Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20 Lupe & Brittani 2018.07.18

• Start Topic

They're back!  It's another "Where Are They Now?" type episode, featuring Lupe and Brittani. TLC can't seem to get enough of Lupe; this is her second follow up episode.  You may recall Lupe from her horrible husband, Gilbert, who tore her stitches open during sex, her double chin that was scarred heavily from a tracheotomy, her penchant for makeup you could see from space, or her continuing to push forward to lose weight and get out of an abusive marriage.

Brittani was a lovely young woman who was very open and honest about her struggles. She also had a follow up episode. Maybe this time they'll address her husband's weight.  Let's watch and see!

This is the REGULAR EPISODE thread.  It will be open after the US East Coast showing.

• Love 1
On 7/14/2018 at 12:04 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Brittani was a lovely young woman who was very open and honest about her struggles. She also had a follow up episode. Maybe this time they'll address her husband's weight. 

I like Brittani and want to see her succeed. Her husband Bill seems like a good guy, was sad to see that it looked like he got bigger this episode.

Lupe, her neck, and Gilbert 2: Electric Gigolo I don't want to see again.

• Love 12

I missed posting during the Live Chat, but when I saw that poster of Lupe on Gilbert 2's wall, my first thought was, "Oh, I wonder if he likes large girls in that fetish kind of way?"  Lupe definitely needs to learn how to be on her own before popping out a kid with someone she just met.  Sigh...

• Love 10

Anyone thinking like me on why Lupe hightailed it back to CA?  I bet she was already corresponding with the Nu-Gilbert for awhile and just used the excuse of seeing her family. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, skipnjump said:

I missed posting during the Live Chat, but when I saw that poster of Lupe on Gilbert 2's wall, my first thought was, "Oh, I wonder if he likes large girls in that fetish kind of way?"  Lupe definitely needs to learn how to be on her own before popping out a kid with someone she just met.  Sigh...

I read somewhere that Lupe is 43.  I doubt she will be popping out a kid anytime soon.  Thank God.

• Love 11

Post Gilbert/pre Andrew Lupe has tasteful makeup, blown out hair, actual smile and effervescent demeanor. When she’s with a man Lupe reverts to resting bitch face, Tammy Faye Baker makeup, wet poodle hair  and the personality of the pus that Dr Pimple Popper squeezes out of every patient.

• Love 22

I wonder if Lupe and Gilbert 2 just sit in the same room staring at each other all day, punctuated occasionally by fits of awkward conversation.

Brittani is still sweet.  Her poor legs. Sometimes I think I want to have surgery on my loose skin, and then I watch an episode like this and I'm like, "I'm good. Nothanks."

• Love 11

When Lupe was first shown sitting there with G2 in his apartment and her narration was talking about how happy she was, all I could think of was that I've never seen anyone look so unhappy, pissed off, miserable as she did watching G2 nuke her mac and cheese.

• Love 19

Lupe--"All of these scales are wrong!"   "I'm not getting any respect for how hard I'm working at losing weight!"    "Gilbert2, get me some more chicken fingers and mac and cheese!"   

Brittani was inspirational and a true nod to successful weight loss.

• Love 18

Dammit Lupe...

You think maybe she got tired of being a 'strong, independent woman' who don't need no man?

Cause this dude could be Gilbert's brother. I knew she was in trouble when this idiot thought chicken nuggets and  mac and cheese was G2 helping her "stay on plan." Dammit. She was doing so GOOD there for a minute. I'm so disappointed and pissed off that I wasted my time on her. In the next where are they now (oh you know they'll do one, this heffa need the money), she'll probably be up a hundred pounds and still in denial. When she blamed Dr. Now I knew it was over...

Brittani better wake up. She keeps waiting waiting waiting to start her life. When I do this, this, this, & now this, THEN I'll start my family. Girl, you almost 40....She shoulda been pregnant twice by now...

She's so cute though. Like a little fairy person...

• Love 14

Lupe seemed to be doing so well until Gilbert II / “Andrew” turned up.  It’s like his goal is for her to put the weight back on!  Like everyone else I don’t see any hope for success while he’s feeding her.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I like Brittani and want to see her succeed. Her husband Bill seems like a good guy, was sad to see that it looked like he got bigger this episode.

Lupe, her neck, and Gilbert 2: Electric Gigolo I don't want to see again.

