Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Dating Wishes and Cabaret Dreams

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm still married six years after separating from my ex. We don't have those kind of feelings for each other. It's easier in ways while my kid is this young. They aren't sneaking around, so I just don't think it is a big deal.

I don't care that Carole was dating a younger man and I can't recall reading anything here giving her garbage fir his age. The only age related thing, and it's more a choice because they could adopt, is she has said she knows they won't be together forever because Adam has stated he wants children.

The way Carole spoke sounded jealous to me. Her tone and demeanor both. Her talking about Snoopy being there for her, and Bethany and Ramona monopolizing him, sounded jealous. The preview next week where Bethany says she doesn't want to date him and Carole snarls back that he doesn't want to date her, which is NOT the case , sounded jealous. She is not going to say the words, I am jealous, lol, but IMO, she couldn't hide it.

Oh, I don't doubt that you do, but back when Carole and Adam first started seeing each other (season seven, I guess?), Carole caught major grief over Adam's age. Some folks claimed that they would be embarrassed if their similarly-aged son brought home a woman Carole's age; others acted as though Carole had used an ice cream cone to trick and lure the young lad into going out; and others *still* act as though it's impossible for a 50-something woman to pull a guy in his late 20s/early 30s without an ulterior motive.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Oh, I don't doubt that you do, but back when Carole and Adam first started seeing each other (season seven, I guess?), Carole caught major grief over Adam's age. Some folks claimed that they would be embarrassed if their similarly-aged son brought home a woman Carole's age; others acted as though Carole had used an ice cream cone to trick and lure the young lad into going out; and others *still* act as though it's impossible for a 50-something woman to pull a guy in his late 20s/early 30s without an ulterior motive.

Exactly and now, with Bethenny calling him an "operator", the idea that Adam only dated Carole to use her HW status/fame/connections to further his own career/agenda/bank account has taken off like a rocket! 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

You can put me in the "some folks" category.   I have two adult sons and I would not be happy if one of them brought home a woman Carole's age.   

ETA:  and both of my sons are older than Adam

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

I wish we could have seen Carole’s answer to the guy who asked her “who ARE you?” Later he was staring intensely at Tinsley as she babbled about Cartagena, but maybe he was drunk and couldn’t keep up.

I felt bad for the guy who was tongued by Ramona just because he said she looked like she was in her 40s. But to Ramona that IS the ultimate compliment. 

Lu couldn’t have been more obvious with her crossed arms body language! But her hair looked amazing. 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

That's funny because I'm in the dating pool now at 50 and while I'm dating my high school crush, I've had many really good candidates for dates.  I haven't actually gone out on dates with these men, but they are actually normal, decent, nice looking guys with good jobs and responsible.  I haven't had the slim pickins' experience.  I'm not on dating apps either.  Maybe that's the difference?

That is great to hear! May I ask where you live?

eta: Now I see you’re in Maryland. 

Did your high school crush divorce his first wife?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1

I don’t know.   This speed dating thing didn’t look so great to me.  All those guys looked like players or bullshit artists.  Are they the best that the city has?  They looked like they were there to jump in the sack, first thing.  Although The whole scene was hilarious, I think Ramona and Sonya were really into the whole thing.  These men seemed phony to me.  Then there’s the Regency where Tom goes.  Another pick up joint.  I would really hate to be in these girl’s position.  It has “desperate” written on it.

• Love 3
(edited)
23 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It was funny, but it was more of a generic bimbo imitation. I would like Beth to try imitating Ramona’s laugh. 

Didn't one of the HWs imitate Ramona a season or two ago? IIRC it wasn't bad. She had the cadence of Ramona's speech and the head shakes/hair tosses down. I can't remember who it was though. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t know.   This speed dating thing didn’t look so great to me.  All those guys looked like players or bullshit artists.  Are they the best that the city has?  They looked like they were there to jump in the sack, first thing.  Although The whole scene was hilarious, I think Ramona and Sonya were really into the whole thing.  These men seemed phony to me.  Then there’s the Regency where Tom goes.  Another pick up joint.  I would really hate to be in these girl’s position.  It has “desperate” written on it.

