Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Dating Wishes and Cabaret Dreams

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yes. Most of what we post is speculation which is why I try to qualify statements.   Sometimes I forget too.    I mentioned it because we have no way of knowing what Bethenny knew or did not know about what the matchmaker said, did or intended. 

So let’s speculate on why Carole is soooooo desperate this season.  All this with Adam sending tulips, the marathon just to be with him, the self deluding talk about how he wants her back, her absolutely vicious asides (and looking at the previews out right attacks) on anyone talking to RedScarf.  RedScarf, who she had never met before that night.  Is it some kind of mid life crisis?  When did she go so far off the rails?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yes. Most of what we post is speculation which is why I try to qualify statements.   Sometimes I forget too.    I mentioned it because we have no way of knowing what Bethenny knew or did not know about what the matchmaker said, did or intended. 

Most of us use quotation marks or links when we are stating facts or we just say it is a fact based on "X Y Z" and few use "IMO" every time they post something about any HW (the mods don't feel that is necessary). 

2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

So let’s speculate on why Carole is soooooo desperate this season.  All this with Adam sending tulips, the marathon just to be with him, the self deluding talk about how he wants her back, her absolutely vicious asides (and looking at the previews out right attacks) on anyone talking to RedScarf.  RedScarf, who she had never met before that night.  Is it some kind of mid life crisis?  When did she go so far off the rails?

There has been a lot of discussion on that, from the start of the season, and I am sure it will continue to happen thru the reunion! LOL And was she talking about Redscarf for sure or are we assuming it is about him, because she doesn't mention a name in the preview. LOL

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Most of us use quotation marks or links when we are stating facts or we just say it is a fact based on "X Y Z" and few use "IMO" every time they post something about any HW (the mods don't feel that is necessary). 

If you look at the rules Aethera posted in a slew of threads at the bottom of the main page, #4 says to avoid posting opinion or speculation as fact by using "in my opinion,"  "I think" etc. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

If you look at the rules Aethera posted in a slew of threads at the bottom of the main page, #4 says to avoid posting opinion or speculation as fact by using "in my opinion,"  "I think" etc. 

I did that all the time and had a mod ask me to stop doing it because it wasn't necessary! LOL We aren't supposed to call each other out personally in a post either. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I did that all the time and had a mod ask me to stop doing it because it wasn't necessary! LOL We aren't supposed to call each other out personally in a post either. 

Interesting, confusing and clear as mud LOL

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I know right! LOL That's why I don't keep posting "IMO", I am afraid to get scolded by a mod. LOL

Although I intend to do it, I don't always remember so my chances are 50/50.   ?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

My first impulse was to be a smart ass and say menopause but that ship has probably already sailed for Carole.  I do believe that Carole fell hard for Adam and is hurting since their breakup.   I can't explain the tulips.   He may have sent them in an effort to placate her.   Not burning bridges is usually a smart move. 

As far as her deluding herself about him wanting her back, I think she's trying to save face.   Didn't she say that Adam met someone, dated her and wants to see her again?  I wonder if Carole checked her out. If she did and she's young and pretty that could explain the new hair style and attention to clothes and makeup.   If that makes her feel better, it's a good thing. I just wish she had a better colorist.  Her hair color makes her look old.  I'm not crazy about the style either but the color washes her out.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, AnnA said:

My first impulse was to be a smart ass and say menopause but that ship has probably already sailed for Carole.  I do believe that Carole fell hard for Adam and is hurting since their breakup.   I can't explain the tulips.   He may have sent them in an effort to placate her.   Not burning bridges is usually a smart move. 

As far as her deluding herself about him wanting her back, I think she's trying to save face.   Didn't she say that Adam met someone, dated her and wants to see her again?  I wonder if Carole checked her out. If she did and she's young and pretty that could explain the new hair style and attention to clothes and makeup.   If that makes her feel better, it's a good thing. I just wish she had a better colorist.  Her hair color makes her look old.  I'm not crazy about the style either but the color washes her out.

