Type keyword(s) to search

Emily Simpson: I object to how many times she mentions she's an attorney

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I read that Emily is having hip replacement surgery. Isn’t that unusual in someone so young?

I just want to know when Tamara is going in for soul replacement surgery?

I’ve had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 13, I am now 54. I had my first hip replaced 11 years ago and the 2nd 10 years ago. Had discs in my neck fused 9 years ago and parts of my foot fused 2 years ago. So it is young but some of us get an early start on our peers 😜

Tamra definitely is way past due for a soul replacement 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I think Shane is an asshole, and if he were my husband, I’d beat him and divorce his little sarcastic weasel ass. However, I believe Emily is difficult-Needy, anxious, and after seeing her snap and threaten to kill the Dudd, I’m convinced that the mental illness her mother suffers from was inherited to some degree, and probably some Axis II tendencies developed since her mother didn’t nurture her. She was seriously coiled and ready to smack the Dudd’s bitch up.  She’s seething under her barely contained exterior. 

Em needs to embrace the modest life and get out. She’ll get child support and I guess alimony. Should be enough for a cat crap condo. A man in his forties who has always been cold and sarcastic ain’t changing much, even if he tries. She needs an older, more supportive partner. 

Doesnt matter how much the in-laws like her. They will choose their son over her. She probably has abandonment issues, so it’s going to get really ugly. 

Shes in a much better position than Gina, but it would take her giving up the clout chasing(I see you Emily, crowing about Pary’s 15,000 sq ft mansion), and I don’t think she’s ready to. Don’t think there’s a wallet in her future. 

• Love 6

Our son has a friend who had both hips replaced in his thirties. He has a genetic disease that inhibits blood flow into the bones so they die. His brother tested negative for the disease but his dad tested positive, which explained his hip issues that he’d essentially ignored for many years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/21/2019 at 12:45 PM, Stats Queen said:

I’ve had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 13, I am now 54. I had my first hip replaced 11 years ago and the 2nd 10 years ago. Had discs in my neck fused 9 years ago and parts of my foot fused 2 years ago. So it is young but some of us get an early start on our peers 😜

Oh my sympathies. My husband has had RA's somewhat milder but also painful cousin, psoriatic arthritis, since our mid-20s, so I know some of what you've been through. I hope you're feeling better now. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
more words.
  • Love 7
On 9/23/2019 at 6:46 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I’m 55 and need a hip replacement 😩

I have a few older (70's) pet sitting clients who have had recent hip/knee replacement. The lady who had the knee replacement (in July) went to the hospital on a Tuesday and discharged on Thursday. I think it's titanium they use in these replacements. She really had no "down time" other than a catheter the first day. Seems scary, but worth it and not a lot of time recuperating. It was nice to see her walking normally again and doing everything she couldn't do before the surgery.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I watched Emily on WWHL last night and I feel really sad for her. She said that Shane is a dick, but that he has a nice side he shows her privately. I hope for her sake that she leaves the marriage and finds someone better. It’s clear she is the type who wants to be taken care of emotionally, and Shane is too busy looking like a Hot Topic reject. It says a lot that he can’t even fake the funk on camera. He doesn’t care or mind that his comments make him appear callous.

Kelly is right that he’s a dork or dweeb or whatever she called him. I know people find Emily annoying and whiny, but that doesn’t excuse Shane’s coldness.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 10/9/2019 at 5:27 AM, trimthatfat said:

I watched Emily on WWHL last night and I feel really sad for her. She said that Shane is a dick, but that he has a nice side he shows her privately. I hope for her sake that she leaves the marriage and finds someone better. It’s clear she is the type who wants to be taken care of emotionally, and Shane is too busy looking like a Hot Topic reject. It says a lot that he can’t even fake the funk on camera. He doesn’t care or mind that his comments make him appear callous.

Kelly is right that he’s a dork or dweeb or whatever she called him. I know people find Emily annoying and whiny, but that doesn’t excuse Shane’s coldness.

I actually thought Emily's description of Shane was a good one.  He doesn't care for the filming and acts like a petulant child when doing so.   I think that's behind alot - but not all - Shane's horribly behavior. 

