Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E24: Unicorn Poop

druzy
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, FlickerInTheNight said:

I always have issues with people who get angry about anything involving bodily functions.  This includes people who lose it when dogs piss or poop in the house as well as people who get angry while potty training or dealing with children and their bathroom habits.  You are in control of whether or not they even CAN go to the bathroom because you are the caretaker and to stand there and start yelling when there's an accident just drives me nuts.  My brother constantly starts in on me for not disciplining my dog when he pees in the house.  Well, he rarely does it.  In fact, he's pretty spot on about not doing it.  So if he does, chances are there's an issue and it's my fault for not noticing since he's pretty good about telling me when he needs to go out.  Why on earth should I discipline HIM because I didn't get off my ass to take him out?  Do you wait when you have to go to the bathroom?  It's the same thing with a child.  Get up off your ass and take them to the bathroom.  I don't care if it's the 14th time they've said it in a 20 minute time span.  Don't start yelling about how they're gonna get in trouble.  WTF?  Kaiser is gonna grow up getting UTI after UTI because he holds it.

The first time I was glad that my now ex-husband had moved out of the house was when my dog had a bout of diarrhea in the middle of the night, unbeknowst to me until the morning.  It was bad enough to be cleaning it up but when I thought about how my ex would be yelling about it, which achieves nothing other than making both me and dog upset, and how we were being spared that - it at least put a smile on my face.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

And she was upset that the supervisor for the visits was going to be Chris's aunt!  She wanted a non-biased third party?  For what??  He is allowed to see his kid. 

I didn’t understand that either and it seems like people agreed it should be a third party...I don’t understand why. It’s not like it’s the situation with the Linds where Adam has proven to be a shitty, dangerous, drug using and neglectful father and it’s been shown that his parents don’t follow the rules for supervising his visits. That’s why Adam’s vists are now at a visitation center, with a third party. There’s no known reason why Chris’ aunt shouldn’t be allowed to supervise. Adam has a record a mile long and a history of not taking care of his children and he was still able to have his family supervise until recently. I’m assuming the reason they even decided to agree to supervised visits with Chris in the beginning is because Chris has little experience on his own with a baby, not because he’s been found unfit to parent in general. Plus, who would this “neutral” person be? And what are they being “neutral” about, exactly? This is just Kailyn wanting control, imo.

• Love 23

Count me in as one who doesn't understand why Chris needs his time with Lil Soapy supervised? If he was nervous about spending time with a newborn, I'm sure his mom or someone would have been happy to show him the ropes. Did Kail need to be supervised when she spent time alone with Isaac when he was brand new? No. It's just another way for her to punish him for not wanting to be with her.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

If that is the story I am thinking about, it makes me feel physically ill.  The one girl was singled out by the mother and she was tortured and had to live in the basement. 

Close. Sylvia Likens and her disabled sister were placed with Gertrude Baniszewski in Indianapolis by their parents, who were traveling carnival folk. When the girls' parents didn't send money as promised Baniszewski started abusing Sylvia and encouraged her children to abuse and torture  Sylvia and random youths from the neighborhood to abuse and torture Sylvia. People went to jail but they all got out https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/features/looking-back-indianas-infamous-crime-50-years-later/   but everyone is so right that having one child in the family singled out for particular abuse is so textbook. Poor Kai.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Just because she considered adoption doesn't mean she doesn't love her kid. I actually think considering adoption in her situation was the mature thing to do. And while Brianna is a train wreck in many respects and the Coven is awful, I can't say Brianna is not a reasonably decent mother. She seems to pawn her kids off on other people less than some of the others, and she seems loving towards them and she pays attention. And Brianna is one of the few people on the show who actually seems to have a real JOB.  I suspect she stirred the shit with Kail because she knows she has to bring drama or risk getting cut from the show. She had no other story line with both baby daddies missing in action. 

I just have to comment (disclaimer: I find Briana insufferable and a bad addition to the show)...

I agree that the mature thing in her situation should have been to place Stella for adoption. 

This woman and her groupies don't want either baby daddy in the picture. They make it miserable for them when they are around, Novas father has repeatedly asked for Nova to come spend time with his family, he gets shot down. They only want checks to clear, no custody agreements.

She also doesn't pawn off her children because they are being raised by 3 women in that house...Briana doesn't do ANY heavy lifting in the parenting department alone. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

Count me in as one who doesn't understand why Chris needs his time with Lil Soapy supervised? If he was nervous about spending time with a newborn, I'm sure his mom or someone would have been happy to show him the ropes. Did Kail need to be supervised when she spent time alone with Isaac when he was brand new? No. It's just another way for her to punish him for not wanting to be with her.

