Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Dennis: On Her Own!

• Start Topic

On 5/2/2023 at 10:27 AM, pasdetrois said:

I hope Kathryn is not allowed to drive with the children in a car. There was a video showing multiple incidents of her smacking into other cars in parking lots.

And the court refused to assign her obscene amounts of child support, so those kids had less value in her eyes. She won't get anything now because Thomas has sole custody.

At least the children won't be living in squalor and they will receive great educations. I'm hoping Thomas' siblings give them lots of love and attention.

Having kids was a mercenary move for Kathryn...

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
(edited)
On 5/2/2023 at 12:04 PM, zenme said:

It's a sad state of affairs when Thomas Ravenel is the better parent. 

At least in the eyes of the law!

On 5/2/2023 at 6:56 PM, aghst said:

Best thing is if Thomas is an absentee father who delegates to nannies while he's busy chasing young women.

That's what he is, and that's what he does.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6

This is so sad.  Katherine is responsible for her own choices; however, I do feel that meeting Thomas was one of the worst things that could have ever happened to her.  I believe that relationship screwed up the entire trajectory of her future on so many levels, even outside of the existence of the kids.   

I remember how clear-eyed and level-headed she was after rehab - you could see the physical change in her.  I hope she eventually gets herself back to that place.  In the meantime, at least the kids won't have to worry about basic needs such as having a roof over their heads and food to eat and some sort of consistency in their lives.  I also hope Thomas steps up and finally GROWS up to be a stable dad.

• Like 5

If it wasn't Thomas it would probably have been someone else.

Remember she went after Shep and Whitney too, slept with them but didn't bother with Craig, who didn't have money.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, aghst said:

If it wasn't Thomas it would probably have been someone else.

Remember she went after Shep and Whitney too, slept with them but didn't bother with Craig, who didn't have money.

Like the gold digger that she is.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, mandymax said:

This is so sad.  Katherine is responsible for her own choices; however, I do feel that meeting Thomas was one of the worst things that could have ever happened to her.  I believe that relationship screwed up the entire trajectory of her future on so many levels, even outside of the existence of the kids.   

I remember how clear-eyed and level-headed she was after rehab - you could see the physical change in her.  I hope she eventually gets herself back to that place.  In the meantime, at least the kids won't have to worry about basic needs such as having a roof over their heads and food to eat and some sort of consistency in their lives.  I also hope Thomas steps up and finally GROWS up to be a stable dad.

Thomas was almost 50 when he and Katherine got together. There is no growing up, just growing old. His relationship with Ashley and the mother of his other child reflect that he hasn't wised up, he's just continued to do what he was doing with no thought to consequences. My guess is that his kids will be raised with the same lack of consequences and the same reverence for their family name that allowed their dad to believe he could sell drugs while serving as the Treasurer for the state and get away with it. Whether or not Katherine gets sober, those kids are more likely to be on a trajectory similar to Paul Murdaugh based on the culture of wealthy families in SC. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I'm linking this here, but it should be noted that a different article about the same incident said that officials had not yet confirmed that the vehicle's owner was the Southern Charm personality. More to come, I'm sure. From the Charleston, SC local ABC affiliate:

Berkeley Co. deputy injured in hit-and-run while directing school traffic: vehicle registered to Kathryn Dennis

BERKELEY COUNTY, S.C. (WCIV) — A Berkeley County deputy is dealing with injuries after being struck by a vehicle Friday morning.

The deputy was directing traffic at 7:30 a.m. at Whitesville Elementary School on Gaillard Road in Moncks Corner when she was struck in what is being reported as a hit-and-run collision.

Highway Patrol says the vehicle was found at the registered owner's home. The vehicle is registered to Kathryn Dennis, of Moncks Corner.

The deputy was transported to a local area hospital. And the injuries are considered non-life threatening.

Currently, the South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating the collision as a hit-and-run.

The deputy serves as a School Resource Officer.

• Mind Blown 7

The fact they haven't arrested her or even issued an arrest warrant makes me wonder if someone else was driving her car. I have a hard time seeing Kathryn out & about at 7:30am. 

This line from multiple news reports is what struck me as odd: The driver of the suspect vehicle did not stop at the scene of the crash but was later located at the registered owner’s address.

Anyone know who she's dating?

Edited by snarts
  • Like 4
18 hours ago, snarts said:

The fact they haven't arrested her or even issued an arrest warrant makes me wonder if someone else was driving her car. I have a hard time seeing Kathryn out & about at 7:30am. 

This line from multiple news reports is what struck me as odd: The driver of the suspect vehicle did not stop at the scene of the crash but was later located at the registered owner’s address.

Anyone know who she's dating?

Based on this wording, the car belonged to Katherine but she was not driving. 

• Like 2

I think it’s highly probable that Kathryn was the driver but t!me will tell. My guess is that they are accumulating evidence to figure out exactly who to charge and for what. 