And in his defense, I think Emily has to be really difficult to be with.  There was some actress on WWHL recently (can't recall who), who described her as high-strung.  I couldn't agree more.  I think she and Shannon have some similarities in this area.

I wonder what the future holds for these two - both as a couple and on the show.  Emily doesn't seem to connect with anyone other than Kelly.  That's not a good sign.

And they do seem like they are on the brink of divorce.  They are an odd couple to begin with!

• Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 9:00 AM, Jextella said:

I actually thought Emily's description of Shane was a good one.  He doesn't care for the filming and acts like a petulant child when doing so.   I think that's behind alot - but not all - Shane's horribly behavior. 

And in his defense, I think Emily has to be really difficult to be with.  There was some actress on WWHL recently (can't recall who), who described her as high-strung.  I couldn't agree more.  I think she and Shannon have some similarities in this area.

IMO, he doesn’t have to film if he hates it. Acting like a child because he doesn’t want to be on camera is just annoying. The general consensus online is that viewers don’t like him, so no one would feel too badly if he weren’t on the show. Dorinda’s now-ex, John, noticeably reduced his appearances from the RHNY show after fans made it clear that they didn’t like him. 

I think two things can be true - Emily is high-strung and Shane is annoying and callous. Their marriage is very hard to watch and I don’t want to see Shane on my screen. Much like I didn’t want to see Jim Bellino on television. Another asshole.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

IMO, he doesn’t have to film if he hates it. Acting like a child because he doesn’t want to be on camera is just annoying. The general consensus online is that viewers don’t like him, so no one would feel too badly if he weren’t on the show. Dorinda’s now-ex, John, noticeably reduced his appearances from the RHNY show after fans made it clear that they didn’t like him. 

I think two things can be true - Emily is high-strung and Shane is annoying and callous. Their marriage is very hard to watch and I don’t want to see Shane on my screen. Much like I didn’t want to see Jim Bellino on television. Another asshole.

I totally agree.  He doesn't have to film at all.  He chooses to.  It's as lame an excuse as "bad edit" is.  

• Love 5

He also goes the extra mile of doing TH interviews which many husbands don’t do and than acts like a dick in them. Also, Emily has never seemed surprised by his behavior and the way he treats her so I don’t buy that it’s a new development or dynamic in their relationship.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He also goes the extra mile of doing TH interviews which many husbands don’t do and than acts like a dick in them. Also, Emily has never seemed surprised by his behavior and the way he treats her so I don’t buy that it’s a new development or dynamic in their relationship.

Exactly. I get the impression he enjoys being a dick.  Probably thinks it is cute.

• Love 9
On 10/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, trimthatfat said:

Jim Bellino is/was horrible.  An ass to the core and too dim to see it in himself.

23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I feel Shane's trying to be cool and clever for the camera, but it's completely backfiring - just like Reagan's new husband on Southern Charm New Orleans.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

My God, Bravo has been running RHOC today and I cannot stand Emily.  She is either the worst actress playing up her hurt feelings, or she is the biggest whiner ever.

It usually takes a few seasons to the various sides of these women.  Shannon went from great to horrible to great again but for different reasons.

With Emily, I'm not so sure we'll see better.  I'm feeling as if her condition is chronic.  

• Love 2

Emily needs to get a clue about Shane, and wise up.

Just because she is a lawyer....we never see that. We see her event/s on occasion. Which are amateur. 

If my husband said he would not go to Vegas to see me (not) dancing - I would not.

Emily is a mess.....and so is her husband.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:59 AM, biakbiak said:

A non-lawyer can’t own a stake in a law firm so Emily would be Shane’s boss and there is not a chance in hell of that happening. If he really wants to go back to practicing he should move back to Utah since he passed the bar there.

Personally, I think this is part of Shane's nasty behavior towards Emily.  When they married they were equals.  Now, she's a California attorney who breezed through the bar, and he's a non-attorney with 4-5 bar failures under his belt.  He's a sniveling, insecure, asshole weasel.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:15 AM, Duke2801 said:

On the upswing? Sure Jan. Unless it means he’s only insulting her 10 times a day as opposed to 20. 

