Type keyword(s) to search

Emily Simpson: I object to how many times she mentions she's an attorney

• Start Topic

On 7/19/2019 at 9:19 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Though she should definitely work on thickening her skin, I'll say 'good for her'.  She's right.

Her response in 2nd photo.

Emily is “clapping back” to fish for compliments. I’ll go first-Nice boobs. Please don’t cede to OC pressure and get bolt ons. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

And just some really good advice to Andy and the other Bravo HoWives producers:  You could pull some random person out of the check out line of an Orange County convenience store and they would be a thousand times more interesting than Emily and Gina. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, langford peel said:

Emily has a sexy curvy body but she ruins it with what she has done to her face. 

Maybe she should stop worrying about what people think about her body and train her beastly son to not kick the dog.  Emily and Gina  are horrible cast additions.  

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Maybe she should stop worrying about what people think about her body and train her beastly son to not kick the dog.  Emily and Gina  are horrible cast additions.  

Exactly. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Good point. Emily IS more concerned about what others think of her body than her son who is showing signs of serious aggression at a very young age. (Animal abuse at a young age is one of the typical signs of a serial killer in the making.)

Welcome to Orange County CA...that's what it's all about for many people here...looking good on the outside. On the inside: knowing you're lying about everything.

However, the beauty of Southern California is what keeps me here AND there are good, beautiful (inside and out) people here. They're not all fame whores😁

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Wait a minute. You know that no one at Bravo cares about dogs. Except Lisa Vanderpump. That’s why they made puppy dumper Dorito a hero. That kid will probably get his own show.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I came across this article: https://www.allabouttrh.com/2019/08/19/are-emily-and-shane-simpson-headed-for-divorce-new-report-claims-shane-thinks-rhoc-has-changed-emily/

I don't think the show has changed Emily as much as it probably allowed her to enjoy partaking in behaviors that Shane doesn't approve of. I think that side of her was always there, but was either reined in, or not given a chance to come out very often, if at all, and maybe she was content to live that way,... until she wasn't.

just a theory.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 8/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, snarts said:

No Shane Simpson on the February 2019 pass list. 

https://www.law.com/therecorder/2019/05/19/see-who-passed-californias-february-2019-bar-exam/?slreturn=20190714191334

...and his linkedin profile still lists him as an investigator and only licensed as an attorney in Utah. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shane-simpson-5bb393b7

On 8/15/2019 at 5:07 PM, nexxie said:

My bet is the bar was just an excuse for Shane’s absence - and they were living apart at the time of filming.

Wandered over here to see if anyone had posted info on whether Shane had passed the bar.  I actually hope the "need to be away to study for the bar" was contrived for the show because, if not, then I think he's kind of an idiot.  It's really not THAT hard to pass the bar exam if you do a fairly thorough review/preparation (which definitely does not require someone to move out of their house, much less refuse to talk to their family on the phone...good grief!).  With all the different ways to study for it these days (in person and online classes, software, books, etc.), it's pretty easy to take a practice test beforehand to determine whether you're generally ready or not and to identify where you should focus in your preparation.  If he's not able to pass after all that, perhaps it's a big giant sign from the universe that he's not really meant to be an attorney....at least not one in CA, it would seem.

I suspect (1) he jumped at the chance to move out for a bit....either because of marital difficulties or he just selfishly wanted to be in a nice hotel without having to help out at home and deal with the kids, and/or (2) after the negative reactions to him on the show last year, this was the explanation they crafted for why he wouldn't be around while Bravo was filming.

Plus, if he was just quietly going about his business squeezing in study time where/when he could without advertising "Look at me!  I'm spending weeks away from my family to study for the bar exam!!!", there wouldn't be any focus now on whether he passed.  He just set himself up for embarrassment by making such a big deal about it on the show.

These two really seem mismatched -- I don't get it.  

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, KLJ said:

I just read on Facebook that Shane DIDN'T pass the bar, but I’m not sure if that’s accurate or not.

There was a list posted on a legal website of the ones who passed.  So now we know, if that's true, he is not "Steven Simpson" of Mission Viejo.

• Love 2

Hmm, does this sound likely? Not sure.

“Emily revealed that the couple was having problems but thanks, in part, to the show, things are now on the up and up. 

"... this year, it was just much more personal because it's such a bird's-eye view into our life and marriage, and sometimes, you just don't wanna relive that," she said, later adding, "I would say things are definitely on the up-swing now." 

