Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Dating Wishes and Cabaret Dreams

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I found the speed dating less depressing than Sonja and Tins dating guys who have barely just graduated from high school. 

People magazine is now carrying the story (and US magazine)  complete with pics that Lu has posted from the 4th of July. One is of her hanging off the count, who looks none too impressed. I find the story in People to be quite believable. 

Well then, come on over to the Lu thread.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

That's very similar to the reactions I've heard from other people.  I've never seen the show but others have said Lu does so many costume changes she isn't on stage a lot and it's the "friends" that really carry the show.  Lu's star power sells the tickets but it's everyone else that keeps them in the seats.  I don't know what the ticket prices are for other venues but I read a reviewer say her show in L.A. was $100 (?!?!)

Yep, I’d concur with most of that as well (though there were plenty of bathroom trips made during the non-Luann singers, LOL). I didn’t pay quite that much but there was a per-person minimum, so it edged close to that. Technically I was in the “cheap seats” (har har), but with a room that small, there weren’t really any BAD seats. 

I’d encourage anyone to go if you’re able and interested. My friend and I went because we thought it would be fun and funny—which it was. But the musicians really made the night for me. And Luann is actually a pretty good entertainer. (NOT singer, entertainer. Note the difference ;)

I do kind of fear that this will take off among the Housewives. I don’t need a #melissaandfriends or a #neneandfriends or a #vickiandfriendskillallcancertour. (Erika Jayne might be interesting/eyerollworthy...)

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Yep, I’d concur with most of that as well (though there were plenty of bathroom trips made during the non-Luann singers, LOL). I didn’t pay quite that much but there was a per-person minimum, so it edged close to that. Technically I was in the “cheap seats” (har har), but with a room that small, there weren’t really any BAD seats. 

I’d encourage anyone to go if you’re able and interested. My friend and I went because we thought it would be fun and funny—which it was. But the musicians really made the night for me. And Luann is actually a pretty good entertainer. (NOT singer, entertainer. Note the difference ;)

I do kind of fear that this will take off among the Housewives. I don’t need a #melissaandfriends or a #neneandfriends or a #vickiandfriendskillallcancertour. (Erika Jayne might be interesting/eyerollworthy...)

Well, Nene has her "comedy" tour. The one where she got in trouble for wishing rape on someone who heckled her! 

• Love 5
Just now, WireWrap said:

Well, Nene has her "comedy" tour. The one where she got in trouble for wishing rape on someone who heckled her! 

Oh, dear...

Well, I’ll tell you that Nene wouldn’t have enjoyed sitting in on the Countess show. The “emcee” was a drag queen named Pollo Del Mar, who made Don Rickles look considerate. ;)

• Love 8

I always wondered if Lu's desperation to marry Tom had something to do with money.   Gosh, the old count only gave her half the house, essentially.  He probably doesn't have too much cash anymore himself.  Getting involved with the new guy so fast is not cool, and certainly not recommended by AA.  I'm a bit worried about our Lu.  

Billy Stritch is a very famous cabaret producer.  I was really shocked that Lu was able to get him, and that he'd be interested in her.  So I'm not surprised that her show is good, of its type.  

• Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I didn't see the third container so rewatched- all three containers are together on the shelf, with one behind the other two. Definitely did not look like 60 tulips to me - lol. (Also wondering how you knew she had them in three matching containers without seeing three on the shelf, or did I miss something else?). 

Carole said in an episode filmed in early January (I think the first one back after their xmas break) that she had not heard from Adam in two months, since the day of the marathon. 

I know little about flowers/plants myself which is why I think someone gave me this tip. I worked like a charm, and apparently works for other cut flowers as well.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but I knew she had them in three matching containers because they showed Carole and Tinsley walking over to the shelf that had the three matching containers--all different heights, but definitely they all had the same print and color scheme. When I suggested that maybe there were two other containers not on the shelf what I saying is that maybe she had the rest of the flowers in a different location in the room, in two other containers.