These were the only guys that would sign Bravo's/production's releases to appear on camera, which means they had to dig to the bottom of the barrel to find them! LOL 

• Love 12
(edited)
6 hours ago, halkatla said:

The speed-dating was one of the best things I´ve ever seen on a Housewives show, I think, like ever (no accounting for my bad memory nor over excitement about stuff like this). Luann trying on dresses was the second best segment of the episode, she is so stunning.

I think she has the best body of all the women. How tall is she? 

5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

A few of my widowed or divorced girlfriends have wound up with guys that they went to high school or college with.  They go on Facebook .. no dating sites.  

I read somewhere that a lot of affairs start on Facebook. That's one of the reasons why some couples have joint accounts. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I found the speed dating less depressing than Sonja and Tins dating guys who have barely just graduated from high school. 

People magazine is now carrying the story (and US magazine)  complete with pics that Lu has posted from the 4th of July. One is of her hanging off the count, who looks none too impressed. I find the story in People to be quite believable. 

I saw that too, haha.  Luann was hanging all over the Count, and he didn’t even have his arm around her waist .. nothing.  Now she is going out with her Agent who’s not divorced yet.  Oh well.  Live and let live.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I saw that too, haha.  Luann was hanging all over the Count, and he didn’t even have his arm around her waist .. nothing.  Now she is going out with her Agent who’s not divorced yet.  Oh well.  Live and let live.

According the reports, he was separated and had already filed for divorce when they met, so...…….. LOL.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

According the reports, he was separated and had already filed for divorce when they met, so...…….. LOL.

Now that she’s on stage and looks more fabulous, she’ll have plenty of men after her I’m sure.  Kudos to Sonja btw,  she’ll be getting plenty of attention also.  Just hope she keeps her panties on. Lol.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Now that she’s on stage and looks more fabulous, she’ll have plenty of men after her I’m sure.  Kudos to Sonja btw,  she’ll be getting plenty of attention also.  Just hope she keeps her panties on. Lol.

No chance in hell for that! Sonja is an exhibitionist and it doesn't matter what gender her victim audience is, she loves to flash her lady bits! And of course, she doesn't embarrass her daughter or any of her ex's family when she does it because she does it with Morgan pride! LOL 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Kudos to Sonja btw,  she’ll be getting plenty of attention also.  Just hope she keeps her panties on. Lol.

I don't think she ever put her panties on in the first place!  She seems to like to go commando.  Ready for action.  ;)

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Carole was getting great sex with a young stud, and Adam was getting great exposure for whatever he does.  What’s better than that.  No strings attached ... until she fell in love with him.  Now he’s buzzing around again for whatever reason.  This is a true story now.  My dear Cousin met a guy years ago who was 15 years her junior.  They lived together, then got married for beneficial reasons for her.  He had money and a great pension coming up.  NOW, years later, she isn’t well with her health, and he’s doing everything .. shopping, cooking, washing clothes, taking her to doctors, etc.  He is miserable now and resenting her.  He’ll probably pack his bag and leave any day now, and she’ll be up shits creek.  He’s in good health and wants to enjoy his life a little, and she can’t anymore.  Stay tuned.  I feel bad for both of them as they are both stuck.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Oh definitely. I tried the app thing three years ago (on Match for two months), and I said never again. It forced me to go out more as a result, oftentimes without my girlfriends because it’s probably easier to be approached when you don’t have all your girlfriends around. 

Like I told my niece who’s tried everything, “go to Home Depot” and walk around.  Plenty of guys there, or anything to do with sports, like “Dicks Sporting Goods”.  Walk around and ask “excuse me .. how does this work”?  You’d be surprised.  Better then those dating apps. Lol.    Sports Bars .... any place where there are balls bouncing, that’s where guys are.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Exactly and now, with Bethenny calling him an "operator", the idea that Adam only dated Carole to use her HW status/fame/connections to further his own career/agenda/bank account has taken off like a rocket! 

