Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Dennis: On Her Own!

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Yikes. Disturbing. Obvious short period of time weight loss.

Adderall ?

She may have stopped taking her meds for depression - she was naturally thin before taking those, and said on air they make her gain weight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just finished watching the scene in Season 4 where Jennifer, Kathryn’s one time friend and supporter, is telling Kathryn about the brain surgery her infant son required immediately after birth in order to live. Kathryn’s lack of empathy, concern or genuine human emotion are disturbing. What’s even more disturbing is that she justifies her coldness because Thomas was kind to Jennifer at the Season 3 reunion and gave her a hanky. A hanky. Because she was crying about her child who was going to be born with a potentially life threatening birth defect.  

She’s a complete and total asshole and I agree with Leva (but not her delivery) that they need to quit coddling Kathryn. Danni and the Men Children, I’m looking at you. 

• Love 13
On 1/19/2021 at 9:34 AM, Babyfoot said:

Kathryn’s lack of empathy, concern or genuine human emotion are disturbing. What’s even more disturbing is that she justifies her coldness because Thomas was kind to Jennifer at the Season 3 reunion and gave her a hanky. A hanky. Because she was crying about her child who was going to be born with a potentially life threatening birth defect.  

YES!!! That chilling scene right there was the exact moment when my former ongoing annoyance with Kathryn for being such a self-centered shrew turned to full on hatred.
And all because she was SO pissed off that Jennifer and Thomas had a close ongoing friendship and he had politely offered her a hanky?!
Meanwhile Jennifer was tearfully sitting there telling her all about how her baby nearly died, and yet that bitch Kathryn just sat there coldly seething at her and refused to offer *any* kind of comforting or sympathetic  words! 

Anyone who couldn’t see at that point that Kathryn is a narcissistic sociopath is blind.

And I still refuse to buy that attempted redemption arc they gave Kathryn in Season 5; Ashley might’ve been an evil nutbag, but pitting one awful character onscreen against yet another awful character doesn’t make either of them any less awful!
To me she’s just as loathsome as her babydaddy Thomas. 

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 6

Jeez, is she ever going to get her act together?  One day her Southern Charm days will be over and then where will she be? She should use this time with the income from the show to start a career for her future.  I did think her weight loss at the reunion was amazing and I have never heard her address what diet she was on etc.  Maybe it is drugs, who knows.  What could Thomas do when he found out Saint was wandering around at night alone. I hope she does not have more children with the new guy.  She’s a mess and in her most recent Instagram post she writes “inner peace, self worth, mantra”.  

• Love 4
On 3/6/2021 at 9:05 AM, TeeMo said:

Not sure if this report can be trusted but these poor kids are screwed either way. Neither Thomas nor Kathryn are fit to be raising anyone.

https://realityblurb.com/2021/03/05/southern-charm-kathryn-dennis-loses-custody-of-kids-to-thomas-ravenel-amid-new-allegations-about-drugs-and-neglect/

I think this is the saddest part (in a very sad article):

As for Saint, who Thomas said was “formerly diagnosed with [Fetal Alcohol Syndrome] due to Kathryn’s excessive drug and alcohol consumption while he was in utero,” the former Southern Charm cast member said that while he’s been doing what he can to get the boy up to speed, taking him to “speech and occupational therapy,” Kathryn is far less involved and even neglectful.

According to Thomas, one of Saint’s teachers created folders for each of them in hopes of getting him caught up to his peers. But, he shared, the “Mom” folder has “never been touched.”

Get your shit together Kathryn.

• Sad 1
  • Love 11

Recall season before last when Kathryn disappeared and would not answer repeated requests to know if she was ok?  The SC cast ladies covered for her and warned each other to keep it quiet because Thomas would use it in custody case against her. I posted then how risky that was. If she was struggling with drugs or mental illness you don’t leave small children in her care and hide the fact from the other parent.  Thank goodness some concerned person spoke up on the children’s behalf.  

Anyone know why Thomas is moving to Aiken, SC?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Recall season before last when Kathryn disappeared and would not answer repeated requests to know if she was ok?  The SC cast ladies covered for her and warned each other to keep it quiet because Thomas would use it in custody case against her. I posted then how risky that was. If she was struggling with drugs or mental illness you don’t leave small children in her care and hide the fact from the other parent.  Thank goodness some concerned person spoke up on the children’s behalf.  

Too lazy to Google up a map. How far is Aiken from Charleston?