But now going back to that scene, I'm rethinking that all of the flowers (five dozen as Carole said) are likely dispersed among those three containers they showed. I may not have realized you need to add a penny to the water, but what I do know about tulips is that it takes a lot of them together to even begin to look like something worth displaying. 

tulips rhony.jpg

Also, going back afforded me the opportunity to hear what Carole told Tinsley about Adam, and I'm not understanding where the supposed discrepancy is. It's sounding like the tulips scene (along with the speed dating scene) was filmed in February, and given the state of the tulips in the containers, she would have been gifted the flowers in February...

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

I’ve never liked Lu until the last few seasons (well despite the Tom

parts) and I think part of it was because I never liked her kids...

this makes me like them less

I never liked her daughter, she seemed like a real creep.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I love how they all name TMZ as their source, reprint the story without ever confirming it with Luann, the Count, either of the kids or seeing the legal filing themselves! And the press then wonders why they aren't trusted/believed! LOL Oh, and Luann has been doing the show in different cities across the country. LOL

I didn't post that with any glee so why the LOL.  I like Lu.   She hasn't come to Boston yet which I wish she would.  I hope she beats the suit.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kicksave said:

what happened to all the good looking guys in New York? 

Alive and well and dating.

Without the help of a Shadchan.

11 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I didn't laugh, mostly because it was typical Beth.  She can't just try to mimic Ramona, but she squishes her boobs together to make the joke more vulgar than it needs to be.    And she's so amused by her own jokes that it annoys me.  Again, I miss old Beth who was naturally funny and not too try hard.

Yes, I am so tired of her default to vulgar. It’s not clever. ANYone can do it. It’s common, unoriginal and done-to-death. The only reason it isn’t used constantly is because most people are more refined and choose not to. Not because it never occurred to them to use it. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, I am so tired of her default to vulgar. It’s not clever. ANYone can do it. It’s common, unoriginal and done-to-death. The only reason it isn’t used constantly is because most people are more refined and choose not to. Not because it never occurred to them to use it. 

You can be vulgar. You're also allowed to laugh about anything and with any one... BUT there's a way to do it and you have to laugh, at te end WITH the people you're laughing at, not at their expense, if that makes sense in English !

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but I knew she had them in three matching containers because they showed Carole and Tinsley walking over to the shelf that had the three matching containers--all different heights, but definitely they all had the same print and color scheme. When I suggested that maybe there were two other containers not on the shelf what I saying is that maybe she had the rest of the flowers in a different location in the room, in two other containers.

But now going back to that scene, I'm rethinking that all of the flowers (five dozen as Carole said) are likely dispersed among those three containers they showed. I may not have realized you need to add a penny to the water, but what I do know about tulips is that it takes a lot of them together to even begin to look like something worth displaying. 

tulips rhony.jpg

Also, going back afforded me the opportunity to hear what Carole told Tinsley about Adam, and I'm not understanding where the supposed discrepancy is. It's sounding like the tulips scene (along with the speed dating scene) was filmed in February, and given the state of the tulips in the containers, she would have been gifted the flowers in February...

Ah, now I understand what you meant about the containers. Someone else posted that  tulips are sold in bunches of 10, so there may be 50 there, or maybe elsewhere. In any case the poor things look like they are fighting for space and the 'arrangement' does nothing for them. I don't grow flowers (the home we bought 13 years ago came already gorgeously landscaped with perennials, so all I do is water and enjoy) but I do buy flowers a lot, and my hubby buys often for me as well. I buy tulips pretty much every spring (but will say have never bothered to count how many are in a bunch) and the most I ever buy is two bunches at once which I find makes a gorgeous arrangement. Tulips are so beautiful that for me, I don't want them to be crowded in a vase but rather each have room to show how gorgeous they are. That said, you can buy  tulips where I live for anywhere from $4-$6 a bunch, so even buying 5 bunches would be about $30 at most - pretty cheap as flowers go. 

