Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Can I Get Fries With That?

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 minutes ago, terrymct said:

The guests were terrible, but the stews haven't been up to the usual standards we've seen in past seasons.  I think a fair amount of that is that they're essentially short handed.  There's a body there but the work isn't getting done.  Likely related to that, the group of stews really haven't gotten their work pattern down.   This stuff isn't hard.  Don't know how to make a bloody mary?  Ask someone, including the chef, for the recipe or pull it up on your phone.   Working on the rooms should be just a quick routine by this point.   Laundry, ok, one lesson then just do it.   These people aren't being handed a welder's mask and asked to figure out arc welding.  

Hannah is seriously off her game, in particular.  Once she gets a functioning team under her that is likely to improve, but I wish she wasn't starting up with the bossun.  Get your department working first, then chat him up.  He'll still be there unless he's fired.

Hannah truly made herself look bad last night! When she drinks, she gets handsy, but even I was shocked how she was mauling the bosun! She may have run him off because he was obviously embarrassed by her behavior! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 1

The cast this year is an epic fail. The bosun, the deckhands, seasick girl, all of them, but......nobody could be more boring than Brooke. I don't care that she missed her sisters wedding, sob sob. Or that she has a crush on Adam. If that's not a fake storyline then I don't know what is. 

Hannah is burned out and doesn't care about her job anymore. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

The cast this year is an epic fail. The bosun, the deckhands, seasick girl, all of them, but......nobody could be more boring than Brooke. I don't care that she missed her sisters wedding, sob sob. Or that she has a crush on Adam. If that's not a fake storyline then I don't know what is. 

Hannah is burned out and doesn't care about her job anymore. 

How do you keep yourself psyched to do this job? She's little more than head of housekeeping! She's on par with the supervisor of stewardesses on a plane! I would have been over this job the 1st year after getting a taste of how nasty privileged a-holes can be! ;-)

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Hannah truly made herself look bad last night! When she drinks, she gets handsy, but even I was shocked how she was mauling the bosun! She may have run him off because he was obviously embarrassed by her behavior! ;-)

The night before they went out he at the very least was in her room for a decent makeout and probably more based on his startled stare into the camera so drunkingly making out with someone you have that sort of relationship isn’t odd and at one point he seemed very into it.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

How do you keep yourself psyched to do this job? She's little more than head of housekeeping! She's on par with the supervisor of stewardesses on a plane! I would have been over this job the 1st year after getting a taste of how nasty privileged a-holes can be! ;-)

Yeah, I do agree with you there. I sure don't have the temperament for it but isn't the consolation that they make a years salary in 4 months or so and don't have to work the rest of the year? 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The night before they went out he at the very least was in her room for a decent makeout and probably more based on his startled stare into the camera so drunkingly making out with someone you have that sort of relationship isn’t odd and at one point he seemed very into it.

No, no, clearly that crazy drunken cougar was mauling the poor innocent child against his will. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Their shabbot prayer was singing “shabbot shalom”, so i’m thinking we were never seeing any brachos over the challah or wine lol. I gotta say, as a Jew myself, i felt really ashamed and insulted to see people using their Judaism as a way to be difficult. They’re horrible people, couldn’t they have just use their veganism and not an already denigrated religion?  Sigh. 

That little fake out moment with the tip before the charter guest left was such a bitch move. I’m not surprised it was a small tip. These people don’t value money or time. I don’t think value much but their privilege. 

lmao-gif-2.gif

I LOVE the idea that assholery is mitigated by potentially limiting food choices.   Dammit if that's not incentive for me to go full on plant based... 

42 minutes ago, terrymct said:

The guests were terrible, but the stews haven't been up to the usual standards we've seen in past seasons.  I think a fair amount of that is that they're essentially short handed.  There's a body there but the work isn't getting done.  Likely related to that, the group of stews really haven't gotten their work pattern down.   This stuff isn't hard.  Don't know how to make a bloody mary?  Ask someone, including the chef, for the recipe or pull it up on your phone.   Working on the rooms should be just a quick routine by this point.   Laundry, ok, one lesson then just do it.   These people aren't being handed a welder's mask and asked to figure out arc welding.  

Hannah is seriously off her game, in particular.  Once she gets a functioning team under her that is likely to improve, but I wish she wasn't starting up with the bossun.  Get your department working first, then chat him up.  He'll still be there unless he's fired.

