Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Dennis: On Her Own!

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has Kathryn ever discussed her diagnosis?  She reminds me of some of the teen moms from Teen Moms the series.  Jenelle Evans and Amber Portwood come to mind.  Their lives are marked with repeated interpersonal conflict, dysfunctional relationships, long standing mental health crisis, inability to learn from mistakes, self- destructive behavior,  and substance abuse.  Jenelle has publicly stated that she has Borderline Personality Disorder.  Apparently, it’s difficult to treat.  It makes me wonder.  

What was Kathryn diagnosed with? I wouldn't rule out bipolar. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

From 2018 - 

Her diagnosis was depression, anxiety, and CPTSD (Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)

southern-charm-star-kathryn-dennis-says-there-is-so-much-stigma-around-mental-health

I've no doubt she has mental health issues, but they do not excuse her adult behavior, and I suspect she's open about mental health to excuse her actions. Because she's always calculating her screen and social media time...

Edited by gingerella
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I wish she'd calculate that platinum blonde hair and those black eyebrows  are NOT attractive together.  Pick one. 

Who has custody of the kids now?  Do we know?

She has supervised visitation, so I assume Thomas has full custody.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Katherine on WWHL last night.  Her face is all chopped up and overly botoxed.  She’s a real ditz.  She and Olivia dressed to the nines in N.Y.C.  Olivia’s Mother in the audience.

There were wearing the high priced call girl collection, it comes with overly long hair extensions.  Katheryn seems to have lost the weight she was carrying when they were filming the show, maybe she is a happier person now?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Katherine was in her normally questionable gear. I was shocked that Olivia was wearing something that looked like a cross between winter prom/slutty elf. She's a pretty girl with a great figure - she needs a stylist, or at least the girl from that boutique that used to dress Katherine from time to time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Katherine was in her normally questionable gear. I was shocked that Olivia was wearing something that looked like a cross between winter prom/slutty elf. She's a pretty girl with a great figure - she needs a stylist, or at least the girl from that boutique that used to dress Katherine from time to time.

My first thought was, green velvet in August!?? 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Olivia seemed to be overly concerned with herself on camera.  She kept looking at herself on the monitor and it was very annoying.

Also, thought it was hilarious that Andy mentioned someone from Summer House referred to Austen as the Honda Civic of male attractiveness!😄

Edited by zenme
  • LOL 9
22 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Katherine was in her normally questionable gear.

I thought she looked positively demure when compared to her clothing choices this season.

She was in a knee length dress with a modest neckline. With her more natural hair color, she looked younger too. I liked the look.

The hair extensions were a bit much for both of them. I wish that trend would die.

maxresdefault.jpg

hq720.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 8/6/2022 at 7:33 AM, snarts said:

With her more natural hair color, she looked younger too. I liked the look.

I’ll never understand why she and other natural redheads insist on ditching their beautiful red hair for harsh blonde hair: it is SO aging and washes them out! Why Kathryn insists on ditching the very color that makes her stand out in a sea of other bland blondes is insane. Hope she keeps this look…minus the fake tan, the drag queen eyelashes, hoochie wardrobe… 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 8/5/2022 at 9:52 AM, kristen111 said:

OMG .. me too.  Velvet?  What about bringing the Mother along? Lol

Her mom is THIRSTY for camera time.  That’s so pathetic to try to latch onto her young daughter’s life on a crappy reality show.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Her mom is THIRSTY for camera time.  That’s so pathetic to try to latch onto her young daughter’s life on a crappy reality show.

I agree.  She probably wanted to go out with the gang in the City like they always do.