I never said there was a discrepancy with what Carole said,  in fact her timeline lines up. (You said the clips may have been out of order). She said in early January (as I posted in my last post) that she had not seen or spoken to Adam since the day of the marathon which was in early November. I remember her also saying that she was surprised as she thought they would spend more time together after the marathon - I remember that because I was surprised that she was admitting that she had not heard from him for 2 months. I agree that this episode was in February, so a month after the one where she said she had not heard from him. My original post wondered what (or who) Adam had been doing in the two months that he did not contact Carole, and did this person run out of coffee or change brands? (Which was supposed to be a joke alluding to Adam coming to see Carole for "coffee", but maybe not to all). Seems obvious that he was seeing someone (or someones) as Carole had said previously that she told him when they were having their coffee meetings that it would hurt her if he was seeing someone else (even though they supposedly were not together). 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Yeah I think Tins comes from a wealthy family anyway so I think her family/connections are paying for it.

I have no idea if her and Scott are together.  She says they aren't on WWHL but I follow her on Insta and she and Scott are va-cay in Europe.  So IDK *shrug*.  I am rooting for them though.

THIS! is just one of the many reasons I think Sonja is just a tacky, tasteless, TART!  The way she shameless/desperately flirts with every swinging d!ck that walks into her apt., the way she treats animals (and her staff from what I've heard,) to just EVERYTHING blarf! 

My main problem with this episode not enuff Dorinda.  I do like her apology to Sonja, it seemed sincere. 

Dorinda seems to have quieted down since being told she was an alcoholic and accused of doing drugs with John.  Her combatative screaming and yelling very often didn’t help.

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG .. just finished Carole’s book “What Remains”.   Now I can see her flippant, don’t give a shit attitude, I’m gonna do what I want.  To marry someone who has cancer, and to go through years of tests, hospitals and surgeries is horrendous at that age, or any age.  I went through it with my Mother and was a wreck.  After her seeing all that, I can understand her living the life that she wants.  To boot, she lost her best friend and  Anthony’s cousin within days of her husband.  Something a person never forgets.  To add to this, I’ve never heard her talk or complain about it.  (Dorinda and Romoaner).

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Mozelle said:

tulips rhony.jpg

I agree with everything you wrote...I counted 36 tulips in the pic, and it's not unreasonable to assume that there are 14 that we can't see (and yes, I do realize that I have taken time away from doing useful things to count tulip in a photograph).

And I don't find anything suspicious about the ending of Carol and Adam's relationship - having feelings for someone and knowing that it won't last are not mutually exclusive.  Breakups are painful, and when real feelings are involved, it can take a few tries to really end things...especially when both people sincerely enjoy one another's company...in the words of Jerry Seinfeld:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzBrI71FC44

• Love 9

I thought Dorinda's cobra tongue impersonation was better than Beth''s!  I also get the impression Beth liked Brian more than she let on.  But he's probably a player and she knows it.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I thought Dorinda's cobra tongue impersonation was better than Beth''s!  I also get the impression Beth liked Brian more than she let on.  But he's probably a player and she knows it.

That might be why she came out with the BJ reference so quickly. She knows him after having had a date with him before. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG .. just finished Carole’s book “What Remains”.   Now I can see her flippant, don’t give a shit attitude, I’m gonna do what I want.  To marry someone who has cancer, and to go through years of tests, hospitals and surgeries is horrendous at that age, or any age.  I went through it with my Mother and was a wreck.  After her seeing all that, I can understand her living the life that she wants.  To boot, she lost her best friend and  Anthony’s cousin within days of her husband.  Something a person never forgets.  To add to this, I’ve never heard her talk or complain about it.  (Dorinda and Romoaner).