It might be a perfect storm of issues.   Adam was asleep and the wifi was out.   How old is this kid?  (I'm thinking of the quote upthread where somebody mentioned she hadn't had sex in 8 years.  1.  I don't wanna know her like that and 2.  somebody please say in her mid to late 20s).   Annnyway, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here because she ordinarily wouldn'tve been in this position, time was of the essence as dicks 1 and 2 were waiting to be served and making the choice to wake up anyone who might've known the answer (I'dve chosen Adam too Terry) seemed not ideal.    She may be too young to appreciate turtle vs. hare mentality. 

Sandy was all the way in her feelings about that sparkler huh?   Perfectly valid but completely non-commensurate reaction.  I thought OH SHIT is she marching out there in front of these people in her night clothes and civilian parka?  Lmao Nomaam!  Go back inside and put on your dress white pjs then you can drag Hannah.  In private.  

When Honey said if you guys ever get to LA look us up and Hannah said so we can give it back to you?  Could we have....um no I want.......instead I'd like............

Honey: 

giphy.gif

I cringed because I thought that bitchass was going to ask to speak to the Captain but when she asked if that meant they're demanding, legit this was me: 

mr-t-lol.gif

I'm several episodes behind so forgive me if ya'll have talked this over already but Hannah looks AMAZING.   She didn't strike me as overweight or even close last season but it's clear she's dropped a couple pounds and something else.   She's more I don't know.....tan?  relaxed looking?    It's serving her well.   The child who's grooving on her is adorable, I just wouldn't be able to get that he's 23 out of my head.  Not an age difference mind you, I've got a bit of big cat in me lol.  I mean I wouldn't be able to stop focusing on the number.  Like you got old enough to legally order a drink.....24 months ago?  Oh nah lol.  NAH. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, sadie said:

I work in retail so I can assure everyone these assholes aren’t acting. People really are this awful and I see it daily. 

Yup.  My daughter was waitressing in a catering hall while in school and said both the men and women were so nasty.  One smart ass guy asked her “wheres the milk, m i  l  k.  She replied, “on the table,  t a b l e”.  He turned red and shut up.  She just couldn’t take it anymore.  Here’s a kid working thru college, and the guy was a nasty asshole spelling out a word like she was a dummy.  

• Love 8
17 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Gee, poor Honey didn't eat any dinner because she didn't like dah-dit.

What another bunch of insufferable assholes!

Didn't understand "dah-dit" when I saw the captioning and again here.  Can someone 'splain please?  Boy, what a bunch of self-important arses those guests were. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Solokitty said:

Didn't understand "dah-dit" when I saw the captioning and again here.  Can someone 'splain please?  Boy, what a bunch of self-important arses those guests were. 

Me either, haha.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

Me either.   Was she sounding it out in Morse code?  da-dit-dah

Maybe it’s obnoxious rich bitch lingo.  Something we know not of, ha.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yup.  My daughter was waitressing in a catering hall while in school and said both the men and women were so nasty.  One smart ass guy asked her “wheres the milk, m i  l  k.  She replied, “on the table,  t a b l e”.  He turned red and shut up.  She just couldn’t take it anymore.  Here’s a kid working thru college, and the guy was a nasty asshole spelling out a word like she was a dummy.  

This is so true.  I waited tables while in college.  The money is great but every damn day I wanted to quit. 

Once I got out,  I swore I would never go back,  no matter how badly I needed a job.  It's also why I tip well,  even when I have bad service.  Server is making $3 an hour and probably takes abuse daily.

And yes,  in my experience,  the people with money are usually the worst.   

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Sandy was all the way in her feelings about that sparkler huh?   Perfectly valid but completely non-commensurate reaction.  I thought OH SHIT is she marching out there in front of these people in her night clothes and civilian parka?  Lmao Nomaam!  Go back inside and put on your dress white pjs then you can drag Hannah.  In private.  

I work on ships, research vessels.  If the alarm sounds, you don't worry about dress whites or even your fancy pj's.  Shoes on, appropriate outerwear on, and any gear related to your role in the response to the potential emergency.  In the case of the captain, it's the radio so he/she can oversee efforts.   Having an alarm go off (other than when you're expecting a drill) when you're in any kind of leadership or response position makes your adrenaline roar through your body and the part of your brain containing your emergency training starts to click in.   It's an intense feeling even if you haven't been in a major fire as Capt Sandy has.