I’d say it’s moreso an example of a ticking biological clock inciting desperation and bad decision making. 

And since they were friends, Emily may have already fallen in love with Shane's family.  Coming from such a dysfunctional childhood, I understand her impulse to cling to the nurturing she receives from her in-laws.  She wouldn't be the first woman to marry a man because she loves his family.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Back in the day, the Bar exam was offered in Feb and July. The results were available within a few weeks.  Maybe, things have changed....I wonder if he has taken a professional prep course. To me that was a huge help. 

Shane is clearly a spoiled asshole who's been indulged by his family.  His mother makes endless excuses for his behavior.  When he refused to answer Emily's call during his parents' anniversary party, he called his sister who had to immediately get up and deal with his bullshit.  Emily is working as an attorney and makes show money, and his parents are rich.  He could take three months off work, have a full-time tutor, and dedicate his entire life trying to accomplish what his wife did on the first try.  There's a reason that he hasn't done this, and I'm guessing it's pride.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, AttackTurtle said:

Florida, California and New York are widely known as the hardest to pass.  California's is really hard and the passage rate is just ridiculously low.  

But isn't part of that low pass rate due to the fact California allows people who haven't even attended law school to take the test?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

But isn't part of that low pass rate due to the fact California allows people who haven't even attended law school to take the test?

No. The number who take it without going to law school is so minuscule like around 60 (the are a few other states that allow it) or so out of 80,000 plus people across the country that it has no statistical impact.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

You know, screw BMI. Emily is not "obese." Overweight, okay, I guess so, but obese is such a nasty word and to call her obese when she clearly has a nice figure is just so wrong. I just really felt for her when Eddie said that.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Teri313 said:

You know, screw BMI. Emily is not "obese." Overweight, okay, I guess so, but obese is such a nasty word and to call her obese when she clearly has a nice figure is just so wrong. I just really felt for her when Eddie said that.

Obesity is a medical term. Having a nice figure doesn’t preclude you from being obese. Anyway, Emily is in the overweight category. I think what was actually said was something like, you went from 165 to 190 which is overweight. If you gain another 25, that is obese. 

Screw it? Riding a mobility scooter because your joints are shot isn’t really fun. It’s wise for her to accept she’s approaching obesity and to curtail it before she damages her body. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Obesity is a medical term. Having a nice figure doesn’t preclude you from being obese. Anyway, Emily is in the overweight category. I think what was actually said was something like, you went from 165 to 190 which is overweight. If you gain another 25, that is obese. 

Screw it? Riding a mobility scooter because your joints are shot isn’t really fun. It’s wise for her to accept she’s approaching obesity and to curtail it before she damages her body. 

Noted. But that doesn't change how I feel about Emily's situation. And for the record, he did not say that bit about "if you gain another 25 lbs," he said that she IS obese.

• Love 3

Just an FYI results for the Bar exam are available on Friday to those that took it so if Emily and Shane aren’t announcing it all over her SM he failed again, the pass list  is available to the public starting on Sunday.

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Mobility scooter??  She is nowhere near that size!  She looks like a healthy woman.  Also, as an aside, one CAN be healthy and technically overweight. 

22 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Noted. But that doesn't change how I feel about Emily's situation. And for the record, he did not say that bit about "if you gain another 25 lbs," he said that she IS obese.

Yeah Eddie said that she is obese.  Just like a mother over 35 is "geriatric," the term is a medical term, not what we usually think of as geriatric, and Emily is NOT even close to "obese" in common usage terms, IMO.  She looks fine, and normal.  She has a short neck, and that makes her look larger. 

ETA - I fucking HATE Eddie and Tamara.  Her jealousy of Emily's money is why she is going after her.  Tamara is jealous of anyone that has more than her - she cannot hide it. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

"Our story begins... on a normal Tuesday..."

Keith.jpg

There is NOTHING normal about Tuesdays.

Also, you've discovered my Kryptonite (Keith's bony finger of justice), and therefore must die.

Don't expect some rando fucking teenage dirt biker to ever find your lovely bones in the desert.

