Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Dennis: On Her Own!

• Start Topic

On 7/16/2018 at 7:06 PM, zenme said:

I recall in season 1 she was dressing. Her feet look like they belong on the Crypt Keeper, only longer. So they belong on a tall Crypt Keeper. He's been in the business longer so I bet his feet would be pedicured prior to filming.

As I am reading these posts, I am thinking... "Really?" Are we stooping to mani-pedi shaming? Wow you all must be so well kempt as I wouldn't dare pass judgement in case a photo of me suddenly became public.

• Love 9

So with the demise of Ashley and Thomas’ Love story, I guess Katherine was right at the party when she said Ashley wouldn’t be around for long.  I think I am just glad Ashley isn’t around the children for any period of time anymore.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, b2H said:

So with the demise of Ashley and Thomas’ Love story, I guess Katherine was right at the party when she said Ashley wouldn’t be around for long.  I think I am just glad Ashley isn’t around the children for any period of time anymore.

Really - it’s scary enough that TRave is around the kids half the time!

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, b2H said:

#byeashley

I'm not yet ready to assume that Ashley is out of our picture.  Based on her Instagram, it would appear that she is still in the Charleston area, so either she is sticking around for a role of some sort, or she doesn't want to return to California with her tail between her legs.  Knowing Bravo as we do, they may have concluded that she's just too messy to let her go?  Drama=ratings.

We shall see.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

She looks so much younger and fresher without the makeup from the Emmit Kelley Clown Collection. 

Agreed.

As an ancient 40-something, I had to snort at “On Embracing Her Age.”  Yeah, at 26 that’s tough stuff.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Holy cow the stuff she uses on her face is VERY expensive!

Ooooh, what is it?  I'm super nosy.

The article quotes CereVe which I use and buy regularly from Walgreens in a pump bottle.  Not dirt cheap, but not at all pricey.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, TaxNerd said:

The article quotes CereVe which I use and buy regularly from Walgreens in a pump bottle.  Not dirt cheap, but not at all pricey.

It also mentions Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum which is usually around $100 for a small bottle though you don’t use a lot.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Agreed.

As an ancient 40-something, I had to snort at “On Embracing Her Age.”  Yeah, at 26 that’s tough stuff.

Right? I think it was Dorothy Zbornak who said at that age you don’t even have to be pretty to be pretty. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

The Trish McEvoy serum she mentions runs $130 for a 1 oz. bottle.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

https://people.com/home/southern-charm-kathryn-dennis-launching-kids-furniture-line/

Southern Charm's Kathryn Dennis is Launching a Line of Kids Furniture Named After Her Children

That’s just so...random for her. She’s never really shown much of an interest in interior design or furniture on the show or otherwise; wonder who came along and nudged her toward this? Lest we forget this is the same gal in season 2 or 3 who begged T-Rav to come over and put together some of Kensie’s furniture back in the day...and I remember her having that same ridiculously expensive plexiglass crib like Jay-Z and Beyoncé had for Blue Ivy too...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Well, from looking at the clothes she picks out for herself, I cannot imagine her having anything for kids that I’d want mine having.

Her personal style is definitely...eccentric.  She's fortunate that she photographs really well, which helps to take the attention off of the bizarre styling.  She's a beautiful woman imo, and I wish she would dress more for her age.  

• Love 4

After spending however long with His Majesty and what we witnessed in the last season or two with His Majesty, I think she takes her rightful place in the MeToo movement.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Somebody please tell her, when you have a 7 finger forhead, light bangs are your friend.

She’s beautiful as is - bangs would kill the elegant look.

• Love 10

Wow, that is powerful stuff. I wish her and the children all the best going forward.  Curious if the negative posters on this board know her personally or something? It just seems so weird to me to invest in continually tearing down a young woman from a tv show who seems to be heading the right direction? What motivates that? We all watched the same show.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Somebody please tell her, when you have a 7 finger forhead, light bangs are your friend.

She didn't exactly shoot this picture herself, like on her Instagram.  She had a hair and makeup team that took care of how she looks in the photo and a professional photographer to take the shot.   This is a photo for national publication.  Apparently, the staff felt this picture captured her and who she is and was more than suitable for the article.

• Love 5

I can wish Kathryn and her children well and still not like her as a reality tv cast member. I say this with all the sincerity of an anonymous stalker: I am truly glad that she is sober, that she has reagained custody of her children and that they are thriving, and that she seems to have reached an impressive level of stability. I just don’t find her engaging, other than when her hair, makeup, and fashion sense provide unintentional hilarity. Even though she’s less offensive now than she was when she and Thomas were together, (and apart...and together...and apart...and together x 500) I still find her ridiculous. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, nexxie said:

I like this group - nice to see them be supportive and have fun together.

I like that she’s dressed-down but still chic, with no (little?) makeup. They all look great. I also like this group having fun together!

Edited by link417
Fixed a thing
  • Love 10
On 7/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn’s treatment of Jennifer was the lowest form of low. She has no empathy for anyone but herself, and as others have noted, she isn’t very affectionate with her own children. Don’t know if that’s the drugs to keep her off alcohol, or just how she is day-to-day.