I'm sure Carole saw the girls picture on Adams SM, he posted them when he met/first started dating her. I do agree that Carole fell hard for Adam but I also think she is ok with a more casual relationship, one more like she had with Russell.  As for the tulips, I think it is Adam that is reluctant to make a complete break from Carole, not the other way around. Carole strikes me as a woman that can value/enjoy a friendship with an ex without any problems as long as the guy is honest with her. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Maybe Carole is lonely and sad... about the breakup with Adam and the self-realization that it can’t work becauses of stages of life differences. Maybe she’s genuinely sad about the issues with Bethenny. Maybe she feels like her place is a little lost this season on the show. Maybe she’s just a little lost in general.. I feel bad for her, but agree that her energy on the show is coming across darker, not as playful as in the past. 

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Maybe Carole is lonely and sad... about the breakup with Adam and the self-realization that it can’t work becauses of stages of life differences. Maybe she’s genuinely sad about the issues with Bethenny. Maybe she feels like her place is a little lost this season on the show. Maybe she’s just a little lost in general.. I feel bad for her, but agree that her energy on the show is coming across darker, not as playful as in the past. 

I don't remember Carole being playful.....ever.     I stopped watching RHONY when Bethenny left.   Was Carole on the show then?    If so, maybe she was playful back then and I missed seeing it.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I don't remember Carole being playful.....ever.     I stopped watching RHONY when Bethenny left.   Was Carole on the show then?    If so, maybe she was playful back then and I missed seeing it.

I think so... in her private interviews, her blogs, and with people that she feels comfortable talking to. Just my opinion. I know lots of people took it the exact opposite way, but this is how I interpreted her. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I think so... in her private interviews, her blogs, and with people that she feels comfortable talking to. Just my opinion. I know lots of people took it the exact opposite way, but this is how I interpreted her. 

OK 

I don't know anything about their private interviews or follow them on social media and almost never read their blogs so I'm only able to consider what I see on the show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I agree and I also believe Carole got dark after Heather quit the show. 

54 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Carole joined the cast after Bethenny left but was already on the show for several season before Bethenny returned.

24 minutes ago, AnnA said:

OK 

I don't know anything about their private interviews or follow them on social media and almost never read their blogs so I'm only able to consider what I see on the show.

I think Taralightner means Carole's talking head segments, not interviews outside of the show and her show blog over on Bravo's home page.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Carole joined the cast after Bethenny left but was already on the show for several season before Bethenny returned.

I think Taralightner means Carole's talking head segments, not interviews outside of the show and her show blog over on Bravo's home page.

I didn't watch RHONY any of the years Bethenny wasn't on the show.

Does anyone really think Carole's talking heads are playful?    I think she's nasty.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Does anyone really think Carole's talking heads are playful?    I think she's nasty.

They use to be, as were her blogs IMO. She had this funny way of telling a story without being mean back when she first started, we saw shades of mean Carole when Aviva pulled the ghost writer lie on her but nothing near as nasty as she became after she/Bethenny teamed up. Seriously, Carole's ugly side came out after she became Bethenny's bestie and she began parroting Bethenny's nasty side. IMO, it is great watching them go at each other this season, they both deserve what they are getting from the other. LOL

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They use to be, as were her blogs IMO. She had this funny way of telling a story without being mean back when she first started, we saw shades of mean Carole when Aviva pulled the ghost writer lie on her but nothing near as nasty as she became after she/Bethenny teamed up. Seriously, Carole's ugly side came out after she became Bethenny's bestie and she began parroting Bethenny's nasty side. IMO, it is great watching them go at each other this season, they both deserve what they are getting from the other. LOL

I never saw the show with Aviva but I know she claimed Carole had a ghost writer for her book.    Based on the difficulty Carole has had writing and how little she has produced since her book, I'm inclined  to believe it.  Do you really think the ghost writer scenario was a lie?   

• Love 1
Just now, AnnA said:

I never saw the show with Aviva but I know she claimed Carole had a ghost writer for her book.    Based on the difficulty Carole has had writing and how little she has produced since her book, I'm inclined  to believe it.  Do you really think the ghost writer scenario was a lie?   