• Love 19
(edited)
55 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

lmao-gif-2.gif

I LOVE the idea that assholery is mitigated by potentially limiting food choices.   Dammit if that's not incentive for me to go full on plant based... 

It doesn’t, I was being facetious. It sincerely bothered me that these people used kosher restrictions and jewish traditions as a way to be demanding assholes when it was clear that they didn’t actually care about such restrictions and traditions. Considering many people aren’t familiar with such things, it’s embarrassing if anyone thought this was anywhere near a true representation and that these weren’t just assholes, who decided to throw “glatt” and “shabbot” around when they don’t actually care what those things mean. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

Me either.   Was she sounding it out in Morse code?  da-dit-dah

I heard it like a little kid might say it, “I didn’t liked-ed it”. I could be wrong though. Those people were awful. 

• Love 14

I'm not kosher, but in addition to the obvious fact already mentioned that kosher food from a non-kosher kitchen ISN'T, I would think that someone who was truly observant wouldn't really want to be sitting at a table with all that mixing of meat and dairy going on right in front of them. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, but those who I've known who are truly kosher are pretty firm about it.

• Love 8
(edited)
18 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I'm not kosher, but in addition to the obvious fact already mentioned that kosher food from a non-kosher kitchen ISN'T, I would think that someone who was truly observant wouldn't really want to be sitting at a table with all that mixing of meat and dairy going on right in front of them. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, but those who I've known who are truly kosher are pretty firm about it.

Many people who observe aren’t as strict and might have their own way of doing it, especially when it comes to dining outside of their homes. However, the guest said she kept “glatt kosher”, which is the stricter variety. That’s where it doesn’t add up. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 7
Just now, VagueDisclaimer said:

Many people who observe aren’t as strict ands have their own way of doing it, especially when it comes to dining out of their homes. However, the guest said she kept “glatt kosher”, which is the stricter variety. That’s where it doesn’t add up. 

My stepdad was Jewish, but thank Gawd his only real dietary challenges had to do with allergies (strawberries/curry) more than observing his heritage! How religious could he be marrying a 2nd wife who's a minority? He probably thought it was a hardship eliminating all serious observances; even Christmas! Our last X-mas tree was erected when I was still 13! X-mas cards were shelved along the fireplace, but holidays weren't that big a deal in my household! End rant! ;-)

• Love 1

I like that Conrad is trying to be a gentleman.  Shows that he's in a different place than Hannah though. 

Kasey is awful. She is one of those people  will do as much screw up work hoping they won't be asked to do xyz again! God I hate that. 

I'm done if they make J a bosun. 

The guests - blurgh. I don't mind some crazy but these guests are too much. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Yeah, I do agree with you there. I sure don't have the temperament for it but isn't the consolation that they make a years salary in 4 months or so and don't have to work the rest of the year? 

Exactly.  I remember previous seasons where they were collecting $2K or close to it apiece for a tip.  Most of these charters are 2 days, 3 days tops so that's nothing to sneeze at.  Especially if you're looking at 2 charters with tips like that a week.  Plus, you get to travel.  

I'd think the hardest part of the job (outside of the fuckwits like this week's charter) is the long hours they sometimes have to deal with.

• Love 1

So Princess Pukes-a-lot worked on a booze cruise, they were popular back in the 90's on the east coast are they still ? Hannah is desperate for love of some kind - and making out with a co worker is not a good idea, she should know this. Jaoa is obnoxious and comes off entitled.  Those guests were assholes, I think they got shear pleasure in tormenting the staff with their requests

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Those guests were assholes, I think they got shear pleasure in tormenting the staff with their requests

On the other hand their tastes were pretty low-brow. That one guest when served her pancakes (which as I recall arrived on an unadorned plate looking exactly like..... pancakes) said "These pancakes look so good!!!"

I mean, a pancake is a pancake as far as I can tell. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, emcmac87 said:

I heard it like a little kid might say it, “I didn’t liked-ed it”. I could be wrong though. Those people were awful. 