Maybe this is the core of the falling out between Carole and Bethenny. Maybe, off season and off camera, Bethenny tells Carole that she’s concerned that Adam is just using Carole and this makes Carole very upset/insulted that B thinks that C “isn’t enough” for Adam; therefore he must be using her. I’m obviously just guessing... 

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Didn't one of the HWs imitate Ramona a season or two ago? IIRC it wasn't bad. She had the cadence of Ramona's speech and the head shakes/hair tosses down. I can't remember who it was though. 

No one can "do" housewives better than Amy Phillips. 

Here is just a small sample.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__86TA2jjEk

She has more on youtube. Her Erika Jayne is amazing.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

These were the only guys that would sign Bravo's/production's releases to appear on camera, which means they had to dig to the bottom of the barrel to find them! LOL 

You’re always in my head. These guys were invited by matchmaker and the ones we saw were willing to do TV. Thus my original assessment of Brian, RedScarfGuy, he wants to be on TV 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Like I told my niece who’s tried everything, “go to Home Depot” and walk around.  Plenty of guys there, or anything to do with sports, like “Dicks Sporting Goods”.  Walk around and ask “excuse me .. how does this work”?  You’d be surprised.  Better then those dating apps. Lol.    Sports Bars .... any place where there are balls bouncing, that’s where guys are.

Lol or the auto parts store. I met someone there last month. It ultimately didn't go anywhere, but for a few weeks we had each other's attention.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What kind of little dog does Carol have?  I'm shocked that two people came to the door and I heard NO barking.  How does that happen with a small little indoor dog? 

She is a Mini Goldendoodle. Very cute. And quiet.

"While they may be friendly and gentle, the Mini Goldendoodle just might be too friendly and gentle to guard the house when you’re away. This crossbreed is not known to be noisy, and in fact, they bark infrequently. Your Mini Groodle may not even bark when someone comes to the door!

Due to their quietness and openness toward people --- even total strangers --- the Miniature Goldendoodle is not recommended as a watchdog or as a dog for protection".

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

She is a Mini Goldendoodle. Very cute. And quiet.

"While they may be friendly and gentle, the Mini Goldendoodle just might be too friendly and gentle to guard the house when you’re away. This crossbreed is not known to be noisy, and in fact, they bark infrequently. Your Mini Groodle may not even bark when someone comes to the door!

Due to their quietness and openness toward people --- even total strangers --- the Miniature Goldendoodle is not recommended as a watchdog or as a dog for protection".

Interesting.  I have seen Goldendoodles but, they were much larger than Carol's dog. Baby, right?  This mini Goldendoodle might be a good thing for my parents.  We think my dad needs an indoor dog, as he is likely to not stay as active as he is now.  But, my parents detest all the noise of most small dogs who bark at most everything. Plus, they are likely to shed little, right? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

Maybe this is the core of the falling out between Carole and Bethenny. Maybe, off season and off camera, Bethenny tells Carole that she’s concerned that Adam is just using Carole and this makes Carole very upset/insulted that B thinks that C “isn’t enough” for Adam; therefore he must be using her. I’m obviously just guessing... 

Sounds like a reasonable guess to me!  I can't keep up with the various fights between the ladies over the seasons.  One minute they're best friends, then the next minute they hate each other.  It's hard to know what's real and what's exaggerated for the show.  I like the housewives shows when there's not the bullshit drama.  I don't mind the occasional squabbles, but some of the shit they all fight over is just ridiculous, IMO!!  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Interesting.  I have seen Goldendoodles but, they were much larger than Carol's dog. Baby, right?  This mini Goldendoodle might be a good thing for my parents.  We think my dad needs an indoor dog, as he is likely to not stay as active as he is now.  But, my parents detest all the noise of most small dogs who bark at most everything. Plus, they are likely to shed little, right? 