I lost my husband in Dec. 2016 from a 4 year battle with colon cancer.  I can definitely understand Carole's attitudes and even her push/pull thing with Adam.  I'm currently dating someone and really do love him.  But that love scares me since I lost my husband so it's very difficult to just fully give in and I do a lot of pushing away.  I don't know if Carole is really pushing Adam away or if to save face she acts like she does.  But from previous seasons, she certainly seemed to have a distaste for serious relationships.  I wonder if she chose someone much younger because she would know from day 1 of the relationship it wouldn't be long-term given their age differences.  And that way she went into it knowing it wasn't going to last and it helped keeping her from becoming too attached (although I think she did become too attached and really loves him).

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That might be why she came out with the BJ reference so quickly. She knows him after having had a date with him before. 

If the guy was to suggest a BJ to her on camera would that qualify as a #MeToo moment? Bethenny is very emasculating...no wonder she doesn't have a man in her life.

• Love 14

Just read a story about LuAnn and I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on here yet...her children are suing her for millions due to breach of her divorce agreements in regards to property sales. Apparently she bought the Hamptons house and is now planning to put the house on the market with out sharing the profits of it with the kids which is in the divorce agreements. She is supposed to put a portion of the sales of any home she sells into a trust for the kids and did not do that with her other home that she sold in the Hamptons. Apparently the Count is suing her also in regards to this. I hope I got the facts right...more to come I'm sure. She plans on buying a place in the city. She also is dating her manager who is married and just filed for divorce from his wife...they are already talking marriage..didn't she learn from her mistakes with Tom not to jump into a relationship so fast...especially with a married man.

5 hours ago, artisto said:

Alive and well and dating.

Without the help of a Shadchan.

Well I never see them on this show...

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Just read a story about LuAnn and I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on here yet...her children are suing her for millions due to breach of her divorce agreements in regards to property sales. Apparently she bought the Hamptons house and is now planning to put the house on the market with out sharing the profits of it with the kids which is in the divorce agreements. She is supposed to put a portion of the sales of any home she sells into a trust for the kids and did not do that with her other home that she sold in the Hamptons. Apparently the Count is suing her also in regards to this. I hope I got the facts right...more to come I'm sure. She plans on buying a place in the city. She also is dating her manager who is married and just filed for divorce from his wife...they are already talking marriage..didn't she learn from her mistakes with Tom not to jump into a relationship so fast...especially with a married man.

WHAT?!  Can you post a link to this story?  I like Lu but she always stuck me as someone who needed a man in her life, for justification I guess.  I get it, nobody likes to be alone and maybe she feels the clock ticking but wowzers, marriage again??

• Love 2
5 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

I didn't post that with any glee so why the LOL.  I like Lu.   She hasn't come to Boston yet which I wish she would.  I hope she beats the suit.

Sorry, I use LOL to show I'm not posting aggressively because I have bad days (head injury) and can come across as angry/aggressive in my posts. I hope this suit isn't as bad/serious as it seems to be and that Luann has been giving her kids cash to live on out of her pocket all along and that the trust will be set up soon.

2 hours ago, rhys said:

Oh boy, I just waded thru Sonja's blog. She must have gotten a hold of some of Carole's hay as the blog is a delightful mess. 

I know! She sounded drunk/high in that post big time! Shades of out of control Sonja from 3 seasons ago.

2 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

WHAT?!  Can you post a link to this story?  I like Lu but she always stuck me as someone who needed a man in her life, for justification I guess.  I get it, nobody likes to be alone and maybe she feels the clock ticking but wowzers, marriage again??

There are links to multiple stories over in the Luann thread. No one is talking about getting married, Luann is just "dating" that guy and he left his wife/filed for divorce before they started dating from what the stories say.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Dorinda seems to have quieted down since being told she was an alcoholic and accused of doing drugs with John.  Her combatative screaming and yelling very often didn’t help.