I have never liked Kathryn as a cast member but holy shit this is sad. 

• Like 5

This story implies that Craig and Shep think Kathryn was driving the car. They are supportive but Craig says "We hope she works her stuff out." Second link says police report identified Kathern as the suspect. "White female with blonde hair."

Craig Conover Reveals Kathryn Dennis Filmed 'Southern Charm' Season 9 (people.com)

(9) BREAKING | Southern Charm Stars Police Report Released! - YouTube

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

This story implies that Craig and Shep think Kathryn was driving the car. They are supportive but Craig says "We hope she works her stuff out." Second link says police report identified Kathern as the suspect. "White female with blonde hair."

Craig Conover Reveals Kathryn Dennis Filmed 'Southern Charm' Season 9 (people.com)

Can you please link the People article? 

They were coached to say those things about Kathryn by Bravo PR.

So Bravo doesn't want to rule her out from returning, just in case the ratings dive without the stupid manufactured drama that she engages in.

• Like 2
On 11/26/2023 at 6:41 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Yes, it was Kathryn driving the car after all. Thomas said that she doesn't bother to see her kids.

6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Yes, it was Kathryn driving the car after all. Thomas said that she doesn't bother to see her kids.

It sounds like she is deep into substance abuse. It's surprising she lasted on the show as long as she did. 

• Like 2
On 11/30/2023 at 12:26 AM, ZettaK said:

Yes, it was Kathryn driving the car after all. Thomas said that she doesn't bother to see her kids.

Has she been charged or arrested?

And, although I don't doubt she's not seeing the kids, I refuse to believe a word that Thomas says. His past behavior, including moving 2+ hours away from Charleston, shows that he doesn't want her to be a part of their lives. 

• Like 2

The actual video of the accident is here. It's worth watching. The vehicle is definitely flying but it appears that the crossing guard both swung her stop sign at the vehicle and wasn't knocked down.

Wondering if she'd be lawyered up and out talking to the media were it not Kathryn's vehicle that was involved?

Not buying or selling here, but the police did go to the residence and talk to Kathryn after the incident. To date, she's not been charged or arrested. The driver description was female with dirty blond hair. Kathryn's hair is red again (though definitely not as vibrant as it's been previously). She's reported living with her cousin & other friends so until she's charged, not sure one should assume she was the driver. 

• Useful 1

Maybe the law varies in different states but if you hit someone with a car, you have to stop, can't leave the scene.

If her car was identified by witnesses, not because Kathryn came forward, it can't be good for her.

• Like 1

@aghst agree that whoever was driving was legally obligated to stop. Kathryn is the registered owner of the vehicle but it's unclear whether she was the driver. Just noting that the accident happened at 7:30am. Police went to her current residence that very morning and interviewed her. Six weeks later and no charges/arrests

17 hours ago, snarts said:

@aghst agree that whoever was driving was legally obligated to stop. Kathryn is the registered owner of the vehicle but it's unclear whether she was the driver. Just noting that the accident happened at 7:30am. Police went to her current residence that very morning and interviewed her. Six weeks later and no charges/arrests

I agree and these statements from the article make this article and reporting seem very much suspect:

Kathryn’s been designated as the “suspect” owner and was reportedly “arrested” following the October 20 occurrence, according to documents obtained by Radar.

Note the use of quotation marks. The author is trying hard not to slip into defamation territory.

No charges have been filed against Kathryn by the South Carolina Highway Patrol – yet.

This directly contradicts the "arrested" comment earlier in the article as you can't be arrested for a crime and not be charged with that crime. Also, while the deputy might claim that she doesn't know Katheryn, how is it possible that this was pick up/drop off at the school where her kids attend, and not one other adult present (parents/staff) could identify her as the person that dropped off the kids? Someone else surely knows who she is. 

• Useful 1
53 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I agree and these statements from the article make this article and reporting seem very much suspect:

Note the use of quotation marks. The author is trying hard not to slip into defamation territory.

This directly contradicts the "arrested" comment earlier in the article as you can't be arrested for a crime and not be charged with that crime. Also, while the deputy might claim that she doesn't know Katheryn, how is it possible that this was pick up/drop off at the school where her kids attend, and not one other adult present (parents/staff) could identify her as the person that dropped off the kids? Someone else surely knows who she is. 

I thought it was on the school grounds, too, which would limit it to parents dropping off their kid(s), but after reading the article, it sounds like it was a crossing guard on a road, so it presumably could’ve been anyone passing through town.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I thought it was on the school grounds, too, which would limit it to parents dropping off their kid(s), but after reading the article, it sounds like it was a crossing guard on a road, so it presumably could’ve been anyone passing through town.

I thought TRav sends his kids to private school.  Sounds like she was just driving through a school zone and hit a passing guard.  You have to drive at a very low speed in such a zone.  "Someone" must have been distracted or incapacitated in some way...maybe on a phone?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1