"I think sometimes, maybe the best therapy is actually watching yourself back because I really feel like maybe Shane was not self-aware," the mother-of-three shared. "And to him, he's like, 'Well, I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't call you names. I didn't yell at you.' But I don't think he grasped how dismissive or cold he could be until he was forced to watch himself. He's really put effort into being completely different, and I have to give him credit for that. Definitely.””

https://www.ibtimes.com/real-housewives-orange-county-star-emily-simpson-shares-shocking-marriage-update-2824215

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Nope from me @nexxie. I'm willing to wait it out. I give them 18 months because Emily must have SOME awareness of how this shakes out within this franchise. I'm embarrassed for her but she should have rethought this whole show after Shane lost his shit when she had a party at their home last year.  

• Love 7
15 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Nope from me @nexxie. I'm willing to wait it out. I give them 18 months because Emily must have SOME awareness of how this shakes out within this franchise. I'm embarrassed for her but she should have rethought this whole show after Shane lost his shit when she had a party at their home last year.  

Shane would have to change so much - kinda hoping Emily comes to her senses and realizes she deserves someone who really loves her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 9/5/2019 at 5:09 AM, KLJ said:

I just read on Facebook that Shane DIDN'T pass the bar, but I’m not sure if that’s accurate or not.

Several sources exclusively confirmed to RadarOnline.com that Real Housewives of Orange County star Emily Simpson’s husband Shane Simpson didn’t pass the California Bar Exam in February, but he took it again and is awaiting the results.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/09/rhoc-emily-simpson-husband-shane-failed-ca-bar-exam-lawyer-test-took-again/

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Several sources exclusively confirmed to RadarOnline.com that Real Housewives of Orange County star Emily Simpson’s husband Shane Simpson didn’t pass the California Bar Exam in February, but he took it again and is awaiting the results.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/09/rhoc-emily-simpson-husband-shane-failed-ca-bar-exam-lawyer-test-took-again/

I am sure he wishes his bar (and subsequent failure) wasn't part of the show.  Perhaps Emily can find her own storyline and quit using him for one.  It really seems like he wants no part of the show at all.  I get that he isn't popular and he isn't super warm but she married him and I doubt he has really changed.  I find her trying to make him part of it pretty shitty.  Frankly I want her off the show.  Her kids are terrors (dog kicking, don't know how to act around petting zoo animals), her husband is not participating, her MIL & SIL are thirsty, and I don't find her practicing this dance or planning a party riveting tv.  She can take Gina with her.  And they need to fire the person that thought they were ratings gold.  I also want the moms gone (Dr. EGO, Tamra's mom, Pary).   I also don't care to see Braunwyn get the sads about her lame mother while allowing her to be filmed and bother us all.  Next season, provided Braunwyn survives, we will hear all about their financial problems/lawsuits/whathaveyou if this follows the normal progression of a newly minted HW.  I know I am out of BH and I am fairly sure I will be done with this one.  Right now, I barely pay attn. 

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It really seems like he wants no part of the show at all.  I

If that’s the case than why is he doing THs? He is the one who used the bar as his excuse to not be home with his family not her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

If that’s the case than why is he doing THs? He is the one who used the bar as his excuse to not be home with his family not her.

To appease Emily and her incessant nagging?

I get that Shane is not the most affectionate or outwardly emotional person (sarcastifont), but I have to wonder if Emily really knows who she married. He has never seemed to be comfortable with the whole RH way of doing things (loud drunkeness, silliness, shrieking, etc) She keeps trying to get him to participate, but it's not his thing, he didn't come off well, and he's not a willing participant. His mother and sister, however, are a different story.

I do think they love each other. I think it's a bit unconventional, but I also see the conflict being on this show could cause between them, because of how conservative he seems, vs Emily's wild/fun side and the whooping it up and drunken antics and confrontations that come with being a RH. He doesn't want any part of it, and she's all in.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Numerous husbands have had limited involvement they haven’t don’t THs where they declare that they didn’t miss their family.

I find his behavior appalling and it clearly started long before the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I do think they love each other. I think it's a bit unconventional, but I also see the conflict being on this show could cause between them, because of how conservative he seems, vs Emily's wild/fun side and the whooping it up and drunken antics and confrontations that come with being a RH. He doesn't want any part of it, and she's all in.

Is this a prime example of opposites attract? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Why can't Shane and Emily open up their own shop? He can get the clients, she's got the license. PERFECT!!!!!

That'll be $500.00. You're welcome.