We haven’t gotten to Columbia yet... I’m reserving judgement on changes until then. Lol 

• Love 7
(edited)
39 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I lost my husband in Dec. 2016 from a 4 year battle with colon cancer.  I can definitely understand Carole's attitudes and even her push/pull thing with Adam.  I'm currently dating someone and really do love him.  But that love scares me since I lost my husband so it's very difficult to just fully give in and I do a lot of pushing away.  I don't know if Carole is really pushing Adam away or if to save face she acts like she does.  But from previous seasons, she certainly seemed to have a distaste for serious relationships.  I wonder if she chose someone much younger because she would know from day 1 of the relationship it wouldn't be long-term given their age differences.  And that way she went into it knowing it wasn't going to last and it helped keeping her from becoming too attached (although I think she did become too attached and really loves him).

So very sad for your story, @sasha206  

I know how it is to be a caretaker of someone with cancer. I can’t imagine that person being my husband. You are so strong.   Thinking of you as you continue to move forward. 

Edited by Taralightner
Wirewrap has it covered already
  • Love 14

If Luann is indeed dating, even if only semi-seriously, I would say that is likely the impetus of the lawsuit.  Count VonOpenMarriage might think he sees a pattern of irresponsibility that could threaten his children's inheritance.

Purely speculation.  If so, I wouldn't blame him.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

So sorry for your loss.  I can understand being apprehensive about another love relationship.  But, I’ve been married a very long time, and the thought of losing him weighs heavy on my mind also, so no matter the situation, it still stinks.  Go with it.  You can still have a long happy life, if you want.  We all don’t know what’s in the cards. Xo

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Page Six in the NY Post and MSN news online both have stories on this.

51 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If Luann is indeed dating, even if only semi-seriously, I would say that is likely the impetus of the lawsuit.  Count VonOpenMarriage might think he sees a pattern of irresponsibility that could threaten his children's inheritance.

Purely speculation.  If so, I wouldn't blame him.

From what I read she never set up a trust for the kids that would give them a portion of the sale of any property she sells...this was all in the divorce agreement. She sold her first home in the Hamptons and did not set up a trust for the kids that she was supposed to do and cheated them out of a lot of money that would be in a trust for them. The Count is suing for breach of the divorce agreement I believe but could be wrong about his suit and what is entailed in it. The impetus of this lawsuit has to do with the sale of her home in the Hamptons...the one she bought a few years ago after the divorce. She hasn't set up a trust as of this news cycle and thus the lawsuit. Apparently she is going to purchase another million dollar property after the sale of her Hamptons home comes through.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, kicksave said:

I thought it was depressing watching these middle age women at this event...Ramona...for God's sake quit trying to impress these regular guys with all the great jet set places you go to...how pathetic was that. Sonja and Bethenny don't have clue how to talk to a man except in overt sexual language. Sonja doesn't even try to have normal conversation she just dives right in to bondage and S&M sex talk with the creep she was talking to. These guys all looked like losers...what happened to all the good looking guys in New York? 

My divorced friend has been dating. She is slightly younger than these HWs. But she says that it is slim pickings out there. The men are immature, irresponsible, arrogant, and flaky. They often don’t pay for the date and they often ghost. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Sorry, I use LOL to show I'm not posting aggressively because I have bad days (head injury) and can come across as angry/aggressive in my posts. I hope this suit isn't as bad/serious as it seems to be and that Luann has been giving her kids cash to live on out of her pocket all along and that the trust will be set up soon.

I know! She sounded drunk/high in that post big time! Shades of out of control Sonja from 3 seasons ago.

There are links to multiple stories over in the Luann thread. No one is talking about getting married, Luann is just "dating" that guy and he left his wife/filed for divorce before they started dating from what the stories say.

I read that LuAnn is moving quickly with this romance and talking marriage...I guess every news outlet must have their own sources with different perspectives.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

My divorced friend has been dating. She is slightly younger than these HWs. But she says that it is slim pickings out there. The men are immature, irresponsible, arrogant, and flaky. They often don’t pay for the date and they often ghost. 