I just posted some info in the small talk board. :)

Reading all this makes me think Adam is a moocher.  First he’s with Luanne’s niece prob sleeping in her apt.  Then he’s suddenly Noel’s babysitter/friend who goes skateboarding ( I think) with him and crashes on Luanne’s couch.  I remember us questioning why a 25 yr old would be friends with a 15 yr old which I find creepy, but I bet Luanne was paying him to hang out with her son and he was conveniently sleeping over (prob so Luanne could stay out all night).  Then enter Carol who lets him sleep over then move in.  He prob tried it with another woman but it didn’t work out ( she caught on) so he’s trying it with Carol again for a place to live until the next one comes along.  I agree with Beth he is an opportunist.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Please never change Sonja. “Do I smell like mothballs?” Still laughing at that one.

Knowing Sonja, that's probably a line she uses to get men to come in close and sniff her. To invite them into her personal space? To sniff them? To check out their butt? To distract them while she lifts their wallet? 

• Love 10

You’re always in my head. These guys were invited by matchmaker and the ones we saw were willing to do TV. Thus my original assessment of Brian, RedScarfGuy, he wants to be on TV 

Move him down to Charleston, and sign him up for Southern Charm.  They could use a handsome guy, and I'm thinking they'll have an opening or two for the next season.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

On WWHL, Sonja claimed that she flirts with men to put them at ease and make them comfortable. 

Would that make you feel comfortable if you were a man? It would make me feel very uncomfortable.

Especially with Sonja's style of flirting!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

On WWHL, Sonja claimed that she flirts with men to put them at ease and make them comfortable. 

Would that make you feel comfortable if you were a man? It would make me feel very uncomfortable.

In the early days of RHONY, her flirting was uncomfortable, but not desperate seeming.  She could be very charming.  Now it seems like she's either so desperate to stay on this show for the $$$ that she ramps up the sex talk or she's just flat out gross now!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Absolutely.  Join a co-ed sport.  You get to meet tons of men without it being a "date."  And if the men in the league are taken, they may have friends they'd set you up with!  

• Love 4
21 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I understood all of ^this, I was just speculating that since he didn't file suit after the sale of the home prior to this which, as you say, she was supposed to set up the trust per the dd, then perhaps he has some concerns about her social activities/lifestyle choices preventing her from doing the right thing this time as well.

I don't think he cares...the kids might be more concerned since they their mother seems prone to moving too fast with a new relationship and the failure of her marriage to Tom is still raw.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Taralightner said:

15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Ohhhhhhhhh......yeah....of course.  I feel dumb not figuring it out.  His lunch date with Bethanny was likely more about strategy and logistics.  At the event, she seemed amused by him, which seemed odd to me.  If he was a random guy she met a month ago who was there to pursue her, I think Bethanny would find it creepy, not charming.

He can get on TV, play the cad that all the fans are buzzing about, and make Carole and Ramona look petty and jealous (by feeding each of them different and conflicting backstories on the Red Baron and coaching him on storylines).  

Carole could be made to look particularly bad - have the dating coach tell her the Baron is there for her, but have him profess his true attraction to Bethanny. Then, after the event, have him tell Carole that he did come for her, but Bethanny co-opted his time.  By the time Carol figures it out, the damage is done.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

Ohhhhhhhhh......yeah....of course.  I feel dumb not figuring it out.  His lunch date with Bethanny was likely more about strategy and logistics.  At the event, she seemed amused by him, which seemed odd to me.  If he was a random guy she met a month ago who was there to pursue her, I think Bethanny would find it creepy, not charming.

He can get on TV, play the cad that all the fans are buzzing about, and make Carole and Ramona look petty and jealous (by feeding each of them different and conflicting backstories on the Red Baron and coaching him on storylines).  

Carole could be made to look particularly bad - have the dating coach tell her the Baron is there for her, but have him profess his true attraction to Bethanny. Then, after the event, have him tell Carole that he did come for her, but Bethanny co-opted his time.  By the time Carol figures it out, the damage is done.