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Word on the street is that there’s a special needs school there that Thomas wants to enroll Saint into. I hope this is the case and at least one of his parents finally steps up to be an actual responsible, involved parent.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think this is the saddest part (in a very sad article):

As for Saint, who Thomas said was “formerly diagnosed with [Fetal Alcohol Syndrome] due to Kathryn’s excessive drug and alcohol consumption while he was in utero,” the former Southern Charm cast member said that while he’s been doing what he can to get the boy up to speed, taking him to “speech and occupational therapy,” Kathryn is far less involved and even neglectful.

According to Thomas, one of Saint’s teachers created folders for each of them in hopes of getting him caught up to his peers. But, he shared, the “Mom” folder has “never been touched.”

Get your shit together Kathryn.

Sadly, I'm not surprised one bit.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So all the lip service about her great parenting.....I’ve always suspected the Bravo women have a provision in their contract that requires the other women to praise their parenting skills....no matter what.   It’s not necessarily the case with each one. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ashley was detestable but remember her saying that Kathryn never visited Saint in the hospital and that she (Ashley) saw the kids more than Kathryn? She knew things...

It’s utterly reprehensible that Kathryn caused Fetal Alcohol Syndrome in her son. That poor kid, he will suffer with serious issues his entire life because she just could NOT put down the drugs/liquor while pregnant. Unreal and disgusting. 

Bravo needs to cut her loose. Enough. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I think they both suck as parents, but at least Thomas has the money to hire responsible childcare, so I guess there's that?? It's pretty telling that Kathyrn lost custody and only has supervised visits. That's actually pretty rare for a mother. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 10

Knowing that Kathryn’s partying left Saint with FAS sickens me. I can’t believe she continued to have her supporters after that...Shep, Craig... How could they remain in a friendship with someone the likes of her?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, zenme said:

Knowing that Kathryn’s partying left Saint with FAS sickens me. I can’t believe she continued to have her supporters after that...Shep, Craig... How could they remain in a friendship with someone the likes of her?

I’ve wondered about this myself. I think they’re all dazzled by her beauty/vibe, and she has a particular talent for knowing how to turn on her charms around men((Leva had her number from the get-go when she did her Kathryn impersonation; men like these find that lost little girl routine oddly intoxicating)).
She’s obviously not a girl’s girl and probably has subscribed to that “women don’t like me because they’re jealous of me” mindset. I just wonder how she’ll fare when her looks/youth finally fail her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 3/11/2021 at 9:02 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Kathryn has apologists? You'd think people would have figured her out by now. 

You really would. During Quarantine I watched on demand from the beginning again. It us impossible not to see what a narcissist she is. In the very beginning, you could attribute some of her crazy to immaturity, but that ship has sailed. Last season should have eliminated any sympathy left for this truly awful woman. Madison is a vile piece if work, but I haven't seen anything to indicate she isn't a decent mom. Kathryn is a terrible person and a terrible mother. Thomas is no prize but, as someone said, he has the money to provide adequate child care and all the additional resources the kids may need,  and he did appear to genuinely love his kids. Kathryn loves Kathryn. Everyone else is just another prop in her ongoing one woman show.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

So, I wonder if she will do the work necessary to regain parental responsibilities and custody.  Probably, back to drug testing, therapy, parenting classes, ...........staying sober is going to be a continuing challenge for her.  I watched a movie yesterday about a troubled single mother who resorted to alcohol, dancing, etc to pay bills and left her young child alone at night. The child wandered outside, police are called and the child is placed in foster care. It reminded me of this situation. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I feel Kathryn loves her children, but ... I think there's a part of her that does not want to be a parent right now. 

I feel Kathryn wants to be a young person without responsibilities - just out there having fun.  She wants to go out, enjoy the fame that comes with the show, be sexy, fashionable, and popular on social media, etc. And, she wants to still indulge in substances. She's not ready to give all that up. I think she knows this about herself in some small way.

Kathryn has always seemed to me to be damaged in a way that prevented her from maturing. I wonder if she experienced a trauma earlier in life or indugled in alcohol and drug use in teen years (excessive use stops users from maturing because the basically check out).