I don't necessarily know why Chris would need supervised visits. But the courts required it; so I tend to be of the opinion that if that's a requirement, let a 3rd party supervise. 

Maybe they do this in cases where parents haven't been involved, to help ease the child in? I don't know. Maybe there was a reason that wasn't shown.

• Love 5

I have a feeling that when Kail said "neutral party" she was really talking about herself. She probably wanted the visits to take place at her house so it would force Chris to spend time with her. Every time she talks about him she gets super heated and emotional. She's clearly not over him and Lux is the only card she has left to play.

• Love 16
(edited)
38 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Every time she talks about him and gets all emotional, it makes me happy. She uses people and spits them out, never giving a second thought to how she's hurt them. I absolutely LOVE that he doesn't care about her or hopping on the MTV gravy train.

Chris just graduated from school and probably has significant student loan debt. I would imagine that hopping on the MTV gravy train would help him out significantly  and I bet it just burns Kail that up that even the promise of a significant payday isn't enough for him tolerate her. 

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Chris just graduated from school and probably has significant student loan debt. I would imagine that hopping on the MTV gravy train would help him out significantly  and I bet it just burns Kail that up that even the promise of a significant payday isn't enough for him tolerate her. 

Yeah, and at this point he's not exactly anonymous anyway, so why not become a "cast member" for a season or 2, grab a little piece of the pie & be on his way? It's GOTTA be mind-f'ing her hard.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Chris graduated from college!? Color me impressed! Isn't he only the second person from Teen Mom-dom that has achieved such a feat?

• Love 8

Cash Out Kail is mad she couldn’t be the mutual party.  The way I understood it Chris had supervised visits for 4 weeks and then they had another court date to rediscuss.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, lezlers said:

The bigger question is how the hell does he have a girlfriend?!  What kind of person would hitch her star to THAT particular wagon??

Well he has 2 daughters. Anymore though he might have to date across state lines which is perfect cuz that fucker probably doesn't have an actual license much of the time. 

13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That got me as well. I know every parent has had that moment of "keep it up and I'll turn this car around and go home" but Dave and Jenelle have scary short fuses. If Kaiser had been pitching massive tantrums and Jace and Maryssa were at each others' throats then I could see the irritation, but none of them were acting that badly to warrant such a drastic response. I almost hope the show doesn't go away soon because I feel like the cameras give Jenelle at least a small measure of accountability.

They were sent out to play and suddenly it's an issue??? That whole segment was abusive to my eyes.

9 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

*Raises hand*

And I'll bring the weed. *PPP*

• Love 13
(edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, druzy said:

Oh god, Adam LOVES sob stories about himself. He is always the victim! The world is just always out to get him! Everyone is unfair to him! It’s never his fault! He is perfect, the world just won’t give him a chance and is mean to him for no reason! 

Does he really have no job tho? His house may be paid in full, but he pays those electricity and heat bills somehow...and if he’s still on meth, he pays for that shit somehow, too. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 8

I was watching before bed and had to turn the cabin scenes off before I went to sleep so I wouldn't be too upset.   They are both so gross with the kids.   I work in social services and a child has to be in imminent danger/threat of dying to be removed from the home and I think that it sucks because of the lifelong damage we all know Kaiser will suffer from already.  A lot of it is there is not enough money/resources to support kids getting pulled from the home but they do try and place them with family and if Nathan's mom is trying to get custody.....I really wish they would look at that but I also don't know the North Carolina laws.  You can legally hit your child or use physical punishment as long as it does not persist after two hours (like a burn or wound from a sharp object).  We all know it's wrong and a fucked up system. 

Kail's opening scene made me happy because it was so ridiculous.  Both girls getting dolled up to be on a radio show and Kail saying she wanted to get her a-hole bleached so it wouldn't look dirty.  She has really big buns and they don't open up far enough during the positions she would be in for a guy to get a good look at her a-hole.   The girl she was talking with seemed like the dumbest person to ever live.  Just the blank stare during the scene and her "oh" at the end.  I had to rewind it to have a good chuckle.  She should ask for a gig hosting the After Show.  Perfect for it. 