I doubt if viewers will get to see the true nature of Kathryn's relationship with her children. When you have your children taken away from you, and then you're expected to jump through rehab and parenting hoops while your ex and his skanks shred what little is left of your reputation, fear of further loss will colour every action/ decision you make. And she's powerless over the media and must dread being misrepresented (like what we probably do on on this forum, lol). What's the saying for Kathryn in 2017? "Can't win for losing"? She has jumped through every hoop, and you can see her physically making a concentrated effort to stay calm and low-key around her kids when there's an audience. God forbid, she look 'crazy' (whatever Thomas figures that looks like)? Now that T-Rav has been blindsided by karma, Kathryn will finally be able to exhale and be the mom she wanted to be. However, Thomas interrupted that original mother bond she was experiencing - It's hard to regain it when there's no trust. Kids don't know if they can trust her to not leave, Kathryn can't trust whether she'll be punished because someone is helping Thomas set her up again. I am happy for Kathryn at present and wish her luck in getting back to that original bonding she had felt when she gave birth. Thomas OWES her! He talked nonstop about wanting children before she entered the picture, and she gave him two children within four years when she was too freaking young. Not once has he acknowledged what she went through and how very lonely and depressed she was. He dismissed her after he used her up. How dare he? Grrrr!!!!!

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Wardrobe is provided by the show.

Do you mean the clothes they wear during the show? There's no way all their wardrobe for the instagram pictures are going to be paid for.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:21 PM, link417 said:

I like that she’s dressed-down but still chic, with no (little?) makeup. They all look great. I also like this group having fun together!

You are so right - It's like we're seeing both ends of the spectrum. Glammed to the max Kat, and hanging with the family Kat. She's looked good since the first time I saw her on the screen. She's always looked stylish.

• Love 7
On 10/17/2018 at 8:58 AM, Heathrowe said:

Wow, that is powerful stuff. I wish her and the children all the best going forward.  Curious if the negative posters on this board know her personally or something? It just seems so weird to me to invest in continually tearing down a young woman from a tv show

Thank you!!! You've been reading my mind for the last 15 minutes. What is up with the snarks - the attacks are so 'personal' they are longer fit our usual viewer snark? (Because as viewers, we don't know, or prioritize whether her clothing was comped?) I thought that for her to be an style 'influencer', she has to wear the clothing specific brands hope to sell. Is this now a bad thing?

• Love 6
On 10/7/2018 at 7:55 PM, Luciano said:

Kathryn's Insta Stories today are eye-opening. There are a couple of more, all talking about DV.

Did anyone else not question why Whitney and the boys were so quick to slut shame this very young Kathryn who clearly didn't have a clue that only men were supposed to enjoy sex whenever they felt the need. She didn't get the memo that this show is stuck in the 50s. She attended the hunting lodge weekend as Thomas's date, deciding he was the one she had settled on, and these guys all deemed her 'spoiled goods' for sleeping with 3 of them within a time line. Of course Whitney didn't mention that they all had aggressively pursued her, knowing she didn't have a clue yet about their reputations. Remember when Craig was so angry with Shep because Craig had been raving about Kat and then Shep jumped his territory. Does anyone remember those 'heady days' when all the men were going ga ga for Katherine? LOL This is when I want Naomi to speak up for everyone who's been called out, because she knows about the "Old Boys Club" and how it's rotten to the core. And ladies - do not slut shame each other. Support each other, Gawd!!!!! To enjoy a good, fun romp while looking for that fellow you hope will be the 'one' is OKAY so long as there's no abuse of power involved, and you are careful. Slut-shaming is like telling a woman she can only look at wedding dresses, not actually try them on until she gets "that" feeling. She tried on 3 dresses, on the same day?! What a W.D. tramp. Come on, ladies!! (Now that we've seen years of Thomas and Shep in action, I wonder if Kat's first time with each of them was more Kathryn just going along because she knew she ended up in the wrong place (location wise), and there wasn't going to be any rescue in sight. She made the best of a bad situation and has survived to tell the tale, lol.)

Edited by Chalby
Forgot to delete graphic
  • Love 8
On 8/16/2018 at 4:25 PM, TaxNerd said:

I am nosy too. But that's why Kathryn was talking about becoming an 'influencer'. Thanks to instagram etc. "influencer" is what all the millennial fashionistas want to do for employment - you can just be seen, on your hours, advertising your clients products. Perfect job! I love following some of the popular Beauty Influencers' instagrams to see the latest products. I'm so jealous for being born too early for this career, lol.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:04 AM, RedHawk said:

So Kathryn has satisfied the requirements to get 50-50 custody of her children. Some posters in the past gave details of the publicly available court documents that IIRC said that Kathryn also had to pay child support to Thomas because he had primary custody. Now that they have 50-50 custody, does anyone know how that has changed the financial arrangement? 

I find it interesting that Kathryn cannot use what Thomas promised her pre-baby, on the show in front of all us. He told her outright he would financially take care of her and the child if she found herself. She would never have to worry. So what is this she should pay and he's just ensuring every step is difficult for her.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2018 at 3:22 PM, biakbiak said:

He was State Treasurer a political position that he won in election for before he went to prison. 

I need to read up more on the guy. (He always sounds so stunned). I thought this was a token position because of his father. So he really earned/ worked towards that position? Wow...

3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I need to read up more on the guy. (He always sounds so stunned). I thought this was a token position because of his father. So he really earned/ worked towards that position? Wow...

It's a statewide elected position. I'm sure his family name helped, but there's no way he could have been elected without a little hustle on his part. State Treasurer isn't as important as the Comptroller, but it's not a nothing position either.

The treasurer is responsible for the investment, cash management, and safekeeping of the state's general and restricted funds and assets of the state's retirement systems.

• Love 4
On 11/7/2018 at 9:23 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Wardrobe is provided by the show.

Since when? The NY housewives held out on their contracts a few years ago just to get a bump to cover makeup and wardrobe since they were responsible for their own.  I doubt this particular production has the budget to cover wardrobe - even for small children.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Just telling you what I’ve been told. A friend was on the show and he told me that they gave him suits, shirts, ties to pick through.

Main cast or cast-adjacent/background person?  

• Love 2