Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Dating Wishes and Cabaret Dreams

• Start Topic

30K for that apartment? It looks like it needs so much work. Her current apartment is so much more done. I hope the coupon guy isn't biting off more than he can chew. 

Moaner going for red scarf was fricking hilarous. Typical Bethany, a guy says that he came to the event to be with her and she was like, nope, no way. She is ridiculously closed off. 

They couldn't pay me enough money to go to the cabaret show. 

• Love 2

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what the hell was up with Sonja's hair in her talking head with the silver sparkly dress? It was like she rolled out of bed, threw the dress on, and sat on the interview stool. No shower. No hairbrush.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

30K for that apartment? It looks like it needs so much work. Her current apartment is so much more done. I hope the coupon guy isn't biting off more than he can chew. 

Moaner going for red scarf was fricking hilarous. Typical Bethany, a guy says that he came to the event to be with her and she was like, nope, no way. She is ridiculously closed off. 

They couldn't pay me enough money to go to the cabaret show. 

I'd give my left lung to go.  LOL.  

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what the hell was up with Sonja's hair in her talking head with the silver sparkly dress? It was like she rolled out of bed, threw the dress on, and sat on the interview stool. No shower. No hairbrush.

Sonja is just a gross person IMO.  That mouth ball comment and the spanking comment, ewww.  IDK, its a cross between desperate and just....IDK just GROSS!

• Love 11
(edited)
7 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I was LOL at Ramona and her friend in the gym. Who works out in full makeup and doesn't put their hair up or back? It looked so stupid. 

The same people that go to a steam room (Tins & Carole) in full makeup and jewelry on.  I feel a producer simply said we need shots of you in such & such place.  I like the more real scenes of them like them with no make up on.

I'm very confused by Carole & Adam's relationship.  Are they together or aren't they?  They took a trip to Dubai together back in May but according the Carole's blog and social media it seems like they aren't.  The flowers may actually be from him but I get the feeling if he wants her back it's not for the right reasons.  Look I like Adam but honestly I think he sees Carole as a free ride.  If they break up for good then there goes the free publicity for his modeling career and all the cool trips...

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I was relieved to hear Brian wasn't B's type because if offering a bj was her way to impress...

Finding out that they were at least friendly acquaintances before made that joke a lot more understandable!

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I was relieved to hear Brian wasn't B's type because if offering a bj was her way to impress...

That's Bethenny with her smart ass mouth thinking she's being so quick witted and funny. Money definitely can't buy you class. I'll give her a pass, though, because her Ramona impression was so good!

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, film noire said:

I think she said Chita Rivera (but I'd go see your version in a New York minute ; )

che 2.jpg

You've killed me. I'm officially dead. 

photofunky.gif

Watching Ramona speed date was the best thing ever. She's absolutely cringe-worthy tee-vee viewing.  Bethenny was hilarious mimicking her. When Ramona was flirting with Brian all I could see was:

tumblr_p4f62stsTJ1wpvft0o1_500.gif

Sonja. Is she on medication of some sort? Holy shitballs. She doesn't filter herself at all. Many of her compliments were really an insult. " Oh I love your hands. I grew up with ruddy hands like yours" or "You're so confident to walk around with a stain on your shirt." Kudos to her.  However, Mr. Spanky was a scary dude. Sonja, be careful. 

Overall, this was a really fun episode. Lots of laughs. That why I love RHONY the best. They really know how to have fun, and for the most part they seem to genuinely like each other's company. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 20
(edited)
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Damn Luann looks amazing.  All those dresses looked fantastic on her.

Why does Carole keep telling us Adam wants her back? It's not really necessary to keep saying "he wants me back", unless you want him back. If you do? Cool, go back to him. It's  llike she trying to convince someone....shrugs.

I wish Carole would move on from Adam .

Creepy guy with Sonja  was disturbing. Someone mentioned Mr. Goodbar  up thread ,yeah that's what I thought too.

I think I'm finally over Tinsley . I don't dislike her , she's probably a sweet person but I just don't care about her relationship with that guy. Her fake sweater storage had me rolling my eyes.

Watching Ramona makes me uncomfortable.  

Bethany's impression on R was hysterical. 

So what is Bethany relationship status?  I heard Carole say she wasn't sure but did Bethany say last night?  

Edited by Gem 10
Wrong housewife .. sorry.