12 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Sometimes I wonder if this is why she breastfeeds, because she can claim the baby needs to go with her.    Kail is the only mom I have ever seen breastfeed (if there was another I just can't personally recall) so I don't totally think this - she may be a nursing advocate - but you know damn well she uses it as an excuse. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, supergirlsudz said:

When I was a kid I ALWAYS made sure I had to go to the bathroom during things I didn't like (namely church, dance lessons). I would plan my bathroom break to be right in the middle, to break up the boredom!

One of my kid's teachers told me he goes to the bathroom every time he has her class, for a good 20-30 min.  He's 10. She wanted to check if he's ok, because she would never deny a child to go to the restroom.  Obviously, he was just trying to get out of language class (which he hates). I told both of them that as a general rule, no more bathroom breaks during that class! He snowed her for a good half of year...

• Love 7
17 hours ago, lezlers said:

Good lord, who needs a case of beer for 2 people for 2 days? 

LMAO!! I can go through a case of beer by myself on a weekend. Now mind you I have no children in my home that I am responsible for so there is that. ;)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, HausfrauoftheDE said:

One of my kid's teachers told me he goes to the bathroom every time he has her class, for a good 20-30 min.  He's 10. She wanted to check if he's ok, because she would never deny a child to go to the restroom.  Obviously, he was just trying to get out of language class (which he hates). I told both of them that as a general rule, no more bathroom breaks during that class! He snowed her for a good half of year...

this is reminding me of days in HS when I just did not want to be there & I'd get a girls' room pass (sometimes meeting my friends to smoke, LOL...you'd have to call out "it's all right" when you walked in to the girls' room so everyone would know it wasn't a teacher) every single class

• Love 11
3 hours ago, HausfrauoftheDE said:

I suspected this of one of my students. It slowed down a bit when I told him in front of his mom (winkingly), "Yes, I think he needs a visit to the doctor..."

In Kaiser's case I wonder if sitting at the table where he worries about spilling drinks, or where he's being scrutinized, and in such close proximity to David, makes his stomach upset, leading him to think he's got to go to the bathroom.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Sometimes I wonder if this is why she breastfeeds, because she can claim the baby needs to go with her.    Kail is the only mom I have ever seen breastfeed (if there was another I just can't personally recall) so I don't totally think this - she may be a nursing advocate - but you know damn well she uses it as an excuse. 

I think Chelsea nursed Watson for quite awhile. I also thought that Kail quit nursing Lil Soapy a lot sooner than her other kids. But I could be remembering wrong. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I haven't had as much time lately to devote to these forums and I am missing why he is called Lil Soapy!!!

His name is Lux which is an old fashioned soap.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I haven't had as much time lately to devote to these forums and I am missing why he is called Lil Soapy!!!

One of the posters ( I think @Kazu) said it reminded her of:

lux.jpg

• Love 6
9 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Does he really have no job tho? His house may be paid in full, but he pays those electricity and heat bills somehow...and if he’s still on meth, he pays for that shit somehow, too. 

My guess is he's selling drugs or his parents are covering the overhead for the house. I was laughing when he claimed Teen Mom was the reason he couldn't get a job. I'm thinking his DUI's, positive drug tests and assault charges might be more of a factor, but what do I know?

• Love 17

I love how Adam wanted to start his own business, he just wasn't sure of what that business was. I can just picture him making vinyl cutouts for protein shake bottles and selling them on Etsy. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I'm not really defending Kail...more pointing out that Chris has some responsibility for what's gone on...but here goes.  Chris is not void of any culpability.  If he doesn't want to deal with Kail then maybe he should've thought about that before impregnating her.  If he's a college graduate, chances are he's educated enough to be well aware that the courts are available to him.  Since it seems their breakdown happened well before she had the kid, he could've gotten a lawyer and gone to court to make sure this was all buttoned up and a DNA test was performed before Lux ever popped out.  Disappearing for a time and then reappearing after the kid is born to decide he suddenly wants to be a part of the kid's life is...bullshit.  Kail would have fought him tooth and nail for sure, but once it was proven it was his kid then he should've been there without letting her get in the way.  And I'm really tired of men using the difficulty of the women they impregnate as an excuse to take off.  Keep your dick in your pants if you're not willing to deal with the woman you're having sex with for 18 years.  Does he need supervised visits?  Probably not.  But how is anyone to know since he hasn't been around?  Jo has figured out a way to co-exist with Kail and while it was a battle at first he never backed off from wanting to be Isaac's father nor did he ever let Kail get in his way with her bullshit.  And they co-parent pretty successfully now.  Chris is not exactly a saint in this situation.