That's exactly how I interpreted it also.  Like a 3 year old.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, emcmac87 said:

I'm pretty sure it's what you wrote because that's what I heard too. I think the subtitle was terrible.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

On the other hand their tastes were pretty low-brow. That one guest when served her pancakes (which as I recall arrived on an unadorned plate looking exactly like..... pancakes) said "These pancakes look so good!!!"

I mean, a pancake is a pancake as far as I can tell. 

And they actually looked like weird pancakes to me.  He was smart to throw food at them at 2nd day lunch, he should have done the same at breakfast.

8 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I looked around for the lyrics for that song and I found quite a few.  At first the one I found that just repeated shabbat shalom was the Neil Diamond version which cracked me up with the thought they were just copying Neil Diamond. I figured he got it from somewhere and looked deeper, plus I realized they had repeated shabbat several times in a row and his version doen't.  But I fail to see how repeating "peaceful sabbath, peaceful sabbeth,  peaceful sabbath sabbath sabbath" counts as a blessing in anyone's mind.

It's part of a little ditty that was often sung at the conclusion of Sabbath services where I grew up. It is NOT a prayer or blessing over any part of Sabbath rituals, and that's coming from a cultural Jew who is agnostic at best. They're full of shit.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

These guests are such classless dicks! They needed a Bravo crossover...get The Countess to come on board for a special performance of "Money Can't Buy You Class".

Kasey is the most bland person I've ever seen on one of these shows. 

Kasey = very poor casting! She brings nothing.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't do social media. Tried looking at twitter a couple times but all I see is a huge rats nest of threads and words vomited all over the place. However, if any of you do follow that stuff, I was curious if The Kosher Kabal has said anything about what the crew & capt Sandy said about them. I imagine they'd be furious, lol.

Sandy, "those people are absolutely awful disgusting people"... or pretty much other words to that effect, lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

It doesn’t, I was being facetious. It sincerely bothered me that these people used kosher restrictions and jewish traditions as a way to be demanding assholes when it was clear that they didn’t actually care about such restrictions and traditions. Considering many people aren’t familiar with such things, it’s embarrassing if anyone thought this was anywhere near a true representation and that these weren’t just assholes, who decided to throw “glatt” and “shabbot” around when they don’t actually care what those things mean. 

I'm fairly convinced that if you asked that woman to explain the basic rules/guidelines, she's fail spectacularly after one or two of the basics.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Mmhmm, me too.    I understood you perfectly.  Veganism as a justification for being difficult hit my funny bone.

17 hours ago, terrymct said:

I work on ships, research vessels.  If the alarm sounds, you don't worry about dress whites or even your fancy pj's.  Shoes on, appropriate outerwear on, and any gear related to your role in the response to the potential emergency.  In the case of the captain, it's the radio so he/she can oversee efforts.   Having an alarm go off (other than when you're expecting a drill) when you're in any kind of leadership or response position makes your adrenaline roar through your body and the part of your brain containing your emergency training starts to click in.   It's an intense feeling even if you haven't been in a major fire as Capt Sandy has.

Lol.  and more facetiousness.

Sum total?  Duh.   It's a snark board guys, count on almost never having to take my comments literally. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Solokitty said:

I think she was saying Tah-Dig...a Persian rice dish that has a crispy layer. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Oh that would make sense (that's when captions can screw you up!) since he did say he made "crispy rice" or something like that.

And I have never met a person who doesn't go nuts over Tahdig. It's amazing. Unless of course he burnt it.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'll still eat burnt tahdig. Sometimes I like it even better. 

She did say "tahdig" once, but another time, the subtitles said "dah-dit" and it wasn't during the meal that had tahdig. Maybe dah-dit is some gibberish slang among her minions.

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie

Given Kasey's attitude and saying how much she loves it when her parents wake her up in the morning saying "Good morning Princess" (which explains a whooole lot about why she is the way she is) I had assumed that she was 19 until she said it had been 8 years since she had sex. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, dleighg said:

My friend's brother is glatt kosher and he had to ask his rabbi if it was ok for him to attend a function that wasn't kosher as long as he brought his own food.  So you have a valid point.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

They were two different times one was the person rice dish that a version of which Adam served at lunch. The other was her being a huge asshole responding to people asking her if she liked the dinner that she didn’t eat. Up until that moment Honey wasn’t actually as bad as her friends but between that and tip, she showed why she surrounds herself with similar assholes.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
On 6/12/2018 at 10:56 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

These guests are such classless dicks! They needed a Bravo crossover...get The Countess to come on board for a special performance of "Money Can't Buy You Class".