A non-lawyer can’t own a stake in a law firm so Emily would be Shane’s boss and there is not a chance in hell of that happening. If he really wants to go back to practicing he should move back to Utah since he passed the bar there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

On the upswing? Sure Jan. Unless it means he’s only insulting her 10 times a day as opposed to 20. 

8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’d say it’s moreso an example of a ticking biological clock inciting desperation and bad decision making. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Kim Kardashian is working towards becoming a lawyer.  Who do you think will pass the bar exam first, the woman who became famous for her big ass and a sex tape or Shane?

I read yesterday in the Daily Fail that Shane didn’t pass the bar exam third try. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

To appease Emily and her incessant nagging?

I get that Shane is not the most affectionate or outwardly emotional person (sarcastifont), but I have to wonder if Emily really knows who she married. He has never seemed to be comfortable with the whole RH way of doing things (loud drunkeness, silliness, shrieking, etc) She keeps trying to get him to participate, but it's not his thing, he didn't come off well, and he's not a willing participant. His mother and sister, however, are a different story.

21 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

12 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

On the upswing? Sure Jan. Unless it means he’s only insulting her 10 times a day as opposed to 20. 

I’d say it’s moreso an example of a ticking biological clock inciting desperation and bad decision making. 

My thoughts on their marriage - I think she married him for financial stability and because she wanted kids. He married her to get full custody or a better custody arrangement less child support from his ex. She stayed married to him because of the family nucleus she gets from his mom/dad/sister. She's been with Shane now for 10 years - if you look at his 2 older daughters - were they about the same age then as his current 3 when he divorced wife 1? Emily's time might be up.

I do believe Shane treated her better when they first married - before the financial strain of IVF. Emily went through multiple rounds, multiple miscarriages before they opted to use her sister as the surrogate for Anabelle and the twins - that's serious money - most insurances only pay - for one round of IVF. He (his parents money) funded those babies.

I do think she cares for him more than he cares for her, but I do think he cares for her because he could have dumped her after all those initial IVF fails with Emily.

With Gina we heard about divorce rumors before she even came on the show. Once the show started there were mistress rumors/they lived separate lives for years - sort of the same like Jules/Michael of RHNY.

With Emily/Shane - even to now - we haven't heard that they were separated/living apart/no divorce papers filed.

Am I the only one who is waiting for Ashton Kutcher to appear wearing a truckers hat to tell us we've been punked?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Leaving this here. It’s Radar so take it as you will https://radaronline.com/photos/rhoc-emily-simpson-divorce-husband-shane-accused-abuse-drugs/

Topic: is Shane a worse husband than Jim Edmonds? I think they are tied for men I wouldn’t touch even if we were the last people on earth (in housewives universe. Obviously Jim Bob / Josh Duggar and Kody Brown have a shot at that title if we widen the reality borders)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nightmeri said:

opic: is Shane a worse husband than Jim Edmonds? I think they are tied for men I wouldn’t touch even if we were the last people on earth (in housewives universe. Obviously Jim Bob / Josh Duggar and Kody Brown have a shot at that title if we widen the reality borders)

I'd throw that Bellini creep into this mix as well. 

• Love 7
On 9/13/2019 at 3:10 PM, biakbiak said:

As usually they failed it was mentioned on the show that it was his fourth time. 

so the one that he just hid out in the hotel room was for his 4th try?  Do we know those results yet?  I don't know why but I thought it was his 3rd try.  Give it up douche.....you're not going to be a member of the CA Bar.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TV Diva Queen said:

so the one that he just hid out in the hotel room was for his 4th try?  Do we know those results yet?  I don't know why but I thought it was his 3rd try.  Give it up douche.....you're not going to be a member of the CA Bar.

He failed the one he was studying for on the show which Emily said he had failed three times before making it his fourth. Several articles are reporting that he took it again in July but is vague where they got that info and results for that don’t come out until mid-November.

• Love 2
On 9/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Back in the day, the Bar exam was offered in Feb and July. The results were available within a few weeks.  Maybe, things have changed....I wonder if he has taken a professional prep course. To me that was a huge help. 

For the past twenty years (at least), it’s taken two-three months to get the results.  I took/passed mine in 2000.

Shane is awful but so is the CA Bar exam. Your chances of passing decrease each time you have to take it.  But CA’s Bar has a ridiculously low passage rate.  I get him not wanting to front and center while taking the Bar and waiting on the results. Being mocked all over social media for failing a test that 60%+ people don’t pass (and most people don’t know this) can’t be a whole lot of fun.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

For the past twenty years (at least), it’s taken two-three years to get the results.  I took/passed mine in 2000.