Ya I'm pretty sure if you don't lock someone down by your early 30s you're pretty much toast. After that it's Peter Pan losers all day every day.

ETA: I'm a total spinster but I'm okay with it ? And I can attest to your friends assessment. The worst.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, kicksave said:

I thought it was depressing watching these middle age women at this event...Ramona...for God's sake quit trying to impress these regular guys with all the great jet set places you go to...how pathetic was that. Sonja and Bethenny don't have clue how to talk to a man except in overt sexual language. Sonja doesn't even try to have normal conversation she just dives right in to bondage and S&M sex talk with the creep she was talking to. These guys all looked like losers...what happened to all the good looking guys in New York? 

What was funny about Ramona mentioning the places she's traveled to is that I bet these men are also well traveled. So, it wouldn't have been anything to be impressed by, as noted by the one guy who said something about her destinations being the standard destinations. Ouch.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I read that LuAnn is moving quickly with this romance and talking marriage...I guess every news outlet must have their own sources with different perspectives.

I haven't read anything about her talking marriage again, in fact, I haven't seen any report that directly quotes anything from her, just the all to familiar unnamed source. LOL I hope she isn't thinking/talking marriage this soon.

• Love 5
On 7/12/2018 at 10:13 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Sonja is just a gross person IMO.  That mouth ball comment and the spanking comment, ewww.  IDK, its a cross between desperate and just....IDK just GROSS!

That and her need to flash her naked butt. Sheesh. 

• Love 8

This episode was filler.  Some lingering questions:

1. Who was that older bearded dude sitting at Carole and Luann's table at the coffee shop?  And how did he feel about the "snatch guard" conversation?

2. Who wears large hoop earrings to work out?

3. Would $65 be too high a price to pay to go see a cabaret show that you only want to watch from an ironic perspective?  (Asking for a friend... )

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I read Carole's book years ago when it first came out, long before I ever saw her on the HW show. I have always been a Carole fan until this year. I find her very different this year, and that could be attributed to losing Adam after falling in love and not planning to. However I find it grating that she is so cavalier with regards to the obvious benefits she gets with her current "writing career" (in brackets because I think it is pretty much non existent), due to her name. She showed a bit of it last year when meeting with her book editor and expressing surprise that there were actually deadlines she was to meet. Which of course was BS as they would have been in her contract. She did it again this year when meeting the magazine editor about a small puff piece she was writing. Many writers would give their eye teeth to have those chances and connections, and Carole seems totally unaware of/ungrateful for the opportunities she has been handed. Hard to believe she was once a serious journalist. 

I do agree about circumstances in your life changing how you want to live it. I had the opposite feelings from Carole after losing 4 people very close to me (including my father) in a short amount of time, and then spending the next 10 years (I was 40 at this time) looking after my mom who had many illnesses during her last ten years of life. I was a "I'm gonna do what I want" person before that, and all the loses/responsibilities made me realize I wanted to be in a stable long term relationship. I got married in my mid 40s  to an amazing man (they are out there if you don't set your standards low, ala Luann) so my life is pretty much the opposite of Carole's now. And I am grateful every day for it. 

• Love 17
On 7/11/2018 at 9:52 PM, StevieRocks said:

If Moaner says she's smart one more time, I'm going to puke. She is literally one of the dumbest, grossest, screechiest hags I've ever seen.

When she kept saying she wants someone "who's smarter than me," am I the only one who was like, "It's 'smarter than I!'  'Than I!!!!'" 

Just me? 

Okay, I'll see myself out...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Ya I'm pretty sure if you don't lock someone down by your early 30s you're pretty much toast. After that it's Peter Pan losers all day every day.

ETA: I'm a total spinster but I'm okay with it ?And I can attest to your friends assessment. The worst.

That's funny because I'm in the dating pool now at 50 and while I'm dating my high school crush, I've had many really good candidates for dates.  I haven't actually gone out on dates with these men, but they are actually normal, decent, nice looking guys with good jobs and responsible.  I haven't had the slim pickins' experience.  I'm not on dating apps either.  Maybe that's the difference?