New theory (for me): Beth is so insecure and uncomfortable that she insults other people or uses vulgar jokes so that the other people are as uncomfortable and anxiety-ridden as she is. Watch her enter a crowded room. The way she greets people is so awkward. She says “hi” and “how are you?” in such a guarded, defensive way. She seems so nervous and worried, as if someone is going to try to hurt her in some way. 

When Brian told her that she was sitting so far away from him, she looked so uncertain and ill at ease. So she “jokes” about the blow job to throw him off. Deep down, she is still so damaged and scared. 

• Love 24

Loved that Bethenny did not freak out over Sonja in a dress, going commando and rolling around on her couch - maybe she really is softening towards Sonja or - more likely - she was already planning on replacing the couch the next day...

• Love 11

Bethenny’s “Hi, how are you?” always delivered in the exact same, slightly startled tone is interesting.  She’s admitted that she can be socially inept (especially in a crowd where light small talk is everything), and this script kind of proves it.  It’s awkward and rote, but at least she can give a polite greeting to anyone she meets.

I think the vulgar jokes are in part a kind of litmus test.  Someone who gets truly offended is written off as not worth her time.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'd give my left lung to go.  LOL.  

I heard every show is sold out.  Everyone knows she can’t sing, but they go because they absolutely love her.  Now they will have Sonja and that will probably be a hoot.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I heard every show is sold out.  Everyone knows she can’t sing, but they go because they absolutely love her.  Now they will have Sonja and that will probably be a hoot.

I just went to her website and she's taken the show on the road.  Playing some decent size venues too.  BUT the best is her merchandising.....there's an "eggs ala franchaise" coffee mug I wouldn't mind or the "money can't buy you class" beach towel.  I love that Lu's in on the joke!  good for her.

• Love 19

Red Scarf Man (Brian) looks like a young David Brenner. Wish I could post a photo for y’all. 

My tulip theory: Adam knows she’s filming and doesn’t want her spewing negative crap about him so he sends the flowers to appease her into playing nice while filming. Judging by her smile it’s working. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Wicked said:

Am I mistaken, I thought Tinsley was rich enough on her own to afford $30,000 a month for rent. 

What’s the story of Tins anyhow?  Is she with Scott, or not, and why is he paying for her apartment.  I think both of them are nuts.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Why do we think Scott is paying for it though, I don't think he is.  Unless I've missed something where they specifically said he was paying the rent.

Yeah I think Tins comes from a wealthy family anyway so I think her family/connections are paying for it.

7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What’s the story of Tins anyhow?  Is she with Scott, or not, and why is he paying for her apartment.  I think both of them are nuts.

I have no idea if her and Scott are together.  She says they aren't on WWHL but I follow her on Insta and she and Scott are va-cay in Europe.  So IDK *shrug*.  I am rooting for them though.

30 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Loved that Bethenny did not freak out over Sonja in a dress, going commando and rolling around on her couch - maybe she really is softening towards Sonja or - more likely - she was already planning on replacing the couch the next day...

THIS! is just one of the many reasons I think Sonja is just a tacky, tasteless, TART!  The way she shameless/desperately flirts with every swinging d!ck that walks into her apt., the way she treats animals (and her staff from what I've heard,) to just EVERYTHING blarf! 

My main problem with this episode not enuff Dorinda.  I do like her apology to Sonja, it seemed sincere. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Bethenny’s “Hi, how are you?” always delivered in the exact same, slightly startled tone is interesting.  She’s admitted that she can be socially inept (especially in a crowd where light small talk is everything), and this script kind of proves it.  It’s awkward and rote, but at least she can give a polite greeting to anyone she meets.

I think the vulgar jokes are in part a kind of litmus test.  Someone who gets truly offended is written off as not worth her time.  

Could you remind me of when Beth has admitted that she can be socially inept? Thank you!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Why do we think Scott is paying for it though, I don't think he is.  Unless I've missed something where they specifically said he was paying the rent.

Poeticlicensed mentioned something up thread pertaining to the apt. and Scott.  Maybe I’m wrong .. I don’t know.

I can’t remember the episode, and “socially inept” was my own phrasing, but I remember her talking about not being into/comfortable with the big social scene, or something like that. Maybe “inept” is a bit harsh, “disinterested” might fit better.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Wicked said:

No idea who is paying but she said the reason she was moving to the larger space was so they could live together and that he would be in NY more often so I imagine he is at contributing.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Yeah I think Tins comes from a wealthy family anyway so I think her family/connections are paying for it.