• Love 3
On 8/7/2022 at 2:01 PM, Sun-Bun said:

I’ll never understand why she and other natural redheads insist on ditching their beautiful red hair for harsh blonde hair:

Ask other "natural" redheads.  I grew up with auburn hair--redder in the summer.  Over the years I needed a little "help" from chemistry.  After decades, no red shade would "hold;" everything faded very quickly.  My hairdresser(s) and I tried various solutions.  I gave up and gave in to the inevitable and let my natural "color" take over--which turned out to be WHITE!  Red is a difficult color to keep up.   Hey, other Gingers?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Ask other "natural" redheads.  I grew up with auburn hair--redder in the summer.  Over the years I needed a little "help" from chemistry.  Soon no red shade would "hold;" everything faded very quickly.  My hairdresser(s) and I tried various solutions.  I gave up and gave in to the inevitable and let my natural "color" take over--which turned out to be WHITE!  Red is a difficult color to keep up.   Hey, other Gingers?

It's true.  I colored my naturally red/auburn hair for the past 15-20 years, but have used a golden blonde variant with some red added, which would bring out the red undertones.  Just buying or having a stylist use Red #101 will likely look something like this👇, which may be fine for some, but isn't what I would want.  I have now officially jumped off the hair color bandwagon, and am in the process of surrendering to embracing the gray.  It's freeing as hell.

rd hair.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 8/7/2022 at 5:01 PM, Sun-Bun said:

I’ll never understand why she and other natural redheads insist on ditching their beautiful red hair for harsh blonde hair: it is SO aging and washes them out! Why Kathryn insists on ditching the very color that makes her stand out in a sea of other bland blondes is insane. Hope she keeps this look…minus the fake tan, the drag queen eyelashes, hoochie wardrobe… 

Why appearing tanned is so important to Kathryn is a mystery to me.  It doesn’t work for her, especially when it’s done by her.  

• Applause 4
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why appearing tanned is so important to Kathryn is a mystery to me.  It doesn’t work for her, especially when it’s done by her.  

AND, isn't it embarrassing to have Patricia call out Kathryn's TANNER as yet another STAIN on her $45,000 white sofa?  Embrace the pale, Kathryn...

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I believe everyone looks best in their natural skin tone, so I've always disliked the fake tan look on people.  Not only can we tell it's fake, it's hardly ever an attractive fake, like eye make-up or lipstick.  It ends up looking like a mask.

Kathryn is prettiest when she uses a lighter hand with her make-up and no tanner, which is hardly ever.  She's not good at dressing herself, but stores have free personal shoppers who could give her some advice, and any of the women working at any make-up counter anywhere could give her tips and guidance.   Any of the women on this show could help her.  Why doesn't anyone offer to give her a makeover?!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2022 at 6:17 PM, izabella said:

Any of the women on this show could help her.  Why doesn't anyone offer to give her a makeover?!

I think it’s because Kathryn honestly thinks of herself as some Southern fashion icon and embraces her extraness. She hangs with a lot of gay yasssmen who I’m sure pump her up to her face and tell her how “fierce” she is, when in reality they just appreciate the fact that she has no problem gussying herself up like a drag queen. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

She fired.

See the Season 9 speculation thread.

She didn't show up in time for filming or didn't show up at all.

Treated people like shit.

Never had a real job.

What a shock all of this.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

It’s long overdue. Reality TV has done her no favors, nor her poor, darling children.  Of all the cast members of every Bravo franchise, Kathryn has always made me the most uncomfortable to watch. Her interactions with others are strange - that insipid baby voice she uses with men, her outsized anger outbursts, her moping lethargy when attention is focused elsewhere - just weird and not entertaining. 

I actually think Bravo and production kept a lot of her antics quiet over the past 8 seasons. Obviously not showing up and treating people like shit aren’t new behaviors. I think they would’ve continued to overlook her behavior if they thought she could pull in ratings. 

I don’t like Kathryn but she makes me sad. 

• Like 9

Doesn't Thomas have custody most of the time?

They will be fine materially at least if they live with him.

But if she gets partial custody and the kids have to live in some dingy apt., not so great for them.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I guess Kathryn Dennis is finally “on her own!”

I rooted for her for years. Too bad she’s never managed to get her shit together. I feel sorry for her children. 