If you read her book , WR, you can clearly hear Carole's voice as you read it, that doesn't happen with a ghost writer, even a really good GW. LOL Yes, I do believe it was a lie about her WRs book and the only reason Aviva said that was because Carole asked her if she was using the GW Aviva asked her to vet for her. In other words, Aviva wanted/needed a GW for her book and got angry when Carole outed that. Oh, and Aviva never told Carole to keep that a secret or that she didn't want that revealed on camera. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, AnnA said:

OK 

Her interviews on the show... the ones they tape separately, but that are shown in between scenes. 

8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes- talking head segments. Thanks. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, AnnA said:

I think that Aviva is a huge liar and said that as a defense to Carole asking if she got a ghost writer (that Aviva had asked her to help find).  Aviva KNEW the rumor would hurt her professionally and tirelessly kept saying it- in many scenes, to multiple cast mates- over and over. No, I don’t believe that Carole used a ghostwriter.

Further, Carole talked to her editor about the lies (on camera) and her editor’s reaction completely shows how ridiculous Aviva’s claim is.

Also, we see her, on the show, working with her editor on her second book. She is very particular about specific words and phrases that the editor’s team keep changing. Carole gets very upset about it and insists that they stop re-changing changes that she has already rejected. If her stuff was ghostwritten, she wouldn’t have this kind of emotional attachment to the little things. 

Carole is a writer. She worked for the same major news outlet for 20 years. Yes, she was “behind the scenes,” but these are the people that do the heavy lifting. They wouldn’t have kept her for 20 years if she was a fraud; it’s too competitive of an industry. She’s written 2 books- that have sold well. She has an actual agent. She has written for magazines. Her writing career predates HW and is legit. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 11

Puppies Puppies Puppies Puppies Puppies

(sorry but someone mentioned Facebook a couple pages back and as a result I'm getting ads for it- now I wanna see puppies :-)

I do love Luann.  I remember Bethenny in an early season calling her a 'dumb drag queen' which was meant as an insult but Lu is fun and larger than life and I just enjoy watchng her even when she is obnoxious.  Also, I would love to know what foundation/highlighter she uses because her skin looks amazing when she is made up.

Sonja is a mess but I enjoy her too when she is in this light-hearted mode.  Her flashing her booty at Bethenny's made me chuckle in that context, I didn't see it as desperate- just cheeky.

The previews of next week look exhausting with Bethenny's freaking out again and sucking all the fun and good energy out of the group.  Is the season almost over already?  It usually ends after their trips.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

The previews of next week look exhausting with Bethenny's freaking out again and sucking all the fun and good energy out of the group.

This is one reason I find her exhausting.  It's always about her.  Woe is me.  I understand that she has issues and difficulties along the way, but who doesn't?  I don't mind it when the ladies are discussing their daily struggles, but damn, Bethenny seems to always be the victim of something or someone else.  Eeyore

• Love 8
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

IMHO, Carole's always been mean, especially in her talking heads. What stands out to me was her treatment of Luann from the jump and her slut shaming of Luann & Sonja on that trip with the Johnny Depp lookalike. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

This is one reason I find her exhausting.  It's always about her.  Woe is me.  I understand that she has issues and difficulties along the way, but who doesn't?  I don't mind it when the ladies are discussing their daily struggles, but damn, Bethenny seems to always be the victim of something or someone else.  Eeyore

It's too bad. She used to be funny. Lighter. Now she just seems bitter and mean spirited. 

I wonder if she has any friends. I notice that Luann, Sonja, Ramona and Carole's instagram photos include other people. Bethenny's are all just her posing. Alone, except for whoever is photographing her.

• Love 5
Just now, Happy Camper said:

It's too bad. She used to be funny. Lighter. Now she just seems bitter and mean spirited. 

I wonder if she has any friends. I notice that Luann, Sonja, Ramona and Carole's instagram photos include other people. Bethenny's are all just her posing. Alone, except for whoever is photographing her.

I've noticed that we don't hear anything about Teri, her friend/maid of honor from Florida.  She appeared and was spoken of rather often in the early seasons and of course, played a fairly large role in the Bethenny wedding spin-off.  Seems odd that she would decide not to participate, but I suppose that is possible.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

There are people in her insta stories.  Last weekend a number of couples and Brynn.  There is a group that she goes out with on a boat often. A inner tube pulling kinda fun boat, not the yacht.  Teri is often with her on mini vacations to Mexico etc. and you see her in the stories.  There is one guy that must also live full time in the Hamptons because he is the go to for mid week dinner or pool lounging.