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

From what I read she never set up a trust for the kids that would give them a portion of the sale of any property she sells...this was all in the divorce agreement. She sold her first home in the Hamptons and did not set up a trust for the kids that she was supposed to do and cheated them out of a lot of money that would be in a trust for them. The Count is suing for breach of the divorce agreement I believe but could be wrong about his suit and what is entailed in it. The impetus of this lawsuit has to do with the sale of her home in the Hamptons...the one she bought a few years ago after the divorce. She hasn't set up a trust as of this news cycle and thus the lawsuit. Apparently she is going to purchase another million dollar property after the sale of her Hamptons home comes through.

I understood all of ^this, I was just speculating that since he didn't file suit after the sale of the home prior to this which, as you say, she was supposed to set up the trust per the dd, then perhaps he has some concerns about her social activities/lifestyle choices preventing her from doing the right thing this time as well.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Hard to believe she was once a serious journalist. 

If I understand Carole's career at ABC correctly, she was never a serious journalist.   She was part of a production team.  They're the behind the scenes people in charge of everything except writing and/or delivering the story. The team won the Emmy not Carole.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

That's funny because I'm in the dating pool now at 50 and while I'm dating my high school crush, I've had many really good candidates for dates.  I haven't actually gone out on dates with these men, but they are actually normal, decent, nice looking guys with good jobs and responsible.  I haven't had the slim pickins' experience.  I'm not on dating apps either.  Maybe that's the difference?

Locations sometimes play a factor? I feel like in NYC (and D.C. *weeps for my dating life*) there are a lot of men who probably are content to just play the field, especially because in those scenarios, women outnumber men (speaking solely on men who date women and women who date men). So, based on ratio alone, things work out for men who want to date women. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Definitely.  I'm on the tail end of the first weddings and young families vortex.  I am very much looking forward to emerging on the other side!!

• Love 3
(edited)

I could've watched a whole hour of the speed-dating. Best idea ever, Carole.

Oh so glad I’ve got this on tivo because I need to watch Ramona flirt on rewind.  It will be like smoking weed.

Better yet, actually smoke some weed before watching it to double the pleasure!

There was something so deeply wrong about him.

The way he aggressively grabbed Sonja's face...ugh. (That might be more Luann's speed, though.) 

I always wonder if Sonja's daughter watches this show.

On WWHL, Sonja - who was looking dynamite, btw - said that Quincy doesn't watch tv (and neither do the other Morgans).

Damn Luann looks amazing. All those dresses looked fantastic on her.

The woman commands a room, no doubt.

I was horrified at the Countess wiping her snot on her palm like a 3 year old.

But...your nym is Booger666, LOL.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 13

The speed-dating was one of the best things I´ve ever seen on a Housewives show, I think, like ever (no accounting for my bad memory nor over excitement about stuff like this). Luann trying on dresses was the second best segment of the episode, she is so stunning.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Locations sometimes play a factor? I feel like in NYC (and D.C. *weeps for my dating life*) there are a lot of men who probably are content to just play the field, especially because in those scenarios, women outnumber men (speaking solely on men who date women and women who date men). So, based on ratio alone, things work out for men who want to date women. 

Maybe so. I'm in Maryland.  Not sure if women out number men here or not!  In my experience, the potential candidate men were met in a very organic way (work, hobbies, through friends).  I personally feel that dating apps, while helpful in facilitating the "meets," also give people a very short timeframe to work in if there isn't immediate chemistry.   You may not feel chemistry with a person right away but then after being around them without the pressure of that first date, you find you do have chemistry. I feel like these dating apps mean you are on a short rope and both parties will have someone else lined up from the dating app to go out with the next day.  Of course, dating apps may be different for people in their 50s, since the dating pool is smaller, but in watching my  28 year-old nephew's experiences with dating apps, I'm convinced people should meet in a much more organic fashion.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Taralightner said:

So very sad for your story, @sasha206  

I know how it is to be a caretaker of someone with cancer. I can’t imagine that person being my husband. You are so strong.   Thinking of you as you continue to move forward. 