Hey there Armchair Critic. Seems like you stood me up last night during the live chat; missed your snark!

Yes I love, love, love, love me some Brittani, especially the way she always owned her mistakes, put her head down and kept on making progress. She didn't accuse Dr. Now of not knowing her body like Pee Pad Penny or not helping her enough like James K and Lisa or used her "intellegement" to badger him about his belief in God like Schenee. Nope, she always took responsibility for messing up. I agree about her hubby and hope that he starts to take better care of himself.

As for Lupe, TLC really had us going, initially making us think she was finally getting her act together, losing over 400 pounds, and dumping Gilbert. But no, she started regaining weight, nixed Dr. Now's therapy recommendation since, according to her, she doesn't need it, and returned to the scene of the crime (California) with a new Gilbert and could possibly regain every last pound she lost, with a purse full of tacos. Sad really.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Effing Autocorrect! It changed nixed to mixed!
  • Love 10

Brittany is cute, but I do remember her losing her shit at the grocery store because people were "staring" at her in the first episode. Uh....maybe because a camera crew was following you around. Chill girl. Same with Ashey when the guy came up to her to bless her. He was BLESSING YOU! not pointing and laughing. Geesh people. Calm down....

• Love 3

Lupe and G2 had me really sad, I thought she could do better, damnit.  When the patient starts to blame Dr. Now, you know it's over.  Back to purses filled with tacos and sad, sad men.  (<---An excellent title for a country music album, if anyone is interested....). I feel for her, really.  She's lost and needs therapy desperately.  

Brittany was a testement to hard work and perseverance.  As another poster mentioned, it's a shame her husband gained weight.  They're both going to have to get their health together in order to get pregnant.  I think she can do it, she's got a lot of gumption. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

I liked Brittany better than most of the participants. I did feel sorry for Lupe , especially not being able to walk, but her follow up was boring. By the way, is Brittany really short? I couldn't quite figure out what was going on with her legs. My one friend has lipodema and her legs look a lot like that. She has to wrap them in compression stockings and get treatments on them to get rid of the excess fluid. She told me she developed it as a teenager and it runs in her family. I expected Britanny's legs to look better after Dr. Now did the surgery on them. 

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I liked Brittany better than most of the participants. I did feel sorry for Lupe , especially not being able to walk, but her follow up was boring. By the way, is Brittany really short? I couldn't quite figure out what was going on with her legs. My one friend has lipodema and her legs look a lot like that. She has to wrap them in compression stockings and get treatments on them to get rid of the excess fluid. She told me she developed it as a teenager and it runs in her family. I expected Britanny's legs to look better after Dr. Now did the surgery on them. 

I truly believe that Brittani needs a very proficient team of plastic surgeons to get the best results for her legs. It appeared to me that there was still a great deal of fat in her legs and that more weight loss wouldn't really improve them. She's already pretty normal looking from the hips up, so maybe a series of targeted liposuctions then more surgery, again by someone more experienced in that type of finesse plastic surgery. I am not saying this to criticize her but to give her what she stated as her goal. BTW, if there is anyone here with a medical/surgical background, please enlighten me as to whether or not this would even be possible.

Unfortunately, I think that they go with Dr. Now for the skin removal surgeries because, as part of their participation in the show, they won't have to pay for them if he does the procedures.

She was so brave and cool to go to the beach and enjoy herself when there are so many cruel and nasty people in the world who have no problem pointing, staring, saying hateful things, and treating people like they don't belong in certain places; much braver than I could ever be.

She worked so hard and definitely deserves the best.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 12

I’m apparently not talented enough to figure out how to quote from the live chat into this thread on my phone, but I want to thank @Pepper Mostly for using “parti-colored” to describe someone’s hair, because it means I’m not the only one who uses that term, and I didn't make it up, despite what my ex thought. 

Yes, I have issues. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Lupe and G2 had me really sad, I thought she could do better, damnit.  When the patient starts to blame Dr. Now, you know it's over.  Back to purses filled with tacos and sad, sad men.  (<---An excellent title for a country music album, if anyone is interested....). I feel for her, really.  She's lost and needs therapy desperately.  

Brittany was a testement to hard work and perseverance.  As another poster mentioned, it's a shame her husband gained weight.  They're both going to have to get their health together in order to get pregnant.  I think she can do it, she's got a lot of gumption. 