Saint's FAS situation is heart-breaking. Only someone unprepared for parenthood could engage in behavior that leads to FAS.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
On 4/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I wonder if she will do the work necessary to regain parental responsibilities and custody.  Probably, back to drug testing, therapy, parenting classes, ...........staying sober is going to be a continuing challenge for her.  I watched a movie yesterday about a troubled single mother who resorted to alcohol, dancing, etc to pay bills and left her young child alone at night. The child wandered outside, police are called and the child is placed in foster care. It reminded me of this situation. 

The only difference is that Katheryn would never work if she could avoid it and she has successfully. Aside from her modeling clothes for Gywnn's she has not exactly punched a time clock, ever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Jextella said:

I feel Kathryn loves her children, but ... I think there's a part of her that does not want to be a parent right now. 

I feel Kathryn wants to be a young person without responsibilities - just out there having fun.  She wants to go out, enjoy the fame that comes with the show, be sexy, fashionable, and popular on social media, etc. And, she wants to still indulge in substances. She's not ready to give all that up. I think she knows this about herself in at least some small way.

Kathryn has always seemed to me to be damaged in a way that prevented her from maturing. I wonder if she experienced a trauma earlier in life or indugled in alcohol and drug use in teen years (excessive use stops users from maturing because the basically check out).

Saint's FAS situation is heart-breaking. Only someone unprepared for parenthood could engage in behavior that leads to FAS.

I think Kathryn's plan was to marry a rich man like Thomas who would pay for full-time nannies to do the day-to-day childcare. I don't think she ever considered the idea that she would be a single Mom tied down to being responsible for her children 50% of the time. 

During the season when Kathryn was pregnant with Saint, she had at least one nanny that Thomas was paying for. I think the nannies traveled with the children between Thomas's and Kathryn's. I assume Thomas was no longer paying for Kathryn to have a nanny?

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Jextella said:

feel Kathryn loves her children, but ... I think there's a part of her that does not want to be a parent right now. 

I respectfully disagree.  Kathryn is young and was young when she had her children but she doesn't really love her kids.  My observation, of course.  I was 30 when I had my kid and I would have walked on hot coals for her (I still feel this way).  I think Kathryn doesn't really care about her kids.  If she did, why is she in such untenable situations with Thomas about them?  

I honestly don't get it and feel for those young kids.

• Love 5

I think she only loves her kids when they’re convenient to her...like for cute photo shoots or when she’s playing up her hot mom status on social media or among friends.
Let’s be honest here: she thought getting pregnant with Thomas’s children would ensure her a lady of leisure lifestyle and possibly marriage. It’s obviously why she kept bugging him for a ring...I also found it interesting the way she freaked out over his latest girlfriend having a baby boy, like suddenly she knew that her kids were no longer his main financial priority anymore. I always felt like those children were her personal gambling chips, sadly.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I think she only loves her kids when they’re convenient to her...like for cute photo shoots or when she’s playing up her hot mom status on social media or among friends.
Let’s be honest here: she thought getting pregnant with Thomas’s children would ensure her a lady of leisure lifestyle and possibly marriage. It’s obviously why she kept bugging him for a ring...I also found it interesting the way she freaked out over his latest girlfriend having a baby boy, like suddenly she knew that her kids were no longer his main financial priority anymore. I always felt like those children were her personal gambling chips, sadly.

Totally agree with you as always Sun-Bun. 
She should have thought of the repercussions of giving up her youth and partying life before she screwed half the rich cast, trying to get knocked up. 

There is one scene that highlights her sociopathic/narcissistic way with her kids/Kensie in this case. Kensie was a baby and Craig came over to visit. Kathryn just lounges around while the nanny (Dawn?) is doing all of the work. Dawn goes to take Kensie up to bed and Kathryn makes a show for the camera of leaning in and affectionately saying goodnight to her daughter. But she turns away too abruptly from Kensie and her big smile instantly vanishes. It’s hard to describe in type but it gave me chills. Very creepy exchange. You can clearly see that her affections were for show. 

Remember too when Thomas threw Saint a first birthday party and Kathryn came and was so awkward with her own son?? She barely knew how to hold him. She is just trash. Trash that caused FAS in her own child-unthinkable and indefensible. And I too want to know why Craig and Shep, and later Austen, continued to support her?? How can they defend that? Esp Shep. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 3/19/2021 at 1:45 AM, zenme said:

Has this been confirmed by anyone other than Thomas?