Aw, thanks so much!  And everyone else who offered their condolences!  It's trying, scary at times.  I'm fortunate not to have a financial concern and I'm surrounded by incredible family!  And reconnecting with my high school crush has certainly been pretty thrilling, even if I get scared at times!

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Maybe so. I'm in Maryland.  Not sure if women out number men here or not!  In my experience, the potential candidate men were met in a very organic way (work, hobbies, through friends).  I personally feel that dating apps, while helpful in facilitating the "meets," also give people a very short timeframe to work in if there isn't immediate chemistry.   You may not feel chemistry with a person right away but then after being around them without the pressure of that first date, you find you do have chemistry. I feel like these dating apps mean you are on a short rope and both parties will have someone else lined up from the dating app to go out with the next day.  Of course, dating apps may be different for people in their 50s, since the dating pool is smaller, but in watching my  28 year-old nephew's experiences with dating apps, I'm convinced people should meet in a much more organic fashion.

Oh definitely. I tried the app thing three years ago (on Match for two months), and I said never again. It forced me to go out more as a result, oftentimes without my girlfriends because it’s probably easier to be approached when you don’t have all your girlfriends around. 

• Love 6
On 7/12/2018 at 6:54 AM, Mozelle said:

The last guy that Sonja was with was extra creepy. There was not an ounce of humor to him, meanwhile Sonja is being Sonja trying to make the interaction airy. Sonja needed to run run run run! Because I don't think he'd be the kind of guy to release her from his sex dungeon.

I loved this episode! It was light, and the speed dating thing was a hoot. Watching Ramona around men is always a trip because she swears she's irresistible but then she gets around a man and acts like it'll be the last time she's around men ever ever ever.

How was she jealous? Because she commented that Rori mentioned she'd invited Brian to meet her but that Bethenny and Ramona were spending time with him? And if Ramona could have taken Brian home that vey night, wouldn't it have meant that he liked her, too (if even for one night)?

But as far as Bethenny goes, if Dennis is still married and still actively living with his wife, then that is worthy of comment. What I do find interesting is that folks are more het about Carole having been in a relationship with a younger, single man (who *is* trying to still be in Carole's life via Baby) than they are that Bethenny was in some complicated shit with a married, separated-not separated man. Bethenny's choices in men leave a lot to be desired.

Carole had the tulips in three matching containers. It could be that she had the other two in containers not on that shelf. As for not hearing from Adam in months, when was this filmed (sounding like February given all the complaints about the cold) and when was the previous comment filmed? It's not as though the editors keep every single scene (and talking head) linear. 

Also: Thank you for the tulip tip lol. This is why I stay away from them because then they start looking all sad in my vase. My favorites are peonies, when they are in season.

I'm still married six years after separating from my ex. We don't have those kind of feelings for each other. It's easier in ways while my kid is this young. They aren't sneaking around, so I just don't think it is a big deal.

I don't care that Carole was dating a younger man and I can't recall reading anything here giving her garbage fir his age. The only age related thing, and it's more a choice because they could adopt, is she has said she knows they won't be together forever because Adam has stated he wants children.

The way Carole spoke sounded jealous to me. Her tone and demeanor both. Her talking about Snoopy being there for her, and Bethany and Ramona monopolizing him, sounded jealous. The preview next week where Bethany says she doesn't want to date him and Carole snarls back that he doesn't want to date her, which is NOT the case , sounded jealous. She is not going to say the words, I am jealous, lol, but IMO, she couldn't hide it.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

A few of my widowed or divorced girlfriends have wound up with guys that they went to high school or college with.  They go on Facebook .. no dating sites.  

• Love 4