{insert ginormous winkie emojithingey here ...}

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Mobility scooter??  She is nowhere near that size!  She looks like a healthy woman.  Also, as an aside, one CAN be healthy and technically overweight. 

She literally just had to have a hip replacement a few weeks ago because of her arthritis so a mobility scooter might be in her future regardless of her weight.

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

She literally just had to have a hip replacement a few weeks ago because of her arthritis so a mobility scooter might be in her future regardless of her weight.

They don't want you sitting around after hip and knee replacements. They want you up and moving as soon as you can. She's going to feel so much better now. I have a friend who was in his early 50s and had arthritis in his hips also. He was miserable, had both hips replaced, and was back to his bike riding active self in no time and so much happier. Same with my husband and his knees.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

They don't want you sitting around after hip and knee replacements. They want you up and moving as soon as you can. She's going to feel so much better now. I have a friend who was in his early 50s and had arthritis in his hips also. He was miserable, had both hips replaced, and was back to his bike riding active self in no time and so much happier. Same with my husband and his knees.

Well she was in a wheelchair at the reunion. But my point was that her arthritis is extremely bad as she has mentioned on the show and not confined to her hip so she could in fact have more mobility issues. Emily is also 43 so around a decade younger than your friend. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Well she was in a wheelchair at the reunion. But my point was that her arthritis is extremely bad as she has mentioned on the show and not confined to her hip so she could in fact have more mobility issues. Emily is also 43 so around a decade younger than your friend. 

I’ve had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 13. I will be 55 in 2 weeks. I had my left hip replaced when I was 43 and my second when I was 44. Weight wasn’t why, it was because I have severe arthritis. I had put on some weight because it hurt to walk let alone exercise. When they replaced my first hip, bone was rubbing against bone and pieces of bone were just floating around.

Had to have 3 of my discs in my neck fused at 47. That was not caused by weight but by arthritis.

Keeping a healthy weight is important because it does affect your joints.

When Emily was doing her dance is Vegas, I could tell that her hip was really bad.

All that arthritis and that huge pain in her butt named Shane - that sucks.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I’ve had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 13. I will be 55 in 2 weeks. I had my left hip replaced when I was 43 and my second when I was 44. Weight wasn’t why, it was because I have severe arthritis. I had put on some weight because it hurt to walk let alone exercise. When they replaced my first hip, bone was rubbing against bone and pieces of bone were just floating around.

I didn’t blame Emily’s weight in fact the opposite, I said it was her arthritis and it would be an issue regardless of weight, the poster was saying Emily was healthy and I wa pointing out she has health issues that are not dependent on her weight and she could one day have mobility issues. It’s a fear Emily herself has expressed.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

There is NOTHING normal about Tuesdays.

Except they are better than Mondays and Wednesdays. At least when I still worked. Now I don't even usually know the day of the week anymore.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Higgins said:

Except they are better than Mondays and Wednesdays. At least when I still worked. Now I don't even usually know the day of the week anymore.

Early retirement turned me into Donald fuckin' Duck - pantless, yet not a danger.  

No clue what day of the week it is - my DVR handles all those pesky details.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I didn’t blame Emily’s weight in fact the opposite, I said it was her arthritis and it would be an issue regardless of weight, the poster was saying Emily was healthy and I wa pointing out she has health issues that are not dependent on her weight and she could one day have mobility issues. It’s a fear Emily herself has expressed.

I picked the wrong post to quote - so sorry, I’m blaming the wine

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Saltgypsie said:

Obese or not, Emily is stunning. I am 6 ft.  And technically "obese" its a horrible feeling to be told your obese..its embarassing and I felt horrible for Emily when Eddie said it on camera.  Boo Eddie.

Eddie is a feckless whore who fucks Tamballs - allegedly - for Bravo Bucks.

And you look specfuckingtacular, my dear!!!

• Love 7
14 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Early retirement turned me into Donald fuckin' Duck - pantless, yet not a danger.  

No clue what day of the week it is - my DVR handles all those pesky details.

Hysterical!  Sounds like a good life to me!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1