Or a movie title. Hey, if you can have a hatful og miracles, why not a purse full of tacos? ;-D

• Love 3
12 hours ago, skipnjump said:

But they met in grade school so they totally know each other well enough to move in together after a whole month!

8 hours ago, toodles said:

I read somewhere that Lupe is 43.  I doubt she will be popping out a kid anytime soon.  Thank God.

How old do you think she looks? Her facebook page lists her birthday as 7/16/75, so she just turned 43 (not sure how long ago this was actually filmed). I'll be 43 in October, and people tend to think I'm much younger (one coworker recently said 27; I would guess most people would think early-mid 30s at most). I wonder if we stood next to each other what people would guess to be our relative ages…

• Love 1

Ok, I'll just say it.  I see absolutely nothing appealing about Lupe that explains how she's finding men to take care of her.  She's absolutely helpless and not a wonderful personality.   Gilbert #1, Gilbert #2.  Whatever......

• Love 17

Lupe is not a pleasant personality. When she had to wait on anything she got the bitchiest look on her face, like even when she was just waiting for someone to come around the car with her wheelchair. She is delusional and I don't think she has it in her to give up her abusive man servants and figure her shit out. Especially seeing as she "is too busy" to see the therapist.

I feel so bad for Brittany. Girl works her ass off for 2-3 years and endures the painful surgeries, and after all that she still has to deal with those legs. The reality is they do not look "normal", especially given that she is a skinny minny on top now, so yeah, people are totally STILL going to stare and often be mean. I really hope something can be figured out for her. If I was really heavy and facing years of that kind of effort, as much as it is inspiring that she perservered, I honestly don't know if I would be encouraged or discouraged by her outcome. 

• Love 14

I agree with the poster that a good plastic surgeon could do wonders for brittanies legs and i mean no disrespect to dr now. I hope maybe someone who can do that type of specialized surgery sees this show and will offer it to her. That part was discouraging to see and i also think she deserves it .

• Love 7

I remember on a Skin Tight episode the first season that one of the plastic surgeons sent a patient to Dr. Now for their leg surgery because of his skill as a vascular surgeon. I don't think he does the best job with them, but I think there's a reason the legs especially end up with Dr. Now. 

I'm confused,  because Dr Now is being so tough on Brittani, but when famous multi-episode 10 yr out patient Melissa  started gaining and gaining,  he actually told her not to worry, just try to stay under 400 lbs.  Sadly I guess that's realistic for someone who was way over 600.  

I can see Lupe moving back to CA wth the new Gilbert and chowing down with the big family again,  gaining her weight back and staying in that wheelchair.  But who knows,  I never thought she'd lose in the first place. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, shannew said:

Anyone thinking like me on why Lupe hightailed it back to CA?  I bet she was already corresponding with the Nu-Gilbert for awhile and just used the excuse of seeing her family. 

110%!!! That’s the first thing I thought too @shannew!

• Love 2

Ugh Brittany’s legs. That’s got to be soooo discouraging for her since she worked her ass off to lose the weight and it’s a very disappointing outcome . Are the legs like that also because she hadn’t been wrapping them all the way up ? Dr Now mentioned that during her follow up visit .  Her husband Bill gained A TON of weight by the final visit we were shown . Holy Moly, he will be a candidate for Dr Now surgery soon. 

Lupe. Gilbert2 wiping her ass in the future could be a possibility . Chicken fingers & Mac n cheese? Did she learn nothing while losing FOUR HUNDRED pounds. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

110%!!! That’s the first thing I thought too @shannew!

21 hours ago, shannew said:

Sorry for quoting the posts out of order, I'm slowly figuring this out.  I thought Lupe had said that her and Nu-Gilbert had been corresponding prior to her going to CA,  and like others, I think that is the real reason why she went back to CA, especially since she moved in with him after a "couple of dates".

(edited)
15 hours ago, jennblevins said:

I’m apparently not talented enough to figure out how to quote from the live chat into this thread on my phone, but I want to thank @Pepper Mostly for using “parti-colored” to describe someone’s hair, because it means I’m not the only one who uses that term, and I didn't make it up, despite what my ex thought. 

Yes, I have issues. 

LOL, no shame no fear @jennblevins. Remind me to tell you about the guy I'm still mad at, who contended that drinking koolaid was just as good for you as drinking water, because what if you ate a packet of koolaid, then drank a bunch of water? the koolaid would just mix up in your stomach instead! This was in the 80's, and I'm still annoyed. He also thought rose hips didn't exist, since he'd never heard of them. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, jennblevins said:

Yes, I have issues. 