This morning the story was interesting.  Bethenny had opened an upstairs window and just caught Biggie headed out onto the roof.  So look for screens to be installed in the front of the house.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don’t think her th’s are playful.  I see her snark, then those three laughs follow.  

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I think that Aviva is a huge liar and said that as a defense to Carole asking if she got a ghost writer (that Aviva had asked her to help find).  Aviva KNEW the rumor would hurt her professionally and tirelessly kept saying it- in many scenes, to multiple cast mates- over and over. No, I don’t believe that Carole used a ghostwriter.

Further, Carole talked to her editor about the lies (on camera) and her editor’s reaction completely shows how ridiculous Aviva’s claim is.

Also, we see her, on the show, working with her editor on her second book. She is very particular about specific words and phrases that the editor’s team keep changing. Carole gets very upset about it and insists that they stop re-changing changes that she has already rejected. If her stuff was ghostwritten, she wouldn’t have this kind of emotional attachment to the little things. 

Carole is a writer. She worked for the same major news outlet for 20 years. Yes, she was “behind the scenes,” but these are the people that do the heavy lifting. They wouldn’t have kept her for 20 years if she was a fraud; it’s too competitive of an industry. She’s written 2 books- that have sold well. She has an actual agent. She has written for magazines. Her writing career predates HW and is legit. 

My recollection of Carole's career is not nearly as rosey.   She didn't work at ABC for 20 years and her second book was a flop.    I remember Carole being upset when her editor told her she expected her to meet deadlines.   

Edited by AnnA
(edited)
48 minutes ago, AnnA said:

My recollection of Carole's career is not nearly as rosey.   She didn't work at ABC for 20 years and her second book was a flop.    I remember Carole being upset when her editor told her she expected her to meet deadlines.   

From Wikipedia: 

“Radziwill began her news career at ABC in New York, in 1985, as an intern in postproduction for 20/20, a news magazine show.[6] She was later assigned to Close Up as a production secretary. She eventually worked for Peter Jennings' documentary unit, producing shows on abortion and gun control, and covering foreign policy stories in Cambodia, Haiti, and India.[7]

In 1991, Radziwill was stationed in Iraq and reported on the SCUD missile attacks during the Gulf War. In 2003, during the War on Afghanistan, she spent six weeks in Khandahar, embedded with an infantry unit of the 101st Airborne Division. She produced segments for an ABC-TV show called Profiles From the Frontline. She has won several awards, including three Emmys, one for a story she produced on land mines in Cambodia, and a Peabody.[7]”

So, this is 17 years. I’m looking to see when exactly Andrew died, but here’s at least 17 of 20 years. Yes, she did work at ABC News for a very long time in significant roles. 

I don't expect everyone to like the same people I do. Nor do I mind personal differences. And, @AnnA, I think you are a lovely person. I do, however care about facts if we have them. Her pre HW career isn’t made up for TV, nor did she become a “writer” post housewives. 

Her first book was a NY Times bestseller. The fact that her second book didn’t do as well is inconsequential to me, the fact is, she wrote it. 

Edited by Taralightner
To add last part
  • Love 10
(edited)

@taralightner

I read the bios too.    Some say she started as an unpaid intern in 1985 others say 1986.    She married Anthony in 1994 when he was diagnosed with a cancer.    She worked on and off during his illness and finally quit when he died in 1999 so her full time gig at ABC was from 1986 To 1995 - 9 years.   I've seen bios that say 10 years.   She tried going back in 2003 (some bios say 2001) taking a six week assignment in Afghanistan.  That was her last. 

Yes the bios are based on fact but written with a positive spin by people wearing rose colored glasses. 

ETA:   I'm big on facts too!

Edited by AnnA
16 minutes ago, AnnA said:

@taralightner

I read the bios too.    Some say she started as an unpaid intern in 1985 others say 1986.    She married Anthony in 1994 when he was diagnosed with a cancer.    She worked on and off during his illness and finally quit when he died in 1999 so her full time gig at ABC was from 1986 To 1995 - 9 years.   I've seen bios that say 10 years.   She tried going back in 2003 (some bios say 2001) taking a six week assignment in Afghanistan.  That was her last. 

