I became a trademark lawyer by default because the company I used to work for had a shit ton of trademarks and I worked with marketing team so I ended up dealing with them.  A lot of trademark law is sort of a gut feeling - does this infringe on that and would people be likely to be confused by something similar. 

I’ve never known anyone who said they were a copyright lawyer.  Although I would guess copyright law is related to being an entertainment lawyer - writers of all kinds would have copyright issues.

• Love 7
On 7/25/2018 at 10:45 AM, Mu Shu said:

Kickass lawyer by day, party planner by night?  Kickass attorneys have no time to be party planners, so I say she sucks at both.  I should know, having failed at about 32 different careers.

i sort of like her, though.  She won’t take much shit from Vicki.

I'm surprised we haven't seen one of her planned parties.  These women love to advertise their businesses on the show.  Wne by Wives, anyone?

• Love 2
On 10/8/2018 at 3:43 PM, Teri313 said:

Just to stick up for a moment for Shane, at that party he had ONLY Steve to talk to - so they had one little table to hang out at.  Eddie is the only other male in the rhoc group and has 'hosting' duties.

But he TOTALLY failed all those filmed interactions.

• Love 2

Holy cow... I think I went to that lawfirm's website accidentally awhile ago before she was even on the show.  The company I work with.. there used to be a guy on the board who owns a company with the same name! His is not a lawfirm though. I remember looking for his website once and was shocked there was a lawfirm with the same name. 

• Love 1

So after watching Emily's sob fest in "The Day After" episode, I FINALLY figured out who Emily reminds me of!  Roxxxy Andrews from RuPaul's Drag Race!  In her talking heads,  with the red lipstick.  Yes, Emily, you look like a drag queen.  To me!

Eh.  She looks great.  Attention seeking, because it seems most people think she has a great figure.  Can’t please everyone. 

Also, it’s clear she’s posing and shopped in such a way as to appear much thinner.  I think Emily is one messed up little monkey who talks out both sides of her mouth. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 11
On 12/19/2018 at 3:25 PM, MajorNelson said:

Not sure the best way to point this out, but a reddit thread has screen shots of Emily fighting with Tamra about 2 days ago.

Emily disses Cut Fitness and Tamra calls Shane a little bitch

https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/comments/a7dhmi/this_is_the_drama_we_want_to_see_for_the_oc/

That's a tad harsh given that it's Tamra and Eddie's livlihood outside the show.  Probably true, though.

• Love 2
On 3/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, Jextella said:

Tamra calls Shane a little bitch

Tamara can't even come up with an original thought. She has to repeat the same thing Kelly Dodd already said about Shane a couple seasons ago. Tamara is so dumb. Not a good look on a mom/grandmother.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Does anyone know if Shane passed the bar?  

Not sure when he took it but if he did he hasn’t been sworn in yet because he doesn’t come up on their site.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1