Kasey is the most bland person I've ever seen on one of these shows. 

But, but...what about her cute flower crown?

(I kid, I kid.)

• Love 2

I know nothing about being a "yachtie" or bosun, yacht chef etc. But I do think that people who are truly wealthy, hire staff that are perfection and that includes never getting Shit faced drunk, never sleeping with other crew members, never complaining about the guests etc.  The "stars" of Below Deck are most likely the middle/bottom of the barrel and that's what Bravo is looking for. 

But I will forever have a crush on Hannah. She IS perfection!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I know nothing about being a "yachtie" or bosun, yacht chef etc. But I do think that people who are truly wealthy, hire staff that are perfection and that includes never getting Shit faced drunk, never sleeping with other crew members, never complaining about the guests etc.  The "stars" of Below Deck are most likely the middle/bottom of the barrel and that's what Bravo is looking for. 

Me too.  I love Hannah.  She's got a toe in just about every pond.  She's a little slutty, a little bitchy, a little whiny, but also a little classy, a little compassionate, and a little hard working.  She's got it all rolled into one.  

• Love 8
On 6/14/2018 at 10:11 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Mmhmm, me too.    I understood you perfectly.  Veganism as a justification for being difficult hit my funny bone.

Sure, veganism and a long-persecuted religion and culture, that’s the same.

• Love 1
On 6/12/2018 at 10:14 PM, VagueDisclaimer said:

Their shabbot prayer was singing “shabbot shalom”, so i’m thinking we were never seeing any brachos over the challah or wine lol. I gotta say, as a Jew myself, i felt really ashamed and insulted to see people using their Judaism as a way to be difficult. They’re horrible people, couldn’t they have just use their veganism and not an already denigrated religion?  Sigh. 

That little fake out moment with the tip before the charter guest left was such a bitch move. I’m not surprised it was a small tip. These people don’t value money or time. I don’t think value much but their privilege. 

15 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Sure, veganism and a long-persecuted religion and culture, that’s the same.

Including your original post for reference.  You highlighted that the guests attempted to use the rules of their faith as the basis for their difficult behavior when they could've used veganism instead.   I laughed at the implication that anything, including veganism, could be an excuse.   Then I explained that that's what I was laughing at.  Twice.  

Things I'm good at:   sarcasm and laughs

Things I'm not:  Oppression Olympics and intentional obtusity  

• Love 7
On 6/16/2018 at 7:09 AM, chenoa333 said:

Oh God, I think she's hideous! Hate her whining and her slutiness and her alcoholism. I don't find her physically attractive either. And, she looks like she smells really awful -- ugh.

Hannah and Adam are the reasons I watch the show, though, because I find both of them to be utterly repulsive.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Dominii said:

Oh God, I think she's hideous! Hate her whining and her slutiness and her alcoholism. I don't find her physically attractive either. And, she looks like she smells really awful -- ugh.

Hannah and Adam are the reasons I watch the show, though, because I find both of them to be utterly repulsive.

Lol! I respect your opinion but I don't think I'll ever stop thinking Hannah is hot. Adam however is not attractive at all. Skinny, scrawny, mis-shaven, lazy, arrogant "chef".

• Love 2

On a personal level, I love cold steak. I order a big steak, eat half and take the rest home for lunch and eat it cold from the fridge.  Guess these bitches wanted their steaks so hot it would burn their mouthes to give them something else to bitch about.

• Love 1
On 6/19/2018 at 12:33 PM, Dominii said:

I agree about Hannah.  Lots of negatives, pretty much no positives.  She has a highly-inflated opinion of herself overall, and she has a mean nasty streak.  I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't think she's pretty at all.  (Not ugly, just average.)  This is an unpopular opinion here, I know!

• Love 6

The smoke/fire alarm is a perfect example of why there is a chain of command on ship and Jwow is out of line challenging the bosun. Crew cannot be standing around arguing about the reasons for an order when there is a potential life or death emergency. This guy has a lot of good energy but he needs to be able to check his ego if he’s going to move into a leadership position. 

• Love 2