Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Dennis: On Her Own!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

All this talk about whether or not Saint has issues, but holy smokes, I think he looks exactly like Kathryn's brother! 

I agree. People pointed that out before when other posters suggested he had FAS, but some people are unconvinced, I guess.

• Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, 2dogmom said:

i'd probably run off the road if i had 2 kids, a psychotic baby dad, and my dear mother was dying.  poor girl. this is so rough, and she never even mentioned it on camera...kept it private and out of any media. 

The fact that she is distracted by her kids and is running off the road is really scary, and I don't think that is normal at all.  I know she is prescribed Adderall (from court documents), and I do wonder if she takes more than directed (as alleged) - that can cause distraction.  

• Love 1

To the point of distracted driving- it can be a nightmare on longer trips with kids in the car. When my daughters were 3 years old and 4 years old, all they had to do is drop a toy or their bottle or something in the back seat and it was kicking & screaming until I got off the highway. My son (now 3) has the same problem. One spring day I failed to zip his jacket up and thankfully was only 3 streets away from home so I pulled over and figured out that's what he wanted. 

That being said- I hope that it wasn't a case of distraction due to texting or phone calls. I feel bad for the kids and about Kathryn's mom's passing. I know Ravenel is a p.o.s. dragging her through the mud for many reasons but it doesn't wipe her issues out. Mental disorders & addiction are serious and kids deserve better. I hope the best for all & wish it to be Kathryn's last season.  

On 8/11/2019 at 4:13 PM, zenme said:

Saint does look like Kathryn’s brother. That’s a nice family pic, and Kathryn looks lovely, although I would like to rub that orange shit off of her. 

I always thought she had vitiligo. I think it was the first season... She was in bed at Thomas' and there was a shot of her and the pigment in her skin was so off on her neck. Not to mention that her lashes looks white at times. 

I feel like she uses the tanner to cover it and that's why her make up is off.

My cousin has it and she is awesome and confident. 

Edited by Thisgirllovespasta
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2019 at 2:49 PM, heatherchandler said:

The fact that she is distracted by her kids and is running off the road is really scary, and I don't think that is normal at all.  I know she is prescribed Adderall (from court documents), and I do wonder if she takes more than directed (as alleged) - that can cause distraction.  

i remember vividly almost driving into another vehicle when my kids were having a fight in the back of my car probably 15 years ago. no phones were involved.   the only thing i could do was turn in my car and get a minivan to separate them. it worked , sucked to give up my car... but in my case the physical separation was necessary.

• Love 3

i looked like a FAS baby, i'm 100% caucasian/ scandianavian with asian looking eyes.. some people just look that way.  my son looked the same way.  funnything neither of my parents have that trait nor did my grandparents. i should get my dna tested!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct thread but my comment is regarding Kathryn, Patricia and  Whitney.

I think the reason Whitney won't admit he slept with Kathryn is because his mommy (Patricia) doesn't like Kathryn. 

2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

think the reason Whitney won't admit he slept with Kathryn is because his mommy (Patricia) doesn't like Kathryn. 

Patricia and Kathryn now even hang out when they aren’t filming. When Kathryn was in LA when said hookup occurred she was staying at a hotel with Patricia.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Patricia and Kathryn now even hang out when they aren’t filming. When Kathryn was in LA when said hookup occurred she was staying at a hotel with Patricia.

So is it NOT true that Whitney and Kathryn "hooked up"?  I'm a relatively new viewer of Southern Charm, and I'm absolutely loving it! However, I'm still naive/ignorant of many things!  Sorry!

I’m watching Pat’s fancy party now. What in the hell is Kathryn wearing and why?! She looks like a cheap hooker with that “outfit” and that horrible wig. Good grief, girl. Buy a mirror!