Same.  She lost me a couple of seasons back, when it became apparent that she was still using, and lashing out at everyone else to explain away her troubles. I get it, that's what addicts do, and I know it's an illness not a character flaw, but those lines ar blurred.

You still have to fix yourself, or at least show you're trying. Spend that cosmetic dermatology/wardrobe/hair money on your brain. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, aghst said:

Doesn't Thomas have custody most of the time?

They will be fine materially at least if they live with him.

But if she gets partial custody and the kids have to live in some dingy apt., not so great for them.

Thomas is a convicted drug dealer with his own drinking/drub issues. The fact that he's less screwed up than Katherine does not mean that those kids will be fine. I think they rolled snake eyes in the craps game of life, and at best they are going to be raised in an environment that's somewhat challenging - maybe not financially, but certainly morally.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

I mean Thomas can hire nannies or baby sitters.

Kathryn might have some dodgy people hanging out at her place.

Even if she has a place.

Kathryn could be drinking a lot or getting high, plus she has the shitty personality and attitude when she was getting those Bravo paychecks, how is she going to be now?

Probably going to be full of grievance.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, aghst said:

I mean Thomas can hire nannies or baby sitters.

Kathryn might have some dodgy people hanging out at her place.

Even if she has a place.

Kathryn could be drinking a lot or getting high, plus she has the shitty personality and attitude when she was getting those Bravo paychecks, how is she going to be now?

Probably going to be full of grievance.

She'll still earn a living.  The internet is full of opportunities, right? Also, there's a lot more bottom-feeding reality television just waiting for someone like Kathryn. Bravo doesn't have a monopoly on that.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing her on Below Deck. See what Captain Lee or Sandy would do with her. She can’t be much worse than some of the stews. Don’t know if she could pass a drug test though. 

I don't know, I think she may be past the point where a couple "God dammits!" and a "she's as worthless as tits on a boar hog" would have any therapeutic value.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

How sad that Ravenel is considered the more fit parent, and Kathryn lost custody. She will see her children every other weekend for a few hours, and they won't be any overnight stays....She was also sued for eviction and she sold furniture, etc. because she had to move. 

It is certainly sad for the children. Kathryn is a train wreck, always has been. People like those two should not procreate. It is just unfair to the children.

• Like 10

I hope Kathryn is not allowed to drive with the children in a car. There was a video showing multiple incidents of her smacking into other cars in parking lots.

14 hours ago, aghst said:

She probably has little use for the kids now, since they didn't land her Thomas as a husband.

And the court refused to assign her obscene amounts of child support, so those kids had less value in her eyes. She won't get anything now because Thomas has sole custody.

At least the children won't be living in squalor and they will receive great educations. I'm hoping Thomas' siblings give them lots of love and attention.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I hope Kathryn is not allowed to drive with the children in a car. There was a video showing multiple incidents of her smacking into other cars in parking lots.

And the court refused to assign her obscene amounts of child support, so those kids had less value in her eyes. She won't get anything now because Thomas has sole custody.

At least the children won't be living in squalor and they will receive great educations. I'm hoping Thomas' siblings give them lots of love and attention.

It's a sad state of affairs when Thomas Ravenel is the better parent.  I do believe he will do right by them in terms of getting the best of everything money can buy, and I do think he loves them and is well-intentioned. I wish him and the children well, and I hope Kathryn pulls herself together.  Being off the show is the best thing for her.  

• Like 5

It's a sad situation when Thomas Ravenel is the best parent. I sure hope that he has his shit together. I feel for the kids.

I also have sympathy for Kathryn, as she's obviously struggling with both mental and substance abuse issues. Hoping she can still maintain a positive presence in the kids lives.

While I agree reality TV isn't the healthiest place for anyone, I worry about the lose of income and where she'll go from here.

• Like 1

It’s a shame that Kathryn, having many opportunities, resources and second chances to get her shit together, threw those away a without really trying. Sad, that her children weren’t important enough to her.  I fear what her rock bottom is, if this isn’t it.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1