30 minutes ago, Birdee said:

I love how Adam wanted to start his own business, he just wasn't sure of what that business was. I can just picture him making vinyl cutouts for protein shake bottles and selling them on Etsy. 

LMAO

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Birdee said:

I see him cutting out the pictures and putting them on his vision board he copied from Pinerest.  The board also has pictures of sleeveless tee-shirts, needles, janked up dirt bikes, and weird, meth head-looking men labeled "freinds".  For some reason, Ryan from TMOG picture is front and center.  It is not a very good vision board and he blames Chelsea for it. 

Edited by LBS
  • Love 19
(edited)

@FlickerInTheNight you cannot make any determinations on custody before the child is born. Any sort of testing done would require Kailyn’s consent as she would be the patient they would be testing so long as Lux was in utero. 

I too don’t make excuses for Chris- but while Kailyn was pregnant there wasn’t much he could do. I personally don’t understand what women want from men while they are pregnant if they aren’t in a relationship- besides paying for 50percent of the costs of the birth. That’s it. (And the bill would come after the child is born) the person with the uterus is the one that has to be pregnant! Now once the kid comes out and is a legal person that’s a different story.

He got this court stuff figured out 4 months after birth, after the DNA test. In the grand scheme of things he didn’t dillydaddle around. It’s not as if Lux was four YEARS old and he petitioned for emergency custody. You can not compare him to Jo who fought with Kailyn for years before peaceful co-parenting was achieved; again at this point in the story Lux is only 4months old.

Chris is no saint, he fucked a woman he barely knew bareback and made a child, but it looks like he’s attempting to Parent that child in some type of way. Kailyn certainly isn’t in a position to judge Chris at all. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 19
30 minutes ago, LBS said:

I see him cutting out the pictures and putting them on his vision board he copied from Pinerest.  The board also has pictures of sleeveless tee-shirts, needles, janked up dirt bikes, and weird, meth head-looking men labeled "freinds".  For some reason, Ryan from TMOG picture is front and center.  It is not a very good vision board and he blames Chelsea for it. 

Hilarious!

• Love 4
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@FlickerInTheNight you cannot make any determinations on custody before the child is born. Any sort of testing done would require Kailyn’s consent as she would be the patient they would be testing so long as Lux was in utero. 

I too don’t make excuses for Chris- but while Kailyn was pregnant there wasn’t much he could do. I personally don’t understand what women want from men while they are pregnant if they aren’t in a relationship- besides paying for 50percent of the costs of the birth. That’s it. (And the bill would come after the child is born) the person with the uterus is the one that has to be pregnant! Now once the kid comes out and is a legal person that’s a different story.

He got this court stuff figured out 4 months after birth, after the DNA test. In the grand scheme of things he didn’t dillydaddle around. It’s not as if Lux was four YEARS old and he petitioned for emergency custody. You can not compare him to Jo who fought with Kailyn for years before peaceful co-parenting was achieved; again at this point in the story Lux is only 4months old.

Chris is no saint, he fucked a woman he barely knew bareback and made a child, but it looks like he’s attempting to Parent that child in some type of way. Kailyn certainly isn’t in a position to judge Chris at all. 

Personally, I don't care what period of time passed.  This is a kid, not a dog.  You don't get to just decide you want to be a dad four months after the kid is born.  And I can compare him to Jo.  So I did.  

He's made no attempt to be a father to that kid until this point.  Regardless of anything, Jo never let Kail get in the way of him being a father to Isaac.  Period.  Jo was also 8 years younger than Chris is at this point and he still figured it out.

Kail is a hosebeast, no doubt...but it's not like it's a secret.  Chris could have googled her beforehand to find that out, even if he didn't he was marginally aware of what was happening with Javi...that should have at least been a red flag to back away.  There's plenty of evidence around to see how she treats people/men in her life.  Should've wrapped it up.  It's not like her dazzling personality and striking good looks were the reason he slept with her.  She was willing and he was horny.  Well, now you get to deal with the bitch and the kid that resulted.  Have fun with that, Pal.  I refuse to believe there was nothing that could have been worked out before the kid was born.   I have no sympathy for either of them.  If he has to deal with supervised visits and Kail for the rest of his life that's his problem.  He made his choice.  No one forced him into anything.