I honestly think that Brian was invited for Carole. BUT, he had met Bethenny and had chemistry. I think Bethenny ASSUMED he came to “surprise her.”  I think he played the game with B, not telling her he was invited for Carole. I think he used Ramona for TV time and I think he didn’t feel chemistry with Carole during the 3 minute round of speed dating. So, I understand why Carole felt slighted.. I don’t know that Carole even knew that B had met him before. I’m obviously guessing, speculating... but I’m SURE these specific guys didn’t just walk in off the street. 

• Love 3

Red scarf most likely will not be seen again but he is the perfect interloper for Bethenny, Carole and Ramona.  

Why am I always feeling second hand embarrassment for Ramona when she gets around men?  Bethenny was really funny with her impression of Ramona offering the drink.  And I thought it was interesting that random guy at the bar knew Brian's name when Ramona called him the red scarf guy, makes me wonder if the producers just stuffed the bar full of men that knew each other. 

• Love 6

I honestly think that Brian was invited for Carole. BUT, he had met Bethenny and had chemistry. I think Bethenny ASSUMED he came to “surprise her.”  I think he played the game with B, not telling her he was invited for Carole. I think he used Ramona for TV time and I think he didn’t feel chemistry with Carole during the 3 minute round of speed dating. So, I understand why Carole felt slighted.. I don’t know that Carole even knew that B had met him before. I’m obviously guessing, speculating... but I’m SURE these specific guys didn’t just walk in off the street. 

Bethenny has been in the reality TV game for a long time, she knew that he wasn't there to "see" her and she also knew that it was Carole's "friend" that set this whole thing up, so, she would know that he was the intended set up for Carole, not her. Also, Bethenny and Carole were still friends when Bethenny met this guy the first time, so I am sure she told Carole all about him hitting on her but I doubt she told Carole the guys name because they didn't click and she had no interest in "dating" him. LOL

• Love 3

RedScarf certainly led Bethenny down that path.  But I figured when that old dude at the bar was so hamfisted with stirring Ramona’s pot about ‘Bethenny thinks he likes her’ that it was producer driven from the jump.  I’m sure they didn’t care who took their bate and must have been thrilled that Ramona, Carole and Bethenny jumped.  Although Bethenny was a jump to the friend zone it still had the desired effect.

• Love 1

Did anyone else find it funny/odd when Carole said to the speed dating hostess "Let me upload you". I realize I'm not as young and hip as I used to be, and know she meant let me fill you in, or catch you up. Is this a new saying? I will have to ask my teenage son.

I ran it by him, and he laughed at me.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Is this a new saying?

I haven't heard it used in that way, but then again, I'm always late to the party when it comes to current slang!  Maybe Carole heard it from someone and thought it was cool.  I still think she tries too hard to be the cool one.  Either you've got it or you don't.    It's uncool to try to be so cool!  Just go with the flow and blend in, Carole!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, nexxie said:

Sonja’s new tagline: “A girl can never exhibit her ass often enough!”

J.P. Morgan, Jr. or whoever his name is, must just be loving all this right now, and the daughter.  Of course they watch.  If not them, half of N.Y. City does. Lol.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny has been in the reality TV game for a long time, she knew that he wasn't there to "see" her and she also knew that it was Carole's "friend" that set this whole thing up, so, she would know that he was the intended set up for Carole, not her. Also, Bethenny and Carole were still friends when Bethenny met this guy the first time, so I am sure she told Carole all about him hitting on her but I doubt she told Carole the guys name because they didn't click and she had no interest in "dating" him. LOL

That's speculation.   We can't be sure that Bethenny knew Carole's friend intended to set up Carole with the Red Baron.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
Just now, AnnA said:

That's speculation.

Yes but it is speculation based on sound evidence we have seen on the show and things Bethenny herself has said.  90% of what we post here is speculation/opinion be it you, me, or any other poster. LOL

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes but it is speculation based on sound evidence we have seen on the show and things Bethenny herself has said.  90% of what we post here is speculation/opinion be it you, me, or any other poster. LOL

Yes. Most of what we post is speculation which is why I try to qualify statements.   Sometimes I forget too.    I mentioned it because we have no way of knowing what Bethenny knew or did not know about what the matchmaker said, did or intended. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3