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

LOL, no shame no fear @jennblevins. Remind me to tell you about the guy I'm still mad at, who contended that drinking koolaid was just as good for you as drinking water, because what if you ate a packet of koolaid, then drank a bunch of water? the koolaid would just mix up in your stomach instead! This was in the 80's, and I'm still annoyed. He also thought rose hips didn't exist, since he'd never heard of them. 

Parti-colored is a real thing. For example, AKC has three colors of cocker spaniels, black (including black and tan), ASCOB (any solid color other than black), and parti. Here's a parti.

image.png.8fd5b84468c1f8d0e05f75a1f594d70a.png

• Love 5
3 hours ago, skipnjump said:

I thought Lupe had said that her and Nu-Gilbert had been corresponding prior to her going to CA,  and like others, I think that is the real reason why she went back to CA, especially since she moved in with him after a "couple of dates".

I must have missed that, but it sounds right.  Once she met him every single sentence was “me and (whatever his name is)”.  Someone mentioned either in this thread or Live Chat that it’s exactly like Erica once she found her “old classmate”.  And all this crap about him talking to the orthopaedic surgeon really annoyed me!!  When I saw one my husband came with me to LISTEN in case there was something I did not pick up on or remind me to mention something if I’d forgotten to bring it up.  The doctor spoke to ME and I was the only one who talked directly to him.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

I'm confused,  because Dr Now is being so tough on Brittani, but when famous multi-episode 10 yr out patient Melissa  started gaining and gaining,  he actually told her not to worry, just try to stay under 400 lbs.  Sadly I guess that's realistic for someone who was way over 600.  

I can see Lupe moving back to CA wth the new Gilbert and chowing down with the big family again,  gaining her weight back and staying in that wheelchair.  But who knows,  I never thought she'd lose in the first place. 

Double standards for sure, “poor Melissa” got tons of sympathy yet Brittani didn’t.  Maybe it’s the amount of time that elapsed?  I do think you’re right about what is realistic, and if these patients can stay mobile and able to care for themselves it really is a success compared to where the infamous “journeys” began.  

I was thrilled when the surgeon said no to Lupe until she gets her weight down.  The sort of food they’re eating I don’t think she will ever get there.  Same kind of thing, as long as she keeps some level of mobility (but with Gilbert 2 feeding her how long will that continue!) it may realistically be the best she can do.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Wanda said:

Post Gilbert/pre Andrew Lupe has tasteful makeup, blown out hair, actual smile and effervescent demeanor. When she’s with a man Lupe reverts to resting bitch face, Tammy Faye Baker makeup, wet poodle hair  and the personality of the pus that Dr Pimple Popper squeezes out of every patient.

I would like to make it a law that you are not allowed to outline your lips with dark lipstick.  You can wear dark lipstick, but it has to fill in your whole lips.  A few (dozen) years ago, there was an ill-considered fad for this, and IT'S OVER.  So stop doing it.

Lupe's apparently giving up makes me sad.  Her grumbling about not getting credit for her "hard work" is the perpetual complaint of the people who can't stick to Dr. Now's program.  Credit doesn't matter; weight loss does.  You would think that someone who was not only as fat as Lupe was, but as close to death's door as she was, would understand what's important, but no--she wants to be stroked as she continues to work herself right back up the scale.  Not to mention the fact that she's never going to be able to walk unless she loses enough weight to get her hip fixed.

I want to see Andrew's thighs.  They are mighty big, out of proportion to his body.  Otherwise, he seems like such a nice guy--but not too bright, since he doesn't get it that chicken nuggets and mac&cheese are not what Lupe needs to be eating.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I want to see Andrew's thighs.  They are mighty big, out of proportion to his body.  Otherwise, he seems like such a nice guy--but not too bright, since he doesn't get it that chicken nuggets and mac&cheese are not what Lupe needs to be eating.

Sorry . . . but Andrew pinged my gaydar.  I think he's into Lupe for the fame and money.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

You would think that someone who was not only as fat as Lupe was, but as close to death's door as she was, would understand what's important, but no--she wants to be stroked as she continues to work herself right back up the scale.  Not to mention the fact that she's never going to be able to walk unless she loses enough weight to get her hip fixed.