Shane is awful but so is the CA Bar exam. Your chances of passing decrease each time you have to take it.  But CA’s Bar has a ridiculously low passage rate.  I get him not wanting to front and center while taking the Bar and waiting on the results. Being mocked all over social media for failing a test that 60%+ people don’t pass (and most people don’t know this) can’t be a whole lot of fun.

Do you mean 2-3 months?  I took the NJ and NY bars in July 1997 -- found out I passed NJ in September, I think, but didn't find out I passed NY until mid-to-late November.  Back then (the stone age, ha!) some of my colleagues were up all night because it took forever for each page of the NY bar website to load showing the names of the people who had passed.  When I moved to FL and took the bar here in February 2006, I can't remember how long it took to get results, but I think it wasn't that long....maybe by early April?

I would agree that the chance of passing decreases each time a person takes it -- not because the test gets inherently harder in, but because some people just aren't cut out to pass that kind of test.  Doesn't mean they're not intelligent.  Some people just aren't good test takers.  It's got to be heartbreaking though to pay for law school and invest all that energy in studying and then not to pass the bar exam.

But, Shane seems like an ass, so it's hard to work up a lot of sympathy for him.   

• Love 2
21 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

get him not wanting to front and center while taking the Bar and waiting on the results. Being mocked all over social media for failing a test that 60%+ people don’t pass (and most people don’t know this) can’t be a whole lot of fun.

He made it a storyline he was only not shooting for three weeks so he could have easily said he didn’t want it mentioned and they could have said he was traveling etc. not to mention he chose to take it when they were filming, yes it’s only offered twice a year but if it was too much of a distraction for him and he didn’t want it on blast he could have taken it in July and we wouldn’t have known.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Seriously?!?!

Jesus...too much Prosecco for me!  2-3 months not years.  In MA if you take it in July, you find out by the first week of November.  If you take it in February, you find out in The first week of May.  

I do feel a bit bad for Shane.  I passed on the first go, but MA is no where near as hard as the CA Bar.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I don’t know how hard the Florida bar is, but I have an acquaintance who passed it on the fifth try, and she was 50 at the time. Probably pretty hard to be menopausal and deal with that miserable test. It’s a younger woman’s game, but she beat the odds. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I don’t know how hard the Florida bar is, but I have an acquaintance who passed it on the fifth try, and she was 50 at the time. Probably pretty hard to be menopausal and deal with that miserable test. It’s a younger woman’s game, but she beat the odds. 

Florida, California and New York are widely known as the hardest to pass.  California's is really hard and the passage rate is just ridiculously low.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/19/2019 at 1:31 PM, AttackTurtle said:

Florida, California and New York are widely known as the hardest to pass.  California's is really hard and the passage rate is just ridiculously low.  

And Kim Fucking Kardashian thinks she's going to pass it, never mind the twit is too lazy to apply to and attend law school?

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, politichick said:

And Kim Fucking Kardashian thinks she's going to pass it, never mind the twit is too lazy to apply to and attend law school?

Honestly, the Bar Bri Course was legit law school in a nutshell (at least for the subjects on the Bar)... twit  she may be, but I won’t be surprised if she passes.   It is annoying that she’s not going to law school.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Honestly, the Bar Bri Course was legit law school in a nutshell (at least for the subjects on the Bar)... twit  she may be, but I won’t be surprised if she passes.   It is annoying that she’s not going to law school.

Why? If she can pass the bar without the expense of school, seems smart.

35 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Why? If she can pass the bar without the expense of school, seems smart.

I don’t think money is why she’s foregoing law school.  She doesn’t want to put the time into three years of law school.  It’s annoying because there is a lot more that goes into being a lawyer than is on the Bar.   There is a ton of legal research, writing, mock trials, hearings, etc... Not to mention being constantly tested to answer on the spot in front of hundreds of classmates...just as would be expected in Court.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I don’t think money is why she’s foregoing law school.  She doesn’t want to put the time into three years of law school.  It’s annoying because there is a lot more that goes into being a lawyer than is on the Bar.   There is a ton of legal research, writing, mock trials, hearings, etc... Not to mention being constantly tested to answer on the spot in front of hundreds of classmates...just as would be expected in Court.

It's just a feather in her cap. I doubt she will practice as a trial lawyer.

• Love 1