• Love 3

It's RO so...

grain of salt.jpg

kathryn-dennis-and-thomas-ravenel-custody-details

If the following is true, this seems to me like it will cause never ending tumult to the family and any possibility of civil co-parenting:  The court documents read, “Either parent may request ETG testing of the other at any time when the parent has the children (for example – at the end of their parenting time).”

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

She looks lovely here.

Yes, she does. Why can’t she dress like that (a lady) all of the time?

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's RO so...

grain of salt.jpg

kathryn-dennis-and-thomas-ravenel-custody-details

If the following is true, this seems to me like it will cause never ending tumult to the family and any possibility of civil co-parenting:  The court documents read, “Either parent may request ETG testing of the other at any time when the parent has the children (for example – at the end of their parenting time).”

What does ETG testing mean? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

A urine test for alcohol. Despite the headline it seems to be the same as their previous agreement. The reason they were back in court is Kathryn filed for sole custody when he got arrested, he countersued based on her breaking a few provisions of the custody agreement and it seems that nothing as really changed.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

A urine test for alcohol. Despite the headline it seems to be the same as their previous agreement. The reason they were back in court is Kathryn filed for sole custody when he got arrested, he countersued based on her breaking a few provisions of the custody agreement and it seems that nothing as really changed.

It's a temporary order since Thomas filed an emergency injunction, the final custody ruling is still pending 

The biggest change is that Kathryn is now able to order Thomas to submit to drug/alcohol testing (about time IMO).  The judge also issued some strict rules for both parties.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

"The EtG test, properly known as Ethyl Glucuronide is a metabolite produced from drinking alcohol and is used to detect alcohol levels in urine. It is being used by courts and probation departments as a way of testing if people are drinking."

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
Sorry for the redundant post.
  • Useful 2

Oh Kathryn!!  So wrong.  She's so self-conscious about it too.  WHY wear it?!

Bringing this quote over from the episode thread.  Kathryn chooses these attention seeking outfits but then it appears she feels horribly self-conscious when she's out in public.  She shrinks and skulks as if to say....don't look at me.  I don't understand it at all.  It seems to me a person with a larger than life personality would choose attention grabbing clothes and wear them with pride!  Unfortunately, poor Kathryn appears to have little to none in the personality category.  I wish she'd dress in something more comfortable for herself and for the sake of those around her.  

• Love 9
On 8/18/2019 at 6:34 PM, Gam2 said:

I think she looks lovely.  With those stupid hair extensions out she looks classy.  And OMG her son looks just like her, especially when they smile.  The daughter, unfortunately, looks like Thomas.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Me as well.

Count me amongst you — along all of those harlot bridesmaids in their fug strapless frocks. I thought the dress was cute and for Kathryn, I'm just glad it wasn't pleather with see-through side panels, heh. It's a nice pic. 

Kensie is such a gorgeous girl. I think about how weird it will be for kids like Kensie — kids known to reality TV audiences because of their parents — when they grow up and can watch the ass-hattery of those who bore them, but then I realized that there are so many of these shows and so many kids who star on their reality TV parents' Instagrams, that it will probably be perfectly normal to everyone, lol. (It's like my friends' kids who, when I say their name, their automatic reaction is to look at me and smile for a picture. And I'm like, take it easy, Junior. I just need you to get me something from the fridge.) There can be a reality show about the kids from old reality shows — and their kids. And so on, and so on, and so on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

there are so many of these shows and so many kids who star on their reality TV parents' Instagrams, that it will probably be perfectly normal to everyone, lol.

Alana/Honey Boo Boo comes to mind. She’s still a young girl and is living with her older sister since her mother is a drug addict who dates pedophiles.

When Kensie and Saint see their parents’ drunken and drug-fueled escapades from videos or recorded TV shows, I hope they have good counseling and someone objective to look after them.

What these people do to their children will never be considered normal by me.