I have no idea if her and Scott are together.  She says they aren't on WWHL but I follow her on Insta and she and Scott are va-cay in Europe.  So IDK *shrug*.  I am rooting for them though.

THIS! is just one of the many reasons I think Sonja is just a tacky, tasteless, TART!  The way she shameless/desperately flirts with every swinging d!ck that walks into her apt., the way she treats animals (and her staff from what I've heard,) to just EVERYTHING blarf! 

My main problem with this episode not enuff Dorinda.  I do like her apology to Sonja, it seemed sincere. 

Dorinda seems to have quieted down since being told she was an alcoholic and accused of doing drugs with John.  Her combatative screaming and yelling very often didn’t help.

• Love 4
Spoiler

Sobbing, weeping Beth next week. She is upset that Dorinda is talking to the press. But still she cannot sympathize with Dorinda about how much it infuriates Dorinda that Sonja feeds Page 6. 

“Are we going shopping?” Hee!

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Could you remind me of when Beth has admitted that she can be socially inept? Thank you!

At her hoe-down birthday party- she was trying to avoid John- she said something like “I just can’t fake it, and that makes me socially inept, admittedly, in some situations.” I’m kind of paraphrasing but quoting as closely as possible from memory. 

She has also said the same thing about not being able to put on the “polite smile” in situations that she doesn’t feel like smiling... and has characterized herself as socially inept as a result. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Sonja is just a gross person IMO.  That mouth ball comment and the spanking comment, ewww.  IDK, its a cross between desperate and just....IDK just GROSS!

Ha! Kadooz to you. You are my nominee to win the internet today. Mouth ball indeed!

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Now she just needs to figure out how to keep it hidden.

Seriously.

What i don't understand about Sonja and underwear is that she doesn't want the lines to show through, but she thinks that gives her permission to flash anyone who looks her way? I think she's disgusting.

2 hours ago, Wicked said:

Am I mistaken, I thought Tinsley was rich enough on her own to afford $30,000 a month for rent. 

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Tinsley can afford the new apartment on her own, but she needs a bigger one for her and Scott to live in and that's a big step for their relationship. ❤ 

I love seeing Carole and Luann getting along so well.  As far as I can remember Luann has always wanted to get along with everyone. Except Alex and Simon in Season 2.

Edited by HadleyFields
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Because I don't think he'd be the kind of guy to release her from his sex dungeon.

Absolutely (roach motel -- you check in but you never check out). 

And what was that stain on his shirt - salad dressing? Effluvia? Embalming fluid? (Because clearly that freak plays "shag, marry - kill kill kill.") 

2 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Resistance is learned, my friend

che laugh resized.gif

• Love 19

Just wondering.  What do these women do all day?  Get up, go to the gym or yoga, shopping, Lunches, hairdressers, nail salon, dinner, get dressed and go to functions, niteclubs, or wherever.  Bethenny has her business,  Luann has rehearsals;  the rest I don’t know.  I’d be dead by lunchtime, lol.  They most don’t clean or cook or take care of kids, except Bethenny, who has Brynn half the time.  Life in the city.  So different.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, rhys said:

Ha! Kadooz to you. You are my nominee to win the internet today. Mouth ball indeed!

LoL!  Oops mothball not mouth ball.  =D  But then again.....

55 minutes ago, HadleyFields said:

What i don't understand about Sonja and underwear is that she doesn't want the lines to show through, but she thinks that gives her permission to flash anyone who looks her way? I think she's disgusting.

This is Sonja we are talking about....she is so desperate to show off her naked azz and then says Dorinda is desperate for attention.

52 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Having seen the show—it’s definitely not that it’s a great song ;) It’s kind of like they built a cabaret show around the Countess... which means, a good draw for a 150-seat room. They play up her strengths and then have a bunch of actual singers sing and REALLY good backup musicians accompanying them. So it’s really a “show” with more emphasis on the “and friends” than you might initially expect.

That's very similar to the reactions I've heard from other people.  I've never seen the show but others have said Lu does so many costume changes she isn't on stage a lot and it's the "friends" that really carry the show.  Lu's star power sells the tickets but it's everyone else that keeps them in the seats.  I don't know what the ticket prices are for other venues but I read a reviewer say her show in L.A. was $100 (?!?!)

Edited by Dirtybubble
Clarification
  • Love 7