Edited by FlickerInTheNight
  • Love 4

I know Chris isn't a saint and he should've known better than to impregnate a hosebeast like Kail, but in fairness to him we only have Kail's highly edited, highly sanitized point of view. Chris did attend doctor's appointments and was present for the birth. Things only went to shit after Kail got butt hurt over him not signing the birth certificate and going back to his old girlfriend. Who knows, maybe he's a horrible person and Kail is telling the truth, but I've been watching her antics for far too long to take everything she says as gospel.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, teapot said:

this is reminding me of days in HS when I just did not want to be there & I'd get a girls' room pass (sometimes meeting my friends to smoke, LOL...you'd have to call out "it's all right" when you walked in to the girls' room so everyone would know it wasn't a teacher) every single class

I still cannot believe I used to SMOKE in the bathroom in high school!  Did I not think the smoke would smell?  Where were the teachers?  

Hasn't Kail known Chris since Lincoln was a baby?  There was a big fight about a concert with Javi.  Sterling was there, all ugly and yelling.  That was about Chris and her texting him.  Chris has known for a LONG time how awful Kail is.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 7:27 AM, teapot said:

The DeBoers have a sign in their kitchen saying "The DeBoer's" because of course they do.

Poor cameraman! 

Boy-child would claim to have to pee whenever we went shopping.  I always took him b/c I would've felt horrid if I let him have an accident because I  wasn't paying attention.  So I know every single bathroom in every shopping plaza in the surrounding five towns.  There was very little tinkling going on...

(I'm gonna have to ask his GF if he still does that!)

David was SWEARING AT THE KIDS in the car.  He is the most vile person I've ever seen (worse than Farrah Abraham, perhaps!  and from me that's saying everything!)  I don't get how any woman could ever be with him...and clearly there have been a few.

Nova, babe, I feel your pain.  My little sis was born when I was six.  I was *crazy* jealous, and of course she got different attention...silly, affectionate, etc.  And my 'rents were quite exhausted so their patience with me was not always the best.  oh well, I'm glad my little sis exists!!

I saw that too and cringed.

It looked homemade, which is extra thoughtful, but wouldn’t one think to triple check grammar rules before creating such a unique piece?

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6
(edited)

I am so confused about David.  I remember earlier episodes when he was constantly holding Kaiser and seemed so obsessed with Kaiser that it bordered on creepy.  Now David seems like he can't stand him and wants nothing to do with him, except to yell and punish him.  Regardless, I feel so sorry for those kids.  

And I'm sorry to say this, but Lux is not a cute baby.  Maybe he'll grow into his looks.  Right now he just looks like a confused monkey.

Edited by Phoebe70
spelling
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

I am so confused about David.  I remember earlier episodes when he was constantly holding Kaiser and seemed so obsessed with Kaiser that it bordered on creepy.  Now David seems like he can't stand him and wants nothing to do with him, except to yell and punish him.  Regardless, I feel so sorry for those kids.

He was doing whatever it took for Jenelle to put a ring on it. Now that he's got that, his true demon can emerge. 

• Love 11
On 6/14/2018 at 9:21 AM, supergirlsudz said:

When I was a kid I ALWAYS made sure I had to go to the bathroom during things I didn't like (namely church, dance lessons). I would plan my bathroom break to be right in the middle, to break up the boredom!

This is exactly why I created bathroom passes for my high school students. ? They receive four passes per semester and can turn unused passes in for extra credit during finals. (They don’t know extra credit really doesn’t bump an F to a C, but I’ll never tell!)

The students have 10-15 min passing periods, but too many of them still “need to use the bathroom” the minute class starts or the minute it’s time for a pop quiz. 

I see the same kids wandering around campus for 20 mins every day, during every period. As a result, I’m extra wary about requests from my frequent fliers who engage in classic textbook task avoidance behavior.

I also have a sign out/in sheet to show parents the frequency of how often their kids “need to use the bathroom” when they want to blame me that their kid is failing.

If a kid runs out of passes, and they really have to go, I let them go, but it’s sad (to me) that making sure students try to pass my class has now evolved into me having to be the bathroom police. I hate it, I do, but it’s become a necessary thing. Damn me for caring that my students learn!

If a student misses the intro to the lesson, with examples, or they aren’t in class to take notes, then they’re lost for the rest of the class, can’t keep up with the lesson or might not know how to do the HW. 

I’ve had a few kids even have the audacity to take 40+ minutes claiming their “stomach hurt them.” Uh huh. Sure. 