This is what was so baffling to me.  I don't recall her exact words, but she definitely ended by saying something about how she's going to be concentrating instead on making a great family life.  And I kept thinking, wouldn't being mobile be the best thing she could do at this point before starting a family (since she's fortunate that it's something that is under her control). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Sorry . . . but Andrew pinged my gaydar.  I think he's into Lupe for the fame and money.  

I don't think I have any gaydar at all.  One of my friends from high school who was as effeminate as could be turned out to be really hot hetero stuff (don't ask me how I know; I was a Good Girl).  I look at people like James Corden, who I think seems a little gay, but he isn't.  Andrew is certainly a sweet guy, and soft spoken (and with massive womanly thighs), but I don't see gay.   I guess he's in the clear about having to procreate, given Lupe's age, so I suspect we'll never know--unless and until he's on that transitioning show--but that's not about gay guys.  So I'm flummoxed.  But you could easily be right.  For Lupe's sake I hope you're wrong, though--one guy so macho he couldn't leave her alone right after surgery, one guy into guys--that would be too much.  Might send her right back to the mac&cheese.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hopefully NuGilbert isn’t just one of those fetish guys into large women or fattening her up again. Also Gilbert’s 1 & Nu could be living for free off Lupes disability check and all they have to do is be caretaker ; fix a few meals & wash n dry her.   Hope it’s legit love.   Lupe was going off the rails , it’s not looking good if she can’t get her head straight. 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 3
On 7/19/2018 at 2:02 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

Hey there Armchair Critic. Seems like you stood me up last night during the live chat; missed your snark!

Yes I love, love, love, love me some Brittani, especially the way she always owned her mistakes, put her head down and kept on making progress. She didn't accuse Dr. Now of not knowing her body like Pee Pad Penny or not helping her enough like James K and Lisa or used her "intellegement" to badger him about his belief in God like Schenee. Nope, she always took responsibility for messing up. I agree about her hubby and hope that he starts to take better care of himself.

As for Lupe, TLC really had us going, initially making us think she was finally getting her act together, losing over 400 pounds, and dumping Gilbert. But no, she started regaining weight, nixed Dr. Now's therapy recommendation since, according to her, she doesn't need it, and returned to the scene of the crime (California) with a new Gilbert and could possibly regain every last pound she lost, with a purse full of tacos. Sad really.

You really got me @DC Gal in VA with “a purse full of tacos” I just about lost it! ???

• Love 5
(edited)

Lupe & Brittani

19 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I agree with the poster that a good plastic surgeon could do wonders for brittanies legs and i mean no disrespect to dr now. I hope maybe someone who can do that type of specialized surgery sees this show and will offer it to her. That part was discouraging to see and i also think she deserves it .

It was shocking to see what her legs are like after the surgery ,the beach shots were sad to see,P.S Brittani's husband seemed to be larger with every doctors visit. not good . I think she is yo yo-ing dieting and it shows ,same goes for Lupe ...

4 hours ago, DNR said:

Hopefully NuGilbert isn’t just one of those fetish guys into large women or fattening her up again. Also Gilbert’s 1 & Nu could be living for free off Lupes disability check and all they have to do is be caretaker ; fix a few meals & wash n dry her.   Hope it’s legit love.   Lupe was going off the rails , it’s not looking good if she can’t get her head straight. 

4 hours ago, DNR said:

Last year Facebook had pictures of Lupe looking wonderful ,now she almost looks as bad before the weight loss .. something is not right/, Very sad for her..

Edited by AVM
  • Love 3

I am amazed how much Brittani has improved but how disparate her top and bottom halves look.  I really do hope she has a chance to get her legs into the shape she dreamed about getting - her words when she left the therapist office really resonated with me.  Good for her going to the beach regardless, though.  She is a strong woman and I wish her the best.  She has done the work and she is right to enjoy the fruits of her labors.  Hope she has no trouble getting pregnant and has a healthy child.  Her husband, though, seemed to walk with the same gait as the 600-pound patients by the end of the episode!  Why isn't he following her example and trying to eat better and move more?  

Lupe was irritating, her attitude towards both her new boyfriend and Dr. Now bothered me from the beginning. Can't say I feel sorry for her... she is getting her just desserts, wheelchair included. 

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, toodles said:

No pun intended, right?

Actually it's "just deserts," with the "desert" being from the same root as "deserve." 