• Love 4

There was a long exchange on this site (during the Ashley season I believe) about the possibility of Saint having FAS. At the time someone posted a picture of Kathryn's brother as a child and he looked strikingly similar to Saint at the same age. At the time I wasn't convinced it was FAS, and as Thomas is a convicted drug dealer and liar, I'm not buying into his version of events on anything. Having said that I don't think either of them are fit parents. Thomas was a fifty year old man with poor decision making skills and not a lot going on these days. No job, pretty much just impregnating whatever random women he sleeps with. I hope that the Ravenel fortunes are extensive because between his drinking, drugs and child support, he's spending quite a bit. Kathryn is someone who probably could have done reasonably well for herself if she had the right influences, but she's instead chosen fame and partying as full-time occupations. She needs therapy and a new set of friends. Unfortunately she's probably not going to get either as long as she continues to be affiliated with this trainwreck.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I don't trust anything Thomas says, but the fact that the court took custody away from the mother and only gave her supervised visitation makes me think there is a lot of truth in his remarks that were backed up by papers and/or testimonies submitted in court.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, divsc said:

I don't trust anything Thomas says, but the fact that the court took custody away from the mother and only gave her supervised visitation makes me think there is a lot of truth in his remarks that were backed up by papers and/or testimonies submitted in court.

No doubt Kathryn is a screwed up mess. I'm just not buying into the story that Thomas is in any better position. I just think he's got more money and better attorneys. My guess is someone who is not Thomas is probably providing the lion's share of day-to-day care for those kids. I don't know if its a nanny or his new lady, but its not him. I mean really, what are the odds that the court takes kids away from the mom and gives them to an unemployed felon who has just had his third child out of wedlock? Trust me if Thomas was one of the two L Ravenel's he's not walking out of court with custody of anybody.

• Love 5
On 4/11/2021 at 11:36 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

If so, I haven't seen it. I can't stand Kathryn, but Thomas isn't anything close to being a reliable narrator. 

Haven't cruised this thread in a long while as I haven't watched for a couple seasons now, but yes, this FAS thing has been thrown around since Saint was born, mostly based on his physical appearance.  He looks exactly like Katherine's brother fwiw.  It is unlikely that Saint's medical record has been made public, unless through some sort of unsealed court record.  Until then, it seems unkind at best and irresponsible at worst, to continue to label him in that way.

I say this while in agreement that those kids would be far, far better off with an entirely different set of parents.  Financial resources do NOT a suitable parent make.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Love 13

Were it not for her very recognizable children (how sad is that?), I wouldn't have a clue who this is.  She has gone down the cosmetic procedure rabbit hole.  I shudder to think what she'll need to do to be able to continue these luxuries once the SC $$ dries up. 

Screenshot (595).png

• Love 4

It’s really sad to see how much plastic surgery she felt the need to get before she’s even 30...she must come from the Kylie Jenner school of thought that more is more. She’s always blowing up her lips and getting fillers/Botox and other assorted treatments, and I just wanna tell her to chill and hold onto whatever natural beauty she has left, because she’s already morphed into an overdone drag queen in most of her recent SC scenes.

• Love 9

She looks like a Vanderpump Rules recruit. Completely plastic face and lips before 30-Kylie J. indeed. Kathryn had such a natural prettiness, how sad that she felt the need to jack up her face like this. She’s lost what made her special. 

• Love 5
On 4/16/2021 at 10:54 PM, divsc said:

I think she also heavily edits her photos.

You'd think she'd learn to edit her legs in the photos as well. They look terrible! Messy fake-tan and bruised. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Not to mention her plastic surgeries. Those boobs weren't freebies. 😀

Kathryn is, and it appears always will be, A Hot Mess. Those poor children. The chaos they have experienced in their short lives is heartbreaking. Sadly, too many children grow up with such self indulgent, useless parents. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Her life is really sad, and yet, I find it hard to be be sympathetic toward her. It makes me uncomfortable to watch her. I think Bravo is really being unkind to her by keeping her on tv. I just don’t think this is going to end well for her, and as much as I don’t like her as a cast member, I don’t want her to keep going from one tragedy to the next. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

Has Kathryn ever discussed her diagnosis?  She reminds me of some of the teen moms from Teen Moms the series.  Jenelle Evans and Amber Portwood come to mind.  Their lives are marked with repeated interpersonal conflict, dysfunctional relationships, long standing mental health crisis, inability to learn from mistakes, self- destructive behavior,  and substance abuse.  Jenelle has publicly stated that she has Borderline Personality Disorder.  Apparently, it’s difficult to treat.  It makes me wonder.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3