Sadly, it’s quite common for a group of students plan to meet up in the middle of 4th period and it’s never to help an elderly person cross the street! It’s how many students get injured; they’re jumped or attacked in bathrooms or blind spots. Girls have had their faces slashed, hair cut off, skin mutilated and that’s just what I know about. 

In this day and age, it’s also a serious safety issue. Kids can’t be roaming the hallways on a self-imposed brain break. I try to embed a brain break during each class to keep them motivated/engaged, but I can only do so much. God forbid something happens and there’s a lock down, those student(s) have nowhere to go. They’re supposed to run to the nearest open classroom during a lockdown (15-30 seconds before most doors are locked), but if they’re knocking on a locked door to be let in, and the teacher opens the door to let them in, that means a teacher just risked everything because someone wasn’t in class. That’s exactly how one of the teachers at Stoneman Douglas in Florida died; he opened his locked door for a student who was self-admittedly wanderering around the halls to use their phone. THAT is the shit that I wish we could be honest about and say “this is why you need to go to the bathroom before class”, but we can’t.

However, Kaiser should have been allowed AND encouraged to go to the bathroom, hands down. That would mean a “parent” would have had to get up off of their arse and go with him though, so there you go. 

From what little I know about potty training, I do know that you always honor the request to go potty, regardless of the frequency. Kaiser wetting his bed at Nathan’s is a symptom of psychological shit going on at The Land and I don’t understand why Nathan doesn’t get that. Then again, it’s Nathan.

I wonder if K wets the bed when he’s on The Land? I don’t know much about the topic, but if he wets the bed at Nathan’s, wouldn’t he statistically wet the bed at “home” too?

I was also floored (but then again, it’s DFs 1 & 2) that Maryssa and Jace were playing in a car. I hope there weren’t any keys nearby to emit a signal, but using the interior of a vehicle as a playground? That is just asking for an accident. Way too many scary combinations of kids & buttons to ever think that is ever OK.

• Love 19
(edited)

My sister’s eldest is about Kaiser’s age and he is mostly potty trained.  I mean he can pee on his own but when he poops my sister needs to check to make sure he wiped.   A couple times when I was around he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bathroom with him.  It was kind of cute.    I didn’t know I had to wipe his poop.  (Bridge to far for me).   

Anyhoo potty training a kid takes actual effort.  And a three year old mimics the adults around them.  If you are obsessed with food they will be too.  If you are an angry rage monster they will be too.  Kids are sponges. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

I used to take my kids to the potty every hour on the hour to potty train, as well as allow them to use the bathroom whenever they needed. My kids didn't have issues, nor did they have David for a stepfather. 

David is a scary asshole.

• Love 12
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, lovesnark said:

I totally agree and the comparison to Kail bringing home her newborn is spot on.  I didn't know shit about babies when I brought my son home and I didn't need a supervisor there (thank GOD my mom was there but still.  It wasn't REQUIRED.)  I was wondering what was up with the supervised visits thing myself.  He's the kid's father.  He hasn't done anything wrong or would warrant anyone thinking Lux would be in danger with him.   Kailyn is a pro at abusing the system. The "neutral" party is crazy, too.   Is she worried Chris is going to talk shit to a FOUR MONTH OLD?  Get a grip, Kail.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, druzy said:

It is really upsetting that THEY would bring this up to Aubree! Chelsea has even been very protective of him, and what she tells Aubree, so it's really sad that they would go and do that. She's a child who doesn't need to be brought into the dark parts of this! 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think Chelsea nursed Watson for quite awhile. I also thought that Kail quit nursing Lil Soapy a lot sooner than her other kids. But I could be remembering wrong. 

No, you're right.  She was Miss Lactivist with Lincoln (as well as a....shudder....anti-vaxxer....shudder) and has made a 180 with Lil Soapy (god I love that name.)  She formula feeds him and vaccinates.   Kail does whatever is trendy and most convenient for HER.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, MrsSlinky said:

It is really upsetting that THEY would bring this up to Aubree! Chelsea has even been very protective of him, and what she tells Aubree, so it's really sad that they would go and do that. She's a child who doesn't need to be brought into the dark parts of this! 

Adam's parents might be in deeper denial than Ryan's and that's saying something.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Birdee said:

Chicken wing towelettes with his face on them!

6 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

And I'm sorry to say this, but Lux is not a cute baby.  Maybe he'll grow into his looks.  Right now he just looks like a confused monkey.

Re: David and Kaiser, I remember that too. I think that was back when he was still trying to win over Jenelle. And simultaneously poke at Nathan. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 3:38 PM, Mkay said:

It’s because Jenelle doesn’t play Yahtzee with them. Ha! 