• Love 7

Does anyone here know precisely how Kathryn is related to Vice President John Calhoun?   I got bored and did a brief genealogical search of her family.  Although she did descend from someone named John Calhoun, he was not the vice president.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

Does anyone here know precisely how Kathryn is related to Vice President John Calhoun?   I got bored and did a brief genealogical search of her family.  Although she did descend from someone named John Calhoun, he was not the vice president.

Interesting it's funny if true because that’s one of the reasons Thomas deemed her acceptable even though VP John Calhoun was a horrible dude.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

According to Wikipedia, John C Calhoun had 10 kids and 7 of them survived.  He probably has hundreds of descendants in South Carolina and the surrounding area.  It is possible that she is one of them.  

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

According to Wikipedia, John C Calhoun had 10 kids and 7 of them survived.  He probably has hundreds of descendants in South Carolina and the surrounding area.  It is possible that she is one of them.  

When I traced the male lineage of the Calhoun name, it does not return to Vice President Calhoun but a man name John Calhoun (1804-1865.)   He is neither the VP nor one of the VP's sons -- VP Calhoun's namesake son, John Caldwell Calhoun Jr, was a physician (1823-1855).   Kathryn's John Calhoun was the son of a Scottish born man named Archibald Colquhoun (1753-1828).  I can't find any connection between the Scottish Archibald Colquhouns and the Irish Patrick Calhouns (i.e. VP Calhoun's father).

It is possible that a female direct descendant of JCC married into either the Dennis family (Kathryn's father's side) or the coincidentally but misleadingly named Calhoun family (her mother's side).  

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Interesting it's funny if true because that’s one of the reasons Thomas deemed her acceptable even though VP John Calhoun was a horrible dude.

Calhoun was horrible.   Even President Jackson hated him and wanted him hanged for treason (but not over his slavery stance).

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2019 at 10:34 PM, TruffleHog said:

When I traced the male lineage of the Calhoun name, it does not return to Vice President Calhoun but a man name John Calhoun (1804-1865.)   He is neither the VP nor one of the VP's sons -- VP Calhoun's namesake son, John Caldwell Calhoun Jr, was a physician (1823-1855).   Kathryn's John Calhoun was the son of a Scottish born man named Archibald Colquhoun (1753-1828).  I can't find any connection between the Scottish Archibald Colquhouns and the Irish Patrick Calhouns (i.e. VP Calhoun's father).

It is possible that a female direct descendant of JCC married into either the Dennis family (Kathryn's father's side) or the coincidentally but misleadingly named Calhoun family (her mother's side).  

Calhoun was horrible.   Even President Jackson hated him and wanted him hanged for treason (but not over his slavery stance).

She is related to the John C. Calhoun V.P.  I do believe a great grandmother or great great grandma married into the family so she isn't a direct, straight down the line father son, type of descendant but still it's enough to impress Whitney.  I remember in S1 Whit was bragging to one of his friends or relatives that she was related the the former V.P. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

She is related to the John C. Calhoun V.P.  I do believe a great grandmother or great great grandma married into the family so she isn't a direct, straight down the line father son, type of descendant but still it's enough to impress Whitney.  I remember in S1 Whit was bragging to one of his friends or relatives that she was related the the former V.P. 

An article on the Bustle doesn’t make it true especially because it says she is a direct descendant and it doesn’t have any info on it. The fact that she is also related to a completely different John Calhoun makes me suspicious that she isn’t actually related to the VP. Was Whitney going on about I only remember Thomas going on about it, either way it’s funny as hell if it’s not true!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Are you saying that a great (+) grandmother who was a direct descendant of VP Calhoun married into another family also named  Calhoun but was unrelated to the the VP?   Kathryn's late mother was a "Calhoun".  It is her lineage that I have been tracing, but it is possible that the name "Calhoun" is simply a red herring and has nothing to do with her actual relationship to the VP.   