(To which my husband would say, "Thank you Sheldon." )  BBT fans?

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Actually it's "just deserts," with the "desert" being from the same root as "deserve." 

Thank you.  I actually did not know that, and I have never seen that phrase in writing before.  I did contemplate whether it should be one s or two, and decided it looked better with two! :) 

Or it may be my subconscious reminding me that I overindulged on desserts myself - ironically, during the airing of this episode.  I went to a Hungarian restaurant with a colleague who is Hungarian and who said that food tasted just like his Grandmother's so I have to try at least three desserts (on top of an already big meal).  Then I walked 52 blocks to my hotel and I wish it was 102, because only after walking 30-35 blocks I stopped feeling like *I* was an overstuffed pepper!   I definitely can see how one can get to 600 pounds if one eats like that every day for years - but why would anyone even want to?  It's physically uncomfortable. 

• Love 2
On 7/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, toodles said:

On 7/19/2018 at 6:44 PM, ams1001 said:

How old do you think she looks? Her facebook page lists her birthday as 7/16/75, so she just turned 43 (not sure how long ago this was actually filmed). I'll be 43 in October, and people tend to think I'm much younger (one coworker recently said 27; I would guess most people would think early-mid 30s at most). I wonder if we stood next to each other what people would guess to be our relative ages…

I just watched this and came running here to find out her age - when she said she wanted to have a baby my jaw dropped because I thought she was in her 50s at least!

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Hahaha AZ Christian that's EXACTLY what I said about Andrew during the live chat!

Edited to add: Do you, or anyone else here recall when Andrew said he was kinda scared to talk to Lupe because she looked all tough? Like others here, I just don't get exactly what is so attractive about her; not so much her looks since there's (supposedly) a lid for every pot, but I find her personality to be anything but inviting. Also, she seems to be in no hurry to lose more weight, get her hip replaced, and get outta that damned wheelchair. Honestly, it almost seems like she is addicted to that thing.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 7

I was somewhat disappointed when Dr. Now was blaming the size of Brittney's legs on her diet.  Lets say it was because she was eating like crap, what bad foods is she eating to make her look anorexic waist up and obese waist down?  I was hoping he would address the reality of lipedema, which is a very misunderstood, but relatively common,  disorder (here's one site that discusses it: http://advancedlipedematreatment.com/understanding-lipedema/).  What she needs is water jet assisted liposuction and it's expensive and not covered by insurance.

I am in the same boat as Brittney - I got WLS 4 years ago (starting weight 318) and now I am size 4 above the waist and you can see my whole ribcage, but I am a size 10 below the waist and I look like a freak in shorts (as an aside, I got a mammogram yesterday (hadn't been in 3 yrs, oops) and they told me that I had absolutely no fat left in my breasts, as compared to my last mamo,  it's all just dense tissue).  I'm just so stinking sick and tired of people telling me to diet and work my legs out more because it just doesn't work - losing more weight just makes my upper half look more anorexic.  

• Love 16
(edited)
8 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hahaha AZ Christian that's EXACTLY what I said about Andrew during the live chat!

Edited to add: Do you, or anyone else here recall when Andrew said he was kinda scared to talk to Lupe because she looked all tough? Like others here, I just don't get exactly what is so attractive about her; not so much her looks since there's (supposedly) a lid for every pot, but I find her personality to be anything but inviting. Also, she seems to be in no hurry to lose more weight, get her hip replaced, and get outta that damned wheelchair. Honestly, it almost seems like she is addicted to that thing.

Being in AZ, I don't read the live chat thread.  I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that about Andrew.  At least now that Lupe is more mobile, Andrew doesn't have to clean her folds and she can use the toilet (without breaking it) . . . so if he's there as her home health aide, the job is easier than when Gilbert had it.  

Edited by AZChristian
Typo
  • Love 3

I’m apparently not talented enough to figure out how to quote from the live chat into this thread on my phone,

I've never been able to figure that out - iPad either. Anyone who knows how, I'm all ears (eyes, actually) over here.

I would love to see Brittani have additional surgery on her legs BUT I was so impressed with her ability to be comfortable with her body. I liked how, at the end, she talked about how it wasn't medically necessary and the skin wasn't tugging - so it's totally a cosmetic choice for her about whether or not to have it done. Good for her.

Is it me, or does she also walk sort of stooped over? I was wondering if that's just habit from when she was heavier or what...

• Love 4