Yes the bios are based on fact but written with a positive spin by people wearing rose colored glasses. 

Using your stuff..  she worked there continuously from 85-99. (She worked there until he died, in 99 fulltime). That’s 14 years. She went back in 2000, and was imbedded in Afghanistan in 2001 and then again she was imbedded in 2003.  So, 200-2003 is another 3 years. 17 years. 

If it’s 15, 17, 20 is not really the point, is it? She had a significant career with them for a LONG time. These jobs aren’t easy to get, or keep. She wasn’t there because anyone felt sorry for her. 

Again, I don’t mind if you have issues with her personality on or off the show, but why try to minimize her accomplishments? You don’t have to even talk about them, but, why minimize them? I’m trying to understand. I’m really not trying to even prove a point; nor am I trying to get anyone to change their opinion. 

• Love 7

Usually the info in those bios is supplied by the person him/herself (in this case Carole) and cleaned up by some in-house editorial assistant.  The idea that fact-checking is done before they're posted on the site is baseless in my experience (a lifetime working in publishing).

Also, posted above that a good ghostwriter wouldn't accurately capture the voice of the supposed "author":  the very definition of a good ghostwriter is someone who's able to channel the voice of the person being written about.  I've edited countless manuscripts ghostwritten for celebrities (sometimes loosely defined, as in Carole's case, or someone who was the friend/butler/spouse/whatever of a celebrity), and that quality is what's always aimed for.  My husband, a writer, ghosted three books in addition to the ones he wrote under his own name.  Two of those books are still in print and one made it onto the Times bestsellers list, so we know a little bit about ghostwriting in this house.  ;o)  I have no idea if Carole had a ghostwriter do WR, but the odds are much better that she did than that she didn't.  If the ghost captured her voice, that's because the ghost was good.  And/or someone who knew her very well.  It's not a sin or an embarrassment to have your book ghostwritten. It's a practical decision most people make, recognizing their own strengths and limitations.

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Using your stuff..  she worked there continuously from 85-99. (She worked there until he died, in 99 fulltime). That’s 14 years. She went back in 2000, and was imbedded in Afghanistan in 2001 and then again she was imbedded in 2003.  So, 200-2003 is another 3 years. 17 years. 

If it’s 15, 17, 20 is not really the point, is it? She had a significant career with them for a LONG time. These jobs aren’t easy to get, or keep. She wasn’t there because anyone felt sorry for her. 

Again, I don’t mind if you have issues with her personality on or off the show, but why try to minimize her accomplishments? You don’t have to even talk about them, but, why minimize them? I’m trying to understand. I’m really not trying to even prove a point; nor am I trying to get anyone to change their opinion. 

I didn't say she was there because anyone felt sorry for her.   I also don't want to make more of her career than it actually was.   She worked at ABC and married her boss.   She had one six week assignment in Afghanistan in 2003 or 2001 (not both).   That doesn't equate to an additional three years.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I didn't say she was there because anyone felt sorry for her.   I also don't want to make more of her career than it actually was.   She worked at ABC and married her boss.   She had one six week assignment in Afghanistan in 2003 or 2001 (not both).   That doesn't equate to an additional six years.

She was in Khandahar in 2003 and later, she went to Cambodia (that’s where she won an Emmy, or was part of a team that won an Emmy and a Peabody). 

But, let’s just agree to disagree. It’s all good. Let’s get back to the fun stuff- ultimately, this is a forum to be snarky about housewives, so I’m actually out of line here. Lol. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I didn't say she was there because anyone felt sorry for her.   I also don't want to make more of her career than it actually was.   She worked at ABC and married her boss.   She had one six week assignment in Afghanistan in 2003 or 2001 (not both).   That doesn't equate to an additional three years.

Anthony was not her boss.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

She was in Khandahar in 2003 and later, she went to Cambodia (that’s where she won an Emmy, or was part of a team that won an Emmy and a Peabody). 