It is also possible that they were never related.  Perhaps upon seeing the name 'John Calhoun' in the family tree, a more recent ancestor of Kathryn assumed that they were one and the same.   It became part of the family lore, an unfounded rumor taken as fact and perpetuated by subsequent generations.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Was Whitney going on about I only remember Thomas going on about it, either way it’s funny as hell if it’s not true!

Thomas definitely made a big deal about it.   If Whitney ever brought it up, I must have missed it.  Besides, Whitney would probably be far too conscious of the fact that Calhoun was on the 'wrong side of history' to be impressed by any connection Kathryn might have to him.

Come to think of it, has Kathryn ever claimed that relation herself?  Or does she just simply not deny it when others like the Bustle author make the claim.

• Love 1

Kathryn is selling some of her baubles and bling over on her Instagram. Mostly costume jewelry at absurd prices. 

Nice of Bravo to give her free advertising so that she can unload all that crap. 

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/home-design/kathryn-dennis-selling-furniture-on-instagram-stories-why

And by “furniture” Bravo means one rickety chair, one brass bar cart, and a metric shit ton of crappy jewelry.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, TruffleHog said:

has Kathryn ever claimed that relation herself?  Or does she just simply not deny it when others like the Bustle author make the claim.

She definitely mentioned it on the show.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

Are you saying that a great (+) grandmother who was a direct descendant of VP Calhoun married into another family also named  Calhoun but was unrelated to the the VP?   Kathryn's late mother was a "Calhoun".  It is her lineage that I have been tracing, but it is possible that the name "Calhoun" is simply a red herring and has nothing to do with her actual relationship to the VP.   

It is also possible that they were never related.  Perhaps upon seeing the name 'John Calhoun' in the family tree, a more recent ancestor of Kathryn assumed that they were one and the same.   It became part of the family lore, an unfounded rumor taken as fact and perpetuated by subsequent generations.

I think a great grandmother married into the Calhoun name (V.P Calhoun).  Her mother married out of the Calhouns to a Dennis....it's all confusing but according to Bravo it's true

I can't put my hands on the video of Whitney talking about it but it was back during season 1 after she had apparently spent the night and Patricia found her clothes in his room...

4 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think a great grandmother married into the Calhoun name (V.P Calhoun).  Her mother married out of the Calhouns to a Dennis....it's all confusing but according to Bravo it's true

I can't put my hands on the video of Whitney talking about it but it was back during season 1 after she had apparently spent the night and Patricia found her clothes in his room...

Eh Bravo is just repeating information that Kathryn states on the show. The poster was able to trace her back her mother’s family which is more evidence than Bravo provided.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

The family lore stuff is probably the truth.  I grew up hearing that my grandmother was related to the Secretary of the Treasury during Thomas Jefferson's administration, Albert Gallatin.  Same last name, family from the same area of western Pennsylvania where Albert had a home.  Like my great-great-grandfather lived across the river from Albert's estate.  He, his father, and his grandfather are all buried in the area.  But, no one can prove we are directly related.  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The family lore stuff is probably the truth.  I grew up hearing that my grandmother was related to the Secretary of the Treasury during Thomas Jefferson's administration, Albert Gallatin.  Same last name, family from the same area of western Pennsylvania where Albert had a home.  Like my great-great-grandfather lived across the river from Albert's estate.  He, his father, and his grandfather are all buried in the area.  But, no one can prove we are directly related.  

Yeah I think a lot of these type of stories were much more common before DNA testing and online ancestry database it used to be you had to be super into genealogy and put a lot of time, resources and energy and researching these things but nowadays there is a lot even those with a casual interest can discover. I mean there is still a lot more areas to develop and you can still spend a lot of time but you can literally do a lot from your home computer that would have taken years to discover previously.

• Love 2

Sounds like cousins got married at some point way back when. And it shows how ignorant of history Whitney and Thomas are to think that bragging about VP Calhoun is something to be proud of.

I just remember the shutters falling off Kathryn’s family’s home and the yard looking like crap. They don’t have the money to keep it up, apparently.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4