Jenelle and David were cranky because they were hung over. They couldn’t handle four kids. Imagine how much more awful it is now that David’s son visits now.  I never hated people ive never met before as much as I do David and Jenelle. 

Yahtzee is an intergenerational problem with Jenelle! You'd think she would have learned from her own Yahtzee-deprived childhood.

It was SUPER DUPER OBVIOUS that they were kept up all night by getting high (on whatever combination of drugs) and they were so spent and irritable the next day because they were hung over/still high. So all the bullshit blaming the kids for "ruining the vacation" was that much more disgusting. UBT and Jenelle aren't good-natured addicts who will at least drag their asses out of bed for half an hour to feed the kids and set them up in front of the TV so they can grab another couple of hours' sleep. They are nasty addicts who get high all night on their "family vacation," then scream at and punish the kids for annoying them when they just want to sleep it off the next day. I hate them too. 

Also, it's striking how neither of them can even fake being normal/decent human beings/parents AT ALL. On a certain level, UBT is more freaky when he's doing his "nice dad" act (which is TOTALLY UNCONVINCING) than when he's being himself, screaming at and threatening children. It rings so hollow and false when he's "being nice." I've noticed two "nice modes" with him. There are times when he's clearly stoned on pot (I think, maybe in combination with/while coming down from some other drug*) and he's kind of low-key silly and far less irritable than he usually is. One specific instance of this is when he was talking to the producers over the fence when they came to the place where he and Jenelle were staying during the reunion. His other "nice mode" is when they're playing "happy family" for the cameras and he's (obviously, to me) being very intentional about seeming like a nice guy and a good dad. The only problem is that he's too warped to even understand what a "normal" dad/person acts like, so it comes off as very weird and fake. I'm thinking of multiple scenes with him being like, "Hey, Kaiser, how you doing, buddy? I love you!" when it's totally weird and obviously fake. He clearly hates Kaiser. [*IMO, UBT for sure and probably Jenelle as well do drug(s) harder than weed, but I think they also smoke pot and they admit to drinking.]

On 6/15/2018 at 12:57 PM, BitterApple said:

I know Chris isn't a saint and he should've known better than to impregnate a hosebeast like Kail, but in fairness to him we only have Kail's highly edited, highly sanitized point of view. Chris did attend doctor's appointments and was present for the birth. Things only went to shit after Kail got butt hurt over him not signing the birth certificate and going back to his old girlfriend. Who knows, maybe he's a horrible person and Kail is telling the truth, but I've been watching her antics for far too long to take everything she says as gospel.

Chris clearly exercised poor judgment in his relationship with Kail, but I don't think that makes him a bad person or an unfit father. If he had actually done anything really horrible, I have no doubt that Kail would be more than happy to share every detail of it, but she doesn't really seem to have any specific beef with him. She says stuff like that she's "been through so much" with him or whatever, but that means nothing to me, especially given what we know about what a manipulative, controlling, lying cow she is. Also, I really don't care about their relationship drama. By Kail's own admission, they were never in a committed relationship, so it's hardly like they were married for 10 years and he cheated on her. They were friends with benefits (or whatever; I don't care) and she caught feelings, tried to trap him with a baby (which was INCREDIBLY STUPID of her), and it didn't work out the way she hoped. Being Kail, she couldn't just accept that, learn from her mistakes, and try to find a way to move forward in a positive co-parenting relationship. No, she has to punish him for disappointing her/not bending to her will. She has done the same shit with Jo and Javi, but, obviously has learned nothing about how that hurts HER KIDS in the end. 

And the thing is, even if Chris had "fallen in love with her" or whatever the fuck she wanted, that still wouldn't have satisfied her. I don't think Kail really wants a committed, long-term relationship, at least not at this point in her life. She seems to enjoy the drama of having new partners/multiple partners all the time, which is not necessarily unusual or bad, especially for a person in her early-mid 20's. It's problematic with Kail because she has 3 kids she drags into every new relationship and she's very dishonest and messy. I think she was/is fixated on Chris because he's "hard to get" and she set it up in her head as some sort of challenge to get him to fall for her. Incredibly stupid and immature, ESPECIALLY playing the trap baby card. That particular aspect is the opposite of the cool, smart, sophisticated woman Kail pretends to be. It actually surprised me that she was so stupid and... provincial. Who the fuck sets out to have a trap baby by a college student who isn't even her boyfriend (and who, in fact, has another woman whom he considers his girlfriend)? I could see some dumbass high school girl who's never been anywhere and has no aspirations in life besides being a wife and mom doing something like that, but not a "TV star" who's supposedly working toward an even bigger career in entertainment.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Yahtzee is an intergenerational problem with Jenelle! You'd think she would have learned from her own Yahtzee-deprived childhood.