But, let’s just agree to disagree. It’s all good. Let’s get back to the fun stuff- ultimately, this is a forum to be snarky about housewives, so I’m actually out of line here. Lol. 

For the record, there was no "later" after Khandahar.   

I'm ok for fun stuff. 

4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Anthony was not her boss

He was the producer and she was the assistant something. So that put him in a position of authority over her.

5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Anthony was not her boss.

Alrighty then......    Let's flush another one of Carole's "bios."    I read one that said Anthony was the head of the production team Carole was on.   I guess that was just another alternative fact LOL

3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

He was the producer and she was the assistant something. So that put him in a position of authority over her.

Yes -   That's what I read 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

No, he was not her boss. They met while both were covering the Menendez trial for ABC but as part of different ABC show teams that covered the trial. Think of 1 being for the nightly news and the other 20/20 (not the shows they were with at the time, just an example).

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, he was not her boss. They met while both were covering the Menendez trail for ABC but as part of different ABC show teams.

I really don't care one way or the other but it sure proves those bios are BS

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

I really don't care one way or the other but it sure proves those bios are BS

Making that kind of accusation belittles her legit career in broadcast TV, it makes it look like the only reason she had a career is because she slept with, then married her boss, and that is false. It would be like me saying that the only reason JB bought SG is because Bethenny slept with the CEO of JB, that would be a lie, make her accomplishment next to nothing and even though I don't care for Bethenny, I'm not going to take away her hard work for/with SG.

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Making that kind of accusation belittles her legit career in broadcast TV, it makes it look like the only reason she had a career is because she slept with, then married her boss, and that is false. It would be like me saying that the only reason JB bought SG is because Bethenny slept with the CEO of JB, that would be a lie, make her accomplishment next to nothing and even though I don't care for Bethenny, I'm not going to take away her hard work for/with SG.

I really hope you're not accusing me of doing that.    

I merely repeated something written in one of her bios and I wasn't the only one who saw it. 

Edited by AnnA
(edited)
On 7/14/2018 at 11:01 PM, WireWrap said:

If you read her book , WR, you can clearly hear Carole's voice as you read it, that doesn't happen with a ghost writer, even a really good GW. 

I agree -- and that same voice turns up every nowand then in her blogs, most recently,  here:

"So you hope and pray for one more day—please one more day that is all I want. Then I’ll be ready. One more day—but, of course, that is the big lie. You will never be ready when your partner dies in the middle of his young life. You wait as the life and love slowly and painfully ebbs out of him until he is barely recognizable to you any longer. You wait until the man you thought you’d spend the rest of your life with struggles to take his very last breath. Then you wait and sit in the deafening silence that is death still praying, now begging, for one more day."

I am happy to talk shit about Radziwill six ways from Sunday (from her cruelty to Jules to her unfortunate decision to sit on handlebars, kicking her legs like a baby in a bassinet) but I have no doubt she wrote "What Remains".  She's shown that voice elsewhere. (She loses that voice, imo, whenever she tries to be the Dorothy Parker of housewives, or a chicklit queen. But when she brushes up against things close to her experience -- loss, yearning, dreams destroyed, deep grief -- her voice comes through. JMO, mileage varies, all caveats acknowledged, etc etc ! ;)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
32 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I really hope you're not accusing me of doing that.    

I merely repeated something written in one of her bios and I wasn't the only one who saw it. 

No, I'm not accusing you or anyone else. It is a general statement of what happens and why I then used myself/Bethenny as an example. 

• Love 4

My unsolicited $.02, is that this site, built for snark, welcomes our opinions about a given TV personality whether or not they have lived or do live an accomplished life.

It's great that we don't have to denegrate or buttress any of their accomplishments or missteps, as an entrance fee to participate here.

<slowly closes the door, while backing out of the room>

duck.jpg

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My unsolicited $.02, is that this site, built for snark, welcomes our opinions about a given TV personality whether or not they have lived or do live an accomplished life.

It's great that we don't have to denegrate or buttress any of their accomplishments or missteps, as an entrance fee to participate here.

<slowly closes the door, while backing out of the room>

duck.jpg

Don’t you point your duck at me! Lololol! I thank you for this!  Now readjusting back into superficial fun and junk food! Thanks! 

• Love 6