It was SUPER DUPER OBVIOUS that they were kept up all night by getting high (on whatever combination of drugs) and they were so spent and irritable the next day because they were hung over/still high. So all the bullshit blaming the kids for "ruining the vacation" was that much more disgusting. UBT and Jenelle aren't good-natured addicts who will at least drag their asses out of bed for half an hour to feed the kids and set them up in front of the TV so they can grab another couple of hours' sleep. They are nasty addicts who get high all night on their "family vacation," then scream at and punish the kids for annoying them when they just want to sleep it off the next day. I hate them too. 

Also, it's striking how neither of them can even fake being normal/decent human beings/parents AT ALL. On a certain level, UBT is more freaky when he's doing his "nice dad" act (which is TOTALLY UNCONVINCING) than when he's being himself, screaming at and threatening children. It rings so hollow and false when he's "being nice." I've noticed two "nice modes" with him. There are times when he's clearly stoned on pot (I think, maybe in combination with/while coming down from some other drug*) and he's kind of low-key silly and far less irritable than he usually is. One specific instance of this is when he was talking to the producers over the fence when they came to the place where he and Jenelle were staying during the reunion. His other "nice mode" is when they're playing "happy family" for the cameras and he's (obviously, to me) being very intentional about seeming like a nice guy and a good dad. The only problem is that he's too warped to even understand what a "normal" dad/person acts like, so it comes off as very weird and fake. I'm thinking of multiple scenes with him being like, "Hey, Kaiser, how you doing, buddy? I love you!" when it's totally weird and obviously fake. He clearly hates Kaiser. [*IMO, UBT for sure and probably Jenelle as well do drug(s) harder than weed, but I think they also smoke pot and they admit to drinking.]

Chris clearly exercised poor judgment in his relationship with Kail, but I don't think that makes him a bad person or an unfit father. If he had actually done anything really horrible, I have no doubt that Kail would be more than happy to share every detail of it, but she doesn't really seem to have any specific beef with him. She says stuff like that she's "been through so much" with him or whatever, but that means nothing to me, especially given what we know about what a manipulative, controlling, lying cow she is. Also, I really don't care about their relationship drama. By Kail's own admission, they were never in a committed relationship, so it's hardly like they were married for 10 years and he cheated on her. They were friends with benefits (or whatever; I don't care) and she caught feelings, tried to trap him with a baby (which was INCREDIBLY STUPID of her), and it didn't work out the way she hoped. Being Kail, she couldn't just accept that, learn from her mistakes, and try to find a way to move forward in a positive co-parenting relationship. No, she has to punish him for disappointing her/not bending to her will. She has done the same shit with Jo and Javi, but, obviously has learned nothing about how that hurts HER KIDS in the end. 

And the thing is, even if Chris had "fallen in love with her" or whatever the fuck she wanted, that still wouldn't have satisfied her. I don't think Kail really wants a committed, long-term relationship, at least not at this point in her life. She seems to enjoy the drama of having new partners/multiple partners all the time, which is not necessarily unusual or bad, especially for a person in her early-mid 20's. It's problematic with Kail because she has 3 kids she drags into every new relationship and she's very dishonest and messy. I think she was/is fixated on Chris because he's "hard to get" and she set it up in her head as some sort of challenge to get him to fall for her. Incredibly stupid and immature, ESPECIALLY playing the trap baby card. That particular aspect is the opposite of the cool, smart, sophisticated woman Kail pretends to be. It actually surprised me that she was so stupid and... provincial. Who the fuck sets out to have a trap baby by a college student who isn't even her boyfriend (and who, in fact, has another woman whom he considers his girlfriend)? I could see some dumbass high school girl who's never been anywhere and has no aspirations in life besides being a wife and mom doing something like that, but not a "TV star" who's supposedly working toward an even bigger career in entertainment.

Omg you are so spot on with UBT and his two "nice guy" modes!!! the fake one is extremely chilling. I can't wait until we get to the point in the season where he is fired. That look he hadn't on his face when he glared into the cameras after yelling at the kids in the car was truly frightening. 

• Love 17